Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and he.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Yetty. Wow.
Speaker 2: Dude posted that on Facebook. That's what drone missiles sound like. This guy in his apartment in Ukraine, that's what Russian drone missiles sound like. Can you imagine living like that? We can't as Americans. No, just the idea that, yeah, a own missile, whatever that is. I don't know what that means. Do you know what that means? I mean missiles are unmanned anyway, So well, right, you know, it's funny. I was thinking that very thing.
Speaker 1: I just I think they're delivered by drone anyway, most of their own engines. Yeh.
Speaker 2: Can you just imagine living somewhere where you hear the hum of drones and think, okay, here comes attack, and you've grown used to the fact that there are going to be some explosions and you hope it's not you. Yeah, just insane that that can happen. But it's always been the world and always will be the world. Here's a little report on where we are on that, and we'll fill in some more holes.
Speaker 4: Ukrainian President Voloni Verzelinski got fifteen minutes with President Trump this weekend at the Vatican ahead of Pope Francis's funeral, and Trump now appears to be losing patience with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Speaker 3: I was very disappointed that missiles were flying bye Russia, but that missiles were flying very disappointing.
Speaker 4: As the Trump have been a tries negotiating an end to the war in Ukraine, Russia continues attacking Ukrainian civilians. This weekend, President Trump wrote quote, it makes me think that maybe he doesn't want to stop the war, He's just tapping me along. Then Trump floated additional sanctions on Russia.
Speaker 2: Right, and so then Putin floats this whole three day ceasefire thing for their victory Day celebrations. Zelenski says that there are still Russian missile attacks happening in Kiev and that Moscow has no interest in piece whatsoever, which is probably true. It's worked for Putin over and over again throughout well quite a few years now, where he claims he's going to stop or a ceasefire, and he just keeps firing missiles and the idiotic media or various European countries jump at it, and then you got this Putin and North Korea confirming for the first time yesterday that North Korean forces are fighting with Russia in its invasion in Ukraine. We already knew that, but now it's been admitted by Russia. Earlier in the day, Kim Jong un announced the construction of a monument honoring the North Korean soldiers that have been killed in the Russia Ukraine war. Okay, great wow. That was shortly after Putin thanked North Korean soldiers for their heroism and fighting alongside Russian forces against Ukraine.
Speaker 1: This is all because of the threat Ukraine poses, of course, to North Korea. Weren't anyone, They don't pose a threat to anyone, No, on any level. South Korean officials say there are about twelve thousand North Korean troops there deployed to the Kursk region. I remember at one point somebody saying, if North Korean soldiers are actually involved in the fighting and not just doing support, that would be crossing some sort of red line. Well that was crossed a long time ago, and now everybody admits that on all sides, and nothing changes, right, this is interesting just as a complete aside, I just rebooted my iPhone for instance, reasons that are not at least been interesting. And now I'm getting power spammed by one account. I've gotten eight messages in the last thirty seconds. I hope this is not somehow dangerous anyway, Moving along back to yeah, I'm under attack from whatever the hell list is. So a couple of thoughts on the Ukraine situation, a couple of correspondents, and then an interesting perspective something else that's happening Russia wise. But Paolo points out militarily, the only way Ukraine could win the war with Russia was with enough US support. Didn't want to do that for fear of escalation. Judge that giving them enough support to win is too risky, not in our best interests. Hard to accept, but apparently that's the case. Given that reality, continuing support them as we have will eventually end with They're losing their entire country plus a lot more lives. If we're not willing to do what's necessary for them to win. The best we can do is help them to minimize their losses.
Speaker 2: Easier for us to say than for them.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, well, this is what I was talking about yesterday. Convincing Ukraine to come to the table is harder than Russia because Ukraine wants to fight to the death to protect their homeland. So that's why Trump is being harder on Zelensky. And I'm not saying that's right or I'm arguing in favor of it, but that's the case I think right.
Speaker 2: For some reason, this popped into my head. I watched the movie Rocky with my son the other day. If you remember the original movie Rocky, toward the end, he's getting the but Jesus beaten out of them. They both are anyway, he says to his trainer, Mickey says, you've stopped this fight, and I'll kill you.
Speaker 1: He still wanted to fight, no matter how beat up he was. And that's where Ukraine is right now there. You stop this fight and they'll kill you. They just want give us more stuff and we'll keep fighting.
Speaker 2: We as you know, sovereign nation and taxpayers to decide whether we want to arm them or not. I think it's a good idea, So you don't.
Speaker 1: Matt points out, he well, he says, now I preface this. I'm an armchair foreign policy observer if even that. Although you know, Matt, if you're a man of logic and reasonable intelligence, most foreign policy does come down to fairly simple motivations, so you know, feel free to weigh in. As much as the deal Trump proposed to Russian Ukraine makes no sense to me in terms not only of fairness but even the optics, I feel like the administration has two things in mind. One thing is that it may be a matter of attempting to soothe the beast to not go for total conquest. Back to Powlow's point, and that's if he honors the agreements and doesn't decide to continue.
Speaker 2: That's a huge if with Putin.
Speaker 1: As much as I don't like it and don't agree with how he's handling it, I think Trump wants to avoid further military and monetary involvement in this war. And then he gets to his bigger point. I think Trump is away of what may be on the horizon with China and would rather save his capital for what may come from that.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's why the tariffs too.
Speaker 1: He wants to begin the steps to bring manufacturing back so he can be ready for you know, when the great to severing with China.
Speaker 2: Occurs.
Speaker 1: Just to summarize his thoughts, I would if there is a whole of administration understanding that conflict with China, be it merely diplomatic and economic or maybe trade and ordinance or whatever it is, that is the one thing we must be ready for. What are lesser priorities that are detracting from our ability to get ready for China?
Speaker 2: Yeah, here is the list. As listening to some really smart people talk about Trump's foreign policy vision and you know, whether he has one or not, or a worldview or not, and they seem to settle on this, and this makes sense to me. I don't know that it's a good idea, but this makes sense to me that this is the way he sees the world.
Speaker 1: Look, Taiwan is right next to China. Of course, China is gonna take Taiwan. Ukraine's next to Russia, and they want it more than the rest of the world wants to stop them. Of course they're gonna take it. Canada should be ours, Greenland should be ours. That's the way he sees the world. And kind of an old timey just like theirpower spheres of influence, since they say in the business, Yeah, just very on the ground reality sort of way. Yeah, yeah, and that might be the way he looks at it.
Speaker 2: It seems to be, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I would love to know what he said in that private meeting with Zelenski the other day as we were discussing. And then finally this I found very very interesting, Thomas Grove writing in the Journal. With President Trump and many other world leaders preoccupied with war in Ukraine, Europeans are growing alarmed about what the Russian army has been doing much more quietly along other stretches of its borders with Europe, someone hundred miles east of its border with Finland in the Russian city of Unpronounceable, military engineers are expanding army bases where the Kremlin plans to put a new army headquarters to oversee tens of thousands of troops over the next several years. Those soldiers, many now serving on the front lines in Ukraine, are intended to be the backbone of a Russian military preparing to face off with NATO. According to Western military and intelligence officials, You.
Speaker 2: Think Premlin actually believes NATO would preemptively attack him, I mean, because that's what a lot of you say. Ukraine started this war talk of being in NATO when we put NATO right on their doorstep and that blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Putn't think NATO is going to attack him, an, I think you know more about this than I do. But I know that through the years, through the centuries, there has been a certain paranoia that's run through Russian defense and just their leadership because they don't have natural barriers to invasion, right, But in the modern world, NATO's never going to it just preemptively invade Russia. No, it doesn't matter whether that's true or not. If he believes it's true, I guess I wouldn't think so. So they get into the way, I'm sorry, into the fact that Finland has joined NATO, and there are a couple more examples, but yeah, the Russians are definitely projecting some of their power toward Europe in a defensive slash saber rattling way, which has the Euros somewhat on edge.
Speaker 2: There you go, freaking those You know, the saddest people on earth might be those poor North Korean soldiers. You got the miserable life back home in your country with your family starving, and to try to help them out in some way, or because you got a gun at pointed at your head. More or less there you are in Russia. You probably don't even couldn't even put it on a map. You had no schooling. The slightest idea where you are what you're doing, dying for for Putin and whatever he's it's good lord. So maybe your family gets a few shekels. So when you get killed back home? Yeah, just miserable miserable existence. Yuck. You know see what this. Here's a tip for you, young listener. What's that, Mike Jack. I'll do my teas after you say this. Okay, ah, what was I gonna say? Eh?
Speaker 1: Oh, for you young folks, it is possible there will be another period of peace and prosperity on the war in the world won't last long, but we would urge you when that moment comes to remember our wise old words and say to yourself, Wow, this is weird and great.
Speaker 2: It's like spring vacation. It's not gonna last.
Speaker 1: Yeah, based on my reading and history, it could be like two hundred years.
Speaker 2: Before that happens again. Before it's like you know, the nineties.
Speaker 1: Well, eat your sorghum and avoid saturated fats if you want to live that long. I find myself wondering what the answer to the age old question is if you pitted one hundred unarmed men against a single eight hundred pound lowland gorilla, who would win?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I'm glad according the answer according to science and artificial intelligence. Oh okay, among other things we got on the wails.
Speaker 2: Stay here? Can AI answer all questions? Can you just plug in? Could twelve third grade girls take on a beaver?
Speaker 3: Or?
Speaker 1: I mean, there are all kinds of AI questions we can answer.
Speaker 2: Now. What was the uh?
Speaker 1: Would you rather have a horse sized duck or one hundred duck sized horses?
Speaker 2: Something like that? Yeah? I always went to duck sized horses because I think they just be cutere neck. Oh my gosh, it'd be amazing.
Speaker 1: You could You could have like tourism constantly coming to your tiny little horse farm. Speaking of little girls, were charge of anything you wanted?
Speaker 2: Where is a horse sized duck?
Speaker 1: Would have you soil in your pants?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: Put the duck back? Please?
Speaker 1: The thing decided to pack you? Could you know, remove your head? Speaking of which, this guy Mark, what's his name? He's a software and AI guy and he likes to pose various questions to AI and parse out the information, and one of his questions has gone slightly viral. Apparently there's a wild debate blowing up online. He says, can one hundred unarmed men defeat a single gorilla in a fight, and he breaks it down step by step. First, let's take a look at the combatants, starting with the gorilla. These beasts are insanely strong. A silver back that's you're big, mature like lowland gorilla, and they range from six to like eight hundred pounds that proverbial eight.
Speaker 2: Hundred pound gorilla. They can lift.
Speaker 1: Now, this guy's a brit So he uses a kilograms, but a silverback can lift up to seventeen hundred pounds seventeen one hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: Almost a ton. That's amazing. Run it twenty five miles per hour. Wow, and.
Speaker 1: Has a bite force of thirteen hundred pounds per square inch, enough to crush bones.
Speaker 2: I have a feeling I'm going to quibble with the result of this, but yeah, go on, quibble away. That's what we're doing here.
Speaker 1: One swing of its arm could kill a man instantly. So the whole clothes line A giant silverback gorilla clotheslines you. It could kill you. I'm sever of your spine, traumatic brain injury.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Gorillas are also agile and tough. They can charge fast, dodge attacks, and they're thick skulls and bones make them very hard to injure. They're built for combat in a way that humans simply aren't.
Speaker 2: I believe all of this.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind, Jack, that the life of the average male gorilla is gonna include a handful of fights, if not to the death to one guy saying I've had enough, I've had enough. You can mate with her. I'm going I'm leaving. I'm heading off into the jungle. You can have her.
Speaker 2: I don't want her.
Speaker 1: Now, let's handicap the humans. You'll be sicker for soon enough. With one hundred men, they have sheer numbers. Clearly, if they swarm the gorilla all at once, they might restrain it, but it's risky. Many would get seriously hurt or killed in the process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where I'm gonna quibble. After you get through this.
Speaker 1: Now, we the humans have intelligence and endurance. We can plan strategies like distracting the gorilla while others attack from behind, might even wear it down over time. But it's not easy and without deppens, it's brutal. Humans lack natural defenses, we're soft. Speaking for myself, the gorilla could break bones, are killed with a single blow. Coordination of the human team absolutely critical. Any mistakes and it's chaos. By the way, we'll post the link to this Twitter thread because it includes AI generated videos.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, not the violent part. I'm sorry. Good. Yeah, you're sticking of.
Speaker 3: Thirty eight.
Speaker 1: So you got a picture of the fight. The gorilla charges and scatters the group. The first few men to engage would likely die fast. The rest would need to swarm and pylon without hesitation to have a shot. Even if they pin the gorilla, killing it unarmed is tough. They'd have to suffocate it or cause massive trauma, which could take time and lead to more casualties.
Speaker 2: It would be a grim struggle, to say the least. Jack. Yeah, I wouldn't want to see it because obviously the animal doesn't have a vote and whether or not it wants to participate in this willa.
Speaker 1: Seeing the gorilla's consentant and actually the guy points out, this is not a fight anyone would want to see. So could one hundred men do it? Possibly? But with heavy losses. It's a meaningless victory at best. The gorillas of powerhouse humans outmatched without weapons, the costs staggering.
Speaker 2: Wow, AI continues to benefit us all with things like this.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty ups to slash twenty thousand jobs on weak Amazon deliveries over the Trump tariff thing.
Speaker 2: Because you know, practically everything you ordered through Amazon comes through UPS, and they're delivering on less packages. I guess there are that many fewer packages already. UPS slashing twenty thousand jobs. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, YOUPS had severed their relationship with Amazon. I remember reading that a while back. Interestingly enough, we mentioned earlier that Amazon is going to show a tariff fee. Essentially, how much of this price is the tariffs on your transactions coming out of what soonish? The White House slamed Amazon's reported plan. This is a hostile and political act by Amazon, said White House spokeslady Caroline Levitt.
Speaker 2: Political political obviously, and they have, you know, every right to be not in favor of the tariffs and how it affects their businesses. Hostile. I don't know if it's hospital.
Speaker 1: Well, just to go on quoting Caroline Levitt, because it's interesting, why did Amazon do this when the Biden administration hiked inflation to the highest level in four years. It's not really a surprise because Amazon has partnered with a Chinese propaganda arm. Oh shoot, Trump v Bezos. Now, I wouldn't mind if this caught on. Of course, there'd be all kinds of fact checking that would have to occur.
Speaker 2: But I wish more gas stations in California would have a sign that says this five dollars and ten cent gallon gas. You're paying for eighty cents of it? Is this, sixty cents of it? Is this? Blah blah blah blah blah. I would love that, you know, or yeah, it should I happen during inflation. This costs this much more because of the Inflation Reduction Act. Now, we did have the pictures of a goofy looking Biden pointing at the price and saying I did this, which essentially the same thing. Right, that was fantastic.
Speaker 1: How is that not happened in cal Unicornia with a Gavin Newsom's face next to gas pumps.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of surprised. I don't know. I loved that period of time though, when you go around and have the smiling Biden. Let's come Brandon good time. I wanted to get this on before we get further into the one hundred days of Donald Trump. So this is a person Trump did an interview with the Atlantic, including Jeffrey Goldberg, because Trump's that kind of guy. AnyWho, Maybe we'll get to that a little bit later. Here's one of the Atlantic journalists cold calling Trump on his own cell phone. I don't know how he had Trump's number, but this is how it went.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: This is Michael Hello, this is President Trump.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: This is Michael Sheer. I'm a reporter for the Atlantic. You wrote, oh, I know who you are. Michael, I know who you are.
Speaker 3: I never write you never write good about me, Michael, you never ever wow.
Speaker 1: So so Trump like old people, I guess, answers the phone for random numbers without somebody texting first. Those of us who are younger, we will not take a phone call unless you have warned us for a long time ahead of time, when we know exactly who it is, because it's so scary to answer the phone, I guess or something I don't know. Short of spouse and best friend, Yes, we all now react with why are they calling me? Oh?
Speaker 2: My god, what is this? Trump still edges the bone? Who is it? I know who you are? You never say anything nice about me? Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow, So we have to Oh, you know what, you got to do your your quibble about the gorilla.
Speaker 2: Versus the Fellas thing we're discussed.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna throw that one hundred unarmed men best an eight hundred pound.
Speaker 2: Gorilla in a fight. How about I throw that into the One More Thing podcast that we do every day after the show you can tune in look forward to wherever you get your podcasts. The more I think about that idea, the more I like it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, we do an additional segment that never airs on the radio, and therefore sometimes there are swears. So if you're excited by that prospect, Oh, that reminds me. There's a great piece. A couple of folks have commented on this, the Democrats new strategy of swearing a lot. Yeah, we're all going to start swearing at the same time to prove how authentic and like regular people we are ready begin and reflect your anger right exactly, and it's just it's pathetic. So we have declared aloud and repeatedly that the first one hundred days and there's generally theme music. The first one days of the Trump administration is a completely silly and arbitrary measuring stick.
Speaker 2: It is the pseudo. It is a pseudo event is created by the media and then the report on it like it's not something they invented.
Speaker 1: Right, It's like Black Friday, which never was what it claimed to be.
Speaker 2: Ever, it's entirely made up. Anyway.
Speaker 1: Having conceded that, it is a decent enough chance to look at some of the pros and cons and ups and downs. Kim Strasse a little Wall Street Journal, one of our favorite writers, very reasonable woman. She says, when Trump is right, he's right, and vicey versy. And she points out that the opening two months of the administration, we're mold breaking, the policy equivalent of shock and awe. And now it has slowed somewhat definitely.
Speaker 2: And is a little more mixed as the.
Speaker 1: Many many court battles which the administration had mostly intentionally provoked, are working their way through the system. You've got a little strm and drawing at the Pentagon, although that seems to have died down. The one point she makes that I think is pretty interesting was that and she goes through and it's absolutely fair to do this because we've criticized Trump for some of the things he's done, the tariffs and the rest of it, but not only has the victory on the border been just astonishing, and we're moving toward figuring out how to deport all the people who should not be here, which is you know, it's not done yet, obviously, but it's an amazing victory. You got the Education Department holding student bar wers accountable for their debt. You've got women's sports and private spaces being protected aggressively. We haven't won all those battles, but great progress is being made. Marco Rubio has made a sweeping and overdue restructuring in the State Department.
Speaker 2: That's Kim Strassel's words.
Speaker 1: Trump has slapped down the idiotic populist idea of a so called millionaire's tax by various Republicans. There's a long list of stuff that's pretty good. But the point that she made that I thought was really interesting was if you look at the first term, Trump's first term, which got him reelected, the positives of the first term, because the chaos of the first term was a you know, it faded in time and didn't seem as bad and b A lot of people realized, Oh, Trump didn't cause that chaos. He didn't say, Hey, you know, I might be a Russian agent. Let's argue about it for the next two years.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: No, that was entirely from the left. But she says, dig under the surface, there's a common foundation of some of the missteps. Mister Trump's first term success came largely down to his reaganesque agenda, and it's those policies deregulation, tax cuts, peace through strength that still resonate best with voters. Yet his decision in recent years to draw closer to his party's new breed of uber populists and neo isolationists and to seed them, excuse me, through his government is causing real backroom power struggles. A team of rivals sounds great, but absent Abe Lincoln, it usually produces a mess.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. I always wonder about that that that book unfortunately or fortunately and fine book, but got so much attention that everybody thinks having a whole bunch of people, you know, in your staff and your work team or whatever, that disagree wholeheartedly is the way to go. And I'm not sure that's true.
Speaker 1: No, I think you need agreement on certain critical concepts. I mean, there was a reason Lincoln put together the cabinet that he did. Read the book if you want to know, it wasn't like entirely high minded idealism. You know what I shall know, I shall Listenmber most of my opponents into the nose, trying to co opt their support and their coalition.
Speaker 2: Get them on his side to win the election. Blah blah blah. And then you might take it might take a genius running that to make it work out.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, perhaps one of the greatest geniuses ever to hold the office. Yeah, indeed. Yeah, you've got to agree on certain fundamental principles of domestic and foreign policy. I think the key is to have advisors who are willing to say either a here's the weakness or risk of what I'm proposing, or a cabinet where you say, all right, Jim has come out with a really good idea. Let's take a look at the weaknesses and risks of his argument. Let's make sure we understand this thing from three hundred and sixty degrees.
Speaker 2: As opposed to you know, a JD.
Speaker 1: Vance Marco Rubio, who might disagree violently on foreign policy just they might.
Speaker 2: It's difficult to tell with those two fellas, but yeah, I'm repeating some of my favorite pundits who have been saying this for years. Every president gets elected and thinks that they have a mandate for just maximum change to all different parts of the way we run our country. And it's kind of odd if you think about it, that we would every four years need major changes in tax structure, healthcare, border, whatever it is. Just seems unlikely, doesn't it, as opposed to, you know, tweaking the course of the ship of state? Right, Yeah, you know, yes, I was just going to say, I think if Trump had rolled in and and I know he's been talking about tariffs since he was a young man, but if he had rolled in the border and then just kind of tend to, you know, other things, I think he'd still be at fifty five percent.
Speaker 1: At the risk of various young populists writing angry emails, which I chuckle at, what would Reagan do is not a bad standard just for the big stuff of domestic policy, especially economics. I'm going to violently restructure trade in the economy to bring it into conformity with what we need going.
Speaker 2: Forward is a great, great goal, but you've.
Speaker 1: Got to be realistic about the enormous amount of discontent that's going to cause and understand that you're going to get shellacked in a historic way in the midterms.
Speaker 2: I hope I'm wrong, but it's possible. We have no idea what discontent about this looks like that a month from now, it's going to it'll be the only thing anybody talks about.
Speaker 1: Right, And what really bothers me about that is the good stuff that's happening is so good, I mean so good.
Speaker 2: The awareness of the rot in the American education system. Right.
Speaker 1: Imagine if that was just cut off after two years, I mean, Trump would still have his bully pulpit. But if that progress ended. What to do about the universities? You know, what to do about elementary education that is so incredibly important. Protecting women's rights and slapping down the radical gender theory lunatics, bringing back Columbus that's another big one, certainly. Yeah. Yeah, Again, if you stay in your lane and maybe one lane on either side, enormous amounts of good can be done. As if it's getting over ambitious, that's going to bring everything down.
Speaker 2: As we've said multiple times, if if, if it turns out Mark Alpern's got his piece today he said, don't judge any of this stuff yet. Judge is the war between Russia and Ukraine over and settled six months from now. If in quarter four we've got strong growth in this country, then judge the tariffs. Not today.
Speaker 1: I'd be perfectly happy, perfectly happy with no qualms whatsoever six months from now. To say, man, that was a brilliant move that really worked. If it works out well, and I didn't think it would, but I don't think it's going to d and I think this is going to go down as one of the historically own goals in presidential history. I hope, I know you really get it wrong. I really want to be wrong for all kinds of reasons. Financially, personally, I want to be wrong.
Speaker 2: I want to be wrong.
Speaker 1: For the fact that if it is an historic own goal, the Democrats are going to win like several elections in a row over it.
Speaker 2: I don't want that to home. Oh yeah again.
Speaker 1: Having run on immigration in the economy and hit like a towering nine hundred foot home run on immigration, to mess up the economy.
Speaker 2: Would just be tragic. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, let's hope not yeah again. I'd be happy to say I'm wrong. Any thoughts in that text line four one five KFTC.
Speaker 5: Strong Paul land Security second in Christy Noan reportedly had her perse stolen while dining with her family at a Washington, DC restaurant. And you would now believe how many Dalmatians it took to make.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: That's unfair but funny, I would say.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: I got a weird fomo fear of missing out thing about when when I when I find out this popular meme and then I read about it and I think, Hi, I missed that, and uh. Part of it is this job, like I don't want to miss out on popular trends that people are talking about without bringing them to you. Part of it's just fomo, I guess. But somehow I missed out on this viral video from a while back about this guy in his early morning routine that apparently has caught on. The four am wake up is not just for Superman's CEOs anymore, says The Wall Street Journal, and a quest to be ever more productive, the morning routines of American men hit new extremes, and it's about how It's become a big deal, whether you're Disney CEO Bob Iger who starts super early in the morning, or CEO Tim Cook of Apple getting up at four AM. I guess is the thing. And I didn't know about this Ashton Hall, who posted a video his morning routine that involved mouth tape. Do you know what that is, Katie? What's mouth tape?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: You put it over your mouth when you sleep.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to force you to breathe through your nose, which is better for you.
Speaker 2: I think my kids would discover my lifeless body if I did that. But all right, and I think Almighty God probably came up with a decent plan for how you got to breathe while you're asleep. But thanks anyway.
Speaker 1: This guy, he got his mouth tape an ice bath filled with bottled Saratoga water because the kind of water cold water in your bath obviously makes a huge difference. A banana peel rubbed across his face, and most importantly, it all starts. It's what is sense the oils or something, And most importantly it all begins at three point fifty five am.
Speaker 2: I kind of like this sin lives late at night. According to this post, that got so much attention. If you're dealing with a weak mind, bad decisions, or lack of productivity, go to sleep early. You do tend to make bad decisions at night. Eating a relationship.
Speaker 1: Wise shortly after he took the tape off of his mouth that Benjamin Franklin said, early to bed, early to rise makes man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
Speaker 2: In the days that fall, that video going viral.
Speaker 1: Seemingly half of the Internet, from Ed Shearan to somebody I've never heard of, posted clips parroting the Hall's routine about getting up at four o'clock in the morning anyway that sounds entertaining. I feel like last week we were talking about how I feel like I don't feel like I know this is true. Extroverts get to like run the world and act like that's the only way to do things.
Speaker 2: Because they're extroverts. They're they're loud and proud and are willing to get in your face and say it, whereas we introverts.
Speaker 1: Are kind of, yeah, I don't, I don't really like it a whatever, and so you get all the attention.
Speaker 2: I feel like people who are built to get up early kind of dominate that conversation.
Speaker 1: It works for you because that's the way you're built. Yeah, it doesn't work for everyone.
Speaker 2: And the sort of person who is more productive, maybe as productive as you, but does it getting up later and staying up later.
Speaker 1: So right, exactly, But there's no Look what a hard guy I am aspect to that.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: For some reason, that is kind of interesting. I don't know why it is. I get up at ten am, but I don't go to sleep until four in the morning, and I'm productive the whole day gets no attention.
Speaker 2: But yeah, here you've seen as a sloth or something like that. Yes, kah, Well, there's nothing more manly than rubbing a banana peel on your face or making sure you have Saratoga water to jump into as opposed to tapwater. Good lord, ugh, oh my skin, my poor skin.
Speaker 1: Hand me another banana peel quickly it's all dried or something
Speaker 2: Armstrong and getdy.