Speaker 1: Okay, we hear you, hey hands Briock and Jeffrey in the morning, and you found the Second Day and we've got a brand new one for you in just a second. But first we need to address up in. We have made Bevin Weber four four seven to one very jealous.
Speaker 2: Out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because of course the podcast is everywhere. It's on Spotify, it's on Apple Podcasts, it's on iHeartRadio, and it's also on YouTube. Yes, and Bevan wrote, it looks like the Spotify viewers are more important than the YouTube viewers. Oh, because we don't as often read our YouTube comments out loud. We read them though every day on YouTube. I would like to say that you are all like my children, and I love you just the same differently and she focuses on all right, all right, hey, thank you wherever you're listening, please like, subscribe and share. It is so so wonderful to see. We really truly appreciate it. And Bevin, hey, shout out to you. All right, let's get the second date started.
Speaker 3: The Second Date update, Brooke, your husband is a collector of sports cards.
Speaker 1: He loves them. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Does that make you more attracted to him or super.
Speaker 1: More attracted when he pulls out that Michael Jordan Rookie card. Gosh, if only it wasn't rated a three.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 1: Actually, I think it's a one because he wrote his initials on it when he was seven years old.
Speaker 4: That you just rubbed that card.
Speaker 1: All over, because it doesn't matter as much as.
Speaker 3: I bring it up because one of our listeners says that the guy that she went out with mentioned that he is a collector of items and it stopped her.
Speaker 4: In her track.
Speaker 1: Collection.
Speaker 3: We'll find out more about that in just a second, but first let's talk to Carly here. Carly, you said in your email that the guy's name is Ethan.
Speaker 4: How did you meet him?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we met on a dating app.
Speaker 1: Okay, and Liz whatever he collects part of his profile. No, oh, it wasn't listed.
Speaker 5: Okay, nope, A nice little.
Speaker 4: Surprise for you.
Speaker 1: You don't say it with a smile on your face that it was revealed like midway to the date.
Speaker 4: Oh okay.
Speaker 3: Well let's go chronologically then before we get to the collecting of stuff, tell us more about Ethan and what attracted you to him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so initially his one liner joke to me about he was the world's okayist cook and he had a picture of bart grilled cheese.
Speaker 1: That's really cute.
Speaker 3: The fact that he could cook at all, even if it is just okay, he's impressive.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, it's a cute line, and it's an easy way to then transition to let me cook you something mid.
Speaker 2: Setting a standard.
Speaker 1: Ta.
Speaker 4: So did your date involve cooking?
Speaker 5: It did not?
Speaker 3: No, okay, all right, So tell us about what happened.
Speaker 5: So, I mean, you know, we've been dating for like ten eleven days, like not super long, talking, right, Yeah, we were talking texting, you know, ten eleven.
Speaker 3: Days in the in the build up to the actual first meeting. So what did you guys actually do when you went out?
Speaker 5: Well, we decided to meet up for dinner and we went to Steak and Shake.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 4: Is that a fast food?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 1: Ok? Yeah, shake shavers over there and shakes because it's like fast food. Was that cool with you or was that a disappointment?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: I was okay with it. I mean he burnt grilled cheese, so you know, low standards.
Speaker 3: Sure, all right, And how was the chemistry between you and Ethan?
Speaker 5: It was really good? He was super fun, super sweet. He held a door. He was like pulling out my chair like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I'm old school, like I think.
Speaker 1: People being polite is probably is pretty well received.
Speaker 4: Well I slam the door in their face. We all have different styles of Okay, so he.
Speaker 1: Does that to me the studio honestly, like, learn to open the door for somewhere.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want to like get in the way of your womanhood and do.
Speaker 4: Anything like that.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to equal. We're equal in the work, I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So okay.
Speaker 3: So, but you you thought that he was being a real gentleman on this date with you, Carly, I did for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is all sounding great. Was there something like you said, the collection thing? When did that come into play?
Speaker 5: Well, he just randomly was like I collect rubber duck.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's the item that he collected.
Speaker 1: The deep owners, the one of those people idea rubber ducks are huge right now, there is every type of rubber duck ever.
