Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the Week with Morgan Part one, A thing with a member of the show, What's up Everybody? Happy weekend? And other best bits? Is here happy Saturday? That's a happy I don't know why, but that's happy. I'm here with Abby this weekend. Abby. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good?
Speaker 2: Did I not sound good? You're like, I'm good, I am great? How are you?
Speaker 1: Chris?
Speaker 2: I'm so cold.
Speaker 1: I know it is happenning in here. You know now you're used to.
Speaker 2: It because the studio is always cold. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Everybodys always like why do you have winter clothes on? And everything? I'm like, it is Antarctica in the studio. Okay. If I try and wear a tank top, I'm sitting there the whole time this right, Yeah, I know. So bad. Okay, Well, we're going to get into some stuff, but first, if you do, check out part two to catch up on The Bobby Bone Show. This week, we had Haley Welch aka Hawktua Girl on very controversial that we had her on. Bobby received a secret DM about lunch Box. Amy shared some exciting updates on her kids. We did Tuesday Reviewsday, we did a draft of the best replacement cuss words, which I was not very good at because I'm a little bit of a cuss word person myself, so I'm not really used to having replacement words. I dropped a new podcast and there was some making fun of me for a few things that happened. Billboard signs some good stuff there, and we shared our most irrational fears. So that's what's over on part two, Abbie, how's life? How's the boyfriend? Give me some updates on life things?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, some updates. We're still going strong, Yeah, getting pretty serious.
Speaker 1: I would be madly y.
Speaker 2: Yeah I am, actually I am, which.
Speaker 1: I'm right there with you. I get it.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, look at us. Yeah, who would have thought like a year ago?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, if you listen to the best bits of you and I a year ago. For sure we were talking about how single we were.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we were like complaining about dating apps and like.
Speaker 1: Everything so much changed in a year.
Speaker 2: I know. Yeah, I'm just I don't know, staying busy because there's a new you know podcast on the network, not your the Vet podcast, and so I'm producing that and then get real with Carolyn Hobbies. So I feel like, I have a lot going on over here. I'm always in front of my computer kind of like you.
Speaker 1: So lots of work. Yeah, you know how I go and my eyes are like, okay, this is why I have the travel Town matching game, even though it's on my phone. Yeah, but like it gives me my brain a break from other things.
Speaker 2: I probably need to do that I do. I don't know. I feel like my brain's always on. Does it ever shut off?
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't. But you take a lot of walks though, want to help you, right, Yeah, I haven't been. That's much much healthier than what I do. So, yeah, you're.
Speaker 2: Doing something else on the phone, like get away from the screen.
Speaker 1: It's more mindless things. All the other things require so much of my brain that you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well the gym? Are you still going to the gym? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still be boxing?
Speaker 2: Are you boxing?
Speaker 1: I'm not boxing quite as much anymore. Now. I've been doing pilates and hot yoga. I've been trying to be a little bit more chill girl. Errow, not so intense.
Speaker 2: There we go. Okay, not sure it's.
Speaker 1: Working for me though, Okay, so madly in love, very busy with work. Yes, what else is going on? Do you do anything with your singing career? Is that kind of on a pause because work is so busy.
Speaker 2: I'm about to actually record it. Well, you're about to make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the band on the money from your.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm putting it to use nice. Yeah, So I'm excited because the band's about to come in. I don't know how it's gonna sound like you're you send kind of two songs of what you kind of want it to sound like, the vibes, but then a full band comes in and does it. So they only have Yeah, they only have my like acoustic demo or you know mix, I guess the whatever we recorded in studio with the songwriters. But they it's crazy the process. So I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Does it cost them a lot to like hire a band to do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you pay I'm assuming you pay them all individually versus together, So you.
Speaker 2: Actually pay the producer like one one price in full. And then he's the one that is in charge of like hiring the band out. Yeah, I'm doing all that and then singing. Do you know the producer, Yes, he's actually the one that did my first song. Ay, their hometown. So yeah, that I was, like, I really like him. I talked to a few others just to kind of see, but I trust him and I know he did a really good job, so I'm gonna go with him again.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna record all of them in the same studio setting, like all of them in the same few hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I only have one coming up, so.
Speaker 1: One, so you're just recording one song or now I think, yes, the ex boyfriend material.
Speaker 2: I am, but I'm doing it one song at a time. Like I'm not like a pro where they can just rank out like five in a day. I don't know. That's crazy. Like Mega Maroney, how she wrote three songs in one day? Yeah, like that was That's insane. So I'm a little slower placed. So we're just gonna do my next one, which is individual.
Speaker 1: Everybody has their way of going about things, right, I'm like a turtle, you know, just slow and steady.
Speaker 2: Win's the race.
Speaker 1: So that's okay, X ex boyfriend Materias boyfriend material. Okay, so this is the next one going to be recorded? When do you think you're going to release it?
Speaker 2: Dang, I don't know, cause it takes a while. Because I have to go in after that and then do like vocals, and then he has to put it all together. So it's probably like maybe a month or two. I would say it's gonna be a little bit, but maybe September. I'm aiming for maybe my birthdays. That'd be cool.
