Speaker 1: Do Do Do Do breaking news guys. I know we mentioned it a little bit last week, but we just wanted to reiterate that we are going on tour. We are so excited. Our first dates are coming up really soon. Like we're going to be in San Diego on September fifteenth, We're going to be in Los Angeles on September sixteenth, and then Texas we're coming to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Austin, Dallas, and Houston, Bang bang bang end of September.
Speaker 3: We're really excited. You guys are obsessed with us.
Speaker 2: You've been begging us to come to your towns and we're doing it and I.
Speaker 3: Really can't wait. We have a good time traveling, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, in case you don't know, like because you've all like haven't been able to, I don't know, see any of the little clips of our live show or anything. Like all of our live shows are our episodes that aren't based on true crimes.
Speaker 3: They're like classic episodes. We do, games, we do.
Speaker 1: There's power points, Yeah, there's power point there's clips, all kinds of fun stuff. It's not just like going and watching us sit behind a card table and do the podcast like it's very different experience. And everybody that has brought what we call the drag along a boyfriend, a girlfriend, a best friend, a mom, an aunt that they that doesn't even watch us for you has all They always say they have a great time. So I think it's kind of a show for everyone, even if you're not into SVU or true crime.
Speaker 3: So give it a shop. Come and get get, get your friends out, come and see us.
Speaker 2: Yeah and yeah, we're gonna eat grilled cheeses backstage.
Speaker 3: We'll meet you after. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do love to meet everybody after and take pics and do whatever.
Speaker 3: And we have some special merch.
Speaker 1: That we sell on the road that you can only get at our live shows.
Speaker 3: So come and join us. Go alone, that's another thing.
Speaker 2: I know, well are sometimes scared, but everyone that we've met that's gone along alone had a good time at a friend so we like that. Also, big shout out to Alex Drake, our friend who did make all the art where it looks incredible. So head over to our instagram too. We have a good time there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if you are interested in checking out our tour dates, please go to That's Messed Up Live dot com and check out when we're coming to a city near you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then obviously has to be you breaking news. We have comes to talk about Rollins.
Speaker 1: You know, we do most of our episodes in the time machine, So the episode that's coming out today was not going to talk about Rollins. And we just could not leave you guys hanging. So here we are with a special special reaction.
Speaker 2: So when Kara first sent me the desmois of like a tease of who's it gonna be, we did guess Rollins, but I assumed it was her choice. She's had enough, she wants new endeavors. And then today's desmois is some writing. A person in writing on the writing team Kara sent me is saying that Dick Wolf fired her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that she's getting pushed out.
Speaker 1: To me, well, and who knows, who knows, But she said that the article, the article, the piece of blind gossip, said that she was getting kicked pushed out because she makes too much money. I mean, and that happens all the fucking time. When you get to a certain level, like you have to move up and up and up, when you're on a show for so many years, and when you get to a certain level, they're like well, we we have to pay Marishka this much, we have to pay so and so, you know, so maybe they were just like, we can't pay her this much anymore, which does suck.
Speaker 3: I did want her to leave on her own.
Speaker 1: I will also say I bet you that next season. And I think this might be controversial, and I don't want anyone to come for me. But I don't think you'll notice. I'm sorry, I don't think anyone will notice she's gone.
Speaker 2: Well, they're gonna have to address it in a way because Careesi is dating her and raising his her children.
Speaker 3: You don't know what I mean.
Speaker 1: They're gonna address it. Of course, of course they're gona a dress. I'm just saying, like next year, when you're watching episodes, you're never gonna be like I miss Rollins. I don't think anyone's gonna feel that way. I mean, some people will feel that way, but I think that I think that at this point, like she's almost backed up a little bit more. She's not as big of a character as she was a few seasons ago. I feel as though, and.
Speaker 3: That's not a hate.
Speaker 2: I just want me saying I don't like her to handle it like to me is Cariese gonna be like, ah, my wife's sat home, Like what's gonna happen?
Speaker 3: And this blank gossip said that dick.
Speaker 2: Wolf wanted to just murder her, and Marishka was like, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was interesting because that really says that really says you're never coming back, not even for like a guy and like he hasn't murdered Cabin, he hasn't murdered Novak, Like you know, there's few people that have been murdered to never go out.
Speaker 2: Like a Morrow gets to come back and you're gonna I mean the fact that I'm writing this hard for Rollins, but I'm like pissed at dick Wolf. It sickens me. I'm glad Marishka stood up for her. And one comment on her Instagram said that that she will get a happy ending.
Speaker 1: No, that that's what the I posted that too on our instagram too, that h Julie Martin, one of the executive producers, is like, Rollins is gonna be happy, So she's not going to be a stay at home mom.
Speaker 3: She's not getting killed. In my opinion, those are not happening. She is, her character.
Speaker 1: Is getting prom voted to like head of bronx SVU or something where maybe she can come back for like a coordinated case once in a blue, but she's not. I think they're keeping Careese, so I don't think they're leaving the state. People are like, maybe she's gonna start s few Atlanta.
Speaker 3: I don't think that.
Speaker 1: I think her and Caries you're staying together and she's just going to do something else.
Speaker 2: It's like, what you couldn't give her a hundred thousand extra dollars cut the fresh juices at fucking Crafty, Like I just am like sickened that you would do this to someone. And that's probably what happened to Maloney when he left, you know, that was like a contract thing.
Speaker 1: So well, yeah, and I've seen it happen though where I've seen that happen with writers and producers too, where it's like they're on these shows that like they just get higher and higher in their level and then they're like, we actually just like cannot keep paying you more and more, like you're too expensive.
Speaker 3: You know, it.
Speaker 1: Sucks because they're like I did see I said this to Lisa in a text, like I saw they were bringing on this other actor who I guess is from queen of the South, this woman, and she's like a white woman. And I was like, they got rid of de More Barnes, they got rid of Cat, they're bringing on another white lady. But I guess it makes a little bit more sense if they're getting rid of Rolins, like she's going to be like a replacement for her, But they still could have gone with somebody a little bit more.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But like when I found out about it yesterday, I was happy she's leaving. Maybe she wants to be with her kids and the dot like, maybe she wants to be Tale. Like in my head, I was like, maybe she has another show or she wants to.
Speaker 3: Do moo, like who knows. And now knowing that it.
Speaker 2: Was like not on her terms, really like sours it for me. But hopefully the writers give us some good, good episodes.
Speaker 1: The SVU writers room just started following us on Twitter. Maybe DM them and get some inside scoop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're so active on Twitter anyway. We just wanted to react. I am. I don't say anything I'm saying out of Rollins hate. I like Rawlins.
Speaker 1: She's actually really grown on me. I think she's a good character. I just don't think that she's now that she's in this happy relationship. We don't have the gambling problems. We really don't know the Kim pro problems.
Speaker 3: No, that means Kim won't come back.
Speaker 2: I thought we're going to have a nice Kim by polar events, you know, special events. She's changed, she's better, she's out of jail, she takes care of her child like I also was hoping for a nice ending sort of speak for Kim.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just don't think anyone this time next year or like, you know, next November is going to be like where's rollind Like I think it's It feels to me like a natural close out for her.
Speaker 3: But I agree that I don't like your I don't like long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when you when I first heard it, I was like, oh, she's gonna go to another show, Like maybe she's like, I'm never gonna be Marishka on this show, so maybe I'll just go and try to find something else.
Speaker 3: But who knows. Anyway.
Speaker 1: That is our breaking news update, and now on to today's regularly scheduled episode of the.
Speaker 3: Law and Order Franchises. SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies. These episodes are based on. These are our stories, Dunn.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: It's That's Messed Up? An sv podcast. I'm Lisa and.
Speaker 3: I'm Kara, And every week, you know what we do.
Speaker 1: We talk about an episode of SVU, We talk about the true crimes based on and then we interview a fascinating person and oh, today's a good one.
Speaker 2: I'm it's someone I'm obsessed with. Yeah, we have a great one, but I'm gonna keep it under control of my recap so you can't guess who it is.
Speaker 3: Maybe you will. I don't know. I don't know. It's hard, it's my acting skills.
Speaker 1: We are obviously very deeply into the time machine because when this comes out, I probably am or I I just have to go to Vermont and be in the woods with my family. So so people have sent me this story that sounds like right out of an SVU because it's obviously deeply fucked up and messed up. And did you hear about this? This girl in Alabama was being held captive twelve years old, and she chewed through her restraints and got away and when the when they found her and the cops came to the place. There were two decomposing bodies in the house where she was being kept, one that died by smothering and one that was a juvenile that died by blunt force trauma and was cut into pieces.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, true.
Speaker 1: Crazy, Like let's see. Oh okay, wait, so now they've identified the bodies. It's one was a thirty four year old woman and the other is a boy under fourteen. So this guy has this little girl, though, is like a hero. She chewed through her restraints. They said it broke her braces. Oh my god, she's a survivor. There's gonna be an SVU. I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm like getting full chills, like yeah, even though we researched all this stuff all the time, like the fact that it just happened. Yeah, he just got out And the way you were talking, I thought it was you were going to say. And then the cops found her and didn't believe her and gave her back, like I truly was like.
Speaker 1: No, no, I would not be able to handle a story like that today or any day in the year twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: No, I can't do that.
Speaker 1: But no, she is like a full she she led to this, So it's a mother and son who were found the bodies and then the girl.
Speaker 3: But it also says that the girl.
Speaker 1: I mean, when I originally was reading it, it didn't they wouldn't tell you how she was connected to the guy who took her, but that he wasn't unknown to her. So I don't know if she's if he's like a neighbor or like a creepy guy. But luckily, and he kept her like drugged. It's like horrible, but she got out. She's surrended and they got the guy, right, and they got the guy.
Speaker 3: They got him. He's going to jail.
Speaker 1: He's being charged with kidnapping, two counts of murder, and two counts of corpse abuse, which feels like, let's just get him in for.
Speaker 3: Murder, you know, I mean, I don't know. I mean, yeah, it seems like extra ruh.
Speaker 2: Why is necrophilia because there's no consent? Yeah yeah, what if like you're a creep and a weird relationship and your will you're like, listen, you.
Speaker 3: Can do whatever you want to my body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great question to like, you can donate your body to science, but can you donate your body to sex yeah, like post dead sex worker, and then the money goes to your family or something.
Speaker 3: If you can I don't know, if you can have students poke.
Speaker 1: At it, yes, and then maybe these serial killers could just do that instead of killing people, you know, they could just make arrangements with people.
Speaker 2: But I did, Okay, So I was thinking of Stranger that episode that we covered, you know, with the shamrock tattoo people that are listening, And she couldn't escape because he had a padlock on the door with numbers, and so he was like, if you ever do anything to me, you'll be stuck in here to die because you don't know the number code. And for some reason, I was thinking about that all week and how I would get out. I had no ideas, but I guess chewing, but she had metal.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you'd have to lock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it was the same thing in Search Party when Cola Scola had her downstairs and was like, there's a combo, like if you do something to me, you're chopped down here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But for some reason, with Cola Scola was just a little more fun, a little more fantastical.
Speaker 3: I wasn't as Terry.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: But that is the scariest thing because it's like, yeah, you're not going to get out of here because you can't kill your captor because you have to convince them to let you out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's this long ame. I can't believe she shoots through it. I can't even imagine.
Speaker 3: I know, my little hero.
Speaker 2: I'm glad no one sent it to me and only to you and I could just try out it.
Speaker 1: I've received it from multiple people, and we've received it to the account for our podcast, because I think people are just like, this sounds like an s FU. It's so fucked up. And then are you following what's been going on with Alex Jones.
Speaker 3: Well, I do want to say so my friend Dan Freezing.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've ever met him in Chicago, but he used to do these food brackets that were my favorite thing in the world, and like they kind of like took over the Chicago comedy scene or maybe just my heart, but I love them. But he started in Alex Jones podcast like four or five years ago, right, that's right, you just had him on your pod. Yes, And he was actually brought in by the prosecution to the core for the last trial because he knows so much about Alex Jones and like what listens to all the podcasts and everything that the prosecution used him for info. So like after Alex Jones would say something, they would turn to my friend Dan Freezing and Dan would be like, actually, on this episode he said this and that, and he kind of helped the case.
Speaker 3: And so he studies Alex Jones.
Speaker 2: Very in depthly, like Sandy Hook, parents have reached they are grateful to him and the work that he's done. But he said straight up, Alex Jones is one of the worst human beings ever to live, despicable, lying psychopath, like the worst person ever. And that's someone that really searches him. So that's what I guess. No one is surprised at that. But if you're interested, listen to Dan Friesen talk about his journey. What's his podcast called? Well, it's called wait what. It's a play on Alex Jones's show, what is it? Info Wars? And his knowledge his knowledge fights?
Speaker 1: Oh funny, Yeah, but he was on Enemies if you want just like to meet Dan Friesen. But imagine if somebody became so obsessed with us and was called into one of our trials and was like, well, actually Lisa said that she doesn't. But that's actually that's a superstition from when she was thirteen, so she never would have said that. Actually, what pride would we commit tax? We would have we would It's so funny that somebody knows every catalog of your podcast, like so well that they're being used as like an expert witness against you, Like wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he was there and Alex Jones talks about Dan all the time but won't give him the satisfaction of saying his name. But it's like, I don't know, so they have this like weird cat and mouse vibe, but I don't know. I haven't been paying attention. But I love I love this, like I love people being hung by their own by their pet or whatever, like lying, lying, lying, And then day three be like, we actually have absolute evidence, so yeah, we have your phone, so now perjury.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: It's just like one of the grossest things you could do is like all these kids died and you're just like denying it. Like you know, I have a friend that was at Sandy Hook and it's just like she's traumatized.
Speaker 3: It's very real, Like you are like such a demon.
Speaker 2: That's why I fight with a lot of comics because their whole thing is always like freedom a speech. I'm like, if you have Alex Jones on your podcast and give him a voice, you're a terrible person. You're making a deal with the devil, and you will go down in history as a fucking Nazi. Sorry. Like to me, engaging and giving any platform to him is like so fucked up.
