Speaker 1: Pee pee peen pe pe pen peen peen peen. Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of mctrendall's truck.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, yep, yeah, man backing it up for the King of America.
Speaker 1: That's right, Well, who was it who did Saudis? The Saudis made a mobile McDonald's for Big Man.
Speaker 2: There it sucks, I mean, it doesn't suck. Whatever. Yeah, it's just so it's great to be a person who gets to manipulate Donald Trump because you don't have to put zero effort into it.
Speaker 1: No, it's zero thought.
Speaker 2: Okay, a lot of money makes Donald's truck and then someone compliment him on how good his hair looks.
Speaker 1: That's it, swish. Well, his trip seems to be going well. All of US Americans are proudly watching on as he's overseas doing us proud by grifting the ship out of everyone for his personal gain. Oh yeah, and just my king, my king stays grinding miles. I don't know about yours, but my king stays grinding. My king is j dllon. He's dead, so no sorry sorry, but he.
Speaker 2: Then was like six hundred billion dollars blah blah blah. It's like no it's not six it's two hundred and eighty. Dude, stop just shut up. Like he was talking about a huge Saudi investment in like, you know, fucking I think just private sector investments. He's like, they're pledging six hundred billion dollars and then like it's it's not it's like not even half that. But go ahead, keep keep the deal.
Speaker 1: Anybody money if that entity is willing to help them wander other way, yeah, yeah, and help them launder their reputation anyway. Yeah, it's just being shameless and.
Speaker 2: Exactly, we're no expense, We'll spare no expense.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, he's also talking about medicaid pharma.
Speaker 2: Yeah he he like again, right now, we're in the we're in the midst of you know, the Republicans trying to get their fucking tax bill through, which means huge chunk of Medicaid is going to get absolutely ran over. And I think part of that is I think he's also while like that's happening in the news, Trump announced on fucking truth, like I think a Sunday goes prescription drug and pharmaceutical prices will be reduced almost immediately by thirty percent to eighty percent and you're like, oh, that, but does it have anything to do with everyone appearing for their lives because medicaid is about to go Yeah, probably prescription drugs and pharmaceuticals, just so you know, very different things apparently in his mind. But again he's just saying it's like an executive order, and many people rightly are pointing out They're like, I don't pretty sure you can't whatever if he knew the executive branch can just like really nearly just start regulating stuff. That's like Congress that does that, but doesn't matter to him. He's just gonna claim victory. And even the process for this is apparently OURFK has to concoct like the actual strategy to get prices to come down, and he needs that plan within thirty days. And then if that doesn't work, it's like it's so unspecific. You're like, and then what and then what if the companies don't And then wait, I thought you again, when Joe Biden was talking about people needed to fucking get their prices under control, you were calling that socialism, but then this is but you're gonna just straight up be like, I'm the president, you change your prices now, it's just all very strange, and he's like he's grazing up against a larger issue that is like, yeah, prescription drug costs are way too fucking hot, but can't fully go to the part of like, and we need to we need to rethink what the pharmaceutical industry is or how they make money, or the subsidies they get because a lot of their development comes from grants that go into medical research.
Speaker 1: So, but she's not fond of or not helping in any way.
Speaker 2: That's I think that's more of a bargaining tactic than anything with the folks that like, if you don't, I won't give you any money to come up with your drugs that you sell to us for way too much. Deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like any Like I've heard people who are like, maybe he'll like do something right by accident. Maybe he'll like do something that helps people by accident, just because he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. But he's around too many rich people. He just like only trusts what rich people tell him, and so the titans of these industries will not let him do anything good by accident. He's gonna it'll fuss.
Speaker 2: And he doesn't have a sincere bone in his body in terms of being generous, so like he won't even accidentally do it because it's like and what do I get? They're like, well, no, poor people will be able to afford healthcare, and you can prolong the lives of the American citizens.
Speaker 1: Right right, But even like chasing approval ratings, I feel like he's not gonna He's not gonna do it.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Willy nilly is was his official strategy for the first hundred days. Yes, exactly, Willy Nilly vanilly. Let's see. Uh, there there's the first image of the new Nicholas Cage John Madden film. Nicholas Cage is Madden, Christian Dale is Al Davis. Uh the image looks why, I mean, they look like those people.
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 1: First of all, I didn't even know.
Speaker 2: This was a movie.
Speaker 1: Like it seems weird to me that we're making a Madden movie. But when you look at the cast. Is David O. Russell directing and writing it? Uh? Nicholas, what's that filming?