Speaker 1: Nice. And are you gonna do new photos for this one? Are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I probably should because the last one I just made that like cover art deal. It was like me singing when I was like two on the couch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is super cute though it's great for that song. Yeah, I liked your cover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I need to be creative and think of something with this one, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A lot of things that go into just one song release.
Speaker 2: There is and I had no idea, and like most people have somebody for that, you know, like a creative team, and I'm like, oh, it's just me and Morgan. It's my little like on the side. Yeah, whatever you need consultant, Yeah, what's new with you?
Speaker 1: I honestly so busy with work and releasing the new podcast and staff. I am. I feel I've literally told man in Uniform, I was like, I'm a flounder. I'm just like right here above the water right now, trying to be like, here's there's a little bit more like I was trying to just keep up with it's all good things and all fun and exciting.
Speaker 2: It's just a lot all at once. It is a lot that's very overwhelming. I can only imagine and the feeling of, you know, releasing a podcast, like knowing it's coming out, you'd be like, oh my gosh, it's just so rulnerable Hobby.
Speaker 1: I had so many emotions. I had a full blone panic attack.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, and.
Speaker 1: You heard it because we did an episode with Caroline Hobby that's coming out. I don't know when you you produce it. So when is that one coming out?
Speaker 2: I think in two weeks, not this coming Monday. But the one following.
Speaker 1: Got too okay, so yeah, there's an episode that I'll come up there. But I like, I had a full bone panic attack on Sunday. I was like, I'm really doing this. I'm really about to get people on another platform, like come at me. Okay, here we go. Hopefully it's great. If it's not, well, we crash and fail altogether, that.
Speaker 2: Would be a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was so it.
Speaker 2: Was like scary at first, and then it turned good, like positive on Monday, like when it came out, or was it still like I don't you know, like nervous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like leading up to it. I think I had just been so excited to finally get it out because it had been worked on for so long that when the time finally came, I was like, holy crap. I didn't realize that I had suppressed a crap ton of emotions of like fear and you know, the what is it, uh, what is it called where you're trying to be somebody else and you have a like impostors postures in droome thank you? I couldn't find that Where's a heart right now? Had major imposture syndrome, And like I was just like going through every possible thing that could go wrong, and I just hadn't even dealt with any of that because I was just excited for it to finally be here. And so then when it had money, it all hit at the same time, every emotion happy, sad, sided, scared, nervous, angry, like all of it at once. I was just like this little ball of emotion and it was just hitting at random times. So it's weaned off. Now I feel really good today, and I really love the responses that have been getting the others. Of course haters, it's just part of the part of the game. But I appreciate that the majority or not. And so that's at least helped me through my ball of emotion and floundering that I've been doing.
Speaker 2: Floundering. It's the month of floundering.
Speaker 1: It is exactly you're doing it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh that's awesome though.
Speaker 1: That's exciting, really exciting, just really exciting stuff. And are you liking doing the producing for the other shows? Is that like a fun for you or is it more like, okay, cool, little step.
Speaker 2: I do like it because I was doing two others before this. One of them was talked to Chuck, but that kind of disappeared. So I was doing this a while ago, but now getting back into the swing of it, and like, I like it a lot. It's just you know, on your computer a lot in editing audio, like constantly listening to audio and like cutting out things and adding and but I like it a lot.
Speaker 1: You know, do you find yourself like I think the thing that's struggling for me the most is trying to find my new balance. Like when you enter, like bring something new into your life, what is your new normal? What is that going to look like?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And I don't know what that looks like yet. I'm still like trying to do a d I'm trying to do my show job, do best bits, do the new podcast, and make sure I'm still on social media and make sure the show doesn't deal with any suffering because I'm doing these new things, and I'm like, what is my new normal? Because right now it feels like you're chaos?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Oh yeah, I feel that. I feel like I've never had a normal because with doing podcasts like that, they're all different. Every week you're recording one day, you're recording on Wednesday at one pm, you know the next right after this show on Monday. So there's no like consistency at all with that, and so that is hard to like balance that, and I don't think there's ever gonna be that is my normal. Is that there's it's not normal well.
Speaker 1: And that's hard to because I feel like as you get older, you crave even more consistency. Like the older you get, the more like, no, I need this to be consistent on some wavelength or I'm gonna go crazy. Yes, So it's tough. It's like really fun seasons we're in, but also just really intense at the same time.
Speaker 2: It really is. It's like you never know, and it's hard to make plans too. If someone's like, hey, I have people ask me, hey, do you want to go to this concert in like October, and I'm like, I literally have no idea what I'm doing. I cannot kind of think about right now.
Speaker 1: Do not ask me two months from.
Speaker 2: Now, right Like I wish I could, but I can't because something will come up and it's out of my control and I can't miss it for work, you know. So yeah, it's hard, but we got it. We can do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I tell man in uniform. I was like, this weekend, I say, we don't have any plans, right, He's like, no, Like cool, don't make any because I either need to catch up on a lot of things I need to do or I need to do nothing. If I get caught up on everything that I need to do, yes, and everything else can be bonus. But for right now, Zebra plans uh huh.
