Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 2: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security. So let's talk about this well.
Speaker 3: First and foremost, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it. Thank you.
Speaker 3: So you were working at I think when we first met you were working at in Video, right, Yeah, what were you doing at in Video.
Speaker 4: So my title was a Senior Principal scientist primarily, So for joining in Video, I was the chief Analytics Officer for the City of New York. So I really did a lot of my data and AI work in the urban space within city and environments, and so I got to reach out from Jensen and said, hey, look, we want to bring your skill sets into in Video. So a lot of my focus at in Video was on how we use AI and super compute in cities to solve a lot of the complex, intractable challenges in cities in video. Now, if you want to think about from a product perspective, there's two products at in Video that primarily functioned with and so you have the video Supercompute, which they referred to as superpods as the base infrastructure. But then there was two products was Rapids, which was like an advanced data science platform and AI platform, and in the other is more well known, which is Omniverse, which is their digital twin technology where they do physics based simulations and three D viewing of anything in the world. So I primarily functioned in that space, work with cities globally, work with urban environments, globally to implement AI and supercompute.
Speaker 5: All right, so I met.
Speaker 6: I know you started at Motorola and then you were at Video, but you're not there anymore. And one of the conversations we had was about the correlations between college athletics in the world of tech and the sense of when you're really good at something, people are always trying to find you as the next talent. Can you explain that to the audience of how the tech world has a correlation to college sports.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there's two You know, that's such a great question. I think there's two ways you want to look at that. First one is in policon Valley, and I spent time not only within Video but at a startup engaging in and around Silicon Valley and Silicon Valley, they don't if you're at a company, if you're a tech genius, giant, even halfway decent at Silicon Valley, if you stay at a company more than two years, you basically are seen as somebody who's garbage like pass it because they're constantly looking for the best of the best, and they will do anything to pull you from one company to another. You've seen it in biopicks, whether it's the wee Work biopick or Uber's biopick. Success of a company is taking the best talent from other companies and bringing it to your companies. And oftentimes it causes drama because you know, they got to do backhanded deals and so on and so forth. But they're always looking for the top company, so you're always looking to be the best and the other way I put it in so I spent a couple of years. I was faculty at Johns Hopkins research scientists at Johns Hopkins for a while, and I spent two years teaching it in Hong Kong and Hong Kong University Science and Technology. And I used to when I was faculty there, I used to go around and go to a lot of the tech companies and one of the CEOs of a tech company was like, yo, you know, we recruit some of the top scientists from around the world to come and work for our company. But what we do is I said, well, how difficult is that. He said, well, it's not that difficult because they're all seventh and eighth graders. What they do is they actually begin scouting you the same way you think about AAU it is the same way they think about scientists. They start at seventh and eighth grade and they start grooming you to come to China. And what they do is they put you into their universities and then the pipeline is right into their companies. And his thing is like, look, bring the best of the best over, and we start looking at him, and we go to science fairs at seventh, seventh and eighth grade and we bring them over. If they don't come to our company, they still are what's referred to as friendly alumni to the universities in China. And so he's like, it's a win win for China in general in terms of bringing the intellectual capital over. But they treat it. They treat science and scientists the same way we treat sports players. And I got one more anecdote. So when I was at Hong Kong. So I was at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, one of the most beautiful college campuses in the world, and they have this dope soccer field. It almost looks like it's sliding off into the water.
Speaker 5: And we used to go and play soccer all.
Speaker 4: The time, basketball, football or whatever, but mostly mostly football. Soccer and there was one dude that was nice, like I've rarely seen football players like that. He was nice, nice, and he was in my class, and I went up and spost like, Yo, do you play for the national soccer team? He was like football team? He was like nah, because in my family and in my culture, it's actually more honorable to be a computer scientist.
Speaker 5: Than the play sports.
Speaker 4: So he was like, I'm actually winning more that I'm a computer science major at college than I would if I played sports.
Speaker 6: Ernests, What's up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like, the checkout is fast, the re seats are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments. It's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot Com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 2: Will be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security in the national National Team, So there's a lot of similarities.
Speaker 7: There for those who are aspiring to go on your path and video has been one of my favorite stocks for the last few years, but it's really taken off this past year. For those of us that are black and Brown that want to make it into these tech power players.
Speaker 2: What would be your process.
Speaker 7: If you have to start over now for how to break into an inn Video and Apple, Microsoft Bezos Foundation. What tips can you give us to help break into those landscapes that we are not often seen in.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I don't know if my tips would be helpful, but I can share some of what I think.
Speaker 5: But that's such great question for me.
Speaker 4: My focus was always on the math of it all, the science of it all, oftentimes what I've seen, and I went to Old HBCUs. I went to Lincoln University undergrad, Morgan Howard University for my master's, and Morgan State for my doctorate. And I stayed at Old HBCUs. But what I saw was a lot of my friends and colleagues. They would come in and within the first couple of classes shift out of the computer science realm into like business information systems or project management, those sort of non math intensive computational mathematics intensive programs companies like Motorola. When I was at Motorola, I was at Motorola Lab, so I was a research scientist there. My primary research over there was when Bluetooth was being invented, I was a part of that team. I had free patents there. It wasn't just me, it was a group of us, and we all got our names on those patent disclosures.
Speaker 5: But the reason why I was able to go to Motorola.
Speaker 4: Labs, which is the research drama of Motorola and work on the projects that I did was because I had a math background and so staying strong in the math background and I never went literally at the besos are fun is the least technical that I've ever been in my career. But the reason why when so I had an hour long interviews, As Troy you mentioned, part of my interview process was an hour long one on one interview with Jensen, and one of the things I requested in an interview was I didn't want to be a VP. I didn't want to have the title VP. I wanted to have a technical title because I wanted to remain very technical and so senior Principal Scientists and in video is the technical equivalent to a VP, and video, I was like, I want to all equity better that will be because but not not the title. But I was deliberate in staying in the math and lane, and in the math space. To this day, I still program I do a lot of programming with my son and some personal projects, but to this day I still focused on computation works.
Speaker 3: So all right, so let's get into this. So for where are we headed with artificial intelligence? Where where is this this headed? We talked about, you know, a variety of different things in the past, but I want to hear from your perspective to somebody that's doing it and has done it for a while, where are we at right now as far as like, is this the infancy stages? And where where do you expect it to be in ten years from now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 4: I think that's such an important question today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just this morning.
Speaker 4: The White House just released its executive Order on AI and some time I had I saw it prior to but I spent some time digging through it this past weekend, and you know, it's it's gonna challenge innovation as most most regulation tends to do. So I think six months ago to a year ago, the trajectory may be different if a lot of these regulations that just came out through this executive Order take hold.
Speaker 5: But that aside, let's let's let's assume, which is the.
Speaker 4: Case that federal regulations take a long time to even.
Speaker 5: Uh uh have any impact or that. But let's answer your question straight away.
Speaker 4: I think if you look at the different domains that are using AI, what you're gonna wind up seeing our few domains where it's most impactful, and then you'll begin to see some domains it's least impactful. And so domains like health is where you're going to see AI really take off. Regulations and everything aside. But because those regulations from the health space have been built in, you'll see it take off there. You'll see AI takeoff in the defense space, aerospace, You'll see you'll see a lot of AI in the personal engagement space that is sort of building out this concept and you guys have talked about it on your shows, like this concept of sort of your own personal chief of staff, your own personal senior advisor, your own personal scheduler. You're going to see a lot of AI in that space.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are sum of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens.
Speaker 2: Have been arrested.
Speaker 1: If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.