Speaker 1: Hey, guys, Saga and Crystal here.
Speaker 2: Independent media just played a truly massive role in this election, and we are so excited about what that means for the future of this show.
Speaker 1: This is the only place where you can find honest perspectives from the left and the right that simply does not exist anywhere else.
Speaker 2: So if that is something that's important to you, please go to Breakingpoints dot com. Become a member today and you'll get access to our full shows, unedited, ad free, and all put together for you every morning in your inbox.
Speaker 1: We need your help to build the future of independent news media and we hope to see you at Breakingpoints dot com.
Speaker 3: Happy Friday, everybody, Emily, great to see you.
Speaker 4: Great to see you.
Speaker 5: Were waiting on Ryan Grimm, but he should pop up shortly.
Speaker 2: He'll make his grand entrance any moment. Now. You already made this joke. What are we going to talk about today? Just how you know that it's brilliant and original. We missed you yesterday when Ryan and I did our Breaking News, So I'm excited to get your thoughts on this whole elon Trump meltdown debacle. I mean, what are your top line, what are your reflections on what's unfolded thus far.
Speaker 4: So this is I was wrong.
Speaker 5: I said on the show many many times that I expected not a massive explosion in the relationship. But what we saw literally until yesterday is what I thought was the likeliest scenario, which is that it would be a slow disentangling where everyone can save face because they both are very powerful and both have so much to lose. Ye. Now, what's interesting I think is all of this happened after Elon Musk came out and said he's done with political donations, and so I think the transactionality of the relationship was really hurt by the Wisconsin election that we covered, and was really hurt by Elon Musk saying he can't He's not even going to donate, and that I think made it easier for everything to ultimately blow up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that changed the calculation on the on Trump's part at least, and then Elon's calculation seemed to be changed somewhat by Trump pulling the plug on his NASA pick. Because when Elon couldn't have his guy at NASA to shepherd through his SpaceX contracts and whatever to fulfill his Grand Mars ambitions, that seemed to have somewhat changed his calculus.
Speaker 3: Hey Ryan, how's it going pretty good?
Speaker 4: How you doing good?
Speaker 2: So we're gonna I have like one million elements pulled on Elon versus Trump to go through just things that transpired since Ryan and I did our breaking segment yesterday. We also have media Benjamin from Code Pink, who's going to join Legendary Activists. They just did an action with at ruppers out of Randy Fines's office. He's the one who called for Gaza to be nuked, so always really inspiring. Great to talk to her, so she's going to join. That'll probably be all we get through for the free show for premium subscribers. We've got some more stuff we're going to jump into. There's Zoron continuing to get asked his thoughts on Israel, which is that's interesting and of itself. We've got the KJPE stuff that we didn't get to in yesterday's show because there was too much other stuff to get to. So we've got a few other things, and we'll take some questions from premium subscribers. If you guys want to become a premium subscriber. We have brought back the monthly membership and if you use the code BP free, you can get a free month, so you can try out this lovely product that we are offering, and Ryan won't have to do any embarrassing ad rays which he has decided to make a threat for the audience to coerce them into.
Speaker 3: You do agree doing.
Speaker 6: That, You do not want to be doing that. And in the back half of the show, we can also talk about something I just broke, which is that next week the House is planning to vote on a resolution that would deem the phrase free Palestine to be quote an anti Semitic slogan.
Speaker 3: Jesus.
Speaker 6: They've tucked it into a resolution that condemns the Colorado terrorist attack in Boulder. But if you vote for that to condemn that attack, you're voting for language that says that Palestine as an anti Semitic slogan that calls for the discussion of Jewish people.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is so devious. To put those two things together is so just incredibly devious.
Speaker 5: All Right.
Speaker 3: I struggled with how to start.
Speaker 2: The Elon Trump feud portion, so I thought we would start with, you know, the absolute most important news here, which is that Elon Musk has unsubscribed and unfollowed cat Tured.
Speaker 3: You know, it's truly an end of an era.
Speaker 6: Why did he do this? He's going to miss out on all of these insights.
Speaker 2: I mean, Catured will still probably be in his feed, but depending on I guess how Elon rearranges the algorithm now for this new era.
Speaker 3: But it is pretty funny, he says.
Speaker 2: Catured says breaking Elon Musk has unsubscribed and unfollowed me. Alex Jones says he's not in my Trump cult. Many large influencer accounts desperately tried to stay neutral today. I've never changed in years. If you want to criticize Trump's bill, no problem. If you don't like Trump's policies, no problem. I'm okay with that. If you don't like Trump's tariffs, I'll listen to yourself. But when you come out and call Trump a pedophile, that's when you've crossed a red line. Don't care about anything you have to say after that, Emily.
Speaker 5: First of all, it was for Elon Musk, Like it started to be clear. Elon Musk started this by saying that tweet he posted, what was it Monday or Tuesday? He posted one saying I can't hold it in any longer.
Speaker 4: The bill is abominable. What did you call it? A bominable? A disgrace?
Speaker 5: And that was I mean before his criticism of the bill had been muted, and I would say civil and polite, And then he posted that and they could no longer do this dance pretending that they were all on the same page and it was just a happy marriage. So to go from that, I mean, this is not zero to one hundred, This is zero to one thousand.
Speaker 4: To your in the.
