Speaker 1: The volume. The eighty two game preseason is in the books and is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly.
Speaker 2: That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 2: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 3: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance CEE dknng dot co slash b ball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and Responsible Gaming Resources.
Speaker 1: That was a street skateboarder, Nija Houston, sharing his story the disappointment that he suffered in Paris in position to win the gold medal Oho and then his last run did not work out the way he had hope or way he envisioned. So he was sharing his story about the disappointment and about the heartbreak and how he was struggling mentally with it. But he said, you know what, I got a great support system. I'm gonna be okay. I got a great life and this one setback does not define me. It doesn't make me, it doesn't make me less, doesn't make me more. But I will get over there. So we appreciate him sharing his story on Nightcap with all our subscribers and listeners. So thank you guys. Hopefully you got something out of that and you really appreciated that interview.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: You said that you skateboard and that you wanted to you wanted to show the people at home kind of like what you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeh yeah, yeah, yeah, you remember that.
Speaker 1: Oh you remember that, but that looks that looked very cartoonish.
Speaker 2: Yoo oo. I'm surprised you ain't break your back.
Speaker 4: It hurt a little bit, hurt a little bit, but that's the only way that that's the only way to get better. I'm surprised you remember that. You see, I can skate for real, but I can't do no damn tricks. But I can I can ride, I can ride the board. It looked like I know what I'm doing, but when I try to execute something, that's what the execution looked like.
Speaker 1: Man, my back hurt. I don't know if I'm being able to get on this plane a little bit watching that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah hurt. Yeah. Man, it's all good. Listen.
Speaker 4: I can skateboard it just when it come to doing tricks, I fall over and over and over until I get it right. And I was like, that might have been my third time, third or four time falling like that, but I kept trying.
Speaker 1: Well, give yourself credit. I mean, I ain't falling like that because I already know I can't do it.
Speaker 2: You can't get back up. You ain't gonna get back.
Speaker 1: Up after you get a certain agejo Jo olicks hurt. I mean, man, I fall out. I shattered like ice. You know, if you drive, you drop ice from the kitchen play you see that sh the isshu go everywhere.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what's gonna happen to me. I ain't taking the falls like that, or you're good.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. I shout it like, oh y'all, y'all. We got to get to this. These comments by no allows. This is what he said last year. He said, you know the thing that hurts me the moment is that I have to watch the NBA final and they have world champions, excuse me, world champion on their head, world champion.
Speaker 2: Of what the United States. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: I love the US at all times, but that ain't the world we uh well more. Few got added to the fire the day when Time magazine revealed that while he was negotiating a contract with Adidas last year, the company offered him an invite to a shoe release for Anthony Edwards. Low seems to take offense to the offer, considering he was the world champion ant man, wasn't you.
Speaker 2: Want me to do what? You want?
Speaker 1: To invite me to an event for a man who's not even been to the NBA finals in a sport that you don't even care about, and you're giving him a shoe. No disrespect to the man of an amazing athlete. He's having a heck of a heck of a year. I love that you saw insight to give him a shoe because they saw he was doing He's going to be big.
Speaker 2: All I'm asking is, how could you not see that in me?
Speaker 4: Oh man, Listen, there's certain battles that you shouldn't fight. Sometimes you got to picky battles wisely. I'm just thinking for me, you picky battles wisely. As someone who is great at their sport. Stuff like this can contin turn turn brands away, It could turn down market, It could turn marketing opportunities away from you.
Speaker 2: Even though you are a gold medal winner.
Speaker 4: As a partner with the data and in good faith supporting your fellow NBA player, that just one goal, now, you know that is unfortunate. I think the hard part is as a track runner, the market and demand for a track runner shoot, it wouldn't be as significant as a NBA basketball player who was seen globally.
Speaker 2: You think, let me ask you a question not yoe. I mean yeah, in the course in the course of five.
Speaker 1: Months, how many times are people gonna look at no allows feet? Yeah, in the course of an NBA season, how many people gonna look at at man feet.
Speaker 4: To every well, every where, every two three days? Yeah, in the and then guess what that man can do? A man can say, hey, bro as a solid TU mean you and us athlete? Hey, can you wear my shoes? What other track athletes gonna wear no allowed shoes? Because you see Lebron has players, other players in the NBA wearing Lebron. You see kd as other players wear the KDB call me.
Speaker 1: So I'm just trying to figure out, do you know, let's let's just say, for the sake of art, get a little research here, old chown.
Speaker 2: Normally, when they when Nike Adidas under Armor.
