Speaker 1: At what to do is D Boy two twenty three, Go check me on the Bootleg CAV Show. Much love.
Speaker 2: Before we start the episode, man, I gotta remind everybody that we are on the radio in eighty cities every single day across the country Man Real ninety two to three every day Monday through Friday in Los Angeles, Wild ninety four to one in Tampa, Kkfur, and Phoenix.
Speaker 3: We're all over the place, Miami, Vegas. We can go on and on.
Speaker 2: We want to give a shout out to our latest affiliate. Shout out to Knoxville, Tennessee, Man Hot one oh four point five for being the latest city to join the Bootleg CAV Show network. All right, now, I don't ever really talk about the radio show on the podcast, keep them separate. But if you want to listen to the radio show, you can click the link in the bio for a list of all the cities you can listen to at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Let's get to the interview, Yo, Bootleg cav Podcast.
Speaker 3: We got a special guest in here, D Boy. What's going on, bro.
Speaker 1: And what's the deal? D Boy two twenty three. Yeah, welcome. We're looking out man.
Speaker 3: For people who don't know.
Speaker 2: Man, you're from Carson, yes, sir, uh and you kind of you come from the bou Yard Tribe lineage of hip hop, so kind of break down like your direct relation with Bouyard Tribe. And for people who don't know, Boyd Tribe is a fucking legendary Samoan rap group out of Carson that super slept on you know.
Speaker 1: To be honest, right right, So yeah, the bout Yard that's my family. My dad, Oh yeah, my dad don't see. Yeah, so my pops he that's Cobra, Yes, yeah, so Cobra, that's his brothers. You know, there's all my uncle. So that you know, that's how I'm tied in. So well yeah, basically, uh, you know, picking up the torch right now, trying to run with the type shit. You know.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, is there anything like because they had a lot of independent success. I mean they had records. I mean I remember the last album I think I bought it. There was that album that had m is it eminem and trick trick.
Speaker 3: On the song.
Speaker 1: I think that was eminem and be real, be real.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean they have like like a lot of like independent success throughout the nineties and the early two thousands and shit like was it always kind of like in the cards for you to try to like get into the music game, like.
Speaker 1: Nah, like, uh I I didn't think. I didn't think I was ever gonna be rapping, so I just kind of like, uh like i'm I'm, I'm, I'm barely in the game type shit with this, like you know, as far as uh my rap career probably like going on three years right now. So uh, I never took I never I never even visualized me being a rappers, like you know, that was my possilim thing. And uh, you know, uh I used to have flows, I used to have rhymes like you know, I used to write some shit down. I used to spit it, but I never took a series until you know, one day I went and laid that ship down in the booth and then uh yeah, that's when you know, it was kind of like a uh it was kind of like an ongoing joke with me and my homies, like I'll be spitting the same verse like three four times around them type shit, you know, and they're like, man, oh, here comes d Boy again with the same old ship, you know, like and then I laid it down and it was just kind of like oh damn, you know, like it ain't funny no more. It's kind of like, oh damn, he's hard. So then that's where I kind of took it and I'm just like, you know, fuck it. Like if I'm gonna wrap and I'm gonna take, I'm gonna make something out of it. Then uh yeah, you know I'm gonna carry the legacy for you know, for me and Min.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, like, uh, prior to you taking like like taking rap serious pretty much in the streets.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, your thing. Yeah. So you know my posting them they bang we I'm from the same hood as they am, so I basically picked up them traits before I picked up the rap traits.
Speaker 3: Right, so you followed them footsteps.
Speaker 1: The wrongs footsteps, you know. So it's I kind of went down to down the banging path and you know, it was just it was just to the point where you know, it's just kind of like, man, I didn't give a fuck about nothing. It was just like, man, I'm from the Bang. I'm ready to I'm ready to do life for this ship type ship. You know, I'm about to crash out over over banging and then uh, you know, it's just kind of like damn, I fell into the music just like damn. Now yeah, cause it's kind of like that Shiit say. It kind of saved my life and my perspective on things. So it was just.