Speaker 2: Do you think he'll lose it on them during the filming? Doesn't he lose it on set?
Speaker 1: Davidrus He lost it when he made iHeart Huckabees. He lost it on who was it with Lily Tomlin? Lily Tomlin, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, they were great. That one of the most bonkers. I mean it was he was completely out of his mind. It would appear right, So David Russell David Russell. John mulaney is Trip Hawkins, the Electronic arts founder who launched the perennial Madden video game. So it's gonna like take it all the way into the future. Catherine Han as Virginia Madden, Sienna Miller as Carol Davis. I guess the people.
Speaker 2: Look as good as the actors playing them. I can't imagine Sanna Miller, Catherine Han is Virginia Okay, okay, John Madden, Damn Son. Is this just about like I guess they're using this as an entry point to talk about the game that has more young people's attention than people who are like, wait, Madden's a guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I think that must be like a third act thing. I don't know, because he I mean, he was a famous football coach for a long time. He was famous for being like he hosted SNL in like eighty I think, wow, which is wild. Like, so he was like a famous you know. I guess he was like the Belichick of his day, but had a good personality, so people.
Speaker 2: Were scribble, love to scribble on the telestrater.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and say boom. But yeah, his his whole like fear of flying thing. I was like, maybe that's gonna be it, because he was like in some terrible plane crash or something at some point, but it's mainly he's like, no, I'm just like kind of claustrophobic, and some people I knew got into a plane crash. So I don't know if that how how that becomes. I'm curious to see what the what the pieces of this movie are, right, but I'm in. I'm interested. Color me interested.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey, look I love that Nicholas Cage trying to look like John Madden in the seventies makes him look like Eric Idyl from Monty Python and.
Speaker 1: For that kind of a puffy idol.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: More people are being detained at US airports now. Hassan Piker posted on Sunday telling his followers he'd been stopped by Customs and Border Protection and asked if he supported Hamas.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you do you materially support Jumas, are you do just hamas a terrorist organization or a political group? What are your beliefs? Bah blah blah blah blah. It was very apparently he was in there for a few hours as they just kept asking many questions just about what he thinks of Hamas.
Speaker 3: It sounds like Jesus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, that seems to be that they're coming for anybody who doesn't say who says stuff that they don't like.
Speaker 2: This said. He was talking to them, and I'm like, you don't, don't talk to the cops, don't talk to them.
Speaker 1: It was an insane situation. It's very obvious that they knew exactly who I was very obvious that they know how to navigate the conversation. And it was a really interesting conversation that took place. Who is this Trump? It was very cordial. I thought it was strange how cordial it was.
Speaker 2: That's the point. That's the fucking point. So you go, oh, yeah, it seems that they seem like on that. Okay, I'll say some things to them and.
Speaker 1: I just want to get home to watch Monday Night Raw. Yeah yeah, no you can, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Will keep so you did it right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Brendan, it's very like, I mean, look, every time we've had any kind of civil rights lawyer on alec Herriictsane is talking about copaganda.
Speaker 1: Just that's that's it.
Speaker 2: Every time they ask you questions, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. I need I need a lawyer. Bro, I'm not talking. I do not talk to the police.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Jesse Waters, the RFK swimming whole picture fallout continues with them just being like what clear?
Speaker 2: So this is absolutely I mean, this is such Fox News logic because that's how you can believe half the ship you believe. But again, he was swimming in Rock Creek and DC where they're like, do not swim in here. If we catch you, it's illegal because it's so laden with fecal bacteria and E. Colei than no human or animal, not even your pets. Just stay away. It's not worth it. There's sewage overflow. Here's Jesse Waters saying it's all good man, Jesse, would you film would you swim in a sewage filled creak? That cleek looks clean, it doesn't look like it's filled with sewage. And I have seen Pete Page actually swim Miles and miles uh in Esquito in the Hudson River, which like you can't even see through this, you can see right through. I think it's fine. Uh huh uh huh.
Speaker 1: So Pete hagg Seth. The first time we met Pete hagg Seth if I'm not mistaken, wasn't he on a Fox News show talking about how he doesn't wash his hands.
Speaker 2: Ever simes after no after using about him.
Speaker 1: Because that would be gay, I think was his He's like.
Speaker 2: That to watch something is like, there's nothing, there's nothing dirty about what I touched.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that I got some weird ass child too. Yeah. They seem to not believe in anything that they can't see aka germ theory.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yah yeah, all of them, all of them, all of them. It's of course. I mean I also just like the thing where he's like, and it's okay because I saw Pete Hegseth in the Hudson in a speedo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, precedent weirdtail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's just yeah, because I can't see the microscopic pathogens, there is no risk.
Speaker 1: Also, that creek looked like shit by the way it does look pretty brown as the.
Speaker 2: And also look at it had that like algae that feels all slick, like when you're like, yeah, that dude, we're not doing this. And I and while I get that, like people have swam in shit water and been okay, every modern Olympics open swimming event ever swimming. Yeah, that doesn't mean that people generally don't want to expose themselves to pathogens. You call me soft dude, and I will, and you know I will, and you have and you do rfk Juner, by the way, has recently said I don't think people should be taking medical advice from me. That is, if you had a child today, would you vaccinate? So somebody asked Kennedy, if you had a child today, would you vaccinate that child for measles? And Kennedy said, probably for measles. What I would say is my opinions about vaccines are irrelevant. Oh my god, that's.
Speaker 1: The head of America's health care.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to seem like I am being evasive, but I don't think people should be taking medical advice from me, he added, reiterating his stance when pressed further.
Speaker 2: Okay, yet, you are the person who sets the agenda for fucking health care and medical What do.
Speaker 1: You explicitly based on your beliefs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this fucking the brainworm, the heroine, the rain, the whale juice, it's all come together to make it just such a level of confidence we've never seen.
Speaker 1: And personally, I'm a big fan that he used to do heroin. You know, he's uh, he tried it. You know, he can speak to it and say, guys, this is not the way for a healthy day.
Speaker 2: Be one of those cool former heroin addicts, like be a comedian or a jazz saxophonist. Right, try and be a doctor.
Speaker 1: That's right. Anyways, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back, man.
Speaker 1: Before we start recording, you were doing your Eric Adams and it reminded me to go rewatch the video of him searching a child's bedroom.
Speaker 2: Oh right, it's because I think Brian was saying how they couldn't have lockers in high school because that's where the kids are putting drugs. And then I was like, oh, children put their drugs in the locker, and that's you can find all kinds of things.
Speaker 1: Like the video is so incredible, Like it's really like one of the great comedic videos that just had was not intentionally funny.
Speaker 2: Disqualifying to be in any kind of leadership role.
Speaker 1: It's disqualifying and also so funny, like just fucking bars. Every moment of it is. He's like, and then you feel the you can feel see this, this pillow has a button on it and I just passed my hands over it and felt a little something bumpy, and there whila, and pulls out a handgun that's like a snubnosed pistol from like a nineteen eighties cop movie thirty eight special Baby thirty eight thirty eight Special, out of a child's pillow.
Speaker 2: I would put that there.
Speaker 4: That's what they will hide, the pistol, so when they lay their head at night, they might blow their top off with an errant trigger release.
Speaker 2: Who knows. And when you hear that there's only one rules.
Speaker 4: Yeah less, that's what the.
Speaker 2: Fucking boy Eric, Thank you for fucking spitting that truth. That spit that hydro ghetto ship.
Speaker 1: Just like that is how he's going through life, is just looking at every child as a potential. He also like pulls out a bag of cocaine that would be worth like three thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, modern for cocaine.
Speaker 4: Inside of book. Take this child's birth certificate framed. Now you put it over, loose bullets come out.
Speaker 1: He's just he's encouraging you to turn your child's bedroom over, like uh, you know, the mafia searching through someone's house like in a in a like.
Speaker 2: They're an inmate. Yeah, you know what I mean, they're doing it.
Speaker 1: They're just gonna want to go in the couch cushion and knife it to make sure there's not any contraband in there.
Speaker 2: What's he? And now I'm like, here's what's his latest headline with that? We haven't i mean ever since he got off. Let's see the New York Times. This is the headline, Why did Eric Adams have so many cell phones?
Speaker 1: Holly? Perfectly good reasons. Yeah, kept losing, you know, all right? Uh what else we got? Con? So there's a big story that I keep seeing about CON cracking down on red carpet nudity and puffy dresses. They changed their dress code to uh focus on in accordance with institutional framework of the event and French law, you'll no longer be allowed to have nudity or big, big, expressively excessively voluminous clothing wow, which I don't care. But it's also like there's a headline on the front page of Drudge that's like halle Berry like has to cover up after latest con cover up.
Speaker 2: She's covered up to her neck.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and then you go there and it's she found her. So this is the Variety article found herself in a bit of a pickle. She opened up about the last minute switch to Variety. I had an amazing dress by a Gupta that I cannot wear tonight because it's too big of a train. So it's just the excessive voluminosity. And but people are making it sound like she was trying to go naked on the red carpet. So this whole story just seems like I don't know what America has and said, you know how UK papers have just like that second page where there's nudity on the tabloids. I feel like this is what our tabloids have instead, where they're like, well you can imagine if she was naked though, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, I mean check out this, check out this fucking.
Speaker 1: That'd be crazy, right you think about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good for them.
Speaker 1: I heard for them.
Speaker 2: Good. Great. I'm just like, because I also looked, I'm like, do they have a puffy dress thing? And I just did a like a Google image search for a can nippuffy gases, and yeah, I get it. Some people are pulling up in some extra large fucking dresses. But it's a red carpet. So I'm like, what is your fucking problem? I like, yeah, isn't this like I guess maybe that's where they're sort of they're like it's becoming too much of like a show out.
Speaker 1: Too much about the fashion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and it needs to be more about the movies.
Speaker 1: But just being like the dresses are too big. I feel like it was just like somebody who like sat next to someone in a big dress and like this was annoying.
Speaker 2: Well, part of me was like, okay, what black actress wore a big dress? And they're trying to be like we need to dial this back now, Okay, you had your little fun Look who.
Speaker 1: Was affected immediately? Halle Berry?
Speaker 2: I know that's almost like why are they calling halle Berry out? Immediately? That dress wasn't even like history onic like some of these other dresses people are pulling. Well, this was that dress.
Speaker 1: Was what she changed too after having last minute audible because their previous dress was too voluminous. Whereas Drudge put it, new con dress code forces halle Berry to cut up what all right?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 1: Fuck you cover up the fact that she almost had a train on her dress. Anyways, it's it's take news, take news.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess the things coming out of France or French film. They Gerard dip part due. Didn't you get just get convicted? Yeah if the're just found guilty of like predatory, I don't like serial assault.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, real predatory shit.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: And finally, uh, the Oklahoma Education system is saying students must identify twenty twenty election discrepancies. So the students must quote identified discrepancies in twenty twenty election results by looking at grafts and other information including the sudden halt, the sudden halting of ballot counting and select cities and in key battleground states, the security risks of mail in balloting, sudden batch dumps, an unforeseen record number of voters, and the unprecedented contradiction of bell Weather County trends. So they're basically encoding the big lie into act. The actual education sys.
Speaker 2: Right, part of me would feel a little more scared if I didn't realize how first of all boring, this like weird version of revision, this history is, you know where it's like they need to look at graphs and spot discrete Like what the fuck it's it's more like cynical when they're like, and the Civil War was fought over an economic disagreement. That's like so simple and completely changes how a kid looks at the world. Then being like, okay, kid, it's time to do our twenty twenty election results graph analysis and bro get the they're watching Italian brain rot content on TikTok. They're talking about Bombardillo crocodio right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, is that, by the way, I keep seeing that, Oh yeah, you're that's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: This Italian brain rot ship that all these it's like it's just it's what three people.
Speaker 1: Boom or tum tum tum tum tum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah aha. Twenty twenty election graph analysis.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: The Bell Weather Counties we don't even have, like we're not even teaching civics, so how are they going to even make sense of stuff? Like, yeah, Bell's County This doesn't even seem like a thing you would learn in school. It's not like you like look at voter trends from recent elections in school and and be like was this a fair election or it? You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what are they gonna do?
Speaker 2: They're like follow the graph and it's right here at this moment here where tabulation stop in these bell that the steal was on. And then what does that do prepare you for the to be a pole watcher for the the actual ringed elections that are happening.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not great. I will say it's not.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm not saying it's fine. The kids don't give a shit, but like, it's so like it's the dumbest version of this I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: It all seems like it seems like it's all happening because everybody's looking to fight and a new and innovative way to kiss Donald Trump's ass, you know. And so that's that's where this is all coming from. How do I get attention? Like so he says my name, because that's like going to make my career in shitty conservative political service.
Speaker 2: I'm just like trying to what a He's like, I don't under I just don't understand even how they think this helps. Again, you're right, it's really not about what these kids are learning. It's just to be like, look what I did, sir.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, look at that. Stop the steal, indeed, sir.
Speaker 2: Making them dumber for you, sir, yes, sir.
Speaker 1: All right. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, May fourteenth. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines, whay you still can't get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye. The Daily Zeit Guys his executive produce by Catherine Law, co produced by Bee Wage, co produced by Victor Wright, co written by j M McNabb, and edited and engineered by Brian Jefferies.