Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, are you ready shut up? Abouts that hit the fan?
Speaker 2: Welcome to one Sanction, Thursdays, ho Wrestling, what Friady? Welcome to Unsafe and Thursdays. I wish you guys could hear about the stuff we talk about before we start podcasting, because it always makes me chuckle, and I think you guys would too. But some of you would go, ah, that one are my feelings, and you'd get us canceled and we wouldn't be able to do it anymore. So blame that person, that friend you have, that rex all the things. When I was a little kid, it was a song called party Pooper and it went like this.
Speaker 1: Every party needs a pooper.
Speaker 2: That's why we invited you party Pooper. And we were like eight and we would hit dudes with it that would like rat us out and they would cry and.
Speaker 1: Be like, they sing a mean song about me. That was the mean song. That's what you guys get.
Speaker 3: I also disagree with that premise. Man, every party, he doesn't need a party pooper. Get him out of here. Well, it was public shaming, that's what we were doing. Yeah, like it. I like that part.
Speaker 2: It was that or stone him, put him up against that wall. Everybody grab a rock. He wrecked the party. Okay, speaking of violence, we're talking about ae friggin w We've got the owen Hart Foundation Tournament finals, a tournament that has really really sick matches and no story behind him. So there's not too much I can say about it because I never wrestled and I never booked a match.
Speaker 1: All I can do is fan out like you guys and be.
Speaker 2: Like, holy shit, did you just see what with Osprey did and how to swerve land on his feet?
Speaker 1: And we'll swerve one in. But you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So we get the finals of Will Osprey versus Hangman ad Him Page. These dudes just were a tag team together on the regular Dynamite show, and there was a little little beef, little tension at the end of the match. There was some jump ins and they kind of turned on each ol Igo, are you trying to fight Huck?
Speaker 1: Can you better back up? Fool?
Speaker 2: They had a little bit of that, A lot of tension going into this match. A lot of Hangman Adam Page fans out there and a lot of Will Osprey fans out there. I'm more Osprey than Hangman. He to me, is one of the sickest and he makes my son watch wrestling. And when you can do that to someone who's not a wrestling fan, I take a second look at you, because you're turning someone that didn't think something was cool into thinking something was cool. He goes, Dad, that guy looks like he fights in the movies. I said, what do you mean. He said, like a stunt fight in the movies, like you've done, and I was like, well, I've only done like a fight and you didn't see it, but yeah, I know what you mean. And he was like, I like that guy, what's his name? And I kind of broke him down on will ospray And then I showed him this video on Instagram where he does this like flip and lands on his feet and someone animated super sayan dragon ball Z hair that goes sh on his head, and my son loves dragon ball Z, so he was like, oh, Snapdad, someone didn't edit on your guy like he loved it. So I will as spray all the way. That's my reasoning why. But also I think he's more over than Hangman right now, and I think it's time for his run to the actual title and not the not the mid court titles. I think he's kind of earned that and didn't come in and get the push straight to the top, which was cool, respect But now it's time will O spray with the victory. Our producer agrees with me because he wants to make you guys money too, And this is one that I feel ninety six percent confident on. That's a lot of confidence, y'all. We never go one hundred, we never go a four hundred because it is a guest, But ninety six percent I feel real good about this. Producer Alex feels good about it too. What do you think, Jeff, who you got?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: The winner is going to earn a future aw World Championship match at all in Texas. Now, when I think of Texas, I think of.
Speaker 1: Hangman Adam Page.
Speaker 3: I love Adam Page. I love his look, his I love his in ring ability, I love the gimmick. I love the whole thing I am. Actually I think will Osprey's star meter has kind of faded. You know. Unfortunately they didn't use him the same way. Like this guy should be so white hot that like him and MJF should be having things all that like they should. In my opinion, they should have used will Ospray to be the top of the mountain. He should have been shot to the top. He shouldn't have him do whatever. In my opinion, I'm going with hangman Adam Page, just at a personal preference.
Speaker 1: All right, the Texas part you got me. The rest.