Speaker 1: Well, like somebody posted recently, just yesterday, I saw somebody posted like Rogan being like.
Speaker 3: It's funny, he's entertaining, it's funny, and.
Speaker 1: It's like, it's not funny. He's psychotic spreader of misinformation. But what happened this week parents, Yeah, and this is obviously not current now because we're on the time machine, but everybody's been saying this is so something that like literally having a base law and order level of legal knowledge, you would avoid doing. But his lawyer accidentally sent the entire contents of his cell phone to the opposing counsel to the prosecutor and then he got up. They waited twelve days to even say anything about it, and then just like questioned him on the stand and let him perjure himself, and it's like just so funny, Like everyone's just like wow, the Alex Jones case just blew up, and it's like, I mean, I just love that like such great, Like I love that he probably has enough money to hire I'm sure his lawyers are expensive and they just fucked up so huge, And I hope it. I hope it's so very that it would not even think the SVU writers wouldn't even think of something that's stupid, like it would be outside of reality. For like, also, how do you have all the files of every text to send to the prosecution on accident?
Speaker 3: Like I don't even understand how that happens.
Speaker 2: Like I understand one screenshot, You take a screenshot, you send it to the person, and then you're.
Speaker 3: A little bit of trouble. But like every every.
Speaker 1: Text, every everything in the phone, like it's so every email everything, It's crazy, and but I just like I love to see it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, car you're gonna love this.
Speaker 2: So someone yesterday comes up to me and goes, well, I've heard that I make you uncomfortable and that like you don't like being around me. So and I had said this about this person, so I immediately shut down and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: He goes, yeah, maybe we should talk about it, and then he goes, I'm kidding, but I had talked shit. So I was like, okay, I guess I'm about to like, have you know, a real honest conversation with someone. And then in my head I go, wow, I have no friends. I can't believe my friends betrayed me. Because then he starts saying, well, I've talked to these people. So I'm like, oh, wow, I talked to these people for advice on it, and they straight up betrayed me. Told this person and this person was fully kidding, but.
Speaker 1: He didn't even clock that you were about to, like agree.
Speaker 2: I did become serious in my face and I was like, what did you hear?
Speaker 3: Oh? You know, like what are you?
Speaker 2: And then so later I went to the person that he said, like told information. I was like, oh my god. She goes, he does that all the time. He did that to me recently with this other comic. He just likes to fuck with people like that. She goes, why did you say something? I go, yes, I don't know how to interact with this person. I don't know what to do, so it could have been a real convo. And thank god he said he was kidding before I had to have like.
Speaker 3: A convoy.
Speaker 2: I don't really want to have but loose lips. I mean, when will I learn my lesson? It's like great if.
Speaker 1: You're like a psychotic antagonist, it's a great way to go around and find out you just like come brumpt people and then like see if they say anything, and then go, I'm a.
Speaker 2: Joking, you know, like, yeah, it's kind of it's.
Speaker 3: Completely unhinged, but it's not stupid, and I'll tell you who it is obviously off.
Speaker 1: Oh, I obviously need to start the episode right now so you can immediately tell me. But yeah, let's kick off our episode because I really can't wait to get to This is a This is a great episode that people have been requesting for the entire pandemic because it's very timely, and so here it is and we're excited about it.
Speaker 3: And then our guest is La Chef's Kiss. So stay right where you.
Speaker 2: Are, granting immunity everyone, Super Thrilling, Season sixteen, episode nineteen. We're here, We're twenty fifteen or is it twenty twenty two? We don't know because such a relevant episode and we've heard your requests and we're here. So this episode starts with a song which I couldn't believe they got the rights to. They never have trademark music. They really were trying to be hip and show how hip they were.
Speaker 3: I was shocked.
Speaker 2: It's I Make the Girls Go Bad and it's by Cobra Starship, which I think is popular. It's it's I Make the Good Girls Go Bad by Cobra Starship featuring Layton Mester from Gossip Girl. And I only know this because this song came out and was really big in like the year that I was working at MTV and like cope, I was at the VMAs and Cobra Starship was like performing there and like this song was playing constantly and that's how And I also remember, like the girl part of it is Laton Mester from Gossip Girl.
Speaker 1: So this episode starts with a big song like that. Another episode does that as well. That is in the same season called Agent Provocateur Ajean Provocateur if you're going to pronounce it French, and it's the James Franco episode basically with Patty Lapone and at the beginning of that it's the song let Her Go by Passenger, but it's actually I hate that song and I hate that they opened that. I like hated the whole opening. I've expressed this before. I don't like musical openings. Though this Good Girl's Go Bad one doesn't really bother me as much. This Letter Go One, I hated it, but I just looked it up and it's actually sung by someone else. It's it's a cover, but it is an opening in the same season. They're doing these big musical openings with like a contemporary song, so that's interesting. They usually don't shell out for trademark music. So I was just like, very very shocked. And this was not a cover because when I watched this episode, I put it on subtitles and it said Good Girls Go Bad by Cobra Starship featuring Layton Measter.
Speaker 3: Plays like, that's what it said in my subtitles. Wow.
Speaker 2: So though, so as the song plays, we're doing montage vibes. We're in a rich person's bathroom and they're panning and a teen is showering, okay, and then it pans through the wall and it's Benson's apartment with a closeup of baby Noah looking super super cute, and Benson's letting him know that they'll be going to the doctor today, and then she says, oh, you'll get a lollipop. He's way too young for a lollipop, is he not.
Speaker 3: He's there, he's at his twelve month appointment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no way he's stuck it on a lolly. Okay, maybe a sticker, but okay, so Oscar would eat a sticker. So now it goes to another apartment, rich as hell. There are columns in the apartment, large scale art. There's fruit bowls, a futuristic baby chair with a baby in it, giant windows, a very spacious apartment. And then there's the tea in leaving for school, and he might have a temperature. He's not feeling amazing, but he wants to go to school. He says he's fine, he's coughing, but his dumb dad told him to go to school. So he kisses his baby brother and leaves. And then another scene, the music is blaring over don't forget the music is here blaring that whole time, blaring. And then so we're with Benson at the doctor's office and Noah's playing with the baby that we saw in the futuristic baby seat earlier that got kissed, you know. And now back to the older brother of the baby. The teen is in school now coughing. He's coughing up a storm. Now after coughing into his fists, he's fist pounding. So he's a popular guy and he's fist pounding through the holes. And he has a backpack of alcohol that he's showing his friends. So the teens are now drinking and drugging at another rich person's apartment. But the bongs on the table have such clean water. No one is smoking out of those bongs. Okay, sorry, I finally found a mistake with the prop department.
Speaker 3: Very proud of myself. Dirty that bong. Dirty that bong water. Baby.
Speaker 1: Finally, bong water is one of the most disgusting things in the world. When I was in college, my friends spilled bong water on my bed when I was out of town, and they didn't tell me for months because they were like, we thought you would kill us, and you would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in jail. You'd be having your first parole meeting. I'd be in jail for murder. Yes, yeah, So the party is girls and guys mixed company and they're all having fun. There's some grinding, some hair flipping, and now they're playing suck and blow with cards and the girls start dancing on the tables and taking their tops off, and the boys are taking videos and pictures and the girls are putting fun lipstick colors on their lips and then each girl has her own color of lipstick, and you know, they're just in their bras dancing.
Speaker 3: With multicolored lipsticks. What could go wrong?
Speaker 2: Now it cuts back to school, and so I was confused. I was like, is this another day? The music makes it seem like it's one day. Did they drink on their lunch break? Did they ditch school? Like? I don't understand what's happening. So then the photos are being uploaded to iPads and phones at the school and they're being shared, and the principal catches the boys looking at a phone, asks to see it. Uh oh the credits she saw something bad And it's really exciting. It's going to be a Barba Careesi tomorrow episode Like this is star studded with hunks, and.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to get into it.
Speaker 2: So we're back from the credits and I get my question answered right away with a walk and Talk where Benson tells Caresie and Rollins and a bunch of teens in Tribeca Academy went off campus for lunch and had a rainbow party.
Speaker 3: And Finn is like a rainbow party.
Speaker 2: But I can't believe these kids had enough time to like drink on their lunch break.
Speaker 3: That's really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I drank one time in my life during school, and it was because it was International Day and a few of us had been chosen to display international dances to our classmates, and so we were like, we gotta get drunk to do this, And we went to this girl's house and we all drink vodka, and then we went to school. We were like chewing gums so no one could hear, like smell the vodka. And then we went and did the Macarena in a bunch of different classrooms. Like I didn't have to actually study. I was like doing the macharena all day. It was, But was the Macarena the big cultural dance. It was like the mac Arena like a couple other dances that they that we were like and then this one's from here, and like we did like I think we were just like coming up with like why were you in this club?
Speaker 3: What club is this? No clue?
Speaker 1: Like it was like girls from my Spanish class, We're all like we're doing this, and like it was like a bunch of popular girls. And I was like, yeah, we're all gonna go to your house and drink. I'm gonna do that. You know. It's the only time I ever did anything like that. And I was terrified the whole time. I was like, I'm gonna get caught. I'm gonna get caught. I'm gona get caught.
Speaker 3: But I didn't.
Speaker 2: I would smoke weed before school. I don't think I would drink, but my friend had like a red jeep and we would smoke some weed in there. Yeah, in sixth grade, my friends after school came to my house and we drank vodka, played with my sister's condoms, and smoked capri cigarettes.
Speaker 3: Well that's the thing.
Speaker 1: It's like go home for lunch and then don't go back to school, like cut school. Like I don't really get the like why would you want to like get drunk and go back to school. It's also they're accomplishing a lot for a lunch break. We had twenty two minutes for lunch in school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so so yeah, Finn's rainbow party, and so photos were taken and went viral and things are intense, and so Danny Pino, yeah, I wrote there's a lot of hot dick and we're here for it.
Speaker 3: It's like a sexual episode. Okay.
Speaker 2: So he has no clue what a rainbow party is, but you know who does know, flirt master Amanda Rollins. So the girls put on lipstix of different colors and then they take turns on the guys, and then Careese pipes in to impress, you know, his slut girlfriend Rollins and says, the first guy to get all the colors of the rainbow win. I did not know about these rainbow parties. I know about the bracelets. I never knew about this.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to tell you all about them. So don't worry. I know, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Amanda says, I'm never having kids, jokes on her. So now we're at Trebeca Academy. It's March ninth. It's some Mondays. I mean, these kids are taking shots Monday for lunch. This is wild, This isn't thirsty. Thursday Friday, Yeah, Monday. They are going so wild on a Monday. So we're doing a and talk up the stairs. It's Benson and the principle. The principle has red hair and she doesn't think it's a crime, but it didn't feel right, and Benson's like, you did the right things. So basically, nine kids, their ninth and tenth grader is very young, and the parents are pissed because they spend forty five grand a year for this school, so what the fuck's going on. So it's a big room filled with kids and parents and everyone's having stressed out fights about what happened. Benson and Tomorrow stand with the principal in the middle, who explains that the cops are here to take statements, and the parents start yelling about how these are kids and what the fuck. They're like, SVU, are you kidding me? That's unbelievable, and Benson's like, we get kids, our kids, but we have to make sure no crimes were committed. And the parents are still mad that they were called, and Benson lets them know that they can sit with their kids during the questioning and makes what seems like a foreshadow, but points that no photos should be posted or shared, but we're modern girls, we know it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So and then the questioning relay race begins. So one teen says that they were just gonna have tacos at Savannah's house, and her mom is pushing her to say that she was bullied into it and didn't want to do it, and this teen's like, I'm a fucking slut and I loved it, okay.
Speaker 3: I did not think that there were going to be tacos. I was down.
Speaker 2: And then another teen boy is telling Amorrow in front of his dad that it was the girl's idea to do the lipsticks.
Speaker 3: One girl tells Caries that there's pressure to.
Speaker 2: Do all the guys but not her, no thank you, and she was mostly into Leo, not the other dudes. And then one boy's explaining the cards suck blowgame. And I always love when kids think they invented things, and Kara, we have talked about this before a long time ago, but on TikTok, these girls, these teens were making vodka sodas and like being like, okay, we invented these drinks and you could barely and they thought they invented vodka sodas and I fucking loved it, and so the and then there's a coughing teen and he's here. The coughing teen is back and he's with Benson talking about all the kissing games. And then the mom with the coughing boy looks to Benson and is like, wait, I know you. And they realized that they met at the doctor's office earlier today with their babies. So this is the baby's mom that Noah was playing with and the cough teen. Hopefully you guys can keep track of what's happening, and this teen is actually her step son. The dad is in Moscow on business. And now we're back to tomorrow and the kid who admitted to smoking weed and the dad is like, okay, so we're done. And it's like, na, bitch, your son texted explicit photos.
Speaker 3: That's not okay.
Speaker 2: Finn wants to know more details than the mom is like no, no, no no, and Finn is like, bitch, tell her. So then we're back with cough teen and stepmom and in walks a rich fabulous is hell Missy Pile, the og mom of the boy birth mom who the dad filled in from Moscow, and she is fabulous. So we learn her name is Trudy, and she is basically like, oh, did my son have a dairy reaction? Like she just thinks this is milk related, that the whole less of you. There's a whole lockdown of the school because of a dairy incident, and Benson is like, Hi, Hello, what's happening, and she's like, I'm his mom, and they share custody. She then says how she heard Savannah hosted this, but wants to say that Mia is a present and great mother and I'm sure she did not know about it, and then we hear more coughs. So some parents walk into Benson to apologize for being dicks to her, and Benson's like, we get it, and I'll worries. So the parents assure Benson that they're mad at these children and that they will be punishing them, and Benson's like, sorry, that's not going to stop us. But they're worried that the boys will be arrested, and the dad shouts even though the girls were just as complicit, and the mom is like shut up and goes they're all good kids. So we just want to make sure like this isn't getting blown out of proportion and she goes, nobody was forced to do anything. They're all friends, and Amaro goes, yeah, but there's still technology and age of consent issues and we have to make sure we figure all this out. And if they're posting them, that's a huge problem. And the mom is like, oh, oh fuck, you are charging them, aren't you. And Benson is like, no, need to panic, We're gonna sort it out with the DA. And they're like the DA. And so they're upset, like this this is real. They're shocked, they're rich, they don't get consequences, so they're like having a really hard time comprehending what's up. But also, if their children weren't at Faull and there were explicit photos of their kids being spread, they would want those people confiscated and rest right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's like.