Speaker 3: Okay, how did you feel about.
Speaker 4: It, Carly?
Speaker 5: I was kind of like weirded out. I was like what, And then he said he keeps them for emotional support, which makes.
Speaker 1: It less weird.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that you could do that.
Speaker 1: Was that a joke?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: He was like it was a joke.
Speaker 2: He was just kidding.
Speaker 1: Everyone. Everyone's trying not to judge.
Speaker 4: All blood A big sigh of relief.
Speaker 3: All right, okay, although just to be clear, there's nothing wrong with having emotional support ducks.
Speaker 4: If anybody out there.
Speaker 3: Ducks, yes, it is totally support.
Speaker 4: Okay, but that was a joke.
Speaker 1: But the rubber ducks were real.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, he has rubber ducks, all right, And.
Speaker 1: So why is this a big part of the date, like you mentioned it?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: He had some like super funny one liners like that one, and I laughed so hard that I snored in okay, and he kind of looked at me like really crazy and I did and I was like.
Speaker 1: But you can't control it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just like a what do you think you think it's too unattractive that it's a deal breaker.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Listen. He still walked me to my car and like kissing and everything. That's like the texting is just not the same, Like I'm just getting those like little texts here and there, and he's just kind of putting no effort to little effort into things.
Speaker 1: I am obviously biased, but I think storting is quite endearing.
Speaker 4: But I'm alto a weird last.
Speaker 3: So you're thinking that at the end of the night the kiss was a pity kiss. Oh no, even though like he didn't approve of your snort, he was like, okay, fine, I still just you know.
Speaker 5: I hope not.
Speaker 1: You know, people have weird things. So I have a guy friend who won't date women depending on their thumb size, and like he thinks thumbs are really weird. They like creep him out.
Speaker 3: For I think I know that that is very very personal information about something.
Speaker 4: Buddy on the radio like this dragon thum.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, we're not trying to body shame anybody.
Speaker 1: Like some people have weird it.
Speaker 4: I don't call it weird, it's.
Speaker 3: Maybe. Yes.
Speaker 1: Well, and if it's that, then he's not the guy for you.
Speaker 3: Is it possible that he's not calling you back because you've got dragon thumbs anything Brooks theory?
Speaker 1: Are you holding the phone with just your thumb look like it kind of looks like a big toe, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Long claw coming off. Let's just okay, enough about the dragon body parts.
Speaker 4: Let's call this ethan guy.
Speaker 3: We'll see if he picks up, and we will ask him all the questions to figure out why he's not going out with you one more time. Carly, we're going to get your second date update right after this second date update.
Speaker 4: You're the one.
Speaker 2: If you're.
Speaker 3: A minute story, yeah, if you're just joining us. I'm playing this song because our listener Carly went out with a guy named Thing who told her that he collects rubber ducks. He made the joke that he keeps them as emotional support pets. Again just a joke, but he does collect them, which begs the question, how bad do you feel when even the rubber duck guy won't call you back?
Speaker 1: Say it like that, she's a door up.
Speaker 3: Do you consider this your rock bottom, Carly?
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're on this show, I think most people would say that that's the case.
Speaker 5: I feel pretty low, but not as low as you think I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. There is more phone call to come so we can as you.
Speaker 1: Are supposed to hype our listeners up. Carly, you're amazing and you deserve a second date.
Speaker 3: We see how much she struggled to get that sentence. That was really inspired.
Speaker 1: I was going to bring up the snort, and maybe that's the reason he's not calling back.
Speaker 4: It is a good point.
Speaker 3: She did mention that she laughed so hard during the date that she snorted, and that could have been a turn off to Ethan.
Speaker 4: But we don't know.
Speaker 3: Which reminds me nobody too funny during this If she starts snorting and then Brooks starts snorting.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, so you guys are funny, but as funny as him.
Speaker 3: All right, well, that's really motivated me to try super hard for you. It's going to I can get one hundred percent effort into this. I'm dialing his number right now. Let's see if he picks up.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Thank you, guys. I really hope you can get another date for me.
Speaker 4: All right, let's see here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to talk with Ethan.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is Ethan.
