Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're back. We're black, we're brown, abbish yr I decided to like you see, you had that tone, that tonal change. Everybody can't do that. Everybody can't do that each week.
Speaker 2: I just regret that we never came up with an actual gone for the entry. No, it's just tip spin pull tip spin, you know, holding that burying that weight on her shoulders for a good four and a half years now. I try to switch it up with y'all.
Speaker 3: You would appreciate it, that's what you are.
Speaker 2: No, I appreciated you. I'm just like Mady. We should give you a break.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that would actually be cool. If we had a little rodo vision like little Diddy Bop, maybe we could get there.
Speaker 2: We've been saying that for half we.
Speaker 3: Should hit up the girl. Remember the young woman that did that, did the Molly Moore theme song.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, right, if you wanna, yeah, let's do that. But before that, let's uh, let's talk about what's happening. What's happening in year old? How are we? How? First of all, mental health check in? How are you doing?
Speaker 3: Eh? Okay, it's a lot, you know, it's about right. That's literally like and I guess it's better than like being worse than it, but definitely I'm feeling like like, yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: A cabin fever getting to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean some days and some days not. I mean because I do work largely from home, but it's hard because you know, you work from home, but I can leave, but knowing that you really can't and I'm not gonna lie. More and more of my friends have friends that have passed or really sick from Corona, so it just it's starting to creeping closer and closer, and I'm just you know, you have this feeling where you know that eventually you're going to know somebody like, well that's like really sick or yea worse than sick. And I guess I'm kind of like bracing myself. What is that? What does that feel like? You know what I mean? So, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: It feels almost like you're that person in the movie and you're trap somewhere where the water is seeping in and right now it's around your ankles, and every week it's like, Okay, it's my shins, and it's my knees and it's my waist and when is it going to get me, Yeah, it's that. It is that that just cloud of anxiety which sort of just hangs over everything. One of the things I started to do around I don't know the third or fourth day since I started to work from home, was pull out this old just I always buy journals and I'm like, I'm going to write in them one day. I love collecting journals that I'd never write in, but I finally I picked one out and I started to just jot down what really frustrated me that day or what was happening that day, because there really isn't. I mean, I do have my therapist who I still see via a tell a what's it called telehealth I think is the platform they use, But for me, it helps to just write out what's stressing me out and even if it's four am. Especially when I was really dealing with intense anxiety when I had the baby, I would wake up all night and just couldn't. I would stay awake all night and could not sleep, and I would just get up, go to the kitchen, pull out a notepad and just like write out what I was worried about and just write it down. And something about that helps me. So if that seems like something that could help you. I just wanted to share because it's very simple and it's free, and just getting it off your chest, saying it out loud, as my therapist always says, like one of the things that she and I talk about is it's not about pushing down the thoughts, the scary thoughts, what could happen, the what ifs, But it's about looking at them and acknowledging them and letting them float away, just kind of saying, Okay, I had that thought, it's just a thought, can't hurt me, and kind of moving on from it, and you know, my journey through anxiety continues, but not something that's helped me.