Speaker 3: Almost like you got you got a reason not to crash out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then it's just like to to this point now, like where I'm at now, it's kind of like it's just like, uh, you know, I kind of got a purpose now, so it's more of on like a, uh, I got something to lose, rather than being going from fucking like I don't give a fuck what I lose type shit, you know what I mean. So that's the kind of path that I was going on. Like you can ask my family, my homies whatever, like they know like I was. That's I was with the business, you know what I'm saying, and me being rapping and me getting all this feedback from woop the whooping, you know, and just seeing the things that I'm capable of is what kind of just like wow, you know what I'm saying. That kind of just changed my perspective on Shiit Like man, you know what, like you know it's big. It's a bigger picture than what I'm normally used to, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like that's that's almost like, uh, I feel like when you're in that that that that environment unless you maybe have a kid or you know, I.
Speaker 3: Know you're you're you're fresher fatherhood.
Speaker 1: Right well, ship my baby do any day now?
Speaker 3: So you got a baby coming anytime?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the do day was a Friday, so she being stubborn so.
Speaker 3: Couldn't funk around to be right now.
Speaker 1: It could be right now, And I got an ad kay, I got a bounce man. So now.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, like, you know, obviously that's something else, another purpose that you have now. But I think that's another thing like when you when you're in a certain environment, like you kind of feel like you know, there is no there's no bigger picture. Like you said, it's about perspective, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like yeah, so it's like, uh, all right, now I got a kid. My music is going good. Like from where I was at mentally six years ago or even in the getting like it's I feel like it's been a whole three sixty flip on me right, because shiit, I just man, you know, I just feel like I was like a minister society type shit, you know, like just just like I wouldn't say it like that, but just and I'm not trying to label myself like just on something like damn, I just I just didn't give a fuck, you know, like cares like you know what I'm saying, Like this.
Speaker 2: Almost like living life with no consequences. Yeah, it's like you know, because if you don't care about the consequences, then you you're really like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but you know that that comes with a lot of pain to the people that do care, you know what I'm saying. So it's just like, you know, along the way, I know my family they probably watched this shit, and I know they gonna they more happy for me now because they kind of see what type of path that I'm going on and where I come from. You know, there were a lot of a lot of people that you know, my family or whatever, they were scared about I was going, you know what I'm saying, And I feel like if I never picked up the music type shit, hey, you know, it probably would have went that way.
Speaker 2: Did You're family, your dad, your uncles. Did anybody try to steer you out of the.
Speaker 1: Oh, everybody my hanging, Like, none of them wanted that from me, My family, even my family that's from the hood, right, they was like my big cousins or you know, everybody else from there, or even homies, even homies that aren't family that watched me grow up. Was like, nah, you know what I'm saying. But I just took it upon myself because I already had it and started in my head like fuck that. Like, you know, I was already so how would you say it?
Speaker 2: Uh, maybe not institutionalized, but not institution But I was so programmed, Yeah, like I was so and then I was so intrigued with with the lifestyle you know what I'm saying, and how they moved. Like my older homies from my generation, they were like all stars to me. So it was just like damn, I want to be like them. I'm fucking like, this is the life. I'm from the choos, right you know. So But to get back to what you're saying, like, yeah, nobody wanted that from me. Yeah, you know, I'm older now looking back, and I understand.
Speaker 1: Now why it is. That's why they you know, try to preach that to me.
Speaker 3: Do you have any other siblings?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did they kind of follow similarly?
Speaker 1: Or nah?
Speaker 3: No, Nah, you're like the black sheep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the black sheep. Like you know, my I got my little brother, my little sister. You know they they did, they doing good, you know what I'm saying. But me, I want a whole different route, right.
Speaker 2: Was there anything like, uh, while you're you know, going crazy in the streets that like where you were kind of like to the point where like you might have lost your freedom for real, or there was like a situation where things got a little hairy where you almost maybe lost your life. I mean maybe multiple times, I'm sure, but you know, was there ever like a wake up call like situation like that?
Speaker 1: There was a there was a lot of times. Yeah, there's a lot of times some things I'm not going to speak on, like a lot of situations, a lot of you know, a lot of drama, right that would usually make somebody think like that, But during that time, I'm so into the banging that it's just like, hey, it is what it is, this is what comes with it. So it's like I never like fell back like oh like damn, that's just so crazy, I don't want to. It was just like I knew what came with this part of that type of life, you know what I'm saying. So it was you know, getting shot at fights, phase hitting the county jail, you name it.