Speaker 2: And like my boyfriend, yeah, he likes to be very consistent and like he's a planner, so it's it's really hard because he likes, like what are you doing basically, like but he's getting used to like knowing that I'm not sure Like he used to be like, oh my gosh, you just like to live, you know, play everything by ear, and I'm like, I kind of have to, like I really don't have a choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually winging a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just kind of winging it. Like I don't know what I'm doing Friday night, so let's just wait. Or I don't know what I'm doing Thursday, let's just see, so I don't know. Yeah, it's yeah, it's it's different, but we're opposites in.
Speaker 1: That when you guys like hang out on the weekend, is everything pretty much all planned out? No?
Speaker 2: Not anymore. Like he stopped trying and I'm like, okay, well let's try a little bit.
Speaker 1: Does he want to go and do? Like what's the thing that he wants to do because manoniniform loves to go eat out restaurants, which I love because I'm a foodie. Yeah, so he's like, let's go try a new I'm like, yeah, good, awesome, But like, what's the thing that you guys like to do each weekend. What's your kind of like regular thing.
Speaker 2: He honestly like loves staying at home and just like watching a movie. Oh okay, like making movies. Yeah, usually, but because I'm really picky on movies. I don't like sci fi, you know me, I don't like like anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's making you watch more movies. This is a new, very new era for you.
Speaker 2: I know, and I actually like it. I'm like, oh, this is fun. Like He's like, you want to stay in tonight and I'm like, actually, yeah, let's just watch a movie. I'm like that sounds good. So it's basically just like a chill night, Like he likes to make dinner and just watch a movie, and I'm like, I actually like that.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I used to want to just like go out, which sometimes is fun too, like get a wild hair and go on Broadway because I saw you went there too, and I'm obsessed with Lanies. Oh yeah, I've been there like three keys, yes, like the Darring pianos. It's so fun, Like that's our go to now when I go downtown. I just love it.
Speaker 1: Your go to is a downtown bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we go downtown.
Speaker 1: I was the same. You're still going to Bridway every weekend?
Speaker 2: You wild, not every weekend, but if there something Let's say, like we went to a concert at a sind An Amphitheater and so we were like, okay, let's go, you know, see some piano stuff.
Speaker 1: So it is really cool. I love it. Did you ever? And you probably did? You are on the east Side. There was a dueling piano bar in which Shaw on the east Side called Ernie's. Yeah, Ernie No, what is it? Hold on? It closed so it's not there anymore. But I loved it and we were there often when I was home from college. What yeah, held On? I'm surprised you wouldn't have gone.
Speaker 2: Me too, because I totally would have.
Speaker 1: It was Ernie BIG's Dueling Arnie Bigs.
Speaker 2: I've heard of it, but I'd never I hadn't gone, Like how crazy is that? Because I would have loved it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you would have. And they were they were hilarious. Like the piano players they had there were so good. And you they do like a dollar drinks.
Speaker 2: And you'd be so drum my, God, that sound dangerous, blacked out.
Speaker 1: So I was talking for a piano bar. I love them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I saw that Eric Church's bar has one too.
Speaker 1: But I haven't been to that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've only been.
Speaker 1: Would you do a dueling piano bar gig?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh no, Oh I can't play piano.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, really good at piano.
Speaker 2: It's like improv I mean, they are good at what they do. And one of the other one gets on the drums while the other one.
Speaker 1: Is playing pans. That was shocking me. I was like, you know, piano and drums, what a weird like two different instruments that you can nail both of them.
Speaker 2: Like they're talented. I was like, we're sitting basically underground right now. These are some of the most talented people. Like it's crazy. They're just sitting right in front of the Triple Threat.
Speaker 1: They're good at like impromptu and just winging it on the fly. They're great at instruments and they can sing yes.
Speaker 2: And it's just like they throw their people Wow, I can't talk either, hello, hey, or it's the people throw their requests up there and with a tip or whatever, and like they just look at it and play immediately. I'm like, that's insane.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny is I had thrown my requests like pretty quickly when we were there, and we were there for almost two hours, and I had requested Goodbye or All by the Chip great song, and I was trying to find one that wasn't like a classic dueling piano bar one and it never got played. And then somebody sent me a because I saw a few listeners or sent me a message after I was like, your song got played and I've left. I was like, really, after two hours of waiting, are you serious?
Speaker 2: That happened to me too. My request never got played and I loved what was your request? Mine was Hotel California by the Eagles. That's good, Yeah, I love that song. So but yeah they and they didn't play it because they said, oh it's coming up. Yeah, and then it.
Speaker 1: Never got I was like, oh, okay, we just forgot about it. Whatever.
Speaker 2: Well she switched out because they do switch they rotate, and then someone new came and I think it got lost in the shuffle. I was like, dang it, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we have to go back on our double date. That's still good to happen. It still has to happen. I know, I know, but you just heard about our crazy life still, you know it, give us a little bit of a break here. But on our next day, we can go to dueling piano bars and we'll request both of our songs. Let's go, We'll get them play both of them. Okay, now, just make sure we do like twenty dollars, yeah, one hundred play it right now.
Speaker 2: I wonder if they do it that way.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sure probably, but for sure because I put like a five dollars tip on mine and I was like, okay, hopefully they play it. If not, whatever, cool tip. And there was people that were showing up for like twenty fifty bucks, and of course they're gonna play those if they know them.
