Speaker 1: What's up, Friends of welcome into leading off right here on Fantasy Pros and Fantasy Pros MLB on the YouTube. I am Chris Welsh. That is Joe Rico, and the trade deadline is hours away. We're gonna be breaking down what happened over the weekend. We've actually caught a couple deep dives Paul's schemes, if you will. I think we've had some conversations around this, but things are getting worse worse. We've got some injuries, We've got a whole bunch of other stuff. We've got some bets, some home run calls, but heavily dedicated to the trade deadline and it is going down to trade happened like minutes before we got on. There might be a trade live in here and if you would like more, the rumor on the streets is there's going to be a live stream today right at the trade deadline with these two fine gentlemen that we will be live streaming on the Fantasy Pros YouTube for the trade deadline. Nothing crazy about thirty minutes or so to talk about all the trades that happened between the end of the show and the trade deadline. Some Fantasy impact take some questions going to be rapid fires we go through, So make sure you come and hang out with us. Put a little notification on so you can hang out with us live. That's what you want to do for some trade deadlining. Mister Joel Rico, it has been a very very exciting weekend the big trade happen. You want to know a funny story I did. I know. I say this a lot, so apologies for anyone that gets annoyed by it. But CBS Sports HQ is quite fond of me, and they had me on this weekend and it's all set, you know, because I'm a West Coast guy, so it's easier for them. So I can do stuff that's like eleven or midnight or whatever. I've got my whole outline set up. We're in a segment really got nice guy, This guy Coli is doing it. We're two segments in. We talked about a couple of players and we're in our third one and I honestly, I'm forgetting what we were talking about. Me. We're talking about Luis Castillo trade. And then as I'm talking and we're recording this, the producer comes in my ear and he goes Turk Schoogle got traded. Just stop to stop, and then I'm kind of going, and then Coolie keeps going and he's like, just stop everything. We're gonna cut live, and I'm like, what's happening? And then everything i'd prep for and done, what cut And we went live thirty seconds later with absolutely zero prep to be the first to break down because, like you know, ninety seconds prior, Trek Scooble had been traded to the Dodgers. And we cut live for about fifteen minutes. And I am pretty proud of myself for cutting through. But that was a brand new experience of being a part of especially television and having the breaking news, and obviously that's going to dominate the top of the show. Trek Scooble traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers for as Iyer, Hope, River, Ryan and Brady Smith. I am proud of myself. I actually also straight up called this trade on in this league, literally down to Brady Smith. I believe you also your boy Peter Apple or April, who was on with you this weekend, was actually the guy that broke the news. So tons of stuff here, Joe, I haven't even let you speak yet, but your initial thoughts on Trek Scooble as a Dodger and obviously if you have on the prospect side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty cool for both of us, Like you nailed the exact package and the day that our show goes live. Peter Apple, who, by the way, if you guys missed it, go check out that show. He truly is one of the best baseball analysts going right now and apparently a locked in source because he beat Peter Jason, he beat Rosenthal. There was a lot of like, oh no, it's actually Emmitt Shean, but shout out to Peter who nailed that trade package.
Speaker 1: It sucks.
Speaker 2: I'll say that it sucks. We knew, we knew was gonna happen. And Peter said on that show and I asked him where where Trek sco will be pitching a week from today, and he was pretty sure it was gonna be the Dodgers. We all kind of saw the writing on the wall. Doesn't make us feel any better about seeing this graphic in front of us, So Tawny Glass now Snell, you know, Moto Scooble, Justin Robleski has been unbelievably good for them, and he's not even anywhere to be seen, nor should he beat with the other names present, and we can we can break this stuff from a lot of different angles. And I've kind of changed my own personal tune on this. I'm not mad at the Dodgers anymore. There was a long time where I was like, screw the how can they do this? The other teams just sit by and let them do it. The Brewers could have made this trade, the Rays could have made this trade. A lot of teams could have gone out and done this. And yes, the money that the Dodgers have does influence this. They only have to hear, hope why because they traded Michael Bush. Why they trade Michael Bush? Because they signed Freddy Freeman and show Heyo Tani and had nowhere to play him. So the money always has an influencing factor here. But I'm not mad at the Dodgers. I'm mad at the Brewers, and I'm mad at the other teams for not going out and ponying up because this was a very doable deal.