Speaker 2: County jail is everybody says it's like LA County Jail is the most fucking just wild place to go because it's like a free frog, right. I feel like, cause if you end up in prison out here, there's more of an organized program right as to where in the county jail, it's.
Speaker 1: Like everybody banging in the county jail, right, So it's like so.
Speaker 2: It's like you might be in a holding cell with you know, your your fucking ops.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna have to You're gonna have to run that, you know what I'm saying. So it's more it's I wanna it's more structured the in the pin to where its like more rules and right and people kind of like go together.
Speaker 2: Like I was talking to Greco a little bit about this. He was like, Yo, you might fight, you know, squabble with somebody in the county jail, but then if you're end up in the pen with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you get to the pen. It's a different situation because then it's like it goes by, you know, like numbers, like you know you're gonna ride with who's riding with you type ship? So yeah, it's different. It's different over here.
Speaker 3: How did you get the scar in your face?
Speaker 1: There was a lot of events that day that I wouldn't like to speak up on, you know what I'm saying, So yeah.
Speaker 3: To say, man, it's it's it's it's a very.
Speaker 1: I just know it, just know it was. It was it was slice, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It was it was a blade or a razor.
Speaker 1: No, it was glass.
Speaker 3: It was glass. Oh so it was it like a bottle.
Speaker 1: Something like that. Okay, yeah, damn.
Speaker 2: But you know what, now that you're a hip hop artist, that scar looks sick like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but you know, every but more a lot.
Speaker 3: The more bigger you get, the more people are gonna have a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people are asking them about me about it. But it was like some things and I don't want I can't say certain things.
Speaker 3: Then an altercation happened.
Speaker 2: Altercation happened. That's all last was broken. Yes, that's a fair point. Okay, so you're related to my guy KT.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out someone with K t Uso KT the balls.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, My dog in Vegas.
Speaker 2: I love that guy so much, which means you're also related to the USOS from the w w E.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I'm tied in with them too.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the USOS because I always I feel like anytime I've ever came in contact with the Simoonan and Homie on the West Coast, they're all related to the USOS or to like Roman.
Speaker 1: Rings, Yeah something like that. Yeah. I wouldn't say I'm related to Roman Rings, but hey, man, shout out to them. You know, they're doing any thing out there but you.
Speaker 3: But you're related to Jimmy and j Uso.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, we're tied in. Yeah, somehow, some way we tied in. You know, you know they they know what's so you know, and uh, you know, none but love for them.
Speaker 2: I just say, do you grow up like because in your like there's so many famous wrestlers that come from your culture. Do you just grow up automatically fucking with wrestling?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know, I never thought of it like this, think about it, like you know what, but I would say, like as someone's for us to see that and like how much of an engagement that they're getting that that I would say, like it's something to be proud about. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, because it's like, uh, someone's like we're small, such.
Speaker 3: A small minority, such small but at the biggest.
Speaker 1: Level, but we're gonna make an impact from football.
Speaker 3: I would say, offensive and defensive lines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, football, she wrestling too, and then you know yeah, and then even with the with the music with the bou Yard, like uh, when the bou Yard came out and didn't nobody know what the fuck they was? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people out there in Mexican.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like, uh now, I don't know, maybe that I should let them talk about it, but I think they'll cover this with you later type shit. But you know, during that time, there was no identities for some more facts, you know what I'm saying. It was like who all right, some more like who, like what are they? Then you know, the y'all came out with the long hair, with the braids, big tatted up. You know what I'm saying, They're like, Okay, they're the smallst that's them with the long hair. Yeah, you know what I mean. And it just kind of like set the tone for everybody.
Speaker 2: I think, even just the thought of like there being like bloods from la that weren't black.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's almost like when a lot of people when they first heard of Stupid Young being like a cryp from Long Beach, You're like, wait, there's Asian.
Speaker 3: Crips, Like what is going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But nah shout out to uh to boo ya tribe man.
Speaker 2: So for you, man, like, would you say there was like a specific moment you said you you know, you started realizing like, yoh, I'll sound hard when I'm rapping, But was there like a specific moment in which you realize like you were catching some traction and that there might be something that you need to take serious in this hip hop shit?