Speaker 2: But I know that's funny though, But yeah, you know, just chilling when we get the chance, right, that's fair. You gotta hang out.
Speaker 1: And you guys went to the movies recently too, right. I went and saw Deadpool? You did it?
Speaker 2: Was it good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't know that you would like it, but yeah, it was great.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means to me. It's not like I'm gonna go see it, but yeah.
Speaker 1: You like that, you know, I would suggest if people are gonna see it like you had to have at least watched a lot of the Wolverine movies and like the X Men stuff to have an idea about a lot of the references going on. There are some marvel things you need to know too, But I think you can get away with not having seen them. The Wolverine X Men stuff, you kind of have to And have you seen any of them? Yeah? I didn't think so, but like, it's so good those two together Ryan Reynolds two Jackman, so good that I want everybody to see it. But it is vulgarine. It is a you have to have a specific taste for this type of movie for sure. Oh okay, because there's violence and there's a lot of comedy, and you had to have like if you also had it seen the other two Deadpools, you'd be like, what am I watching?
Speaker 2: So oh my gosh, No, I watched John Wick and I loved it. Wait recently or like it's not a theater no no, no, no, no, no in theater. I just hadn't seen it, and there was so much talk on the show about it, and I'm pretty sure I missed a trivia question.
Speaker 1: Dies though, right though, this is why I can't watch it. It's what is this the one where the dog dies? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See I hated that bar but after that of the Great This is why I can't watch it. I refuse to watch that. You haven't seen it?
Speaker 2: No, so there's a movie I've seen you haven't.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow, all because of the dog dies to Mark this, I didn't know that was going to happen, and I yeah, Like I was watching it with my boyfriend. I was like, no, don't tell me, don't tell me something's gonna happen with the dog. He's like yeah, I'm like no.
Speaker 1: See. Also, this isn't a spoiler because there's literally a website this is does the Dog Die? And for all the other people out there who don't know want our movies? No, well no, because it's like it's I think John Wick is over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that didn't really spoil anything.
Speaker 1: About No, it's the whole premise of the of the movie. I believe it's actually on IMDb. That's how I found out when I went to try and watch it and I was like, no, not gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah that is where it is. But what did you see in theaters Twisters, But I was just saying that was that was more like everybody was talking about like an action.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are right, and I.
Speaker 2: Hadn't seen it, but I actually liked it. So but I saw Twisters in theater which was really good.
Speaker 1: Did you like that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I thought about doing the four D X or whatever that is.
Speaker 1: I put all the water on you and stuff too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I saw videos. I'm glad I didn't. It looked like chaos.
Speaker 1: I feel like you'd vomit.
Speaker 2: People were like bouncing.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like a ride, and it's a ride for like two hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be terrible. I'd have like such a bad headache. But I really liked it, and like, I feel like it's one you want to see in theaters because but I loved the first one, like Twister.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so did I did you? Okay, this might have been a Kansas thing, and maybe it wasn't at yours because you did go to the bougier school. But my little public school, we would watch Twisters during some of our movie days, Like when the teacher didn't want to teach us a lesson, it was either Twister or are we geddon? Were the two movies we'd watch.
Speaker 2: No, we never watched it at school at anything.
Speaker 1: Uh uh, those are like the two movies that were on like Refeet when we got like a movie day in clak about high school or like middle school? Wait, you know when you get a movie day? Did you?
Speaker 2: We rarely got movies? Okay, we were like school.
Speaker 1: This is why we were Like.
Speaker 2: In the books, they're like, hey, you don't get any TV. You get nothing. You're gonna study and read. Oh yeah No.
Speaker 1: There were some days I could tell our teachers came in they had a long night, so we'd get a movie date, like for the class that we were in or whatever, and we'd watch Twister, or we'd watched Armageddon.
Speaker 2: Wow. Nope, never in school, but I watched it at home. Every time it was on. It was like one I had to watch.
Speaker 1: It's so good, and you do feel like this one lives up to the hype and the first one I do.
Speaker 2: Because I was nervous. I was like, when there's something that good, it's hard. Sometimes that's dumb to try to you know, you're not gonna be able to even compare. But it was really good, and I can I feel like this one could have a sequel. It could, in my opinion, Yeah, like the other one. No, but this one, I'm like, uh like left us hanging kind of.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, it's not a spoiler, leaving it open for Glenn Powell to come right on back, Come on back, Glenn. What would you give it? What's you're rating?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd say four point five, four and a half. I don't know why I said four point five. Okay, four and a half.
Speaker 1: Twisters. You suck it rating so bad than I was trying to think. There's nothing else in the movie that you there without giving it away.
Speaker 2: Fields it's the worse.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna take a break. We'll be right back. Let's talk about something cool that you discovered recently, because she said this is something that happened to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh my gosh. So I went to the eye doctor and I was asking them. I was like, do you think I'm a candidate for lasik because I cannot see far away at all? Like I can't see anything, and I can't wear contacts. No, I don't wear anything. I'm you can't see.
Speaker 1: Far away and you don't wear anything? Nope, how do you drive?
Speaker 2: I have glasses?
Speaker 1: Do you just put them on when you drive.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I put them on when I drive.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: It's not that bad. It's more like I can see things but not read. I cannot read letters. I couldn't see a sign from far away or recognize someone's face. Sometimes mistake people a lot. If they're walking towards me. I'm like, do I know them?
Speaker 1: Or do I not?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh, it's you. But anyway, he was like, no, you wouldn't be a good candidate. You'll have to wear like reading glasses the rest of your life. And I was like, I don't want to do that, but well.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure most LASICK candidates do have to wear reading glasses at some point. It's just a matter of is it worth the money for how long you're going to get out of the Lasick? Oh gotcha?
Speaker 2: Because you had Lasik right, and you love it.
Speaker 1: I love it. I would have. I'm so glad I did it. I'm sad that I waited as long as I did. Really, Okay, I don't even know my old life where I had glasses for everything, contacts always getting messed up. I do not know my old life. I don't miss it at all.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, but you can like see when you're reading us.
Speaker 1: I see everything up close and far away. And I was blind, like I if I had nothing in my eyes, everything was blurry. I couldn't see anything.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, Okay, I'm not that bad.
Speaker 1: So but you're just saying because you'd have reading glasses, that's not really a reason unless, like I said, he thinks only five year are gonna get Like five years, you got to pay like twenty thousand dollars. It's probably not worth it.
Speaker 2: But I think that's what he was saying. But there's something new, and it is contacts that you sleep in and it's called corneal molding, and you wake up and.
Speaker 1: You can see and you take them out in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that not awesome?
Speaker 1: I used him, No you didn't.
Speaker 2: I thought this is like some new breakthrough.
Speaker 1: Well I don't know, I don't know how long they've been around for. But I used him in high school, so did it work? But see, these are so weird and they are more extensive than regular contacts. Because I'm telling you, I was miserable and I played sports and my contacts would always get messed up when I was playing softball and I was so horrible. Yeah, these contact lenses that you're talking about, they're hard and they're a little bit littler and you have to use a little suction pump to put them on your eye. Use me, like, well, like you know, have you seen the little section like it's like a little teeny tiny little section thing that you grab the contact with put it in your eye stead of using your finger because it's hard, and you put them on and they're actually they take a minute. They're uncomfortable to sleep in when you first use them, but you get used to it. My sister still uses them, what because she couldn't she didn't get lay six s and' she couldn't. Something happened with one of her eyes and so it wasn't it didn't make sense. So she still uses them and she can also go two days sometimes about sleeping in them, like every night.
Speaker 2: I thought these are ran new because I just got them. I just ordered them.
Speaker 1: I did take it up.
Speaker 2: I haven't tried them yet, yeah, but like I was like, this is insane that you can wear these when you sleep and then you wake up and you can see like how amazing is that?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's incredible, Like it's a cool technology, and I don't I still don't even know how it works because it's not like there's technology and maybe maybe the ones you have, yeah, have even for because I imagined ten years ago. Right now is insane the technology advance, and maybe they're not hard. Maybe they found a way to make them comfier to sleep in.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm worried about that, and they didn't say that well.
Speaker 1: And again, it just took me a few nights to get used to them. Yeah, because it's like having something harder in your eye than you know, like your soft little contact lenses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't understand how they can work. I'm nervous. I was like, if I'm dreaming and you know how your eyes like roll back and want they get caught behind my eyes.
Speaker 1: It did happen, and it does hurt.
Speaker 2: I don't think that happens.
Speaker 1: Well, he's by never use them, he wears glasses.
Speaker 2: He does not use them. Okay, they do you, but.
Speaker 1: It's no different than like when you lose a contact. If you've ever had regular contacts and you lose them and they's somewhere in your eye and you're like, what is happening? Use regular.
Speaker 2: Nope, I've never done. You're going hard like I'm going from just like I'm zero to one hundred immediately. I want to be able to see treatment. Okay, well, I thought it was new, but that was cool for me to know that.
Speaker 1: That's I think a lot of people know about it, so I think it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Corneal molding.
Speaker 1: I just like brought back memories for me. Wow. Okay, so no basic for you, but you're going to mold your cordeos?
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh my gosh, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: You're I have to let me know your view, how you feel. When do they get in?
Speaker 2: They're already in, but I don't know if I have time this week to pick them up.
Speaker 1: Oh so next week get them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just gotta go get them and then they'll probably show me. So I'm I'm curious to know this section. That's a section thing.
Speaker 1: I'm curious and it's still that way. Again, this is ten years ago when I did this. I do think my sister still uses them in the same way. I don't know that they've changed all that much.
Speaker 2: But okay, well if she uses them and likes them, that's cool. Yeah, Okay, let me know how.
Speaker 1: It goes, Oh, well, they'll blind abby. I know it's literally been dragging blind not safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I went to the DMV now, they would probably. I don't know if I would pass. I passed last time, but I now I just not this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's just more like reading signs far away, like street signs. But I'm not important, you know, I just have to wait till I'm like twenty feet away.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think it's where I'm going. Okay, well I did. Uh. I didn't necessarily discover it newly, but for years I had villainized sushi. I hated sushi. I tried it one time when I was in like a junior in high school, and I was like, this is the most disgusting thing I've ever had. And it was an imgitarian one. I mean it was like a avocado something, but it was the seaweed. I hated the sea. I thought it was so grol So like, why do you people eat this? And my boyfriend is much more mature than I, and he loves ty food and Indian food and all the different foods, and I'm like, fucking Mexican, American, Italian, It's all I got. And so I've been trying to go outside of that, and I tried sushik and you know what, I liked it. I didn't And maybe my taste mud change because they say those change every seven years, so it's possible they've changed, Like you can do this now, but I actually liked it. I was like, dang, I really hated on that for a long time for no reason.
Speaker 2: But is it like a veggie roll?
Speaker 1: One I got a vegeta role and then I got an avocado roll. Okay, yeah, those are different different variations. One was like the outside rise. One was all rolled in together.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, and they were good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We also went to a really good place. It's a place called Bite a Bit in East Nashville. I who they have tie and sushi, so I got to try all of it and they had really bom fried rice.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I love fried rice. But I've never had sushi either. I don't like raw fish, like I can't do that, so I've only had like the veggie rolls, like okay, so you like, but do you like the veggie roll? I actually do. I didn't. I was kind of the same where I was just like ew sushi. And then when I realized that they have it without raw fish and they're like crab or whatever. I was like, oh, I'll do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, what are all the kinds you've had? Because I'm new to this, this is a new game for me. Is that it there's just like a veggie roller avocado.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't go that hard like in restaurants and get it, but like I've tried to. I don't know. I've tried it at Kroger. Honestly, they have that little like sushi and they have vegetellies.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've gotten it before. It just has it's like cucumbers, avocado and carrots. It's very basic. But if you want to get like a little fixed.
Speaker 1: Okay, well this one, the veggie one I had was a cucumber and pickled onion and something else. Oh man, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a really good veggie. That's like little roll situation. I should start start try at restaurants, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's a hard though, Like that was hard for me to get out of my comfort zone because as a vegetarian, I was always afraid to like go and try these other places because it's hard to find vegetarian options. Yeah, and then the vegetarian options aren't ever that great. I was like, dang, you really like this, Like he will see it every weekend. I'm like, wow, I'm gonna really have to go out of my comfort zone here. And I'm glad I did because it was a good spot and good sushi, good fried rice, good little vegetarian egg roll situation.
Speaker 2: I just don't feel like sushi feels like a meal to me. It's like an appetizer. I feel like I'm left wanting more.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, See, sushi is tricking you, like qeso and chips are you know how like the chips are like tortillas if you think about sushi, they give you so much. First of all, I thought I was gonna have like three little sushi things and I'd be like, cool, I'll try it. It came out this whole freaking plate. Oh it so long. There was like twenty sushi in front of me. I was like, I didn't prepare for that. But it's like if you were to have a bowl of rice, like some type of rice bowl. It's just like that. I was tricking you. It is to make you think that it's not a meal. It is.
Speaker 2: I know I'm always just like, hey, I'm ready for a real meal now right, But I'm like, I'm full, but I'm just like I'm not. I don't know, I'm just not.
Speaker 1: Sushi is two rice bowls? What tortillas are too? Tips and case? And I don't know that I did that all on the right order, but you get what. I'm interesting there. It is. Okay, before we dump in and take a quick break, who has been your favorite Olympian to follow on social media? Maybe you're not, but like, I'm not even really watching the Olympics. I'm only watching stuff on social media, but I've been following, Uh, Simone by holes. I just love her.
Speaker 2: I think Simone, Yeah, she's the most like interesting. I mean, I don't really follow any of them, but Simone I do watch. Yeah, she's just insane.
Speaker 1: It was Simon and the rugby player that oh Bob I was talking about. I can't gosh, what's her name?
Speaker 2: Oh? I keep seeing her on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: She's someone that acts like it's Olympic villa. Oh my god, I was dying.
Speaker 1: Okay, her name is Ion leon Iona. Yeah, maher, I know I butchered that name for sure. I don't I can't and all of these it just has two straight lines. Why do they do that with the L and the eye when it's in things like which one is the I am? Which one is the.
Speaker 2: Ill I know?
Speaker 1: I don't know? Or they both eyes? Are they both l's?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Yeah, she's so funny. She was like, I just talked to a guy just talked to me on line and she was like She's like, he told me to screw it up.
Speaker 1: That's when I saw too, like so we're gonna be married next year.
Speaker 2: And then they're like and then she was like, yeah, I'm here to meet in my man and they're like, no, you're here to like compete, You're here to play rugby. She's like, well, I mean that too.
Speaker 1: I love Yeah. Her and Si, like Simoto, the two that I've been keeping up with, I feel like via Olympics and on social media. I really haven't watched a lot of them.
Speaker 2: I know me neither. But it's fun to see, to try to see like the insides of like Olympic village, because it's like this you want to be a part of it, Like you're like, what's happening back there? It's kind of like this behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: Everybody loves it.
Speaker 2: Behind the scenes thing, do so, and I want the behind the scenes of the Olympic village.
Speaker 1: Oh, they we're gonna take one more quick break. I maybe go watch them behind the scenes, so the Olympic Village and we'll be our back, okay. I have this theory that every person has three to five outfits in their closet that they will wear on repeat because they know that this outfit always looks good on it, and they will choose it over all the others, just like three to five, and you'll probably find yourself wearing it more often than not. And I had kind of been watching the show Lunchbox Eddie a little bit. Ray Mundo does this, I do it. Oh you're okay. Well. Also, Lunchbox is hard though, because every time he comes in here, it's like one week is one sweatshirt and the next is the other. So I'm pretty sure he only owns like three sweatshirts.
Speaker 2: I think I've only honestly seen one outfit on him, so I'm curious to know if he has more than one.
Speaker 1: I know there's multiple hoodies, I just don't know how many. But like, I think this is a thing and I do this like I have three dress up outfits that like win and down. I'm having a fit in my closet. I'm going for that sure, even if I wore it yesterday. Oh you know what I mean. I'm like, yeah, I'm gonna put that on. I know it's gonna work. Do you have this or is this theory wrong?
Speaker 2: I do? No? I think I do too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean what I'm wearing right now is my go too. But I feel like I don't know. I don't think I wear that much at work, but I just love it. This is my cozy this is my leggings, and like my button up just cozy. But I can see that.
Speaker 1: Are you more of a cause? I like when you just say cozy? Re mind me? Like I am so excited for fall and winter because I love cozy clothes.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait.
Speaker 1: Like that's my DM. Those clothes are my dam very wearing minimal clothes. And like the summer office, I'm like, not for me, I want my cozy clothes.
Speaker 2: I know. And also I feel like in the summer, like when it's one hundred degrees out, I'm like sweating, and I always have to pick out outfits that doesn't show my sweat, you know, if I'm gonna be outside for a long time, and so that's what I'm always like, Oh my gosh, am I gonna be sweating in this? But like, yeah, in the fall, you're just like.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, so you do have them? In theory is probably correct.
Speaker 2: I think so, but I still want to know about lunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A lot of questions about him so.
Speaker 2: Wearing is the blue the blue clashing suit?
Speaker 1: Oh, his bluit basically no, it's his blue tracksuit. It's his blue sweatpants and his blue and yellow soccer sweatshirt.
Speaker 2: Is it the button up sweatpants? Does he still have those?
Speaker 1: You know? I feel like those who got a hole on him and he had to get rid of him. I don't think the ones that he currently wears are Maybe I'm wrong, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, with the show, I feel like I don't see people wearing a lot like Amy. I feel like she's always wearing a new outfit. Yeah, I really.
Speaker 1: See her, Like I don't think she fits in my theory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think she does. I can see the others, but with her at Bobby, like, I'm like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I have seen Bobby wear some of his favorite like crew neck sweatshirts, but he does have more than three to five, I would say, but I have seen him wear like some of his favorites or some of his favorite hats.
Speaker 2: Yes, like hats.
Speaker 1: I think it's so interesting that we buy our like we fill all these closets with so many things, and then you just find the five and that's all you wear. It's like your uniform, I.
Speaker 2: Know, like Ray always wears solid colors, like he's always in like black swotpants and like a white T shirt and.
Speaker 1: It's always jogger pants most of the time. Anyway, uh huh. I don't know if he's still on that kick though, I.
Speaker 2: Know I think it is okay. And then Scooba is always in like the wildest shirts you're ever gonna see. Yeah, and he rotates those, he throws new ones, a few new ones in. But wow, this is so interesting to see, So.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a loose theory. I was just more watching people. I like to people watch though too, and just see how people live their lives. It's interesting to me, is so it's I was like, well, just kept watching everybody's office. Also, I probably pay attention more than anybody else because they watch all the videos, so I see everybody's offits. That's true.
Speaker 2: No, But when I'm in when I'm in my closet, I'm like, oh, I wore this last week. Is someone gonna like notice? And I'm like, I don't think they do, but I notice.
Speaker 1: It's not. I'm like, hey, I'm an alpha repeater, like you remember Listen mcguarth, she's like outfit. I am an alpha repeater through and through right, and I will never judge somebody for repeating an outfit, so you can do it all day long, even if I'm watching. I more appreciate that I'm not alone in the fact that there's like five outfits that I like on me and the rest are crap.
Speaker 2: I've never noticed that though, But you like wear those like all the time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's more when I go out, like you know it and and work is hard because like sometimes I'll dress up because if we have a guess. At other times like today, I look like it actually actually I'm not sure what that one actually. I am just really don't care today. But like when I go out, it's the same kind of outphit same vibes. Yeah, when I get on a kick of one and then I'll lose it and I'll have a new kick on another one. I wish I could think that way.
Speaker 2: I'm too worried that someone's gonna be like, you wore that three months ago.
Speaker 1: Nobody cares if I see it, and I'd be like, yeah, yes, I'm a repeater, you're on this team.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna started doing it. I got that'll add less stress to my life, or that will take away stress. Because I stand in my closet and I'm like, I already wore that one two weeks ago. What do I wear? Just wear it, Just wear it and be done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not kidding. If you start watching me, I'll wear are a lot of the same outfits.
Speaker 2: Watching them writing down very hilarious.
Speaker 1: You'll be like, there'll be on like a two week rotation.
Speaker 2: Monday, you wear this stripe sweater. Do you say you wear the button up?
Speaker 1: They're like planed on every day.
Speaker 2: I thought about doing that once because I was like, that would make our lives easier. Yes, because I do stand in front of my closet sometimes in the morning for like ten minutes and I'm like, what haveby just oh my gosh, it makes something.
Speaker 1: Those are the days when those days happened to me. That's when you see me in a krewnack and I was like, I couldn't do it today.
Speaker 2: You just give up completely.
Speaker 1: I do because my actual uniform, like my genuine uniform every day is a crew neck and like genuinely my uniform, yeah it could be. So there are just some days where I'm like, I don't want to deal with the outfit decision today. Right, it is a lot. Let's getting put on. Yeah, Okay, last last thing I want to talk about before we jump out. What is something you hope to accomplish in your lifetime? And now, the reason this game brought up is because I saw a couple on TV who had visited six hundred and forty four out of six hundred and forty five crackle, crack, I cannot say words today, cracker barrel, wow in the country world. I'm not sure if they're all over, but they had visited almost all of them besides one, and I think it was a cool thing for them to drive for. So, what unique thing do you want to accomplish in your lifetime? And I'll give you a second to think about it. Okay, I can sit here in buffer be Is that the word? Probably not?
Speaker 2: I don't know if mine's unique.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: I want to visit all continents, all seven continents.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on that. That was gonna be mine. It was, yeah, no way. Well, so my first goal is to visit every state and then all seven continents, and then I'll be like, cool, I've seen the world.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. That was a recent one because I was like, I don't want why would I want to go to Antarctica?
Speaker 1: And I still am like, okay, but if you've not been on Antarctica, TikTok. I want to go to Antarctica. There's penguins.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, sign me up.
Speaker 1: Right, But you have to go through these like crazy waters to get there, and it's it's sketchy, but they're like beautiful blue right. Well, it depends where you're at. I think in the open ocean not so much, but like when you're near glaciers and everything, Yeah, you have glacier waters. And I saw people do kayaking in Antarctica in a glacier like a situation. Yes, and then yeah, somewhere with penguins, that's so cool.
Speaker 2: That'd be awesome. Penguins there's so cute.
Speaker 1: It will probably be like the last one I check off in my lifetime. That's gonna be hard because I think it takes a lot of traveling and so like I'll have to be probably retired to get to that one.
Speaker 2: I know, you know, Yeah, that is so I guess that's not I'm trying to think one else.
Speaker 1: No, it's a good one. Okay, it is because we're in it together. Yeah, and ends hard because like accomplishing your lifetime, it's something that's gonna take a while. My other side of that, if I finish that, or along the way of finishing that, I want to visit majority of the national parks. I don't know that I need to see all of them because I think there's some maybe it shouldn't be national parks. You're kind of like, man, but I think most of them are really cool. Yeah, that's how I want to see most of them.
Speaker 2: Oh, I want to climb Mount Everest.
Speaker 1: That's a good goal.
Speaker 2: That's what I want to do. That's a good goal because that's hard, h in that altitude.
Speaker 1: I think you have to train for that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, and I like, I'm not gonna do that when I'm retired. Here we go.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of goals for retirements. I'm gonna be.
Speaker 2: So tired by then.
Speaker 1: I know you're like, how are you just going to I'm just gonna hang out on the beach.
Speaker 2: However, it will be there another lifetime, another lifetime. Yeah, no, yeah, oh that'd be good. Mount Everest, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna hold you to it if I see you one day you're a hundred years old, I'm like, go get that Mount Everest, girl.
Speaker 2: I'm the oldest one to climate that the Guinness Book of World Records for the oldest lady to climb it, or like.
Speaker 1: You travel all the way too. They're like, nah, I take this one back.
Speaker 2: You know it was a good thought back in my day. I'm back in a good days.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, Abby, thank you for enjoying. Call the people where they can find you. Hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: On Instagram, Abby Lee Anderson and then on X singing.
Speaker 1: Abby Nice, and are you on like streaming platforms to listen to hey their hometown?
Speaker 2: I think I'm on all of them, just Abby Lee Anderson because I have my one song. Hey their hometown, Hey, their hometown, and I'm still getting confused, you know, for the other Anderson. I got an email the other day that was definitely meant for her. I was like, wrong, Abby, You're.
Speaker 1: Like, ooh, but opportunity here maybe yeah, hey, I'll show up.
Speaker 2: It was about like a set and like a gig and all the equipment. So I should have been like, yeah, what time runing to be there?
Speaker 1: That could be a news story, like you reach out to Abby and you both show up though, how hilarious that'd be funny. I love her, She's so sweet. Okay, okay, okay, and listen to my new podcast. Ye take this personally, very exciting stuff. The first episode is out. The next one drops on Monday.
Speaker 2: So it's every Monday.
Speaker 1: Every Monday. Oh I love it episode and you could come follow me out growl Morgan or at take this personally, but you can also follow the show at Bobby Bone Show. I think that's all. You have anything else to add before we jump out of here?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: All right, well here everybody have I every weekend, that's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 2: Bobby Bone Show and followed web
Speaker 1: Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.