Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Being let me ask you this, as far as the recession, we have a we actually have a panel and invests.
Speaker 2: Get your tickets about how to prepare for a recession.
Speaker 3: So give the people some nuggets on how to how to brace themselves for this economic storm that way in right now.
Speaker 2: Number One, educate.
Speaker 4: Yourself on the markets that are going to be the most popular within ten years, because if you're following an old trend, there are so many players that have saturated that market, you won't be able to have an impact there. Number Two, you have to have connections. That we were talking about it before we started. Relationships matter. You can't build an empire on your own. It's impossible to do so. Number three, you have to learn from people that are smarter than you, who have the money that you want to have. So my thing is if a person has more money than me, I'm going to listen, and I know some of you in the comments want to be like there's even billionaires. I get all that, But usually if a person has to send it to where you want to be, they have a pathway for you to get there. And number four, you have to master investing. You have to so like, if you don't know how to buy houses, stops, businesses, any asset at the best prices, you are going to get manipulated and taking advantage of.
Speaker 2: So those are my four what would you guys say for this recession. You know, I always say to payoff debt.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, especially credit card debt. That's extremely important. You know, boost up your cash reserves if you can, because you think can happen. Obviously, people get laid off throwing recessions, so you want to make sure you have money on the sideline and money that.
Speaker 2: You can sustain yourself.
Speaker 3: Invest because you know, during the recession it's usually good times to invest. The stock market is down now, Cryptose down as well. Housing prices are still high, but who knows that could that could drap as well. And I will also say investing your education and skill set. And I feel like, you know, Toby, entrepreneurship, it's always a good time to start a business because you know, it's never a good time to not have control of your destiny. But the best time to start a business is on economic downturns. And I feel like, you know, my first career before this was a financial advisor, and I started in two thousand and eight, which was the worst recession since the Great Depression. And then during COVID, which was the last economic downturn that we had, we already had a business going, but we doubled down on it market. Mondays was created during COVID. We started a lot of different verticals during COVID, So I feel like that is always an opportunity to you know, hit when it's down. So I would definitely recommend and suggest that for people. Definitely invest in your education, look to start a business, save money, invest and keep your debt log. You should keep your debt load also matter what it's definitely during economic downturns, because anything can happen, right. It's like always say you don't prepare for a blizzard when it's snowing, like you got to have salt, Like if if you're in New York, like you got to salt, you got to shovel, you got all you got to buy that in advance, right, so you're already prepare. Like too many times we try to prepare when something is happening, it's already too late. And this is why like the rich get richer, because everybody knows that it works in cycles. So you don't prepare for bad times during bad time. You prepare for bad times during good times. So when things are going great, instead of like celebrating, you know that eventually it's not going to be so great. So you're already preparing for that, so now when it's not great, you can take advantage.
Speaker 2: That's what rich people do.
Speaker 3: The opposite is for middle class and poor people, where they it's always bad times, but they just double down on just the negativity during a bad time, like you just can like and then it just becomes like a constant.
Speaker 2: Cycle of just like a rat race. Right.
Speaker 3: So that's something that's extremely important, is to look at opportunities and prepare for crashes in advance, as opposed to trying to jump in when it's already happening.
Speaker 4: Even for me, I prepare for the twenty twenty crash since two thousand and eight when I missed the opportunity, So now it feels like it's a cake walk. What I said coin base may have. That's me studying every financial firm, every brokerage since the eighteen nineties. Like when I'm not saying that they're all going to go and solve it, I hope they don't. But when you shut down certain programs and you're going to hire and freezes while the assets that you know, well, even retail trading is down eighteen percent. So primary revenue driver for coinbas is going down. Have to be mindful and study. But parents in trouble what you say for the I mean I listened to.
Speaker 2: An athlete the other day.
Speaker 5: I forget who it was, and he had this mindset of like operation zero, and it was like, no matter how much he has made the next day, it was a new day, and so we have to figure out how.
Speaker 2: To make money. That's smart.
Speaker 5: So if you have that mindset, that almost teaches that financial discision to what I'm one hundred percent agree with which I said, it was like the education part is the most important thing, right because at that point your limitless with your opportunities, and so you get more opportunities when you're educated. The other thing is like having a skill, like people underestimate that, Like I know they used to have trade schools. Having a skilled takes away a lot of the barriers for you should be successful, right, rather than have a job, have a profession with there's always going to be a need, so everybody's not going to be earners.
Speaker 6: What's up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works, like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can try transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIIC.
Speaker 5: The greatest investment in the world. But somebody should be a punk. We're always ELECTRICI to be electricity. Somebody's always gonna be finest skill, especially in these times because even if you had a career, like you could be doing that on the side as well. Now you have more money to now invest and become more successful and have more opportunities, and so those two things are important that that mindset I for it might have been KD. It was just like, you know, he had made money, and it kind of like after his first year he was just like, wait, where's my money? And it was like, wait, I have to figure this out, Like now I have to go back to operation zero.
Speaker 2: Every day.
Speaker 5: I got to figure out a new way and that's going to lead to opportunities and it's going to expand your mind too. That's kind of one of the things, especially during the pandemic especially I can speak to myself that definitely new opportunity to learn. We learn as money as I can. First thing I do is like grasp it. And that's the teacher, you know what I mean, That's how we just grow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you want to say something, Yeah, I mean no, I agree with everything you're saying.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: I feel like the biggest thing that you can invest in is yourself and your skill set in addition to your relationships.
Speaker 2: There's a there's a cat named lethal Shooter that you know shot.
Speaker 8: So in my DMS, right, he slides into my DMS.
Speaker 7: This is like three or four years ago, right, and he's like, Yo, I know you got a basketball career at your house.
Speaker 8: Let me come by spend some time with you. Let's work on your jump shot.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: The first time I read it, I'm like, I ain't working shot. You know, I didn't have a jump shot back then, and I'm not going to have a jump shot now.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: He hits me again, right, and it's like, Yo, let me come I just give you a free session.
Speaker 8: Right, Eventually he tracks me down, comes to the house.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: He is a phenomenal teacher.
Speaker 7: Right, Me, I ain't never been able to hoop like that, but he's he spends the time, and I'm always I'm wondering.
Speaker 8: I'm like, what is it he what's his angle?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 8: What is he trying to get out of it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 7: He did that to so many different people, right, And one conversation happens and then I'm talking to Machine Gun Kelly, who's my next door neighbor. Now he's shooting with him, and before you know it, he's shooting with KD. Before you know what, he's you know, with some of the biggest athletes in the game.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: This is a guy who came to LA with a basketball.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: He didn't come with a bunch of contacts. He didn't come with the nobody put him on, right. He put in the work and he built his relationships from the ground up. He used his social media. He ain't had a lot of followers. Its not like I saw him and was like, oh, this guy is already Probably he built it from the ground up with using his skill set.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: So what I always tell people is, whatever your skill set is right, whether you're the best in finance, whether you're the best dentist, whether you're the best architect, whatever it is that you're passionate about, how were you using your resources as best you can? Right?
Speaker 2: And he's just so pure.
Speaker 7: I'm so proud of him now because he's like blowing the guys in video games now and it's happened over these last couple of years because he put in the work and he builds his relationships.
Speaker 4: So we'll say relationships with leaders out of a recession if you're entrepreneur, is that the big takeaway?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, relationship relationship, relationships save your life. And I feel like too many times we don't focus on cultivating relationships and that is more important than any other skill set that you can have. It's like, you can be the hardest worker, you can be the most talented person, you can you know, get up early, go to bed late, and it doesn't matter if you don't have the relationships. And it's like the lead through shooter thing is very a good story because it's a marketing story as well, and it's like, you know, I actually follow him and.
Speaker 2: What he does is if you're not familiar with him.
Speaker 3: He's like has like little YACHTI like running like suicide drills, Like it's weird, but I understand it because it's like then they posted on their page and he gets all of these rapp but it's like.
Speaker 2: Gary Vee, It's like why is Gary b Because they have them. So you get the people with the influence to do things that is not normal like for them.
Speaker 3: Right, it's like it's not even like they're playing ball and they're actually running drills. So now that's interesting. So that it raises his profile and now he can do personal training. He can, you know, do whatever he wants because he has millions of followers and anything that he posts goes viral and he's established himself as an authority in the space.
Speaker 2: Chris Brinkley is another one.
Speaker 3: Chris Brinkley is a trainer who he got on and he like you see that that loft in New York, Like that's.
Speaker 2: Chris Brinkley that way. He works out at so like Carmelo when he had.
Speaker 3: The hoodie, so you get but he also like he had like days easton there stuff like that. So he gets these NBA players and these celebrities to train and just by doing that posting on social media, it's automatically made him authority in the space.
Speaker 7: My graduates from my school being forced bad drop drop drops.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 8: Will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,