Speaker 1: I think this is fair. This is a fair statement because I think there's a couple things. I think this trade is something that will be highlighted in the discussions of why things could because this isn't a financial This is not a financial thing, like anybody could have afforded school with the rest of the season. This is a fair act, fair play type of conversation that'll be had after the season of like you know, like the balance of fosters and stuff like that looks ridiculous. But to your point, all those things, I think I agree, you're true, like any team could have done it. The problem is is they would have had to pay more, and nobody wanted to do it. The Dodgers set themselves up where their scouting is clearly superior. They were able to get guys like Zayer Hope for Michael Bush. They built up a robust minor league system. They were willing to be aggressive. And you know the goofy thing that happened in this trade because I put a tweet out about it and I got so much hate about it because everyone's like this trade sucks and blah blah blah. It's like, Okay, this is a rental player, like he is elite Church Google is an elite of elite player. Let's not get that wrong. And I'm not trying to say anything against that, but he's a two month rental player. So how much does any team want to commit when you're buying in two months. Well, the Dodgers gave up. I mean in fantasy at least, he's a top twenty five prospect, probably a top thirty five or forty in real baseball for most people inside your hope. He's a super, super talented player. I'm going to do a video on him later in this week. But two ninety three, twenty three homers, eighteen stolen basis by the way, eighty seven RBIs, and ninety four games in the minors. This is an elite hitting prospect. And they got River Ryan, who is you know, a little removed from Tommy John. He's currently on the injured list. He hasn't done a ton this season, but we'll say he's like a mid rotation guy. I was looking up his stuff plus numbers from two thousand and twenty four, one on one overall stuff, plus one twelve on his sinker, one O eight on his slider, one O nine curveball, like this is a mouldable piece. And then they got Brady Smith, which is kind of a bluff factor. The point is is This is a this is a solid return. It could have been a great return, but guess what, nobody else wanted to pay for it. Like you said, the Brews didn't want to pay Logan Henderson, I be honest with the Philly rumor of Justin Crawford and gage Wood was actually pretty strong. But any team could have made this. So this trade specifically was not a Dodgers in what they spend situation. It was I mean, obviously like they don't care if they go over, but this was every other team not willing to do it. And he now goes into a rotation, which this was a wild stat that was floating out there loess Era since twenty twenty two. This is in baseball. Are you ready for it? This is minimum fifty starts. Lowest eres number one, Trek Skuble, number two. We're gonna have a little bit of a jolt and a guy we're gonna talk about later in Paul Skeens. But the next three Blake, Snell, Shoho Tani, and Yamamoto, four of the five lowest eras since twenty twenty two are now in the same rotation. And that makes us sick. This is going to be a ridiculously crazy, good rotation. I think it was a solid trade. Let me throw one other little piece at you, though, And this is what I speculated on when I was on TV. Do you think at all, because I know it's a service level, it's not, but do you think, like they lost that game, that trade happened ten minutes after that game on Saturday night it was it was locked in. Do you think at all this speaks to maybe the potential health of a guy like Otani. We're putting Otani in this rotation thing hasn't been able to pitch. They want to really play it slow. Obviously, I know this. It's like a little dramatic in how I'm saying that, but like getting a guy like schooble more provides the depth, the help, And if they wanted to shut Otani down from pitching all the way to the playoffs, you can do that when you make a move like this. So I wondered at all if it spoke a little bit to the health of him through the regular season the rest of the regular season.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Peter also mentioned that on our show on Saturday that the Dodgers this is not just oh, They're just gonna get another superstar for the hell of it. They kind of needed a starting pitcher. Now, did they need the two time defending Cy Young winner. We can all debate that. But Otani's health is uncertain Glass now and Snell's health is always uncertain. Emmett Shean is awful. You cannot rely on Roki Sazaka playoffs. So it's Yamamoto starting game one for them before this trade, and then game two would it have been maybe Robleski depending like health as of today.
Speaker 1: You're talking in a playoff run.
Speaker 2: Like you're assuming that Blake Snell and Tellerglass now are healthy. But the Dodgers don't want to assume that. They want to go out there and just yeah, ensure that they have of aces for the playoffs.
Speaker 1: So and what did it cost them, by the way, cost them there? They've got two other outfielders that are better, They've got a absolutely bonker system. Still, they're already paying a gajillion dollars. Their luxury tax is like Alan That bill is more than like half the league's salary. So they're already positioned in that Baseball put them in a position to get all this extra money. That's what diamondback fans are freaking out about like, oh, guess what, you know the Dodgers and their TV deal. So it's like this was nothing for them. This is nothing. They gave up a couple of prospects, there's no real big financial burden that's more than anything. Now they're going to sell tons of jerseys and he wants to be here, So it's like you paid the price to let this guy have a trial run with the team. Now, if anything less than winning the World Series is a massive disappointment. But I don't think it's going to change anything with Scooble.
Speaker 2: So really he's gonna sign there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going to resign one hundred percent and maybe they can offload. The only problem they're gonna have is once it is leading into the CBA, what's going to happen? What are things going to look like next season? They've already got because I went and looked at that. They've got difficult commitments to Blake Snell and Tyler Glassnell. Still that make things a little bit tricky, and we don't know what the repercussions of this labor striker is. And to be Bob Knight and Gill immediately jumped in after this trade happened, saying quote, nearly impossible to find an owner who now doesn't believe twenty twenty seven will be shortened due to a prolonged workstoppage. Several owners believe an entire season could be wiped out. People being a little bit dramatic about like this trade having to do with it, But this will be cited. This will be as cited in all of these conversations of fair play and blah blah blah. But I don't know how the Dodgers will do that signing with Scooble if there's some type of hardcap with the commitments they have to other players. But you know what, they can move off to some of those dudes because they've got incredible guys in their system, Yosuete La Paula, James Tibbs. I mean, they have an outfield that could play in them right now in Mike Seroda, Depaula, and Tibbs, and they could be pretty successful. So it's it's great to be a Dodger. Sucks for us, It.
Speaker 2: Sucks for everybody fans of every other team. You know, I understand why people are upset about this, but this is also perfectly exactly what the owners want. Players have lost the PR battle. They have lost the PR battle, and they are seen as the villains here. Scooble is another villain here for going to the Dodgers, and maybe he is. But the Dodgers have a super team which has helped to massively increase league revenues, and the stats speak for themselves. The viewership numbers, everything have been really good the last couple of years, and the league can now scapegoat the Dodgers. The owners can into getting a salary cap. This is this is exactly what the owners want and what the Dodgers should do because of a salary cap will be coming. We all know this. At some point, sign Scooble now, and then you'll have, you know, for the few couple of years after the salary cap is implemented, there'll probably be some kind of grandfathering in for teams that yeah, I agree with that, So sign him now, because if the salary cap goes in and then you try and sign him afterwards, it'll probably be a lot more difficult for them. Not that I want to help the Dodgers out anymore, but that's what they probably should be doing.