Speaker 2: I still feel strong. But the Texas point was a strong point, sir. But you're not swaying cool. You're not swaying me, dude. It's will Ospray, Come on, all right? Two against one. Next up the women's final. We got Mercedes Monday versus Jamie Hater and like Jeff said, the victor secures the title shot at the AEW Women's World Champion at all in Texas. Neither of these women are from Texas, ones from England and ones from Boston, but they're both pretty cool. Jamie Hayter is one of my faves. If you guys listen religiously, you know that I talked before she got her. I used to talk about her a lot. I think her style is real hard hitting. She's like a female JBL like with her lariots and all that. Like, she plays it real tough and stiff. And we got Mercedes Money. Y'all know Mercedes Money Asasha Banks. She was in the Mandalorian. She always got different color hair, she could wrestle her ass off. She's pretty good on the mic. But I feel, and I've said this before, so I will harp on it, that she hasn't had a proper storyline since she got to the company where you're gonna fully love her or hate her. I think a lot of the hate comes more from her being good in the walkout and being like, Yo, fuck you guys, here's my attitude, Like she just kind of owns the character, but she hasn't gotten a big enough story for me. So I think she has to win this match because then that puts her in a story with timeless Tony Storm, the only woman in wrestling that really in aw wrestling, that has a true storyline and that bangs them out every single week, bangs them out of That's something she would actually say in a promo because she's because timeless Tony Storm is dirty and we love her. But I think that'll finally be an opportunity for Mercedes to be in a in a proper story and then we can get a real thing. And they've invested so much more money in Monette than they have in Jamie Hater that you got to get a return on that investment eventually. So that's why I'm picking Mercedes Monday, which is also who are producers picking? Because he thinks she's going for all the belts. I think they just got to get their money back. What do you think, mister.
Speaker 3: She's got to give them money, bro give her a story, give her the most honest thing that's ever give them.
Speaker 4: Give my girl a story, man, she freaking deserves one.
Speaker 3: Let me just say something quickly about Jamie Hater that's unrelated. I don't know what she looks like. This woman has so many hairstyles, so many costumes, so many looks. She's like Shakira. You could go to a whole Shakira concert leave have no idea what Shakira looks like. Jamie Hayter has had so many different things and looks and hairs and all this different stuff. She's so strong, and I've always I've always harped about how why are all the male wrestlers like bodybuilders or really strong fat guys, but every female wrestler just looks like some model. So Jamie hater does fall. She fills the complaint that I'm always complaining about about being stronger. So I love that about Jamie Hayter. But I have always been a Sasha Banks guy. I love Mercedes Monet. I think she's awesome. So ah for this what a specific match. All due respect to Jamie Hayter, I am going with Mercedes Monet. I'm gonna go with Alex and Freddy on this one. I think Mercedes mone gets.
Speaker 1: The big dub.
Speaker 2: I think you're right sadly, Jamie. We love you over here, well at least, I yeah, we love you. But uh, the International Woman of Mystery is gonna lose. She's like Carmen san Diego, bro, Like that's how mysterious she is. Yeah, very much.
Speaker 1: So I don't know why compared her to Carmen san Diego. All right, here we go. It's hard to find lets.
Speaker 2: Tony Storm is the champ who Mercedes will be wrestling soon, and she's wrestling Mina Shirakawa, who everybody loves Shirakawa. She's awesome and she's cool and she doesn't care what people think. She talks a little bit of shit, which I love, and she just seems like a cool chick to party with in Japan, Like I just want to like if I'm not even joking, like I just feel like she could out drink you. She would make you do karaoke, you would like race the Mario karts in the streets of Japan, and like I've seen those videos on Instagram that looks awesome and be just hammered doing it and not crash because you're with Mira Shirkawa or Mina Sherikawa. Sorry, but she's gonna lose this fucking match, Jeff, straight up. Timeless Tony Storm is the truth. She is justice. She is the American way. Even though she's Australian, she's from Warner Brothers a Lot, whatever, you know where she's from. She's an American, true and true.
Speaker 1: Old school movie star.
Speaker 2: Tony Storm gets the dub and uh so producer Alex. He's tired of being wrong, so he's been asking me what I pick. And then after I tell him, he's been making all these picks. You know, Alex gets and he picked he picked Timeless Tony Storm too. What do you say?
Speaker 3: I will continue the path of hatred the I am a hater all right? Here we go with some things are worth hating. I get what Tony Storm is doing.
Speaker 1: I's right, I forgot you don't her.
