Speaker 1: Hi everyone.
Speaker 2: I'm joined this week by the incredible fashion designers Emily and Merritt, but I wanted to share our quick rapid round with all of you. They are truly the cutest. Full interview is out Friday. They are the greatest best friend duo ever and I'm very excited. I always like to close out with just some super quick rapid fire. Yeah answers that comes to your head, doesn't have to be one word, but whatever, okay, easy, what's one?
Speaker 1: I already know the answer to that, but I want to see it from right.
Speaker 2: What's one clothing item you're never going to get rid of ever?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Mine is my dad's blue belt denim jacket from like the fifties, I think he was. He got it when he was five or six, and he painted Fred Flintstone on the back of it. So it's like worth actually a lot of money because of what it done. It as his drawing on the back, which is ridiculous. But it's teeny and shrunken on me, and I'll just never get rid of it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love that. What about Oh god?
Speaker 3: I literally it's going to be done him.
Speaker 5: It's going to be like the peer I bought when I was fifteen years old in Berkeley when a vintage store that still brings me so much joy.
Speaker 2: Minds by like first Burken that I saved every dollar I had for you good like, but cried when I got it because it was like so much money that I was like, you've lost your fucking mind. Okay, favorite vintage store you name one? Oh gosh, anywhere in the world or country. That's like picking a kid.
Speaker 1: I know. That's why I'm asking, because it's.
Speaker 3: I'm an equal opportunity flea marketer.
Speaker 5: I yeah, whatever city I'm in, I like Long Beach, Pump Springs has a great flea market.
Speaker 3: There's Alameda County flea Market.
Speaker 1: You're still down? You still yeah? We know why I can't at you guys, because I just have too much shit.
Speaker 2: I will come home with half a closet a vintage like furs and jewelry, and I had to literally cut myself off, Like I had to literally stop just for space.
Speaker 1: Do you know how many times I've moved my arm literally that I can't. Okay, what inspires you the most? Merit? You're so cute?
Speaker 4: I mean it, she really does. She's got like resilience. And passion, and she's kind and I just I admire her so much.
Speaker 1: I love like to make me cry.
Speaker 2: Okay, younger solves you, guys, what would you tell your young selves like that, I'm going to say yourself that graduated college.
Speaker 1: What would you say to yourselves?
Speaker 4: I know, go ahead, mayor I thought you had an idea.
Speaker 5: Oh for myself, this is really I would say, schedule, prioritize, and I don't want to be reductive and say self care, but rest and health and fitness and wellness as part of like a job.
Speaker 3: Start from the beginning.
Speaker 1: Don't see fail right, wait until.
Speaker 5: You feel like crab or something forces you to from that age every day integrate something that makes you feel good, look good, be RESTful.
Speaker 1: Whatever I'm going to pay, I'm going to take that one. Yeah, that's a good one. Okay, I think mine is.
Speaker 4: And I talk about this a lot with even my daughter and like other friends. But you have to be okay with failing all the time, and you have to keep trying and you have to keep going. And we all, I know, we all talk about this, but we've had a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Not go the way they want.
Speaker 4: And how you charge forth from that and how you pick up from that is what defines you and what causes you to have success. There's, right, little micro failures every day.
Speaker 3: I'll make a call that doesn't.
Speaker 4: Get responded to or whatever, one hundred times a day. And yes, be okay with failure. I don't even know if failure is the right word, but being okay with no no, I know you wanted.
Speaker 1: It to be.
Speaker 2: It also goes along with rejection and all of that. It's I think it all falls under that all we need is another excuse to be hard on ourselves, right yeah, yes, So as you raise your kid, it's I think it's important to teach them that, Okay, suck Mary, kill God, oh god.
Speaker 1: Skinny jeans. You guys can answer this.
Speaker 5: What skinny jeans? Because I have some vintage guys that are skinny that I love. Okay, I don't, honestly, I love all jeans. I'm not going to say that there's anything in or out I have to.
Speaker 2: I love them all, okay, All right, skinny jeans, low rise jeans, barrel like jeans. Oh I'm not even giving VELLL bottoms because I'm wearing them till I'm dead, So I'm not.
Speaker 3: Me too, Me too, me too.
Speaker 4: Six four six is for life, low Rise depends, low rise, slouchy, fall off your body, low rise fuck for sure, but like low rise, like really tiny, stretched butterfly rhinestones on the pocket kill.
Speaker 1: So if there's a okay, okay, okay, what were those you guys again? That like you?
Speaker 3: It was like a two in, It was like a one in zipper that crack.
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 5: I'm sure everything from that era is already making its way back.
Speaker 1: I'm sure doesn't matter. Guys, Please tell me you're not doing it, And don't skinny.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I think I would marry a skinny. But it has to be like a vintage, right barrel. Barrel's like a tricky one. Barrel's a tricky one. We talk about it a lot, an authentic Western kind of barrel, bow leged. There's something there that has that harkens back to vintage, but there's also something new fangled about barrel that I'm still struggling with.
Speaker 3: So I'm in.
Speaker 2: I can't like cuten It. I'm just here to say I cannot like cuten It.
Speaker 1: I literally I can't, I doubt I can't.
Speaker 2: I just got asking you guys had doneham question would be like literally like get into your head. Okay, like it's like asking me about a caftan. Okay, up all night or up early.
Speaker 6: Early early, really really really yes, you guys, really okay, Okay, what's another career you would ever like to try?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I don't. I want to be a stylist again.
Speaker 2: Some days, God, I think about that sometimes, you guys. And then I have a little dabble last week and I.
Speaker 5: Was like, thank you, Rachel, tell her Mary remember the best part of that ex boyfriend called styling girl?
Speaker 1: Do I remind you?
Speaker 2: It really is like the ex boyfriend. Guys, I lived it. I lived, eat, sleep, breathe, like literally literally thought I was doing it till I was in a coffin. Honestly, I'm not. I so don't take it off the table.
Speaker 5: On some days, girls, I'm gonna I'm going to send a really heavy wrack to both your houses. And I have so many Oh you you have a fitting still got changed to four am last minute, and.
Speaker 2: The location change and to shoot another day and shoot night shoots and then take your kids to school.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the concept changes and the publicist has a really strong opinion. Okay, I only remember the good parts.
Speaker 3: Guys. Yeah, thanks Merret, thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, beauty tip that you live by.
Speaker 1: I already know your sly can't leave without a lip. I don't think.
Speaker 4: I wakes up in the morning, and that's saying that's my sivature beauty tip.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I have to tell you, guys, I'm I get an f on the beauty.
Speaker 1: I think it's hydration. I think you probably do a lot.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're right.
Speaker 1: Actually, I drink what I know you.
Speaker 3: I drink water and then yeah, the entire office.
Speaker 2: Combined, because I feel like you're not a high maintenance makeup person, but I feel like you're about like you have that athlete in you for life.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Good, that's very intuitive. You're right, You're right.
Speaker 1: Hydration Okay, I already know the answer to this.
Speaker 2: But heels are flats, Oh girl, flats obviously flats on.
Speaker 1: I knew that.
Speaker 3: And I used to feel all heels.
Speaker 1: I'm very to say.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to do feels at Merit was going to do flats.
Speaker 1: I did not expect.
Speaker 3: I owe them. They're beautifully displayed in my closet.
Speaker 4: I just don't do it anymore, mostly because I just I want to be comfortable at all times, because I feel confident.
Speaker 3: And sexy and stuff when i'm comfortable.
Speaker 2: But I used to that's beautiful, by the way, that's beautiful because that's not typical that you feel confident and beautiful when you're comfortable.