Speaker 1: I think they're probably thinking about that. And you know what I would say pen this, if you do see a deal, get struck in the next I know a couple of weeks, that's probably it. Like they wanted even more so to get this player in so they could sign him. So whatever type of you know, deferral or whatever that Baseball gives these players to get right or gives these teams to get right, it'll be there. But Terrek Scougal is going to dominate with the Dodgers, have no doubt about it. He's been on a nice, little unreal run since he returned from the injury. Quick last note, and now I'm going to get to these other trades. Do you think we'll see shoheo tiny pitch again in the regular season.
Speaker 2: I could see a couple of tune ups, you know, last couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Like significant let's say a significant outing where he is like, you know, he's pitches six innings.
Speaker 2: I could see it. Yeah, I could see them because they're going to shut him down. And I don't think they're going to want him to go into playoff matchups totally cold from pitching. I think they're gonna want him built up at least a little bit, so I could see like three starts at the end of the year where they go from like four to five to six innings, is to try and work him back up a little bit or three to four to five innings, something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've got two trades that have happened since we've been talking about Trek's scougle. This is the craziness. I'll be honest with you. If if everything gets shot out the cannon here, maybe we won't be live later. But if this is any early indications, it might be exciting. So here are the two trades that I'm seeing.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't see passing having these, so take these with a grain of salt, I suppose. But I've seen Jared Carabas has reported this multiple other outlets, now just Baseball's I guess they're using Jared Crabas's line, So maybe we'll be careful about this one. But saying that the Red Sox are acquiring Adley Rutchman, so that wh Yeah, that Adley Riutchman looks like he's like, again, I'm not seeing anybody out there. This other one is locked in though, so we're gonna we're gonna focus on that, but just pointing out, we'll see if anything becomes bigger. John Hammond about twenty minutes ago reported that the Red Sox are getting close to a deal for Adley Retchman. I believe he's got one more deal or one more arbitrational year after this, so that makes him super interesting. I thought they would go after Goodman, so we're gonna have to see what the return looks like there. So it's really close. But this deal did go down just now. The Guardians are acquiring Joe Adele from the Angels and that's a pretty big get. It looks like all they're getting back. Maybe there's more. But Jacob Cosart, who was a higher pick a couple of years ago, he's a catcher in the Guardian system. That is not a big return if that's all that is. Is a deli full on a free agent after this year, or is an arbitration you know.
Speaker 2: Let me try and find it there. I'm still just gobsmacked by Adley Richman getting traded in division, Like are you kidding me? The Orioles are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well again, take it with a grain of salt, like it like it is being reported out there. It doesn't look like it's like an official official so it looks be careful about that. Looks pretty cool. He does look fine.
Speaker 2: Sand is saying it, John Hayman saying it. US Baseball is saying that it's just down to the medical reviews, which the medicals with Adlie. Who knows what that'll come back as. But it looks like ninety five percent of the way there, which is hard to believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really hard on Joey Dell. By the way, he has one more year. It's arbitration this year, and then he's a free agent, so they're going to get a whole nother gobsmack of a year on Joe Adell, which is pretty crazy. So Joe Adell is a Guardian yay or nay? I mean, this is this totally different like type of player that they usually get. They're always getting these like contacty guys without power, and then finally they're going to get just a big power bat, so you know, left side of the field, maybe a little bit less from a hitting perspective, I think this is good. I think this is like solid for the Guardians to make her run. I'm not sure this is a positive or a negative from a fantasy perspective, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably about a wash lineup, pled lineup, just trying to think. So he'll play right field there, so who's been angel Martinez will probably take a little bit of a hit there on the Cleveland side. I think that's he's well.
Speaker 1: I mean, Delatter will go to what center? I guess he could play center, left and Kwan and then yeah, I guess on how Martinez does take a little bit of a smack as like a fourth outfielder. Maybe I know, maybe he could even come back into the infield. So that's the only guy that's really affected. But Delatter in Adele is kind of a nice one two punch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't really know much about this guy they have in center field right now. P D Halpin twenty oh PD Halpin, Yeah, yeah, forty six games of a fifty five WRC plus this year. But I think he plays a pretty decent defense. So maybe I don't know, can Delotter play center field or probably more of a you can play punch center, So maybe they get Martinez back in that way. But I think it's a pretty solid move from what you're leading me to believe. With the prospect return it doesn't sound like it's anything that special.
Speaker 1: No, it's really not like he might be a future like you know, Second Catcher or something like that. So yeah, that's kind of a that's kind of a wild one to me. Sometimes he's returns. Just trip me out here and then we'll come back to the Honestly, the Adley Richmond one might be when we talk about on the live stream later today, that one is floating around. It has some pretty interesting implications of what they would have to give up, and you can see the angels are all out. We're going to talk about the picture that they traded and the Red Sox. This could be the beginning of just the first move, you know what I'm saying. This could be like the first of first moves with Adley Richman because there's a lot of Franklin Aria stuff that's floating out there. So we need to know what word was on word for the toy. I don't know why I said, God, that's like did I say it twice too?
Speaker 2: I do that sometimes, but I say if I say a word once in a podcast, there's a high problem. I'm ruined that I'm going to go back to that word later on in the podcast, it's.