Speaker 1: When they give somebody a signature shoe, they say that that base is between five and fifteen million dollars.
Speaker 2: Now when they give you.
Speaker 1: A shoe, she's gonna want five percent of each shoe. So in order for them to make that kind of commitment to you, do you know how many shoes gonna have to say.
Speaker 2: Applying the man comes into play supplying the man.
Speaker 1: They don't just look at oh he there's a reason why big guys don't normally get shoe deal because ain't nobody.
Speaker 4: Buying any shoes? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't. I don't think he understands that that side of it.
Speaker 1: He's just looking at it like I'm the world champion, I'm the fastest man in the world.
Speaker 2: Give me a shoe. Yeah, it doesn't work like that.
Speaker 1: We could go back. We could find two guys that had shoes. Michael Johnson had a shoe, Usain Boat had a shoot. They don't still make those shoes. He why is that Kobe Kobe hadn't played basketball, and how long Kobe's been deceased for four years?
Speaker 2: They still make Kobe's. Yeah, they still make Jordan's.
Speaker 1: They're still gonna make Lebron when Lebron retire, They're still gonna make retire.
Speaker 2: There's a reason why. Noah, I don't know what you're missing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, No, it's greated what he does. He's he has grated marketing himself. He is great at getting brand deals. He will continue to get them as is because he has a personality.
Speaker 2: He has that.
Speaker 4: But I don't believe it that that or or that he has that in factor it takes.
Speaker 2: To be represented by brand deals.
Speaker 4: But as far as the shoe, like, that's different because it's it's seemed differently. You know, there's not enough exposure in the track in the track space to have a shoe deal.
Speaker 1: But let me ask you what hey do, like Shock partner with Walmart, make shoe for twenty thirty dollars and sell a boat.
Speaker 2: Lot of them do, like Stefan.
Speaker 1: Maulberry do like lebar ball one if you so hell been on make it a sneaker.
Speaker 2: Go that route.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nice, A nice training would be dope, a nice a nice waffle shoe, a nice waffle shoe, a nice, nice spike.
Speaker 2: But it's just they don't do it.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, there's a I mean, think about it. Only football player, I mean, Dion is really the only football player that had a shoe. He had a cross train. Yeah, Bo Jackson, Yeah that's it.
Speaker 2: That's only those. It's only those two hunhs. What hed you wearing? What your heir?
Speaker 1: You are? You were in clea to the mall? You going to a wedding, get a pair of cleats. I'm gonna say that basketball shoes. Basketball shoe is just not for basketball.
Speaker 2: It's a staff, yeah, and you can wear it anyway. It's caulture clease Saint no damn calt The tracks, Fike Saint.
Speaker 4: No, call them god damn bo Jackson's Cross trains. Remember the all white ones with the orange with the orange lining.
Speaker 2: A little bit, Yes, about the boat the bulls that we had.
Speaker 1: We had the blue and gold ones and everybody know what I'm talking about in the in the late eighties, them boat.
Speaker 2: The first boat. I know, y'all know what I'm talking about. The classic boy. Uh, Mike, Mike Vick.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right, that's right, the Mike vic experience when he was at Atlanta, when it was Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm thinking them thinking were nice too and things.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, I just don't know if the Randy Randy most don't have a shoe that he is with Jordan, though he's with Jordan, I just.
Speaker 1: Don't know, Joe of a track athlete, they're not visible enough. I mean the big meets. You get two, you get two World Championships, and you get two Olympics, and that's kind of the only time that people are really talking tracking feet, right, where basketball.
Speaker 2: You know it's and you know it's.
Speaker 1: What they come out October, so, October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May, and the NBA Finals in the June. So nine months and as you said, a couple of times a week, we're gonna see what's on that.
Speaker 4: Man's foot feet. And then you got some man got some dough fast colorways boy. And the thing is he gonna do something crazy. He gonna dunk on somebody. Now I want to go you run the world record time. I don't still want to go out and buy no tracks.
Speaker 1: Fight And so you have to look at it from a business I want to say, you know what, I'm tired of getting fired, man. I want to creep something on my own Okay. I had to come out all damn pocket.
Speaker 2: Right. If you serious somebody, you gonna have to come out your own pocket.
Speaker 1: You have to pay producer, You gonna have to pay you know, editors and graphics and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh jack.
Speaker 1: And when you go on location and shoot somebody got a payer black?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah you want to shoot mister shaw?
Speaker 1: Oh we love plus hold out cost you ten thousand. Yeah, And then you got to put people up what it's standing there.