Speaker 1: I don't like. Uh, I've spoke on this subject a lot on a lot of past interviews, and sometimes I want to feel like a broken record, but everybody knew that's watching. Yeah. One time, my homie he hit me up and he was like, hey, uh, you know, we was on some faded ass ship like we was in the hood, and then we put up to this spot. He got the whole He got the whole setup in his garage type shit or in the living room, and he was like, man, lay you know, lay something down. And then you know, I laid my first track down. After that we had put it out. And once we put it out, just like the kind of response that I got to, like, you don't know when when you drop something, if something or.
Speaker 3: Not, if it's organic or if it's just your homies being like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like, you gonna know the difference between You're gonna when that feedback comes in, You're gonna be like, Okay, my ship might be a little whack or not. No, No, I was getting some good ass ship and I'm just like, damn, you know, fucking with it. So I'm just like, man, you know, let me uh, let me see what I could do with it.
Speaker 2: And then from there you were like, yo, let's book some studio time or yeah.
Speaker 1: And after that, because that was like basically a feature on his ship, and then I went and did my own track. I flipped that a Connected for Life by Mac ten fucking classic.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's called and by the way, that is one of my favorite beats ever and might be I know it's not a west Side Connected song, but it's it's like one of my favorite Westide Connection songs because they're all on it great record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I flipped that and I and I called it respected for life. So then I put it on YouTube. I'll put it on YouTube. That was my first my first single ever. And then that's what kind of just like put me out there, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah for for people who don't know, like.
Speaker 2: When when I when when, Like I think of like the whoop movement right and meet the woops.
Speaker 3: I think of like Jay Worthy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, shout out to shout out to Worthy and all the home I got, I got, I got something on the way with them.
Speaker 2: Those guys are obviously, uh you know they they just had a big moment coming out with Kendrick hit his on.
Speaker 3: The Kendrick album.
Speaker 2: Uh, but you're not necessarily from the same part of LA that they're from in terms of like.
Speaker 1: So that that so my hood is west Side coursing their original west Side Bompton par God at the same time, we correlate got it. That's them the homies hit a shout out hitter Hop out wires thirty jay Worthy. I'm saying my homie Mary Rugers, great guy toy, So you know they know who I am. Y'all saying I got nothing but love for them. I was on that first Meet the Boots with them. Oh yeah, there's summer vacation they drive. I'm on that album with the Fire. Yeah. So yeah, man, shout out to them. I got some more ship with jay Worthy coming in Man, Me and Worthy got the Worthy when you see this, man, we got a banger come in now.
Speaker 3: Jay Worthy is like one of the most underrated dudes period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, you got an ear and RN.
Speaker 2: He's rat like he's got all these I mean, he's got such a crazy catalog, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I feel like Worthy probably one of the most plugged in people right now.
Speaker 3: And he's got his fingerprints on everybody.
Speaker 1: Sure, man shots on me pee Worthy right.
Speaker 3: There for sure? For sure. What is it like for people who don't know about Carson? Carson? Obviously from a hip hop perspective.
Speaker 2: When I was growing up, it was tribe, it was rass cast Bishop Lamont. But what was it like growing up in Carson?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Because for people who don't know It's like that's like all like hell of Simones are in cool Carson, Like y'all got that shit seld up over there.
Speaker 1: I mean like growing up in Carson, Like I feel like my generation and maybe even the next like it was like it was different, man, but it was like it was fun. It was fun. It was a little you know, everybody was doing their ship. But uh, you know, we're a real divers city, right like uh I had said this before, you know other people boy, feeling like we might be one of the most diverse cities. I'm not saying we are the divers city in La County, but man, we got Filipinos, Mexican, great food, and yeah, Blacks, Asian Samoans, you know what I'm saying. But uh, it was cool though. You know, but when you when you come to Carson, you're gonna know about the Simons, Like it's it's a village over there. You know.
Speaker 2: What's in the restaurant like like like if pe don't know what is like what is the cuisine? Like is there and is there a spotting Carson we need to tap in with to go get go get some good.