Speaker 1: I really hate it about myself. So like you guys can point it out to me as like a fun thing, but it is something that like I hate myself when I when I go off of my vernacular, it's a little bit different. I know I'm going to go back to it like two more times because it's in my brain. And then I know that you guys know, because I know that you guys know that I'm saying it, and it's like an absolute nightmare. So all right, let's go down this trade list here of the ones we do have, Luis gar I know we're gonna go. Yeah, Luis Castillo, we got a couple of Louis's. Luis Castillo that was one of the big ones that happened, was traded to the Chicago White Sox for pretty much nothing, to be honest with you, nothing long term. Sir Anthony Dominguez has fallen out of favor. Nolan Jones is a journeyman. I gotta be honestly, I forgot he was on the White Sox in Boston. Smith this put Luis Castillo's got another year. I might even be two. I know there's another year, and it's kind of like there's a decent amount of money attached to it. The White Sox have said that they're going to they're paying all of it, and he's going to be a piece of this rotation. I think there's some hopefulness that last start was really good. He's just been he's been kind of wonky on this season, but this is a rotation piece. I think they needed it. They gave up nothing. I thought this piece made a ton of sense. There's a secondary part we'll talk about with the Mariners here, But what do you think about Luis Castillo as a White Sox.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've been on the of the opinion for the last few seasons that he's been kind of declining the strikeouts or not what they used to be. He has greatly benefited from pitching in Seattle. Most home pitchers do, most Mariners pitchers do. But his splits are quite drastic over the last several seasons. If you look back from when he was acquired by Seattle back in I believe twenty twenty two to now, like he really has made his money at home, so that worries me a little bit. And also fastball velocity over the last couple of years has gone down from ninety seven to ninety five. Stuff plus ratings have declined every single year, going back to our first year having stuff ratings. In twenty twenty, he's gone from one ten to ninety seven. At his age. It's an alright depth arm, but I mean they're paying off the entirety of the rest of this. I don't love it like I think the White Sox probably should have aimed a little bit higher. Here they are at the top of the division. It's a very winnable division. I would have thought that they would maybe go for a debt Merz, a Freddy Perol to somebody that maybe is a little bit better.
Speaker 1: It might not be done, though it might. They didn't give up anything. They gave up like journey stuff. They give up nothing. I actually think this is a fine trade for a guy that can go deep. I'm not sure he's gonna thrive or anything like that, but I think this is a good, like real life trade. The other end of this is this clearly is starting the opening up of Kate Anderson. That's where people are asking, you know, Cad, will he come up. He's definitely gonna come up. I think it's a little bit contingent on hand because like they still have their rotation. I believe right, because it's Gilbert, Kirby Miller, Hancock, and I feel like I'm forgetting some am I not forgetting somebody. Oh in Wu and Wu. Yeah, so there's your five. So if Hancock gets traded, I think the minute that happens, Kate Anderson's coming up. But you shouldn't otherwise. I think you might be looking to something more like mid August so they have control next year and stuff like that. But I think you should go pick up Kate Anderson. I have him in that second half league. I think it's any time now, so you should be proactive in trying to go and get him. Luis Garcia Junior was traded to the Yankees from the Nationals for Yovannie Cruz, Siebert, Ben Grabiel, and Jake Bird. Not a super exciting haul. They got a couple. It's like Siebert might be back in rotation. Guy Grable was drafted I believe last year solid. But Luis Garcia is going to go to the Yankees, where unfortunately it looks like he might be in some version of a platoon. They said, I think he's going to go against righty's Goldie's going to go against lefties at first. Maybe they move him around so he's never actually truly out of the lineup, which you hope. He had been kind of dominant. I love the idea of him hitting there. It's just the Nationals were such a big offensive boost. I think, if anything, maybe this is a little bit of a negative. If he's going to be put in some version of a platoon, then, by the way, if you go and throw in Stanton coming back. They also Bowden incorrectly put this out here, but he said that the ben Rice is gonna start catching.
Speaker 2: I heard that too.
Speaker 1: All reports is ben Rice is not going to catch. That's what I've seen, so I don't know what that is. So ben Rice doesn't catch. That also makes it really tricky. So this actually might be a little bit negative if Luis Carci is gonna lose time. But when he's out there, I mean, I love it. I think this is a great ballpark for him to hit in with tons of I mean, you can't argue that there's like way more better offensive pieces. When he was just in one of the best offenses with James Wood and c. J Abrams in front, of him.
Speaker 2: So looking at this, I initially thought it was kind of a positive. But Washington has scored one hundred more runs than the Yankees have this year, and that's a shout out to Rob Silver for that one. Yankee Stadium is better Homer Park for lefties one seventeen to one oh three, but it's a worse environment overall for lefties. So I don't think I see this as much of an upgrade, especially if he's going to start to lose playing time. It's almost like the reversal of getting out of a bad situation fresh news start. It's like when everything is going super well and then the mojo gets changed up. You hope that he can maintain it as a Yankee, but you never know. There's a lot more pressure in New York than there is for a rebuilding, retooling whatever Nationals team, So I don't know how it's gonna play. I'm kind of disappointed in the Nationals. This is a twenty six year old who had shown previous signs of really good production, who seemed like he really found something this year. This is a new front office in Washington. I would have hoped that they would have extended this guy I don't really see the argument for doing this unless the Hall is just too good to pass up. But it doesn't really seem like it was. It wasn't, so I'm kind kind of confused from the Nationals point of view on this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same, probably going to burn through a little bit more of this so we can get to the rest of the show and just a reminder again live stream six pm Eastern. I think I don't think we've quite settled on if we're going to go like right as the minute the trade deadline ends or a couple minutes before. I think it's going to be right at the deadline ends. But we can talk a lot more about these and breakdown some more. But Luis Arise, so all the Luisa's were traded that that was the mandate for baseball. Luis Arise was traded to the Phillies with Caleb Killian from the Giants. Remo Marquez is a pretty interesting get. The most interesting part about this is Luisa Rise is going to play second. They're planning to move Stott to third, Boone to first, and Bryce Harper goes back to the outfield, So get that outfield eligibility for next season. Very intrigued by this. I mean, Luisa Rise in general's kind of unless you're in points leagues, but you know you're gonna hit it, you know, nearer top of a lineup between guys like Sharba and Harper. I don't hate this. So I think this and getting out of that ballpark in general in San Francisco, I think this is like a general semi plus up for Luisa Rise and not like anything crazy. He's still like pretty median to me. And I like this for Harper getting the outfield eligibility.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just kind of bizarre that the Phillies would reconfigure the entire defense for Luisa Rise. It's a little bit strange to me, But I don't think it's a huge fantasy talking point. Really. Yeah, he's having a great year. It seemed like the Giants have kind of unlocked something, especially defensively. Ron Washington never fails to help out with the defensive stuff. But I don't think it's a huge difference for fantasy really.
Speaker 1: Uh, your Toronto Blue Jays. I don't know what was going on here that I thought this was really weird, especially with the move they made today. Yesterday they traded Kevin Gossman to the Chicago Cubs. Toronto got Ty south Estein the lesser of the brothers unfortunately, and Breton Bateman, which makes sense. The Cubs get their guy, you know, they get a good fastball, splitter, combo guy. But then this morning they traded four Jose Soriano and they gave up argin Namala a couple other prospects. Arginnamala is a pretty big name, and I mean I get it from a surface level standpoint, like you traded a guy who doesn't have longevities getting older, You got some prospects, and then you traded four Jose Soriano, who you definitely fell off but up and coming. I just thought it was strange of all the destinations for Soriano to go. But any just quick thoughts on what your Toronto Blue Jays did, which is probably one of many, and throwing this out, this is a really interesting take. I just wanted to quickly do beat saying Argin maybe was a little impetus to the Angels knowing they're gonna move netto having some more future shortstops in their system. That's an interesting take. But what do you think about your Blue Jay trades.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm not terribly happy. I haven't been most of the year with the Blue Jays. Kevin Gosman, if you're gonna trade him, I would have hoped for a bit of a better return. These are two guys who don't really profile as regular everyday major leaguers. Maybe Bateman does as like a maybe a third fourth outfielder type. Maybe he's the Dalton Varshow replacement in center field, but it's pretty underwhelming. The other guy has never hit a professional home run and like seven hundred plus played appearances. It's a Blue Jays archetype, the contact hitters, the guys who get on base and don't strike out. They like those types. But for Kevin Gosman, I don't know if it really is enough for me to be happy. And now getting Soriano, I understand there's a couple of years of control and hopefully that Pete Walker can have success here with a profile that he's had success within the past and just as recently as this year, Dylan Cees and Robbie Ray in the past, and a couple of others, the guys who you know, big stuff, big strikeout upside, but bad command. So maybe there's something there. But Jose Soriano, outside of those first few weeks of the season, has been really bad this year. He's generally been a fairly disappointing arm. His fastball velocity and stuff have both the client for each of the last four seasons and the kicker here. JJ Cooper, who is the editor in chief of Baseball America, said that he is their thirty ninth prospect. He has him ranked higher than the year Hope so Argentamala, according to Baseball America, is the highest ranked prospect to be traded at the deadline so far. According to from JJ Cooper's perspective, this is real life, not fantasy. But Nemal is a year younger at the same level above average shortstop well Hope is a corner outfielder. Namala has similar contact rates to Hope. Nmala chases out of the zone much less, and he hits the ball harder. So editor in chief of Baseball America saying Blue Jays have given up the best prospect of the deadline for Jose Soriano, and that does not make me think, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't really I don't agree with that, But that's a very like real Baseball World. Like if you're a shortstop, a centerfield or a catcher, your ability to play there profiles you so much more. I'll take Zayer Hope's bat over Argentamala. But regardless of the point, those are the two prospects that had been are two bigger prospects that are traded. Moving to the rest of these the Rays they got, Freddy Peralta is kind of surprised about that. Maybe they'll be able to fix it. I think I saw god. I want to say, is it Lance Prostowski that was talking about that. You know, they might go more heavy changeups on right handed hitters. I think the point of that is they got a plan to fix him. Aiden Smith, Petrie and Gary Hill Gary Gill Hill were traded going to the New York Mets. It was actually pretty good haul to return back for Freddie Peralta, so I think that makes it interesting. Brett Souter went to Atlanta and the Angels brought back Nacho Alvarez. That was a decent return for kind of the type of player they would get. Taylor Ward was traded to the Seattle Mariners, and then not just the Adley Ritchman one is floating out they want to also tell you guys that apparently there's a report that Breton Doyle is close to being traded to the Chicago White Sox. If it hasn't already happened, I'm looking. I don't see the official report in here. Well no, yeah, MLB. Actually five minutes ago White Sox reportedly acquire Britton Doyle from the Rocky, So they're going to get some more out field help for whatever you know. That does Briton. I mean that frees up and opens up Cole Carrick. I think there's probably a plus for Cole Kerrigan in general. Yeah, that trade is official, so Brenton Doyle going in is probably going to hit higher in that lineup. I think that's a solid I haven't looked at his splits, but that is a plus for the Colorado loggym. I'm assuming someone like McCarthy yourmoniacs are gonna get traded and then we're going to feel good. But plus up on Cole carrig if he is sitting out there. We will talk more trades later today in the live streams to make sure you hang out with us. And by the way, you guys haven't noticed I know a couple of people did. Joe and I are both wearing some leading off hats. These are the brand new hats that are out there. Two different kinds you guys can get, and I got to tell you this one that I have here, I think you have kind of like the I don't know if it was the Trucker one, but this one. The embroidery is so sick. I was utterly shocked at how nice this hat was. The fit is great, so I highly suggest it and the big embroidering. There's a couple different versions. You can go to our store get it today, and we're giving away some store codes too. If you guys are making comments in the livestream on Twitch, so do that get a little