Speaker 4: On Joe somewell, now go they're gonna get there, got to fly them.
Speaker 1: People just think like, oh I'm popular, Just give me a shoe. People look Adidas and Nikes and companies. They're not nonprofits.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: They had this thing, who was it Chanelle or d or They makes a purse for fifty seven dollars and a center for twenty five hundred. Okay, don't buy the purse, or you gonna make a purse that you like and there you go.
Speaker 2: Now that markup gonna be the whope.
Speaker 1: That's the whole thing. You're supposed to make something like it doesn't cost me a lot. But then you say everything is a mark up. Oh I was reading this saying a restaurants mark up anything between one hundred and two hundred and fifty percent.
Speaker 2: He just you just told me about that, remember not too long ago. Yeah you Kyrie. Yeah, they they got it. They got they got to make a.
Speaker 1: Profit, yes, but they got but oh Joe, they got the big they're not. Anytime somebody give you a boatload of money, they feel they can pay make more money than what they're paying you. So if you if they're paying If they're paying Joe Burrow fifty five million, howbout you think the Bengals are.
Speaker 4: Making and the jersey sales and ticket sales by time man crazy.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's just it's just hard.
Speaker 1: It's hard for a football player to sell shoes because they associate cleats with football players. They associate tracks, fights with track apptes basketball.
Speaker 2: Oh, now it's cool to wear a suit or a top feaker what you call you?
Speaker 4: Ever heard of a sneaker ball? You know how to be having sneaker balls?
Speaker 2: Sneakers? Yeah, yes, So it's just I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just still but somebody, somebody got to talk to him and and explain the the business.
Speaker 2: Side of it. I can see where he's coming from.
Speaker 4: But if somebody sat down and explained to him the business side of it and how uh and it might make sense to him. But it doesn't make sense to Adidas, or would make sense to Nike, regardless of how popular or or or how on fire and hot you are right now, I'm a.
Speaker 2: Business standpoint to them. It just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got I mean like Griffy, but Griffy had a cross trainer.
Speaker 4: Adam Griffiths was nice boy, I got him. Adam Griffiths was nice, the black, the black with the with the till the Marriner his colors then he had, but he had the all white with the nice.
Speaker 2: But Nike is not just handing out shoe.
Speaker 1: Right when when Nike give you a signature deal, they understand the risks that they're taking. That's why they're very particular. You know lifetime deals. Only Lebron James, Michael Jordan and Kevin Durant has a lifetime. But we can deal with Nike. Kyrie had a very popular shoe. They lost their minds. He said something. Yeah, he tweets supposed to something, and it's like nah. He's like, well, hell I go somewhere else. They're gonna make me creative director. I design my own shoe. Got a nice shoe. I just don't think. I don't think now Noah understands. I think he's just looking at it like I'm popular, give me a shoe, and it just doesn't work like that because think about the indeed, the research and development that's gonna go into it. I mean, they paid you five to ten fifteen million. What does it cost to bring a shoe the market?
Speaker 4: I know, listen, it might happen because he's making this kind of a nooyse though you never know it might happen because kind of.
Speaker 1: It gotta make sense. It's got him making gonna make dollars. Yeah, hey, because if it doesn't make dollars, it doesn't make fair.
Speaker 2: The bottom line will always be the same no matter what they gave. They gave.
Speaker 1: Uh, I mean you know, like every you know, like p rod skate dunks.
Speaker 2: I mean everybody you know.
Speaker 1: They've had, you know, uh, Jeff Staples with the pigeon dunks, you know some something everybody, everybody can't sell. Travis Scott's done amazing. Boy, Kanye is done amazing. Yeah, I mean Kanye's with Nike blah blah blah. He's like, y'all don't want to do this. Oh he goes to a DS. He does yeasy box office. But there have been a lot of guys that they've given try to put that day and it doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Now, so I mean, uh, uh Asia has a shoe now.
Speaker 1: I think uh uh Angel Reeves has rebox on Hershey, her shoe looks nice. I think they're coming out with a shoe for Caitlin Clark right, it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't think it's done yet. I think they're coming out with a shoe.
Speaker 4: There's somebody else with Nike that has a shoe that's really dope. I think it's for women though it's for women and it's joy I think it's Jordan Brandon if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: I can't think of who it is.
Speaker 1: Uh Anges and man Noah has one point five million i G followers and has four four plus million Anger rees four million, and Nija has its own skateboard shoe and has almost six.
Speaker 2: Million i G followers. Exposure matters, it does.
