Speaker 1: Hello, guys, welcome back to the second part, Part two of my conversation with a Medio Sanchez, who happens to be my husband. Hi, babe, Hi, welcome back, Thank you. Okay, So this part we're going to talk about how life has been as a married couple. A lot of people always ask me, do you feel different? Does it feel different? Is he different? Are you different? So we're going to answer all those questions here. You want to talk about all of it, all of it? Are you open to be one hundred percent honest?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: All right, because he's more of a reserved person, which I like, and I'm an open book. As you guys know. These are questions that my producers put together from questions that you guys have asked. So we're going to start off with, all right, Yeah, we got married in July July fifth, So how many months is that?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 1: Four? Okay? I don't even know. And then we were talking about last night how long I would have been, like how pregnant I would have been right now?
Speaker 2: I think like six months, six months?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So AnyWho, how do you feel about that situation? Actually, now about the midscourage, Yeah, we haven't really talked about.
Speaker 2: It, Yeah, we haven't. To me, I really see it more as like a learning experience. Obviously, in the moment, it felt super tragic, but I think that we handled it, handled it very well together. Yeah, so like it. I don't feel that it's like something that's like draining or like weighing me down in any sort of way, because it kind of gave me a little bit more hope for a future rather than it being like a negative thing. Obviously it was sad, but I think we worked through it pretty well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think now I just and you know, I feel like my body was saying that we can and you know, it just it really gave us a glimpse of how it will be, you know. I don't know. I think everything happened and the way it was supposed to happen, although again it was tragic and very painful, as you guys know because I shared it, But yeah, I wanted to check in with you because I haven't really talked to you about it.
Speaker 2: But honestly, when I think of it, I think of like how happy you were when when we were, and like how happy we were. I don't know, it felt it felt very exciting, like driving to the doctor going and just spending time together and like think planning things, buying things, like it just felt it felt fun.
Speaker 1: I was a different person for you.
Speaker 2: Sure you were you to me, you seemed like a little girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy. Yeah, for sure, I was calm. I didn't if I'm upset me. I didn't want anything to like. It was just I was a really good, pregnant prier. It was great whatever. Okay, So anyways, okay, so yeah, it does marriage feel different for you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow? Okay, well I'm curious.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's weird because like before you're marriage, you're just like, oh, it's a legal thing and a piece of paper, and it's like and it's it's not like that. I don't even think of that part of it. Obviously, the ceremony and the actual you know, our wedding day was very magical. We had you know, our famili's there. Yeah, even though I kind of like blacked them out and just focused on you. It like it was so fun. It was so fun that like looking into your eyes, like seeing that part like that was the most amazing day ever. And so I think of that and that was the beginning of it. You know, we we started off our marriage with a wonderful day and and then these like feelings come that are just different, Like I when I'm like, you're my wife, like that just sinks into my body a lot different now than when we were just engaged. I definitely feel more secure with our relationship, with feeling like I have a big responsibility now where I'm like, this is our this is our marriage. I need to take care of it. It's the it's the number one priority in my life. And I feel like you're my wife. I have to protect you, I have to take care of you. And it's just that that feeling just grew to another level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's when people ask me like is it different. I was explained to my friend Brianna. She's like, is it different? How do you feel? I'm like, it doesn't feel different, like in a negative way. If anything, I've noticed that you feel more like you've been more vocal about protecting me, like on tour or with things like and I like that, like it's amplified where it's like I need to take care of her, this is the person I need to protect and you have been like I've also seen that now that you're my husband in the respect is different outside like people on the team or you know what I mean, like, and I like that, but also with you, I feel like you're more like I'm a husband. No, like this is not going to happen. And I do need someone like that in my life because sometimes I'll protect myself, but I'm so busy and focus and like like honed in that I don't protect myself in certain situations and you do.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think there's a lot of things that are there's a lot of moving parts in your life that I feel like sometimes it's different. It would be difficult for anybody, but for you to like kind of keep tabs on everything without things getting you know, passing by without without you catching them, and so like I feel like I'm like your second pair of eyes sometimes for surecause yeah, it is my responsibility to take care of you and to like catch things. And I expect the same thing on your end, you know, like if if I'm doing something like I would, I would, I would expect for you to be like, hey, like did you notice this or how do you feel about this? You know, and it's the yeah. And with everyone else too, I feel like they're not like nothing's changed attitude wise from other people in a bad way, and not even in a drastic way. There's kind of subtle, but like you do feel the sense of like people giving you our places as a married couple, for sure, I can feel.