Speaker 3: I guess you know what it is that I used to always strike me as odd, not odd like but odd. I don't know any other way to put it, is that things, terrible things can happen, and yet the world is still moving, you know. Like I remember when I was in it was in my twenties, and I remember, like my grandmother passed away, and I remember being like, yo, doesn't everybody understand my grandmother passed away? Like as if like like everyone stopped for a moment. You know what I mean, like it's like like I was teaching preschool at the time, and I remember I had to go home because it was like, you know, the kids, they were like miss Tiffany, look at my dog baby and watch me kick and you know, like it's everything keeps turning despite tragedy, and so sometimes it's hard because like you can't catch your breath because you're like, you know, although this is the first time that it does seem like a of a kind of a screeching halt because things are not turning and churning. But I don't know. That always struck me as kind of like this weird sense that you have to keep walking despite losing limbs along the way or something. You know. I don't know if I'm describing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I get it. It's it's again. I'll go back to that analogy of like there's a like a tornado hits a big city and maybe you're across the country and it's sunny outside and it's hard for you to imagine and you go about your life and I and it does feel that way being here in New York and being in the New Jersey area like we are, it feels like you're you're in the eye of the hurricane and it's just destroyed. You know, it's we're about to hit the apex in terms of deaths. In New York. They say the middle of April. It's the end of April where it's going to keep getting worse. But there's parts of the country where it's not quite as bad. And like in Georgia, my my own home state of Georgia, Lord have mercy. How do this man beat Stacy Abrams? I will never be able to tell you. But the governor is trying to reopen beaches right now, and it feels like there's some places where people just aren't getting it. And I mean, living here in the middle of it, we I mean I can't. And I'm talking to my family in Georgia and I'm like, you guys have to take it seriously, because New York is not special. We are. It was always going to grow really fast here because we live in such close proximity and there's so many of us. But it can happen in other places and it already is you see Louisiana. Anyway, I get it. And it also for people who have been impacted and have lost loved ones to turn on CNN or whatever news network and to see that stupid count of the deaths like it's a telethon or something like that, ten thousand and one, ten thousand and two, you know, and it's just it's and I get why they're doing it, because it's what people you know, it's it's the fear. But it just you can get disconnected from the fact that those are real lives that we're using. Up to two hundred what was it, two hundred something thousand was one of the projections of people who could die before we hit before we get to the other side of this in the US, and that just No, it's not fifty million who died from the Spanish flu one hundred years ago, but it's two hundred thousand people. Yeah, so yeah, it's really sobering, and you you, I mean, you can't think about that stuff all the time because it can really weigh you down. So it's like you want to stay personally. This weekend, I've tried to not watch the news and tried to not watch social media and just tried to just live and I did some yardwork and it really helped. I treated it like it was a weekend. That's one of the problems I think is do you feel like the days are just blurring together and the weekend's not special anymore. It kind of just feels like a continuation. But I truly tried to make it a weekend where we slept in and we did some yard work and we stayed outside because it was finally nice out. Yeah, and just tried to you know, take a break from the news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it did feel like a weekend, like for the first weekend because I refuse, Like I remember, there was some stuff. It was kind of like overhanging on Friday, and I kind of told the team like, yeah, it's not that serious, Like everybody, WUSA take this Saturday and Sunday to hug on your loved ones who were in the house with you, and and you know, sit on your front steps if you're able, and go in the backyard if you have one, and not work basically, I mean, and there are a few things that we do on the weekends, like we have for the Literature Academy, we have A and a'sk the expert every Sunday, So Tamra, I know, had to do some work, but for the most part, we're really trying to give people like their weekends. So that way there's just a sense of, I don't know, bring some sort of sense of normalcy. So yeah, and then it's just been like even figuring out this whole PPP program.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So for those who don't have know PPP program, it's the paycheck protection. There's another p IM missing. What's the plan plan? Play the hard the easy one.
Speaker 2: So now with PPP, I had to do it.
Speaker 3: Oh I love that. So the PPP program is meant for business owners and even that word we use very loosely, so proprietors ten ninety nine, folks in independent contractors, people who have businesses, even nonprofits that have that employee under five hundred people that you could qualify for help. It's a loan that becomes a grant if you're GIA, yes, forgivable loan.
Speaker 2: That's the big selling point. They're forgivable potentially.
Speaker 3: So at first they were telling us that hey, business like your syphony, you can count because they're heavily leaning into how many people that you're employing, and we will give you two and a half months worth of payroll plus a little extra sp like if you have rent and some other bills, but mostly they're really leaning into your payroll because the purpose of it is for you not to let go of anyone. So it's that great because honestly, as it relates to my business, it's myself and my business partner Jabrill, we are the w two workers and everybody else is an independent contractor. And I was like, okay, great, we could submit and get two and a half months worth of that payroll set aside just in case, right, and then as long as after that money is dispersed, you keep people employed for eight weeks, then that loan becomes forgivable. And then if if you don't keep people employed, let's just say you let go of half of the people, then half the money is due. And there still it feels like you're still working out like what it looks like, but it looks like it's going to be under four percent the interest on that loan, and I think you have up to ten years to pay it back. So anyway, I was all like, Okay, this is awesome. And now I mean, all of a sudden, that of the blue. I guess someone said that there's more versions of more interpretations of this Stimulus Care Act than the Bible, because now the word really is that no, you cannot count your your ten ninety nine workers. So which is where most of the people on my team are their independent contractors. And the reason, which it makes sense, but it's just disappointing. The reason is because the ten ninety nine independent contract also can actually claim themselves, so they don't want to pay the ten ninety nine worker to apply and then you apply for them too, so that they're getting basically paid for twice.
Speaker 2: So I was like, where'd you go if you're a business owner. I mean, we put the link in the show notes last week and I'll do it again to the application through the SBA. Is that where you apply for PPP or do you go to your like your bank or where you start?
Speaker 3: Well, you start with your local bank. Most banks, and here's what's so crazy, because applications open on Friday, maybe Bank of America, Wells Fargo, they're not taking applications anymore. That's crazy, they said. They're so overwhelmed. They're like, nope, closing the door. And so in most big banks or most banks are only taking applications if you bank with them, and so you know, so start with your bank. But then you're going to have to do a search. If your bank is no longer taking applications, then you're going to have to do a search for banks that will take applications from people who don't bank with them. So that's what I'm kind of doing now because I didn't I didn't realize it was going to just be filled up so quickly. So my my CFO is quickly working on submitting our application to a bank that you don't have to bank with in order to in order to apply with them. So yeah, it's just it's just I mean, when I say a mess, I mean a hot mess, a two year old temper tantrum because you say, you know, no more, no more animal crackers, because you're going to have dinner soon. Mess.
Speaker 2: I mean on the because we've been following it to our small business reporter, are really following it, and to me, it seems like, well, the government is not always known for being the best at rolling out new programs, let alone new programs that it talks about on Tuesday and then launches on Friday, like this has been really quickly slapped together. And I mean, if I were a small business owner right now wanting to apply and running into issues. I would just say be patient and keep trying and be persistent because eventually, hopefully people will figure out. The banks are catching up with the government's stimulus package as much as you know anyone else right now, and they need time to get the right you know, people in place and whatnot. And also they're struggling too. You know, some banks have had to like lay off people or you know, furlough people because of what's going on. So I don't know, be patient, try hard, contact community banks, credit unions, like smaller banks that may not be getting as overwhelmed as the big brand names are.
Speaker 3: Right yep. I was going to say that, yeah, that a lot of the smaller banks are definitely they might have some space there. And also to call ahead of time, ask to speak to the business banker so you know what to bring. So because every bank is kind of like figuring out and making up their.
Speaker 2: Own rules, so you can go in person to the bank for.
Speaker 3: Some people, Yeah, there's some people who actually went, like a friend of mine, she went and she and they made her come in person. So yeah, so definitely call the bank and ask those questions. Do I have to come in person? Do I have to bank here, it's so kind of open an account. Now what do you need because like I said, every you know, Chase Bank, for example, has their own application. So yes, there's the there's the BA application, but then Chase has their own application. So you're wanting to know, like what is the application process because well, you don't want to think about this. Thousands of people are going to be applying, hundreds of thousands, right and if this is not like normal times where they can coach you too. Oh your application got kicked back because you forgot this. Don't be that person because it might just be kickback. Like oh yeah, girl, you're not getting nothing because we told you to fill this out properly. So making sure that you're going to apply that you take the time to give them everything they ask for. Yeah, so you know you have the opportunity to potentially get money. But yeah, that was just like the only cause, like that's significantly less because we have like twenty people on the team and there's a difference between twenty people payroll to two people.
Speaker 2: Well, we've got a couple of questions relating to the stimulus package. That will get to when we answer questions and the next segment. Just FYI, okay, if you guys do you guys want keep sending your questions and they've been great. Go to brand Ambission podcast dot com ask us ask us anything, or you can send me notes directly on Instagram. We're at brand a Mission Podcast or email Brando Mission Podcast at gmail dot com. Back, So why don't we take a quick break and we will come back and get into some of those questions.
Speaker 3: So it's time for question DA questions. Honestly, I really love the questions segment because folks ask such great questions and sometimes I'm like, oh, good ones. What questions we have in the mail bag?
Speaker 2: As I mentioned, we have a couple of questions from people who are wondering, you know, what should they be doing now that there is this stimulus package coming out. This question comes from with someone who wanted to remain anonymous. She says, I actually haven't filed taxes in the last couple of years. Does this mean I will not qualify for a stimulus check? If not, what can I do so that I can potentially qualify? This is a really good question because we mentioned last week, so these checks will be coming in the next couple of weeks or so. There's still not a firm date on that, but the way that's happening, so if you file taxes in twenty eighteen or twenty nineteen, the IRS is going to use that tax return to see if you're eligible or not. So what that means is, if you earned a lot more money in twenty eighteen than you did in twenty nineteen, you're going to want to follow your twenty nineteen taxes asap so that they can look at your lower income this year because if you have higher income, I believe they've capped it at around ninety nine thousand dollars for an individual. If you have higher income, you won't qualify for any stimulus money. So let's say you earned one hundred thousand dollars in twenty eighteen, and your freelancer in twenty nineteen it was super slow and you earned fifty thousand dollars. You're going to want to file that twenty nineteen tax return so that it reflects that lower income, so you will qualify for a check. If not, Like I said, they'll look at twenty eighteen's tax returns and that if you earn more that year, you may not qualify that being said, like she asks, what do I do if I didn't file taxes those two years? So what the IRS is doing is they're going to look at social Security statements to see if people can be eligible. Or you can quickly go ahead and file your twenty nineteen tax It's just a simple tax return for twenty nineteen. It's not too late, and they can use the income or whatever you put on that tax return right now, so it's not too late. And whatever bank account you have connected to your your refund in the past, whatever wherever it's been direct deposited, if that's how you've gotten your refund, I think most people have, that's where the IRS will be sending it. So get on it. And I'm going to put the same resource links that were in last week's show in this show. Note says, well for you guys to check. All right, and let's take our next question from a listener will call Arti. Artie says, God bless you both. During this time, the President announced that interest on federal student loans will be discontinued until further notice. My student loan provider said they implemented this, but they said my payments will stay the same shouldn't my fixed monthly payment go down as a result of interest no longer being applied, Artie, So she sent this email on March twenty third. We just checked on this and there's good news here. So the great news is that actually the government has suspended student loan payments on federal loans from March thirteen through September thirtieth, which means if you have federal student loans, you don't have to pay anything. What they've done is automatically put federal student loan borrowers into forbearons. On top of that, typically when you're put a loan in fourbearans is still accruing, so although you don't have to pay anything, you still have interest piling up.
Speaker 3: And sometimes you can make interest payments because I used to be for Baron's Queen and so I used to make the interest payments just so it wouldn't accrue on top of my principle. So just know that this is a second break they're giving.
Speaker 2: You exactly, so there's not actually any interest accruing even though you're in forbearans. So this is a double wamy benefit. So Alretie, you should call your servicer back and make sure that they know that this is the new law that's passed. And like we've said before, a lot of companies like banks and lenders, they're catching up with the news just like we are. So if you're getting confusing advice that conflicts with what you find on federal websites, for example, definitely go to studentaid dot gov and click on their corona we I'll put a link to this in the show notes. I'll save you the trouble. Go the show notes and I'll put a link to the Coronavirus Federal student Loan page that you guys can check the information. Call your servicer and if you get confusing advice, I would just escalate it to a manager until you get someone on the phone who knows what they're talking about. Yeah, because yeah, you shouldn't have to pay anything. You can still choose to pay, and say that if you can, why stop, right, I mean.
Speaker 3: To me, I wouldn't like I only if, like, if it already doesn't if you don't have like a good amount of like emergency savings save, then I might reconsider like kind of continuing to pay. But if you feel like you know your bills are up to day and you have a good amount of emergency savings. When by good amount in times like these, I say six months. But I think what Mandy was going to say is that that all of the money that you send toward your federal student loans now up until September thirtieth, all of it will go to the principle that means, you know, not some like like normal. So it's a it's an opportunity to pay down your student loan debt just a little bit faster. So not everyone has six months, So this is an opportunity, like you know, to stack up on your on your emergency savings just in case we don't know what's going to happen moving forward. And I think having a strong cash position so you can this wave out is a really good idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And if I can be Devil's advocate, I mean, if you're talking about I think we've had some questions from people should I be investing right now? And we've had some people who have been like, I'm going to put more money in the market because you know, we're at we're at bottom or nearing the bottom where we were anyway, and it's sort of like stocks are on sale. So if you're going to invest now is a good time because then you can ride the wave. If there's a wave, which history is shown, there usually is one that goes back up. So, like Tiffany said, if you have your emergency fund stashed, you have your regular bills paid off, there's no other obligations that you have. If you're torn between making a student loan payment on a on a loan that no longer has interest through September, or maybe kicking money into your four to one K, it depends on your appetite for risk right now, but you know, you could argue that it makes more sense to potentially put it into even a CD would earn a little bit something, or put it in a high yield savings account if you're feeling you know, queasy about maybe putting it into your four to one K or in the stock market, put it into a vehicle where maybe you can earn a little bit of interest, because if you've use it to pay your student loans right now, the benefit is that you pay your principle down but you're not being charged interest, So you could gain a little bit more by you know, saving or investing it elsewhere. All right, but great question, thank you very much, Artie and that seeing Should we take one more?
Speaker 3: Oh a mass? I think we should because it's crazy times right now?
Speaker 2: Oh no, moss Okay. This comes from the gram listener name Eli Eli says quick question. Prior to COVID, I had planned for the month of April to open a travel credit card for the rewards. My other credit cards are paid off, so debt is an issue. I was concerned that it might look desperate to open a card at this time. On the other hand, I feel like I might get a good rate. Should I wait till after the pandemic is over? Or will it not matter? Interesting look desperate to who?
Speaker 3: For no right?
Speaker 2: It didn't hurt you. Desperations is not one of the components of a credit score. Not what you're worried about.
Speaker 3: If like your hand shook that that your score drops some points, like oh I needed money now, I say you like you know, if that's not an issue, there's nothing wrong with going ahead and open up a opening up a credit card. If anything, now I have seen I don't know if you've seen, because I've gotten like these credit card solicitations in the mail that they're actually giving more reward points travel reward points than they were.
Speaker 2: Before, are they Well I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean just seeing from what's coming in, Like I'm like, ooh, before this was fifty thousand points, now this is one hundred thousand. And I don't know if it's related to COVID, but like, for example, just with everything, I feel like like a Domino's just set me like a coupon forty percent off, and I'm getting all of these coupons all of you. I feel like people are trying to hopefully sway folks into making a move when it comes to investing in their business by being a patron. So yeah, I mean, definitely shop around. There's nothing with that because what we do know is actually we're going to fly again. We're not going to never fly again. So there's nothing going to fly now.
Speaker 2: You know you were brave enough and it's an emergency. I would just say I wouldn't rush to open up a travel rewards card that has an annual fee right now unless you can immediately get some benefits that would outweigh the cost of that annual fee, like if you had to sign up bonus or whatnot and made it worth it just because you know, the usual benefit with these cards is that you have to spend spend using travel sometimes entertainment or restaurants or what not to get the most lucrative rewards. And if you're not doing a lot of that right now, then you're not going to be stashing away a lot of points. And is it worth you know, paying like I know the Chase Sapphire Reserve, they increase their feet of five hundred dollars and five hundred and fifty dollars this last year. And definitely if you were thinking about one of those really expensive annual fee cards, just want to do the math to see if the benefits outweigh that reward before you rush out to sign up. Yeah, all right, cool, Well again, you guys send us your questions. Brand Ambisson Podcast on the Gram or brand Ambission Podcast at gmail dot com. We're also on our website, Brandambition podcast dot com.
Speaker 3: Yes, and now it's time for a boost or break, boost a break. I have a boost and a break. What about you?
Speaker 2: I was going to do a boost keep it positive?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well my break is not really like a huge, like a really bad break, So I'll do the break first. Oh there's another streaming platform out It's called Quibi. Have you heard of it? I have.
Speaker 2: I've seen a couple of ads for shows on Quibi and I'm like, ugh, I got one and another one time these days the one not I know.
Speaker 3: So I'm kind of like, eh, so, what makes quibi or Quibi? I'm not sure how they're saying it's so special? Is I think like the Dreamworksky is, you know, one of the founders and some other super fancy person that has like all this knowledge. They've raised so much money, like two billion dollars to launch this thing. But from what I can understand, from when I can understand, what makes it so special is that it's especially optimized for your phone, so you can hold your phone horizontally and then you can hold it vertically. And what they've done is they shot this movie or this whatever and two different like they shot it vertically and they shot it horizontally, so you can actually get two point of views, like as you watch, like ooh oh, this one, I can see the outside of the house. This one, I can see the inside of the house as you switch your phone back and forth. I don't know, I'm just like and all. What also makes it special is that all of the content is like ten minutes to under so it's really meant to be like kind of like on the go. But I'm like, okay. I mean they say that it's not really geared toward Generation Z, that's really geared toward millennials. So I guess we'll see. I mean, you know, like depending on who you ask on, one year removed or one year one pinky toe in millennial land. So I don't know. I just kind of a break just from another platform.
Speaker 2: Platform to pay for, you know, if you're looking for expenses to trim, I would like your streaming services.
Speaker 3: People are like, what girl, not Netflix? Go ahead? I'm like understood that.
Speaker 2: I feel it's do you need Apple TV? Like I don't know. Reese Weatherspoon Show is pretty good, but like it's over so we canceled it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't know that quibi is necessary. So then that's just my light break. But my boost is I really want to boost my financial friends circle. I guess my financial network circle. They have really just been rising to the occasion and just sharing their knowledge just freely with folks. Like if you guys know, like two weeks ago, I did a free financial series and it was Tila teaching stocks. I taught budgeting and savings, Sandy taught how to make money from home, and Cara taught you know, emotional wellness. And we did it for free and really like well received. I just ran the numbers. Mandy over two hundred thousand views, thousands of comments, thousands of shares. It just was great and awesome and if you like I missed it, it's honestly it's on the budget needs to Facebook page. I just you can cook video and all the videos are there. Every lesson. It's like a deep lesson, so totally free. It was our way of giving back. And then I leaned in again because people are like, you know, are you going to do it again? And I wasn't going to be. It's not an easy lift. It's a lot of work, but I know people are really in need. So I kind of took like this informal survey of what do you want to learn? And then I've reached out to my financial adjacent friends based upon what people said. And even as you're listening to this, even if you've missed like a session or whatever, they'll still be the like I said, the replay will still be on the budget needs to Facebook page. But we have ec who's teaching how to land your dream job when no one is hiring. She teaches dream job how to land your dream job anyway, but she's really leaning into like now and you know, like what it seems like no one's hiring. There are people who are hiring, how do you land that job? Than Ash Cash my boy is teaching how to master your mindset and manifest some abundance in times of uncertainty. He's an awesome like mindset kind of coach. It's just like really like he's got amazing energy and I think we could all use that boost. Then after that on Wednesday, Dawn she has been my friend for a number of years. She's a naturalist down has ms and as a result, she's really had to lean in and create natural products and certain things for herself to help manage her ms. And so she's going to show us with the things you have at home, how do you strengthen your immune system, like on a budget. So it's like, do you have lines? You know you could like squeeze shot a line a little bit of honey, Like do you have tumoric did you know if you are going to cook with tumoric, it's essential that you also add black pepper so it helps your body break down the tumork. So these are things that you might not know. And I wanted her to, you know, because so many of us might eventually get corona, but it won't affect us all the same, especially if we have a strong immune system. And then let's but at least my friend Nicole black And is going to teach negotiate your way to lower bills, interest rates, and more savings because almost everyone, all your service providers are offering some leniency when it comes to your you know who you own, how much you own, and so now it's time to lean in and negotiate some assistance. And she's going to teach that. So I just want to, like I said, I want to just thank like the financial network that I belong to because everyone has said yes, so something fun we're going to do too. And I don't know if the word is fun, but I reached out to like my Elevate network that's a group of US personal finance folks of color, and I say, wouldn't it be great if we could each explain what it's seemingly like a big financial term in under a minute, and we can share the videos like what is quantitative quantitative easing? What is the stock market? What is points in the Dow Jones? And I so like, I had so many people say yeah, I'd love to do that. So see, like you know, you'll see those videos soon because I feel like sometimes those words just go over your head and like what does that mean? Can you explain it to me? Like I'm five, and so, like I said, so many people say that they would do those little clip videos for me, So we'll just see them being shared. So lead into your financial educator and give them a virtual hug because we try out here in these streets to make sure you are.
Speaker 2: Okay and it's fr e for real.
Speaker 3: Like I said, Facebook page, Like I know people are like I don't have Facebook, Well says get it for this.
Speaker 2: Wait a second? Who who know a lot of people like.
Speaker 3: You'd be so surprised how many people are like can you do this on Instagram?
Speaker 2: It doesn't go out of style? Facebook face go out of style? Yeah, I mean it was like, you know, they're hacking into our data or whatever and selling.
Speaker 3: It, but they own Instagram.
Speaker 2: They do own Instagram. They don't. They don't try and advertise that if you.
Speaker 3: Noticed, I know. But the thing is the reason why we do a Facebook is because because of the nature of wanting us to do it for free and not it not confining you. Because with Instagram, you these lives on the last twenty four hours. They might sit in the highlights, but it's hard for you to see and like for example, like everyone who's teaching, some people might have a slide that they want you to see, and so it just makes it easier. It makes it really easy to make it free on Facebook. So sorry if you don't have it, But.
Speaker 2: Well, I did share the link to your Facebook page last week when you talked about the courses. But if you have like a specific link to a public like episode that people can see even if they're not logged in, maybe maybe that will work.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I believe so. I believe like the ones that are already, like the ones we recorded like two weeks ago, I think that those links, if I share them and you're not logged in, you can still watch them not being logged in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, shoot me the links and I will add them to the show notes.
Speaker 3: Awesome. What about you. What are you besting?
Speaker 2: I want to boost big, big, big, big boosts. I don't think I've done this yet. To all the parents who are at home with the children and having to become a nine to five worker plus mom and dad mom or dad and juggling schooling, I feel somewhat lucky. I mean, the newborn is challenging, but he's not asking me a million questions a day and needing my you know, undivided attention and trying to jump off coffee tables and almost breaking his orbital bone like a friend of mine's tolder did the other day. I just major shout out. And one of the things I did recently at my company was we have a company Slack and I decided to start a parent Slack channel just because it felt like one I'm a new parent, and I wasn't sure who else at the company were parents, and I was like, this is a crazy, freaking time for us, and we need to acknowledge that it's crazy. So started a parent Slack channel and it's been really fun and people are sharing just you know, notes about how they're setting up tents in the living room for their kids and how they're getting online courses for free from this website or that website. So just a shout out and give yourselves a pat on the back if you're a parent and you are juggling at all, and give yourself grace. We just can't do. Like I'm going to be the first to admit I am not as effective at my job as I was a month ago. When I could go to an office and work undividedly, undivided attention all day. You just you can't do it all. So you just we have to make peace with imperfection right now. And speaking of a baby, was that a baby in the background there?
Speaker 3: My my? What'sile? Call him? My TV?
Speaker 2: And it was like, shut up, oh god, that's like what at night after when I put the baby down finally and my husband starts watching videos of him and I'm like, the baby's crying. He's like, chill out. I'm just watching this video. And I'm like, you can't do that all right anyway, So shout out to parents, and then a quick shout out to me because we started sleep training. This we do and mama is finally getting her groove back. I cannot People are like, oh, you know, letting them cry.
Speaker 1: It out.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear your opinions, by the way, because I stopped carrying what anyone else does with their kid six to eight weeks ago, and it changed my life entirely because my kid ain't your kid, so you know, do your own thing. That's fine. My kid. I knew he could fall asleep on his own. He just had to be given the opportunity. As how I looked at it and I sat it was just like, I mean literally would have taken me an hour in the past, just sitting there rocking and boob and rocking and boob and white noise and whatever. I just put him down. I walked away. I had a big bagglass of wine. He cried for about thirty minutes and that was that. And the next night it was twenty five minutes. And tonight, let's hope it'll be twenty. But I have gotten more sleep in the past four days, and I feel like myself almost again. And in these crazy times, I just wanted to say, yes, I'm getting my group back, I'm cooking again, I have I'm not dead by seven pm anymore. I mean, knock on wood, because who knows what tonight will bring. But it's going great, and I just really feel like, finally I have stopped, like I said, caring what other people do and just doing what my kid and I like. We just talk. I'm like, Rio, what do you need?
Speaker 3: Rio?
Speaker 2: Tonight is a night you're going to sleep on your own? He's like, cool, Mom, I got this. And it's me and him, y'all. It's me and him. We're working on it's a and yes. So I am very happy, very very happy right now. And I mean I can't stop talking because I have energy now like in the past to be like Tiffany, can we stop the show at forty minutes? Because I can't. I can't go on any longer.
Speaker 3: But you know what, because how old is Rio now?
Speaker 2: He's four and a half months.
Speaker 3: Honestly, every new mom that I know will say, like, you know, until about four months, you're like, who am I? I'm in the desert alone, So that sounds about right that about three or four months you start to see your way out. You're like, Okay, I'm wandering out of the wilderness.
Speaker 2: So they might stop wearing maternity tights because I don't have to, but they comfy, but they have like holes in them, so I might like actually shop and get some new clothes. This steels good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's awesome. And he is so adorable. I'm like, how is it possible? He's getting cutter every day whenever you post him. And poor Molly. I was like, if you don't leave my friend alone, she didn't mean to do that to that basket. If you don't follow up Mandy on ig, you need to. I just be all in it, like, leave my Molly alone.
Speaker 2: She didn't mean it. Mollie is so confused. I think all the pets are like, why are you home? What's going on? Where's my mean time? Everyone's on the couch, there's a spot for me. And this baby is crying all day? Can you guys go back to work? What's happening? Mollie is definitely feeling the anxiety.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, her little face too. She looks so guilty. She was like, and then I had enough to pick it back up, like ooh thanks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when we catch her. It's so funny. She never choose, but she's only started to chew on random things, like recently, she loves to chew on toys, but not anything else. I thought I was always so lucky, but when we do. The rare occasion find she's chewed something.
Speaker 3: She is so funny and.
Speaker 2: How she reacts and she'll growl at you like she's like, you know, like I could just hear her being like, I'm really really sorry, and also get out of my face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah. So there's light. There's little little delights like that that we have to lean into.
Speaker 2: Have to laugh, laugh, laugh, laugh at anything that makes you laugh. Just whatever. Don't know, there's nothing to feel guilty about these days. Do whatever you can to survive ive and to feel good, you know, as long as it's legal. Don't come and say, Brandon Bischen told me to go rob a liquor store because I wanted something. It felt really good. All right, Well, take care, Tiff, be well, are you too?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: See y'all next week