Speaker 1: You know, mondays they suck, but what makes it better is a brand new second day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how old are you?
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Rock and Jeffrey in the morning. Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and we got a brand new one for you. I think proves I mean, didn't turn out the way he wanted, but it proves that you can meet anyone anywhere.
Speaker 1: You never know to date. You know, it's wild where they met. And you're gonna hear that in just a second. But first the comments.
Speaker 4: Yeah, cal El Morales said, love you guys. Podcast definitely makes work in the construction site a lot faster. But the best part is everyone on the site listen to you guys, and we had no idea until recently. So now we all love to laugh and talk about the podcast all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was all in the secret before.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then finally one person was brave enough to come on and say they.
Speaker 6: Listen me too, laugh today. Sorry, Hey, I love it. I love it all right, Your brand new second date starts right now.
Speaker 7: Second Date update.
Speaker 8: A guy reached out to us saying he lost his date and his job within twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Ye, that is a tough day, bad day, and so he.
Speaker 7: Needs our help.
Speaker 8: Specifically, he wants a date with Alexis and a job as our new morning show audio editor. So sorry, Editor Ashley, you're out. Found a cheaper replacement here.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, we're not going to pay him much.
Speaker 8: No, yes, I meant the radio. Yeah, I see, I'm just kidding. But apparently Finn hits the guy's name. He really has had a bad string of luck lately that affected his romantic and his professional life.
Speaker 7: So let's talk to him about it. Finn, Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 5: Hey, y'all, how's it going.
Speaker 7: It's going.
Speaker 3: You're fired because you're like caught with another code or a boss or something.
Speaker 5: Right, No, nothing like this has ever happened to me. Yeah, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, we're very sorry to hear about your struggles. So why don't you start at the beginning and tell us the story of what happened?
Speaker 5: All right? So, well, I was a server at this dope restaurant, and I'm working the bar runs out of limes, right, and so I have to run across the street to this like bodeg or whatever happens. Sometimes the line is crazy long and there's only one checkout personally.
Speaker 2: With a car full of enough food to feed, like a family of tag.
Speaker 5: So there's this like really attractive woman and she's at the front and I tell her the story. I'm like, yo, I need to get back to work. Is there any way I can cut in front of you. I just got some limes and if you come across the street, I'm going to hook you up to the restaurant. Wow?
Speaker 7: Yeah? What was she open to that?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I feel like I win the lottery. Yeah, I get hugged up.
Speaker 8: But if I was one of the other customers behind them in line, I would have been like, hey, what about me?
Speaker 7: You're killing me too? Do I get free food?
Speaker 5: I wasn't thinking about them, beautiful girl.
Speaker 1: They weren't hot, Jess.
Speaker 8: Yes, I forgot that rule. So she lets you cut in line?
Speaker 5: She did, and I was like, roll through, I will hook you up. And she showed.
Speaker 7: Up like la wait two days later.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was like two days later. Oh.
Speaker 7: I thought you were like, you'll come over right now. That's what I got too, whenever invite Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would beat down if she rolled over right then, But it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Did you recognize her immediately?
Speaker 5: Two days later, Yeah, she was smoking and she sits in like the bar area, and I tell the bartender. I'm like, dude, hook her up, like whatever she wants.
Speaker 8: However many lines she wants inside of her dream, give her twenty lines.
Speaker 7: He deserves it.
Speaker 5: Anyway, She's at the bar and I basically compromeal and I tell the bartender and I'm like, yo, I want to go kick it with her for a second, So like cover me because like she's leaving and I want to kind of seal the deal.
Speaker 8: You feel me, Wow, number, you're swinging this meal situation into a full on date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you can't sit down when you're when you're working, Yeah, right, Like you can comp a meal. You can go over to the table and stand up and talk to her. But did you sit down?
Speaker 5: No, That's why I had the bartender cover for me so I could like walk her out.
Speaker 7: So this is the girl that we're going to be calling what's her name?
Speaker 5: Sienna?
Speaker 7: Okay, Sienna?
Speaker 8: So you walk her out to like buy some more time with her, and how does that go?