Speaker 1: That absolutely because I think it's you know, they're still there dating or they're they're engaged, but then like marriage like solidifies things, yeah, you know in every way. And I was very scared. I was afraid of you changing. I was like, oh, is he going to feel more confident and that in the good way? Like is it you know what I mean? It's you know, I would like that that you feel more confident in that way that we just talked about. But like sometimes people or past experiences, people were like, oh, you're my wife, you need to do this, like this is your obligation, this is your duty as my wife, and it's like way to second. And that's one thing that we talked about early on that I'm like, I don't want to feel that way. I wanted to come out of I want to do things because I'm your wife and because I'm monastic, because I want to do it out of my heart, not because oh, that's your obligation. And I don't feel that way towards you either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'll be you know I've told you this in private before, but like I'm pretty honest, like in your lifetime, you know you've you've lost your mother, you've done this before marriage, and you know in your life you've lost both of those things. And so for me, I think of that as like, if she's lost these two big things in her life, why am I so permanent? Or why why would I Why can't I get away with anything? And I don't believe that I'm not going to change after we get married, because I know that if i'm if I become someone that doesn't deserve you, you have no problem with letting that piece go in your life. And so for me, you know, not that I needed that, but it holds me accountable. It'll be like I just I need to be the best man to you, married or not. So it's it's what I'm going to do and I'm not. You're fully capable of walking away from anything in your life that you need to walk away from, and I'm no exception. So it's it's something that I just I need to be a man of my word. And you've helped me do that in my life a lot.
Speaker 1: So I love you and that's why I said, like the song Casia passando, for it to continue to happen, because you know, because I have been married before, I learned a lot from that situation. I learned what I want, what I don't want, and what I have to change and how I have to be different to make this marriage work, because I don't want to do this over and over, like you know what I mean, Like I don't even like to say the D word. You know what I mean, And I don't mean you know, dick, I mean like you know the other word. We don't even like to say that. We've told ourselves that we're not going to bring it up even if we have the worst argument. We both decided if that were to ever happen, God forbid, it would be a certain situation that we talked about that I don't even want to bring that into the space. But I think on the other side of that token, like what you said that because I have been through this, like you feel like you know, I have been through a lot of things, and I do feel that God will give me the strength if I need to walk away from anything or anyone, and on my end as a wife, it makes me feel like I have to. I want to take care of him because he's a great guy, and I want to be a good wife and make sure that I please him and that I don't disappoint him because I also don't want anyone else to have him. Ever. I want to be your first and only wife forever.
Speaker 2: That's it, that's the plan.
Speaker 1: So what do I have to do as a woman because I don't want anyone to have you? So he's completely aliment's girls, don't even try me. You are good to me, and I am good to you. I feel like I'm a great wife, am.
Speaker 2: I Yeah, that was going to be the next thing I was going.
Speaker 1: To tell you, tell me what I'm so.
Speaker 2: Oh honestly, Like I think about it every day, Like you are such an amazing wife. Like yes, you're a great partner, you're a great you're a great girlfriend, great fiance, but like you've stepped into this role and like like it's just another feeling when you do something for me. Now, if you make me breakfast or you do this or anything, it just feels way different now that you're my wife. I don't know how to explain it sometimes, but you're just I think the intentions behind it is what I feel because you do things to truly like make my baby my day better, or make me feel good, or just because you want to show me love, and it's the intentions are I feel are or when you do something it's because you absolutely want to do it.
Speaker 1: I have to feel it in my heart for sure.
Speaker 2: And that love transfers over to me and it feels amazing. Honestly, I think it.
Speaker 1: I always say this, and again it might sound cliche bla blah blah blah, but I really, really really feel that everything happens for a reason. And I think that I had to go through that situation to learn to grow, to prepare me for this for us, because we have arguments. Of course, like every relationship, we have arguments, we have disagreements, we're not always on the same page. I've learned that it's okay. He has his own mind, his own feelings. I can't expect him to be like me. I have to respect how he is and he respects how I am. It's like I don't own this person, and I used to think that I owned the person that this is and that's not okay in any circumstance, in any situation. So it's like he's his own individual. I am too, and we've come together to love each other and to respect each other and every day try our best. And all I can do is pray that it continues to get better and that we both continue vice versa, not just one side. I can't expect him to court me and to make me fall in love and romance me. I also have to romance him, you know, Like I planned our last date night. I was like, I said, hey, let's go on date night, and I want to go here, and we'll go there, and he paid, But but I planned it. But it was really fun. Yes it was, and we really needed it. And I think that's important to keep doing that stuff, like leaving each other little notes randomly, like you know, just doing the things that made us fall in love. And it's yes, it's young, guys, it's a young relationship. It's we're newlyweds, I mean a young marriage. We're newly weeds. But it's keeping that in mind, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I also feel that a lot of the things that we do have been a part of our relationship since day one. And so I think just everything that we already built, the foundation that we built, is just being enhanced now by marriage. Yeah, and so it's not like it's anything new. It's not like we haven't done these things for each other before. Now they just we just have to continue to do it. You know, the date night was beautiful the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was nice.
Speaker 2: We really needed that. You cried the entire time tears of joy. But you cried tears of joy.
Speaker 1: I was just I was I was so like last week was I don't know, I was going through a lot, but yeah, it was nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean it's just confirmation that you know, we're each other's best friends and we're I mean, you're my favorite person to be with every day and yeah, and like sitting at that date night, I'm just like, it's just us talking. We're wor with each other every day. Like how deep of a conversation can we really have all the time? But it just happens. It happens naturally.
Speaker 1: It was tight. It was tight. Yeah. Do you like calling me your wife like saying I love my wife? Yeah? Absolutely, me too.
Speaker 2: I remember doing it like the first week and I and people are like, oh, I'm like, yeah, yeah, that's why.
Speaker 1: I remember you used to say that, like I cannot wait to call you my wife. Yeah, and now I'm like, oh, it's my husband. You supposal like this and it feels it feels good. It feels it doesn't feel forced, it doesn't feel it just it just feels good. Yeah. Just And I really really pray that all of you get to experience real love and someone that values you and you know equally though, because there's nothing like being in a relationship where the two people really value and appreciate each other and do nice things for each other. And yeah, and I think that's another thing. Like I we were hanging out with your mom yesterday, your mom and your grandma. It's like a like a thing that's like our thing. Our favorite thing to do is that at least once a week every two weeks, like really go out and take them to lunch and hang out. And it's like nice to be able to have that to have Like cause, dude, watching this show, we're like like, it's really we need to finish it. By the way, but is I love what is it called I Love a Mama's Boy? Yeah, dude, I was like, thank god, I don't have a mother in law like that. Dude, this show if you guys have not watched it, it's on Netflix, crazy y'all. Like, and I love his mom, and I was thinking about I was like, dude, it's great. I don't have to worry about siblings. My siblings are cool though, yes they love you, but I don't have to worry about sisters. Imagine if like his sisters were like b words and like, his mom is great. Her and I get along perfectly. I asked her to call off work and she did, but she was kind of feeling sick, you know, so she called just in case watching from work, but but we hung out. It was nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I it feels good that I feel like I get to like share my mom with you and like she she watches over both of us as as we're both her kids obviously, and like the so awesome. Yeah, it brings me joy to like to be able you get to experience that and have you know that you know that you have someone genuine and who really loves you, who really cares about you, because.