odds boosh. You guys can pick up one of these hats like twenty five bucks. So absolutely sick. So go and check them out at the Fantasy Pro store. You actually type in like Fantasy Pros merch store and it'll pop up and you can find get some leading off hats. I also got a new Fantasy Pros. Go back to the our screen real quick. I got this one too, which I'm gonna be wearing on football. Just a nice white FP one. So take a little picture, snap a picture, send it to us, and let's put you on the show. All right, A couple other notes, and we've got a dive. I'm actually gonna have to cut some of our deep dive stuff. We're gonna talk Schien though, we're gonna get out the other guy. But in weird trade things, the Red Sox not only swept the Dodgers, which was absolutely beautiful, insane and ridiculous, but there was a report that the Red Sox and Reds we're talking Ellie da La Cruz. I do not believe it. That was actually part of that TV segment that we were on that I was like, I don't think that happened. I think that was the Red And I know there's more reports. Oh they like gone on the phone and could I don't believe it. I think it was someone doing a favor. They were calling to talk about what wines you pair with and they're just like, Ellie, to the cruise available and they go nope. And that's part of it. I just don't believe that the Reds would even entertain any type of trade. So I don't care what report is out there. Because I was being asked, like, what would this mean for the Red Sox, And it's like it would be the biggest trade we've seen and god knows how long. But they're not going to trade it. They're just not going to trade there like a franchise altering type of player. So I thought this was a really stupid Uh. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm totally wrong, but I thought this was a stupid report.
Speaker 2: No, he's not getting traded like it would He is one of the top five or seven most untouchable players in the whole league. It would take like Arius and Roman Anthony or something like. I don't even know what it would take. I'm not a great with returns, but would that even do it? Arius and Roman Anthony? Probably not, I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, oh Romanantha, Oh no, no, okay, Actually I just didn't think you said Roman Anthon. Yeah, I think it would take like I think they'd have to get like totally Anthony, Arius and something else. You know what I'm saying. But why would they trade Ellie de la Cruz. It doesn't even make sense. It's just the trade deadline stuff and they're probably talking about something. They're probably about Hunter Green. And someone said Ellie and then they reported it's really dumb some good performances from this week, and just wanted to highlight Gavin Williams five and two thirds, one hit, one walk, ten strikeouts. We were going to do a deep dive on him. I might save it for a little bit later, but that is five straight I don't know if we have the graphic for this we put on here. If we don't, it's okay. But that is five straight outings of ten plus strikeouts. And this tweet from Yahoo Sports this is not only the fifth but it is five straight games of ten strikeouts and one or fewer walks. Only Kershaw and Chris Sale have done this in baseball history. So that's crazy to have five straight ten strikeout performances. Then you add the walks and then realize there's only three pitchers now that have done in history, and Gavin Williams is one.
Speaker 2: Oh what did like Greg Maddox or Hadro or Randy Johnson, Like that's incredible, hard to believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good point. Randy kind of stood out to me, like if you were asking me that question, I'd have been like, oh, that's something Randy would do.
Speaker 2: But he didn't Flemmons too, like, you know.
Speaker 1: The walks. Maybe I don't know. Yeah, I've been so like that's one of those guys where it's like I got I had to write the ship with my ranks I did this week. Like Gavin Williams has just been so ridiculously good. I mean, is Era still floats up and stuff like that, but he's really finding rhythm on the back half of the year. I want to do a deep dive, but we'll do it at a different time. Jacob Mizerwski seven innings tour and runs, ten strikeouts. Did want to point out this was on eighty three pitches, so that's now three straight outings where he is not topped I believe eighty five pitches, So I don't know if that's going to change at some point this season. But he's also proving doesn't matter. He's just ridiculous. And then I just thought this one was funny. Kyle freelan first career complete game nine innings, obviously, five hits, win and run, eight strikeouts. It is the fewest runs he's allowed in a start since April seventh, and this was the first Colorado complete game since twenty and twenty two. So that's like just wild. It's tough to get the pitchers out there deep dive. I do want to I don't want to skip this one because we tease this and we talked about this, We got to talk about Paul Skins, and this was one I did have a conversation this weekend. Paul Skeins now has an era up to three nine. He is a whip that is over one. It's one point one one. And maybe most concerning, as kind of viewed in these tweets from Codify and they're telling two different stories, is that his fastball velo is at a career low. Last year it was ninety eight point two miles per hour on average. It is sitting ninety six point nine this year. The if you're looking on the visuals, what you can see from Kodify into the left, it's showing the ninety eight plus mile prower pitches thrown by Paul Skins in every single of his seventy eight career games. And if you look towards the end, what you start seeing is this season you see zeros. You see ones by the way, the fifth in his career forty six, then forty two, so when he started his career. It's bam, bam, bam. The last I mean, what is that if I do them at like fourteen or something, it's like the whole year, no more than eight. Yeah, it just it looks ridiculously low. The secondary graphic. What is telling you, And this is something I talked about I talked about this