Speaker 2: You, you know, you don't want porn photos of your kids out on the internet, So like, why are you acting so protective of these kids?
Speaker 1: Like I just because these kind of parents are literally just like college college future, how is this going to affect it? Like they don't really care like about you know what I mean, the legalities of it, I don't think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if it was like the janitor that released all these photos.
Speaker 3: I bet they would want his head on a platter. Sure.
Speaker 2: Yes, So now it's corkboard time. We get the photos in the names and Barba's like, oh my god, they weren't a ten million dollar apartment alone, and he's in what I can see as a peach colored dress shirt and Careese is filling him in and says that they were having an oral sex competition. And so to me, I'm like, okay, but everyone is underage, they're all consenting, and there are no crimes, so they're going out of their way to prosecute, you know what I mean, Like they are there must be a girl in an alley or getting raped at Hudson University, like they have other things on the docket.
Speaker 3: So it is confusing. It's not realistic.
Speaker 2: I think how hard they're pushing this in any capacity.
Speaker 3: It's like they're just a bunch of teens like blowing each other.
Speaker 2: So he needs to know how there's not like a Dane Cook in the middle of it, all right, it's just the kids, So he needs to know how explicit they get. And then he goes on the laptop and is like, oh, okay, this is dirty.
Speaker 3: And it has gone viral.
Speaker 2: Barbara says that we got to get them off the internet, and Rollin's is like, sure, but how do we do that?
Speaker 3: It's the internet.
Speaker 2: He says, contact trace and take all the kid's phones, and Creasy goes very much about it and is like, hello, freedom of speech or like civil rights or secrecy, privacy, whatever munch would say. Cariese's taking that role on Karasy plays it really thick this episode, or lays it on thick, like he wants to be really funny in this episode.
Speaker 3: He has a few little bankers because.
Speaker 2: I know we were talking about like with Munch in Finn Gone, there's like like there's less comedy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they tried to make Careesy a comedy king, but I don't know. So Barba says, we got to protect these kids from pedophiles on the internet honing in on them, and Rollin's is like, okay, you want to explain it to these parents, and he's like, no, pe fun I'm wearing suspenders and I'm staying right here. So he's acting smug. Rollins gives him a dirty look and we cut to a giant like yonder bag situation. So there's like tables of cops and they're collecting all the tea and cell phones and this looks insane, like they're spending this much money and this much manpower getting cell phones to see who's spread the like photos that were taken essentially by all your.
Speaker 1: What I was thinking too, Like I agree with you, Like, realistically they wouldn't be this pressed, But when you say it's gone viral, then like these kind of stories spin out that are like, well, and the city's doing nothing to stop these horny rich kids from like you know, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: So sometimes it feels like.
Speaker 1: They get pressure from one PP because of something going viral or something being like in the press.
Speaker 2: So well, that actually just hit me too, where it's like, if these parents are concerned about college, you don't think pornographic photos are gonna fuck with your college.
Speaker 1: That fucking follows you forever. Google is forever bitch. Google is forever bitch.
Speaker 2: And I agree with Kara, it is good to take like these photos off of porn sites if they are on them, But this is just so much seems like yeah, and now Trudy walks in Missy Pyle or Queen and I'm sure you guys know her, Dodgeball. She's just like a character actress. I'm obsessed with her. She's so funny. She was in a lot of sketches on Inside Amy Schumer, so love to see her. So So Trudy walks in and she's there for her son, and she is so horny for tomorrow, and she goes, Honey, I'm happily uncoupled, and I would love to see things go further with these too, but Tomorrow just keeps it straight business. And she realizes she has been rejected and is like okay, and decides to take it out on the principal, who is standing with Benson in an outfit we'll call like none in training chic. And Trudy is like, I find this very invasive, Hannah, And she's like, I'm sure you don't want your son's sexually explicit photos going viral on the internet, do you? And she's like, well, shouldn't it be my decision if I let my son's explicit photos free for pedophiles to use?
Speaker 3: That's me.
Speaker 2: That's not a line, she said, but right, like what, yeah, sure, it's your decision. What are you so you're deciding?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like it's foreshadowing, right, so much foreshadowing. Benson shuts her down and says, not if it involved child pornography charges, it's not up to you, bitch, And I'm sure the principle that was so regretting calling the cops, like she just made the biggest mistake of her fucking life.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So then Trudy says to Benson, it must be stressful to spend so much time in such a dark world, all patronizing and shit, and Hannah then talks shit about her the moment she walks away and is like, oh, she has a lifestyle website where she reviews holistic shit and she's the queen Bee of the Tribeca moms. And Benson is like, yeah, there's one in every hive. I did babysit one rich family in Tribeca.
Speaker 3: Like such a nice fucking place.
Speaker 2: So then the mom, this other mom and the kids went on a play date and both of them had nannies. So it was like I was on a playdate, Like we were all on playdates. I had a nanny playdate. There were kid playdates, and then the moms and it's like, these are too many adults for two kids. Yeah, and we would just sit in these like giant Tribeca apartments while the mom's hung out, and it was it's too much.
Speaker 1: I know, I was a New York City babysitter. It's it can get wild up there. But they're clearly trying to make this woman Gwyneth Paltrow right.
Speaker 3: And I just put it together that when she says.
Speaker 1: I'm happily young, coupled that, that's like a Gwyneth Paltrow phrase.
Speaker 3: I like, did it? Yeah, realize, I just put that together.
Speaker 2: Then Ring Ring Benson gets a phone call and it's the doctor with something about Noah. So we know it can't be good. So we're back at the doctor and he was exposed to measles by another patient in the waiting room, and Benson's like, oh my god, was it that baby? I know, the older brother. He's in a case right now at the school. And the doctor obviously can't confirm nor deny hello doctor patient confidentiality.
Speaker 3: But she's like, what now, what now he.
Speaker 2: Already has respiratory issues, Like now, baby Noah has fucking measles, And she goes, I know this is hard, but you have to quarantine him. No exposure to any other kids for eight days, and Benson is so stressed out, but you know she's gonna do whatever it takes to keep her baby safe. Finn and Tomorrow bring boxes of files to Benson's house and we hear Noah crying in the background, and Lucy, of course, is there chained to the crib working. Now, Benson starts gossiping and is like the measleshit may have come from Tribeca Academy student, and Tomorrow was like, ugh, don't get me started. Zara's school in la is ground zero for anti vaxers. And Benson's hair is super cute, hasn't top floey, and I'm just like obsessed with her.
Speaker 3: Her makeup is super light and I like her so much.
Speaker 2: And Tomorrow is picking his son up and is gonna get some vaccines scoop because now he's all hyped up, and it's like, I don't even know if my son that I just got reunited with is even vaxed, like I got a see.
Speaker 3: So Amorro goes.
Speaker 2: To pick up his kid, Gail gil get something like that, and they hug and he offers his daddy some potato chips and he's like, nah, I'm good, I'm staying tight.
Speaker 1: I'm about to be He just found out about when the kid was like ten, right, Like this is like yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fresh reuniting. And then there's a big bomb drop. The son and mom are moving to San Diego in July because she's worried about the gangs. And he's really sad because he's like, but I'll never see you again, and tomorrow's upset. He can't believe this is happening to him again, Like you know, Zara's already on the West West coast. Now another kid's gonna go to California. But this is all setting up for him to get the fuck out of our lives. Okay, So then I think he's killed enough teens or does he kill one more? I forgot, I forgot what other crime he commits. But Amorro tells his son, don't worry, You'll see me no matter what, and it's all gonna be fine. And they walk off, and now we're back at Barbara's and there's some frantic instrumental music. Barba tells Rollin's and Creasy this is an unmitigated disaster. So Rollin said that Taru used photos and reversed image searched and the picture on kittie porton sites and red chan, and Barbara is like, what the fuck we told the kids not to upload and caresee says my mom calls it teen Acidy, I liked it, I like ponded it.
Speaker 3: I liked it. Cresey's mom has some spunk.
Speaker 2: So but they can't track it to any of the phones they have in custody. And seven phones are missing from like the class list. So seven phones are missing, and it's mostly for parents that believe it's against the kid's civil rights. So then Barbara's like, okay, we have to get warns for the seven missing phones. And Ronind's was like, yeah, you fucking idiot, that's why we're here. You think we're just chatting with you. So now Rollin's and cares who are sitting down with the principal as she's saying, like, I get this is serious, but some of these parents aren't being deliberate assholes, like a lot of kids are sick yesterday and not in school, And Caresy guesses and goes, oh, are they home with the measles? And she says that she can't say anything that that's confidential, but they let the CDC know everything and are following any policies that are at play. Rollins says, okay, but how about Larry Heller, the other tenth grader? Is he homesick too, and the principal is like, no, no, but his mom's a lawyer. So his mom's name is Arlene Heller, and Cariese is like.
Speaker 3: He's walked.
Speaker 2: Briggs is widow's attorney and is kind of a live wire. Do you remember who's Walster Briggs? I'm thinking is that the Marcia Cross episode? Yes, Charmaine Briggs.
Speaker 1: Yep, you're right, the Casey Casum episode We gotta do this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Casey, case Casey Caseum so, and it's Susie s Man Curb Your Enthusiasm, Broad City Comedy Legend, SVU Icon defense attorney.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed with Susie Esmond. I have met her once.
Speaker 2: She would never remember so obsessed, I would say, a hero of ours. So she's like, okay, let's get this over with. My son is a dork. He wasn't at the party. He's on the chest team. Look at him. He's an idiot, and so they point to him and he's on his glasses, like he has glasses with his dorks. She goes, what is this nineteen eighty four and whatever. So then the detectives ask Larry for the phone.
Speaker 3: And he's like, I can't.
Speaker 2: I lost it, and so the mom starts yelling at him, like you fucking idiot, you lost another phone, and it's like, lady, he's lying, Okay, he didn't lose his phone, And the detectives are obviously hip on it, and so they remind them that they have warrants for the locker. He size and opens it and Creasy calls the number and it starts rigging, and Susie goes, God, you're dumber than your father, you know that. So of course they were going to find it, dude. So now we're at me and Savannah's loft and the moms are lunching.
Speaker 3: We hear Queen Bee Trudy.
Speaker 2: Say like, ugh, instead of sending alarmis emails about measles, maybe they should re examine their off campus lunch policy. But I feel like she would be someone that was for the lunch policy because she wants her kids to like come home for lunch or something like.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that she's against Yeah, and like my sister teaches that an elementary school, and I.
Speaker 1: Think the fifth graders are allowed to go out for lunch, so like in high school, you're definitely not gonna be able to keep kids in New York City from going to get lunch during lunch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're too cool for school. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the moms are having wines and a lot of greens on their plate. And there's like a woman with a tight back ponytail, and she is from the parental montage from earlier.
Speaker 3: And then there's a bond.
Speaker 2: There's like a bouncy brunette Monica Lewinsky haircut, and she's wearing a shirt that looks like those white and blue print china plates.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I'm talking about? Oh? Like twall? Are you talking about twall? Don't fucking use words I don't know.
Speaker 1: Hold on t no, you look up twall tilt pattern. Yeah, I have a blue I have a tube. Okay, you'll love this. Still in my closet, I won't get rid of it. I have a dress I wore in college to like some of my graduation stuff. That is twall tube dress from Shoshana, the woman who dated Jerry Seinfeld when she was seventeen. I have a Shoshana Twell dress.
Speaker 2: Okay, and that hopefully will go to Rosie one day. Yeah, so twall, it's twall print on the top. White wine is pouring and Trudy's shoulders are showing.
Speaker 3: Knock knock. Who is it?
Speaker 2: It's the detectives and they gotta buzz them up. Ponytail Mom is not having it, and she's like, haven't they pried into our children's lives enough? And Trety says, we're responsible parents. They don't have to act like the Cia and Bouncy Hair Mom answers the door and is like, can I help you? And Rollin's asked why her daughter wasn't in school today. We have a warrant for her cell phone and the mom goes, nope, she deleted the photos and she's homesick, resting, so leave us the fuck alone, and Cariese's like, yeah, the fucking measles, isn't it, And she's pissed that the school would tell them, but she's just dumb. They never said anything and don't say anything to cops. They lie. So because she let that go, Rolind's goes, oh, so she does, and she goes, just wait here, I'll get her phone, and she storms off into this giant apartment, and then Finn and Tomorrow are at Benson's apartment to let her know that the videos have ended up on porn sites. Can we stop it from spreading? What a dumb question. You've been in SVU for fifteen years. Porn Profin is like, girl, you know, once it's up, it's up. And Amoro stands up for legit porn sites. So we have taken it down. So that's exciting. But the videos are viral. It is what it is. And if this was Watch what Happens Live, the drinking game word of the day.
Speaker 3: Would be viral and he would all be wasted, out of minds.
Speaker 2: But also, they're not gonna arrest these rich white teens. Finn brings up and everyone knows that that's true. And I do love Olivia's hair. It's half up, half down with a sweet bang. And she's just like a mom of a sick kid, you know, she's just like focused on her child right now, but trying to.
Speaker 3: Juggle it all.
Speaker 2: And so she starts talking about Noah and she's like, oh, yeah, he has a fever.
Speaker 3: Like this all sucks.