Speaker 3: I get that you guys like it. I can like Tony Storm and recognize that she's a great wrestler and she's doing a thing that is that everyone loves. It's just not for Jeffy. I don't like when a wrestler time travels through a soda pop machine.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I've never liked it. When it's too Oh, make sure all the production puts the match in black and white because Tony Storm is coming down. I think it's corny. I think it's weird. She's mixing now new age stuff. Do you think a black and white actress like Vian that like like what Tony Storm is trying to depict? From the Warner Brothers, Loot would say filthy things?
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 3: So she's mixing like a new thing with the It's all not for me. I don't like it, but I can understand that it's great and people do like it, just not my stuff. So I am rooting for the gorgeous Mina Shirakawa. I think she's school man and she's just as American as Tony Storm, the brothers.
Speaker 2: You're saying that they're lying when they announced her, look her where she was born? That's that's what you're saying. You think they're lying about the height of these male wrestlers when they walk out and the way you think, so, yeah, they're definitely lying. No, it's television. They tell the truth. Jeff God, I'll.
Speaker 1: Give you this.
Speaker 2: When when the timeless Tony Storm first happened, I did not click with it at all, and it literally had to grow on me. And I don't remember the promo it was, but there was a promo that made me fucking laugh and I went, son of a bitch. She got me, and I've been I've been hooked since then.
Speaker 1: So it took her.
Speaker 2: It took a while, though, for me to jump on board that train. And there'll be the hardcore but sorry.
Speaker 3: That I can recognize that things are good and just not for me.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like like I don't have to you know, under I don't. It doesn't have to be for me. I mean, who am I? That's the thing. But but I I also am very comfortable saying not my shtick.
Speaker 2: I got you, all right, this is the easiest one of the night, you guys, this is the ninety nine percent confidence right here. The Hurt Syndicate Bobby Lashle versus Shelton Benjamin. Bobby Lashley beat up just about anybody on the planet versus the Sons of Texas, Dustin Rhodes and Sammy Kavara. The Hurt Syndicate's gonna kill the Sons of Texas and beat their ass and then beat it some more. And MVP is gonna hit them with a cane and beat them both down some more. And this is the easiest money you're gonna make all night betting with us sponsored by Note all right, moving on, Alex also picked the Hurt Syndicate. You know, mgf's gonna jump in there and give him a little hand if he needs to. Next up the second easiest match and the final match. This one is super easy to y'all. There's a ninety eight percent confidence on me. And it's ft R, Dax Horwood and Cash Wheeler versus Nigel McGuinness and Daniel Garcia. I didn f that one up. Nigel McGinnis is awesome. We love Nagel McGuinness. We don't want Nodre McGinnis to lose a match. We want him to win a match, but FTR is too hot right now. If they lost, it would take away everything that they just sacrificed by beating up Edge and turning them heel in the first place, and it would be a complete waste of freaking time. This action might be easier than picking the Hurt Syndicon match. If I'm being completely honest with you, this is FTR big time victory. Producer Alex couldn't agree more. You know what Jeff diy is going to say too, So when we're all on the same page, just go with us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a very predictable cards. I feel like I feel like this might be the most predictable. A. Obviously I went against the grain on someone's that are obvious. I'm not gonna I'm not mean it's not going to win, and I obviously don't think that Adam or Hangman Adam Page.
Speaker 1: But like, this is.
Speaker 3: Pretty predictable, pretty predictable card. Aw what are you doing here? A? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But sometimes predictable is good.
Speaker 2: I like going to movies sometimes where I go, Okay, I know it's going to happen, and sometimes I need to need be surprised like Kaiser, SoSE don't worry if you haven't seen that movie. I won't wreck it, even though it's been forever. And there's gonna be probably two more matches that AW could add to the cards. So maybe those ones we would have gotten wrong. But since we record this before it airs, you get to be one hundred percent right. Thanks for tuning into un Sanctioned Thursdays. Jeff, Tell the people where you're going to be this weekend.
Speaker 3: I am going to be all over Wisconsin, Iowa, and Batvia, Illinois. Just go to Jeff Doi dot com. You can find tickets to all my upcoming shows.
Speaker 1: That was Jeff. I. I'm Freddy Prince Junior and you just listened to on Sanctioned Thursdays. Peace.
Speaker 3: Yeah,