Speaker 1: That would be super difficult if your mom didn't like me.
Speaker 2: Huh, yeah, no, for sure. Likes are so close. She always asked for, you know, our our flight number so she could track our flights access even if you fo.
Speaker 1: My location out. Uh huh. She's like, I need your fight, your fighting.
Speaker 2: Phone, even if I'm not flying with you, dude.
Speaker 1: And I turn on my phone and right away, oh good you landed.
Speaker 2: Thank god.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn. She's like really, So she's like, she's it's really cool. It's really cool because now she has a daughter. Yeah, you know, it's.
Speaker 2: It's pretty dope, the daughter that she never had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. So do we fight less or more now that we're married. We really I don't feel like we've had a lot of arguments.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: A really big thing that I feel that helped us, that everyone should do is is pre marital counseling. I think we chop down a lot of the really big things in marriages that that people need to focus on, that they don't think of until they're already in the marriage. And you know, we watch a lot of shows. We watched a lot of a lot of dating shows and things like that, and people just start getting married. I'm like, we sit there and we watch this and I'm like, guys, go do the ground work, go to counseling, go figure that stuff out. And I see so many people do this and they don't do it. Of course that doesn't cover everything, but I feel a reason why I feel like it's kind of been a little more calm than than before was because we we did go do that work. And of course it's not it's not done and over, but there's a lot of there's a lot of big pillars in that that you need to that you need to cover. I at least know what your partner expects and wants in the marriage so that there's no surprises later. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even remember our last fight to you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I think a lot of the things that we do or sometimes that we fight about are just like it comes from I feel like they really come from stress. And like if if if you're really stressed out or I'm really stressed out, and we're yeah, and we might just say something respond in a certain way. I'm not gonna hide it. But we're both very sensitive and I think we're so in tune. Our fregencies are so in tune that I can I can be half asleep and just the and not even open my eyes, and the way you get up, I can I can tell if you're in a good mood or not, and like, and that's just the truth. That's just how connected I feel to you. So I know when you're in a bad mood.
Speaker 1: How my mom was like how I yeah, I know, I know, yeah yeah, And not a bad thing, I know. But it's something that I want to work on because I'm really good with Like if I'm in a bad mood or I'm upset with someone, I don't take it on anyone else. But I think because you are the closest person to me, I'm stressed out and I'm feeling a certain way, I might be a little bit more like crabby, you know, and like I'll snap at you and I'm like fuck, Like he's like, don't talk to me like that. Like I'm like, damn, you're right, But I'm not like that with anyone else, really, like I just and I don't feel like that's fair and I could admit that, and it's something I have to work on. And I think it's just because not that I'm taking advantage of you, but it's just you're the closest person to me, so I share everything with you, yes, of course, and it's like I do want to work on that. I think I needed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I didn't bring that up and be like, oh, that's the reasonably I don't know, I know, but it's true. But it's it's I was more explaining of just like how connected we are, and I just we can tell and I think a lot of a lot of the times it's just just like daily annoying things that annoy us, that might just tick us off or be like, oh, well, well now we're in a bad mood and yeah, sometimes just like I don't know if she's a bad mood or maybe, and then I get a bad mood and then we just kind of go back and forth. But that's mostly but that's expected and and that's why I don't even like hold that over I don't want to hold that over each other's heads. We spend a lot of time together. We're obviously married, and we're gonna spend the rest of our lives together, so it's just something that we have to. Like, I would just like the response time to be cut down short of of us realizing like okay, we do yeah, yeah, what do you want for dinner?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now it's he's been he went with me to La I'm except for those two days that he needed to work. But you know, now he's gonna start going on tour. He's gonna go on tour with Becky. So we've been together a lot. So now it's like, I don't know, we'll see, yeah, you know, it's an be fine.
Speaker 2: And you see, like that's like another thing that I feel right now. I've done these while I've been with you before, and they feel a lot bigger before. Not that this doesn't feel big or important, because it is. It's it's it's a great opportunity and great work. But I feel very secure, Like I feel like I can go away for a weekend.
Speaker 1: And that's good everything.
Speaker 2: You know, it's just a feeling of like, Okay, I don't have to worry about things. I don't have to. Of course I worry about your safety and stuff like that, but it's a it's a better feeling of being connected to each other for sure.
Speaker 1: It just feels, yeah, I'm more solidified. I don't know what other word, you know, but like it's it's also okay, like we need I feel like that space is going to allow us to miss each other and to make us stronger. So it's like finding that balance between our careers and our personal life, our marriage. And I think as long as you communicate, I think we'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just something that you know that going with that with traveling apart from each other. And I really use you as like my support through all that, like when I'm gone and traveling without you, and you know, being on the road, like our daily communication is what helps me like get through the days, get through the long hours, get through the traveling. People don't really understand like how draining traveling is. Yeah, and sleeping in a different hotel room every night, and so I really depend on your energy to like, Okay, we're good, we're communicating, we're setting each other love. That gets me through those long weekends, through those long flights.
Speaker 1: And yeah, just imagine if I wasn't answering or something like that would stress you out. That's not fair. He's working and vice versa. You know. But but yeah, I mean, how's the sex. What how's the sex? You know, we're not going to not talk about it, Like I think it's gotten better. I mean it's always been good, but it's been like you know what it is. I was thinking about this last night, no, the night the other night that it was great anyways, I was, I was, you know, oh my gosh, I don't want to be just cleaning up whatever. And I was like, thank you God, Like I seriously felt like I was like, it's my husband. I'm not fornicating, Like I really really felt like that. I was like, this is awesome, do you know what I mean? Like I was like, I don't have to worry about God being upset with me, like it felt. It just feels better. It just it feels cool and like I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, no for sure. And also you.
Speaker 1: Noticed that I've been putting on cute like cute things.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, yeah, sometimes you fall asleep, but it's okay.
Speaker 1: Like last night I put it on. I was like, yeah, I was like I'm tired.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah. I think uh. I think we can both agree that we probably had probably the best night, craziest like intimate intimacy connection that we ever had on one of these nights after after our marriage. Like yes, and again, it's not.
Speaker 1: A forty day cleanse, yeah crazy.
Speaker 2: And it's not even like it's not even just like a dirty sexual thing. The the level of intimacy and connection and energy that we had that one time blew my blew my mind. I couldn't believe it, like it.
Speaker 1: Was awesome and we were both like, whoa, it was crazy.
Speaker 2: It was just crazy, and I I don't know that was It was after a cleanse of forty day cleanse of you know, giving up things that we want, and I don't know the energy, it's the energy for me for for that time, that just it blew me away for sure, Like I thought I was gonna die. For like an hour after, I'm like, yeah, what the hell just happened? This is crazy.
Speaker 1: In the middle of it, though we hadn't spoken obviously because we we're not gonna have a conversation, I was thinking, I said, oh my god, I can literally like this is feeling so crazy right now and all of my body, I feel like I'm going to die. And I didn't say it, but I was like, oh my it was. I felt like it was a reward, like God was rewarding us for being married and for doing a forty day cleanse together. And then he felt the same way, but we didn't know until after. I was like, dude, I thought I was gonna die. I was like, dude, me too. It was insane. Yeah, it was mind blowing. Yeah yeah, and it's great. So yeah, guys, I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, definitely, the answer is yes, the sex is better.
Speaker 1: Now look at him your mom watching. Oh dude. I talked to his mom about this all the time, like she's like, you know, handle my son. Better, to take care of my son, Jeanne. I'm like, I got him, don't even worry. I'm ino some RoadHead right now, he does kidding. Okay, guys, I think we got to go so before we end this episode that I thought, you know, I think it's a very good one. People have been asking about our marriage. I I want to say what I think makes you a good husband? That's okay, sure, okay, there are a lot of things. But I think one thing that really like stands out for me is when we had the conversation about our finances, about hey, babe, like can you take care of this? And you didn't even think about it, like you're like, yes, I got it. Like the water bill, I was like, okay, like let's talk about the utilities, like what are we going to do here? And I did not feel uncomfortable, like you made me feel very comfortable, and you're like, yeah, babe, don't even worry, like we'll do this. We'll do that with our like we'll start because once you get married, you're like, okay, we have a household, like what are we gonna do? How are we going to handle this? What do you like? And you're always really good at like okay, I'll order this this month, like the wipe Beast because we love baby wipes. We can't we both can't, you know, without baby wipes, so anything without baby wipes. So anyways, Like it's just I love that about you, and I think that like you want to provide, you want to protect. I need that as a wife, as a woman, I think all women really want is to feel secure, to feel protected, to feel safe, and I feel all of those things with you. So thank you that that's what makes you a good husband.
Speaker 2: So my turn, I h this is this is something that that you've always done that hasn't changed. I think again with marriage, I think it just has been enhanced. But also before I say it, the way I accept it now is a lot different because it just it feels so much more real now. But your support and the way you believe in me. You know, it's different coming from a girlfriend, but now coming from my wife. You're you are my big, our number You're my number one fan, and you're the person who believes in me more than anyone. And I feel that a lot. I feel that so much more now where I feel like I'm like anything I want to do, I know I can do it, and I have your moral support and you help me become a better person, a better man. And it comes from I can feel that you truly believe in me, and it makes me feel like I can do anything, and you've shown that in so many different ways over the past three and a half years. And it's such an amazing feeling. And I think that goes hand in hand with like a woman wants to feel taken care of and secure, and the way I want to provide and take care of you, like I know that you have my back with anything. So it's like it gives me the confidence to go do anything that I need to go do, and that feels great.
Speaker 1: I'm glad, my love, because that's one thing I did learn from couple's therapy, you know, was to feed into the king and you, you know what I mean. Like a lot of women will be like, oh, you're this, you're that, you're messy, you're whatever the heck your man may be. Instead of building them and like you push them down more, you know. And it's like really speaking life into them and speaking and speaking to the king in your man. And that's something I learned and I didn't always know that. So now it's like I'm very intentional about doing that and knowing that, yeah, you have I have your back, Like, you know, even if he has to go to work and he was supposed to be with me, He's like, babe, what do you think. I'm like, no, baby, do your thing. You have to, like, it's a great opportunity for you. I'm gonna miss you. Part of me is like, oh, but I'm like, do your thing, like you gotta do it. Go. It's fine like supporting each other because you support me very much in my career, you know, and I'm grateful for that. You're always there for me and you always help me, and your opinion means a lot to me. So yeah, and I do have a very important question though. I need to know if and when we have a baby, and I gained eighty pounds. Are you still gonna love me the same way?
Speaker 2: I've already loved you at that point, So we're okay.
Speaker 1: Love to you when I was seven seventy pounds heavier. Actually, yeah, you're right six All right, We're good. I have some room, have some room to like, you know. But anyways, whatever, you don't ever have to worry, are you sure?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Right? Fine? But babe, thank you so much for being on, of course, on these two episodes of Cheeky's and Chill. Everyone like loves to hear from us, so I appreciate you coming on. I think it was a very good conversation.
Speaker 2: Let's do our little a very great update.
Speaker 1: No, it's our a little handshake anyways, thanks guys, a little update, say bye to everyone.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you guys, and we'll see you on the next episode of Cheekys and Chill. This is a production of iHeartRadio and Mike Withdura podcast Network. Follow us on Instagram at Mike Withdura Podcasts and follow me Cheeky's That's s h I U I S. For more podcasts from iHeart, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your favorite shows,