Speaker 1: Hey, Ethan, there's a bunch of us here.
Speaker 2: Who's this. Hello.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a radio show called brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. We're like a team, very dysfunctional team, and we're doing Yeah, we are together, and we're here doing a segment called a second date Update.
Speaker 2: Okay, why are you calling me? What this is?
Speaker 1: Love when people ask that. Yeah, just such a natural transition.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's a segment where we help out listeners who've gone out on a date with somebody but the second date hasn't materialized yet.
Speaker 4: We try and.
Speaker 3: Figure out why if there's a reason. So we're doing that for one of our listeners that you went out with, named Carly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Carly, I know, Carly, what does this mean?
Speaker 3: She mentioned you were a funny guy. It's coming across dude.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, honestly, from your response, it sounds like maybe you were planning on calling Carly back and going out with her again.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I mean are you serious? Am I really on the air talking about this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, segment we have based around dating it you were just gonna say, yeah, trust us.
Speaker 3: I know this is a weird situation to be in. But Carly is seriously confused because she says she had a great time with you, but she's not seeing the same amount of effort from you as she was before the date.
Speaker 4: Kind of like an energy shift. We're not sure if anything's changed.
Speaker 2: Well, that's surprising because I'm not trying to blow her off. We have a great time. Okay, that is.
Speaker 1: So cute to hear. So you really liked her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought she was great. She has a great laugh and we had a great time out.
Speaker 1: She was actually worried about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it sounds like you do want to go out with her again.
Speaker 2: Well, we were texting about when we were going to try to get together again. I mean, I'm really just surprised right now that she saw it that way that I was blowing her off.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, how give me and Daty like God to like actually be positive and read everything in that way. As far, she.
Speaker 4: Doesn't know you well enough yet.
Speaker 3: She doesn't know if you're going to hit her up immediately or if a full day of not hearing from.
Speaker 4: You is going to be a horrible thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but everything that we're hearing right now sounds like you're into her.
Speaker 4: You want to see her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think so. Okay, Actually, uh, you know, maybe I shouldn't be saying this. Don't don't tell her this, it's maybe too early.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I kind of bought her perfume.
Speaker 4: You bought that's interesting.
Speaker 3: That's cute.
Speaker 1: Like a travel size or full size bottle.
Speaker 3: You have a price tag that you can attach to it like this needs to know you know that's interested?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What made you do that? Is it like a birthday coming up for her? Something?
Speaker 2: To be honest, my ex used to wear it and it kind of drove me crazy.
Speaker 3: Wild who God, you bought it because it's the same as your exes.
Speaker 5: For bro I'm on the phone, I'm on I heard that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's Carly that's on the other line listening to this. Uh, that's how this works. We usually call her in.
Speaker 1: That is so weird.
Speaker 5: He didn't know even the same as your ex? Are you for wheel?
Speaker 2: I didn't know you were on, Carley, I didn't know you were on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well I am. And that's disturbing, Like why, like, okay, seriously, Brooke Alexis, can you guys help me out on that?
Speaker 1: I mean, it could be worse. He could have bought it because it's what his mom's spells.
Speaker 3: Like that wouldeeter my mind.
Speaker 1: Did not even do that?
Speaker 3: Okay, I think it's a good question. Why why do you want Carly to be wearing that same perfume?
Speaker 4: Yeuld remind you of your ex?
Speaker 2: I'd like the sense I thought she would smell grate.
Speaker 1: It with it on her Okay, okay, okay, maybe maybe there could be a different set though for Carly. You know, like, yes, like my guy, my husband is a sent guy. He loves sense like you just maybe need to explore a different set trumps.
Speaker 4: Stop trying to change men with every sentence. Say that is disturbing.
Speaker 1: You do not want to remind it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm trying to read this and help you out here. Ethan, you're saying you didn't buy it because it reminds you of your ex. You buying it just because you like the scent itself.
Speaker 2: That's right, And this is not about my ex at all. She doesn't own the sense, she doesn't own the perfume. Anyone could buy it. I love the scent, and I thought Carley would smell great with an honor. That was a nice gesture, Carly.