weekend, was that the lowering fastball is also looking to make the secondaries worse. Specifically that change up and as you can see Paul Skean's offspeed pitches in twenty twenty four one sixty six average with a two to eleven slug. This year it's up to two eighty six with the three ninety seven slug. That's change ups and splinkers together. So I had put out there Arico, that the lessening of the power fastball is letting guys cheat more and making the secondaries worse. And there is something that you know, take it for whatever you want. That when I did this on HQ is that I noticed his arm angle has changed, and it's changed. I think this is significant. Twenty three degree two first two years, so consistent same our angle. It's not a big number, but it's up to twenty six this year, so his arm has come up a little bit. That is either in my mind, a a mechanical issue they haven't worked out, or unfortunately this is the Joe Rico and Scott Bagman playbook, it might be masking an injury, because why else do you raise your arm like that in that comfortable level you have. Velo decreases your arm. Angle's gone up. I know three degrees doesn't seem like a lot, but you don't see those type of changes year over year. You usually see those over time. Could it be masking an injury? I will pass it to you here for a minute before we plow through the rest of the episode. But the fastballs down, it's made the secondary's work. Maybe there's an injury and it hasn't been fixed. So yeah, I do think the justification of being worried on him is real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we're there at this point now. The velocity, I think is the biggest thing for me. Where he's gone from his first season where he was sitting ninety eight point eight miles an hour to now this year where he's sitting ninety six point nine. And if you look over his recent starts ninety six six ninety six, three ninety six, one ninety seven to one. It's not what it once was. And he's only twenty four and it's only been two years. So that's where I think there's got to be some kind of injury. If you look back over his last what is it, fifteen fourteen starts, we're looking at a five eighteen ERA and we're looking at a one forty three whip. Now there is some bad luck in there, I think as well. He still has a thirty percent strikeout rate and he has a three eighty eight babbot been a sixty four percent left on base rate, so part of it is some bad luck. He has a three nineteen FIP in that time frame. He has a three eighteen SIERRA. I don't think he's bad or anything, but I think he might be trying to mask some kind of injury. The walks are higher than we've seen this year, or though we'd seen previously. I don't know what to make of this altogether, but he's not a guy that as of today, I'm gonna want anything to do with next season. This feels like a ticking time bomb where four starts in a next year, we're gonna hear the Tommy John surgeries in coming and he's gonna miss the whole season, and I maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: I'd like to hear something. I'd like to hear something. I do wonder if the season is gonna end and we're gonna be and he's gonna be like, oh, I have this like thing in my shoulder the whole year. If I don't hear anything, it is gonna make me want to put him down quite a bit further on my rest of season, I think I put him like at ten or maybe even close to outside the top ten in pitchers. So theyre look like there's some serious issues out there, and it's across the board. The fastball is down, it's affecting secondaries. The arm angles change, which maybe is the early sign the early warning signs. Why would his arm angle be coming up? Maybe that would be an altering pitches, But the arm angle coming up is just is like correlating with the fastball going down. So that just seems odd. So Paul Skin's scary. Are you scared about Paul Skeins? You can trap the comments and blow or is this a nothing burger and you're gonna be buying him in the second half. Rookie lookie kind of getting through these quickly. Max Clark had a freaking weekend and I feel pretty good about that, Max Clark. This graphic was one of I'm gonna read this here. Over three thousand players of debut in the majors at twenty one or younger in the modern era, only one of them had five plus total bases in each of their first two games. That is Max Clark, who went single, double, double, homer, single, And then the other stat that I have here. The other thing that I had picked out about Max Clark was this weekend. It was six hits in a series sweep, going six for twelve, a homer, three RBI, four runs. Absolutely ridiculous debut for Max Clark. It's a big payoff. Hopefully we all cash that. Quinn Matthews solid debut. We talked about him. Five innings tour and run, two runs, three walks, three strikeouts. Couple drafted players. Von Lackey made his debut, multi hit performances two for five, had a couple singles, four runs and walks, and Rock Chalowski I was out this weekend for his final complex game. I said that on this show on Friday that he was going to a ball next week, and then it got reported on Saturday He's going to High A. The minute the report came out, I'm not even joking you, Bubba text me and Bubba was like, hey, good thing. You know you got to see Rock and I said, I'm standing ten feet from him. Five minutes later, he hit a homer and I didn't get it on video and I hated myself for it. He hit a homer, But he'll be debuting at HIA tomorrow and then A J. Grassia underwent season ending surgery laboram surgery after being drafted, so we just won't see him this year. A Rico a quick thought on this, but I loved this as I mentioned a ton about Munataka Murakami in the offseason. Murakami. This stat came out from Just Baseball. I am killing this because Anthony K told me don't worry about the high velos with Murakami. I believed it. Look at this this graphic highest ops this season versus ninety seven plus mile per hour pitches. No player is better than Murakami. And by the way, mcconagall is two, Alvarez three, and Soto four Murakami and Velo ain't the issue that everybody was cracking it up to be.
Speaker 2: Everybody was wrong for the most part about Marcaumi. I was wrong about him. Most people thought he would really struggle. I thought that he would hit a lot of homers, but I thought that it would come with like one ninety six. I thought it was a Joey Gallo tribute season coming here. But he is quite a bit better as of today that I think Joey Gallo, like, as he peaked higher than Gallo did. Maybe not, but he's a better hitter overall than Joey Gallo was. I think those pumps might have been a little bit off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't chase and stuff like that. I just thought this was so fascinating because this was everything against all Right, let's keep moving through here. Three up and three down. On the up, Cole Young four for five with a run in an RBI yesterday, Everson Pereira had a homer with four RBIs, and Max Scherzer actually pitched is probably the up six innings, allowed just one run five strikeouts. On the down, Mitch Keller allowed seven earned runs over two innings against the Reds, whoof Gage jump got destroyed. This is by the Tigers. He walks six batters, struck out five, alled sixer and runs and Vladi Guerrero zero for four with three strikeouts. No good. In the injury department, Bobby Woo Junior completed a full workout session. He is expected to be activated before Tuesday's game. That's really good. Kyle Harrison's going to come off the ail and start Wednesday. Josh Nale left early on Sunday. Keep an eye on that. Otani is going to be playing catch this week in Chicago with still no crazy timetable. Matt Chapman is going to be getting an MRI today, so you know, be locked into that if we're going to be seeing him. Nick Kurtz is going to be seeing a hand specialist. That one could be scary. Andean Carlos Stanton is going to be taking live VP on Monday. So those are some of the injury things that are floating around. Let's talk about some of those home runs that are looking to fly and look at the home run board where high Cubby picked up a couple this weekend, forty eight to league goal to forty two. Maybe the most insane thing is we are still just sitting at two people with forty. I cannot believe that. I don't know if I got any this weekend, but it doesn't really matter. Mister Joe Rico, what are you doing with your home run call all? For today?
Speaker 2: I'm going to go with your boy. I'm gonna take Ezmerlin Valdez today. It's a bit of a short slate, so we don't have a full assortment of players to choose from. But he's going up against Brandon Sprote, who has kind of come back down to earth a little bit recently, not necessarily with the homers, I mean, just one each allowed in each of his last three games. But I'm going to go with your boy as Merlin today.
Speaker 1: Well that's going to come in handy here in a second, I'm going to go with Junior Cameronaro. Junior Cameraro in a good spot for today. But you know why yours is really interesting because if you go take a look at our home run model, the best home run bets over on betting pros every single day, it will give you some of the best odds data driven with liens and probabilities. And it's not just three it'll give you a whole list of them, and it'll tell you where you can find all the great prices. Well, if you go to hard rock bet right now, as Merlin Valdez was at one of the top of the leans with a plus four hundred against Brandon Spott, so you can go and take a look and where you know, obviously Weather's probably not going to be one here because I think this is I know this is in Pittsburgh, so or no in Milwaukee, so you know that's not going to come into play. But it's going to talk about pitching factors, stadium factors and more. As Merlin Valdes plus four hundred, Dylan Cruz over five to one at plus five twenty five on hard rock for a homer against Aaronola and C. J. Abrams comes up down there as well as three to one. You want to check more, go to bettingpros dot com slash homers get the data and driven data driven side for picking homers and making some of those bets. Go and check it out today. I highly highly suggest it. And speaking of bets, let's take a look at the hard rock best bets of the day. You and I are going to be playing some interesting ones here, we're going with game totals. I'll just jump into mind for a second. I'm gonna go d Bax and Padre's first five total runs under. I know it's crazy, but we got Brandon Fodd who's been ridiculous. He's been ridiculous in the early sets of games. He doesn't get strikeouts. I actually wanted to play the under on K's but it's just too juiced up. But he's been good. And you know what, Michael King has been good against the Diamondbacks. The last two outings against the Diamondbacks, I think he's given up three total earned runs. So if Fought continues this role he's been Michael King does the same. Also, the trade deadline, you never know, could swing some players out of lineups. There's some taxi squad players of the Diamondbacks. I just really like this. So this is taking under four and a half runs through the first five innings and it's plus money. That is my best bet. What do you have for your best bet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm taking an over here. Going the other way. It's the Giants and the Rangers, and a lot of this comes down to cal Quantrill. I think cal Quantrell has been very lucky to have a three eighty four ERA this season. He's nowhere near that good and we've started to see it recently and Logan Web on the other side of that, it just hasn't been a great year for him. His era is pushing for It feels like a fairly low number to take here. Eight and a half at plus money, Giants and Rangers take the over.
Speaker 1: There you go and if you guys want, you can do this on hard Rock Bet today. If you haven't checked them out, you can score one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if you win. Just place a five dollars bet and if it hits, you can get your winnings and you get an extra one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Go check out all the extras they got going for you. Bet that baseball over at hard Rock Bet downloaded today and check them.
Speaker 2: Out, Hey, and bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Semitol Tribe of Florida in Florida, offered by some Semitol hard Rock Digital LLC in all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight three to three play wise. In Indiana. If you are someone who knows a gambling problem and wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. In Arizona, Ohio and Virginia, call one eight hundred mis reset gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler Friends.
Speaker 1: That is it crazy crazy pac show. We got to get out of here, but we will be back. So come and join us six pm Eastern right here on the YouTube channel. If you are following us and you have notifications on boom, you'll get notified where we'll break down the rest the athlete reritchmen trade has not been finalized. We'll do that any of the other craziness. We are giving you a five hour runway for trades for us to break down and we didn't really get into will answer your questions. If you've got fantasy perspective of it, please come and join us for that. That is going to do it for the show. Thank you so much for hanging out. No show on Tuesday. Just a Risoe reminder, but we are going to have this trade show in there. I will be back again on Wednesday. That is going to do it. Get your Leading Off gear, subscribe, Win Things, Love CALLI Love Seth For Joe Rico, I'm Chris Welsh. We love you and we'll talk to you next time right here on Leading Off Peace.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB