Speaker 1: This episode of the Patriots Postgame Show is presented by DraftKings.
Speaker 2: This is the Patriots Postgame Show.
Speaker 3: First yehoft dive for the inside touchdown.
Speaker 4: Patriot with Hardy, Mike de So and Paul Perrillo.
Speaker 1: Hand off the Stevenson when's the left big hole across for forty cuts left for forty.
Speaker 4: Five as team rolls the defender there.
Speaker 2: Join the conversation by calling the Aceticket hotline at eight five five Pats five hundred, or email this show at web radio at Patriots dot Com.
Speaker 4: I hope y'all keep that same energy for tonight. Baby can't wait.
Speaker 2: Live from our studios inside Jillette Stadium. Here's Hardy.
Speaker 4: The Patriots come out of nowhere to get a twenty nine to twenty five win over the Buffalo Bills today at Gillette Stadium, and we are here for all of it. This episode of the Patriots Postgame Show is presented by DraftKings. It's Hardy here out right away. I managed to make it down through the bowels of Jillette Stadium and stop periodically to monitor the game on the various television sets and elevator lobbies and hallways. Mike Duss Paul Perilla making their way down right now to talk about this game with you. Moves the Patriots to two and five on the season. The Buffalo Bills now four and three and they are one and two away from Buffalo, So lot to talk about, a lot to talk about with the way the game was handled and managed. But if you want to talk about the initial keys, I got to hand it to Mike Dussau who said, hey, why don't you go out there and score first and see if you can get a stop, which is exactly what the Patriots did. They jumped out to a ten nothing lead, and that included an interception on the Buffalo first offensive drive of the game. So Patriots not able to score first, but also turn the ball over immediately and put themselves in a position to where they got the lead and really only relinquished it once at the very end of the game. So much to go over here, So we're going to invite you to join us here. Eight five five Pats five hundred Web Radio at Patriots dot Com. Got to give it up for a couple of players right away, including Mac Jones. We were wondering if Mac Jones was going to be able to lead this team down the stretch and figure out a way to win well. Trailing twenty five twenty two and the Patriots getting the ball back, mac Jones not only got them into field goal position, but after a couple of stumbles there after getting into field goal position, managed to find Hunter Henry on a huge play and eventually get into the end zone there. To give them what I think once they got into field goal position, a lot of Patriots fans were thinking the same thing. Okay, let's get this thing to overtime and see what happens. Wasn't necessary, as the Patriots find a way to score as mac Jones found Mike Gasicki in the end zone for the game winning touchdown. The Bills did get the ball back, only had a couple of plays from scrimmage after getting the ball back. Stefan Diggs nearly brought one down, but still they would have been thirty yards away from the end zone and the final play of the game another turnover and the Patriots emerge victorious here in Week seven of the NFL once again to move to two and five on the season and show some real life out there in a variety of ways. Mike Desso pal Parillo joining us. Now, Deuce, I gave your credit right away, your key to score first and to get a stop is exactly how that game opened up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was a good start, you know, I think it kind of set the table for him. I mean, look, I think we all thought, you know, when they were settling for field goals in the red zone, like this isn't gonna be enough, This isn't gonna be enough. This offense is too good. And that's certainly the way it felt right down to the end. I you know, we haven't seen this from Mac in the offense. We haven't seen a clutch drive like this since you know, as you want to guess San.
Speaker 4: Diego or La Chargers a few years ago.
Speaker 5: That was the only time he had a fourth quarter comeback like this. So, you know, credit they did enough, They did enough, some big plays and I just got to give a lot of credit to to the offense for that last drive, because I sure the heck did not see them pulling that out. So Ramandre, of course, Kasiki at the end there, Hunter Henry with a big play. You know, it just it just kind of all went right for them down the stretch.
Speaker 1: So it was a.
Speaker 5: It was a really good win. It was a heart stopping game and just a fun game to watch. And so I don't know.
Speaker 1: My heart was like racing. I was so nervous game right down to the end. It was a terrific game, a lot of a lot of back and forth, a lot of I thought questionable stuff coaching wise, on the Bills part especially. I thought there was some questionable calls by the officials. But the last drive I had full faith that they would move the ball and getting field goal range. I have to be completely honest. I did not even put a touchdown in the possibility category. And the throw to Hunter Henry, which I think we're going to see right here. You see how close Epanessa comes to causing a strip sacked there. This is a great throw. This is because they were sort of that was third and long, third and nine. I think if they don't get the first down, they probably have to kick a long field goal, and it would have been time for Buffalo to get that field goal back. So this throat, well, not that one. The throw to Hunter Henry, to me, considering the circumstances, I think might have been one of the best throws that Mac Jones has made, you know, in terms of the clutch like they haven't had. And I mean we all know the numbers. It's the first time they've ever won a game under Mac with the other team scoring twenty five points. And it's the first time they've come from behind with the drive as opposed to a pick six, which was how they won that other game that they came from behind. This was Mac Jones's, Mac Jones's day, you know, the touchdown to t GASICKI to end it that just you know, I felt I mean, I don't like when people say this stuff because it kind of sounds condescending, but I felt good for Mac Jones today. Yeah, like to have that drive. I think he's been under a lot of pressure, a lot of heat from all of us, and I say us myself included, you know, for at least one day. They made the plays at the end, you know, hats off to the Patriots in general and hats off to Mac Jones specifically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think he really needed that if he wanted to have that type of narrative for this game, because there were mistakes made.
Speaker 1: I don't think he played overly well in the game. Well, but in that drive he was balls, yeah, and the final rabbit have.
Speaker 4: That of course, but you know, if if it's not for that, and I'm not you know, trying to throw shade on him immediately afterward. But there were you know, there should have been back to back delay of game calls. It only got called once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I said they got a lot of breaks today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they got a couple of breaks that way, and they got a couple of you know, questionable coaching decisions work out for the Patriots. You know, you mentioned the bills and some of the things they're doing coaching wise. You know, I questioned why the Patriots weren't using any of their timeouts at the end of the first half when they were trying to get another score on the board, and it just seemed, I don't know, there seemed like a lack of urgency right up until the very end when they got things figured out. And with a minute fifty eight, that's that's how things unfolded, with the Patriots starting on their own twenty five, marching down the field, getting into field goal range, maybe just barely getting out after a loss of.
Speaker 1: A long one on an incomplete pass.
Speaker 4: There a loss of yardage on that incomplete and it's just.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Douceid don't know.
Speaker 4: I was thinking field goal, just like Paul said, I was thinking field goal. Let's see what happens in overtime. And I would have been I would have been in here practically singing the same praises had they just been able to get into field goal range, and that would have been enough for make me to make me say, Okay, Kit really showed you something today. Yeah, but wow, did they go above and beyond? They did?
Speaker 5: They did, and you know, it's just I think it's it's especially you know, just I don't know what the word is, the fact that they did this defensively, and I mean they held hang on by the skin of their teeth. I mean there were multiple Buffalo drives that were you know, double digit, double digit plays, you know, but just to hang in there like they did. We've seen you know, talented Patriots defenses go up against this Buffalo offense in recent years and not have any answers.
Speaker 1: So, you know, they just did enough on defense.
Speaker 5: It was certainly really close, and it seemed, you know like Buffalo just did enough at the end to kind of to pull away.
Speaker 1: But it's just one of those games.
Speaker 5: Where you didn't know if the Patriots had the mental toughness for this kind of game.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: It just it's been so long since they've really been able to be in a close game that goes right down to the end and just to make those kind of critical plays, and you know that they finally did it.
Speaker 1: So I think, you know, what does.
Speaker 5: It mean, you're two and five. It's it's you know, it's still a long road to go. But I just think for keeping everybody on the same page, keeping everybody kind of bought in, it's just a much needed jolt.
Speaker 1: Of energy, I think for this Patriots.
Speaker 5: Team that you know, just going to take a little bit of that bad energy away around Mac and you know.
Speaker 1: Everything, a badly needed jolt of energy. Yeah, and that's exactly what they looked like and forever since they've had one of those.
Speaker 5: I mean, go into the preseason, really there wasn't even anything really there, you know. So we'll see, we'll see what they can build off of. They should have some confidence, you know, they should have some uh, you know, a little bit more belief in themselves now that they've they've got to go down to Miami. But it just gets harder with the Dolphins and everything they're able to do on offense. So you know, is the defense going to be able to find something else like this next week?
Speaker 1: I hope so, but but it's going to be a big challenge.
Speaker 4: All right, Let's get to our good, bad, and injured list, because I know a lot of people are going to want to talk to us and get your emails rolling in here to web radio at Patriots dot Com eight five to five, Pats five hundred to join the show. But first, the good, the bad, me injured.
Speaker 1: Now it's time for the good, pretty good.
Speaker 7: It's pretty pretty pretty good, the bad, and the injured.
Speaker 8: Ah ah, you are right guy.
Speaker 4: Good players, the bad players, and the injured players are brought to you by the Okays as we uh just are still reeling from this twenty nine to twenty five win for the Patriots today here at you let Stadium over the Bills, Paul, why don't you give us your first good first?
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna get my first good to Bill Belichick And okay, why don't we want to do that first?
Speaker 4: I want to I want to talk to the man of the hour. I mean there are multiple men of the hour, but we'd be hard pressed to find someone better to talk to than Mike. Is Sicky joining us right now on the Patriots postgame show. It's Hardy, Mike do So and Paul Parrilla. Mike, congratulations, what a game.
Speaker 9: Oh thank you guys very much.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 9: I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Mike, Just you know, what was the energy like coming out today, because it seems like you guys finally got you know, a good start. You came out, you put a drive together, you put some points on the board, the defense came out and got that interception. Just you know, can you speak a little bit to just the start and the energy that that brought to your team?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, absolutely, I mean it was something that we focused on, you know, all week in practice, just talked about it all week, just starting fast and you know, playing from ahead, and we were able to do that and uh and then obviously, you know it took all four quarters and all the scon minutes.
Speaker 1: So Mike, obviously you come down to the wire there, you're at the one yard line, you have no time out, so running the ball probably not an option there to make sure you have the tying field goal. Take us through the touchdown catch. You looked like you got inside of I think it was it was it Johnson. I think Taron Johnson.
Speaker 9: Uh yeah, absolutely, yeah. I mean I knew once we sent that personnel on the field that you know, I was gonna have a chance. And uh, you know it was really just four verts by everybody in the field, and you know, Mac just kind of going to going to whatever matchup that that he that he selected, and you know, I'm appreciated with him giving.
Speaker 10: Me a chance.
Speaker 9: And uh, you know I knew that, you know, Johnson was probably think I was gonna try to get to his outside and maybe like a back shoulder, So I tried to you know, sell that and then you know, sneak inside and make make a play.
Speaker 5: See it seemed like Mac had to go to you on National tight Ends Day though, right like that, like that just had to happen.
Speaker 9: Hey man, I'll take you. I'll take you. I mean that was that was definitely a fun way to end.
Speaker 4: Mike we I'm sorry, we we won't uh you won't tell anybody, but were you thinking field goal? Maybe field goal on that last drive and then and then we'll see what happens in overtime.
Speaker 9: Uh, you know, honestly, I mean, you know, on the sideline, you know, we were talking. You know, our goal was to go down there, score and win it, and that's exactly what we did. Started off hot with a great player, m Andre Hunter, had a great catch on third down, Pop got us down in the one yard line, and uh, then you know it will be you know, send in twelve personnel and you know, gave gave me a chance for for the game winner and Mac creck and Mac gave a great ball a line, gave him time and it was.
Speaker 11: It was.
Speaker 9: It was a great ending to a great day for us. But you know, we got a long road ahead of us.
Speaker 1: So Mike, as you're talking, we're running highlights of the of the game winning catch, and it looked like you did a really nice job of sort of knowing that Johnson's coming and keeping the ball a little bit up high. You know, obviously you have, you know, a pretty good height advantage there, but making sure that he wasn't going to get high enough to be able to knock the ball loose. Was that on your mind as you're bringing it in?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I think you know, I learned that way back, you know, when I know you know my size and you know where I can keep the ball. So I knew if I kind of just kept it away because you know, they're they're teaching him to, you know, play through the hands. So if I tried to tuck it right there, it would have give him a chance to make a play on it. So I just try to keep it away. Uh, you know, obvious to get two feet control of the ground and then uh get up and celebrate like an absolute moral Well, Mike.
Speaker 1: I don't deserve to today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and seriously, for an offense that's been a little on the quiet side, you and several other guys on the offense today kicked that door open and said we're here. So congratulations, great win, great catch, and we really appreciate you taking the time. Thank you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thank you, guys. I appreciate it all right.
Speaker 1: Thanks Mike.
Speaker 4: Mike is Sicky the hero.
Speaker 1: I'm that no one else is gonna want to talk to him, the man of the moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean we're not gonna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just it was nice to flip the script, you know, like like the way Mike said it, like you just like you see, like Hunter Henry. I just was watching as we were coming down Mike in the elevator. You know, they had Mac on the field. I think with Evan Washburn and Hunter, Henry comes running Up's got a big smile in his face. He's pounding Macy. Those guys, especially the guys on offense, have been under a lot of heat. And you know, for at least one day. I don't know what you know, like we I'm sure we're gonna spend like an hour talking about playoffs and stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it means. I don't know, like I don't know that it means really anything other than an upset today. But for one day they could feel good about themselves. They had a lot of bounce, they had a lot of energy on the field. I thought they were the better team for the vast majority of the sixty minutes. It just shows you just the difference between the talent levels of some of these teams. That the other team can play like that and have the lead with less than two minutes left in the game.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you what, Paul, I don't think it changes things dramatically, But what.
Speaker 1: It don't think it does on this show. I think it will on others, okay, but.
Speaker 4: But you know, you know what it tells me this team is capable of going out there and winning games and putting together a good product down the field and keeping us engaged for what twelve eleven more games? Now, okay, good, I'll take that. That was That was a hell of a way to spend a Sunday watching that football team.
Speaker 1: It's a good game.
Speaker 4: Put together those drives, get those types of stops on defense.
Speaker 1: I'm fired up. There's a good game.
Speaker 5: I am two of you you talk about. You know, my kids, my wife came to this their first game, first Patriots game ever today and I was like, well, you know, we know how it's probably gonna go, guys, But.
Speaker 1: I mean, what a first game to go to a thrilling back and forth right down to the last play.
Speaker 4: Are they coming in the booth?
Speaker 1: No they're not. Actually, I think one of you guys won have to give it right home if you don't.
Speaker 4: Mind, Oh I could do that.
Speaker 5: No, they bolted, they bolted, but they were up. But they had an awesome time. And then I'm sure all all the Patriots fans did yet. You know, Rabel in the House GARNECKI again the good energy from Sley Hardy.
Speaker 1: I had a good feeling about this.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll go back to our good bad Yeah, you're getting red coaching. Yeah, coaching like to me, like so, there's been a lot of talking and I've been part of this too, where you know it's Belichick, the GM's got to replace. We got to replace the GM guy, but the coach we still want. And I have sort of said, like, when was the last time you felt like they came out with a game plan in the game that did anything to bother the other team? Well, there's an answer to that now.
Speaker 4: Today yep, October twenty second.
Speaker 1: Okay, today they had the Bills off balance throughout the first quarter of the game. They had him out a position, They had all kinds of motion going, whether it's Bill O'Brien and Bill just coaching and Jen was my first good I thought, Mike the ability to get some speed on the field early in the game with to Mario Douglas in, Taekwan Thornton and Jalen Rager, faster guys that put Buffalo in bad spots. And I thought that was, you know, a good deal of coaching to go along with that. I thought defensively they did a good job, not necessarily of getting a lot of sacks, because they didn't, but I thought they made Josh Allen move around a little bit quickly, like get him off the spot quickly and not let him just survey the field. So my first good today is the overall game plan and coaching of the Patriots.
Speaker 4: Boss man Fred Kursch just now into the studio. Had to eat a glazed donut.
Speaker 11: First half of one.
Speaker 4: I saw you eating a donut hot like the show has begun and some of us are here and some of us are eating donuts. But that's you know, when you're the boss, you can do whatever you want.
Speaker 11: And you're lucky.
Speaker 5: Here he's glowing, he's in the afterglow of a big Patriots You know, we're just all beside ourselves in here.
Speaker 11: What sully donut?
Speaker 4: Well, what a game? What a game to watch? You know? I have half a feeling, you know, deep down that had they not pulled it out, had they only kicked the field goal, ended up losing in overtime, I wouldn't feel much different. I'm telling you. That was That was a hell of a game to watch today. It's been a while since we had one of those.
Speaker 11: And it was great to finish the deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, you know there was some Patriots fans that probably feel like that would have been a better outcome. Well, well right right, the fake ones, Fred, not the ones that we want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, we talked about the way they started, the way they finished. What what are you thinking about? First? When you reflect on this game which only ended moments ago.
Speaker 12: The first thing I thought about was just, you know, this team still has fight. They're still fighting. A lot of guys are hurt, you know, some aren't coming back, some might, but the guys that are out there are still fighting and it's good to see.
Speaker 4: It is all right. Well, what do you got for your first good over there? Dudes? Well, Paul went with coach.
Speaker 5: I know, well, I'm just gonna play the hits and I'm gonna go with your brobe Peppers first. You know, first player of the game, get another interception or getting the interception, Well, you know, when he makes an interception, first throw the game off, Josh Allen, I got I gotta give him some credit, but you know, not quite sure.
Speaker 1: You know, how how we read it and what exactly happened. But you know, he continues to be a spark for this team.
Speaker 5: He was a spark last week, uh you know, forcing that that one interception, and then today just to start the game off like that, you know, and then to have the offense go go down and take a touchdown off of it. It's just it's complimentary football. It's everything you're you're looking for with both sides. I mean, like I said in the pregame, just get a good start, see where we're at. And you know, both sides had a good start, and you know it weren't sure if they're gonna be able to make it stand out, but ultimately they did and it put them on the right track.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I just chronologically the opening drive on offense and just the number and the different players that got involved, whether it was Thornton and Faroll Brown.
Speaker 1: Farl Brown's on the uplist too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I mean, I we probably have a few to do, but but he's really showing something. I mean too, you know, twenty plus yard plays. I mean, just for an offense that struggled to move the ball with big plays so much this year to suddenly, you know, and at one point, I'm looking out there and I'm saying, you know, talking to Evan and being like, oh, we decided to move Mike on when you to write tackle all of a sudden, I know, we'd try to get Pop Douglas more involved with some speed and you know, I trumpet rager really, but you know, just it just seemed like they finally made some moves that made sense to get speed on the field, to put some reliability at right tackle, to get out of you know, allowing Vederian low to to just be a turnstile over there, and you know, and so it's someways a little frustrating because it's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, those are the answers, that's what we've been hoping.
Speaker 5: Like this feels like more like a reset and you know, good to get cold strength back in there too, so we'll see exactly what the pressure was and all that kind of stuff. But overall, I just I think they pushed the right buttons. You know, like Paul said, Fred.
Speaker 4: What do you got for your first good?
Speaker 12: I would say, you know, I love seeing Mike and when you at right tackle, you know, and at least for that first half, I thought the line was pretty solid. I thought that Mac at times uh rushed himself a little bit. You know, there was one play where he just absolutely panicked and ran right into pressure.
Speaker 11: When Stevenson had picked up the blitz.
Speaker 12: But I thought, you know, Mike, and when you and the line city sow next to him, I thought they played pretty well.
Speaker 11: So I was I was happy with that, with.
Speaker 4: The right tackle for his first After that, I just I have to make note of that. I can't believe that. I can't believe that just happened. But well, you know, Kevin Greg Bedard in here.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Paul, what do you got. I'm gonna go specifically with Douglas. I thought to Mario, Douglas was really good in the game. I thought pretty much every time he had the ball in his hands, he made a guy miss. He broke not making guys miss, He broke tackles.
Speaker 12: And didn't he look just with his hands like a seasoned vet, ye like he like surehand making, Yeah, making catches that were hard, you know, tough catches.
Speaker 4: Yeah, great for him, I.
Speaker 1: Mean yeah, I thought, I just thought he was really good. Four for fifty four and cat and he had a run for twenty yards that he broke a tackle at the line of that broak a tackle at the line of Scrimma him one.
Speaker 11: I mean, you know, I thought rookie catch.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I thought he was really good. He was on my good list, and then this return to I mean, I'm putting him on my good list, and it's like not enough. Yeah, it's like we have to put him in the Hall of Fame, like right here, Like that's a one yard game. He breaks that tackle. That's like that movie that's twenty yards when you broke a tackle one yard downfield, right right, that's a tackle that has to be made, and he made it look easy and like it just breaks right through it.
Speaker 11: No one else up to this point had been doing that, right, That's the thing.
Speaker 4: And and defensively, I have to say, maybe we'll get to this on the bad list. It's the type of tackles that the Patriots did in this a number of times today, open field tackling. It's probably gonna end.
Speaker 1: Up on second half. Yeah, I don't think this was a great defensive.
Speaker 4: This is and this is you know a perfect example of how you view this from you know, two different lenses. Pop Douglas great looking and breaking that tackle over around Bill's radio right now, they're saying, you've got to tackle that guy.
Speaker 1: Right, you know, disarray all day. Yeah, Like that's why I put the coaching number one, because I have to think that some of that was by design, Like the Patriots game plan made it hard for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, who else you got to?
Speaker 1: You got pop on there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know I had I'm trying to pick which one first that let's let's go with ye Anthrety Jennings.
Speaker 1: And Dietrich Wise.
Speaker 5: I know Jennings had them split in the big tackle for loss there. You know, I just I think that they were part of, you know, like I said, a shorthanded defensive effort that you didn't really expect from. You know, these guys that Jonathan Jones has banged up.
Speaker 3: J C.
Speaker 1: Jackson's it's just been back a couple of weeks. He lost ouch.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, we talked about the pass rush issues coming into this game, how concerning it could be. I just thought Dietrich, I mean, certainly those guys Wise had a couple of mistakes as well, but overall, I just think kind of speaks to the defensive front and how they powered out through this game.
Speaker 1: I'll let somebody else talk about Barmore.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, definitely, he's definitely got to be on somebody's list.
Speaker 11: He's on mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean put him on Okay.
Speaker 12: I mean, you know, the only bad play had was you know, driving Alan into the ground. But other than that, he was causing pressure all day. And he was a big part of Alan's problems today. You know, he had one sack, but he was it was a constant visitor to that batfield and got Alan off the mark. And I think that was such a big part of what they had to do today and they did it.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I don't followed him or anyone else for not being able to sack Josh Allen Moore. He is unbelievable. Some of the escapes that he made today. I'm like, he's down, this play is dead, and he keeps him alive. But the pressure is the thing. And as long as the downfield coverage is good to prevent big, big gains on a lot of those evasive moves that Alan has, give him credit. Put him on the good list. What else you got, Paul?
Speaker 1: What else do I have? Just one of the things that I had mentioned when I with Douglas. He also had a really good punt return in this game, so I just added that to him. But I thought special teams in general today were pretty air tight. They had a couple of short kicks that they did. They covered one of them, they covered well, one of them not so much. But they had the good punt return by Douglas. I thought the best punt of the year for Bryce Behringer, sixty four yard punt that really flipped the field and would only a seven yard return too, So I thought he had another one was kind of meaningless at the end of the first half, but he downed one at the three. You get a shank there, and you know, let him start at the twenty, and who knows, maybe Buffalo decides they want to try to move the ball, but at the three with twenty twenty seconds left, I think clearly they're just gonna take a knee and go into the half. So I thought special teams had a nice little bounce back game. Yes, yes, right for.
Speaker 4: Individual players making individual plays and executing yes, I agree with you. But there was I think a delay a game on one punt, and there was they had ten guys on the field and had to scramble around.
Speaker 1: That's coaching.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, but that is that also falls under the umbrella of special teams. And you have correct one correct two coaches over there too, real. And I had the.
Speaker 1: Time out on the field goal, I mean time out sorry on the uh yeah, on the field goal when I had that is uh, that's bad. I'm going to separate them.
Speaker 4: Special teams players good, special teams coaching bad.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 1: But I also thought like they had a short kickoff that they ended up tackling them inside the the uh inside the twenty, and they made them go. Now, unfortunately the Bills went eighty one yards. That was to open the second half, I think, but they tackled him inside the uh yeah, inside the twenty. I think they tackled Aim at the eighteen. I'm sorry, I'm red zone. There's a fourth and goal play in. I believe, yes, Kareem. I just I just to win the game. I wanted to highlight with to put him ahead.
Speaker 5: What Fred said though about Ryland with that forty nine yarder, because it just felt like such a critical time and I, you know, I looked at him like this is nick Folk territory. These were the kicks that Nick Folk would make inside of fifty.
Speaker 4: Gotta have it, you know.
Speaker 1: I just thought it was kind of a nice moment momentum because they had a chance to, you know, sort of lose momentum by missing a field goal, and they had been playing well at that point but not really separating, and that I think that restored the two score lead. Yeah, I thought I thought Ryland. Adding Ryland to that special teams thing was was I think very relevant. He was, he had he had big moments.
Speaker 4: All right. What else we got?
Speaker 12: I got about Bill Belichick winning his three hundredth game on a day that it was announced he had a multi year lucrative contract. To put a little context to it.
Speaker 1: Good day to be Bill. Yeah, this isn't This isn't the Patriots notebook. This is the good bad knee injury three hundred and My first good of the day was Bill Belichick.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Let me yeah, right, My wrong, My wrong, guy, my wrong. I'm gonna put can I put you one Bentley on there for that fourth down? He got in there physically and broke that play up. I mean that was that was a key play too sure with the defense kind of reeling a little bit, you know, it's just you know, I'm sure everybody kind of felt the same at that point.
Speaker 1: It just felt like, all right, here we go.
Speaker 5: Even when they came out in the second half and just kind of went right down the field and all right, now they're going to decide to play. But huge play by Bentley just to get in there, get in there fast, got his helmet in there as.
Speaker 1: You can see get them. This is just me getting a closer look at it.
Speaker 5: But but yeah, good, good, good, huge play right there by Bentley the fourth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I have to go back and check. There was the first big reception that the Bills had. It may have been to I'd have to go back and check. But Bentley was in coverage and he got he got stuck. It was a mismatch and you could see it.
Speaker 1: We're talking about Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I don't know who he was on, but he shouldn't have been on the line. And it was like, okay, so.
Speaker 1: That was I found the man. Yeah, that was a good play, the fourth down play that that Mike is talking about. You know, another one if we're doing the Bills wrap up here, that's a bad drop by Dawson Knox, which it was, but without Bentley there. He probably doesn't drop it, so to me, it's a good defensive play, all right. I also had Farroh Brown. I had Brown on there too, two catches and they were both huge.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's been a little bit of a spark, unexpected guy that was available. Bill bill O Brian had him in Houston, and you know, I mean just just seems to get lost a little bit, you know they I think people kind of maybe underestimate him, look at him as a blocking tight end, but he's been moving.
Speaker 11: Up the pyramid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's productive, contributing.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think we got all the goods singled out. You want to focus in on the bads here for a moment, Paul.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I have a lot of different things sort of written down, but they weren't as big of impact as the goods were, if that makes sense. I thought it was much more good today. I didn't like the play calling at the end of what I thought was a wonderfully career to first drive. You know, you get down there, you're in field goal range and it's like third and five and we're running an our po and I think Zeke got stuffed for like two yards, like I just thought it was sort of uninspired. Yeah, you know, we're playing what was the lead that important that we got to make sure we don't do anything stupid here and lose the field goal. So I didn't like that. Yeah, you know, coming coming down in the first drive, which I thought otherwise was as creative and entertaining a first drive as they've had all year. Yeah. Yeah, Kendrick Bourne, I mean, he just you can't fumble.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's just I mean, if they had lost this game, that would have been what we're all talking about, and you know.
Speaker 4: It takes away what was a productive day.
Speaker 5: I wanted to put him up on the uplist, but that's just too much of an egregious mistake that just they cannot happen in that situation where you're cleaning to a lead, the momentum is on Buffalo's side, and now's the time we decide to.
Speaker 1: Let the turnovers you know, creep back in.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 5: I like Born, I like how he's been playing lately. Hopefully he can shake this off and luckily the team came through for him so that he's not sitting in his locker right now, you know, thinking it's all his fault that that he gave the ball the game back to Buffalo. But it's just it cannot happen. It cannot happen, and and everything. You know, It's like throughout this game, I felt like there were elements of, yeah, this is bad Patriots a little bit, you know, steking their heads up a little bit. They didn't do enough to lose the game, but like plays like that remind you that, like, this is still a team that has a lot of work to do to get to that point where they're you know.
Speaker 1: Really fireing all cylinders. Yeah, well, to me with this playes really showed and I was going to say it to Freddy, but I just felt it there was so much time still left. Well, it just it just showed you a the difference in talent, which I said earlier, but just the margin forever they in order to be a team like Buffalo, which I think is completely reeling right now, they had to play almost flawlessly and they get down to the last whatever five minutes of the game and they get a ball punched loose, and before you know it, they're inside the two minute warning. Trey, yep, Like, did you ever think Buffalo was the better team today. I didn't. No, I did not think Buffalo was ever the better team capable with one fifty eight left, the other team has more points, and it just shows you how well they have to play to compete with these teams. Yeah, they need the other team to be completely like Buffalo was today just to just to compete.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you're and you're right, Paul, because I think we all realized like this wasn't the usual Josh Allen were used to.
Speaker 1: That just makes these impossible micros on the run where.
Speaker 5: You're like today, you know, usually those are dead on. There were probably I don't know three or four of them that just felt.
Speaker 1: Like I'm the Josh Allen apologist. Everybody said, well, that's what he is. Yeah, I didn't, and he was. He was not good in this game today. I'm good at all.
Speaker 4: Just one bad that I had that I saw periodically throughout the game. I'm not a huge fan of the routes that are run that stop right before the chains, especially if your receivers are inclined to uh get the ball and drop down right away. I mean, there was so many fun they could have had so many more first down, so much easier if I don't know, routes are maybe run just a tiny bit more, or there's an ability to get a yard after the catch. There were just so many of those today. I'm like, oh my god, and I look it's I know they're doing it for a reason. They're doing it that where that's where they're going to be open, and that's where Mac has, you know, the window to throw it into. But it just seemed to happen with too much frequency today. And it's a nice problem to have after a win, saying, oh, you wish I you know, would have had some of those first downs one play earlier, but you could have several times and that that kind of bugged me. But that's just kind of a general bad what about you, Fred?
Speaker 11: Has Mac been mentioned yet?
Speaker 4: I mean we sung his praises at the beginning. I mean I a.
Speaker 1: Great, great moment for Mac. Great moments and what we do. Yeah, we did have him. I don't think he had a great game. Yeah he was great when he had to be. And if he wasn't bad by any means, No, if he's going to be on.
Speaker 4: A list, I'll put him on the good list. But the god players definitely on the good li twenty five to thirty two touchdowns, no pick.
Speaker 1: I just think that some of the field goals they had to were like sort of some I think that RPO was on him, Yeah, as the one that I'm talking, but this was this was Max's day, big day for Mac.
Speaker 4: Well, one of the one of the things that you know, kind of buged me to And again it's more of a general thing. You know, you're up ten to three, and it happened I think twice. When you get down there on the first drive. You know, you're throwing the ball, you're mixing up the plays, and then you run at a couple of plays in a row and you take your foot off the gas and you settle for a field goal. And it happened again after they scored the first touchdown and they have to you know, you're still up thirteen to three. I get it, it's fine, but some of those plays, I don't know if it's Mac, I don't know if it's the play calling. I don't know exactly what's going on. But there were times at the end of drives when they would get either into the red zone or just outside of it, where they would just the pressure would come off and they weren't able.
Speaker 1: Tod mentioned one of those that he sort of like created pressure by himself and ran into a sack. There was a play I think at the end of I think the two minute drive at the end of the first half, that he let the ball slip out of his hands and caused the incompletion. So like that's why I don't think it was a perfect game. I don't think he played great. But the throw to Hunter Henry on third I think it was third and nine was great, not an easy throw, was a great throw. And you know, I thought that the throw on second down or might have been first down, that he tried to throw it and it went over the top. The pop it Douglas, Okay, So that one I thought was like, I'm afraid to try to stick it in there now the next one half earlier, you got him on the slant.
Speaker 4: It wasn't afraid on.
Speaker 1: The next one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I was about to put red zone offense on the down list, but I mean with the last two touchdowns, I couldn't couldn't do it. But I think early on that was headed towards on the down list, and it felt like that's gonna be why they're gonna lose.
Speaker 1: They can't because even the second to last touchdown was greatly penalty aided because they were about to get stopped on that red zone trip too. But yeah, this was a big day for Mac though. Like Fred, I don't know if you saw this. Mike and I were coming down and it looked like Mack was doing an on field interview maybe with Evan Washburn, and then Hunter Henry comes over and he's like banging him on the chest, and I just like the look on their faces like they they've been through a lot. Yeah, this was a big day for Mac Jones. He deserves his props today.
Speaker 4: Yep, what else he got there?
Speaker 5: One more it's kind of along the lines of the Kendrick Borne, the Kyle Dugar miss tackle on third down. It was third and fifteen, they pick up seventeen yards, Kyle Dougart had him bad one. It's just you know, these are I mean, the individual plays, but there's a chance to really close this game out and you know, point to Bourne's fumbled, point to this one giving him a new new set of downs, new set of life. You know, just you just need less of those kind of momentary mistakes there are quite a.
Speaker 12: Few of those, overrunning whoever had the ball, just you know, instead of just setting your foundation, you know how they tell you to square up and all that, that was just you know.
Speaker 11: Trying to make the big hit, overrunning the player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are a couple of those defensive penalties, you know, you had, like the bar More rough in the pass or the Jack Jones roughing the pass, completely completely unnecessary penalties. There was a lot of holding in the secondary like they were. I mean, I know that Buffalo's good. Buffalo's good offense, even though they're not playing really good right now, they are a good offense, and they were clutching and grabbing and holding, doing whatever they could to sort of keep it. And the other part of the penalties that to me is less excusable. We're running the screen, you can't run downfield. They were very fortunate that they picked the second one up. That they don't pick the second one up, they might not even getting field goals.
Speaker 12: That non penalty was probably one of the big plays of the game.
Speaker 1: As soon as he snapped the ball, he ran five yards down for trying to get that field Now, the throw was immediate, and I think that's why they picked it up and listen. I don't know why that's a rule, but it's a rule they've been calling a lot and they call it like on those screens. I've seen a lot of games with those penalties.
Speaker 11: Why do they have ineligible man?
Speaker 1: Because they don't because if you see the I think you're the TPO stuff. And if a defense, if you're a defensive player and an offensive lineman goes downfield like you know, it's a run play. So but I mean, I'm just saying that's why I'm not telling you how I'm not telling you.
Speaker 11: I've never I.
Speaker 1: Didn't make the rules. Why is there four downs? I don't make the rules.
Speaker 4: I don't want to take away the element of surprise for.
Speaker 12: The I've never got a good explanation why that rule.
Speaker 5: I mean, I do think some I don't know, with the rise of r pos and the ability, you know what I mean, because the offensive line kind of have to play the middle of that of r PO plays, you know, before they get.
Speaker 11: Down to rule.
Speaker 4: It's like, no, I know.
Speaker 5: I think it's more as more teams have done that, they're saying we got to make sure on these RPOs that they're.
Speaker 12: Maybe why they're calling it, but it's always been on the books and I'm wondering, like, you know, what was this rule is put in the books to combat something, you know, some whether it's.
Speaker 5: Holding or and what are they trying to well, not letting these RPO teams because defenses.
Speaker 1: Defenses have the guys that are eligible receivers, the five eligible receivers to cover and by adding more downfield that is, but they can't catch the ball, right, But how do you make that determination immediately? Like That's what I think it's about. That's why I think it's a.
Speaker 4: Rule like that. I don't know my last bad and I mentioned it briefly earlier. I want to call any timeouts before the end of the first half. Last Patriots possession clock is burning. Yeah, a little clunky you're running plays or going into run plays. There's just bad clock management. Max seemed to be unaware at times of what the play clock was at and just you know.
Speaker 1: The delay of games at the end. As you mentioned earlier, they were very fortunate they let the first one go on third and one, but.
Speaker 4: They had three timeouts and they you know, the clock was dwindling and they they could have put themselves in a position to u take away the Bill's ability to you know, have the set up for the double score and all that. It's just it seemed like just a lack of focus a little bit, either from the coaching or I don't know what it is that.
Speaker 12: A lot of you know, pre snap calls and he was just taking too long to do it.
Speaker 4: And sometimes not identifying things that would have been helpful. Again, overall, a good day from ACT, an important day from AC is what Paul said. It was to inspire some confidence from him, for himself, from his teammates, all of it.
Speaker 1: I would also say a potentially really damaging inability to get the two point conversion. You get two penalties, not one, two penalties on Buffalo to give you three tries to get to get a two point conversion and you fail on all threat play.
Speaker 4: So and two running backs on the field when you do it.
Speaker 1: That allowed you, Yeah, because I mean you it doesn't a math major. If they get the two, it's twenty four. The Bills just kicked the extra point to make it twenty four to twenty four at the end, instead of going for two and getting the twenty five. You need to get that that two point conversion. Yeah, and I've had enough of the mac Jones quarterback sneak.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm all set with the injured.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jennings seemed like a stinger, came back in, Trent Brown went out, came back in, he went to the tent. Yeah, that's something obviously. Trent Brown is very valuable to this team. And then even Vederian Low who came in for him, had an injury as well, so certainly for him something to watch going forward. Tackle health, but not not much, especially on the left side.
Speaker 1: It could get dicey if Trent Kinko, all right, one last good before we move on. Paul went six and oh and over unders Hey, she's you should see how bad I'm doing in picks on pu.
Speaker 11: Oh, God, me too. I think everybody can.
Speaker 1: Be embarrassing embarrassing.
Speaker 4: After my Michigan State plus twenty five and a half last night, I kind of stopped paying attention.
Speaker 12: I may have also, what's with your Michigan State putting trivia questions about Hitler on the big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what your measures and sting these things.
Speaker 4: I fully admit that there they are bad people, and they're idiots, and they're some of those Michigan State, people, I will readily admit, are the worst combination in human beings of being both mean and dumb.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 4: So there you go. It's okay, tough combat. All right, there's your answer. Let's go to the phones. Eight five five, Pats five hundred, web radio at Patriots dot com if you want to email us. Christian in LA, you're up first. What's up, Christian? And Christian couldn't hold on long distance, long distance with the TIA. Oh my god, he's just it's expensive. Patty, cousin, Patty and agu on.
Speaker 1: What's Updy?
Speaker 14: There's still a champ.
Speaker 1: It's still in play, Patty, Just so you know, Freddy. As soon as the the final gun sound he looked at me and said, twelve and five.
Speaker 14: I'll tell you what, man, I'm you know, I was all for moving on from Belichick. I'm not.
Speaker 15: I'm not gonna waiver.
Speaker 4: Come on.
Speaker 14: I always love to seeing my team win, especially against these guys. Love how it happened. A couple of things real quick. I thought, you know, I'm not Evan, but just just from watching the game. But it also looks like teacher Twise had a had a great game. Like every pressure that they got on him. Every time they moved Josh Allen off the spot, he seemed to be in the mix. And why the hell didn't they put big Mic out at right tackle earlier. That's that's all I.
Speaker 1: Got probably health wise. Yeah, my guess.
Speaker 5: Still though, it's like, man, you know, I just was looking down there and it's like, oh my gosh, we've got Douglas and Born and like, this looks like an offense that can actually run a little bit.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be the turd the punch bowl, but you know that I often come off that way. I'll try not to, can I just say, like, when you're winning the game the whole way, the other team's pressure isn't a huge problem. The offensive line probably didn't do any more today than they've done in every other game, except for you will win it. You're winning the whole game and the other team can't tee off. They weren't behind by two scores like they are every other game, and that's the difference. Like it got out to a lead, that's the difference. Mike had the key at the beginning of the game, like a score, make a stop and then see if.
Speaker 11: You can see what happens.
Speaker 1: Let's just let's see play a different way.
Speaker 4: Let's see how they playing.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, I said it to you guys. It was thirteen to three. I said, this is this is the way the Patriots win. They're gonna make Buffalo chase them the whole game. This is the what the formula for Buffalo? I mean for the Patriots to win Buffalo window closing closing. In all seriousness, if they don't get some players back, they're going to be in trouble because that's a very average team as constituted right now, according to the stick.
Speaker 4: With Miami Steve Tasker tools in the pregame window was off. The window was still wide open, So I don't know. Hey, pat thanks for the call, buddy.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we'll.
Speaker 4: See uh Brandon in Atlanta joining us now Patriots post game. This episode presented by DraftKings. What's up, Brandon?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 15: Everybody out?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Doing excellent?
Speaker 16: All right?
Speaker 15: So yeah, I'm definitely gonna enjoy this win. I mean, it's great to have another big Thory Monday to come in through and far between recently. But I won't harp on the issues in the fourth core or anything. And I'm very happy Bill was extended.
Speaker 10: I do feel like.
Speaker 15: You need, you know, a little kicking in nashell foot and not playing props as much, because clearly he was very helpful today and did a lot of things that we you know, other than the concussion he suffered and didn't play in that one game. It's like we knew, fans knew, like we need him on the field more. But I just wanted to know. I guess your all opinion, does this win if we can stay consistent with the offensive line the way it was today and Pop helping us other than the fumble, KB playing up to his level of you know that he should. Should we feel more confident about like you know, Commanders and the Colts and and maybe even the second Jets game and you know who got the Broncos down the way because last week and the weeks before that, I didn't think we could beat anybody, And now I feel kind of better about the Commanders and the Giants and teams of that nature.
Speaker 12: Well, certainly you should go into every game with hope, you know. But you know, as Paul said, and it's true, the Bills didn't play well, you know, and that's good because the Patriots made some mistakes too, But I do think penalties.
Speaker 1: I do think the Patriots played well. I just want to make that.
Speaker 4: Played well.
Speaker 12: They played well enough, but there were a lot of penalties that you know, you know, in other games would have shot them in the foot and installed drives, but they overcame them today.
Speaker 11: The fumble by Born.
Speaker 12: Was huge, but they overcame it, you know, and they finally got to turnover earth, you know for them, which was which was great.
Speaker 5: It's like, on one hand, I still need to see them take their way out of a bad start, like I still think that exists. But on the other hand, you know, seeing them be able to drive the ball to the end of the game, you know, it was backs against the wall. Need to drive that, you know, probably the most encouraging thing, just to you know, build some confidence like we're not we're down, but you know.
Speaker 1: We have the ability to come back. They've done it.
Speaker 5: Now they can you know, maybe believe in themselves if they do get off to a slow start again. But I think is a long way to go and a lot this team still has to prove, especially when they're stacked up against it and you know, having to reverse those those trends during a game when they're when they're losing and things aren't going right, how do you stop it? He put points on the board.
Speaker 11: I mean, let's fake. They had to leave for fifty eight minutes.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, And I really do. I think that's the difference in the in the offensive line, Like look at the last play to Hunter Henry. How close Like if you're just like, if you're in that situation all game where you're throwing like that every play, do you think one or two of those are going to result in sacks up?
Speaker 11: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: No, That's that's the difference. It's a totally different game.
Speaker 5: And you know it's I mean, in some ways, it's like, hey, we kind of knew this, Like this is traditionally a team when they get a good start, and you know, granted, give them credit.
Speaker 1: This was not a backup quarterback. You know, this was not Patriots played better. The Patriots won today because they were better today.
Speaker 5: So just make sure we give them credit for breaking all those trends that we've hammered them for for the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: And that's the only reason why I jumped in, because I know how that works. Spread When you said, like Paul said Buffalo didn't play well. Well, Parilo just says that the other team lost. That's not what I'm saying. The Patriots won today. No, they didn't win because Buffalo lost. They won because the Patriots were better. No one.
Speaker 4: When no one's here to play, gotcha.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no one, and you're not here on you're not here on Tuesday, on Tuesday, that's going to be. The impression is that Paul didn't give any credit to the Patriots. It was all about Buffalo.
Speaker 4: Nope, well they're really.
Speaker 1: Patriots played better than Buffalo today for sixty minutes, just like the Giants played better than Buffalo last week for sixty minutes and the Giants still lost. The Patriots were better than the Giants. That's what they won.
Speaker 4: Brandon, thanks for the call.
Speaker 1: That wrong, appreciate it.
Speaker 11: That's right, got it, got it right.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to get you in trouble for something that you haven't done.
Speaker 1: Oh no no, But I'm just telling you what to Fred's been around for a lot of Tuesdays, a lot of Tuesday therapy sessions where you know, we don't do it right, we don't. There's a way, like you have to say that they didn't just win, they took the other teams like manhood. At the same time, Well, like I was, you're not giving them proper credit.
Speaker 4: You seem to jump all over Fred for trying to congratulate Bill on his three hundredth pain. No, I did not, you did. You said, this isn't the notes, This is.
Speaker 1: Not the notebook.
Speaker 4: Okay, stop talking about well Joe in New York City echoes what Fred had to say. He said, congratulations to Bill on his three hundredth This game was a great reminder of Bill's coaching prowess. Pats were overmatched from a talent standpoint and found a way to win a solid game today. They were and focused player execution. The team showed a lot of fight. Also, congrats to Mac for leading his first last minute come back. Hopefully this performance gives him confidence going forward. He looks like a different player today.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he got a little ding up in this game.
Speaker 4: By the way, see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw a lot of gesturing, well waving.
Speaker 11: He was shaking off his knee. Oh really one point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, knee injury. Yeah something.
Speaker 5: Just for those curious, I did make a note second quarter ten oh two, Paul gave the nod.
Speaker 1: I did give the nod today very early.
Speaker 4: Did you feel second quarter?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, when Born fumbled, I was like, I.
Speaker 4: Gave the nod.
Speaker 1: Kendrick, come on. It's just another example of how times have changed, because in the past that would be a false nod.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because when I gave the nod in the past. Fred will tell you the game was never in question the rest of the way, and the game was very much in question. Neil in eighteen seconds.
Speaker 4: Left right Neil and the UK said, I think Mac answered a lot of critics today, including you guys. I've been saying all seasons, stick Mahomes, Burrows, et cetera behind that O line and see what they look like. I think Mac is.
Speaker 1: The sort of put sixty on the boards.
Speaker 4: I think Mac is the best option going forward, and bringing in a GM who can surround him with legit weapons and protection has to be the focus.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know about that, but I'm actually, I mean, I'm I'm definitely still in the camp of, you know, not any other quarterback but Mac, like I.
Speaker 1: Think on this team, yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, I just I don't think there's any other any other option out there right now. And I mean, I wouldn't think it's crazy if they continue to try to build around him next year too.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. We'll see about the g I me know what my options are. I'll tell you if I think it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Cam is in taunted and he's on the Patriots post game. This episode brought to you by DraftKings. What's up? Cam?
Speaker 13: Hey, guys, had a quick question about Farah Brown. You guys think we found a little FuMB here. I feel like it's a little more productive than the STICKI ben obviously, you know, two catches to day, but I feel like he's produced more oftensive highlights this entire season than most.
Speaker 14: Of our players.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a couple of catchup.
Speaker 1: He earned a spot on our good list. I thought he was a big part of it, you know. I know it was only two, but no big plays. I agree plays.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I mean for a while, you have the un you know, fortunate distinction of being the only Patriots touchdown score for hand of the game.
Speaker 1: It's two catches, so you could just say it's two, it's fifty one yards. It was a big place, ye, Yeah, you know, twenty six and twenty five tough to tell.
Speaker 5: How his blocking was too, but I'm sure he's you know, contributing there too.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks, Cam, appreciate it. Another email here, this one from uh Stefan and Germany. Going into the game without any hope, then allowing myself to hope against all odds. I'm high on adrenaline right now. But is this win the turning point for Mac and the Pats or is it only damaging the chances of getting the number one draft pick in twenty twenty four. I'd torn, but for now I want to celebrate.
Speaker 5: I just never really like thought that they would they're going to be in position to have a.
Speaker 1: Top three pick, Like I just I don't know.
Speaker 4: I never thought that.
Speaker 1: I don't think they can get to that point. I don't understand why people don't think that that's a possibility. I really don't a top three pick. Yeah, Like, I don't know why you don't think you can win four or five games, because I get you in line for that.
Speaker 4: Because I I think, like most teams, you were going to at some point beat a team that was better than you. And I know that, you know, talent wise, the Bills are you know, suffering injuries, But I still got Josh Allen and dogs and yeah, whatever the bill should be if if this was such an obvious it wasn't. I was picking the bills today, so I thought.
Speaker 1: The Patriots were going to pick. You picked the Patriots, I did, and Fred picked took the points.
Speaker 11: I took the points I took.
Speaker 4: I had a money line bet that I cashed out after the fumble. It was unfortunate, cost myself a lot of money.
Speaker 11: Sorry.
Speaker 4: Sorry, It's not that I would never do that, just you know, friendly wager with a friend of mine. The thing that Stefan also says, and you mentioned it earlier, the refs were too visible during the game.
Speaker 1: Rest was terrible.
Speaker 4: Games are best when only a well, okay, only a few penalties are called. I agree.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't agree with that. I just think some of the ticky tack ones like you can let go okay.
Speaker 4: If they're missing, if they're missing blown calls and teams are playing clean. I agree, the fewer the penalty is the better the game.
Speaker 1: But like you know, at the end of the like I think people were upset, like J. C. Jackson got call for a penalty early in the game, and then I think who was the call for an illegal contact for the Bills. I think it was Taron Johnson. Maybe they were terrible calls. It's just both of them terrible. Jackson's okay, Jackson's this right here. I think the second hit might be what but that's a ticky tag call. It is, okay at the end of the game, when they're grabbing his shirt as he's crossing the back line of the end zone, he's got He's got Gabe Davis's shirt.
Speaker 4: The whole way.
Speaker 1: You got to call that, you like, like, I personally like, that's got to get called. You go off side, you get. I mean, but there there were you know what, there's but like the pat like the delay of games. Why the different delay of games? Why you know why when one team gets a delay game, isn't a delay a game and the other team gets it? I mean, that's a penalty.
Speaker 4: And there are other there are other false starts that just get ignored. There.
Speaker 1: I just think there was too inconsistent. That's perfect way to put Yeah, so whatever, back to wise, one illegal man downfield on a screen and the others not.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't know, ya, I want to break right now. Okay, we'll step side here for a moment, and we will say thank you to the Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism. Great memories are made in Massachusetts, no matter how you choose to make them. Indoors, outdoors, scenic views, city vibe, solo, family style, whatever moves you, what have the season? Plan your perfect Massachusetts getaway at visit na dot com.
Speaker 7: Touch for You Interactive from the Yocres Company, offers New England's leading schools and businesses technologically advanced and easy to use interactive displays, providing enhanced collaboration and improved student outcomes in the classroom and an easy way to foster communication and teamwork in any business environment. Available in multiple sizes, Touch for You also offers a built in VC allowing for easy use through video conference systems. For more information, visit ochres dot com.
Speaker 17: By the time this Patriots fan is finished drinking his pepsi, you'll be fifteen seconds closer to game time. Patriots watching better with pepsi.
Speaker 8: This is the Gillette Labs with exfoliating bar. The bar in the handle removes unseen Dirton debree ahead of the blades for effortless saving in one efficient stroke.
Speaker 3: A million dollars but picking players. That's a lot of money. DraftKings, you know how many jokes I gotta tell to make a million dollars? Probably like a half on one.
Speaker 18: Take a free shot at a million dollars with DraftKings, the leader in daily fantasy sports.
Speaker 17: By the time this Patriots fan is finished drinking his Pepsi, you'll be fifteen seconds closer to game time. Patriots watching bet with Pepsis.
Speaker 2: Get in on the action with DraftKings, the official daily fantasy partner of the New England Patriots. New customers can download the DraftKings app now and play free for millions in prizes using code Pats. That's code Pats only at DraftKings. Minimum five dollars deposit required. Eligibility restrictions apply. See DraftKings dot com for details.
Speaker 19: Isn't it time to get exactly what you want? Welcome to Red Hot Deal Days from Verizon, where you get your pick of our best deals like My Plan, where you can pick the perks you want and save on everyone for limited time. Bring your own phones to a Verizon store and you can get My plan for our best price ever. Get exactly what you want on your phone plan and only pay for what you need. Bring your phone to your Verizon store today and get my plan. These deals won't last. It's your Verizon.
Speaker 20: When someone accidentally threw away the school play costumes, oh No, replacements were shipped with FedEx and with picture proof of delivery, everyone can focus on the perfect opening night FedEx where now meets next for residential delivery only.
Speaker 7: Touch for You Interactive from the Yokres Company offers New England's leading schools and businesses technologically advanced and easy to use interactive displays, providing enhanced collaboration and improved student outcomes in the classroom and an easy way to foster communication and teamwork in any business environment. Available in multiple sizes, Touch View also offers a built in VC allowing for easy use through video conference systems. For more information, visit okres dot com.
Speaker 17: By the time this Patriots fan is finished drinking his pepsi, you'll be fifteen seconds closer.
Speaker 21: To game time.
Speaker 17: Patriots watching better with pepsi.
Speaker 8: This is the Gillette Labs with exfoliating bar. The bar in the handle removes unseen dirt and debris out of the blades for effortless saving in one efficient stroke.
Speaker 3: A million dollars for picking players. That's a lot of money. DraftKings. You know how many jokes I gotta tell to make a million dollars? Probably like a half a one.
Speaker 18: Take a free shot at a million dollars with DraftKings the leader in daily fantasy sports.
Speaker 17: By the time this Patriots fan is finished drinking his Pepsi, you'll be fifteen seconds closer to game time. Patriots watching better with Pepsi.
Speaker 2: Get in on the action with DraftKings, the official daily fantasy partner of the New England Patriots. New customers can download the DraftKings app now and play free for millions in prizes using code Pats. That's code pats only at DraftKings. Minimum five dollars Depositive required eligibility restrictions apply. See DraftKings dot com for details.
Speaker 19: Isn't it time to get exactly what you want? Welcome to Red Hot Deal Days from Prison, where you get your pick of our best deals like My Plan, where you can pick the perse you want and save on everyone.
Speaker 1: For limited time.
Speaker 19: Bring your own phones to a Verizon store and you can get My plan for our best price ever. Get exactly what you want on your phone plan and only pay for what you need. Bring your phone to your Verizon store today and get my plan. These deals won't last. It's your Verizon.
Speaker 20: When someone accidentally threw away the school play costumes, oh No, replacements were shipped with FedEx and with picture proof of delivery, everyone could focus on the perfect opening night FedEx. Where now it's next for residential delivery only.
Speaker 2: Join the conversation by calling the Aceticket hotline at eight five five Pats five hundred, or email this show at web radio at Patriots dot com.
Speaker 1: Why he didn't make any throws a pregame warmups cunning him told him he got his arm loose in the locker room. The team wanted to quote keep it as low key as possible.
Speaker 2: Surprise live from our studios inside July Stadium, Piers Hardy.
Speaker 4: Kind of get back to the phones here eight five five Pats five hundred. This episode of the Patriots Post Game Show is brought to you by Draft Kings. We'll hear from Bill Belichick, who spoke I'm gonna say by a factor of four times longer than he has in the last two games. What's the difference. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Did you do any Dante's car. I cant impression this in this.
Speaker 4: That'd be great. But we'll hear from both Bill and Mac jones uh later on in the program, but first we go to Deshaun and Virginia. Deshaun, thanks for joining us. What's up? Goode on speaker there, DeShawn.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yes, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. What I wanted to say is that I'm like the last part of that. I'm not hoping for the first round pick. But that's how I want to speak on, which what I want to speak on is I was paying attention when the game first started with part with the receivers that was out there. So I noticed there was a lot of speed out there. Yep, a little bit just on Salon. So do you think they wish they were more consistent group of receivers moving forward?
Speaker 1: I hope so. But but my fear is that that was more game plan oriented, you know, against this against this particular defense that has trouble tackling in space. And I do think I mentioned it off the top, DeShawn. They had formations early in the game with to Mario Douglas, Taekwon Thornton, and Jalen Jalen Rager all together on the field, and they weren't like, you know, a side of Douglas. The other two really weren't impactful. But I do think the speed needs to be respected. I liked I liked that plan. That's why I gave Bill my uh my, my first first prize on the.
Speaker 4: On the Good List, all right, thanks to Shawn.
Speaker 1: I do think there's a chance that you'll see more of that. I just wonder if it was specifically related to Buffalo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and as I mentioned in the pregame show, Rager's now been promoted three times, so he is maxed out. If they wanted to have him play again, they would have to promote him to the active uster. I think, I mean, for me, just the bottom line is that Douglas has to continue to be involved, Like they cannot afford to put him back into like a fourth, fifth, fifth receiver option, Like keep him in the mix as much as possible.
Speaker 1: Douglas and born of your two best receivers.
Speaker 5: Yes, so seasoned today, Yeah, just jump the hands and gets a concussion, he comes back.
Speaker 1: He's like, all of a sudden, him and one of your two best receivers. He needs to be part of the game plan every week.
Speaker 4: Yep, Keith and Montreal joining us. Now what's up Keith?
Speaker 16: Hi, I'm good. Nice to hear you know, you guys after victory maybe have become that that often.
Speaker 4: There's a lot more where that came from, Keith. Don't you worry?
Speaker 1: Well, we think it's a win, but you really need to stop doing that because you know what's going to happen, all right.
Speaker 16: I mean after the first two games, I was done with the moral victory. I mean, they played well, they hug in there, but I was like, think, I gotta win one of these games because there's been too many games going back over the last couple of years where you know, they hanging tight with teams and then you know, only somehow find a way to lose. So some of the points that we're encouraging for me, you know, Matt getting the ball out quick, spreading the ball around I think to seven eight receivers the last drive especially, you know with Hunter and Gasiki Douglas played a major.
Speaker 15: Role in the game, and like one of you.
Speaker 16: Said, like he has to be part of of the offense, you know, moving forward. He can't be in a package. He's got to be out there because he presents matchup challenges.
Speaker 4: Have Douglas Douglas know who he was talking about. Okay, I don't know anybody who disagrees with.
Speaker 16: That, because you know, there's kind of been a little suspect special team was really good today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought they had a good day on special teams for the most part. YEP, I agree, all right.
Speaker 4: Thanks Keith.
Speaker 11: How many yards did macaff again?
Speaker 1: Two seventy two, twenty five for thirty for seventy thirty? Yeah, and statistically it was great. I don't think it was that great, but when it had to be, it was better than that. Like that's game on the line, though, I mean, everything is crumbling. You just somehow coughed up this twelve point lead in the last five minutes of the game. And he responds and I get it. You know, the first play is really you know, a thirty four yard play to Stevenson on it that he did nothing on. But the throat to Hunter Henry is huge. And then he comes back with the you know, the play to Kasiki for the win, like he was big. He came up big when he had to. It's it's a I don't say signature win, like it's a little bit like it is his best win. If you want to call it a signature win, sure, I mean it was his best win.
Speaker 4: Paul in Glasgow says, great to finally get Mac dog a win. Who cares about draft position. Let's get four wins and draft a Division two safety. He had eighteen overall, in all seriousness, we want entertainment and that's what today was. Solid win against a team that has owned us recently. Always great to see Diggs and McDermott get upset. Great job for Mac to get that monkey off his back, be a real quarterback on the final drive. And Pepper's for president was ra.
Speaker 11: A acting up on the sideline.
Speaker 5: Oh not that I noticed, but you know, I think on one of those calls we're picking up the flag.
Speaker 1: I think we got a little ra going for those of you that care about the draft position, because I know some people. Do you know the Giants won the Bears one. Those are two one win teams, so keep in pace. Even though you won, you didn't.
Speaker 5: Lose an I know an NFL script hat at that one, you know, and to your point, pout like I like, I just I just can't bring myself to start thinking about that stuff, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: I would never tell a fan that you're not doing it right if you're not rooting for them to lose. That's loser mentality. I don't do that. I've never done that, and Fred will tell you I've rooted for Northeastern for a long time. I have a lot, I have a share of losing in my background. Yeah, okay, I never live no. But I would never go in and say I don't care if they win. I went to every game hoping that they won. And I think if you're a fan of a team, you want them to win. I get that. I would never tell anybody who watches a game you're not doing it right if you if you're not rooting for them to lose. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 22: Oh?
Speaker 1: I know, But I don't understand this notion that this team is too good to be like in the top five.
Speaker 4: This one's in a weird mood tonight.
Speaker 1: Fandom that just makes again this is his favorite topic, dumping on me.
Speaker 4: Uh Mark uh says, great win, but the tackling is atrocious nearly cost them the game. There were some open field tackling issues that well, I'm sure will not be overlooked this week.
Speaker 5: I gotta say to like, you know, I like ju Bill Peppers, but he had he had a bad misstackle on that touchdown too, So they those safeties got to be better on the open field with that kind of stuff, especially you. I mean, some of these guys are not exactly world beef.
Speaker 1: The Dugger one was a bad miss. I didn't think tackling was a huge problem today.
Speaker 12: The thing about it is if those little things like the tackling and the penalty, if they didn't happen, this would be like a forty point game. They would have just destroyed the Bills. I mean, that's how much better I think the Patriots were today. It just didn't show up on the scoreboard. But if they make those tackles, you know.
Speaker 11: That they had shots at, Yeah, I mean, it would have been complete and utter domination.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think they were better all day. I really do think they were better all day. Now, the Bills have such personnel that, like, you look at the stats at the end of the day and it's it's pretty even. Yeah, But yeah, I thought the Patriot I agree with Fred. I thought the Patriots were better. And if they just had buttoned up a couple of things penalty wise. You know those big play I mean Mike's right, the Peppers miss on the touchdown and then the dugger miss on Latavious Murray that was like fifteen Yeah, if they gave up seventeen yards, you know those those gets you off the field. But I thought overall, like the play before Bentley knocks the ball away from Dawson Knox, I think it was Jack Jones had a really solid tackle dis yeah. On it was like, yeah, it was like third and seven or something. I think it was third and seven, and then he caught it little hitch and he's looking to catch it and maybe plant and turn up field, and you got hit as soon as he caught it, and it's fourth and two instead of a first down. So I thought they did a pretty good job of tackling today. There were a couple of clearing misses, no, no doubt. I thought the Bills, on the other hand, were atrocious. I thought Fred's right. I thought the Patriots had had the better of the play.
Speaker 4: How about Moyses in Connecticut? Moyses on this episode of The Patriots Post Game Show, brought to you by DraftKings, Moyses, what's going on?
Speaker 23: What's going on my Patriot bothers?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, pretty good?
Speaker 23: How do you let you guys know?
Speaker 10: They win?
Speaker 6: For coach Bartak?
Speaker 4: Do you go, Freddy? Another one win?
Speaker 1: Good Moses, another one on your side?
Speaker 23: After that, Damoyo Douglas Pot Douglas stepped up big, Mike Pasicky on the hand, we stepped up big. The last two players of the fourth quarter came up huged for the Patriots. Defense, offense stepped up will big. The Patriots play well, but Buffalo wi kinda shaky. Great team wins for the Patriots.
Speaker 12: And I thought the in game entertainment today was good. You know, you had the halftime ceremony, you had the violinists for the anthem.
Speaker 11: I think all around him fover went big win.
Speaker 1: Do we know that violinists the anthem?
Speaker 11: I know we're gonna put it up on Patriots dot com.
Speaker 4: The violin anthem was fantastic. It was one of my The.
Speaker 11: Kid had autism.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do we know? Does he go to camp all the time? Do we know that guy?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I've never I've never met him before, but I think he plays the hell out of that fiddle.
Speaker 5: Ethan Okay, I didn't hear the little name Charlie Daniels band.
Speaker 1: That was well done.
Speaker 4: That was really good.
Speaker 1: It was tasteful, tasteful, not tacky.
Speaker 4: No. Kevin and San Francisco. Hello, Kevin, Hey, guys, are we doing good?
Speaker 11: Sweet Ethan done?
Speaker 4: Ethan wants hold on.
Speaker 11: Kevin.
Speaker 12: Ethan wants the world to know that though he has autism, autism does not have him.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's what I said in the Yeah, that's what I said as they introduced him.
Speaker 11: Okay, we can't hear that.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't hear you. Guys. Need to get better seats.
Speaker 11: Sorry, real lucky.
Speaker 1: We're even in the stadium. Yeah, we can't even see that park here.
Speaker 11: Kevin and San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, sorry Kevin A Hey, uh.
Speaker 21: Good win today, you know, bottom line, Just I know it doesn't mean we're going to be any better for the rest of the year. And I know Buffalo's got their injuries and all that good stuff, but it's just good to get a win.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 21: But I got to disagree with Paul on putting the coaching on the good list.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I didn't expect that.
Speaker 21: I mean, come on, guys, they finally put some speed out there. What after six games.
Speaker 15: I'm not giving I'm just.
Speaker 21: Because the blind squirrel find it nut once in a while, I'm not going to give.
Speaker 15: Him credit at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, I thought their game plan had Buffalo off balance today, that's all.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 21: The game play was great until until once again, they get up about ten points. Then Belichick it's like, okay, let's get on the ball and let's win this game.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think they ever sat on the ball. They punted twice all day. I mean, I just, I mean I I I'm as critical as anybody. I thought today the game plan was really good. I thought that they moved the ball as well as they have all year today for sixty minutes. I'm not talking about for a drive right all day all day. Yes, I thought they moved the ball pretty much every time they had it.
Speaker 4: But I think what Kevin might be referring to is that the end of a couple of drives, the first two that ended in field goals, and again you're getting points on the board after a drive. You know, let's let's take our victories.
Speaker 1: The first one. I didn't like the third down play on the first drive, but that.
Speaker 12: Was the only one really, I mean otherwise, like people were saying at the end, they're you know, worried about the clock too much.
Speaker 11: They were playing it correctly, they were moving.
Speaker 1: The ball and at the end of the game.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm not not way at the end, but oh okay, there was another point where they were just it was like toward the end of the third quarter into the fourth.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they were, you know.
Speaker 1: I didn't think there was anything wrong, you know, with their mindset really all all day. I thought the play call at the end of the first drive was questionable. But other than like, we do know that they haven't been able to score more than twenty points all year, and now we're wondering, like, how did they only get twenty nine? And I get Kevin's point. Kevin's got a valid point. It took him too long to get here where they did the things they did today. I think that's a valid, valid criticism. But I just thought what they did today worked and it was really good.
Speaker 4: Kevin's all thanks for the call. Appreciate it, Johnny and Madtown says, congrats to Bill Belichick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is not fret Fretz got all his boys.
Speaker 4: Now only three coaches ever to three hundred wins. Also, Mac had a great game. I think he could have had three or four touchdowns today, but I understand the conservative play calling and who knows what would have happened on the drive after Born fumbled. Forget hypotheticals. Though he did well today, If he's not elite, we can never expect him to be. He wasn't today, But one is the game in the end.
Speaker 1: You could do audio books.
Speaker 4: Well, I've I got coached up by Fred and I did you practice on the radio show? If nothing else, I am coachable and he coached me to do a better job of reading the emails.
Speaker 1: He took your notes and you made some corrections and you came back.
Speaker 4: Well, he is my he is my boss. Well, the boss tells you to do something, you.
Speaker 11: Should do it.
Speaker 12: Like on your music show, do you do you go behind the music like before you know, like you talk about.
Speaker 5: Like try to stay in front of the music, because if you're talking about a song that just played, people don't want.
Speaker 4: That excel forward momentary, you know, like v H one behind the music. I do a ton of that stuff. I had a great tidbit today. I'll share it with you off the year.
Speaker 11: So that's That's what I wanted to know. Okay, it's more than just playing music.
Speaker 4: Sure, Sure, Kareem and Boston, Hello Kareem.
Speaker 11: When I talk about that show, Hey.
Speaker 1: Guys, it wasn't taken like I do when I said this was not a three wins team.
Speaker 16: We're at leaf A four winds.
Speaker 1: That's there, you go. Yeah, Well, what like Fred would say, twelve and five's on the table?
Speaker 11: Fifteen?
Speaker 15: Do we roll with.
Speaker 21: The silver pants until we lose?
Speaker 4: Oh? God, yes, I don't care. Impossible for me to care lesson why not?
Speaker 11: Why not?
Speaker 1: If they ask me tomorrow in the office, I'll say anything.
Speaker 11: Just whatever works, go with it.
Speaker 4: Lee and Oklahoma, We're going to talk to Lee before we hear from Bill Belichick.
Speaker 21: Hello, Lee, Hey, how are you guys doing?
Speaker 10: Lee?
Speaker 6: Hey? Uh, you know I am from Oklahoma, and man, I gotta tell you once. I was born in ninety six, so I was blessed with, you know, watching Tom Brady play all these years. But I have been, amongst my friend groups, the number one defender of Matt Jones. And the reason why is, you know, we struggled really early on in the year with checking the past or even last year, and whenever he was a rookie under Josh McDaniels. The one thing we did is we protected him decently well, I'm not going to say great, but decently well. And I do study football. I get a degree from I'm Home Tech University in sports media, and I love the Exes and oast and this seems to be the first game where Mac has truly had.
Speaker 21: A little bit of time to go through his.
Speaker 16: Puggessions and throw the ball.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 6: Not only is that, but it opens up the run game. I mean, guys, I'm not saying we're a playoff team at all. We probably aren't, but I mean there's some future there. I mean, I'm not saying Max is the guy, but he's definitely got talent that you can give him a little bit of ring to freeze.
Speaker 4: Am I wrong, No, No, and Lee, I personally thank you, but that's just well, if you want an x AS and O show, I'm sure we can. We can probably recommend a few for you, you know. But we're happy, Yeah, we're happy you're listening to us. I think the offensive line played better today. Number one. I also think Paul made a great point about how the Patriots were able to play and how they expected or you could expect the Bills to play. Once the Patriots had the lead, it changes the dynamic of the game. And it's not necessarily just about x's and o's an offensive line that just becomes a sense of urgency that other teams have not had with you before today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and my point on Mac is like, yeah, today was excellent. Like, they scored twenty nine points, they had just checking here, three hundred and sixty four yards of offense. They you know, they went down and got a touchdown to win the game at the end. They executed in the clutch today. There's no issues offensively. Can I see that once more than once out of the last thirty games before I say it, like, I think they got the guy right, like like it literally has been decades since they've they've looked like that. That's all I'm saying. I don't have any arguments today. You know, everything they did today.
Speaker 6: I liked, collaborate. I mean, all together, I want you guys to opinion on this though. Everybody has been kind of I mean, this year has been right. I mean we can all agree on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, last year was rough too.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so it was the last half of his rookie year that was rough too.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying this year, but let's look at this as this is the first drive at least that I can recall the top of my head where he's been down, had the ball. I mean, look at the Eagles, right, we had a finish to win. Look at the Dolphins, he had a finish to win. He finally pulled through and led the team down the field. He had one back thrown about that what four or five yard gold route that got batted and was arguably about it's been a pickable ball.
Speaker 4: But Lee, I think you're kind of making Paul's point. He's done it once, so you're going to change your mind on him.
Speaker 6: Well, well, no, no, no, no, no. Does this help him get over the hump?
Speaker 1: So you're asking, will he now be something that we haven't seen?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's maybe it's got to help.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's not going to hurt him the performance today. I mean, like we said at the top, I mean, this is something they haven't done before. So you know, everything that's being preached to them about the hard work and hard work paying off and all that, and and trust in the process and all that stuff, like it carries a little more weight right now than it might have before the game.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, I hope so, but.
Speaker 5: Hey, now you can have got it in Miami and we all know what that's been like over the last to.
Speaker 1: You a point ly like, it's not like that's unprecedented. You know, sometimes you just need to see it happen once and then all of a sudden the guy feels like he's he's a different player, you know. Thanks Lee, If you're asking me what I think, I don't think that that will happen. But I can't tell you, like something that's happening in the future, it hasn't happened.
Speaker 4: Well, it's it's my favorite point. It's been made today and I kind of missbook and it means sense of urgency. What I meant was well, in addition to the congratulating bill, that was the best don't and don't forget.
Speaker 1: Don't forget. I don't know if you guys know, but the next win that he was going to get was going to be his three hundred. No one's really talked about that, Okay, it's never really come up.
Speaker 11: The point that context to it.
Speaker 4: Sure, Yeah, the point that Paul made though about Mac playing better and the offensive line playing better. A lot of that is informed and dictated by the fact that the Patriots had the lead, and you can't send all kinds of defensive pressure when you're trying to protect against a team scoring again and increasing their lead. So, yeah, there was a good reminder at the top.
Speaker 24: Of that point has been made many times now, that's okay, it's been made.
Speaker 4: He made it once. I wanted to kind.
Speaker 1: Of highlight it. Yeah, I just I think that's the secret sauce for the Patriots. I think they only have one really one way, and like that's why I think it was so encouraging to have them have that drive at the end to like steal it, come from behind, and then maybe now like the next time they fall behind early in the game, it won't be that, well we're done. Yeah, you don't matter, you got no.
Speaker 5: Just another point I think to make is and I just want to make sure we highlight it. I know, not a great day for Remandre, but we did my little roundtable before and Remondre was if you could pick one person win or lose, just to have a good game today, And it wasn't a great game. But I just think that play that he made there in the end with that pass getting same kind of thing, like, I just think that's a play for him.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Granted, now I don't know what.
Speaker 5: Paul's gonna say, but you know, me and Evan are like, and we said it throughout the game, like it's just he's not getting what's there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to get running right into guys.
Speaker 11: What were his numbers?
Speaker 1: I can't in good conscience keep this because my my key had nothing to do.
Speaker 4: With this game, Like, oh no, you get the key. I wanted.
Speaker 1: I wanted to run the ball and they couldn't run them. Andre was nine four yards three point eight yards so and Elliott was worse, so eleven for thirty one.
Speaker 5: And you know, we kept saying, like, jeez, it just seems like he gets it. There's a little bit of space, and he doesn't really he'sn't able to break a tackle or make anybody miss. But in the same lines of mac one play down near the end, critical play sets up the whole final game winning score. Maybe this gives Mandre a little bit of you know, a little bit of encouragement, a little bit juiced to hopefully coming out of this one.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get to Bill Belichick here, big thank you to our partner Microsoft. Surface, the official sideline technology provider and laptop of the NFL and the New England Patriots, provides players and coaches with the tools to succeed both on and off the field. Check out the powerful Surface Pro nine, combining the power of a laptop with the flexibility of a tablet at surface dot com. Here's the head coach.
Speaker 25: A good win for us today, you know, a good team victory. You know, had a lot of contributions from all three units offense, defense, special teams. There's you know a lot of good football obviously. You know, Buffalo's very good team, quality team, very explosive. So yeah, came down the list handful of plays and unfortunately this week really to make them so.
Speaker 10: Good.
Speaker 25: You know, good day to day. It's there, got a lot of work to do, things we can do better, but it's good to have those results.
Speaker 26: So Bill, after run Mac hit rodri Andre goet out of the seven, you called your last time out, So your first and goal at the seven and Mac hit Pop Jong popped Pop at the one yard line. He did not get out of bounce but you had to pass interference call which stopped the clock. In retrospect the way things went, How did that pass interference call just change the complexion of the end of the game.
Speaker 25: Well, I mean it is what it is, kind of the same thing happened at the other end. You know, the penalties, I need to look there were flags, there were no flags. They picked them up. I throw them late, you know, I don't know, but yeah, there's defensive penalty that stops clock. That's what it is. So you know, when you're on defense in those situations, penalties are never a good thing. And you know we had them. They had them. Helps the offense, Hi.
Speaker 1: Bill, what did you see from mac Jones today, especially on that last two minute drive.
Speaker 25: Well, I mean it's you know, gotten a good offensive drive. You know, had a good you know, good run there about Madre and you know, got up a lot of you know, cover a lot of field, but you know, made mcmade good check on the blitz, got it to the weak side to Parker and you know, hip hop down there a good throw for the touchdown. So there's you know a lot of good football pass protection. I mean they were rushing, they were blitzing so we picked them up, we threw it, we caught it. It was a good execution.
Speaker 27: Coach.
Speaker 4: You got players making plays on both sides of the ball, guys stepping up big time.
Speaker 28: But Pepper's he seems to come through for you weekend and a week out.
Speaker 4: How big is Jabril?
Speaker 25: Yeah, i'side a good year, you know, very explosive player, hard tackler, a big, big lay An interception. That was a nice you know kind of we got hit on that play against him last year and you know, worked on it and I played it well. Did nice job, go up high point the ball. We worked a lot on you know, Allan throwing the ball down the field. Uh, he had that one in the end zone. Seemed like threw it about seventy yards. I don't know how far it was, but it was JC broke it up down there. So it was kind of fifty to fifty deep balls. You know, our are tough. He's I mean, he's got a big arm and you know he got good receivers. So yeah, PEPs, you know, PEPs and good for us. And you know, except this in the kicking game as well, and you mentioned offensive defense, but I thought we had you know, I thought Chad was a big kick there, forty nine yarder and uh punt return. You know, it gave us good field position there in first quarter. You know, covered kicks obviously a lot better than we did the last time we played them, so uh and punts you know thought you know, uh probably had a big field position swing there. So you know, all the units contributed. It's good to good to have.
Speaker 29: That, thanks Bill. First few games here at home this year, you guys started slowly. You're playing from behind, turnovers, that sort of thing. Today you had the lead to nothing, you obviously had to turnover. What was the difference for your team here today?
Speaker 25: Yeah, well, I mean we played well today, so I just still run for improvement. But yeah, I'll say it goes next time we played him.
Speaker 24: Bill, what factor into the decision to put Mike and Winnu went right tackle today?
Speaker 1: And is the plan to keep him there going forward?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 25: Yeah, we'll see. I don't talk like about it, so yeah, I don't know, we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 5: In the back, Bill, what is your reaction to becoming the third head coach with three hundred wins behind Don Shula and George Hallis.
Speaker 25: I mean it's great. I'm really more focused on, you know, our team in this year and worry about that later. Thank you, Bill.
Speaker 30: I'm wondering how much a drive like the last drive today for your offense can help generate confidence in mac moving forward, everybody, players, coaches, staff.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 30: How about for you then individually? How much more confidence might you have in somebody when you see.
Speaker 4: The next players?
Speaker 25: Why we put him out there? I enough confidence I'm moving them out there.
Speaker 1: On the other side, Pop had a lot more production today.
Speaker 27: Just what did you see from him after coming back from that concussion?
Speaker 25: Yeah, I mean Pop's quick. You know, he got some separation on a few rests, made a couple of tough catches. You know, the scene passed was good cash that he got held on the play. Actually, O, we're out on the first drive. I think it was sure he already's play. So yeah, I mean a big thing for all of us is just obviously offensively, ball security from every person on the team, so quarterbacks, receivers, running backs, tight ends, everybody hands the ball. If we can just take care of the ball, that will help us a lot. And so it's a number one thing for everybody.
Speaker 31: Bill Matt gave a lot of credit to the offensive line today and just overall as a group. I'm just curious your thoughts about the blocking up front, two tight end sets, the change with though one Knew'm just curious your thoughts on the overall performance up front today.
Speaker 25: Well, I think it was one of our most consistent offensive performances of the year. You know, we had a couple of long drives last week. You know today, I don't know, we were pun a couple of times. It wasn't very many, which is good. It's always a good thing, you know, ten punts against New Orleans or whatever it was. Yeah, So we moved the ball, we score points, we changed field position. Again, that's not one person. One person can't do it. You know, you have to have eleving guys working together. And you know, Billy did a good job all week with the you know, the game plan. Team went in there and played you know, with good, good competitive level, better fundamentals, and better execution. So it's a good place to start.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 1: There's been a lot of discussion as of late about your contract extension.
Speaker 3: Is there anything you like to share with Patriots fans about where I.
Speaker 25: Never talk about my contract. Focus on the game. Try to focus on Buffalo. Now we'll focus on Miami. Yeah, count on that. Thanks, So could could you like a lot of softball out there for me or something? And I hit a single? Like I don't need to hit out apart, We just kind of softball.
Speaker 1: On the one.
Speaker 25: Yeah, that was a you know, that could have been costly. Obviously, we that was a mistake, you know, on our part. And I'd say, you know, normally, probably just think about taking the delay penalty and kick it. But the way the wind was today, those kicks we were hard. I mean, you don't know from fifteen yard line, but you know you back it up now or you know, it's a lot tougher kick. So you know, we blew a time out on it. But thank you, thank for reminding that. I appreciate that, you know, bad bad coaching, bad management. But yeah, normally that would kind of be a timeout thing. But based on the way it was, I mean, that was a you know, I was a good Kich had made a forty nine yarder and then you know, you saw what happened on Basses field goal. I mean it looked like, you know, one of my five irons but straight there, right, But you know it's a tough wind out there today. So that, yeah, that was the we decided to take the delay and try to, you know, make it a little bit shorter kick.
Speaker 32: Hey, coach, just on pop Douglas again for a second. His skill set, How does that kind of open up things for the other skilled position guys. You obviously set him in motion a lot. He's a guy you have to watch out for. Does that open up opportunities for other receivers the running game when you have somebody that has to be accounted for?
Speaker 25: But like that, I mean, I don't hopefully they account for everybody. I mean, I gotta account for born Hunter, Henry Joseki, Parker Stevenson. I mean, I don't know if they ask Buffalo about that.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 25: Hopefully they're coounting for everybody. Not we should be getting the ball.
Speaker 6: Bill.
Speaker 29: Can you talk about the final drive and what you saw in the final touchdown in particular what you liked about it?
Speaker 25: Uh, well, you know the way Buffalo plays down there, it's sort of they hard to throw the ball in the goal line. They do a real good job taking the goal line away. You've kind of got to throw behind them into the back of the end zone, you know, with a flag or a you know, some type of play you know, in the back end line type of thing. Because they're on the goal line, they're they're really aggressive and they you know, it's just hard to stuff the ball in there. So you know, it's a good throw, you know, good high throw against that coverage is kind of what you what you need to do when they play it like that. And now there's some place where they drop back and you know, played they played a little bit of cover two down there, but you know, they play aggressively and it's hard to get open and hard to find space, and sometimes the space is behind the defense on the goal line instead of right on the goal line. So okay, all right, thank you.
Speaker 4: There goes the head coach after his team gets the win today.
Speaker 11: He'll be here for the whole week. Try the veal.
Speaker 1: I can't believe he took that rocket shot, Tyler Bath. I was not expecting that.
Speaker 4: Wow, he's feeling it.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 4: He was getting into a you know that just settling into that old rhythm, you know, with with Zoe asking the questions like good jazz. Those two are just be bopping and scatting around, you know, Zinger for twenty nine twenty five. That's your final here at Letts Stadium. Here tonight, we'll take some more phone calls. Well here from Mac Jones. In a moment, We're gonna go to Tyler, who is in the Bay area. Tyler, what do you got for us?
Speaker 1: Tyler Taylor?
Speaker 4: Nope, he's gone, Tyler. We'll go to Chad. He's in Los Angeles a phone stack.
Speaker 1: Hi, Chad, Yes, Hi, Chad.
Speaker 13: Get to listen to the good lift with Mac on it.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah he was.
Speaker 6: If he didn't make.
Speaker 13: That touchdown at the very end of the game.
Speaker 1: Would he have in on the bad I did not know unless I don't think he was a bad pick. Yes, okay, I should never say never, but I don't think he was anywhere near the bad list today. But he think, well you think he was bad.
Speaker 9: I thought that there was.
Speaker 6: If there was the reason they were going to lose, it was going to be him.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 1: Really, oh wait, you thought he was going to make a mistake on the last drive.
Speaker 6: I did not have any confidence.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, I'm not. Yeah, I'm like, that's fine. I'm just wondering if you thought. Let's just say, for argument's sake, they call a penalty on the on the screen pass to remindre Stevenson, and then they ended up not getting the first down because of that? Would he be on the bad list or did he need to like throw a pick on that drive to be on the bad list?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 21: I mean the pick that he did throw is pretty brutal.
Speaker 1: He didn't throw a pick. Let's pick what brutal pick was that he didn't throw a pick today. That's why I'm wondering what made you put him on the bad list? What game did you watch?
Speaker 4: Okay, I won. I wanted to get to the call.
Speaker 1: But who had Paul on the defending Mac? Mount Mac?
Speaker 4: They're gonna come up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mac was nowhere near that.
Speaker 11: He is like enough, well enough?
Speaker 1: But am I wrong? I want do you guys? You guys disagree, we can have a conversation.
Speaker 11: I'm just trying to what he was thinking of.
Speaker 1: I don't think Mac was anywhere near the bad list. I mean he was twenty five or thirty for two or seventy two yards and two touchdowns. So let's take the last drive away and just say they went four and out. I still don't put him anywhere new.
Speaker 4: He had a couple of horrific plays. He had that one screen that went like behind, I don't know who he's throwing it to Remandre. Maybe it was like, you know, three feet back, and it's like okay. But he made enough good plays to wear he's on the good list. Maybe not as much as de Mario Douglas and look, I wanted to take that call. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: That was one right there. Listen, I'm not telling you that. I don't think he played as well as as twenty five for thirty for two, seventy two and two touchdowns indicates no. I don't think he looked that good. I think most of his completions were just little checkdowns that they ran after the catch and may both mostly broke tackles after the catch. But when the game was on the line, he throws an unbelievable pass to Hunter Henry on third and nine. I think the game winning touchdown. I mean you might look at it and think that's easy. It's not.
Speaker 4: No, it like it's it.
Speaker 1: I just feel like and I thought Bill made a good point, you know, the play, the play before they got down to the goal line. You know, they have an all out blitz and he checks to a quick slant to Parker. Yeah, and it gets an easy seven yards. So yeah, I thought Mac was good on the last drive. This throw right here is perfect. That's a perfect throw under pressure. If he doesn't make that throw, the Patriots are probably going to try a very long field goal with the game on the line, and maybe maybe he makes it. Maybe he doesn't. But even if, like, let's just say that that throw was high and he missed him. I don't put Mac Jones on the bad list, to know, No, And.
Speaker 5: If they had lost, I would have been looking at the defense and their inability to get off the field with like, you know, four drives that were over ten plays. You had, you know, the two touchdown drives, and I mean one of them only took five plays, like you know that. That's where I would have been looking, was that this defense just doesn't have the horses anymore.
Speaker 1: To GA, we're talking about all the things the Patriots did well offensively today. They kept Buffalo off balance, they only punted twice. They were able to put move the ball and put points on the board. The Bills only punted once all day, All games, especially.
Speaker 5: In the second half where it was touchdown, they fourth down, but then touchdown downs, touchdown, touch.
Speaker 1: They also missed the field goal, you know, like they both teams moved the ball pretty well today. I still think the defense there that's there's issues. I thought. I thought the defense was as good as you could expect exactly, and I don't know what. I don't know what you're expecting. You need as much effort out of them going forward as they gave today.
Speaker 4: And I apologize for the quick hang up, but I wanted to get to your call. I didn't want to leave you hanging.
Speaker 5: Chad him on his opportunity to go by every time Chad call hanging Chad.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's a it's a two thousand election reference read and I can talk to you about it. Off.
Speaker 1: Don't let him get by you.
Speaker 11: But I think it's bush league.
Speaker 4: Oh. Now we're cooking with Chris.
Speaker 1: We're feeling good, Stafford smelling ourselves.
Speaker 4: Nat in Santa Cruz before we hear from Mac, go ahead, nat Hey, did.
Speaker 9: I did I hear Bill right?
Speaker 15: Asked Mike about it.
Speaker 1: He'll talk He'll talk to Mike about him.
Speaker 4: Yeah. There was an email from John in the UK who wanted to know about that too. I hope Bill keeps him there. Well, Bill's gonna talk to him. See how when who feels about that?
Speaker 1: I think it's just something like you talk about his comfort level, his his physical he's still dealing with an ankle problem. Yeah, I think there's a lot that goes into that. It's not like saying that is it.
Speaker 4: Okay with you?
Speaker 11: Also, the players their positions correct. It's not like that's the new paper.
Speaker 1: It's hey, Mike, is it okay? Is it okay? If I play you at right tackle? That's not what he meant on my watch?
Speaker 14: No, okay, okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 16: And then my other thing, my other point, just real quick, I really missed.
Speaker 15: James White today, that type of back. I felt like that was really missing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they haven't had that reliable guy for a while.
Speaker 5: No, Yeah, I gotta be honest though, Like in theory, I don't say I don't hate what they're doing between just like, let's just have two big backs that can both catch a little bit, they can both pass protect and not get so caught up in being so specialized from down to down. I mean I like it in theory obviously, in practice, it hasn't been productive, and you know, they're still trying to find a way to really make it effective. So I do agree generally with the overall point. But I think in a perfect world you'd love to live in that kind of place where you're not, you know, tied so much to each guy for each down and the defense knows what's coming.
Speaker 1: It's just generally you've got to deal with two big guys.
Speaker 4: Well, James Whiten is, you know, typical the humble way told me that he thought that Remandre could take his, you know place and fill that role, and I think, you know, for lack of anyone else, it's kind of who it could be. But it's nothing.
Speaker 1: No, it's not the same.
Speaker 4: Let's hear from the quarterback, shall we. Mac Jones after the twenty nine to twenty five win over the Bills that you let stadium today.
Speaker 1: Here's Mac mac after over here, after you guys had such a tough start to the season.
Speaker 23: Just how good does this feel?
Speaker 14: And what does it do for a locker room to get a win over this Bills team today?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 22: I think just keep fighting, and you know it's just a crumb, right, That's what I always say, and you got to build off that. You got to build off that and attack every day the same. And it's all about playing for each other, playing for the guy next to you, and understanding why. So we did that today and we need to continue to do that, you know, every day in practice and in the games.
Speaker 1: Mac I was talking to Godscha in the locker room and he said he came up to you before the drive and told you to be.
Speaker 4: Like Mike and Coch.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to ask what your interaction was like.
Speaker 11: Yeah, dg.
Speaker 22: Ever since I've gotten here, he's been one of my close, my close buddies, and he keeps it loose. He's funny, he makes plays out there, and I know he has confidence in me, and that means a lot to me, you know, as a younger player compared to him who's been in the league for a little bit, and he's done a great job. And I want to continue to do that and make people believe.
Speaker 1: Back after you know, after the last three weeks, how were you able to stay confident and stay composed and what would you attribute to just being able to bounce back here?
Speaker 22: Yeah, I think just sticking to the process, like I talk about it's hard when the results aren't there, but continue to do that, continue to get better. I feel like definitely we left some stuff out there as always, but at the end of the day, we fought back in the offensive line especially just gave me the time that I needed today, and you know, when I have time, I can do and read the offense how we're supposed to. And I really appreciate those guys.
Speaker 3: MAC might just put you on the spot, what's the first play you remember from today's game.
Speaker 1: What's the one that's going to stick with you.
Speaker 22: I mean, I don't really like look at a certain play, honestly. I think for me, it's all about the team, right, So you think about, you know, whether it was a good punt that Bryce had to put them down there or whatever. And that's something that I always look at. Special teams, defense, interception early like, that's amazing, right, we start the game like that. It brings the energy all that stuff, and then really just the offensive lines play today was what really stood out to me. They made everything work. Run game, passing game, and you know, I had a couple plays where I dropped my eyes and that's not on them, that's on me. So I definitely think about some of the things I could do better versus some of the things.
Speaker 4: That we did.
Speaker 10: Mac.
Speaker 30: When you were asked about de Vaughn, you said something about you want to make people believe.
Speaker 11: Yeah, how much did.
Speaker 30: That last drive maybe help in terms of your belief in yourself?
Speaker 22: I always believe in myself. I have a lot of confidence in myself. And I'm not gonna sit up here and say it every time, but I do believe in myself, and I do that through work and all that stuff. And that's why football is the greatest team sport. It's it's the quarterback. You know, they go, you guys, your quarterback goes. So for me, just continuing to be the same guy every day and just beat Mac.
Speaker 30: How far do you think that drive can help, maybe in terms of garnering more belief from your teammates.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I think just continue to do it. Like I said, it's just a crumb, and just keep picking up those crumbs and eventually you have a whole whole loaf of bread. So that's my goal. Just continue to work, continue to be Mac, like I said, And it's just one game, right, you know. I always say that regardless of the results. So gotta you know, do it again, Gotta fight every day and practice hard.
Speaker 27: I yeah, Max, So you talked about being mac and I know a couple of weeks ago you mentioned you want to be have fun, you want to be animated, and I know there were times where you let people know when things weren't going right. Was there something that really changed or do you feel like you just kind of hit your stride a little bit in the past.
Speaker 29: Couple of weeks.
Speaker 22: Yeah, Taylor, I think biggest thing is like always being me, you know, through the ups and downs, and a lot of times like people will look at you when you're maybe not all the way up right, you know that you're kind of you're not doing too good or whatever, and they want to see how you respond. So that's what I focus on, is the response and the process, the process. Every day, stick to my process, adjust my process, and then try and you know, carry that onto the field. So regardless of everything around you, when you stick to the process, you know, it usually turns out good. Eventually.
Speaker 28: It could have been about two years since your last fourth quarter comeback or game winning drive. What felt different in those last two minutes this time than it had in games past when you didn't come up with the game winning drive.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I think when you look at all of them, I've looked at all of them a lot. There's a lot of things that go on around and I have to continue to focus on my job and continuing to read the plays out how I'm supposed to and just lower my pulse and go out there and execute. I think that's what I told the guys in the huddle. Just take a deep breath and let's go do it.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 22: It's half of it's just belief and then the other half is execution. So got to continue to grow on that. And I think when you look at the other ones, when you look back, it's it's hard, right because you wish you had more. But I'm gonna look at the positive and grow on this and do it every time I get it.
Speaker 4: Thanks for all, right, There goes Mac Jones as the Patriots get a win today at home against the Bills. One final email here, Hey Hardy, you need to up the theater during email reading. Each one should be read in a more ridiculous cadence than the last. Just ask Fred about how many ways you can say, let's go places right? Great, to get the win. Glad for Mac still wants someone else next year, and barring Frez miracle twelve and five, I don't think that'll change the opinion. Keep up the great workmark from Chetta.
Speaker 1: All right, So yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: How many different ways can you say, let's go place, Let's I'm still working places causes, let us let us go all right? Final thoughts on this game today, Deuce, you're up first.
Speaker 5: That was a fun game, enjoyable for the fans, enjoyable to cover and watch, and so that's nice. But you know, it's just that gets harder next week with Miami that the offense is firing all cylinders. This is a banged up Patriots defense, So you know, as much you want to take some time to feel good about what they did today, and we certainly should to really get the season back on track. You're looking to go down to Miami and try to pull off an upset down there, which.
Speaker 1: Is a tough, tough task.
Speaker 5: So excited to see them play later tonight, see kind of what they're doing up there. But going to Miami, we know what it's been like in the past, So got a cowboy up again, Fred.
Speaker 12: This was the featured game in Germany on their network RTL that had the NFL rights, and so I'm just happy that good for business. We could do this for our home market, Deutscheln I was.
Speaker 4: I was unable to help the German broadcast Fatherland. They were asking me for for in game stats out in the hallway. I was trying to get myself Germans.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to get.
Speaker 4: Do you have the stats, statistical analysis? I don't know what accent that is. I said, our guys just get it online, and then he said online and he went back in the booth. I don't know. I'm sorry, Sorry, I couldn't help.
Speaker 11: Paul.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would echo a lot of the stuff that Mike said. I thought that they made a lot of big plays when they had to, and they flipped the script a little bit when they needed to make plays. Today they were the ones making them, and I thought they had Buffalo on their heels for the most part throughout the game. It was a really good, uh entertaining football game.
Speaker 4: It was it was, and that's my I mean, I'm happy for the win. I'm happy for Mac, but I feel like a theater goer like John the pa from from NYPD Blue. When he met the actor, he said, thank you.
Speaker 24: For the evening, and I think that's what you're supposed to say, thank you for the impy if Mike Vrabel and Dante Scarnakia that we could put up a win for their their game, right right on?
Speaker 4: All right, Well, we're going to meet back here next week. The Patriots will be in Miami, but we will be here. Fred will be U beach, oh my god, clubbing, yeah, probably rolling on X trying to get it together for the game. Whatever it takes. Whatever, let's go places in your music. Show. So thank you for listening and watching. Thank you for everybody involved. Final score for the final time, Bills twenty five Patriots twenty nine. They get the win. Thank you for listening and watching.
Speaker 11: Thank you for downloading this podcast.
Speaker 1: Subscribe on Apple, google Play, and everywhere else you listen. Like the show, Please rate and review us.
Speaker 27: Listener comments and ratings help keep us high in the podcast rankings so new listeners can find us.
Speaker 17: Be sure to check Patriots dot com for more news and more podcasts.