Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Katty arm Strong, and Jetty and Pee.
Speaker 2: Arms wrong.
Speaker 3: Line from Studio C say, let's send you our mid week. We're deep within the bowls of the Armstrong and Getty Communications compound, no longer protected by the eighty second Airborne. They're on their way to Iran today. We're toiling under the title of the show GOLLI g golly Boff. That could be the head guy and are on golly Boff. I'll tell you all about him or Jack, if you prefer this title. Straight of hor Moves, Ken's queer odd times no, but he knows what's going on. Straight turns queer, yes, straight formost turns queer. You get it, and let me First of all, we are introducing a fifteen point plan for intermation over the next four hours. I've already rejected nine of the points, but go ahead, and I would say that someone like us will never come to terms with someone like you, not now, not ever, which is what Iran just said to us. That's that's an interesting negotiating starting point. If you ever sat down to try to make a deal with somebody. It's not the most promising beginning I've ever heard. Someone like us will never come to terms with someone like you, not now, not ever, said some lieutenant colonel that, in theory is speaking on behalf of the Iranians. Of course, who knows if that's true, n out, But that's what's being reported by lots of news outlets. It's like asking a gown, would you like to grab some coffee? Sometimes she says I'd rather be murdered, not not ever, under any circumstances, right exactly. Oh boy, hmm. That leaves things in an interesting place, this meetings war. Of course, we're already at war. Yeah, and we do have the eighty second Airborne and others on the way over there to force a little leverage. If you're still feeling like you ain't in a gun negotiating, maybe you'll feel differently after Marines Land, I guess is the hope sometimes and has happened a number of times through history, including Michael. And this is a legitimate historical reference to the Chancellor of Germany. This is not a gratuitous h bomb. So no Hitler dang plays at the end, and Hitler was no religious fanatic, although he bordered on being one. He was his own godhead and fascism was his religion. But he was fully aware that he and Germany were going to lose, and he just wanted to kill as many allies as possible, no matter the cost to his people. He thought his people had failed and let him down. And the Iranian leadership may well be in that sort of mindset, could be, Oh, yeah, you're going to destroy our country, but you know, the eighty percent of Iran that doesn't support the Islamic Republic deserves to die anyway, and I'll be at Allah's side, So come on in, let's see how many infidels we can kill. I would explain that kind of language, someone like us will never negotiate with someone like you. What is someone like us? Well, what you just described, I guess it's entirely possible. And I tell you what. They don't teach you a lot in political science classes about dealing with death cults. I've always thought that's the breakdown and a lot of the stuff that Ian Bremer is, a political scientist, talks about everything like that. They assume everybody's doing things like for rational reasons, right, and people do things for irrational reasons all the freaking time. See Vladimir Putin invading Ukraine. Yeah, pride, conquest, monomania, religious fanaticism. Yeah. Anyway, the verdict came back in the social media trial yesterday and Meta got a three hundred and seventy five million dollar fine. Is that what it was? Something like that? Anyway, It was not billions, it was millions. That was the one in Texas. Oh it was that was not the one in La correct, Yeah, gotcha? Okay, the similar similar questions being asked. Had they violated consumer protection laws to the detriment of youngsters? So again similar framework. Uh huh okay. So we still don't know where this is all going. No, no, but to me, and you know me, I'm a society's got to deal with this as opposed to like courts and then laws and stuff. It speaks to the growing awareness of how rotten this is for kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: At the the same time, though, every person that I've described this trial to has said things like, well, that's how the parents should have gotten involved, like why they let their kid watch the screen so much? And you can't blame a company for wanting to make it more popular with you. A handful of people say that to me, which is my personal opinion. Also, it's like, as much as I hate all that stuff, how we gonna run a free market where you tell somebody you've made your product just too good and that's on you exactly. That's precisely my point. Yeah, it's got to be an awareness of you know, staring at the TV fourteen hours a day as a twelve year old. That's a terrible, terrible idea. What laws should be passed? None, And I'm not sure why. Internal memos that they've uncovered at Facebook of people saying geez our Instagram is so addictive means anything. Yeah, it depends how specific it is. If it says, oh, our causes a specific harm, let's go ahead anyway. But it's gotta be a fairly specific harm, not a this is so great people want to do it all day. I don't even know how that works. Because potato chips, if you eat a luff of them, market or a specific harm. All kinds of crap food is a specific harm, and it exists. You just gotta not eat so much of it, no matter how delicious they make it and how cheap, so delicious, so delicious, so cheap. Although you're designer chips, and I'm I'm a fancy man. I prefer your designer chips. They are not cheap these days. Yeah, I eat lace, yellow lace. I don't care how rich you are. You lay out six bucks for a little bag of chips. You're thinking, what the hell is going on here? I know, God, I did a thing for uh. I was at the grocery store yesterday. This slapsy in the face. Every time you go to the grocery store get gas. That's probably why the economic polling is where it is. Twice a week or however many times a week. I eat so eating out grocery store gas three times. Three different scenarios that practically, on a daily basis, you get slapped in the face with how expensive stuff is. And it's not subtle. But I was at the grocery store yesterday. I was buying a bunch of groceries for this band trip my son was going on. So parents are buying some groceries donating. I thought, okay, I'll go to the sign up genius and pick a couple of things and buy them whatever. He was like one hundred and forty dollars. That's one hundred and forty dollars. I bought some gata rade and some chips. It's one hundred and forty dollars. It just filled up with gas and was a hundred and fifty dollars. Show a hands. You know, everybody listening who has not checked out a grocery store lately and said, what the hell are the equivalent? I'm probably sure he didn't ring that up nine times by accident. I just got six items. I know it's shirking everybody, and that's why you got We never did get to the numbers yesterday. I guess we'll get them to them today. Just really negative attitudes about uh, the economy, and then Trump's emphasis on trying to make stuff cheaper and all that, which is a little bit of dumb people believing prices were gonna come down. Of course he said it, so yes, he did. You know, Trump, for all of his strength and weaknesses, he was absolutely brilliant at tapping into the working classes feelings about their country and about the derision they'd been getting from the left. He was perfect on that. As a lifelong, very very rich person, I think he has zero sense of what it's like to struggle financially, and that comes across it could be how would he how would he know? How would he have the slightest idea what it feels like to actually like I can't get, I gotta get I'm just gonna get enough gas to get me to work the next two days because I get paid on Sunday. There's no possible way he could tap into that feeling. I've done that many times. I've done that many times in my life, Like how many gallons of gas do I have to get so I have enough money left over bounce any checks that I've run before I get paid next time? And is that amount of gas going to be enough to get me back and forth to work. I don't think Trump tries very hard to understand it, but I don't know if he could, no matter how hard he tried. You, if you've never felt what I've long referred to as the fear capitalized, you just can't relate to it. Yeah, that is a bad feeling. Just saying that brought up a bad feeling in me. I haven't had to do that in quite a while. Oh, I know. My best one is one time Kansas City I was going to work, and I just did not have enough gas to drive all the way to the AT and T building where I did that entry. It was like thirty miles away, and I stopped at a gas station and I gave a guy my watch. I said, I'll give you this watch if you let me get ten dollars with a gas and then i'll pay you back tomorrow. And he let me do it. He took my watch and let me get ten dollars with a gas. Then I paid him back and give me my watch back. That's the Midwest, you know, a number of years ago. Yeah, that sucked. That's uh, you're down to brass tacks there, Yes, that sucked. Any who, let's start down to the system. I was down to the barter system, Yes, I actually was. And then you know, if he says, uh, no on the watch, but you're kind of cute, then then you know, what are my choices that it's gonna say you're one step away from twenty bucks the hard way? Oh boy? Yeah, that's for more guests. Katie really enjoying this discussion, feel free to comment if you like. I think I'll go ahead and walk at that point, but I don't know. If I was supposed to be there at seven and that's so that's a long walk, and yeah, twenty bucks. The hard way would be a lot less effort. Yeah, what's what's a little more shame after all? Exactly? Just you do it like a dentist, appoint me. Come up with something to think about. Let's think about something might be distracting exactly. I play. I play my favorite golf courses in my head. There you go. I work on music, like try to remember the chords and the bah bah bah music distract myself while I'm in this scenario having sex with the gas station. I'm easy. Leaving things unsaid is okay too? That's go to clear enough it you just clear it up, Joe. That's all for those those who haven't had their first cup of coffee yet. It's just when I said it out loud, I realized what we're discussing. Okay, boy, let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong. E's Joe Getty on this It is Wednesday, March twenty fifty or twenty twenty six, where I'm strong in getting we approve of this program. Okay, let's move on quickly. According to FCC, rules and regulations precisely at mark. If you're a president of the United States, what would be the first thing that you.
Speaker 2: Guys do buy?
Speaker 3: Something really cool, like a bunch of cars or the drinking age all the girls gotta be in Bikini's twenty four seven?
Speaker 2: Give me and my friends a lot of money, good steal?
Speaker 3: Yeah, from the federal Reserve? What's federal reserve? Oh? Asking spring breakers on the beach, various political questions, always amusing. Now, some of the answers are just I'm drinking beer on spring break. I'm not going to give you a serious answer. But some of them, because we got more of them later, are an indication of like really not having any idea about anything, which is troubling because they are by definition college kids. I would follow up every question with have you participated in any sort of protest or march in the last five last year? That's a good one, that's a good one. Anyway, I marched for Palestine. Oh, where is Palestine exactly? Oh, We've got a lot more of those clips, and we'll get to those later. We got Katie's headlines on the way. I hope you can stay here. So the baseball season kicks off tonight. They ruined Opening Day like they've ruined everything else. So I don't know why we take all of our traditions and decided to ruin them. But we got one game tonight and then dribbles and drabbles instead of the big whatever. But the first Major League baseball game where you got the electronic robot umpire, we got to talk about that later. That's an inch, yeah, yeah, ah, it's funny. I was just reading about how they've ruined basketball. Maybe we'll get sports for a couple of minutes at some point in the show, But first let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green Oh.
Speaker 2: I Ran is at the top once again. ABC.
Speaker 4: Iran insists no negotiations as US ends peace plan, CNN US expected to deploy one thousand paratroopers to the Middle East, as Iran taunts the White House and NBC. Iran mocks the idea of negotiating with the United States after Trump says to I ran badly wants a deal.
Speaker 3: So many news outlets going with the Trump claims to be negotiating, but Iran says there are no negotiations going on the word claim being pejorative. And then the former CIA director Brennan, is it that one? Whichever one during the Russia hoax, came out yesterday and said, I tend to believe the Iranians over the president. Are you freaking kidding me? There are all kinds of serious news outlets that have named the names of the negotiators that we were talking about yesterday. It's not just some crackpot theory that is unbelievable. You get yesterday's fifty four ready, somebody, thank you to somebody.
Speaker 4: Crouter's US ramps up fuel exports to Cuba's private sector.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do want to talk about Cuba back Batista.
Speaker 4: Oh, I have bad news, Jack, He's passed from the Associated Press. Over four hundred and fifty TSA officers have quit since the partial shutdown began.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this is terrible, but no time to talk about it.
Speaker 4: Fox News Meta ordered to pay three hundred and seventy five million dollars after jury fines platform enabled child predators in Landmark, New Mexico.
Speaker 3: Case a, New Mexico. Sorry had the wrong Dusty State. Are those dollar amounts just more US random? There's some formula, but they feel random. Yeah.
Speaker 4: From the Washington Post, Supreme Court appears ready to limit mail in balloting ahead of the midterms.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's a whole bunch of wrangling over things that aren't going to do a lot of have a lot of effect either way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: New York Post beauty influencer loses one hundred and forty thousand followers after her filter glitch reveals her true face.
Speaker 3: Oh, ain't quite as beautiful as you've been claiming not.
Speaker 2: It looks like a different person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, welcome to online dating.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, study fines.
Speaker 4: Men's junk food habits can wreck their fertility.
Speaker 3: Yoo, they don't care. They don't want to have kids anyway. Lunch you infertile, little weenie boys, Noodleman, noodle boys.
Speaker 2: And finally, the Babylon Bee Kim Jong un wins.
Speaker 4: Over populous with his charisma, experience, and ability to shoot you in the face if you don't vote for him.
Speaker 3: Wow, so he won another election. That reminds me I have a little feature ed. I haven't come up with the right name for it. It's uh, oh yeah, those guys or something like that. I like the way you have to have a name for your feet. You gotta have a name. It's all about branding. You got branding Jack. Anyway, it's a reminder that oh yeah, North Korea, Oh yeah, the drug car tells, oh yeah, a couple of others about oh yeah, and Russian and Ukraine. Right, sure, it's really a heck of an Oh yeah. I heard some military guy point out, you know, are fighting Iran several weeks later and they're still having the ability to fire off rockets and everything like that reminded him of Russia Ukraine. I mean, nobody could understand why Russia wouldn't just roll over Ukraine in a couple of days, and here they are four years later, still fighting it out. Is that going to be us in Iran? I hope not very different chess pieces, but nothing ever goes quite like you think it's going to, right, And the ability for a country to stalemate you with with cheap drones seems to be a modern thing. We had a lot to talk about it. I hope you can stick around. Armstrong and Getty. Downtown customers are upset after the company started running commercials on some of their smart refrigerators.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a great feeling when you walk up to your fridge and it starts playing.
Speaker 3: As for ozen pic, I actually been sitting on that story for a number of days. Yeah, it's a pilot program. They're running like big because it's one of those smart fridges that has like a TV screen that shows you today's weather and the current temper. You want them? Do not want all big banner ads online rent our carriage. I don't want my fridge to ever say you need to update your software. You've forgotten your password, or you didn't change your password in time or some crap. Can you imagine so you can't have a pickle, you know that sort of thing. I know you're not a drinking man, but can you imagine you've had a long damn day and you really just want to have a beer and kill out for a minute, and you and your fridge says we must have your access code to enable face recognition or something like it's reset itself and you're like, honey, what's that? To hell? Man smash it into pieces right there, and to smash it with a hammer. So we're going to have Steve Hilton on a little bit later in the program. If you watch Fox, you know who he is. We've had him on the show many times over the years. He is from Great Britain. Is that where he's from. He's got an English accent. Yeah, indeed, anyway for me, Actually his family was from somewhere else. He was an immigrant to the West and is one of those people who is just so completely in love with Western freedoms that he's one of the best advocates for. But he's ryan for governor in California as a Republican, and they canceled last night's debate. There was gonna be a gubernatorial debate in California last night. USC was putting it on. They canceled. And a couple of bad things happened for Democrats yesterday in that the latest poll came out and had again two Republicans at the top. And the way we do things in California is the top two people in the polls in the primary face off for governor and it doesn't matter if you're from the same party or not. It's a jungle primary. Jackie strip naked and throw pooh at each other. And originally they did that because they thought, what's the point of even having a Republican with no support go against a Democrat the Democrat always winning. Let's have two Democrats fight it out. Well, this time around, he got two Republicans leading in the poll. Fox News's former Fox News host Steve Hilton and Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco are leading the field. She could end up with two Republicans facing off for governor in California. Wouldn't that be crazy? In no Democrats? And then so there's lots of noise being made by the Democratic Party that a whole bunch of these other people get out of my heaf and shot whatever their name is. Katie Porter and some of the other Democrats who don't really have a chance of winning, need to get out so that their vote consolidates around a couple of people, so that they bump up in the polls. And because right now the vote is split among a whole bunch of different Democrats and they're all white, is the problem. So that's why USC canceled the debate last night. Some candidates that weren't going to be on the stage, apparently people of color, complained that it was going to be an all white debate and USC was so, oh my god, that would look so bad for us. We look racist or something. They canceled the debate rather than stick with the rules that you have to have a certain percentage of support in the polling and a certain amount of support in funding, and they put that number together somehow to see if you qualify the debate. We all know from watching presidential debates, if you get too many people up there, it ruins the debate. And you can't just let everybody who says I'll run be on the debate stage and get equal time. It just it's dumb. You gotta you gotta at least Winnow it down to people that have at least some shot of winning to have a decent debate. And that's and so they set a standard. What for whatever reason, only white people qualified through that standard, So they canceled the debate, which makes perfect sense. That's the way you handle that situation. Well, yeah, the the activist Hispanic folks in this case said that the standards that were put together were twisted so that it would be white people, which, of course, well, if you believe it happened in California, good lord, if you believe in disparate impact, it is proof that it's racist. I believe in desparate impact, like I believe in witchcraft. Right, You're right, the USC and California have systemic racism keeping people from succeeding as Hispanics. That's, of course, that's true. I have what twenty five examples easily, I've of Thinn the herd, but of how universities are every bit as bad as they've ever been. The effort to reform them, the finds, the Trump threats, the you know, the withholding funding and all it's you know, it's woken people up and it's made a teeny tiny bit of progress, but oh my god, the inmates absolutely are still running the asylum coast to coast. Anyway, we'll talk to Steve Hilton later in the show. I'm sure he'll have a lot to say about the poll and the canceling the debate. Speaking of bizarre and idiotic beliefs, you have socialism really interesting. I'm scanning the free press here. Starbucks is trying to soft pedal how clearly they are leaving Seattle. They're looking at a whopping quarter million dollars I'm sorry, not a million dollars, a quarter of a million square feet of office space in Nashville, enough for up to two thousand employees. And it's interesting because they're still saying, Oh, we have no plans to leave our Seattle headquarters. We're just shopping for enormous office space in Nashville. Once again, I wish companies would say out loud why they leave California or Seattle or wherever, because then you might get some change. Yeah, and the news comes right after former CEO Howard Schultz, who's still an important part of the chain there, announced he's moving to Miami in what is read as a shot at Washington State's new millionaire tax, which I think is absolutely right. And the other side of that coin, it happens to be The next story they feature is the AP with a shocking report out of Poland, and I think the credit goes to, yes, the always hilarious Nelly bowls, but I'm going to read a little AP dateline is Posna and Poland Poland. A generation ago, Poland ration sugar and flour well at citizens were paid one tenth of what German West Germans earned. Today, the economy of the country is edged past Switzerland to become the world's twentieth largest, with more than one trillion dollars an annual output. It's a historical leap from the post communist ruins of nineteen eighty nine and ninety to European Growth Champion, which economists say has lessons on how to bring prosperity to ordinary people. And Nell He says, wait is it capitalism? Did they just do capitalism back to the ap one of the most important factors was rapidly building a strong institutional framework for business. Yep, it was capitalism. Well, the Democratic Socialists of America's are on Mundani's people are obsessed right now with protecting Cuba's communism. Over in Europe. You have to whatever extent you embrace the free market, you prosper period, and to whatever extent you like old Europe embrace government control and climate utopianism and overregulation. You have stagnation and misery. It's just, oh my lord. Well, plus, communism is evil and it kills you. So not only does it not work as an economic model, but it's not the jazziest way to live your life, which reminds me. Last night we were eating dinner and I told Henry, and I said, I wish Joe were here, because Henry, my son had seen the trailer for the new or Well movie The Animal Farm. Yeah we're talking about a while back. Yeah, my son saw the new Animal Farm trailer and was outraged at the way they look like they have changed the story about how awful communism is to I don't even know what they've changed it into. It's uh, it's capitalism that that is the motivator of the oppression on the animal farm. I'll have to see the movie. The trailer makes it look that way. If they actually did that, I'm going to I will. I will not be able to believe it. That's just again unbelievable. I do have one charitable possibility, and that is in the original book. And this was an example of how communism utterly betrays its vows and principles. The you know, the the pigs and dogs that were in charge of the animal farm ended up working with the capitalists to enhance their own wealth and power, even as they espoused the principle's communism. So there is a quote unquote capitalist element to the story, and it could be for marketing purposes to young audiences, because that's who goes to movies. They really played up the capitalist, the greedy capitalist angle in the trailer that is my most charitable possible interpretation of that trailer. Yeah, well I want to see it before I comment on it, but I thought it was interesting. That's too much time. My son was as outraged as you over the trailer. Wait to go, Henry. But where are the examples of this working? So you got Poland and many, many, many other examples of it. Free market system working very very well. Where are the examples of socialism and communism working? Now? They just didn't do it right for what we know how to do it right? For whatever reason, I did a deep ish dive on Cuba yesterday, got hooked on something and then just couldn't stop reading chat, gpting and watching YouTube videos about Cuba as it's about too Oh, it's because the number of journalists that have gone over to Cuba in the last week or so trying to claim that it's great over there and that the United States is trying to ruin it. Well in useful idiots from like code Pink and Off, I've read a great piece on that these people are so stupid. You know. One of my most important and ridiculous childhood delusions and young adult delusions was that humanity ever learns anything that's just wrong. Well you're coming with the TV okay, correct? Yeah, yeah, and oh I've been so disappointed and frustrated through my life. I just need to accept it. Yeah no, no, no, no, we just did that and it was a horrific disaster. Great, let's do it. Well. I think about that in terms of being a parent, because I heard somebody say years ago, and it was kind of true in my life, a lot a lot of stuff. Your parents told you, your dad told you, You went out and did anyway to like prove them right, and then your kids are gonna do the same things. So it's to a certain extent we all have to learn these lessons on our own and societies as well. Yeah yeah, yeah, but I get that. But as an individual, you learn the lesson generally and internalize it and live a better life for it, having become sadder but wiser. Whereas you know, as the human race, I expected for some reason that the human race would behave more like an individual when it doesn't at all, And you just have to realize that you and that is one of the great failings of the baby boom boomer generation and Gen X, which is to assume that our children cherished what we cherished. In the case of Boomer's consumerism. H that was a joke, but we thought everybody cheered freedom. Understands what oppression is, why you hate it, why liberty is so wonderful, why the free market is the way for poor people to get ahead, why socialism is not only a lie but a miserable failure. And we assume that humanity had learned that lesson. We didn't have to hammer it. You have to hammer it apparently, so hammer it we will. Friends, stay with us. I do want to talk about so our San Francisco Giants baseball team hosting the Yankees tonight to kick off Major League Baseball. But they're going to have computer umpires. If you don't like a call, which is an interesting thing to discuss. Yeah, appeal to the machine. Pretty soon it'll be cyborgs back there, probably huh, shooting lasers out of their eyes, sums around. You go challenge a colleagers, and you a laser eyes or something. Wow, wow, ejected from the game and from life. But some of the stats from having tried this during the preseason for baseball are pretty darn interesting. Using a computer and everything like that. How often people umpires, got the call right or wrong and all that sort of stuff. We got mail bag on the way. I hope you can stick around, ran with quite a statement saying people like us will never negotiate with people like you. Oh so that's where things are interesting. We'll talk about that more an hour two. Stay with us. Excellent. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day. I came across this today from Holman Jenkins, who's a columnists with Wall Street Journal, and he's talking about the war and the possible outcomes and the partisanship and everything. And he said, America is a country that inflicts small disasters on itself, not Stalinist terrors or Maoist famines. It stumbles clumsily from triumph to triumph, A point lost on New York Times columnists outdoing each other in their trite formulations of Trumpean doom. That's pretty good. Yeah, yeah, boy, that's true. Trite formulations of Trumpe and doom. People get tired of reading that. Neil Ferguson, the historian pushing back on the whole taco thing yesterday. That thought was really good. We'll talk about that later too. Excellent. Here's a mailbag for it drops a ope mail bag at Armstrong and Giddy dot com. This zapropos of nothing, but I thought it was interesting, Nate writes. Research indicates when people are forced to make snap judgments under time pressure, they typically choose generosity over selfishness, particularly if they're being observed. Are we being taken advantage of? I go to and he lists a bunch of different stores to survive because I am not naturally not that successful in life due to low IQ. I don't know if that's true today, but what he says, I need all the help I can get live in paycheck to paycheck. That's why I think it's wrong for the clerk deck that we round up for charity. When we make a purchase, they get to claim we raised one hundred million dollars for charity, and they benefit from the positive pr But how about the stoare somedays saying to us, Hey, today your purchase is fifty dollars and seventy two cents. We're gonna round down to fifty dollars. Stores need to go back to being stores and up donation centers that take advantage of our innate goodness between the always donating to a charity, and the always tipping, no matter what transaction just happened, giving me the option to tip. What am I tipping you for? God? Stop? Yeah, I know we just need to say no. Moving along, Deo Rights need Joe's thoughts on this Hamburger's at home from scratch, add breadcrumbs and egg or no, well deal. It won't surprise you to know that I, Joe Getty, lover of liberty, believe in hamburger experimentation, hamburger freedom, try different things. Why not? How bad could it be? It's been a long time since I've made it. But if you like onion, Jack, I know you don't. I make onion burgers where I do a nice thin hockey puck of onion, then I form the burger around it and cook the onion inside the burger and oh spectacular. And season the meat. You've got to season the meat. I never do anything. Oh my tiny little grill. I just put the burgers on their plane, you're almost guy grill, and then put them on the bun and eat it with ketchup.
Speaker 2: Escrat it out there shoeless wearing a torn sweater.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's your spatula on the driveway. I've never thought of putting anything on my hamburger. I should try it. Moving along, let's see what's the carrier. AI are people. Frequent correspondent Pallo rights. AI currently has neither the inclination or the agency to act on a decision to make war or any other decision like use nuclear arms like we were talking about. We do need to take great care that we don't give it that agency. But we have a far more immediate concern. There are plenty of humans around with the agency and inclination to do bad things that they lack. They just lack the means. Think Iran, and then his conclusion is we're going to have AI empowered bad actors long before we have autonomous AI running amuck. We can't let fear of boogeyman AI in hibit us from developing technology that we may need to defend ourselves against those AI empowered bad actors. Bottom line, we need to be very very careful about how we deploy AI and very very aggressive about developing it. I thought that was beautifully put. Got another AI note, but I want to Yah, maybe I'll go ahead and do this. I think all that's going to break down really fast. If ASI ever happens artificial super intelligent, it'll just start doingever once and we'll have no control over it. And then JT and Livermore on Tuesday Show, you had a segment in which AI on AI, in which it was real to AI had learned to change its answers if it was perceived it was being tested, to which Jack asked, White does a care. There's the problem right there. It doesn't care. It is a computer program. If you think of it as you would think of as a human, you're never going to understand what's going on. If you want to get your head wrapped around these AI stories, here's what you need to do. For example, instead of asking why does it care, you could wonder why would the program change its answers based on its belief that it was being tested. When you pair that kind of question with the knowledge that these llmais are basing their answers on all of human digitized information, you're gonna understand what's going on. They gather a bunch of zillions of examples of people avoiding responsibility, lying, etc. They've adapted to human nature. Garbage in, garbage out out. We had a lot more on the way if you miss a segment at the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty