Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This he's Talking Cowboys Training live from Dallas Cowboys Training Camp in Oxnard, California.
Speaker 4: Six past second Poti Today.
Speaker 5: Touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 6: It's a Monday morning edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from Oxnard, California and the River Ridge Sports Complex site of training camp twenty twenty five.
Speaker 7: We've got the whole casting crew ready for you to rock today with Isaiah Standback, Patrick Nocy Walker, Josh Rodriguez, my man Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 3: We've got the the sound playing already. The music is here.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys are back on the practice field for what is officially, gentlemen, a game week.
Speaker 3: It is a game week in Oxnard.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys not only with the joint practice on Tuesday against the Rams, but on Saturday they take on the Rams at Sofi Stadium. Glad you're with us, and gentlemen, it feels a little different around here.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's just the.
Speaker 2: Song and the atmosphere set that's in the background, but for the most part, it's going to be Uh, it's a different feel this week for this Cowboys team.
Speaker 1: Why does it feel different than you, Kyle? We never get to ask you questions?
Speaker 3: Well, then ask me.
Speaker 1: Let's know what. Why is it a different feel around here?
Speaker 3: Because we get to see.
Speaker 2: Our team hit somebody else, We get to see someone else get laid out by Malie Hooker, we.
Speaker 3: Get to see you. I'm tense, I'm ready to go. It's an intense week.
Speaker 1: A safe place. You know that, right, It is a safe place.
Speaker 3: It's always a safe place.
Speaker 1: Its big brock lesnar energy.
Speaker 3: Right. Oh, okay that he was a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: No, this is.
Speaker 4: Right, hot friend energy.
Speaker 1: It came back.
Speaker 3: Summer changing jo. How was Summer Slam? Everybody?
Speaker 1: It was a good Uh. It ended spectacularly before this Country.
Speaker 3: No, I mean it was some hesitation, it was.
Speaker 8: It started off both nights started off great, dipped, had some filler that was quite mid, and then popped off with.
Speaker 4: I always checks in about our wrestling like a.
Speaker 3: Strange did you guys have far?
Speaker 4: Are you winning?
Speaker 1: Son?
Speaker 5: Extremely contrub But to get back to your question, sorry, I'm looking forward to seeing the Rams. I love when the Rams and the Cowboys practice have their joint practice because it is very competitive, very competitive. They have some dudes on their team as a very well coached team, we know they are talented.
Speaker 1: They have some new additions that are going to test out.
Speaker 5: Not only are are obviously our offensive line got tested last year here with their defensive young and young and verse, but now our cornerbacks, which we know that room is a little bit depth challenged at this point with all the injuries that they have going on here in Dallas, They're gonna get challenged by Pooka, Nakua Davonte Adams, and that's gonna be a sight to see. I'm looking forward to seeing those one on one opportunities, not only in the team sessions, but those one on ones because you really get to see guys get exposed.
Speaker 1: On both sides.
Speaker 5: So I'm looking forward to all the competition revolving around joint practice.
Speaker 8: But it's like Isaiah said that there's a lot of new additions for the Cowboys, and the question is can they stand the ring. When you're talking about Jared Vers and you're talking about the addition of Dante Davante Adams, along with Will and Nicola and I mean the we talked about the cornerbacks position with the Cowboys. We said this coming into camp, and the situation hasn't improved her kyer Elam. Notwithstanding, you're starting to see a little bit of shine from some of these younger guys like a Keimon Hall. Andrew Booth had a good practice a couple practices ago, but he's nursing all that working back from an injury. As far as getting back a hundred percent s gonerbacks group is going to get tested real early. And here we are, and we talk about these young guys, they're going to see preseason reps. Now, granted, in the preseason, they're not going to be going against Devonte Adams, they're not going to be going against pookin the cool but they're going to be going against a talented wide receiver corp who's coached up by I guess who, Sean McVay, who can scheme some things open offensive line.
Speaker 1: We talked about Jerry Verse.
Speaker 8: It doesn't get any better from there, right, So we'll see what they do as early as tomorrow Tuesday, when they go up against them in the scrimmage.
Speaker 1: That's when the Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Will officially get to hit someone other than their own teammates for the first time.
Speaker 1: So I'm interested to see that too, love to see that.
Speaker 9: And the Rams are a team that's constantly sort of in the mix. I mean, they're coming off of a divisional loss, but they did not start off the season very well. They didn't look great throughout the season. But a big thing at least that I remember from last year is when they came into our facility and they practice against us, we they kind of.
Speaker 4: Beat us up a little bit. It didn't look great.
Speaker 9: We looked a little sloppy, and they were kind of big dog in us. And this is something that Nate Newton pointed out to me and felt like, you know, that was the writing on the wall of like this team is not ready.
Speaker 4: To be a dog.
Speaker 9: Now you have a chance to defend your honor here in Oxnard. This is our town, right So I think at least when you have that, you can compare it to last year. You can say, if we're showing out in practice this time, it's going to be a lot different than it is for the season.
Speaker 4: Hopefully it's indicative of that.
Speaker 9: But like you said, pointing out Keemon Hall to a guy that you really want to see play well in the preseason and just in practice in general. Hopefully it doesn't take too many preseason snaps, but just in general.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I want to kind of preface this conversation for the people that are listening at home. The reason why we put so much emphasis on these joint practices is because this is really the first and only opportunity that you get throughout all of training camp to see where your team that's going to be on the field their regular season, where they stand.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: This is the only time that you'll see Ceedee Lamb, George Pickens and everybody else as a starter going full tilt, not to the ground, not full tackling, but full tilt against the competition that they will face when the regular season approaches. Other than this practice, this one practice, they will not see that level of competition outside of their team again until games matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the big thing.
Speaker 2: So we've got a month between Tuesday, a month exactly from today until Game one against.
Speaker 3: The Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 2: But tomorrow it'll be thirty days out until then, and so you've got a long time to see it. But you'll get to see a really good snipe of it. Of it and to y'all's point, I mean, you look at the roster from the Rams and they probably say the same thing vice versa to a certain extent, but they're playmakers at every level, and so it's gonna challenge you. I'm excited to see what the run defense looks like, the interior of our defensive line, the Mazi Smiths, the Solomon thomas Is, the j joy Is who's had a.
Speaker 3: Good camp so far.
Speaker 2: All of those guys go up against the stable of running backs that I would love to have on our rosters.
Speaker 3: I would love to have.
Speaker 2: A Kyrin Williams or a Blake Cora Moor, a Jarquez Hunter who is a rookie draft pick out of Auburn this year in the fourth round.
Speaker 3: I would love all of those things to come to fruition.
Speaker 2: But now we get to see how we stop them and how you can stand up against them. So, along with the receivers that you guys mentioned, with Nikoua and Adams and Jordan Whittington who tore up Dallas in the preseason last year, I'm excited to see what the depth of our defense looks like. Because there have been some good things that we've seen, there have been some some not so good things that we've seen on the field, and we're going to get all of that tested going into Tuesday. One of the not so good things that we've seen throughout camp has been the Micah Parsons saga. Micah Parsons edge rusher All Pro. He wears number eleven when he wants to put on the jersey.
Speaker 1: I've seen it.
Speaker 3: Yep. He's out here, yep.
Speaker 1: Pretty good at football arguably.
Speaker 2: And since we were last on this show, of course, we were last on the show, breaking news, of course, to hit right around. He has requested a trade for Ellis Cowboys releasing a statement on X I'm sure if you're a Cowboys fan and you're listening to Talking Cowboys about now, you've probably seen the post.
Speaker 3: You've probably heard one hundred different opinions on it.
Speaker 2: But guess what, we haven't talked about it on our show, So I want to get your opinion on it.
Speaker 3: The We'll start just by the request.
Speaker 2: We'll get into the back and forth here in a moment and maybe the impact of it all, but just your thought on the request initially, and remember this is a show where we do what keep you one, we say that is what we do.
Speaker 3: So Isaiah, I'll let you start.
Speaker 5: Try to say that for Friday's Kyle, but being that as a Monday, I'll give him a sample of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that I take that back. Let me start over.
Speaker 5: I believe I believe Jerry Madelon was on my shoulder. I believe I believe that this was if this is more to comeback, Michaeh. Parsons has been using all of his moves right hidden, mashing all the buttons, and then finally he sees the code and the and the sequence in which he has to enter in his final finish him move, and this was his finisher move. Yeah, for the Dallas exactly for the Dallas Cowboys. And the reason why I say that is because, as a player who is contractually bound to an organization and a team in his current state, there's only so.
Speaker 1: Much you can do.
Speaker 5: And you've communicated through the media, you've communicated directly with the individuals that are a part of the negotiations. You feel like you're trying to treading water, like you're running on a hamster wheel and nothing's really getting done. There's no progress. You want a deal done. They're very patient. They don't have a sense of urgency, but you do. You have to pull your card. And if you're playing Uno, this is your wild card. This is this is the one that you've been holding on to until you absolutely needed it, because bam, here we go. Oh this is all I have left, And the wild card is I'm going to put the Dallas Cowboys in a position in these negotiations where I can remove myself and I now can allow the fans and the media to negotiate on my behalf. There is nothing else that needs to be said for Micah Parsons. The organization feels the way they feel they have all the leverage they have him in a current contract. They don't feel the need to have a sense of urgency in this regard. And you're already heard Jerry say I don't mind him not being out there right now because I don't want him to get hurt.
Speaker 1: So the Joneses in the organization are perfectly fine. But in terms of Micah, this.
Speaker 5: Is smart from my stance as a former player, from his behalf, because now he literally has to say nothing else. But we will talk about it every other platform will talk about it. The fans will be yelling his name whenever Jerry walks out the practice Jerry Jones and he cans just sit back, sign sign you know, fake checks on the sideline, kiss babies, and just let everybody else do his bidding for him.
Speaker 8: So Isaiah makes a bunch of great points. I'll segue off of one of his points. This is Michael Parson's playing the proverbial wild card. Okay, problem is the Cowboys have to draw for Yeah, okay, you have upwards of three years of control between this fifth year option and you can franchise tag him twice before you know. Now, I don't believe it gets to that point. Let me be clear. I've said this before. I'm gonna say it again. I felt this way pre trade request. I feel this way right now. I believe this deal gets done. Yeah, I do believe the deal gets done. Everything you're seeing right now is the game within the game. And that's one thing that Jerry Jones said that was one hundred percent true. He said, this is the negotiation and no matter how you slice it, this is not the first time we've seen this dance with a high profile player who was arguably the best or one of the best players at his position when it comes to negotiating with the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: I can drop the names.
Speaker 8: You already know the names, the Dak Prescott, that de Marcus Lawrences, the City Lambs, to Zach Martins.
Speaker 1: It goes on, It goes on.