Speaker 1: They got two they got to uh some on spots right now, it's powatsas and polygrill. But yeah, man, some mos Man, that's that food that's gonna put your ass to sleep. You know what I'm saying. It's that ship heavy, you know what I'm saying, So you better be ready to eat type ship.
Speaker 3: Right Like what is the rice?
Speaker 1: Definitely rice for everything, you know what I'm saying. Got rice, there's uh, you know, chicken, there's some some greens we call paalu sami. We got our fish called oca and uh yeah, man, we are we got a variety of ship you know what I'm saying. Y'all can come touch down and figure it out for yourself.
Speaker 2: Talk to me about obviously, shout out to Esteban Orio. He's got a long standing relationship with your family. Talk about you know, your guys's relationship and has he has he kind of you know, given you any game?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, man, man, you know what, man, estebarn esterebarn' is a real genuine person right there. Man. Yeah, he's been in my family longer than than I've been around, you know, so, uh, you know, he's been around for like the I think, like the whole beginning of my career. And uh, man, he been he's been schooling me all types of ship he been putting. I have projects, I got videos with him and uh yeah, man, just just for me to be around that type of greatness and a legend like like who he is? Man, that means a lot, you know.
Speaker 3: But uh, because he directed one of your videos, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we went to New Zealand together, which is sick by the way. Yeah, so we went to New Zealand together. He flew out there with me, man.
Speaker 3: And uh, you know, what was that like going to New Zealand?
Speaker 1: Shocking?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Just a culture shock because it was just different from uh what I'm seeing out here and then out there we're not we'ren't like my people ain't the minority. It's like more of the majority, you know. So it was just kind of different. It was a different feel to see someone's being the bus drivers, the people that serving for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think a lot of people who aren't hip, like think New Zealand is like a bunch of like white folks, but it's like a.
Speaker 1: Lot like yeah, they got a whole they got they got a whole different uh you know thing up there. But you know, and it was all love, Like, uh, when I'm out here, you know you or even just not even just out here, just in the States period, like you no matter where you at, you know there's like somebody tripping somewhere you feel me, not like that. But when it was out there, it was kind.
Speaker 3: Of like, uh, you let your guard down a little.
Speaker 1: It was like it was love, you know what I'm saying. Like I'm not saying that they're not tripping out that they probably is, but where I was at it just felt like everything felt good, you know what I'm saying. And they just you know, show nothing but loving respect to us, and you know it made us feel good.
Speaker 3: That's dope.
Speaker 2: Man. Now I was my New Zealand. Anytime you see pictures in New Zealand, it looks fucking fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the food was fucking bomb. Yeah, the food was bomb.
Speaker 3: For you.
Speaker 2: Uh, Like, are you like when you're when you're like obviously got uh the new record out west Side ye G's but are you like putting together like a project a mixtape like what's what's are you doing a single out of.
Speaker 3: Time or are you playing it out so so?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, I dropped the mom I dropped the album and I think either August or July caught the Flame Boys and uh yeah that that was my first body of Yeah album that I dropped during this year. But then the homie that was on the thing with me, we did the whole collab, he kind of went and caught some time. So it kind of like fucked me up. I mean not fucked me up, I fucked up project Yeah, because you know, we gotta do the videos we got and they got to push the music. And this was right when we dropped it, you know what I'm saying. So then it just kind of threw us back. So you know, since then, I was just you know, trying to bounce back. I dropped a few singles, so you know, I just feel like I'm gonna wrap up twenty twenty four and I'm gonna come through twenty twenty five bangings. So I got, uh my new album coming in February.
Speaker 3: Who you're working with?
Speaker 1: So I got a few I got a few features on there that you know, I'm trying to connect with, So.
Speaker 3: Maybe jay Worthy.
Speaker 1: I got Jay Worthy on there for show. Yeah. I got Roddy Rats on there.
Speaker 3: Roddy raxs is fire. I said, you guys did did the record with a Cypress.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, with Cypress, so we did we did one track and then I did two tracks with him, so we let we put that one out with Cypress and then I got one more. That's that's a banger.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, Roddy Racks is hilarious too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said he's his bars be so fucking like vintage like nineties.
Speaker 3: Sugar Free Ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he'd be going. And Doug, I've been seeing too, like you've been able to do like a lot more shows and ship.
Speaker 3: Like what was it like?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, I saw you with me.
Speaker 1: I just did a show in Fresno and that was with a game. I was with mac ten and mag Ten, sugar Free, DJ Quick, uh Magic and them. Man, it was a it was a different vibe because you know, shout out to my management, shout out to Heaven. Then you know what I'm saying from the DKG. You know that's my manager for for whoever that don't know, have been learning a lot of it up for me.
Speaker 3: So yeah, legend man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you know that was my first arena. That was my first arena performance.
Speaker 3: What was that like though? Because you guys went on early, so you got to kind of get that.
Speaker 1: But it was crazy because by the time I got on stage, it was already packed. Was yeah, so it was kind of like after me, it was RBL posse oh fire. Yeah. So when I went on, h like, at first I'm reading the crowd because I'm in the back, so I'm looking. I'm like, man, they don't look too crowded. But then by the time I got on there it was it was a crowd. So I don't know, it was different, man, because I think the biggest shit I did was in New Zealand, and that was a festival and it was like just just that I feel like that prepared me for this arena show, right, just to have that vibe and that you know, it's a different from just having a show back home type shit. So yeah, man, it was crazy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I usually don't be getting stage fright type shit, but you know, I kind of look, oh, I can imagine you know what I'm saying, and just like getting the vibe hearing the music all through the fucking arena.
Speaker 3: So it was just like, how long did you have to do? Ten minutes?
Speaker 1: I did ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by the time you get through ten minutes, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, not for sure, you know what I'm saying, But that ten minutes for like an hour. It was like a hour for sure. But you know what, like man, I I get that nervousness, but already know I'm gonna do my thing. Once I got on there, it was just like every other show. Man. I just went up there and you know, had the crowd rocking.
Speaker 2: Who would you consider to be like your biggest influences outside of your family in terms of just the hip hop shit?
Speaker 3: Like could you grow up listening.
Speaker 1: To man a lot of like even mag ten and all them, you know, like mag Ten of Quick, I'm listening to all that shit on repeat, Bone Thugs in Harmony, and then's just everybody else that was growing up that's all part of the La rap scene. Joe, Joe, Moses, r J, Nip, you know what I'm saying, YG and all that shit, Like, you know, like it was hard for sure. You know, they all play some on this music shit.
Speaker 2: I wonder what are your thoughts on just like the new landscape of like gang culture and politics being so openly discussed.
Speaker 1: On this podcast on podcast.
Speaker 3: And even like members of it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't fuck with that shit, Like whatever that's happening within your hood and your homies or whatever that's even on the streets should not be broadcasted on these platforms, you know what I'm saying. And then it's just like that ship ain't gangster to me, because it's like you're letting all these other people know what's going on within y'all ship, and then now everybody else's opinion is getting caught up with y'all hood and it's just.
Speaker 2: And then like tiktoks get made, yes, and then people make YouTube documentary like the YouTube documentaries, you know.
Speaker 1: What, I what I feel about it, It's like they're making a mockery out of Game Bang, where a lot of motherfuckers that really put their life on the line for this ship. It's just like, damn, this is what it came to, like, y'all just like it's a it's a it's a it's content now and it's just like and I just feel like it makes it more of a joke. That's why more snitching is going on, more you know, bust ass ship. Motherfucker's doing weird ship. It keeps going on because we're letting We're letting it happen. You know, we're like, we're giving it to the world, so then everybody's changing everybody's perspective on and we're giving everybody else.
Speaker 2: Say, yeah, I think when you overexpose like a culture that's not supposed to be exposed, it's supposed to be you know, held tight, I feel like people don't take it as serious anymore, and they maybe become desensitized to like how they're supposed to maybe maneuver.
Speaker 1: And then the public And I'm not gonna speak on every hood because I know like that don't agree with it, like even for mine, Like there's certain shit. I'm never gonna go against my morals to for her likes, for like, to speak out to the crowd for them to try to get my point of view on something. Because if it's real, homie, you know what I'm saying, And y'all tripping and we tripping, ain't nothing to talk about, you know what I'm saying, Like we're gonna get We're gonna get busy, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, explain to me New Simo and Mafia Music.
Speaker 3: Is that the label?
Speaker 1: So that's a so the buya they were some more Mafia Okay, So this is the New Yeah, that's why I came out with the New Samore on Mafia. My second album is New Samore and Mafia Volume two. So uh, it was just like you know, if you ever looked at the bout Yard, they were like a unit, you know what I'm saying. So that's what I kind of picked up off them and type shit, and that's what I'm trying to keep going.
Speaker 2: Would would you ever try to get them to come out of retirement or you know, maybe maybe get get some of your fam on a record. I mean there's a documentary being worked one by Estegan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know the last ones here is my pop say on Gotti. You know, so a lot of them ain't here no more. So you know they already make their impact, you know what I'm saying. I wish I you know, that probably would be something that I, like, damn, I would want, But I'm gonna just let their legacy and what they've done already, it's already stamped for sure, you know what I'm saying. So now just from from my job is just to continue it, to keep that name going.
Speaker 2: What do you feel like, five man, how you're feeling about the new year? Are you are you would you say you're ten toes in on the.
Speaker 1: Music, I'm ten toes all the way now, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would just say that because anybody who comes from like your background, I always say, like, if you aren't ten toes in, if you're like I got one foot in, one for out.
Speaker 3: You're cheating yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no for shure. So that that that's a lot of battle that I've been.
Speaker 2: For sure, because no matter no matter what you do, you're always gonna have people hitting you, homie hitting you, you know what I mean. But you got to understand, like, yo, you're on a mission, dog like, and there's so many artists that are coming out every day that like, in order for you to even be able to compete, you've got to be all in on this shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm all the way in, man. So it's like, you know, I had to make that choice if I'm gonna keep on doing what I'm doing. Because I'm keep doing what I'm doing, it's gonna end me up in two places, you know what I'm saying, or in jail. Like as much as cliche as it sounds, that's true though, it's literally true, true as shit.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying hundred percent. Yeah, So yeah, man, I'm just trying to you know, better myself, make something happen and leave behind my own legacy.
Speaker 2: Would you say, like you getting like news about you having a baby was like, well, first of all, when you first find that out, that's got to be sick, like, oh shit, do.
Speaker 3: We got to take another test to double check?
Speaker 2: You know now that it's like here, it's about to happen, Like, are you nervous?
Speaker 3: Has it like even hit you yet?
Speaker 1: You know what? Like even the whole time, I feel like it didn't really hit me yet, but now it's hitting me because it's like, all right, like my I'm about to have a whole my my little me here in any other day, So it's gonna be different. I ain't experiencing it because she ain't here yet. So when she gets here, I know it's gonna be might it might suck me up? You know what I'm saying. Sure, I don't know yet, but you know I'm excited and uh you know for sure you know I want to make things better for her living type shit.
Speaker 3: You know, when is the album coming out? Man? I know you said that the top of next.
Speaker 1: Year, well, we got it plan for a February twenty third. February twenty third. You know what I'm saying, the name of the album New some More on Mafia Volume two, Volume.
Speaker 2: Two, that's the name of the album. Uh for sure, Jay Worthy's on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. Yeah, we got a banger that That one's probably my most favorite one that's gonna be on there.
Speaker 2: Out Fire Yeah nah, yeah, he's he's crazy. Is Cypress got any production on there?
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't know if I don't think Cyprus is on this one, but I might have to do that. Yeah, that's the homie right.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you can still you know, switch the album up for sure. You got three months man. Well look, dude, I appreciate you coming through hanging out. Man, We're gonna also have you rap do your thing. But people can go follow you online with your I G D.
Speaker 1: Boy Underscore two twenty three.
Speaker 2: You got plenty of music out right now, peoplen go stream it and uh yeah, and you got merch and ship all that shit.
Speaker 1: I got merched. I got a whole bunch of merch. Well follow my merch page D Boy two twenty three. Merch. We got a lot of new shit coming out this year. So yeah, man, we got albums on the way, new music on the way, new cllabs on the way. He shout out to my management, shout out to Big Hea. Yeah man, you know we got ship lined.
Speaker 3: Up, my guy, d Boy two two three.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, brother, Yeah much love man much