Speaker 1: It does matter because you gotta have you have to have a presence, and they're on television. I mean, I'm only gonna see no at the Olympics, in the World Championships, us AS.
Speaker 2: So really three four big meets a year when you think about.
Speaker 4: It, it's just tough. And I guess, man, there is a there is a track market for him though.
Speaker 2: There is a.
Speaker 4: Demand, you know, if it was but the demand that would make sense for the bigionnaire business or the being their entity that is the Didas.
Speaker 2: Thatn't make sense to them. No, don't makes sense to them.
Speaker 1: That's what it has to make sense, right, Yeah, yeah, because they're the one that's flipping up the money. Right man, you don't see my vision. You don't see what they say. Okay, if somebody doesn't see your vision, somebody doesn't see.
Speaker 2: Your cred on your own with's your own money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I understand me. It's frustrating. But you talk about Carl Lewis was one of the most one of the most popular sprinters in the history, definitely in America. Michael Johnson, Michael Johnson had a shoe. Uh you saying had a shoe. There were a few people that have had shoes. But I tell you who could get a shoe sitting in Miglocta.
Speaker 2: She has it all. She has it all, yeah, I mean sometimes that's what she has what it takes to sell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she's a safe, she's a safe you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, she's safe.
Speaker 4: You don't have to worry about nothing. You don't have to worry about it saying nothing the crazy and safe. And she's marketable. She's marketable. And she didn't even open the damn mouth. She don't even talk much. She's marketable, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: But you know when it comes when it comes to women, they have to have a certain look.
Speaker 2: She got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she got to be able to produce. She's a prodigy. She was fifteen, sixteen years old. We knew about it when she was running down girls in high school. She goes to college for a.
Speaker 4: Year, goes pro she had she she is a complete package, clean cut.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about nothing.
Speaker 1: If you want to draw up, say I want a woman athlete, I want a female athlete, sende mclackler. Yeah, it is what it is, though, Joe. I mean I wish, I wish it was something I could tell him different, but it's not.
Speaker 4: Somebody in chat say I should get I should get a shoe deal, a shoe deal talking about a shoe called the cap, the cap and dunks because I'm always lying there, Hey, that was funny.
Speaker 2: That was funny. Listen, anything I say is not lies.
Speaker 4: These are all life experiences and things that I know I'm capable of, capable of doing.
Speaker 2: And you'll see that was funny. All right.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we had a conversation about comments Dion Maje wore the CBS reporter. Unfortunately, we had technical difficulties and we weren't able to play the sound and that created computer. Let's take a listen to the sound and then we'll talk about it afterwards.
Speaker 2: Next yeay.
Speaker 3: Eric Kristen sent with CBS Sports Colorado Tyler.
Speaker 5: I'm not doing nothing with CBS. Next question. It is above that you got none to do with you. I got love for you, I appreciate, respect you, and got none to.
Speaker 2: Do with you.
Speaker 5: They know what they did.
Speaker 2: I'm here in Denver, not national.
Speaker 5: You are who you are, CBS, CBS, all right with you. I respect you, just why I told you that I'm looking at you and now as a man, I respect you. I got love for you.
Speaker 2: But what they did was foul. Well what what? What? What happened that?
Speaker 1: Back in July, CBS sports dot Com ranked Prime as one of the worst Power Conferences coaches in the country. Prime was ranked second worst in the conference, but behind Kenny Dillingham at Arizona State, and he was ranked sixty first out of coaches at the FBS left HU. This is new to time. Time is never time. Since he been playing sports, have always been the best, always been told he was the best.
Speaker 2: For the first time, He's not the best. I mean the guy that. I mean, the guy that was asking the question didn't say that.
Speaker 1: He just happens to work, So I guess he has a blanket for CBS.
Speaker 2: And now what we have a question.
Speaker 4: Are we sure the reason that he didn't want to talk to the affiliate that was a part of CBS. Are we sure the reason why is based on the rankings that were put out in July?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, okay, yeah, I don't. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know about that. Hey, well we got it. We got a new year coming up. Now, we got we got we got a new year coming up.
Speaker 2: So it's only his only one. There's only one way to change that. We can't get mad. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If somebody say, of all athletes that do sports podcasts, night Cap might be the fiftieth best, what well, they're not wanting They're not top ten, they might be No.
Speaker 2: Fifty.
Speaker 4: Not shure, we we top three. I don't care what nobody say. They got me fucked up.
Speaker 1: But the thing is is that that's somebody's opinion.
Speaker 2: I can what you what people think that we can't do it? Think about that. We just keep doing we do time, just have to keep coaching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he can't And he I mean, he tell the guys block out the noise, drown out the noise, time, go put together a nine to three or ten and two season.
Speaker 2: That that what they've been saying.
Speaker 1: He time is bit time has always been in the life, so he knows people have always tried to take the solo.
Speaker 2: Shots at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they called himselfish when he tried to help the Braves win a title, and he was also playing for the Falcons, so they've always tried to put label him as such as being selfish. He's supremely confident and rightfully so. I mean to play to play professional football, excuse me, and to be the best at something and play baseball. Hey, you you hear a lot of people saying that, oh, I can play basketball. Players say they can play football. You ain't heard them say they're gonna hit damn hundred minds our fans all no, sir, and talk at the time as a guy that played both the highest you can play is MLB and NFA, right, he said it didn't even close. He said they are also article two days ago that probably added the prime frustration. The handline of the article Shiloh Santas file bankruptcy Colorado DB's debt stem from allegedly assaulting a security guard in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 4: That's a chess move, you know what that is. I ain't gotta explain it to you.
Speaker 2: You know what to do. That's a chess move, you know that. I ain't gotta explain that one to fifty fifty fifty did the same thing years ago.
Speaker 1: Remember, no, But but I'm saying time probably probably is that they keeping and bringing it up, they pushing it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah all right, man, they so green. You know how the media is. I mean, prime should be used to it, you know how, you know how they do. They gonna they gonna keep, they gonna keep playing with you. But it's one thing that cures all that. Though W's in the win column, all that goes right away them. W's in the win column. And he addressed the issues. He addressed the issues this off season too. That's how I know Thisten the team is gonna be different this hit anyway, once you get them meat and potatoes on that interior offensively and defensively. Okay, now we can play ball. Now we can play ball. That's that's what the that's what the that's where the wink Leiku was at. It wasn't on the outside. It wasn't the quarterback position. It definitely wasn't a skill position. The difference from Power five schools and everybody else is not the skill position.
Speaker 1: It's the meeting put their hand in the dirt on both sides for your five offensive lineman and the one that put.
Speaker 2: Their hand in the dirt on the defensive side.
Speaker 4: Boy, listen, you talk about some hogs, but once you get them in that but we can play ball now, it evens the playing field.
Speaker 2: Them things gonna be different over there. He's gonna be all right. Put a few of them w's in there. Man, hit that hit that.
Speaker 4: James and Winston on their assa.
Speaker 2: If you do, you, Dove, you're gonna be straight.
Speaker 1: I called him what they call him. I ain't said his name wrong. Y'all call him Prime. I call him Time. He's in my phone.
Speaker 2: It's Time. I've always called him. Yeah, you never say Prime. I don't ever call him Prime.
Speaker 1: I look, there's certain like like certain people that you have relationships with and that you call him like.
Speaker 2: I call him Time. Ray. I don't call Ray by his name. I call him Sugar. Hey, I call I called Ray sugar too. Hey, everybody call him that.
Speaker 4: Hey you you got a chance to meet Lorenzo O'Neill before, Yeah, hey boy, him and Ray at the pro bo you took about funny Oh my god boy.
Speaker 1: But yeah, most people, most most people, like most athletes, like you got a nickname. That's what we refer to you as, right, right it is? I mean, it's I don't know what y'all I mean. Oh you said it's not.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I think everybody's in the chat. I think I got a better relationship they do.
Speaker 2: They know how long we all known each other. I'm just curious. I guess not.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Yeah, so uh, everybody, I get, I get. Nobody called Ray Lewis sugar until I got to Baltimore in two thousand and now, damn it, everybody, that's what they refer to him. Man, Okay, fine, I ain't calling no grown man sugar. That's fine. I ain't calling no grown man big Getton. That's fine too. Y'all don't have to. But y'all, come, y'all, ain't going to the record store and say, hey, give me that kN C D y'all said, big Daddy came You see how y'all piggure choose?
Speaker 2: You know, no aboudy what you know about big daddy came?
Speaker 4: Man, you don't know nobody, no big Daddy my cameo.
Speaker 1: That they call and they call what they call it the Bubba Chuck. Bubba Chuck that's what they called it. Nickname what they call it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh yeah, look I don't.
Speaker 1: I ain't got no problem. What whatever you want to be called? You want to be a you want to be a got homeboy a? And and what's you call him? For the longest time, his name was creature, That's what they called him. Had a homeboy named frog leg that's what we.
Speaker 4: Call had a homeboy the crier named fish to fish. But we got some crazy names.
Speaker 1: Bro, I got a homeboy living right now. And I went to school with the dude. Name was Honey everybody call Nobody ever called him. His real name was Irving. Ain't nobody called him the coaches, the teachers even called him honey, Honey, what honey? Tigny that was his name. His real name was ran right, Yeah, No, I got his brother, Okay, frog legs. Frog Legs is the older brother. He honey, is the baby boy. He got another brother that's that that's a year older than my brother. They called him Kickfire. He said, Man, why they call you? I said, man, why people call you kick He said, I kicked five from an end? So everybody, man, y'all seen Kickfi. Man, I saw him up there at the store, the corner store of a little while ago. If you're from the South, and anybody that's from the South, y'all know exactly what I'm talking about. Got a homeboy. He got another brother named Piggy Pat Pat, Piggy.
Speaker 2: Pat, Kickfire, Honey, frog.
Speaker 1: Leg, Piggy Pat, that's the poor boy, that's the nick Nobody called him. Hell, I couldn't even tell you frog Leg real name. I can't tell you pig your pact real name. As a matter of fact, I can't even tell you Creature real name. Half the people you called him that for so long long, But I don't know the damn real name is. Man, you don't call him after your whole life. But hey, y'all got to, but it is what it is. Check this out over, y'all. Jared Jones has clarified his recent comments regarding CD Lamban's lack of emergency to come to terms on a contract extension with the star receiver. Jared said, I think I got in trouble the other day when I said, look, we're not urgent about CD. Oh you think you think you got in trouble, because if you didn't think you got in trouble, you wouldn't be adressing it right now. But anyway, well, no one appreciates CD being on the field more than I do. But let me say this, he wouldn't be taking a snap out here today if he had been here.
Speaker 2: Stop it. You know what the fuck so you mean to tell me?
Speaker 1: If CD Lamb had showed up, you were gonna say, CD, don't you take no snap until we get your contract done.
Speaker 4: You see, I think I think he meant as far as playing right, he wouldn't be playing in the preseason.
Speaker 2: No pract oh practicing. Oh oh okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Are you saying he gonna be holding me in? I mean Jamar Jamar showed up. You see, he ain't pre practice yet though.
Speaker 2: You holding me in?
Speaker 4: But Jerry, Jerry, every time, every time the mouth putting them in front of the cameras, it's unnecessary.
Speaker 2: You know what you're saying, You're well aware of what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Would why would you even utter that, knowing you have a player that would like his money, which is well deserved based on the numbers and the production that he's put in for your team, Why even say that as an owner? It's not urgent and you know he fighting for his money. Who do you think is going through CD the head? Well, damn, that's how we feel, Okay, bet I told y'all, I told you no, I won't be surprised to see the asked for a trade so that, oh.
Speaker 1: Dak won't be there this afternoon. It's reported that Dak tweak his ankle. That's why he was not there. And so the bottom line is no, there's no urgency. Now understand the completely the ans that's happening. And when you're anxious about it, someone says something you're missed out or not. Well, CD, you're missed okay, but you're not missed out here competing and that doesn't put any pressure in any place enough, No, CD, don't worry about you could let them gain Guess what in ninety three there was no urgency to get no deal done.
Speaker 2: And guess what happened? They started owing to I bet they pay the image. Meth didn't like that. You sure did.
Speaker 4: Oh so this is an ongoing thing, yes, oh man? Okay, okay, so that's just that's just how he operates. Okay, I understand with certain ones, but why you do it with the good ones?
Speaker 2: That don't make no sense?
Speaker 4: He did it with the team, he did it with dead, he did it with Zeke. So what's he trying to prove? What statement is he trying to mean?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What's the end goal? What's the end goal? What do you what are you trying to say? I don't want to win no more Super Bowls? I think that's what he's trying to say. Hout your Night's time for our last segment of the day. It's Q and eight. What the role would you? Boy? It's the way you said it, That's what he said. He tried to Jacoba what I'm saying? What up? Fucking o? Joe?
Speaker 1: Do you think men winning goal will lead to more confidence and better casons for each player?
Speaker 2: Olympic nightcap for the Dove, what do you think? Was a question?
Speaker 1: She says, Do you think man winning goal would lead to more confidence and a better season for each player.
Speaker 2: Olympic nightcap for the Dove for the Dove. Yeah, I think so. I think so.
Speaker 4: The motivation will still be that regardless of winning goal or not, because when you're playing on the highest level, obviously represent your country, and you're playing at your regular job, your day job, you're playing for not only for the team you play for, but you're also playing for the name on the back of your jersey. So I think the motivation will already be there, and you're in client to always plays as well as you possibly can, you know so, And I don't think it would change much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think the thing is for those guys they ever got over there, they're trying to get better.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, guys want to be the phrase of the NBA.
Speaker 1: Guys got three hundred and two hundred million dollar content to live up to that. You got to live up to that. Yeah, you got five and ten and you're trying to get better. There's something guys want to listene. I want to see how good I can actually be. I want to contend for championships. I want to be thought of as the best player in the NBA. I'm talking about their few I mean, a man that's already told you, a man going.
Speaker 2: Into everybody you don't care who he is.
Speaker 1: Jason Tatum wants to show Jason tATu's come back, Like, Bro, that guy that y'all saw sitting on the bench and not getting playing time and playing twenty three minutes, that is why I am.
Speaker 2: Y'all know me. I'm JT.
Speaker 1: Three time First Team All NBA. That's me, NBA Champ, Larry Bird Award winner, that's me. I'm that JT, not that guy that y'all saw sitting on the bench.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that ain't me.
Speaker 1: So absolutely, the guys are gonna be gonna be motivated. Lebron wants to show Look, Lebron is going into year twenty two. Lebron wants to show guys, I'm still at the top. I'm still at the top of the food chain. I'm still there. Kde wants to say, Hey, y'all know me. I'm Kevin Durant. Y'all know who I am.
Speaker 2: Eighty Joel mbid book m hmm.
Speaker 1: Because they look at the guys that won gold medals and then when they came back, it's still had a hunger.
Speaker 2: They still.
Speaker 1: Because you got when they won the gold medal. Look at Jordan, came back COVID and look with COVID. Covid came back, tried.
Speaker 2: To get it. Yeah, Lebron getty, I mean yeah. The funny thing.
Speaker 4: The pressure is already on them, regardless of Olympics, Your press is already on them.
Speaker 1: Still yes, still was like, y'all forgot y'all. Did y'all forget that you're the greatest shooting? Okay, y'all forgot y'all talk about them first four game? Y'all forgot y'all forgot about o Steff Okay, let me cook something up for y'all. He would definitely cook out something. Uh, Bonnie Kirdy, I think that's what you say a name. Much love from Maryland, Love you both, and night Captain Munich. It has been great Olympic run. Thank you. Hopefully everybody enjoyed our coverage of the Olympics. Next time, hopefully even in the World Championships in twenty five in Tokyo, we'll do a better job.
Speaker 2: I think. I think athletes.
Speaker 1: Seeing how we did this, I think there'll be more apt to want to come on and talk and talk about their sport because they see the reach that we have, oh jump, and so I think we'll have even more athletes that come on and talk about their races, about other things going on.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I can't make no promises I will ever be able to get Sidney mcglock so LEBRONI. So I ain't gonna make that promise. But I ain't gonna be from lack of tria. They ain't gonna be for lack of tried now. I mean even she'll just come on to say, hey guys and go on, we're gonna get something. We're gonna get something. We're gonna get something. Okay, We're gonna get something. Scott's Sorenson said, what do you think about prospects for LA living in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: With the home field advantage?
Speaker 1: Man, I remember how we they how we went crazy in eighty four. I was there, I was there. I would them the boxing. I mean I think we won. I think there was twelve medals, twelve weight classes. I think we won like ten goals or silver labrong. We did we damn there did what?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What the Chinese did and died where they swept the gold medals and table tennis.
Speaker 2: They swept table tennis I was so, oh yeah, I do think. I think.
Speaker 1: You know, guys, obviously everybody fights harder in their own backyard. Uh So I'm I'm I'm super excited. I'm going. I don't give damn about no traffic. I'm going. I'm gonna see track and field. I'm gonna see a basketball and black I'm gonna. I'mst I got I gotta see it. I mean, you know, that's what my bucket. You know, been to a Super Bowl, been to a World Series of Game seven, been to an NBA Finals game. I've been to all Star games, you know, Pro Bowl, MLB all start, NBA all start. So I've been to a lot of things. The Olympics, the Olympics and Wimbledon. They're on my bucket list. So, okay, can you explain why the four by four and the eight hundred meters runners start and stagger lanes and then switch to lane one. That seems like they have to cover a little bit more ground by switching. Actually, you know they don't, because when they start outside, they got to cover distance. But you know, they that's why they started outside. You start outside, and so the guys on the inside they get it. Hey, they get to go. Look, but see the four by four is staggered because you got what lanes went through at and so it's based on time. So and sometimes you get preference. I mean, I think the fastest time you get to start, like Carston Warholme when he's always normally he gets the fastest time. He loves to start in lane set. He loves to start far be damned to be into the curtain. And so then and then you know they passed it off to the second leg. And the second leg I think he has to go like they have to go like one hundred meters maybe a hundred and fifty meters before they can move move over to Laney.
Speaker 2: But that's just that's just the way it's been set up.
Speaker 1: Uh So I'm not so you know what, it's funny that you say that, because like when we ran track, we never did that. We didn't do that in high school when we got the baton in the four by four, well we Hey, you jockeying for a position. You look at your guy. Okay, your guy, he's back there. You might be in the fifth slot, and then all of a sudden he come. You try to bump the guy, say ob man, come on, brother, you see my guy in front, so you jockeying for position.
Speaker 2: But man, both four hundred meters. Look, the women's weren't contested.
Speaker 1: I wish it was a little bit more contested because I think they could have got the world record. I mean, Sid Sid ran what forty seven to seventy one.
Speaker 2: With no push? What does she run if she pushed? If she's pushed like Rob Benjamin, what does she run? Ain't no telling. She might go for sub forty.
Speaker 1: Seven, which is it's crazy. It's crazy that I'm even saying that. That's I mean, at least she's going low forty seven. To think think of a woman that can go sub forty seven, but she's going low forty seven with push.
Speaker 2: You don't know what a person can do until they're pushed.
Speaker 1: Nobody thought they could run that fast until Usain Boat got pushed the first fifty meters.
Speaker 2: And the funny thing is it push. Hell, he had to catch the fuck up when you think about it.
Speaker 1: So Hey, Stephen Bass three fourteen said, you're really a true black role model. Much love for one of your biggest fans, question, have you ever had a friend that was close to you as bucket Burns that ended up falling out with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it happens, move on. That was his life. I mean, unfortunately, it is. It is, it is, but it's it's not the.
Speaker 1: End of the world, or Joe. I didn't come in the world with with with anybody. I'm I'm I'm gonna leave out of it by myself. But you know, it's it's unfortunate because when you close someone and you know you've been to their home, they've been in yours, and you've extended other Yeah yeah, yeah, but you know what, O Joe, things happen. Yeah, I'm not the first. I won't be the last. I mean there are people that have had people that have been you know, they've been close with thirty forty years. But it's all good. I don't I don't think about the friends that I that I don't have anymore. I just worry about the free Yeah. So bucket Burns, guys that I'm cool with now, I'm good. It happens, but it's not the end of the world.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe. Yeah, this concludes.
Speaker 1: Our Olympic. So this is our closing ceremony. We're gonna put a button on this, but this in a nice boat. Huh oh yeah, unless we get Sydney. Now we get Sidney. Yeah, we're coming back to a special part of the NFL season. We get Sydney. She could interrupt any of the normal scheduling programming. Oh, Nightcap Seid she absolutely care. Guys, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I'm your favorite UNC Shanna Shark, He's your favorite. Number eighty five, The rock Runner, Extraordinary, the Binga Ring of Fame, Arnoye, the legendary pro Bowler All Prog.
Speaker 2: Yeah you are.
Speaker 1: You are showed up with that outfit on the day the Liberty Cities on chad O Cho Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that light button. Please make sure you hit that some fried button. And guys, do us a favor. Make sure you go subscribe. Subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from every subscriber, matter you matter. Thank you for your support. Please make sure you go check out Shape by Laportier. We have it in stock and we'll get it to you pronto. Please make sure you go follow my media company page on all platforms. That's Shay Shape Media and my clothing company. That's eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. We want to thank our very special interview tonight with Nija Houston, the street skateboarder, share some insight from histories being in Paris, losing out on the gold medal, winning the bronze, but hey, he felt he was in position to win the goal and should have won it. Played dealt with some things mentally that he was able to shake off or he's shaking off.
Speaker 2: So we thank you Nija for coming on.
Speaker 1: We greatly appreciate that the US women make it eight straight, narrowly escape in France on home soil sixty seven sixty six. They win the gold medal Gabby Williams heave at the buzzer was banked in but a foot was on the line and so instead of going into overtime, they lose sixty seven sixty six and the US capture is sixty sixty first consecutive Olympic win with eight straight gold medals. Down at Rossi DT now has six gold medals. So thank you for joining us for nightcap. I'm un he's o Joe, see y'all suit
Speaker 4: The volume