Speaker 2: And then they start talking about this measle party outbreak and Benson's like, well, no, that makes no sense. They must be vaccinated, right and Tomorrow shrugs his little sexy shoulders. And then at that moment, Lucy runs in with an emergency and Noah's having problems breathing. He's turning blue nine one one. They're running it's stressful where we have to go to the hospital. They have to stabilize her baby. She's so scared, she's stressed, she's crying, such a good actress, trying to breathe. Amorrow is walking in with coffees to the hospital to support his friend and boss, and Benson fills Tomorrow and that baby boy. Noah's on oxygen right now, and she's like, you don't have to stay, and he's like, all wait till Finn comes in, like don't worry, and Benson runs to the doc who comes in and goes, listen, Noah is stabilized, but he has spots in his mouth, which are the first sign of measles.
Speaker 3: So what happens next?
Speaker 2: She yes, basically he's gonna have a rash all over his body and they have to keep him here under observation, and we're gonna see what happens. And she puts on like a cap and gown to visit her little baby and Cariese is acting so unsexy and annoying. No wonder Amanda did not want to fuck him for so long. So we're back at the precinct and he's like, my forehead hurts.
Speaker 3: Is it hot?
Speaker 2: Am I sick? And it's like, no, you're not fucking sick. And she starts talking with him like, oh, I see a spot. Wait another spot, there's another one, and he's like it's not funny. And he starts talking about how dangerous measles are and she's like, your vac shut up. I don't care, and she has a Taru update to shut him up from spiraling. It's Larry Heller and his phone serial number is embedded in all the photos and he is the one that spread the photos to the portent sites. And they're gonna pass this off to Barbara as a professional courtesy, you know, lawyer to lawyer. So Rollins is getting back to him from earlier having to talk to all those parents. And now we see Susie Esmond yelling at Barbara.
Speaker 3: She goes, my son is a screw up.
Speaker 2: He's not a pornographer, and it's like, that's what you want to think, but he is a pornographer, so shut up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why did he upload them? Why did he upload them?
Speaker 1: Sad you didn't get invited, so you're just gonna like put them all over the internet.
Speaker 2: Barbara goes, dissemination baby, and this worries her since those charges as an automatic like sex Registry for Life. Rollins reminds her that photos were also geotagged, which puts people in extra danger, and Susie goes, you know what puts kids in extra danger? Partying while they have the measles. That's fucking serious. And they're all not vaccinated. They all lied about it and their kids are not vaxed. So even though Barba says, like the spread of measles isn't a crime, she says, these hippie dippy moms are fucking criminals and they're lying bitches. And he goes proof and she's like, hello, yeah, there's a New York mandate that you have to be vaxed to go to school, and their kids are at the school. How they colludeed to get around the mandate and Barba is taken aback, like WHOA really colluding? And she's like, yeah, why don't you worry about the measles not a lipstick porn witch hunt? Funny, I bet you, I bet that's Susie. That's that's our queen. And he's like, we don't want to put your son on the registry. But he doesn't just get a free pass. She says, he's sixteen and online stickos are using him, and so she suggests how about he cooperates and helps them get to the bigger sickos and Barbara goes, but he also has to testify, and she says if need be, so we're done here and we will be in touch and we're off to the races. So he's going to become like a pedophile internet hunter to get the charges dropped, and then Barbara's gonna go on a measle brigade. So once she leaves, Barbara says, to rollin, she called our bluff. But I don't get that.
Speaker 3: Do you. Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think they were like they probably didn't have enough to like get Larry, but like or no, wait.
Speaker 2: They did that A had the serial numbers on the photos there bad. She called our bluff. Oh maybe there weren't. And I don't know. I just didn't get what bluff it was. So if anyone knows, holler. So he says, she called her bluff and that measles misdirect offense is the best defense, and then she fills him in about the measles chain that led to Noah being in the hospital. Rollin says this could be reckless and dangerment and Barba says, great, go find out if it is. And so now we're back at Tribeca Academy with an empty lunch room, walk and talk and it's Finn an Amaro and the principal and the school is now closed for a week. And Finn is like, hello, vaccines, and she says, yeah, I know. Every health form has been checked and there are only two exemptions and both were allergy related. And they ask about religious or personal reasons, and she goes, nope, we do not allow that at this institution. He wants to dig through the forms anyway, So they be digging, and they're digging and they're all signed by doctors, and all the infected kids, however, have the same address on their doctor vaccine forms, and so she gets a text and another two measle cases are confirmed and all of them are going to the same doctor.
Speaker 3: That's not good.
Speaker 2: And Benson is being filled in via cell phone call while she's in the hospital of all this, and she keeps wearing white peasant tops throughout this whole episode, and I want, no, she's not pregnant here. I wonder what why peasant tops this.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, it's like lives Casual, where is always a peasant top?
Speaker 3: I feel like our next photo shoot. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, now Benson's pissed and is like, the CDC needs to know, and now we got to go talk to that doctor. And speaking of doctors, Noah's doctor now marches on in and Noah's fighting a respiratory infection now too, And before she goes back to tend to Noah, Benson asks her, Hey, do you know about this doctor? And she asks the name of the doctor, and Noah's doctor says he's old school. Not a lot of meds are tests, and Benson shakes her head in disgust. But he is a popular doctor, so dundun, We're gonna go visit him. Hudson Park Pediatrics. Let's fucking go March twelfth. He says, yeah, ye, I've heard about this, but how is this a police matter? Well, sir, funny, you should ask nine of the kids at the school who got me.
Speaker 3: Those got their vaccines here.
Speaker 2: So now, the doctor is played by a man named David Marglees who did die in twenty sixteen Rest in Peace, but he is the mayor and Ghostbusters.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, yeah, that's huge.
Speaker 2: He's a long career Brighton Beach Memoirs, Dressed to Kill the Sopranos.
Speaker 3: I totally recognize him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been on the Mothership and then Ellie. He played el E Yzell in the maid Off mini series and he's been in an ace Ventura, so kind of a big deal. Yeah, which is cool and lovely career. And he plays this like hippie dippy doctor and I can't believe he was in Ghostbusters. He has a receding hairline but then a long, long ponytail in the back and I just like, don't think doctors should have ponytails.
Speaker 3: But whatever.
Speaker 2: But it's also like, this is our man put him on trial. He's definitely lying on paperwork for sure. He's like, fuck authority man. So he promises to get them the paperwork that they're looking for, but he has a room of patients and he's busy and he's gotta go. So now Winter where Buddies, Caresie and Rowlins are walking outside and are like, he's lying and stonewalling us, and he is not to be trusted. That fugly skank bitch. That's a mean girl's reference. So now they start again talking to the mothers, and they're at Savannah's mom's house where the party was, and the measles are at everything in the wine and the kitchen and the lunch and the wood cabinets that we're here and ground zero, and she assures them that kids are vaxed, but everyone knows they're not completely effective, and Cariese says, that's funny, that's just what this ponytail doctor said. And she's taken aback, like, what the fuck you spoke to a pediatrician? What gives you the right? And Abanda breaks it down to the lady. All the measles come from his office, so we think he's falsifying records.
Speaker 3: Do you know anything about that?
Speaker 2: And in walks this teen girl and she has measles galore all over her face and then the violins start playing, and this teen doesn't understand, like this measle thing is important yet, and so she goes, look, we were just having fun. That loser Larry ruined it for everyone. And then she goes Rollin says, you need to tell us what's going on, and she doesn't. So they threaten the mom and say that they will have the DA look back on your daughter's child porn case or start talking ho and so she breathes deep and she starts to spill, you don't understand. She was just a baby, and it was all these chemicals and the threat of autism, and you know she tried to get a religious exemption and she couldn't. And so he goes, so then you went to that doctor to falsify the records, and she goes, it wasn't my idea, and he goes, whose was it.
Speaker 3: We know whose it was.
Speaker 2: It's Trudy Honey, Queen Bee Angel, Missy Pile, Trudy malcom So, Ben and Cinna Barbar at her house. Now they're talking vaccines and she's like, the risks are more harmful than the benefits, okay, and she too can get exemptions since those were lies and she goes, yeah, like this doctor also believes that parents should have the right to decide what's best for their children. And Barbara pushes her and says, so you convinced other parents to go to him to skirt the law. She says, the law is unjust and I'm protecting my child and you don't even know how many moms thank me for what I'm doing. And Benson's like, doing so, you're still steering parents to the doctor, So we're gonna need their names, and she says, hell fucking no. And she says, fuck the AMA, fuck the CDC, fuck the Board of Health and Education. Their villains go after them. And she says, no, bitch, you're encouraging other parents and endangering the health of every child in the city. And Trudy then goes, oh, this is personal, right because your son became ill. Now you're coming after me. And Barba says, this has nothing to do with Noah. This has to do with you proudly and loudly breaking the law and this is public endangerment and we will stop you. And she's smileless since she's never had to face the consequence in her life, and she's just like, bring it. Bitch, it's already been brought in. Okay, so now we're in court.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 2: The charges are conspiracy, reckless endangerment and falsifying business records in the second degree.
Speaker 3: How do you plead?
Speaker 2: The judge acts and she says, I'm only pleading to doing what's best for my son, and the lawyer goes your honor.
Speaker 3: She pleads not guilty. And then this attorney is Varma.
Speaker 2: He's played and so I went on as IMDb to like see who this man was, and it said most well known from being the third security guard in entrapment and it's like, that is not what he's best known for. He's had two hundred and seventy one episodes on a BBC show called Holy City and it's a doctor show, and so it's like, I couldn't believe they said he's best known for third security Guard. So rude, but yeah, he's a British dude. I think a lot of BBC things. And he's been in four episodes as Sunil Varma and there is an ro r request because she's a good girl and her son is sick and Barba's like, yeah, he's sick because of you. The judge's like, whatever, go home, I don't really care, and then asks if the doctor and his lawyer also share the same views, and the attorney asks to approach the bench. So the doctor's attorney and Barba approach and he's like, my client would like to separate himself from Joan of arc back there, Elo, this is a funny one. And he's super close to retirement and is willing to plead guilty for reckless endangerment. In the second if Barba takes prison off the table, and Barba's like, why so, then he could just move his ass to Florida, and he goes, listen, we need names of all the patients he falsified records for, forfeits his license, and agrees to testify against Miss Malco, and the lawyer thinks for maybe two seconds, it says, I'm sure that won't be a problem.
Speaker 3: So we're done. Deal, deal. The doctor's done and happy retirement.
Speaker 1: And Trudy had earlier been like we're in this together with the doctor, and the Doctor's like, bye, bitch, okay.
Speaker 2: So Barbara speeds from court into the hallway and Cariese and Susie Esmond are there to chit chat a little bit he says that actually, Larry is such a good CI and has uncovered six pedophiles on the hook ready to exchange stuff, and Taru's going to get in on it, and we're good with this. So that's really exciting that six pedophiles will be arrested. And she says she's relieved, and does he have any updates on typhoid Trudy or or other anti vaxer moms, And Barba's like, actually, you're a good CI. Two And Trudy got caught and she's being her rain and Susie says, you're welcome, and they all run away from her as fast as they can. Now it's Supreme Court, Part thirteen and Barbara is standing court and doctor Rudnick's on the stand. Oh my god, that little killer psycho and he's talking about measles and the outbreak and basically the school is patient zero. And then like one kid got it because they went on a trip to the Pacific Palis, which is here around Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: It's like a rich area.
Speaker 2: If you watch the show Transparent, that's where it was all set. You can go look at those houses. And then they all so one kid went to the Palisades. Then they all spread from there and now there's forty eight cases and all are unvexed people. And then the soprano's sister is the judge in this episode, and Varma's going in on him without even standing up, sitting down. Questioning is kind of a power movement. It is sexy. And also the other moms are very much legally blonde friends. They're like supporting in the stands. It's really cute. And so he starts asking promes the lines of questioning like how many people are fucked by vaccines? And Carl's like, I don't know, leave me alone. What percentage of kids get side effects? He goes, I don't know, I don't know whatever. So basically he goes, those side effects happen to one in a million kids, and he goes, sure, but tell that to a parent whose child is experiencing them. And Trudy looks evil and power hungry and happy with her attorney's performance. And we hear Benson's voice and now she's on the stand and she's talking about Noah and her baby and how Noah got sick because of the Tribeca spread. But the defense objects and it's sustains, so we got to switch it up. And now it's like, you know, the tearjerker story of how Noah is having a really really hard time in the hospital and he's still in the ICU with measles and pneumonia and it's really sad. The lawyer is respectful and stands up and says, I'm sorry your son is sick, but admit it. That's the reason your department is pursuing this case. And she gets super business Benson, focusing on Trude. She led a coordinated effort to hide unimmunized students in New York City schools.
Speaker 3: That is child endangerment.
Speaker 2: But he hits back, Yeah, but you decided that after your child got sick, which I don't know how that matters, but like, good play, honestly. And now he hits below the belt and says, your son, I mean your foster son.
Speaker 3: What the fuck? What does that mean? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Fuck pants to Rollin's and Careesy and they're listening very you know, in depthly and basically he's going after her because Noah's shots were delayed because of his compromised immune system. And his point is, if you had the option to wait for your son's shots. Shouldn't other parents have the option to opt their kids out? And she's been got Everyone knows that, Barbara, like everyone knows that that is a good line of questioning. Trudy is a great actress, Missy Pile's amazing. And she it's like her face isn't cocky, it's not looking down on her. I don't know how to describe it, but her lay her feelings are layered and not clear, but stern and confident. It's like wild, like I just really love her acting here and Benson is stammering down the hallway on her cell phone saying, I'm not panicking, I'm coming down. So Truty stops from Benson's like, no, I'm not interested in this, and Trudy says, your son will get through this and he will never get measles again and he will be stronger. And it's like, Okay, where did you get your degree? Like how are you so confident about this? And Benson says, don't even go there with me. Right now, my son is in the hospital, and she overshares and says something about antibiotics, and Trudy starts internet quoting how antibiotics are bad and blames his poor immune system on the antibiotics, like anything to fit this bitch's narrative, and she says, you may want to think about that, and Benson turns around and goes, you may want to think about shutting your mouth.
Speaker 3: My son has pneumonia because of you.
Speaker 2: And Barbara runs in to ask if she's doing okay, and she goes, no, if his fever doesn't go down, that he's going to need a spinal tap, and then she stares at Trudy as the elevator doors shut back in court, and Trudy's on the stand acting toxic nice, like too nice, and she is just spouting anti vactionhit Her nephew, Branden is eighteen, but around his first birthday he got all these vaccines and then regressed into autism and how do you know that that's linked? And she says, a few days after his MMR vaccination he changed. He was a bright, lively, engaged boy, and said only he wasn't and everyone saw the light disappear from his eyes. And her son was born a year later, and she swore that she would never do that to her son. And the attorney says, so you're in the spirit of saving children, and you know he's good, and he sits down, and now it's Barba's turn, and did you know that the Institute for Medicine and CDC have said there's no link between vaccines and autism? And she says she does not trust any of them in big forma and she quotes the theory that Barbara quickly responds that has been refuted and that the ingredient she keeps talking about has not been put in vaccine since two thousand and one. And she's like, I know every fucking argument you all throw at us anti vaxers to make us seem crazy, and we're not. I'm not anti science, I'm not anti vaccine. I just think it should be a choice made by families, not by bureacrats. So then Barbara's gonna use what she says against her, and it's like get him okay. So he's like, okay, so bureaucrats like the Board of Education and she says yes. So he goes, well this, you know schools you're not allowed to bring weapons. Do you like that? And she goes yes, and then Barbara asks, likes you also agree that like kids shouldn't be able to take peanuts and peanut butter to school because one kid's allergic to peanuts, and she goes, yes, of course, she says, of course, and it's like, you should have lied.
Speaker 3: Did you not see this coming?
Speaker 2: And Barba says, if a mom wanted to make a peanut butter sandwich for her kid, you would deny her that choice, right, And she says yes, but denying a kid a peanut butter sandwich causes no harm. But vaccines are harmful, and Barba says, sure, but not to medical science, so your opinion doesn't even matter. And he says, but not vaccinating does cause harm all over the city. The last count as fifty five hundred people were exposed. And she says, my child, my right, my decision. But you didn't just make a decision for your son, You made it for everyone. You endangered everyone else. And what gives you the right to take away their choice? And again her face looks different and pissed but also dead in the eyes, and it's like, are you on pills?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but she loves nature, so she probably.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't be on pills, Like, I don't know if the willness girls pop.
Speaker 1: Up, yeah, I don't know if the Willness girls fuck with like the pills.
Speaker 2: We're back at the coffee area at the precinct and recently someone tweeted at us that she is obsessed. You know, I love when they take out she's obsessed anytime they make coffee, and someone makes coffee on the show. So we all love to like find our little moments and cling to them. So shout out to the girl that tweeted. I don't think I responded, but you're in my heart and brain. I'm thinking about you. So we're at the coffee area. Tomorrow tells Rollins no spinal tap for now, so that's very good news for a little baby Noah. He then opens up about Gil and the mom do going to Cali and he wants to be a part of his life and you know he's a father and I'm trying whatever. They're having a moment, so Tomorrow goes, I'm just trying to make everything work and it's so hard, like doesn't anything get easier, And then Rollins goes, not what I've heard, it's gonna get worse, and it's like Amen's sister and Cariese says sorry to interrupt, and they in unison monotone go you're not in her and he's like, okay, cool, Jerry's back, so let's see what's up. Not guilty on endangerment charges. I'm shocked, but she is found guilty on reckless and dangermint and in second degree whatever that means.
Speaker 3: But at least we got something.
Speaker 2: Benson is still in the hospital and Amorrow and Finn arrive behind her to chat, and Trudy is getting three months in jail and nine months probation. And I know that's not that much, but for like a rich, spoiled bitch like that, Like I bet three months in prison is really going to do a number on her and not I don't mean to be Craig and like let's get her raped. I'm just saying in general, like people telling you what to like, you come from power, and now you will have hopefully no power, no power, yeah, and probably be people will want to fuck. Well, maybe she'll have power because she'll have a big commissary. She can buy every own cups of noodles. Like she'll just be like throwing cups of noodles like Trump did the paper towels and Puerto Ricos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you imagine the food this woman is.
Speaker 1: Gonna have to eat after like probably having a macrobiotic diet or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that, but the worst is over with Noah and they'll be home in a day or two, so that's really good. And then she goes to stare at her baby lovingly and that's a nice ending to this wild kind of fun episode. I mean there's no rape, which is exciting. Yeah, that rarely happens. You know, child pornographers are like put in jail, but we don't need to see the children that are being damn.
Speaker 3: It's just like, this is a fun episode.
Speaker 1: Fun aha, like straight up fun, and I've got some more fun crimes to tell you about as soon as we come back.
Speaker 2: Well, sub is also so dark that it's like a baby is in the hospital about to get a spinal tap and we're like, what a pleasant episode honestly, but yes, we'll be back.
Speaker 3: So let's get into it. This is a couple.
Speaker 1: This is a few different things. So I wanted to first talk about rainbow parties. So apparently thank you fill me in, yes, babe. So apparently these rainbow parties a sex party where you know, the girls got the different colors of lipstick and blow. All the guys were first introduced as a concept on OPRAH in two thousand and three. Okay, and the story started with surprise a Christian. This Christian pediatrician named Meg Meeker had written a book in two thousand and two called Epidemic colon How teen Sex is Killing Our Kids and talked about how all these problems in life, like cancer being sterile infections, unwanted pregnancies, they're all a result of starting sexual activity too early. So she goes on and talks about it in two thousand and three. Most people are like, these are not real. These parties are not real. This is like an urban legend. And then in two thousand and five, this guy named Paul Reditis wrote a book called Rainbow Party, which nobody really read, but it like got the conservatives freaked out and talking, and just in the end, there was no evidence that these parties were actually happening. It was a full urban legend and part of a moral panic which suburbs love to get involved in.
Speaker 2: So I'm shocked you didn't mention the satanic panic in this moment.
Speaker 3: Well, it's coming up later, So then that leads us to.
Speaker 2: Quick I'm pissed I wanted more Rainbow Party knowledge.
Speaker 1: I know, there's just like no info because it's like they're not real, Okay. So this is also based on a nineteen ninety six syphilis outbreak that happened in Rockdale County, Georgia.
Speaker 3: And in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Six, there was this big outbreak of syphilis among a bunch of teens in and around Conyers, Georgia, which is the suburb of Atlanta. And in the end, two hundred kids were believed to have been infected with this STI. And there was this huge frontline documentary called The Lost Children of Rockdale County and the documentary basically on earthed this whole world of these teens in this sort of like affluent suburb where these kids were living a world that their parents knew nothing about, drugs, sex, rock and roll, right.
Speaker 3: So it started with Cynthia Noel.
Speaker 1: A nurse at a county hospital, discovered the outbreak and then they traced it back to this one girl who had numerous sexual partners. But then the outbreak happened because all the teens in this area were extremely promiscuous. Like in that documentary they talk about group sex, multiple partners, girls getting quote unquote passed around. And this really shocks people because some people in this group were as young as twelve and thirteen. It's kind of like the movie Kids came out around this time and everybody.
Speaker 3: Was like so shocked around, like what goes on with kids?
Speaker 2: Like when they're I mean, if you're not fucked up watching kids, you need professional intervention, like you have it like that is one of the that movie haunted me to this day.
Speaker 1: But I think that in Kids, those kids live in New York City and everyone's like, yeah, New York City kids grow up faster, they're.
Speaker 3: Gonna be like that.
Speaker 1: With this kind of thing. People are shocked because they're like, oh, but we're good parents and these are good kids, and we live in the suburbs.
Speaker 3: And it's very true, like the Trudy Malco of it all.
Speaker 2: You know, well, well, and this is opposite for me because city kids are busy, there's a lot to do.
Speaker 3: They're running around.
Speaker 2: Suburbs is where people cause problems, yes, because.
Speaker 1: Wishing with their time. Yeah, they're just like, what are we going to do? Might as well suck and fuck right suck.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the teens are not taking this seriously at all.
Speaker 3: And the parents are like totally blindsided.
Speaker 1: A lot of them are busy and they're not really part of their kids' lives that much. I mean they are, but they assume that their teens are kind of like self governing at this point.
Speaker 3: So by April of nineteen.
Speaker 1: Ninety six, the syphilist outbreak is under control, but then the larger issue of these kids like wilding out is just beginning to be discussed. So in nineteen ninety seven, the county Health Department calls a town meeting. The parents like could not believe this was all going down without them knowing. Everyone's looking for excuses, but the and the parents just like couldn't really accept that it was about quote, their lack of communication with their children and that this is from the description of the front Line, and they were in total denial. And then the issues of like just stopped there, like there was no other talk about it. And then I just thought it was kind of interesting to add that in nineteen ninety nine, like two years later, one month after Columbine, there was a school shooting at that high school where a lot of this went down while Frontline was still doing all of their interviews with these kids. And the shooter ended up just wounding six people and thankfully nobody died. But he was like apparently just upset over a breakup with his girlfriend and was like, by all accounts, just an ordinary T shirt.
Speaker 3: And so the shooting is a mystery. But it's like, this just seems like a.
Speaker 1: Town where like the blinders are on about the kids, Like they don't understand what the kids are doing, they don't understand what's driving or motivating the kids, like, and this didn't this outbreak of the Syphilist didn't even really feel like it taught them anything. So then the third thing that this episode is based on is like the anti vax movement in general. And then around this time of that, when this episode came out in twenty fifteen twenty fourteen fifteen, there had been another big measles outbreak. So this episode obviously tackles the anti vax movement than the outbreaks of essentially eradicated diseases that have come roaring back to life because of this movement and has been fueled by a lot of misinformation from the very beginning of time. So I just wanted to give a little bit more info. So this episode came out April of twenty fifteen, and in twenty fourteen there was a outbreak at Disneyland right here in sunny Los Angeles. And measles is like kind of what we thought COVID was back in March of twenty twenty, Like, it's extremely extremely contagious. It can live on surfaces, it can live in the air in a room for up to two hours, so someone with measles walks out of the room like you know you're getting it. And we thought ten day quarantine was bad. You can get measles for up to twenty one days from exposure, so it's like a much longer like incubation period or of possible incubation period. So before the measles vaccine became widely administered in nineteen sixty three, about three to four million Americans got measles every year, about of which four hundred to five hundred people died from it.
Speaker 3: So in a country of millions and.
Speaker 1: Millions of people the way that the US is, that doesn't sound like huge numbers, but still, why would four hundred and five hundred kids have to die for something that's now there's a vaccine for So the measles vaccine is called MMR and it stands for Measles Moms and Rubella and kids do not get it until they are twelve months old. I guess I thought that Noah was twelve months, but he may be on a delayed schedule because of his immunal compromise that he's probably you know, fifteen to eighteen months or something. So these outbreaks are very scary if you have a kid, like I remember when I had Rosie and I was like, oh, wow, she could get measles from somebody in the next year. Like the other vaccines you get sort of quickly, and MMR is one they have to wait until they're one. So it's like, oh, geez, I really hope that she doesn't get measles, you know. And that's like these kids, like Noah's age or younger, they have no protection. And in twenty fourteen, the Disneyland outbreak was attributed in part to children who had not been vaccinated, and it grew to about one hundred fifty cases across seven other states in addition to California, and then Mexico and Canada as well. Because it's fucking Disneyland, everyone's coming there. And then they're taking it around, taking the measles around and spread it out. So it took four months before health officials declared an end to the outbreak at Disneyland. In twenty fifteen, states like California, and I would wager in New York because of the way they talk about it in this episode, started to require school children receive vaccinations and less medical reasons required them not to do so, so that put an end to the personal and religious reason loophole. Like you used to be able to say, Oh, I have a religious or a personal reason why I can't do this, and that like put an end to that. So that law caused the number of people applying for exceptions to triple, which is crazy. So more and more people applied for exceptions just knowing that the religious exceptions were no longer accepted. And in twenty nineteen, California started to crack down on bogus medical exemptions authorized by quote unquote unscrupulous doctors.
Speaker 3: This is what the New York Times says.
Speaker 1: And then beginning on January first, parents seeking and a medical exemption for their child would need approval by the state Health department, so you could no longer go to a Trudy Malco, cuckoo doctor who would just give you this exemption and do stuff in a shady way. Now you have to go through the state health department. So a little bit about the history of the anti vax movement. I think that the anti vax movement feels very two thousands, like it started at the beginning of this of the two thousands. But vaccines started with smallpox in the eighteen hundreds and ever since then there have.
Speaker 3: Been anti vax people.
Speaker 1: In the seventies, there was a lot of uproar over the DTP shot, the diphtheria, tetanus and protestis vaccine, which is also known as like the whooping cough vaccine or like your tetna shot, and that was a huge thing. People thought that was injurious to people as well. And then in the late nineties is when MMR stepped into the spotlight and that was like the big deal with MMR became the big evil vaccine. And that's what we're talking about in this episode. So in nineteen ninety eight, a discredited British doctor a since discredited. He wasn't at the time, but he has been now British doctor named Andrew Wakefield wrote a paper suggesting that there was a relationship between bal disease, autism, and the MMR vaccine, and autism is now referred to as autism spectrum disorder. So I will talk about it as ASD for the remainder of this episode, just so everyone is clear. So his paper was published in a prestigious medical journal called The Landset, and in it he claimed to have identified a novel form of entero colitis linked to ASD, but other researchers could not replicate his findings. He's the only person that said that this happened in his research. So six years after this comes out two thousand and four, a Sunday Times reporter named Brian Deere discovers that Wakefield, Oh what a surprise, has a financial interest in this bullshit because he stood to make the forty three million dollars selling testing kits. So this is literally, my god, Yeah, this is literally what anti vax people think Fauci is doing. Like he's making up COVID so that he can make money off of like COVID tests. Like that's what people they're like. When you see Vicky Gunbolson on Real Ultimate Girls Trip, Real Housewives and she goes follow the money.
Speaker 3: It's like, you're psychotic.
Speaker 1: This eighty year old man who's worked for the CDC is not pulling a fifty year long con on us and trying to sell tests for money. What's he gonna He's doctor faucis so old. What's he doing with that fucking money?
Speaker 3: Anyway? It's crazy.
Speaker 2: So this guy wakes for so ut sometimes old people they found that Emmett. The Emmett tellwoman, Oh sure, I'm just saying, like they got to just start a medical scam in twenty twenty when you're as old as doctor Fauci is kind of nuts and respected, decades long, respected career. Yeah, what does he need money for? I'm sure he invested well, I'm sure he has a summer home and paid for his grandkids college.
Speaker 1: And it's right wing people that are the ones that suddenly invested in PPE when they heard about COVID before everyone else, you know, when they knew what was coming.
Speaker 2: And that blonde bitch that Brent Sulivan says you look like like yeh and her husband that invested in Zoom.
Speaker 3: Leffler, Yes, cal I think Kelly Leffler in Georgia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crazy like they're the one anyway, asks So most of Wakefield's co authors on the paper withdrew their support of the study the.
Speaker 2: GI it's not bigger news. I'm like shook right now. Oh, I didn't know money was connected in this. I didn't know money scammarted.
Speaker 1: His research is fully bogused, and this is the main paper that kicked it off. Okay, and the General Medical Council, which is called the GMC, started looking into misconduct about Wakefield, Okay, in twenty ten after it sounds like this, you know, the article came out four and not un till twenty ten did they rule. But I guess it took six years to figure out what this guy had been up to. They ruled that he had acted quote dishonestly and irresponsibly end quote in doing his research. So, first of all, Wakefield is a gastro entrologist at the time. He does this research that has nothing to do with this brand of like you know, of autism or this branch of medicine. So he's putting these kids through shits like spinal taps, like the kids that he's testing, spinal taps, all this stuff, and he is not qualified for that. He also to get blood samples, paid children at his son's birthday parties five pounds for blood samples, so random little kids are just like yo, cool dad alert. We got five p at this guy at this kid's party because his dad wanted our blood. So he's fully a snake oil salesman who just saw a place where he could start a.
Speaker 3: Panic and make money.
Speaker 1: And he lost his license to practice medicine in the UK, and the landset formally retracted the paper, but it was like trying to put toothpaste back into the tube. At this point, the media had already glommed onto the panic and hysteria about vaccines and ASD. And when he left the UK, he obviously went to Austin, Texas, and he actually dated Al McPherson for two years, but they are no longer an item. Crazy And meanwhile, like, so that's who started all this and that's actually this man is connected to Jenny McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Hot.
Speaker 3: No, okay, I mean he's not gross.
Speaker 1: But like I think he's gross because of what he's done. But meanwhile, the CDC clearly states that vaccines do not cause ASC Research studies have been conducted to assess the safety of the MMR mix vaccine, and they have found no link between that vaccine and AST. One vaccine ingredient that has been studied specifically is thimerosol, and I believe this is what Barba is talking about when he says that this chemical has not been in vaccine since like two thousand and one. Thimerasol is a mercury based preservative he used to prevent germs like bacteria or fung guy from contaminating multi dose vials of vaccines. In two thousand and four, a review said that quote the evidence favors rejection of a causal relationship between thimerosol containing vaccines and autism. So not only does it does it say this doesn't cause this, Like the paper is basically like it's it's almost positive that it doesn't. I'm not articulating myself correctly, but this is like medical stuff that I'm not super well versed in. And so this obviously we have to talk about Jenny McCarthy if we're going to talk about how ASD became a huge end vaccine and the anti BAXI movement became huge in the US.
Speaker 3: She's a huge leader of it.
Speaker 1: Somehow we still allow her to be like on the View and be a judge on the mask Singer and call her an activist on Wikipedia when I think she's really just instrumental for driving a lot of misinformation about vaccines. So in May two thousand and seven, McCarthy announced that her son Evan, had been diagnosed with autism in two thousand and five. At first he had had seizures, but the seizures improved after they were treated, and so some experts have said this sounds more like landau Kleffner syndrome, which is apparently often misdiagnosed as autism, but Jennie McCarthy denies that there's been a misdiagnosis. So later that year she wrote a book called Louder Than Words, A Mother's Journey and Healing Autism, And then in two thousand and eight she appeared on Larry King on a special dedicated to the subject of autism and argued that vaccines can trigger autism.
Speaker 3: That was her argument and.
Speaker 1: Guests who wrote the forward of her book, Andrew Wakefield, disgraced quack and she tried to defend him publicly and saying that everything that has been alleged about him is just really the brainchild of Brian Deere, the Sunday Times journalist who found his financial connection. And it's like he lost his license in the UK, Like he was thoroughly investigated and lost his license. Like and you're still trying to say this is just a journalist slinging mud about him. It's like, no, a full medical board has said you may not help people anymore.
Speaker 2: And who are you, bitch, Like you're a reality TV show? Start what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: And she apparently says over and over again, I am not against vaccines. Everyone thinks I'm anti vax I'm not against vaccines. So she says, my stance is quote that parents are in charge, space it out, slow it down, and do your homework. But I am not at all against vaccines. And even though it's like she went on Larry King and talked about how this vaccine causes autism and like, and she's like, no one listens to me, No one ever listens to what I say. Like everyone's always thought I've been anti vax I've always been pro vaccine. I'm just pro ask questions and do research. And it's like ninety five percent of kindergarteners are vaccinated, like the research is in bitch, like it's crazy. But a lot of her critics blame her for these huge outbreaks that happened in the two thousands, and so you know, I have more information, I'll put I'll have more information. Like there's a great New York Times article talking about how the anti vax movement has obviously been juiced by the COVID epidemic and like, you know, people being scared to get the COVID shot, and because the shot came to market so quickly, people not understanding that we've been making vaccines for two hundred years and that this is not dangerous, and they're like it has already started a trend of people who previously vaccinated their kids now no longer doing it. So it's it's juicing the anti vax movement a little bit. But there's a lot of information in this article that'll be linked in our show notes, and that's essentially a little bit about the history of it all. But you know, in states like California and states like New York, you have to be fully vaccinated to attend public school. So like, I have a friend who's a comedian and her sister is anti vax and she's like, but they live in a farm in the middle of California and they homeschool them. And I'm like, okay, fine, you want to live where you don't touch anybody else, you don't go near anyone else, Like okay, I guess, like that's fine, but you're not allowed to, like live in New York City, You're not allowed to go to Disneyland. You're not allowed to participate in the rest of society if you're unwilling to like, you know, be part of the herd immunity with us. In my opinion, Fuck, dude, we're gonna get maybe some I hope we don't get any Twitter bullshit for this.
Speaker 2: They can bullshit all they want. We have the forty three million dollars smoking gun.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding? I didn't know that. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: And I don't know what this guy now is like kind of like, you know, quote unquote activist. He probably makes money speaking and shit for anti vax groups, but he does not practice medicine anymore. And his paper has been fully rescinded and there has not been a paper since. Like, if it's true, how has another doctor not found it. How has another doctor not found it?
Speaker 2: Well, that's also the basis of just like science research, right, Yeah, the results have to be able to be duplicated. Yes, exactly, it is what it is. I don't make the science rules. Yeah, but you got to do pick and listen. My mom is a pediatrician. I've spoken to her about vaccines at length. She will not allow anyone in her practice who is anti vax because of what happened to like Noah Benson. She can't have kids like giving each other measles in the waiting room. But she's perfectly fine with parents who want to space things out. She's like, if it makes you feel more comfortable and you want to space things out, fine, She's told me, I don't really think it does that much, but if that's for your peace of mind, great, But she's kicked people out of her practice that have been anti vax, and she's like, I can't just can't have you, So space it out if you want, if that makes you feel better, but it's really not. In the words of George Costanza, we're living in a society.
Speaker 3: Yes, And wow, what a perfect way to end it. Thank you God.
Speaker 1: You had hours of Seinfeld then let it permeate your brain while you're sleeping.
Speaker 2: And now the most perfect guest of all time.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, our guest this week. Oh my gosh, we were We could not believe we got her. A character actor legend, we woulda Cara. Would we do this episode without getting We wouldn't do this episode.
Speaker 3: We were waiting on this episode. People.
Speaker 1: People asked for this episode, the whole pandemic, and we were like, we're just waiting on one person. We finally got through, and you guys will recognize her from so many movies Galaxy Quest, Dodgeball, Tim Burton's Charlie and The Chalk Factory, Gone Girl, but she's also recently start in the show's Another Period and Dirty John. And today you know her as the queen Bee of NYC Baby Trudy Malco. Please check out our interview with the hilarious Missy Pile. Oh my gosh, we like screamed when you agreed to Yeah, we couldn't believe it.
Speaker 4: So exciting. I can't believe it either. I can't even believe you're doing this podcast. Obviously, this is SVU. We love SVU, but you're iconic you're like in so many movies.
Speaker 3: You're such a star.
Speaker 2: What do people on the streets like, What is the most you're recognized for out and about in the world.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, it used to be The Parent Trap, which I wasn't in. That was that happens to me a lot. But it kind of depends, you know, I don't know, Galaxy Quest, Charlie, Chalk Factory, Dodgeball.
Speaker 3: But how does any to recognize you from Dodgeball? All right? You don't look like that at all, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's hard to say, but yeah, I did where I had a unibrow and Dodgeball.
Speaker 2: And did you audition for Dodgeball looking silly?
Speaker 3: Or did you go as yourself? That's a funny question. I had just seen.
Speaker 4: I had just been in the movie Fifty First Dates, and there's a woman that I can't remember her name, but she she is in the movie, and she would wore these braids on top of her head. And she's worked with Adam Sandler's character like that. I don't know, did they work.
Speaker 3: It like a yeah? Yeah? And I love I just thought she was so funny.
Speaker 4: And then when I got the script for this and the idea was this character initially maybe had been a robot and like they would you look at her from her legs up and she was like hot and sexy, and then you saw her face and we're like ah. So that was kind of the idea. And then when it was like that, then I thought, oh, I know what to do with that. So I made I put my boobs up, you know. I taped my boobs up and wore push up bra I put braids on the top of my head, and I drew in brows and didn't wear any makeup, but I did wear bright red lipsticks.
Speaker 3: I thought she's trying.
Speaker 4: And I was like, and I let and I went, and I was in my car driving there.
Speaker 3: I was like, I really hope.
Speaker 4: I don't have to go to like a building where I have to sign in or park and hand my ticket to the valet.
Speaker 3: I didn't have to do any that. Fortunately. It was like in a it was an audition.
Speaker 4: It was like an office building that was just you know, you park and you climb up some stairs and you go to the second floor. And I walked in and there was like a person and they just looked at me and they're like, oh, my God, and I was like, I know, and then I sat down and then I was grateful that I didn't have to see anybody anybody else and you got it, and they got the kind of your interpretation of the character. Yeah, we had several hair and makeup tests, but they initially tried to just like add individual brows, but they could never make them big enough, so then we just ended up with like huge Oh what's his name?
Speaker 3: He was also in bringing down the House, Eugene Jean leav Brad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then we just shove those on and I had bad teeth on the top and the bottom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they we're really hard to talk with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a whole look like I can't believe you get recognized. Like I was looking at your IMDb and I was like, oh my god, that's her because I think of you as this beautiful not a crazy dodgeball face.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I look like on the inside of my head.
Speaker 4: So you know, I'm always I feel when I get parts like that to audition for, I always feel more comfortable because I'm like, oh, I can really go for it. But if I have to play like a pretty woman who's not in a comic situation or not an asshole or you know. Even my my role from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is literally like my my friend sent me this meme which is just my face going like this, and it says, can I speak?
Speaker 3: Can I speak to the manager?
Speaker 4: And I thought, I'm the face of a generation, the Karen movement.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Oh my god, so perfect.
Speaker 2: While we were searching your AMDB two thousand and four, you're like in all the You're like a comedy queen along King Polly fifty pay States, Anchorman, Dodgeball. So was there a time in your career where like, oh, I've made it, this is it, I'm gonna do this?
Speaker 3: Was that the year that was it? It was like and I.
Speaker 4: Remember, It's funny because yeah, I totally peaked.
Speaker 3: I did a movie.
Speaker 4: I did a movie called Harold and Kumar Escape from Guntadamo Bay, and I had just had like a really there are a couple I mean I could tell you more about just like when things kind of like stopped happening or what I was. I was at the original table read for Bridesmaids, which Annie Momolo and Kristen Wig, who wrote it, We're like, oh my God, we wrote this part with you in mine and this is the part that Rosebyurne ended up playing. But this was well before they filed. This was two years prior, and we did the table reading. Then when and Jed Apto's them when it was over, they were like, they're not ready to do this movie. I don't even know if it's going to be made. And then like a couple of years or they were like, we're making it. But then I had to audition for another care and I ended up getting the part and I was and end up being like the greatest female comedy.
Speaker 3: Of all time.
Speaker 4: And you just kind of just say, well, you know that was somebody else that was fucking Rose Burns part. I guess I'm not I'm not well a little better, but you know, where does that get me? In the valley next to the freeway. But other than that, that's great.
Speaker 2: Did you always know you'd be doing so much comedy? Like? Is that where how you started doing stuff? Or were you going to be a serious.
Speaker 4: I loved comedy even back in high school, you know, I liked being I did a lot of plays and then I went to drama school.
Speaker 3: But what I loved about comedy.
Speaker 4: Was the instant response you could get from the audience, and it felt that sort of mathematical in my brain.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, if I if I go this way, they can look.
Speaker 4: The audience guides you, and so it's like, oh, this isn't it's a little bit like stand up too or whatever. You just I did that for a while too. It was just you can feel the wave of the people that you're with. Whereas drama for me, and I'm also really tall. I'm like six feet tall in any shoe. And when I came out of drama school, like I auditioned for you know, oh my God, Party of Five.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you were even alive at that point, but every they hired every woman in New York. I was living in New York time, and I was just too tall. I was too tall for everything.
Speaker 4: And then when I was in college, I dated this guy who had like an all male sketch group, and I then when I got out of school, I was like, I'm going to have an all female sketch group.
Speaker 3: So I started this sketch group with some friends called Bitch is Funny.
Speaker 4: And then I just loved you know, and I was a little angry, like my dad was kind of massa us, you know, he was a little bit like I just was like, fuck it, women are funny. Sorry, and so I was just I was angry about it, and so I really went for it. And then I just I would if a character was a little off, bas are a little weird.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, I can do that.
Speaker 4: But normal characters with you know, normal pain, feel like feel vulnerability. It was very hard for me. But now I have a child. I think you have a child. Do you both have children?
Speaker 3: Have I have two kids? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And it's they just really bring you to a screeching halt of your vulnerable all the time, and you know, your depth is like of their you know, feelings, feelings.
Speaker 1: I saw you tweeted recently parenting is hard, and I was like, thank you, thank.
Speaker 3: You for the tweet, thank you. That's it.
Speaker 4: And now I do a lot more drama because uh and and finding enough SVU is one of the first drama, like really big drama parts that I got intallic serial television because I feel like I've been too tall. But initially Bonnie Somerville was supposed to play that part. Who's another actress and I guess she got something else, and so they called me. I think we had the same manager at the time. We no longer do, and I ended up doing that part in SVU, which I loved because she was also a little weird.
Speaker 3: I mean she was off base. Yes, yeah, so let's talk about it like I mean, crazily.
Speaker 1: This is from set, like this episode from seven years ago, five years before a pandemic started, but more relevant than ever.
Speaker 3: I mean, like.
Speaker 1: People were writing us like the whole time we've been doing this podcast, like do this do this episode? We were like we're waiting for Missy Pile to say yes, hold on, and so now here we are And so did did you know going in that your character was kind of like a Jenny McCarthy meets Gwyneth Paltrow type of person, Like.
Speaker 4: Yes, she's a she's an anti vaxer, and she's very you know, she's very uh what's the word. I can't remember words anymore because my child but rich, thank you, she's rich.
Speaker 1: But it's like couch it's anti VACX, like couched in a wellness thing.
Speaker 4: It's all about like, yeah, I mean it's like I my sister, I think I remember one of the lines was like my sister like like within a year, like we saw the light leave his eyes after he got this vaccination.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then that's why he has autism.
Speaker 1: And that was always the rhetoric was always that exact phrase. It was always like one day the light was there. In the next day the lights was like I've read so much about it, and it's always like you watch the light go out, like that's just that's the light the work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and yeah, she has My character had like an older son or had a son with someone who then remarried and had a younger child that was in the same class as Detective Benson's chiding.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I had my.
Speaker 4: Kid who wasn't vaccine had gotten the measles, I guess, and gave it to Yeah, gave it to everybody because he wasn't vaccinated.
Speaker 1: Well not only that, but your character sort of is the Queen Bee, like she's sort of this like she convinced all these other women not to vaccinate their kids and in kahoots with a pediatrician aspirat.
Speaker 3: What do we know?
Speaker 1: Did you base this on anyone like specific when you were I mean, I love creating Trudy.
Speaker 3: I love that. Oh is that her name? I have forgotten. Her name was Trudy, Trudy Trudy malcho Well.
Speaker 4: I also, I you know it is it is loosely based on Gwyneth Paltrow.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 4: I used to be in love with Gwyneth Paltrow and I still like, I'm still admire her for what she does. But it's just, you know, she's talking about like I have one alcoholic beverage a week, sorry to be so.
Speaker 3: Boring, and this is what I'm going to try. And I'm like, who the fuck does that?
Speaker 2: Who She's a liar, She's not getting drunk. There's no way.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: And like the day after, like you know, like the whole Scotus thing with rov Way being overturned, I was in my room going like, holy shit, what are we going to do?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we need to no one buy anything again. We're just you know, I was trying to figure out, like what are we going to do?
Speaker 4: And I get like my Goop newsletter the next day and it's like these three hundred and seventy five dollars shorts are going to make you so happy, and I'm like, it's just it's like that culture, like it's just let me still sell my all of my you know, wellness to fight things anyway.
Speaker 2: So well, I'm curious about those kinds of people where it's like, are you fully delusional and apart from the real world or is this strategic and you know that you're being out of control? Like that's what I can't balance, Like do you know you're being out of control or not?
Speaker 4: Like with her stuff, what makes me kind of grossed out is that every single thing she sells is multi hundreds of dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm like, who, why are you doing that?
Speaker 4: Like we should be like helping people and instead of like selling hawking our five hundred dollar trousers, like I can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're telling me there's nothing that's going to bring me joy or wellness that's in the forty.
Speaker 3: Nine ninety nine right now, I mean, right, you.
Speaker 4: Got to find something or nineteen ninety nine, you know, yeah, Like this one is six hundred dollars and has you know, baby free with the purchase?
Speaker 1: Do you get anything free with the five hundred dollars trousers?
Speaker 4: I mean, let's your debt and you're crushing, crushing, self loathing, I guess, but.
Speaker 3: If I feel good for a minute, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, I get Yeah, I mean the idea that like these expensive pants are going to make you feel good while your rights are being systematically stripped away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what was so astounding to me.
Speaker 4: It's like, well, here have some linen pants and when you have your back alley abortion hopefully get a dark color.
Speaker 3: So yeah, perfect for a protest. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I actually was just reading BuzzFeed lists of like rich people being out of touch and poor people just being like sharing their experiences, and it's a lot of just like just move, just go somewhere. It's just like they don't understand the constraints other people's lives have they just yeah, yeah, did you get a lot of LA I'm sure do you experience these types of people in LA at school?
Speaker 3: Back? Yeah, I mean I I do. I go to my daughter does go to a private school at the moment. Uh, I haven't.
Speaker 4: My daughter's adopted from birth, and like you know, her biological mother has never been on an airplane, she's never seen the ocean, like you know. It's just like there's a lot of people in different situations. It is interesting this idea of like move to another state, yeah, or grab you know, hop on a plane or even a bus somewhere, ask your dad for money.
Speaker 3: It's like, right, you don't know how people live.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone who is does not have to someone who does not have to borrow money from their dad is Trudy Malco.
Speaker 3: Bringing it back. I was about to keep going, Well, I just I like, I thought you did a really good.
Speaker 1: Job, like of making her like so exactly these people, like these anti vax people that you you actually didn't even make her seem that insane, Like she seemed almost like when she was on the stand, just calmly stating her point of view. I was like, wow, I disagree, but you're not like a total nut job like you. It was you did a good job of not making her like a cartoon character. And because I think it's easy to do that with a lot of these characters.
Speaker 3: Here's the other thing. I mean.
Speaker 4: So I just found out I was adopting my daughter, and Marishika, like you know, it was so sweet and like sent me some clothes with her name on it, and she had just adopted a little girl.
Speaker 3: A while but before then, and we.
Speaker 4: Talked a little bit about that, and when we were talking and we were you know, she was like, listen, I mean vaccines are obviously, they're important, and you I mean there I can't remember.
Speaker 3: I don't want tout words in her mouth, but she was like.
Speaker 4: This is a there is always a little fear about shoving a vaccine and a child's body. It's it's a little scary. You know, there's I mean, I'm gonna do it, but you know there's there's like you know, She's like, you know, I have I still have a few of my own questions, and I think I think that there are for me.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like I had to sign something like I will vaccinate my child. They wouldn't give it. They wouldn't give me.
Speaker 4: The child without me doing that. Yes, she didn't come out of my she hadn't come out of my uterus, which she reminds me everything.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not really but anyway, but it's just an interesting thing.
Speaker 4: So I think that you can kind of like everybody has, first of all, like every issue that we're like, this is, how do you feel about it? Like we're all different and we all have our own experiences and everybody has little pieces of feelings about things that you can't really say anything one way or the other without you know, have to have this opinion or this opinion, which is so stupid because we all are so complex and we we should be able to talk about little, you know, things that we think about and without being you know, canceled or whatever.
Speaker 3: You know. That's kind of the world we live in right now. And what I like about this particular woman.
Speaker 4: Is that she is she does believe everything she's saying is true. And that's these people they don't. There's no they are so sure. And so certain people have these exact you know, people in my family have are you know, I come from Texas, and there's a lot of people who just are like so angry about it, like really believe that it is a People in my own family believe that, you know, it's a government. Like I had a cousin of she's actually my half sister's cousin.
Speaker 3: She was like, it's killing me here.
Speaker 4: Like I got vaccinated and my husband came up to my arm with a metal detector and was looking for like the microchip. She's like, are you fucking kidding me? And I just she's like, I am getting myself back and my children are getting vaccinated. And we had this huge fight about it, and I'm like, I'm she's got she had both of her kids do actually have autism, and so she was just like, no, fucking wham, they're getting vaccinated.
Speaker 3: I don't care what you say. But you know, it's just like there.
Speaker 4: She was like, I can't tell anybody but you because you're a fucking call me liberal from California. But you know, she's like, I don't I don't know what's going on out here. It's insane. You can't have it. They it's like out here you can you can't can't have a different opinion, and out there you can't have a different opinion. So there's like no room to just be a person who says I like this and I don't like this, and this is how I feel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, confusing.
Speaker 1: Was it fun to play like this sort of bitchy Queen Bee character?
Speaker 3: I love Listen.
Speaker 4: I love playing these characters because I am kind of boring. I'm a I'm not super boring, but I feel like I'm afraid to, you know, really offend, Like I'm afraid of conflict. I don't like upsetting people, so when I get to be someone who has a very strong opinion and tells people to go fuck themselves, but you know, in a nice way. I feel like there's a part of me that I am able to like finally sigh a relief the bullshit I've been carrying around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it's.
Speaker 1: Really funny because in character like this kind of character, and I feel like some other characters I've seen you play like you do seem like this Queen Bee sort of like with all the hair and maker, but then like you know, just talking to you now, you're just like you don't seem that way.
Speaker 3: So you're a good actress. But I know these people and they're real. They're real.
Speaker 4: I have a lot of the characters that I play are based on a few people from my life who I sit with, and I just am like the way that they talk to me.
Speaker 3: I was just making a face where I'm like, oh my god, I okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: You know, you're just like okay, and they tell you their stuff in a way and you.
Speaker 3: Just and it's real. But it's so crazy and that's fascinating to me.
Speaker 2: Also, sbu it's usually like the down and dirty lie like and this was so high, the wardrobe, the apartment. So I'm wondering the you know, if you have any scoop about.
Speaker 4: Well as an actor, you know I have. I have done so many parts. I played so many parts and so many different things.
Speaker 3: I come in.
Speaker 4: This is even a bigger part than I play a lot. And sometimes I come in for a day. I was there for two weeks. They put me up, and I wanted to say I was in like a was that a trum tower?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was in this room where it was gorgeous. And this is just before my daughter was once, so I was single. I was in New York City. I would hit a button and all the curtains would go, you know, and my fitting was just a fancy clothes like sometimes you'll go somewhere there like please bring your wardrobe from your home, you know, and or you know, the craft service is like, you know, a bag of chips, like off brand chips like that you wouldn't even want to eat, and like a pickle and a bag is all that's left at four o'clock and.
Speaker 3: You're like, well, okay, I guess like the pickle in the bag.
Speaker 4: This show is very very you know, it's very nice and fancy clothes. I was wearing Green Goop wardrobe. I mean she would be she's yeah, every shirt I had. I also like to look at the tags and maybe like these pants were eight hundred dollars and I'm like sure, yeah, okay, yeah, I could just steal them, and I for for not twenty years, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I never bought a bra or panties because I would just take.
Speaker 4: They would just be like, you know, I mean, they don't want their panties underwear.
Speaker 3: Yeah you're gonna take. They're not going to reuse that.
Speaker 4: But I did. And it's funny because you know, you talk about me being on the stand. I had this whole monologue and I mean, if you watch when they shoot these shows, it's like they shoot the shit out of these courtroom stands.
Speaker 3: Like I always wanted to be on a show like this, and I thought I can't. I couldn't do that.
Speaker 4: I would literally like blow my brains out. I can't imagine. It's so long, so many takes that I would do this monologue which I had been doing for two days, and I would I it's like when you say the word like piano, piano, piano piano, You're like, what am I saying? I had no idea what I was saying by like seventy second take, because.
Speaker 3: It's like this wide shoe, you know when you watch the quart.
Speaker 4: Coming in over here on their head coming back your wooll. They're coming and they're getting the people in the back and you know, iced tea's in the back, you know, for fifteen minutes because they you know, they're they're just sitting in the back of the courtroom there. Uh, it's so many hours of saying the same.
Speaker 3: Thing over and over and over.
Speaker 4: And over again, and if there's anything technical, like your brain turns to just absolute mush.
Speaker 3: So by the time and I think by the time they did my close up, I mean I was just just like like you know.
Speaker 4: Drinking red Bull and trying to you know, benching myself.
Speaker 3: I can't believe they did the close up last. Well, it's a long scene. I think they didn't do it last. They didn't do it last.
Speaker 4: But I did have to be on the stand like seventy Like I want to say, it's felt like seventy two times.
Speaker 3: It's probably like thirty five or forty.
Speaker 4: But I also worked with Day Fincher, who I did a very small part in a movie called Gone Girl, and he has a tendency to do like I walked to this house, which he ended up cutting like fifty times, and that it's just you just never know why some people and some people are like, Okay, once we got it, let's go.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but it's a severia show.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed being being I like being on this, like you know, high budget stuff.
Speaker 3: It makes me feel Yeah, we heard there's fresh juices.
Speaker 4: I think so yeah. I think there's like there could have been a juice machine even like you know, do your make your own knocking? I remember it being very nice and it's still going.
Speaker 3: What are they own? Season seventy seven. Season twenty four debuts in a few weeks. So so what you I'm seeing?
Speaker 1: Like five, would you have anything coming up specifically you want our listeners to check out, because you have like five things that are like in post production right now.
Speaker 4: Well, one that I think is really funny is this movie Unseen, And I think it's gonna be on Epics. Epics and that's a network right yeah, And it's a Blumhouse like movie and I play what I love about this character.
Speaker 3: Is it's so real.
Speaker 4: I play like a very neat a typical Missy Pile character. She's she's based on. I mean, she's she this this. The premise of the show is that this one woman, of course can't her ex boyfriend's trying to kill her, and she's one of those type of people like with Velma.
Speaker 3: Without her glasses, she can't see anything, and so.
Speaker 4: She has her cell phone and she randomly calls this woman who's a gas station clerk.
Speaker 3: I can't remember exactly how.
Speaker 4: She's like, I need you to be my eyes and get me out of to hear this guy's trying to kill me. And then that woman's phone runs out of juice and she's working at a gas station in like Louisiana, and I come in as like a Karen type of character, and she tape steals my phone from me, and then I go call my husband and we come back with our guns. And the husband and I are based on the couple that had their guns, that had their guns that that whatever it was MISI convention or something, and like they brought them to the Republican convention.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is happening?
Speaker 4: And so we have his and her guns like mine has hers on it and it has like a old plated tangle gun and she's so funny.
Speaker 3: She's she's funny.
Speaker 4: And then I did a jukebox musical with them of Indigo Girls songs do you know Thing to Go? It's called Glitter and Doom and I have a small part in and it's like a love Wait what is this?
Speaker 3: It's a movie with all Indigo Girls songs, all Indigo Girls songs, like a jukebox musical.
Speaker 1: I think I'm like a huge Indigo Girls fan, So I'm like, that's all.
Speaker 3: It's an independent movie.
Speaker 4: So I don't know when when, what the story will be.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it'll be streaming at some point in the next.
Speaker 4: Bear I shall be setting a Google or I did a movie called A Tourist Guide to Love, which comes on Netflix, and it's with Rachel Lee Cook and we shot in Vietnam and it's ridiculous, like she goes to Vietnam to be an undercover. I run a tour agency and she's like going to be the person on the ground. So we shot my scenes which were in supposed to be in San Francisco or something in Vietnam because it was cheaper to just shoot in Vietnam, so I went there and I was pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: It's pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the Glitter and Doom we shot in Mexico City and it had a really fun year in the last year of just going places.
Speaker 1: That sounds awesome, especially after a year of going nowhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I played this character on a show called Why the Last Man, which was on FX and Hulu.
Speaker 3: It was canceled, but I played a cult leader.
Speaker 4: That was my favorite character I've ever played because she was not who she it was. Basically, the show is about a world where it's a pandemic hits and everything with the Y chromosome dies, And it's based on a graphic novel by Brian cavan And that was written in like two and eight so word like, on one day, every single human and animal with a Y chromosome just gone.
Speaker 3: So then it's like, what would the world be like with women? I want to watch that. What is it called? It's actually quite cool. It's called Why the Last Man.
Speaker 4: There's only one season, but and I don't come in until like episode four. But I played this crazy cult leader who like has this cult of women inside of a cost so she gets a Costco because you know the world there's no power and no water, no gay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I've got this. You got to stake out of Costco Costco's and I got real estate. But a dream.
Speaker 1: To see this has been a joy. I feel like we could fully talk to you for another hour.
Speaker 3: But I wish I had more.
Speaker 4: But you know, I always wish I had like a Dirk deep Dirk dirty secret.
Speaker 3: And again, like all the kids, I didn't even meet my son. I never met him. It's so funny, you know, it's really funny.
Speaker 4: I did an animated show and I never met my dad on the show. I never met him, and we would just record at different times thirteen episodes.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm trying to remember his name. I can't remember it. I can't remember anybody's name I've worked with.
Speaker 2: Every Hopefully you can come back to Svula a full blown killer.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'll ask, and then I just say I'm doing it for your podcast.
Speaker 3: Just be like.
Speaker 1: I've been doing a lot of gun work lately, and I think I'm ready to murder without me, you're ready to murder in a different, more hands on.
Speaker 4: I want to murder in a hands on way. Thank you, Thank you. Yeah, I think so too, And I'm sorry. I wasn't murdered on that I did. I did murder someone on a show called Traffic, a movie called Traffic, and I killed myself in a movie called Visioneers.
Speaker 3: But you never saw you murder someone in the movie Traffic.
Speaker 4: It's a different there's two traffics, Traffic by the kak, it's traffic with a k.
Speaker 3: I was like, wait, I missed that scene.
Speaker 4: I know. I'm sorry. It was not the Academy Award winning I wasn't in this the Artist, which was the Island movie. Yeah, so I did. I was a part of an Academy Award winning movie. But I didn't really I didn't speak. I spoke, but nobody. Nobody spoke. I spoke, but no one recorded it. Yeah, amazing, Thank you so much for giving us your time.
Speaker 3: This was like, thank you. My face is hurting from laughing.
Speaker 4: Hell.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was fun. She's funny, She's cool. I feel you, you guys vibed.
Speaker 3: I love her.
Speaker 1: There was a vibe I want to be friends. I'm in a DM rom and be like, do you want to take our kids to play together? And like talk shit like I would.
Speaker 2: I would do that she's fine, so successful. I don't know, I I'm obsessed. Yeah, and I had just rewatched fifty First States, so she was like so fresh in my mind.
Speaker 3: I was on in a hotel room.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I like, yeah, I like, I mean my I like obviously lots of things in hotels, but I don't mind putting on a movie with commercial breaks having my laptop. It's you know, it's nice. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, some gummy treats. Anyway, she was incredible and yeah, such complex facial acting. I would say, yeah, so many like looks where you're like, what is she thinking?
Speaker 3: But I know it's layered.
Speaker 1: I think she's great because she can really play like high status, low status, like you know all like she's played very ugly, she's played very beautiful.
Speaker 3: Like you know, she just can do do it all.
Speaker 1: But what do you think about what's our Let's get into our post mortem of granting immunity. I mean, we've learned a lot about vaccinations and the history of the anti vax movement, and I think we're living it right now in a way with a lot of COVID A vaccine hesitancy, and.
Speaker 2: It would just see I would be more okay with it all if it didn't start from Jenny McCarthy, you know what I mean, Like, yes, I think I'd be like, wow, everyone's opinions are okay, interesting. But the fact that Jenny McCarthy is like the QUI, what is it? Agent zero patient zero, yeah and ZEROA that that fucks me up. But I did one time meet she signed. I waited in line and at a Carson Piri Scott for her to sign a Candy's photo.
Speaker 3: It was Saint Patrick's Day.
Speaker 2: My sister took me to the parade and then we went to pee at a store and she was there signing autographs for Candy's shoes.
Speaker 1: I remember when she used to do ads for candies. Oh my god, I love How.
Speaker 3: Old were you? Young? For sure?
Speaker 2: Young whenever, because I remember I had a new pair of candies for sixth grade, so I was probably younger. But yeah, my sister would take me out of school to do fun stuff all the time.
Speaker 3: Oh, your sister's so cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she would like take me out because I remember one time I think I said this on the pod before, but in second grade, the teachers like, how are you feeling?
Speaker 3: I go, I feel fine.
Speaker 2: We went ice skating, and she was like, what the fuck and the teacher was like pissed, But yeah, we just prioritized fun in our household. So anyway, it fun a parade and Jennie McCarthy but and I would like her singled out like she was this like hot copy person that I was rooting for.
Speaker 3: We weren't you, Jenny Yes? And then it's like, god, that's.
Speaker 2: What makes it Like, if Jenny McCarthy's your leader, your cause is probably wrong, right, that's mine.
Speaker 1: And I guess like my thing a little bit as a parent is like I'm a parent. I gave birth to chill, I carried children in my body and I gave birth to them. I don't know why that in any way makes me medically smarter than anyone else. I don't know why that makes me smarter than a doctor, smarter than a pediatrician who went to school. And it's like do your own research, and then they show you the research and it's from like discredited websites like right wing propaganda, and you're just like this isn't why how is your own research better than like Ivy League medical schools.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just I know that there's money in pharma, and like, obviously money is behind something sometimes, but like vaccinations have eradicated diseases.
Speaker 3: From the planet.
Speaker 1: They are one of the greatest inventions of modern time. And it's just like that we talked about this.
Speaker 2: There's like an article or something we saw during this like fucking COVID time where it's a privilege to be able to say no to a vaccine and if this disease was a little bit worse or something like, you'd be begging, you'd be like killing people to get it. And I think a lot of people in our land do not know what's struggle, Like, they don't know, they're just like blinded by.
Speaker 3: Privilege in a way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but her on the stand being like okay with no peanut butter in the school and not seeing that she was about to get got like it's this, it's like, how are you okay with this? But not like right, But they don't under they don't care. They don't care. Yeah, they don't care about anything. But I liked the hippie doctor. I'd like to separate myself with He's great. No, it's a good episode, And it's scary when people even like abortion stuff you know, sometimes I fight on Twitter and it's like people thinking that they know what's best for everyone, and for like thinking you're so smart that you know science like that.
Speaker 3: I just don't get where that comes from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then part of it is like sometimes it's people that don't really care what's best for everyone. They just care what's best for what they think is best for their child. And they're like they don't feel the responsibility to the community, Like I you know what I'm saying, Like you have a responsibility to the children that are around you as well.
Speaker 2: Know that crazy bartender he talks about a few episodes ago at Tom Tom when I said, like, don't you care about your community? He goes sounds a lot like communism, Like people are out of their mouths. It's just like, I don't know, like feeding a child next to you, suddenly you're in communism, Like I don't get it. Yeah, I always want to stab people in the face, Like I understand.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm not going to say anything. I'm done.
Speaker 2: I'm not perjuring myself. I'm pleading the fifth Yeah, don't go the Alex Jones ruth. I use the wrong word, But I was about to be like, I just understand when people break, Like I get the unibomber, you know what I mean, I get it where he like looked around at society and went, you know what, I think it's better if you all fucking are out of here, Like I get it. Yeah, that's why I wanted to stop myself. Okay, but then you didn't, and I love that. No, I would never do violence onto others unless it was to protect someone.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but the rage simmers inside of me, like I understand, yeah, looking around the world and being like, what the fuck why haven't we Like I don't really even wash my hands anymore.
Speaker 3: I'm a part of the problem.
Speaker 2: Like we went through COVID and I was like, I'm going to make sure I'm like taking care of myself.
Speaker 3: That's stopped immediately. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I'm not wiping down my Delta seat, like not wiping down like and I don't do that.
Speaker 1: No, It's yeah, I feel like I've gotten I've also just like fallen into these patterns where it's like, oh, my daughter gets tested for COVID every week at her school, so I'm like, yeah, I guess if she has it it'll pop up, like if we get it, it'll like I'm not paying enough attention.
Speaker 3: I have been.
Speaker 1: I have tested myself after a couple of flights lately and stuff of course, but like I'm not as vigilant as I was.
Speaker 3: But I think we're in a better place with it.
Speaker 2: I know. But isn't the whole thing where you're brain, something bad happens in your brain remembers it and it's like more stressful, so then you protect yourself in the future, like evolution wise. But it seems like we something bad happens and we like shove it away, like yeah, get over it or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you glom onto?
Speaker 1: Like misinformation, like the misinformation during COVID was like this isn't that bad, Like the survival rate is great, and it's like, but it's a million people have doted, Like it's just crazy, Like I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why is no one working at McDonald's. They're dead, bitch. Okay, let's move it along. What charity do? All right?
Speaker 3: How are we going? H let's from that.
Speaker 1: From that sentiment, let's go right into what would Sister peg do? Our weekly segment where we point you to an organization an article a book, a doc something to help you learn more about what we talked about in today's episode. And this week we wanted to point you to an essay written by doctor Christopher A. Swingle which was published in twenty eighteen, so pre COVID, but definitely in the heart of off the tales of many, you know, anti vax outbreaks of measles and stuff like that, And it was published in Missouri Medicine and it's called how do We Approach Anti Vaccination Attitudes? It's a short article and it chronicles the history of long standing anti vax movement and dissects common traits of anti vaxxers and offers advice to physicians on how to best convince their patience to get vaccinated. And I thought maybe some of that would be helpful for those of you that are like trying to talk to family members who you want to get vaccinated. Maybe not, but something to check out. It is in the National Library of Medicine, and the link to the article will obviously be in our show notes and included in our Instagram stories and we save all of our what would Sister peg Do stories in a highlight called WWSPD, so you can check out all of them forever there.
Speaker 2: Damn you really you really went there. You really popped off, Kara. That was a lot of information. Thank you so much. Also, I just opened my phone. Sorry, I'm a bad friend, but Beth Dido just started following.
Speaker 3: Ooh ooh that's kind of thrilling. Yeah, look up the Starbuck.
Speaker 2: Anyways, you guys, next week we'll be back. Countdown Season two, episode fifteen a classic, Very very thrilled for that one, and we're obsessed with you.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You know where to watch it, Hulu, Peacock. Enjoy your summer.
Speaker 3: Bye, guys, We love you.
Speaker 2: That's Messed Up as an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episodes you'd like us to cover, shoot us an email it That's Messed uppod at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod and on Twitter at messed Up Pod, and follow us personally at Karaklank and.
Speaker 3: At glitter Cheese.
Speaker 1: As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information.
Speaker 3: Thank you so.
Speaker 2: Much to our producer KC. O'Brien, and to.
Speaker 1: Our mixer Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Cotner, and.
Speaker 2: To Henry Kaperski for our theme song and Carly Jean Andrews for our artwork.
Speaker 1: Thank you to our executive producers Georgia Hardstar, Karen Kilgarriff, Daniel Kramer, and everybody at Exactly Right Media
Speaker 3: Dun Dunn