Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at adcusa dot com.
Speaker 2: Alicia is on the phone today for our first Date follow up and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Jason. So in a little bit we're gonna call him and see if you'll tell us why he's ghostinger and maybe get her another date. But first, Alicia, how long has it been since you heard from Jason?
Speaker 3: Hi, guys, it's been like like two weeks.
Speaker 1: Have you tried to reach out to him?
Speaker 3: I've tried like once or twice.
Speaker 4: Like I don't want to seem crazy or anything, but yeah, I've tried a little and just nothing in response.
Speaker 5: Well, why don't you tell us about the date and how you guys met.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we.
Speaker 6: Met on him, you know, as most people do these days.
Speaker 7: I which outed for a good minute, Like it was back.
Speaker 3: And forth for like a couple of weeks. Actually, he suggested we do like a traditional date to dinner, which he paid for. It was very nice.
Speaker 4: We didn't get drinks afterwards, we just sort of went our stuff ways.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, I felt like it was really positive.
Speaker 7: We did tiss just a little bit, very small very nice, and he texted to make sure I got home, which felt like a positive sign. And yeah, that was the last thing i'd heard from him.
Speaker 5: So what was going on during like the dinner, Like, what were you guys talking about? Did you feel like you guys were flirtatious? Because I mean, to be honest, it sounds a little bit dry from you know, just that was that. I mean maybe I mean for both of you, even not just him.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: I mean I thought in the conversation, like I don't.
Speaker 6: Want to be again, I don't want to sound.
Speaker 4: Crazy, but I thought this guy was really perfect. He really checked all of my boxes and he was so he was so flirty over like the hinge messages and everything, and when we were texting, he was super flirty and I was really excited.
Speaker 3: So maybe that's why I'm sort.
Speaker 6: Of downplaying it now because I was a little.
Speaker 3: I was just so sweet and I felt like the conversation good.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously now I'm replaying it and I have like a million like, oh my god, what did I do wrong? But yeah, I'm just kind of shocked that he hasn't. I wonder if he felt the same way.
Speaker 1: How did the kiss happen.
Speaker 3: Oh it was sweet.
Speaker 4: He like walked me to my car and we were just having a nice little conversation about something completely unrelated, and then he was.
Speaker 3: Like, can I kiss you? Which also we love consent love that he asked, do yes?
Speaker 7: We do?
Speaker 3: Also also like a really like a green flag, Like I thought that was a really like mature, like grown.
Speaker 6: There kind of thing to do.
Speaker 3: So yeah, another positive with a moment from the date.
Speaker 2: Okay, is there anything you can think of that like an awkward moment or something like that that could have happened.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't, Like I said, my ego is just probably a little bit bruised by this.
Speaker 3: So I'm automatically looking at myself in the mirror being like, am I not.
Speaker 4: Cute enough for this guy? Or honestly, I'm like did my breath think a little like did I eat something stinky at dinner? Because it was like it was like a quick kiss. It wasn't like prolonged and drawn out, so I thought, oh god, what if.
Speaker 3: My mouth is stinky? For some reason?
Speaker 4: She could have been more passionate probably, I don't know, or like we talked about work.
Speaker 3: That was a good thing.
Speaker 4: He's got like a really great stable job in finance, and I'm a server right now. I mean, I do a lot of things, but I'm a server's sort of.
Speaker 3: My main source of income. And I wonder if maybe that was off putting to him.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure did he.
Speaker 1: Say anything when you told him that.
Speaker 4: No, he wasn't like overt me, like judgmental or anything. I mean, I mostly consider myself a creative, like I have like a multi hyphenate, like I have a lot of things that I do, So it's you know, I think I saw myself.
Speaker 3: Pretty well in that regard, and hopefully he wasn't like off put by. He seemed like supportive of it. He was like, oh, that's great, like seeing like that was admirable.
Speaker 4: For me to be, you know, juggling so many things at once and then being a server.
Speaker 3: So I was off with by it.
Speaker 6: He didn't, he didn't really let all.
Speaker 5: You know, maybe it was more like intimidation than a negative thing. You know, maybe it's just like, wow, she's creative and can do so many things.
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm so linear and whatever. I don't know if he is. I don't really know what he does, but.
Speaker 3: I don't know yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, I definitely ask him a lot of questions about it, Like I think, you know whatever, everybody's job is interesting.
Speaker 3: I like people are passionate about so. But then I'm also like, did I ask too many questions?
Speaker 6: You know what I like?
Speaker 3: And you know?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's see if we can figure it out for you so you can get out of your head on the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I get it though.
Speaker 2: We'll play a song come Back, and then call him and see if it tellus why is ghosting you, and maybe get you another date? Okay, okay, guys, thanks, all right, we'll play a song come back, get your first say, follow up the next right in the middle of your first day, follow up if you're just joining us. Alicia is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Jason. So we're about to call him and see if it tell us why he's ghostinger and hopefully get her another date if she wants one. But first, Alicia, why don't you catch us up on your situation?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I went out with this guy, Jason. We met on Hinge. We talked for a little bit before.
Speaker 4: I haven't heard from him in two weeks and I am totally spiraling about.
Speaker 3: We did kiss on the date, but it.
Speaker 4: Was brief and I wonder if my breath was stinky or if I was on the date.
Speaker 3: That's the recap.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Hi, maswek to Jason. Please. Yeah, this is hey Jason. How are you?
Speaker 2: My name is Jewbel. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called The Jebel Show.
Speaker 5: Hi, Jason, I'm Nina also on the show.
Speaker 1: Hi, and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, no, I know you guys. You why are you calling me?
Speaker 1: Sweet? We're calling you because somebody emailed us about you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I don't know if you know the segment we do, the first day follow up. That's where if you go out on a date with somebody and then end up ghosting them, they can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting? Okay, So is there anybody that you can think of that you're ghosting?
Speaker 3: I mean not really, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I mean, like, you know, online dating, it's like you have like seven conversations going, you know, and it's like kind of hard to remember sometimes, like who is.
Speaker 1: Somebody who actually went on a date with.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, you know, it's so rare that like you actually meet somebody on the apps that like is actually worth going out with. And so I don't always like get out on a date with somebody, So like, yeah, I don't really been on a lot of dates through HIMS. It's probably like one like lately.
Speaker 6: That I can remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it was a it was a Leisha Ye got it correct, That is it.
Speaker 2: That's who emailed us. She wasn't a wire ghostinger, she says. She tried to reach out to you a few times.
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, I mean I don't know, you know, like sometimes people are like really really good like communicating in one style and then not so good.
Speaker 3: And another one.
Speaker 8: You know, like all right, she's kind of a chat when you know what I mean, she's great, like great at chatting on the app, right, and like the conversation was super flirty and like, you know, it was like we were both like you know, never like leaving each other on red. Like there was a lot of just quick, quick back and forth.
Speaker 3: And it was going really good.
Speaker 8: And I don't know, like I mean I feel like the maybe that set things up a little like the bar a little bit too high because then like when we got in person, it wasn't as fun. But I mean, and that was okay, but like the real deal breaker was like she says she wanted a baby, and I am.
Speaker 1: Like so not ready for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 8: So we're sitting across from each other in the boots in the restaurant and she points over my shoulder and she goes, I want one of those so bad, And I turn over my shoulder and there is this like mom with like a toddler, like you know, she's like you know when it's says, and I'm just.
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, I feel like that's a little bit much on a first date. I think it's actually like I want one of those so bad.
Speaker 1: Put one in me right now.
Speaker 5: Oh I mean, I'm not saying put one in me right now, but I think it is important to have that conversation early on a date because that way you save each other time. If you're a hard no and she's a hard yes, Like why you even bother having a second date? This this ghosting makes sense then yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean's like I was totally going to take her back in my place, but like after like that happened, like I don't want to risk be hunting up father right now, so.
Speaker 3: Like that was great? Okay, Sorry, Hi Jason, Hi, it's really I need to arify something.
Speaker 2: Alicia is on the phone listening and wants to talk to you. If you haven't figured that out.
Speaker 3: Yet, yeah, of course you Okay, okay, Hi, Hello, I hope you're doing well. You Oh my gosh, I what are you talking about. I definitely do not want a baby. I did not mention that I wanted a baby on the date.
Speaker 7: Are you?
Speaker 3: I'm like crazy?
Speaker 8: You You pointed over my shoulders, said I want one of those so bad, and there was like a mom with her toddler sitting right mine.
Speaker 4: I said, no, I was pointing at the drink on somebody's table. I don't want a baby.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be weird if you did.
Speaker 3: But okay, are you serious? It wasn't. It wasn't the mom and the cooing baby behind us. No, it was the.
Speaker 4: Drink that was at the chief of some eur us. I'm so embarrassed that you thought I was talking about that on a first date.
Speaker 8: I mean I turned around and all I saw was mom and baby and like my, like my stomach dropped and then you're kidding me right, it was a cocktail.
Speaker 5: Be sure you don't want a baby, because you know, you see what you want to see and say what you want to say.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I definitely maybe was a little quiet on the first day.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I get service on first dates, but I definitely would not have pointed at a child said I want a baby.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, good, now that.
Speaker 2: We got that figured out, Jason, would you like another date with Alicia?
Speaker 1: Will pay for it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean like everything was pretty solid until that moment, and now that I know that, I completely missed that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that sounds great.
Speaker 8: God I am I am so sorry I didn't ask from what you were talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would.
Speaker 8: If you're down, I would love to take you out again.
Speaker 4: That that is completely okay, and I would love to go out with you again.
Speaker 3: Thanks for thanks for the second chance.
Speaker 6: And to be fair, I think.
Speaker 4: You also mentioned something about taking me home that night because I was listening to everything you said.
Speaker 6: So maybe you can make that.
Speaker 8: Now that I know where you stand on babies.
Speaker 3: You will's first date.
Speaker 8: The follow up