Speaker 5: Epstein files, Musk created a problem for himself, which is basically, I helped elect a guy in the Epstein files, despite apparently being really serious about him, said that I loved him as much as any straight man could love another man, and then working for his administration just it creates a problem for himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, no doubt about it. I'll pull this up. So there's some reporting. It's been kind of interesting Trump's response because Elon has gone as scorched earth as you possibly can, right, bringing in Epstein saying you only won the election because of me, which is another admission, right that this richest man on the planet believes that he was able to successfully buy the presidency of the United States is like also an extraordinary admission there. So he has gone as scorched earth as he possibly can. And my senses, Trump has been somewhat restrained, Like he definitely has not gone as hard in response as Elon has. Now, maybe that's because Trump has a lot more than just rhetorical arrows that he could shoot at Elon, right he you know, he threatened Elon's government subsidies for and you know, contracts for SpaceX, which would be really damaging for now, we really rely on SpaceX, both in terms of starlink and in terms of you know, the International Space Station all this stuff, which again is another commentary on how much this one guy and this gigantic monopoly, like how dependent as a country you've become on you know, this monopoly. But Trump has the power to pull those contracts to investigate Elon ban and I've got all of a bunch of clips from him calling for Elon to be investigated and you know deported for his you know, entering the country and of false pretensers O're staying his visa or whatever, the immigration fraud allegedly as with regard to him. So maybe the reason why Trump rhetorically has been a little bit uh muted, is because he has so much more that he can actually do to Elon's so much more halfed really ultimately than Elon has and on the screen.
Speaker 5: These are the two true social posts that Trump has. And he was responding to reporters yesterday too, but these are the two true social posts he's posted so far. Elon I think is up to dozens, like he's in the dozens. Oh yeah, of course of the week I think politically, yeah, like seventy and that was before yesterday, So it's.
Speaker 3: Which is actually a diminished pace on for Elon.
Speaker 5: But yes, no, just on Trump is what they counted, Yeah, which is something else.
Speaker 2: Ryan, There was Politico reporting that there was a possible daytonte. Signs of a truce are aberging and increasingly bitter clash. Trump projected an Arab nonchalance in an interview Thursday with Politico. White House aids, after working to persuade the President to temper his public criticism of Musk to avoid escalation, scheduled a call Friday with Elon to broker a piece. Oh it's okay, Trump told Politico in a brief telephone call when asked about the very public breakup, It's going very well. Never done better. Trump went on to toubt his favorability rating, saying, the numbers are through the roof of the highest poles I've ever had, and I and I have to go. But this morning we have reporting from Jonathan and Carl saying that no, there is no phone call planned. Let me see if I can pull this one up as well, so we can see it in a phone conversation. This morning, Trump told me Elon Musk is the man who has lost his mind. Trump did not, however, seem angry or even concerned about the few deus who reports there's going to be a Trump Musk call schedule for today. Trump told me he is not particularly interested in talking to Musk, although he says Musk wants to talk to him, which, if true, is you know, interesting dynamic.
Speaker 3: There as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it shows Trump very much believes that he's winning this breakup and also understood that Elon was becoming quite a drag on him, and that the louder he breaks up with him, the less that that drag affects him going forward.
Speaker 2: You know not, and the more he can blame anything bad that happens is in his administration on Elon screwing.
Speaker 6: Up with those Yes, right, you certainly you literally could. Although it's it's tough because it's like people are gonna be like, well, who hired Elon in the first place? But yeah, he he loves to like blame you know, John Bolton or whoever, and and talk about them as the biggest morons that have ever existed without even like bothering to reconcile the the question of well, then why should we trust your one that brought this moron in here in the first place? But whatever? Carry on? Uh, I wonder if this uh you know, there's a lot of glee on the left about this, But is is is now the kind of Stephen Miller wing just kind of completely unshackled, Like was there any useful moderating force that Musk might have been playing? Emily, you think that now isn't being played?
Speaker 5: No, I don't think so, And I don't think well because we should.
Speaker 6: Just have glee.
Speaker 5: I can't think of a way in which Elon Musk would have been a moderating force unless it was just purely on climate related provisions, like if you're disentangling build back better or something like that, but I don't even know that there's much evidence he was doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't see any indication that there was holding back on that. I mean, I guess the area I would say is maybe like on the tariffs, not Elon specifically, but having the like tech right in the coalition. But it seems to me like the moderating factor on the tariffs is more the bond market than it was you know.
Speaker 6: Target CEO.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Sovarro.
Speaker 5: Immediately attacked Elon Musk over the tariff thing, and like was talking about how he's just an assembler and not a manufacturer. So I think they were less less listening to Musk and it was more Trump peering from who was in the Oval office or no, he watched Jamie Diamond on Morgan Mornings with Maria, that's.
Speaker 4: Right, and had Charles Schwab.
Speaker 2: Right in the hell of a day. Yeah, no, that's right. I mean, there's so many interesting aspects of this. There's also everybody's waiting for what Jade Vance was going to say, who was apparently recording a podcast with the Ovon which is going to be interesting as well. And Vance finally weighed in with kind of a it was kind of like a weird I don't know, what do you guys think of this tweet? He says at ten thirty pm. Right, so this is hours after the Internet has had everything to say about this dispute, and there's been so much back and forth in Epstein and you should be impeached. And one of the things that Elon said is that Trump should be impeached and Jade Vance replace him. And so this is what Jadie Vance said. He said, President Trump has done more than any person in my lifetime to earn the trust of the movement. He leads, I'm proud to stand beside him. I don't know what did you guys think of this INSERTI because I mean, part of the reason why there's intrigue around Jadie Vance is he's on the ticket because of Elon and Peter tile and the tech right Like he is Peter Teel's protege. Peter Teel funded his seate campaign and you know, funded his career, and that is really the reason why he ends up being the vice presidential pick. So everyone's kind of watching, like, all right, who's whose side side are you going to be on? How are you going to play this out because the the assumption was that he's there to be kind of their inside man and to make it so that after Trump leaves, they get their guy in the White House or at least as the Republican nominee after you know, after Trump is done.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: The thing that stood out to me in that and Ryan, I'm curious because you like literally written books about this on the left, but on the right. When jd Vance says to earn the trust, that to me was reflective of some type of I think small, not significant, but some type of concern that Elon Musk could split the MAGA movement. And what Jadvance was signaling there is continue to trust Trump right quote unquote trust Trump, and that to me is very interesting that they are worried that maybe some people peel off and go with Elon. I think what we saw happen over the course of the day yesterday is basically it looked like Trump people were with Trump. They were there for Trump first and foremost, but there it seemed like there may have been some anxiety about where the Doge Bros Elon people go.
Speaker 6: Ultimately, the complicating factor in all this is that you know, Donald Trump Junior played a significant role in lobbying his father to put JD. Vance on the ticket. So, but that that's and that's related to Donald Trump Junior's, you know, dalliance with all of these you know, oligarchs, as the family is trying to kind of take what it sees is it's rightful place alongside the rest of these these oligarchs. And so there's that, there is that link. So it's in an unusual way and in a in a kind of aristocratic way, you know, brought together, you know, the families bring bring them together. So I do think that, yeah, what Jade Vance is reflecting is the same thing that that Trump was seeing, that that he's winning this that even though Elon Musk is you know, buying ink by the barrel. Uh, even even though he's got this like army of sycophants out on Twitter who he pays to say nice things about him, Trump is still Trump, and Trump still captures the respect and the imagination of the MAGA movement. And so far I don't see it. You know that the big beautiful Bill may fall apart for other reasons, but so far it doesn't. Even though this whole fight was about that, it doesn't seem, at least from my perspective, to be doing any real damage to it. Emily, Or are you seeing people saying like, oh, we need to revisit this in the light of Musk's criticism.
Speaker 4: No, it's the opposite, truly, it's so imposite.
Speaker 5: There was all of this momentum before Elon went nuclear on BBB that it was putting the screws to leadership and actually terrifying them, like they were freaked out about this bill crashing and burning, which again we've talked about many times. They need this from their perspective, it's not like an optional part of them having done all of these tariffs.
Speaker 4: It's a necessary part of it.
Speaker 5: They didn't think it would be a problem, and they were getting rand Paul Ron Johnson, potentially Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, but even just having rand Ron Johnson, potentially Mike Lee who had been interacting with Elon Musk sort of civilly. So they were having real problems with this, And now what happens is Elon Musk has for MAGA. If you're worried about getting re elected by Republican voters and particularly hardcore MAGA voters, Elon Musk has made it Trump versus this disloyal oligarch. I'm not saying that's the right framing, but I'm saying that's the framing that MAGA is going to see it through now. And so it actually is going to make it easier for leadership to get a deal because now they have more leverage in that. If you're Mike Lee or if you are Ron Johnson, you don't want to look like you are taking Elon Musk's side in all of this. And so I think there's still going to be significant corrections to the bill. I shouldn't say corrections, that's the wrong word, but like corrections in their direction.
Speaker 4: They want to make more cuts. I think they're going to get that.
Speaker 5: But it's made it easier for leadership to get from point A to point B for sure, because now part of the leverage they have is you look disloyal, You look like you're signing with Elon. If you continue to publicly make all of the create this public movement, this public campaign against BBB, you look like you're siding with Elon Musk over Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what some of the MAGA people, including I don't know if Steve Bannon has come out and said this, but allude to the fact that basically their view is Elon is effectively trying to effectuate some sort of a coup, you know. I mean, and look fair enough when he's tweeting like impeach the guy and put it install Janie Vans instead, like he's kind of announcing his intentions there. So fair, But you know, Bannon is going all in, going very hard in the paint in ways that I really can't particularly disagree with. So let's go ahead and take a listen to a little bit of what he's been saying Trump should do in response to these books by Elon.
Speaker 7: He's a no at all. He knows some engineering, don't get me wrong. I give ahead tip for that, but he doesn't know anything about the real world.
Speaker 8: Doge was for any boys this exist, Well, you're wrapping up in your cape tonight.
Speaker 7: Understand on Doge, he didn't And any fraud. There's plenty of fraud out there in front.
Speaker 8: This is President Trump's first complaint was this all bs right with the with with the Doge?
Speaker 7: The action should that President Trump should be taking immediately.
Speaker 8: I think when he threatens to take one of the big programs out of SpaceX. President Trump tonight should sign an executive order calling for the Defensive Production Act to be called in SpaceX and sees SpaceX tonight before midnight.