Speaker 8: It goes on almost every years, but every year. That's why the trade request, while meteoric in its impact, didn't move my needle whatsoever. It immediately made me think of Myles Garrett. Hopefully this ends the same way. However, you saw what Myles Garrett did in formally demanding a trade from the Cleveland Browns, and just over thirty days later he signed to this massive, record setting deal. Miles and Michael Parsons are really good friends. Now, I'm gonna use that point to make my next point. One of the reasons this has gotten to a trade request and it's gotten so contentious is it's not just the shots that are being fired at Michael Parsons as he views it and as his agent views it. It's also the shots that are being fired at Trayvon Diggs. Yeah, who's Michael Parsons's best friend in this locker room?
Speaker 1: Trayvon Diggs.
Speaker 8: A little over a week ago, they stood on this field and did a combo pack interview for Solidarity.
Speaker 1: So I'm here to tell you.
Speaker 8: Parsons is taking all of this into context, and he simply feels a way about the organization at the moment, not simply because of his contract issue, but also because of the contingent between Trayvon Diggs.
Speaker 1: And the front office over the rehab stuff.
Speaker 8: All of that is to say, now that I've given you all that context and something to think about, I am unmoved by this trade request.
Speaker 1: I wish it didn't get to this point.
Speaker 8: I believe the Dallas Cowboys would be it would be nothing short of professional malepractice to trade away Michael Parsons at least for anything short of and I kind of joked about this before on inside training camp. If you're not giving up two or three planets in this solar system, it's not We're not even starting the converse.
Speaker 5: But you do understand how Dallas fans, not necessarily Dallas Cowboys fans, but Dallas sports fans have a little bit of PTSD.
Speaker 3: Because I get.
Speaker 8: A fresh woe unfortunately because of how the you know, Mavericks.
Speaker 3: We love us. He just signed a deal I don't want to hear.
Speaker 1: So is it impossible.
Speaker 8: No, it's not impossible, because nothing's impossible, But the odds of it occurring are so meniscw that in my mind it's not worth entertaining.
Speaker 1: Josh, are you losing sleep?
Speaker 9: I'm not losing sleep over this, And that was my point. I was about to make thank you Isaiah for the perfect segue, because Jerry talked about it after practice and he said, don't lose sleep over this. This is I've been here a while, I kind of done this a time or two. This is how the game is played. This is how Micah's Parsons is choosing to gain leverage. But matter of fact, and as you to have gracefully pointed out, the Cowboys hold all the leverage they have controlled this contract over the next three seasons between the fifth year option and then of course the two franchise tags. And not to mention, the Cowboys have used the franchise tag as recently as Dak Prescotte. Don't think for a second that they won't also use it on a Micah Parsons. It would be unfortunate, but they will do it if they need to. Michael Parsons will not be traded, in my opinion, to any other team. He will play for the Dallas Cowboys. If it comes to him wanting to set out games or what have you, that would be obviously a financial risk. But if he feels that way, I mean more power to him. That's based on what the player wants to do and between him and his agent. Now, if you consider the fact that here we stand, you know, just a few days after the trade request, within thirty days, it happened for Miles Garrett. Again, it's just a move, a part of the move, a part of the move. This is how the game is played. I'm not phased by it at anyway.
Speaker 2: I've had conversations with Micah too when hosting certain events and different things where it's about his money, and even before the contract talks were even a thing. This is going back multiple years now, but one of the things he talked about was being smart.
Speaker 3: With your money.
Speaker 2: And one of the things he's doing right now to show that he cares about being smart with his money is showing up to training camp, showing up and not taking that fifty thousand dollars fine and standing on the side at least being their first teammates and being around the camp and the facility and the staff and all of those different elements. So I find it hard to believe he will sit out games. Yeah, that's but that's the next leverage move, that's the next wild card that people aren't necessarily seeing as a possibility. That would be where I think the front office could lose a little bit of leverages if he were to sit out certain games, because they want him on the field, they want him as a.
Speaker 3: Part of this.
Speaker 2: But in order to give up that leverage, or to gain that leverage, if you're Michael Parsons, you're gonna have to give up some cash, and he's going to be less smart about his money.
Speaker 8: And I do agree with Kyle in the capacity of if Michael Parsons were so inclined if for whatever reason, the deal is not done by September fourth, and Michael Parsons, we're so inclined to miss the first couple of games. Those couple of games are against the divisional revels, right, yep. Where it's not just one loss equals mathematically one loss. Yeah, it's more like one and a half pretty much Okay. On top of that, let's just be completely clear. Let's be honest. We're saying with our chests, right, let's say with our chess. Jerry Jones said this time and again, and he knows what I'm about to say is true.
Speaker 1: He's mortal, okay, and he's not a spring chicken.
Speaker 8: So if you were to entertain trading Michael Parsons, yeah, you get all these draft picks that you hope hopefully panned out in the next two, three, four, five years.
Speaker 1: However, again, you're not a.
Speaker 8: Twenty year old, a thirty year old to forty year old, not even a fifty year's trying to win now. If you're trying to win right now, you just put the keys to the throne in the hands of Brian Schottenheimer, who was the first time NFL head coach, and he's saying all the right things, and through this point in training, cap Brian Schotenheimer's also doing.
Speaker 1: All the right things.
Speaker 8: Do you want to take a blade and cut at one of his proverbial achilles going into his inaugural season right as far as taking one of the if not arguably the best pass rusher off of the field, maybe for one game, two games, multiple games. So yes, to your point, Kyle, if Michael Parsons pushes that envelope, yeah, Jerry could call us bluff. He has three years of rights to call his bluff for And so yeah, Michael Parson is not going to sit out one entire season, two entire seasons. This will get resolved. But if Michael Parson sits out one or two games and they happen to be against the Eagles and the Giants and you lose those two games, yes.
Speaker 9: Let me ask a question real quick, and you just alluded to it. The fact that this is happening in coach Schottenheimer's inaugural season with the Dallas cow as head coach, does this affect the new culture that he's been trying to build, Like, you know, I think we're all sort of kumbaya coming into this training camp and you've seen it out here. Discipline, yelling at players whenever they're getting fights, all of that. Does this affect this sort of outside noise effect what's happening within that locker room?
Speaker 1: No? No, no.
Speaker 5: As a former player, now you understand business is business, but the coach is preaching is something completely different.
Speaker 1: This has no impact on the guy's.
Speaker 5: Continuity or you know, culture or any of those none of that stuff. Let me let me put this out there, and a lot of people might disagree with me, but it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Fine. This is a game of chess. But don't know to chest.
Speaker 4: Say it with your face some people.
Speaker 1: Some people plays.
Speaker 5: And for those that don't know how to play chess, learn, I don't play it out. Learn you play checkers right, and you can get kings, and you get double double when you go across, you trouble jump and do all the things.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 5: Last year, around this time, there was a gentleman by the name of who that was sitting out Zach Martin.
Speaker 1: Okay in a couple of years back. Yeah, okay, a couple years bout last.
Speaker 3: Together.
Speaker 8: This is how many people, how many comedies Zach Martin sat out?
Speaker 5: If I remember correctly past the joint practice, Yes, yes, at the joint practice, the office.
Speaker 1: Line got worked, destroyed, destroyed. There's another joint practice tomorrow, Yeah, there is.
Speaker 5: I already mentioned on the show that you have an idea of where you stand compared to real NFL competition outside of your team tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I feel more confident in the stable of edge rushers this year than I did in that offensive line there.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, if we want to bring it up, we can.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's what I was alluding to. I was, I was heading that way. Thank you very much for it for taking over to steerwell there. Sorry, No, that's fine. If this is a game that's being played, right, we keep talking about triple Ah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: If this is a game that's being played, are you ready, Dallas Cowboys?
Speaker 5: If they have a good showing from a defensive in room against the Rams, you have more even more leverage, right And if you'r Micah Parsons, no disrespect, not wishing this upon him, not saying what he would say, but I would think that you're kind of hoping that they don't have a great showing because this shows how much.
Speaker 1: That you're needed.
Speaker 3: He's still needed.
Speaker 5: No, No, listen, Micah is Micha and I'm not saying that. Yeah, yeah, for sure, But I believe that this is a productive room without Micah. It's not a dominant room without Micah, it's a productive room. You have guys who can rush the passer, you're gonna have a great idea of where you stand without my tomorrow when they face the Rams.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: And I think that whatever is happening in these negotiations, I think.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow might have a little bit of.
Speaker 5: An impact on those negotiations based upon the results of tomorrow in that room, I will.
Speaker 4: I would tend to agree.
Speaker 9: But I think what the big difference between Zach Martin's ear and Micah's here is that the offensive line depth was not the defensive depth is. Right now, you're surprised on how good the depth is here at edge without Micah that it's it's almost like, you know, Jerry's holding the cards at this point to say, like, I think we're all right.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what we can be.
Speaker 4: All right, you obviously do want the best player that's on the field on the.
Speaker 1: Field, but but I'm not right.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be fine.
Speaker 4: You're not in a panic.
Speaker 8: You know my problem with it, And you're both right, you're both rights. And because I'm also can.
Speaker 2: We go to break and yeah kiss on the other side, Yeah, we got it. I want to keep this conversation going when we come back. Let's talk about is this what you would consider a hollow trade request?
Speaker 3: Or is there a legitimate frustration there and it's it's something that.
Speaker 2: Can spill over into the season if it doesn't get resolved by midway through training camp. There's a lot of questions at hand. We'll hit touch on that when we come back with more of Talking Cowboys right after this.
Speaker 10: AT and T has a new guarantee because most things in life are not guaranteed, like getting through self checkout by.
Speaker 11: Yourself warning, each item must be placed in the bagging area.
Speaker 3: Not guarantee.
Speaker 11: Place item in the bagging area. Place it in the bagging area.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 10: AT and T guarantees connectivity. You depend on deals you want, in service you deserve, or we make it right terms and conditions. Survive is a att dot com SLAST guarantee for details. AT and T connecting changes everything.
Speaker 2: If you're looking for fresh American roasty coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee isle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 12: If you shout how about them Cowboys, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone. The wins will be even tasteier.
Speaker 4: It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 2: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free I Pece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Vi I P.
Speaker 3: That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VI I P to Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Welcome back to Talking Cowboys. We are live from training camp in Oxnard, California. This segment is brought to you by Invisi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Kyle Yeomans just had to step out for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: The Coyle just submit a trade request. He did, he did.
Speaker 4: He's he's trying to hold some level. He's refusing to play. That's unprofessional.
Speaker 1: He's sitting out, rips. It's a hold in for Calm Dereck Eagleton. He needs to off the bench.
Speaker 5: Cole sitting out, that's a hold in. We need you to fill in, like Jamal Crawford.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 5: Let's go, tommyboy cup it for Tommy.
Speaker 4: In the meantime.
Speaker 1: That's the fastest Timmy will run in camp.
Speaker 4: Patrick had a point to break.
Speaker 5: That's the fastest Tommy will run. You don't know what these two are talking about. Back months ago, maybe six months ago. I don't know when it was.
Speaker 1: These two challenge each other. No, no, that's incorrect, Tommy. Tommy challenged me, You challenged.
Speaker 3: Him, challenge him?
Speaker 5: Do you Tommy challenge forty yard dad?
Speaker 1: In heart breaks? He said, he'd beat me. Are you going to stand on business? And Carrie with that?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: When is this happening? Whenever you want?
Speaker 4: He said, whatever is it happening? He's standing on business.
Speaker 1: You guys are not clock could have done it for last episode.
Speaker 8: Tommy was up here copping please, so now it's chest is poked out again.
Speaker 3: Let the error please. Honestly, I don't even remember what we said the other day.
Speaker 5: Today after practice, after you guys finish your interviews, well, we got to write, so after work, you say, after cool down? By then, I don't I feel like you guys gonna.
Speaker 1: You realize working holding Thanks guys, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Tommy, you realize work is work? Right?
Speaker 8: Let me get so we can do this after the show, not after the show, because we got the officials.
Speaker 4: Of lots of excuses.
Speaker 1: I'm that's all I'm We're hearing a lot of punning going over.
Speaker 8: Now you're hearing me getting my bag bag, first ass kickings we got.
Speaker 1: We got forty five minutes between you and that meeting. No you don't your math and math we.
Speaker 5: Get off the air of forty five? Should your meeting's at thirty?
Speaker 3: We should?
Speaker 5: It only takes five seconds around your forty maybe sixteen for some of y'all.
Speaker 3: Okay, so are we talking about this scenario?
Speaker 5: Is that why happened Whenever he said it, coul happened today? I said why not right after this?
Speaker 8: And I said, because we have this and then that I said today after player interviews and we finished off.
Speaker 1: Right and whatever. I don't see what what makes it sounds like Brian Inger?
Speaker 3: What's that he's punting?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 8: I love it because I have on record as saying we could do it this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're doing it. I just need a time, and you can't.
Speaker 8: Do it this afternoon. I don't care. Get the smoke whenever you want the smoke. Four o'clock on the grill.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, four thirty, four fifteen, four o'clock.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to set a time. I'm trying to set a time.
Speaker 1: Four o'clock out, come, come see me, four o'clock.
Speaker 2: This afternoon, it'll be Patrick No s Walker versus Tommy.
Speaker 3: Just remember I was who's gonna win, Who's gonna win? Yeah, I put it on there.
Speaker 5: I was gonna put a pole on excell who's gonna win that race? Just remember I was my own business.
Speaker 3: Four o'clock Pacific, six o'clock Central.
Speaker 8: Now, as I was saying about Michael, Okay, yeah, the cliffhanger from the previous spillover. Yeah, the spill over excellent points on the cowboys. Will will love to see what this group of past Russians can do absent Michael, the Los Angeles Rams and the scrimmage. And I, for one, I'm interested to see if a guy like Donovanezrock who can continue his strong camp. I'm curious to see if Sam Williams can, if Dante Foller can continue going. And we know Dante camp because he's done it and a half of the money. But my counterpoint is you said something about them being good enough without Mike. He wants to see if they're at least good enough. Yeah, Okay, I'm kind of tired of good enough around here.
Speaker 1: I hear that. I'm real, real tired enough. Like what is good enough?
Speaker 8: It's gotten you eight and eight has gotten you nine to seven and twelve and fours. And then you get to the playoffs, and yeah, you were good enough to get to the playoffs, or you're good enough to win this game against this opponent, but then when it comes to playing an elite contender, then you're not good. I don't want to love, you say, and you're making a valid point. My counterpoint is I am no longer accepting good enough, and I don't want to hear about good I love dominance, and dominance involves Michael Parks.
Speaker 5: I completely agree, and I only say that this let me preference all this. The deal's going to get done. Okay, people listening, I wonder what cameraon the deal's going to get done. I say that deal has to get Might it be the team that you foresee yourself being? So I'm saying all that, But in this game of cat and mouse, in battleship and back and forth, whatever the game you want to say, leverage, leverage exactly. Leverage matters, right, And it's it's a ping pong game, back and forth, right, it's Forrest Gump sometimes back and forth. And if these guys have a bad showing a little bit of the leverage goes to Micah if they have a if they have I mean, if they if they have a bad showing, the leverage goes to Mica if it if they have a great showing, that slides back over to ownership because they're like, yep, see, we can still get things done.
Speaker 1: It's just it's all position by smith.
Speaker 3: But it's all.
Speaker 4: Positioning, right, And if we all just get along negotiating.
Speaker 3: How many people out there bought a house?
Speaker 1: Like it's back and forth, gentlemen over here, he bought a car recently? Right, bought a car?
Speaker 5: Like there's a little bit of negotiating and it goes back and forth like I can't do this, Okay, let me go talk to my manager and then they come back with some other Oh here's my offer. I don't really know, but it's literally that just on a much higher to go.
Speaker 8: We've seen these deals get done, especially in the couples organization like that. All it takes is one phone call, the right phone call between the right two or three people and in this instance, the right it two or three people involved.
Speaker 1: Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones.
Speaker 5: And David Mulligan that there you go and the number am I would imagine that the number is set right, the annual you know, saying revenue that he's gonna be bringing in, the annual cap number whatever that is, is set. I would imagine forty one, right imagine. I would imagine that's it, right like, so there's not a lot that has to go into it. So this deal can get done literally in minutes, I would imagine, yr, it just comes down to years at that point, years and guaranteed guaranteed. Y'all want to do a four year, don't want to do a five year. I'm sure he wants to do a four year. I'm sure the organization wants to do a five year, right, So you'll are you back and forth on that, and then it comes down to, okay, how much guaranteed money? Well, let's look at our roster when after we face the rams and see where what holes do we still need to feel?
Speaker 1: Are there guys that we need to go get and if so, we need a position.
Speaker 5: This this deal to allow for us to have space to go acquire and fill those holes. So that's literally logistically all that's really out there. People saw is as scared as people are, right, now is going to get done. It's not going to take much for it to get done. But what you're going to hear is a lot of posturing, a lot of positioning, and.
Speaker 1: You just have the weather to storm.
Speaker 3: So would you call that a hollow request?
Speaker 1: Hollow?
Speaker 3: Would you call it hollow across the board?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: On MICA's side, Yeah, just because it just impressed, I don't think I don't think it's because I think there's legitimate frustration.
Speaker 1: In regards to the frustration that thanks right now, all of that is valid.
Speaker 8: The actually is last sit and Michael Parsons is fit up with how the process has gone or not going to.
Speaker 2: And that if there's any frustration on fans side, that's how it should be frustrated. The way that the process has drug out again, that's where there should be a problem, because the money has done nothing but go up from the point where they were talking in March and that deal was on the table from from Jerry Jones's account, in the way that Micah has taken it off of the table, whether that's true or not, from that point until here as we sit in August, the money has done nothing but go up. So if you're the team. I don't know what the deal was in March. I can't tell you what the numbers were in March. But they're gonna sit there and I'm guaranteeing or not guaranteeing. But I would be inclined to think that number is not as high as it is now. But why not try and get it done then, as opposed to wait till this point.
Speaker 9: The riady has been on the wall since before Zach Martin, long before this. But look look at just last year with CD Lambs. Yeah, when they got the deal done. Before they were getting the deal done, they said, they're not on our timetable, We're on theirs. That's just how it works, man. I wish it was done back in the off season when we were talking about this. They've drug it out this long and arguablyieve at this point. Is it a strategy that they want to see where the other top edge rushers get paid?
Speaker 3: That be a bad strategy, I mean, but is it?
Speaker 1: Does it?
Speaker 9: I guess give them the sit back to recalibrate the value of the edge at that and giving that the edge that piece of the pie.
Speaker 4: I have no idea. It seems like it's just going up.
Speaker 9: If they wanted to wait till next year or the year after to get a deal done. Not that I want that to happen, but they're not on our timetable.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: As much as I wish they were, they are not.
Speaker 8: And for those that are, for those that are pretending that just because a player is a first round draft pick that that instantly replaces the talent that's already proven, I will remind.
Speaker 1: You of Taco Charlton. Now let's move on.
Speaker 3: What what what does talk Taco Charlton have to do with that first round pick?
Speaker 8: So they're saying like, because he's maybe Work's first round pick, can immediately come in.
Speaker 3: I was thinking contract talks.
Speaker 8: And you went to the draft and because if you were to, I saw someone in the comments say, oh, just treat them and get a first round pick, and.
Speaker 1: Doesn't.
Speaker 2: As much as I love the Draft show and I love having draft picks, we didn't even think Mica would turn into this.
Speaker 3: We really didn't. I mean, okay, Isaiah thought and knew and always does.
Speaker 2: Sorry, But from a general consensus, people were not happy with the Parsons pick because they were thinking, oh, another ed rusher in the first round, Let's see what happens.
Speaker 3: That went away real quick.
Speaker 2: Yes, And of course he ended up having an incredible camp in twenty one and then he's turned into and all.
Speaker 8: Doesn't want to what is the relationship is in a bad spot, but it's still a long term relationship. You know, the same thing happens in every mix, the boyfriend or girl marriage.
Speaker 1: I'm not taking this anymore.
Speaker 8: The episode before I walk out episode when he told you the step and she went to, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: All right, I want to take our second break because I'm gonna leave plenty of time here in this, uh, this final segment.
Speaker 3: Would you guys, I'm gonna give you guys a choice. What about this?
Speaker 2: Would you rather do a rookie progress report? Or would you rather have three players to watch going into a big week?
Speaker 3: Here players rookie Okay, so.
Speaker 2: One, let's save that one for before they get big before the game on Thursday.
Speaker 3: We'll do that, all right. When we come back on Talking.
Speaker 2: Cowboys, we are going to talk through a rookie progress report, a through f some of the guys that have stood out on the field so far.
Speaker 3: We'll see who our favorites are when we come back. Right after this.
Speaker 13: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Dee equipment built to tackle eddy challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit Unitedagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 14: As America's leading business lender, Bank of America is on your corner and in your corner, with over nine billion dollars in business loans and more than one hundred and forty business specialists right here in North Texas. We help businesses thrive, so communities prosper. What would you let the power to do? Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash Local Business. Bank of America Official Bank of FIFA Club World Cup twenty twenty five Copyright twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation Always reserved.
Speaker 10: At and T has a new guarantee. Because most things in life are not guaranteed like getting through self checkout by yourself warning.
Speaker 11: Each item must be placed in the bagging area, not guarantee. Place item in the bagging area. Place item in the bagging area.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 10: AT and T guarantees connectivity. You depend on deals you want, in service you deserve, or we make it right terms and conditions supply's a att dot com slash guarantee for details. AT and T connecting changes everything.
Speaker 2: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today to Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys. This segment is brought to you by the Captain Morgan, fan of the year.
Speaker 1: So appropriate. We need a drink.
Speaker 7: I thought you were gonna say shouts out top. I'm expecting a good crowd today.
Speaker 2: When we were driving up there were there were cars already lined up on Ventura B. There were a lot of them today, So I think it will be a good crowd today. Tomorrow is going to be a madhouse. Tomorrow is going to be awesome. I cannot wait for tomorrow's practice. It's always simply electric. And here's a good thing for us on Talking Cowboys is we get to go today and then we get to go right after that.
Speaker 3: On Wednesday, so we get to break it down for it.
Speaker 2: Wednesday is gonna be a big show of of what happened in the joint practice. Who is great, what looked looked bad, what looked good, what kind of yeah?
Speaker 3: Who got in a fight?
Speaker 2: As Chris Beam alludes to the camera, We'll get into all of that at some point in time.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be.
Speaker 9: It's gonna be our media team versus their media team. Beam is gonna start throwing punches, Dude.
Speaker 3: They don't want the smoke, they don't want the beams. We get the numbers and we'll land more punches.
Speaker 2: It just looks like, yeah, flutters down here, Yeah, all right, Josh, I'm gonna let you start rookie progress report.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna go in order.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I wanna a grade A through F, and I want a quick synopsis of why you give them that grade. Let's start and go in order. First round pick Tyler Booker at offensive guard.
Speaker 9: I'm giving him a solid B, solid B, similar to B B last. I think he didn't wow to start the training camp. I don't think he's wowed necessarily here. He's been solid. He's had some really great reps and some really like not questionable. He's had some if he days, you know, good days, bad days, but I imagine it comes together throughout the season. I think you can rely on a guy like this with that much confidence. At this point, Patrick, I'm given Taylor Booker B plus.
Speaker 8: Not only has he been solid, but there are certain things about his game that impresses me even more over what I've saw, what I've seen from his Alabama tape. He is, in fact, or has the potential to be a road grader at the NFL level. When it comes to those screenplays, I know one of the knocks, would you know to those who didn't scout him, correctly said, oh, well, he can't really move. H He's got motion on those screenplays and he's he's often.
Speaker 2: At six throwout draft scouts out there like that, because that was one of my knocks too, is he didn't move very well.
Speaker 3: That's in college, but they didn't let him move very well. That they didn't put it on tape.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: Context's keep that in mind.
Speaker 8: But to be fair, I was more so aimin at the X scouts, not those who actually put the work in.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Okay, let me differentiate, but I'm going to give him a B plus. In the run game, he looks like he has the potential to be exceptional. In past pro He's lost some reps, as every player has across that offensive line at some point, including Tyler Smith. Okay, but what I've seen more often than not is I've seen him win against guys like Osa. I've seen him win against Solomon Thomas. So I'm giving him a B plus. I think there's room to grow. But man, he's off to a really good start.
Speaker 5: Let's start from what I've seen, yep, because I'm just now getting to the point where I'm really starting to hone in on the guys in the line. I'm I'm torn between the B minus and a C plus, and the reason being, I have very high standards when it comes to first round offensive lineman, and from what I've seen from him, I haven't seen that.
Speaker 1: What he was saying on the podcast or whoever's podcast he.
Speaker 3: Was on the death.
Speaker 5: Maybe if I hadn't heard about all that, maybe I would have a little bit higher grade.
Speaker 1: But when you say all that, yeah, we will. I want to see you.
Speaker 5: Driving dudes through the ground, right Like I just saw a Superman every time he hit the ground, concrete busted. I want to see guys going through the ground. I want to see him using his arms. I've seen him use a lot of his pads to block really, so he's letting guys into his chest. That's not going to work in this league. And I know we're kind of eighty seventy five eighty percent of it in practice in terms of how hard the lineman can actually go at each other, because nobody wants to hit the ground and.
Speaker 2: It's not necessarily pad level. That's his problem. He's still no, no, it's just not high. But it's the way that he's blocking us. He's like from what I've seen. Again, I'm not watching all his reps. It's alligator.
Speaker 5: I've seen a lot of alligator, and you can't have that at that position.
Speaker 1: You would get thrown out the club no white tea's.
Speaker 5: So you know, we will get a better sense of it tomorrow because it won't be eighty percent. Sorry, I mean, even though you don't want to hit the ground, it's gonna be a hundred. So you'll know exactly where you stand with him tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I'll give him a bee there too, do the same thing. He's been solid, hasn't done anything that's concerned me across the board, but he also hasn't done anything the wow me yet. We haven't seen that wow rep where he's throwing people out of the club, no white teas, and he's out of throwing around different defensive linemens.
Speaker 3: So we'll kind of stick there with that B grade. Moving in the Donovan Azeraki, this should.
Speaker 5: Be a pretty easy one going in Isaiah. I'm going with the A yeah. I just think that he has won. Only reason why he's not an A plus is because I haven't seen the plethora of moves yet. I've seen him win with a yeah. I've seen him move with a win with a couple of different variations, but not I don't think that he has a whole bag of moves yet, and that'll come right.
Speaker 1: He's a young gun.
Speaker 5: But what he does have in his bag he's been winning with, and that a speed as quickness as his acceleration off the boss, timing the first step, his ability to dip, he's a problem. I'm looking forward to him being in that that wave of defensive lineman that can really get out through the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything Isaiah said, it's an A for me. With Zraku, it's an A.
Speaker 8: Yes, he still has some work to do, but again, coming out of entering his first NFL training camp, having the arsenal that he has, being the technician that he is, it is not often that you see that with a guy, also a guy who's not.
Speaker 1: Coming from a power program. Right.
Speaker 8: So, yeah, he led the nation in sex, but that was one of the knocks that some people had to him as oh, well he's coming out of a Boston college.
Speaker 1: It's translating against NFL players.
Speaker 8: So I'm giving Donovan Ezrakud a can't wait to see what this young man can do going forward.
Speaker 9: Like an Emma Stone movie. It's an easy a. I did a Patrick Walker just then. No, Absolutely, he's a guy. He's that first step is exactly what you think it is. It's exactly what you're hearing about. If you're watching on Twitter, if you're looking at camp captures on Dallas Cowboys dot com, it is an article. It is just impressive, simply, and he looks like a first round pick. He doesn't look like a second round pick. It's insane to see. How just is that what I'm looking for?
Speaker 3: He is just already there. He's already arrived.
Speaker 9: He's arrived a verified star at this point in camp.
Speaker 4: Would love to see a translate on the field.
Speaker 2: We'll skip over Savonne Rebel since he's heard and inactive.
Speaker 3: Let's go. Let's go straight to Jaden Blue Texas.
Speaker 4: Josh, I'll let you start, all right, I think so far you got to say B plus.
Speaker 9: I mean, he's getting reps with the ones. You know, you'll love to see that. You love to see a guy that's able to dual threat.
Speaker 4: At running back.
Speaker 9: He's catching passes one handed at that He's going to be a threat in many ways. And when we talked about like a you know, potential running back lineup. He was like my third down guy. I think you're gonna see him a lot this season.
Speaker 4: I really do. But I don't want to see him come off the field in the preseason. I really don't.
Speaker 8: I think it's for me right now. It's a see with a lot of potential. A c first several practices, which include unpadded pre This is and to be fair to Jay and Blue, you can't really tell a lot in unpadded practices from the running back position. But even when paddit practice is fired up, it was a It was a lot of Javonte Williams and Miles Sanders getting those first team reps, and then Cavante Turpin would step in get those handoffs, and then they kind of mixed in Jay and Blue with Phil Malfa and Hunter Lifkey from there. So to Josh's point, yes, we are now seeing Jayden Blue in the first team and it's exciting to see. But it's also because two of your running backs are injured. So that makes me wonder, if Deuce Vaughan and Miles Sanders are not both injured, is Jay and Blue still getting those first team reps? I don't know, maybe maybe not, but the flashes he's he's delivering in the opportunities that he's being given. More so as these days progress, that's what has him on the upward trajectory. So I believe he can finish this camp on an A for me. But right now he's split in the difference. He's he's definitely on the upswing right.
Speaker 1: Now though, B plus for me.
Speaker 5: Man, I think he's he's shown the best vision out of all the running backs to date.
Speaker 1: For me, I know everybody want to talk about his speed.
Speaker 5: I don't even want to get to a speed yet when he gets out, you know, for those first two levels, he's a he's a problem obviously, but his vision has been what has impressed me, and as any running back, whether you're a power back or your scat back or your speed whatever kind of back you want to be, vision is essential.
Speaker 1: His patients and vision have been the best to me out of that at that room, I.
Speaker 3: Blue you're trying to start that, aren't you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: The uh I put an article on Dallas Cowboys dot Com yesterday High five and it was five players with the biggest opportunity going into a big week, and he was on the list because he has a chance if he breaks a run. Yep, either at tomorrow or going into Saturday's game. You break a big run, you have that speed, you have that vision, you put up good numbers.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, this wider's early.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, this running back competition turns from the veterans to oh, look at this rookie who's got.
Speaker 1: Some fifty three. He's getting closer preseason start.
Speaker 5: The thing is, people, whenever you have speed, I know we have blow three whenever we else, people kind of rely on that, and right they trying to get outside a lot of.
Speaker 3: Times he's not doing No, he's in between the tackles very like so is.
Speaker 5: He's showing a lot of maturity in terms of his ability and his responsibilities.
Speaker 2: That's a running back, all right, rapid fire, no description. Just give me a grade here, Shamar James Patrick.
Speaker 1: Uh C.
Speaker 8: I'm seeing him hold on, I'm seeing him start to come on. I'm seeing him start to come on now toward the it's not entirely said.
Speaker 3: I said, no description. We got a rapid fire through this. But but finish your thought first.
Speaker 1: He's on the upswing, on the swing.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 4: B minus. I think mainly because the pads have just come on.
Speaker 3: Okay, B plus, B plus I'm there, B plus. I think he's looked good.
Speaker 4: He doesn't need to come off the field though.
Speaker 2: Johnny Cornelius offensive line out of Oregon Johnny Cornelius B.
Speaker 1: I'm pushing him.
Speaker 4: I haven't watched so much B minus C minus.
Speaker 3: Okay, C minus is where I was thinking. J Toya U C l A.
Speaker 1: Patrick B plus. I need to see him on the first team more often. Okay, but god, I like what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: See I'm gonna be B minus for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh, film offa Clemson.
Speaker 1: C plus plus.
Speaker 8: Minus and not necessarily because of him. That's just he's not getting as many opportunities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tommy A. King Bisote, Maryland C.
Speaker 9: Minus C plus, I just haven't seen very much of them, to be honest with you, minus, I.
Speaker 3: Want to see more. I've seen more Ja Toya than I have. Agreed, Tommy A.
Speaker 2: King Bisote, I still want to see more from both guys across the board. Sorry, we had to blow through those last couple of ones to get through here.
Speaker 8: But Eagles fans in the check don't have a question. Who's the number one podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why they're listening, you know, That's why they're That's why they're in the chat. All right, we'll be back on Wins, bringing him down the entire joint practice that does happen tomorrow. We'll have some extra training camp lives for you as well. Of course, Isaiah will be on the broadcast coming up on Saturday. Lots of exciting things throughout the week here on Talking Cowboys and in Oxnard, California for Isaiah standback Patrick Noci Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yoman saying so long from Oxnard.
Speaker 3: We will see you on Wednesday.
Speaker 13: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.