Speaker 4: Are you hearing him?
Speaker 5: I'm trying. I'm really trying to be open about this. But like I also, I feel like when you smell a smell, you associate it with whoever was wearing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but maybe you're a more powerful woman and he'll start associating it with you instead of her. Did the sense on your body have different effects too?
Speaker 4: Literally? It could have been anybody.
Speaker 3: If his male man had been wearing the perfume, it would have driven him mad. I mean, and I say back to here that like the scent is the number one connection to memories.
Speaker 1: Like okay, but but listen, he was never going to tell her that it was the ex's scent.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I thought I was just talking to you, guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, so technically we set him up for this. Ye know what I mean, Carly, like you got to give him a little bit.
Speaker 5: Of I feel like you're not wrong. I agree with you, guys, I do think. And when you put a cent on it does change like different body chemistries so fair enough.
Speaker 2: So you wear it then? Because I really like it?
Speaker 4: Oh why don't I shouldn't have heard that question.
Speaker 3: Is that very very important to you if you're going to go out with her again?
Speaker 2: Like I said, guys, I really like it.
Speaker 5: You had me up until there. I don't know. Now I'm getting like creepy.
Speaker 1: Again. That's our fault. We're piling not Yes, okay.
Speaker 3: We are the weirdos in this conversation. He is totally normal. I would spray another before he sprays that.
Speaker 2: That's a great point. I could wear it so you could know it on me first.
Speaker 1: Wait, I don't think men with women is real hot.
Speaker 4: I'm starting to like this even more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm very curious, just as an experiment to see how the second interaction would go between Carly and Ethan both wearing the same scent.
Speaker 1: She's gonna wear a cologne now yet some Georgia harmany, but.
Speaker 5: Really were my ex boyfriend's cologne.
Speaker 2: I'll wear it sure, okay.
Speaker 1: All fair in love and sense.
Speaker 3: And the whole reason that we called you is to ask if you would see Carly one more time for a date and we would pay for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to ask a different set.
Speaker 2: I would love to see her again.
Speaker 4: You are okay?
Speaker 3: And Carly, are you still up for this even despite what you've heard?
Speaker 5: I guess so I'll give it all.
Speaker 4: I'm a little bit surprised.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we did a good job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm thrilled for.
Speaker 3: You here on this one, way better than if he had said she had dragon thumbs. So that's this was actually a big win for everyone.
Speaker 1: Can't come back from that, No, you can't.
Speaker 3: Jeffrey in the morning, man, I'm just really happy that she didn't overreact when she jumped in kind of loud. At first, I thought like, oh no, this is it.
Speaker 4: It's over. We're not going to come back.
Speaker 1: You don't say that part out loud, man, Like you buy the perfume and then you just leave it there like hell yeah. And I understand he didn't know that she was on the phone, but even to us, But let's just keep it to myself.
Speaker 3: It was, like you said, like it was kind of our felt because he confessed that he liked her and he felt comfortable enough with us to confide that the perfume thing was supposed to be a gift, and then the ex girlfriend also used to wear it.
Speaker 1: I will say I bet he would have told her just because in the sixty seconds you.
Speaker 3: Talk to him, he let it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Not like to think that.
Speaker 3: It's more about like how comfortable people are around us, that they were open up, not that he just has you know, a blabbermouth.
Speaker 4: And also he didn't.
Speaker 1: Think it was a problem. He's like, oh yeah, I'm just gonna get her the same semi.
Speaker 4: Extra refen always work. As I love it, then I'll call her.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest. The only reason any guy ever knows the smell of a perfume is because of some woman dated.
Speaker 4: Smell like Michelle.
Speaker 3: So then let's give credit to Carle who was able to hear him out and separate the X from the smell and agree to a very, very pungent second date. I'm worried about.
Speaker 1: How pungent it's gonna be. Are they both gonna show We're gonna Yeah, they're.
Speaker 3: Gonna be gas masks when they meet up. But text into seven eighty five, nine to two and email the show. If you ever feel like you need a little bit of help in your dating life, we can call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcast at Broken Jeffery Brook
Speaker 2: And Jeffrey in the Morning