Speaker 2: Sees SpaceX tonight before midnight. And look, I think SpaceX should be nationalized because.
Speaker 3: It really does.
Speaker 2: This whole situation really does illustrate two things. Number one, the fact that you have Trump operating like this, you know, benana republic dictator who will pull your contracts if you disobey him, and you know, weaponizing the federal government. Everyone just like accepts that's the way he's operating. But number two, that you have this oligarch who runs this monopoly that our country in significant ways actually truly is dependent on. So ban and identify, you know, pretty instinctively what even though Trump has a much stronger hand to play here, that there are weaknesses that Musk is you know, is in position to exploit because of having this gigantic monopoly that is so significant in terms of you know, communications with the satellites, with the space program. And so he's saying, listen, you can't let him, you can't let him continue to have these choice because he will use them against you. You got to pull the pin on this right away tonight.
Speaker 5: So that's why I also, well, I was gonna say that's why I also predicted a more muted divorce. I mean, I agreed with everyone that a divorce was coming, but like, the stakes here unbelievable. And I think that's why Politico is reporting that they have a call scheduled for today because you know, despite this kinetic breakup is kinetic like war that we're they're in right now, they have so both of them have so much on the line to be throwing accusations about Epstein on the internet at each other like a bunch of teenage boys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to be Starlink is the one that is the real threat to sovereignty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, agreed like that, Well, think.
Speaker 6: Of what how he used it communication.
Speaker 3: Think of how he used it with Ukraine.
Speaker 2: Like, regardless of what you think about you know, the Ukraine Warren, whether it was sorry decision or not, he was like, I don't want you attacking Crimea, so you are not going to have access to starlink in Crimea and the Ukrainians really significantly depend on Starlink for comms, and you know, like it's I saw a stat I think something like ninety percent of the weight that's been shot up into space via you know, satellites has come from SpaceX. They have really taken the lead in terms of, you know, we've we decided and this was really a kind of Obama error decision to outsource our own capacity, our own space capacity, to the private sector, and Elon has become the primary you know, beneficiary and contractor in that world. And so you know, that's not only these whimsical flights of fantasy in terms of We're going to colonize Mars, but more immediately, it is that that like communications backbone that is incredibly important and he right now has control over. So Bannon, you know, immediately is like you got to you got to do something about this because this is a weakness that he could exploit.
Speaker 6: Although if the US is going to start nationalizing companies, I think they've first they've got to win the confidence of the American people that they can actually run them. First, you got to like get your air traffic controler towers working, like the do the basic stuff that we could do in the nineteen seventies, yeah, effectively, and then we'll talk about going to space again.
Speaker 2: I have some more Bannon here for us to react to, because I do think the things he has to say are pretty interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, let me go ahead and put this out.
Speaker 2: But he's, you know, and he's been critical of Elon the whole time, and at times pretty viciously critical of Elon because Elon is this, you know, has this like, in my opinion, evil transm like anti human ideology that you know, Bannon also sees that way. In any case, let's take a listen to how he talks about this dispute.
Speaker 7: Elon Musk is working for himself.
Speaker 8: President Trump empowered him more than anyone's ever been empowered in this government, had his back, promoted this guy. And when people like me who said you're making a mistake, right, this is a bad guy. He's going to turn on you. He's not with us. He's also totally incompetent. And President Trump said, hey, give this guy a shot. And I trust President Trump's judgment and often say, as people know, I backed off a little, right now, if I packed off a little, but.
Speaker 7: It's not about observation.
Speaker 8: As soon as he didn't think he ran the deal or got the adoration right that he was starting to be saying, where's.
Speaker 7: The tree in dollars? Right? He turned on President Trump, but most importantly he turned on the country and the American people.
Speaker 8: And President Trump just had enough of it now and he forced his way back in to have like some last day.
Speaker 7: They didn't want to do that, but fine.
Speaker 8: And then as soon as President Trump comes out today and President Trump saying it in the nicest way possible about right the bill, but being banged back, the guy gets up and start the most vicious stuff you could tweet.
Speaker 7: So all the fanboys defend this.
Speaker 8: He accused President Trump and basically being to a group with those of pedophiles on the island. He called for he called for the president to be impeached and JD.
Speaker 7: Vance to take his role.
Speaker 8: As hard as we've worked in all the years that we've walked in, this audience's works on. Punk is going to sit there and go he's always should be impeached. And hey, as sure as the turning of the earth, if those progressors rub up on him and say, hey, they're never gonna buy the they're never going to buy the Tesla's where they're going to buy the Tesla's they rub up on him, He'll write a five hundred million dollar check for a king Jefferies. He'll be across the thing looking to impeach President Trump, looking to help steal the twenty eight election.
Speaker 7: Look into a prison President Trump. So here's my point, let's get ahead of it.
Speaker 2: So those progresses, Ryan, they rub up on him. He'll be there with his five don't and they're already rubbing up on him.
Speaker 3: Glacias. Yeah, Rocanna out there ready to rub up on him.
Speaker 6: So and he's he's saying, you might get ahead of it. Then he says, he says, we should deport him and see his companies. I mean, Bannon does not play around. He's he's laying down. He's laying down a marker.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And yesterday I was saying that there was this he was on stage where somebody on stage with him like joked or admitted that they kind of like came in illegally. That was with his brother apparently, and his he told his brother like, what are you doing?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 6: Like it's not cool to like admit to that. So yeah, like Steve, Steve Miller is looking through the file as we speak, no doubt about it. And there's no question Miller has ordered up a has requested, like, let me take a closer look at that file. Was he going to do anything with it?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Is he looking? You better believe it.
Speaker 3: Huh. Yeah, here's the what you're referring to.
Speaker 2: Bannon says they should initiate a formal investigation of Elon's immigration status. I am of the strong belief he's an illegal alien. He should be deported from the country immediately, he said in a phone interview. Bannon said the Trump administration should also investigate Musk's drug use and his effort to get a classified briefing on China from the Pentagon, which was reported by The Times. Bannon said musks security clearance should be suspended during those investigations. And you know the other thing that I was thinking about, and I saw an article this morning that the Doge boys are kind of freaking out about what their status is going to be in the government now because Elon does.
Speaker 6: Have in all of I feel sorry for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big balls, it's all on the line. But Elon does have this like hand picked cadre of loyalists who are now installed in key positions all throughout the government, sleeper cells, deep State, United way.
Speaker 3: Throughout the government.
Speaker 2: Who I mean, we're joking, but these are people who have explicitly when they came in, they aggressively sought access to these incredibly sensitive systems, and we have very little insight or transparency into who they are, where they are, what they've been doing, what they have access to, et cetera. So, I mean, that is another thing that Elon potentially has because those are people who, you know, most of the installed you know, the people have been installed in the Trump administration, most of them are Trump loyalists, but these ones were picked to be Elon loyalists, and they are now like you know, embedded throughout key infrastructure in the government.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And but just a couple of weeks ago, Elon must said Doze is now a way of life. When he was leaving, he said that dose is now a way of life in the government and.
Speaker 4: That it's so what are these people's jobs?
Speaker 5: Right, Because basically there was this idea that it was DOJE was gonna kind of be under the direction of russ vote, but it wasn't really going to be doged so much as it was going to be just an administration wide effort to make significant cuts to the administrative agencies while they have the power of the executive and to try to thwart those agencies from ever regenerating to.
Speaker 4: Their previous size.
Speaker 5: If you know, there's not a Republican president in the next four years whatever, So what are their jobs now because they actually do work for the government.
Speaker 4: Are there going to be a wave of people? Is there going to be a wave of people who moved to Washington, d c.
Speaker 5: From wherever they were Silicon Valleys previously?
Speaker 4: Where do they end up?
Speaker 5: I mean, are they just going to quit or are they going to cooperate with, for example, the efforts at the State Department, which now oversees USAID to keep.
Speaker 4: Working to figure out what that looks like in the future. I don't know. I don't think we have a good answer to that question.
Speaker 5: And some of it may be hinging on the call that Trump and mustcap today.
Speaker 2: Well if they have, I mean, Trump is saying that's not happening, yeah, but who knows, he could be lying.
Speaker 3: We don't know what he said.
Speaker 4: The hijin ping call was yeah, I don't know what goes on.
Speaker 3: Who knows? I will say.
Speaker 2: Also Elon was sort of backing off some online too, you know, some like small full one hundred follower account or whatever, was like, you guys are both better than this, and Elon was like, you're right, I'm not going to decommission the Dragon space grubbage for the one that, like, you know, we use for the International Space Station. I think that's the one or whatever. But in any case, so he was also trying to somewhat moderate, so maybe there's some sort of reconciliation. I'll just say Media Benjamin is waiting to get in, so we'll go ahead and move on to to talk to her about their activism. But I'll just say, neither of these men are known for like discipline or self restraint, even that even when it would be in their potential best interest. So you know, I would fully personally, I would fully expect, even if there is a bit of a like calmbing of the waters for the moment and a bit of a Dayton, that there could be renewed flare ups at any point in time.
Speaker 3: Because that's just who these who these guys are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's right.
Speaker 2: All right, let me go ahead and welcome media in here. Hi, Medea, how are you?
Speaker 9: Good morning? I'm good, Thank you morning.
Speaker 3: Nice to see you you know Ryan and Emily.
Speaker 9: Of course, yes, hello Ryan, Emily.
Speaker 5: Can I tell a quick story Crystal before we dive in, Yes, of course, so media. When I was in college, I was an intern at the American Enterprise Institute, and we used to have I.
Speaker 4: Used to I used to have to work the desk. So I used to have to work the desk to take phone calls. And there was a.
Speaker 5: Sticker of people not to let into a e I and your name was on.
Speaker 3: It, Yes, absolute badge of honor.
Speaker 6: Who else was on there?
Speaker 5: I don't remember, I don't remember. I think it was like a handful of code pink people.
Speaker 3: So awesome.
Speaker 2: Love that love, that testament to your effectiveness and your longtime commitment to peace and not war. And we wanted to catch up with you guys have been doing, you know, extraordinary number of actions and quite significant. Also wanted to talk to you a little bit about the flotilla, the AID flotilla right now headed to Gaza, because I knew you were supposed to be on one previously.
Speaker 3: But first of all, let me let me pull up here.
Speaker 2: You all just did an action at Representative Randy Fines office and for people who are unawares. He is, this newly elected Florida Republican who called for Gaza to be nuked on Fox News, in addition to saying all sorts of other just outrageous and atrocious things that anyone would think would be completely out of bounds, but somehow goes with barely a note in today's climate. So let me go ahead and pull up here a little bit of the video of you all, you know, entering Randy Fine's office and what you had to say.
Speaker 9: You were not here before one of the two people with this.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on. That was a different action that you guys did. Let me find it.
Speaker 6: Well, madea tells yeah, while she's looking for it, you want to tell you the only thing about the latest on the flotilla and we can come back.
Speaker 9: Well, it's getting close. You probably heard about the incident, you know, where they took these four people on board and then fish.
Speaker 6: Fish fished some refugees out of the.
Speaker 7: Water, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so they went a little bit out of their way. Now they're back on track and they're headed towards Gaza. Uh. You know, having somebody like reda Turnberg on board makes it very difficult for the Israelis. But what they have done in the past is board the ships and confiscate the ship and arrest everybody on board, uh and deport them. So that might be what they're thinking now. Of course they've done worse than that, like they did in the month of Marmara in twenty ten and actually killed people. And you know they did bomb the ships well with drones the ship that was supposed to be going the larger ship that was going to carry about one hundred and fifty people.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I was able to pull up that video or reference before of you all at Randy Fine's office. So let's go ahead and play some of us.
Speaker 9: So get ready with us as we go into the office of Congressman Randy Fine.
Speaker 10: That's the most bigoted, painful member of Congress as Palestinian.
Speaker 11: Look, would I have to stand up here and show you they're here in Randy Vine's office because we're very concerned about this rhetoric about Palestinians and other groups. And I am a Palestinian, a mother of four children, I'm an American citizen. All my children are American citizens, and we're walking around hearing this kind of rhetoric. It's scary it's nice kind of example.
Speaker 10: Are you giving us to people in the United States too?
Speaker 3: We're all responsible here.
Speaker 11: Will not look kindly hashtag starve away congressman who says such a thing Goza.
Speaker 10: Must be destroyed. I've been to Gaza six times. I've seen the wonderful people that live in Gaza. People at Gaza are two point two million people. They are families, their children, they're women, there are men, there are ordinary people just like us. And to say Gaza must be destroyed is a policy that we are now doing, and we have been doing now for nineteen months.
Speaker 2: And so Medea, what sort of reaction did you get from the office when you were there and what was your goal also to accomplish with this action.
Speaker 9: Well, we don't think that Randy Fine has gotten enough attention. I mean, you know, if any member of Congress from the Democratic side, like Rashida Tali barill han Omer had said one of the things that he said, they would not only be censored, I'm sure there would be howls to kick them out of Congress. This is just disgusting stuff that he said, and the American people don't really know. So we wanted to highlight it more and you know, we're always trying to reach people in his district as well, so that they start calling him and saying this is just unacceptable. And I think it was quite interesting because they hesitated in calling the police. And I think that's perhaps because he's new and his staff doesn't quite know the ropes.
Speaker 4: But they don't yet.
Speaker 3: They don't have the sticker up with.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, they do keep their office locked. You have to knock to come in, and they say, oh, you know, we get death threats, and we're saying, hey, if you didn't put a hashtag starve away, bomb away, shoot away, I don't think people would be so mad at you. But the staff did listen to us, and not only that, they did give us a meeting later in the day. So we had about a half an hour sit down with some of the staff, which was quite interesting, and we've asked for a meeting directly with Randy find himself. So I just think it's an example of how we shouldn't let these things go by. We should contact these members of Congress. We should say that this is just not acceptable. We should be asking other members of Congress to censor them, which we have done. We file ethics complaints constantly against these members of Congress. I must say, we almost never hear back anything, and when we do it's just, you know, thank you very much. But again it's we shouldn't let it go by.
Speaker 6: What was the staff meeting?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 9: The staff meeting was good. It was from the communications department. They wanted to hear from us more. We asked them if they think this kind of rhetoric doesn't translate into threats against not only Palestinians and Muslims, but Jewish people as well, and isn't this harmful? Well, they said that, you know, they had a lot of the standard things. One of the women there was saying that she was recently graduate from university and how Jewish students are not safe, and this rise in anti Semitism is something that Randy Fine is trying to deal with, and of course we say, well, he's dealing with it in the exact opposite way.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 9: They just kept saying he's trying to defend the Jewish people and of course defend Israel. I can't say that we moved them. But later on in the afternoon, there was somebody who I can't identify, but he came by and quietly said to us, thank you so much for coming by the office. We really like this kind of language and know that there are people inside all of these offices, and you know, we hear this constantly. It's unbelievable, certainly from the younger people. We hear it. We hear it from the front desk staff people, we hear it from the cafeteria workers, hear it from the people cleaning up. So you know, that's why we're in the offices every single day, because we think just our presence there is important.
Speaker 5: And that's what I wanted to ask by because I find that so interesting. I mean, Tucker Carlson just spent a not insignificant portion of one of his shows trashing Randy Fine, and we've covered a lot of polling about the disconnect between younger and older right leaning Americans on the question of Israel in Gaza, and so Midia, I'm curious how your or what you've noticed over time as you've been doing this having conversations with people who are at least formerly very associated with the neo conservative wing. Probably still are, but maybe their's staff isn't. Are you noticing something different in the last couple of years or is that just a lot of talk like what have you seen?
Speaker 9: Emily? You're right, it's absolutely changed. I mean, first is the generational divide. We see it constantly. It's very unusual. In fact, that young women that I mentioned about Randy Fimes, she was unusual in that she really stuck so much to this. You know, Israel is right. We find that not only is there a generational divide, people of color versus white people divide. You know, it is much more sympathetic among the black members of Congress, not the members, the staff people, certainly the Muslim ones, but also the Latinos. You find a lot of support among Latinos. And then in terms of the Congress people themselves changing well, of course, you know, we have seen this ever so slowly. I was in Tom Massey's office yesterday and actually met him and he said, I'm sure you love my tweet, didn't you, in which he said for Israel?
Speaker 3: And I said, oh, was significant, Yeah.
Speaker 9: It was significant. But you know, we said, you've got to be working with other members of your party. We need a breakaway moment for Republicans. You know, we have about twenty five Democrats who have introduced a new resolution to block the bombs and that was started by Delhia Ramirez with a number of great members of Congress. We need something like that on the Republican side. And because it's so divisive politically, even Republicans like Tom Massey or Marjorie Tayler Green, they don't want to sign on anything that comes from the Democrats. So we tell them start your own. And we've been focusing a lot on Republicans going to their offices every single day, and sometimes in a more aggressive way like Randy Fine, and sometimes in a very respectful, nice way. And we have made some good relationships and those offices. So we're just waiting for the moment where they finally will break away. And you know, we say to them, Trump is counting on you to support him in the dialogue with Iran UH and Trump doesn't want to see a continuation of these wars, and so you can really be helpful. We kind of, you know, swallow deep when we go and.
Speaker 2: I gotta do what you gotta do. But what there what have you seen in terms of like public support for Code Pink and number of volunteers for these actions. You know, what is the sort of EBB and flow of that beIN.
Speaker 9: Well, it's just been going up and up and up and up. I mean that among younger people, people who are not US citizens, it's harder for them to join us, and they tell us all the time, we wish we could be there with you, but we're concerned about everything that you can imagine, their jobs and student loans, everything. So it falls to a smaller number of people to do it, but we have a great group of people and it changes. We get new people constantly who go around with us in the halls every day, making the visits, doing the rounds, bringing in the latest piece of legislation, asking them to sign on to it, asking them to put out public statements condemning things like the Gaza Humanitarian Foundation. And in terms of the support, it's unbelievable. I mean, members of Code Pink we walk around in the streets and people will stop their cars to get out and give us hugs. We are constantly getting thanks from people, and it's going up and up and up, And I think it's this starvation that people just can't stand. They've unfortunately gotten used to the bombings with seeing that for nineteen months, but now the starvation and that is something I think that's hard for the members of con to justify as well. Of course, you know they try to say it's Hamas and moss stealing the food and that kind of stuff, but you know, it doesn't really pass the what the what test?
Speaker 3: What the smell test? Will say any jazz.
Speaker 9: So, yes, we're getting more.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you saw this, but about an hour ago I reported that next week Congress will be voting on a resolution that will be standard resolution condemning the terror attack in Boulder, Colorado, but embedded in it it said, it will deem that the phrase free Palestine. And let me put this up here, the phrase free Palestine is an anti Semitic slogan. So let's see. Yeah, yeah, it's an anti Semitic slogan that calls for the destruction of the State of Israel and the Jewish people. So yeah, whereas while shouting free Palestine an anti Semitic slogan. So you've seen these resolutions a lot before that it'll say, you know, we condemn this, you know, truly awful thing, and then they embed within it something that they're trying to trap democrats and everybody else into into agreeing with and in this case, it's it's to agree that the phrase free Palestine is actually an anti Semitic slogan. How do you think that'll go? Like, do they still have the juice that they can ram this through? Are people still too afraid of voting no and being told how dare you not condemn this terrorist attack?
Speaker 9: Well? Yes, you see how sneaky they are. But I think you know, this kind of thing is just played out too much and doesn't have any weight anymore. It's just a ridiculous thing to do. And many times we've seen that some of these worse resolutions don't even pass, and then if they do pass, you know, they don't have the weight of law. And as soon as we hear something like that from you, Ryan and thank you for alerting us, you know, we'll go into Congress and we'll just be going from room to room shouting free Palestine, Free Palestine. So this kind of thing can is another scare tactic, but I think we're way beyond.
Speaker 5: That, and one that maybe since you just talked to people like Thomas Massey who have been against that, MEDEA will be blocked by enough Republicans.
Speaker 4: I'm curious what you think about.
Speaker 9: That, Yes, as long as they know what they're voting for, and that we have to make sure they do. I mean, we see people like Marjorie Taylor Green, you know, who doesn't want to vote for these kinds of things, and so you know, we go to her office and we alert them, we go to the other offices. But you're right, I think there's enough Republicans that'll say, you know, this, this is.
Speaker 6: Just although there are probably enough Democrats to push it over the top. But the first person I noticed one after I reported it, the first person that responded to it was a bandoned person who tagged Marjorie Taylor Green, Oh, interesting thing, help us out here.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: Interesting What some members do on these is they just vote present because then they're not endorsing it one way or the other, just to say this is a game and I'm not going to participate in it, right, And.
Speaker 9: I think you know that these kinds of things, they're just losing their power. And I feel like APAC is losing its power. APAC doesn't have the power to get to the president into the White House. APAX certainly, you know, I'm not saying they don't have tremendous power. But I don't feel like they can ram through things like this the way they used to be able to, because there are a couple of Republicans who are standing up of so, No, the tide is turning so so so slowly, but it is turning.
Speaker 3: Media.
Speaker 2: What about on the Democratic side, I mean, on the one hand, you have more dissent from the lockstep pro Israel consensus and pro genocide consensus.
Speaker 3: On the Democratic side.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, you have I think a much vaster gulf between where the elected Democrats are and where the bases. I mean, the base of the Democratic Party has basically wholesale turned on this.
Speaker 3: Onslaught in Gaza are disgusted with that.
Speaker 2: They don't want weapons going, they want it to end, they want aid to go in et cetera. And so have you seen a shift among Democratic members as well in the way that they're the way that they're interacting with you, the way that they're feeling about how they should approach these issues.
Speaker 9: Well, as I said earlier, I think the starvation issue has really changed things. I think it has made it very, very uncomfortable for these pro Israel Democrats to be sticking with the line that the Gaza Humanitarian Foundation is the way to go. That anra's full of Hamas supporters, and we couldn't possibly go with that. You know, we have been pushing that Democrats have to support the United Nations. Now that we have Mark Rubio sanctioning the ICC, and now that we have this just dystopian form of quote getting food into Gaza, I think it's a chance now for getting some more of these more conservative Democrats to go back to saying we have to support the UN agencies. You know, maybe they don't want to say unrust specifically, but you know, we have the World Food Program and Cindy McCain has been so good on these issues of saying that Hamas is not stealing the aid. So I think this gives us a little more opening to reach some of those conservative Democrats at least on this issue of starving people is not something that the US can support. And then there's also you know, the issue of a season fire, which is really not there's not a vehicle within Congress to show support for a ceasefire right now. Yeah, that's the vehicles for the food issue. And now this issue about banning some weapons. But we definitely need need to bring back up the ceasefire. And that's tough for Democrats because you know, they see this now in the Republican court and it's up to Trump to figure this out, and they don't want to be seen as pushing him on the ceasefire issue.
Speaker 2: Madia, do you get still get like personally nervous when you're gonna jump up on stage or jump up in an audience or go into member of Congress's office and be like stop supporting genocide? Like do you have you done it so many times that you don't get nervous for these sorts of things because sometimes, I mean, you've been roughed up, like you've been, you know, arrested, I'm sure countless times. Is it intimidating to you still or you just kind of it's just your day.
Speaker 9: Well, the only thing I get nervous us about is that I've had a broken shoulder and it's a bad shoulder. It hurts all the time. And that's exactly where they take you to arrest you. And if they're going to be a very tough way, you know that can have a longer term consequences. So that's the thing that makes me nervous. I don't get nervous going into congressional offices. And I want people listening to know that the vast majority of our time we're going into progressional offices to have nice meetings, and we want people to come and join us and not be afraid that you're going to get arrested. And we need more people, so please come join us. When we are do thing something about arrests, it's usually because we are taking an extra going an extra step and challenging them. If it's in a setting where there is a lot of security around, and do you think you're going to get roughed up? That yeah, that is what makes me nervous. There was a group of doctors against genocide that was in Congress last week and they were considering maybe risking arrest, but they decided it wasn't worth it and had been given warnings that they were protesting by walking around in the lobby of the Heartbuilding with a couple of them with photos of starving children. And when they were given their third warning, they started walking out the door and maybe saying something like bread not bombs, and seven of the doctors got arrested. So the police in the Congress are really ready to pounce on people. So we want to make sure that people who go with us who don't want to get arrested are very much aware of when you are risking and when you're not.
Speaker 2: Medea, how can people help out join up, participate in one of your actions.
Speaker 9: Well, thank you for asking that, because there are so many ways that people can and need to participate. If you're in the DC area, or can even come here for a few days, or take your vacation time or your student recess time, come and join us in Washington, d C. And we are in the halls of Congress every day, definitely Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays, which are the days that they are in session. And you can sign up on the code Pink website under DC Actions to learn more about that. But more important for people all over the country is to just get involved with Code pink. Go to our website. We have very very creative actions that we have been coming up with and asking people to do. You asked about involvement. I mean, we now have so many people involved, and it's the power of the people that counteracts the power of APEX. So please go to code pink dot org and join us in any way that you can. We also have many many chaptors, I should say, and so there might be a chapter in your city.
Speaker 2: Amazing Medea, so much respect for you and it's always an honor to get to talk to you.
Speaker 3: So thank you so much.
Speaker 9: Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's our pleasure, and thank you guys for watching this portion. We are going to go ahead and transition to the premium subscribers portion of the Friday Show, and Ryan I'll talk more about the news that he's breaking. We've got some more stuff out of Israel that we want to cover. Maybe talk about KJP, maybe talk about Zoran, take some questions.
Speaker 3: So if you want.
Speaker 2: To get that job show, Wow, that's right, we did get jobs report. Yeah, we should take a look at that as well. So if you want the whole show, the whole Friday Show, sign up Breakingpoints dot com avail yourself of that offer promo code BP free so you can get first month free, and we will go ahead and start that portion now.