Speaker 5: Well, this is where it gets a little complicated. I walk her out and then I was gone a little maybe too long, because like walk into a car and then maybe we got a drink. Like wait what Anyway, I thought the bartender was.
Speaker 1: Covering for me, went to another bar while you're on shift?
Speaker 5: Well, I was almost done with my shift anyway.
Speaker 8: It was his lunch break, okay, the second lunch break.
Speaker 3: You can't really be calling it ridiculous that you got in trouble for that.
Speaker 5: But dude, my guy at the bar, I cover him, he covers for me. I don't know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I worked in bars like usually they do. But if you were gone for like an hour.
Speaker 4: Or two, his own section, and then if a rush comes, yeah, on his own.
Speaker 5: There was nobody in there when I left, but like when I got back, yeah, it was pretty busy.
Speaker 7: And you get them. Okay, So how did you end up losing your.
Speaker 5: Job because of that? They fired me.
Speaker 7: And your brody just like you have your back, he snitched.
Speaker 5: On your on. No, he just couldn't like come up with a story.
Speaker 1: God, I mean, they're paying you to be on a date. That's kind of you needed to clock out.
Speaker 5: I wanted to get a date, that's the thing. I wanted it to be a real date.
Speaker 9: Did you like ever caer or did you get her number, Like, how did your makeshift date end before.
Speaker 7: You got fired?
Speaker 5: And it's so suddenly like I got her number and then my restaurant calls me. I have to race back, and then they fired me on the spot. Oh wow, they.
Speaker 7: Couldn't fire over the phone. They had to do it in person.
Speaker 2: I think that's.
Speaker 6: Probably the right way to do it, at least you to come back with you to lose your job, I guess.
Speaker 8: But your email said that on top of your job, you also lost a date too, So what happened with Siena?
Speaker 7: Since then?
Speaker 5: I haven't heard from her? Like I've been texting her. It's been crickets, Like I have no idea. I mean, I feel like we vibed it, like it was like a really good connection.
Speaker 7: She was just being nice because you offered her a free drink.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 9: Sometimes honestly we think girls like us and they're just being kind, were accepting the gift.
Speaker 5: You offered her.
Speaker 8: Now that you don't have the hookup for a free meal anymore, what are you like?
Speaker 2: Maybe after that was her probably date drink, you know, and.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's in a relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or maybe she's not even interested in idiom.
Speaker 8: Okay, well, let's hope that she's just in a relationship and that this can still work when we come back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Brooks says, it's a good thing. Let's try it when we do your second.
Speaker 8: D we'll see what she hasks to say and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 5: All right, thanks guys, Second date update.
Speaker 8: He's lost his job, he's lost his date, but he hasn't lost his cell phone because he's on the phone with.
Speaker 7: Us right now.
Speaker 1: That is actually really good.
Speaker 7: Have you thought of that, Finn?
Speaker 8: Even if you have absolutely nothing, at least you still have your cell phone and you should be grateful for that.
Speaker 5: It sounds like a Liam Neeson film, like how you.
Speaker 1: I think so old? He doesn't know how to use his cell phone.
Speaker 7: You should be like, I.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't find you.
Speaker 8: We will put you on a date now. Look, I know we ran through a lot of scenarios with you. Man that maybe Sienna, the girl that you met, was just in this for the free meal from you, or maybe she already has a boyfriend. But here's the thing is that Sienna gave him her phone number at the end of their meetup, and she wouldn't have done that if she wasn't at least a little bit interested in Finn or she's hard time saying no, because that's what I doumer. Yeah, exactly, Finn. I mean that must feel a little bit good. Give you a little bit of hope.
Speaker 5: I mean, give me a little hope. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 6: The only hope.
Speaker 3: The hope is that she looks at this phone call from us is like a grand romantic gesture, and she was instantly in love with you because the effort that you put in.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I love where your head jet what it's not over? Index on the hope and that she loves everything and falls in love with all of us.
Speaker 3: And then already I was on the hope train with you, Jeff silver lining it hard.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a little too hard. Let's pump the brakes on.
Speaker 5: I'm a hope train. I'm on the hope train.
Speaker 7: Okay, hope train just has a few stops.
Speaker 8: It doesn't have an express right now, we need a medium level of hope, something manageable for this. I'm just gonna call Sienna. Hopefully she picks up.
Speaker 7: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 10: Hello, Hi is a Sienna, Yes, this is her?
Speaker 8: Hey, Sienna, you're on a radio show right now. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Hey, Sienna, thanks for answering your phone.
Speaker 10: You're welcome. Can I help you with something.
Speaker 7: This is a segment that we do.
Speaker 8: It's called a second date Update, which is where if you go out with somebody and then that person doesn't call you back, we can help try to figure out what went wrong. And today we're trying to help out a listener of ours name Finn.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: But if you remember him, I'm actually surprised, like it was a pretty brief meeting that you had with him.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, I was.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a brief meeting across several days. He told us about when you met at the grocery store in Line and you let him cut and then you ended up getting a meal at his restaurant.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that was really nice of him to do.
Speaker 3: I was surprised you waited two days to go back to the restaurant, so obviously you were thinking about the interaction with him.
Speaker 2: He ran out of food.
Speaker 7: Yeah, whatever it was.
Speaker 8: We're trying to help him figure out what happened, because he told us you two went out actually from the restaurant and grabbed a drink somewhere, he had to rush back, and he hasn't heard from you since.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I was really worried about him after he left, because he seemed really nervous about all the calls that he was getting from his work. Oh yeah, when he looked at his phone, he saw that he had some missed calls from work. He finally got on the phone, he seemed really nervous, and then he had to leave, like really abruptly, and I didn't hear from him that night. So I ended up going back to his work the next day like a check on him, to pop in and say hi, and.
Speaker 8: Oh, yeah, well that was that was sweet of you too to go check on Yeah, what was that like?
Speaker 10: No, So I asked the manager about him, and he just told me that he's no longer with the restaurant, and he couldn't elaborate on why, for quote unquote like professional reasons.
Speaker 1: Oh really have found a better job.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, Well that doesn't explain why you wouldn't be like answering any of his texts or calls.
Speaker 7: If anything, you probably should have reached out and figure out where he's at.
Speaker 3: Right, you know, I would have called him immediately at the restaurant when I was told that, right, yeah.
Speaker 10: Okay, Well, then what happened is the manager asked if I wanted a complimentary drink on the house. So I ended up sitting at the bar with the manager.
Speaker 1: But you and the manager sat together at the bar.
Speaker 7: What Yeah, the mag.
Speaker 3: So he wasn't he had an ulterior motive, is what you're saying with his complimentary drink.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 8: Managers buy me free drinks at the bar all the time. Okay, Yeah, and then we meet up in the bathroom later. What's the big deal.
Speaker 10: No, he was just being a nice person. And you know, I came in there looking for Finn and I was worried about him, so he just he gave me a free drink.
Speaker 2: So yeah, more girl friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I always wanted to restaurant managers totally, notori being really nice people.
Speaker 8: Okay, you guys are sounding really skeptical and hateful over there about the restaurant industry, and I don't appreciate it. So I'm sorry to interrupt you there, Sienna, keep going. You were talking to this sweet, comforting manager who was worried about you and your feelings for Finn and wanted nothing else from you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay. So then he asked if things were serious between me and Finn.
Speaker 3: There it is, Well, yeah, he's worried about you, and what did you say he's gauging?
Speaker 10: Well I told him that we had just met the other day, okay, And then the manager asked man on a date.
Speaker 8: To continue the consoling process because clearly she needs a lot of therapy.
Speaker 7: Well, you need a second drink? Did you do that some other day?
Speaker 1: Were you interested in a date with this guy?
Speaker 10: I mean obviously not. When I walked in, like I was looking for Finn, but Finn wasn't there, and I had only gone out with him kind of that one time when he left really suddenly, so you know, the manager was cute.
Speaker 8: So I was like, sure, okay, O, have you gone on the date already with the manager?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I've actually seen him a couple of times since.
Speaker 5: And well that you are dating the guy that fired me.
Speaker 8: A moment on there, Yeah, sorry, Sienna, that's Finn.
Speaker 7: He's been quietly listening on.
Speaker 5: The other line.
Speaker 10: Couldn't really will you are fired?
Speaker 5: He fired me for doing the same thing that he did. Oh, Like, I can't even.
Speaker 8: Okay, Finn, we could tell that you're very upset obviously, just no is just just make a breath.
Speaker 7: I know this is a lot for you to process.
Speaker 3: Ironic that he's fired for going on a date while on the clock and the manager did, hey you that irony?
Speaker 5: Is that the definition of irony?
Speaker 8: The manager didn't leave the premises in order to do the date. He So, Sianna, do you want to talk to Finn here? I know he's been waiting to talk to you, so maybe just speak directly to him.
Speaker 10: Hyphen Okay, First of all, I did not know you were fired. He just said that you weren't there for a professional reason because let him go. Well, yeah, I didn't, so I didn't know you were fired, So I'm so sorry. But two, I mean like giving free drinks thing, like he is a manager and he has the authority to do that, and it sounds like you didn't so doing that.
Speaker 7: Wow, she's siding with the manager on this one.
Speaker 5: Finn.
Speaker 10: Wow, super nice and he takes care of me and like I can eat there whatever I want.
Speaker 5: Matt is a you know, I know, I'm on radio. I'm not gonna swear, but he is not a good guy. He is a piece of you know what. Like Sam, he is lying to you. He's not a good person.
Speaker 10: That's really weird that you would say all that about him because he only has nice things to say about you.
Speaker 7: That guy that I fired is really just a sweetheart.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, that the manager never outed finn is getting fired is a pretty yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean, Finn, your was protecting your image to Siena.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 10: Yeah, all I can tell you Finn is like he's been super nice, he's be super respectful, and he didn't and hasn't run out in the middle of our date like you did.
Speaker 7: That is true. You did go running back to your job.
Speaker 5: Finn, and then got fired from him.
Speaker 8: I know, man, it's a hard lesson to learn, but these are the moments in our lives that we look back on. We're like, you know, I do I choose happiness with a woman or happiness at work.
Speaker 9: If you really look back, if you would have just stalked the lines, this never would have happened.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Finn, you haven't given her a good reason why she'd choose you over him, because I'm.
Speaker 5: A good guy and he's not.
Speaker 10: Okay, well, he's employed and you're not.
Speaker 1: Yet.
Speaker 8: But here's something that Finn does have working for him. We are going to pay for the next date between you and Finn if you agree to see him one more time.
Speaker 1: And he won't be on the clock because he doesn't have a clock to be on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so you can have brunch, lunch, dinner, dessert, whatever.
Speaker 2: His schedule's open.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all for you if you say.
Speaker 10: Yes, I can already get some free meals. So I think I'm okay.
Speaker 7: Okay, well sorry, Finn, No, you don't have to apologize.
Speaker 5: At least I have my pride and I have my dignity, and I got a really good plan I got. I got unlimited minutes.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, don't you know what?
Speaker 7: It's too hard, bro in your face Jeffrey in the morning. Okay.
Speaker 8: So we started with Finn losing his job and his date, and we ended with still no job or.
Speaker 7: Date for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but even worse, the manager took the date.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, Hey, we did get him some clothes, how very much so that he knew what happened with Sienna, and that is all thanks to us.
Speaker 7: We did that.
Speaker 1: I think he would have been less bitter if he had not known.
Speaker 8: But knowledge is power, and we gave him that knowledge. So let's congratulate ourselves. And I'd like to go around the room and offer all of us a lunch date with each other, and the station will pay for it.
Speaker 7: What do you say, Brook, you in well paid?
Speaker 1: I'm always in Yeah, Jose.
Speaker 8: Yeah, alexis awesome. All right, I've got plans already, so it's a no for me. But you three enjoy that sizzler.
Speaker 1: Actually probably will more if you're gonna be.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you guys, have fun and go check out all of our second dates if you want to hear them. They're up on podcasts wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey