Speaker 1: Welshman. Everybody to Fantasy Bros MLB, it's time to look at to the waiver wire for the week with me, Joey p Joe Phizipia. Of course with me is the Welsh And let's start here with the guy getting the call again from Triple A. Chandler Simpson did nothing wrong the first time. I don't know what the problem the Rays have, maybe they're just being cheap, but you know what, the Rays are in it now and Chandler Simpson is back and he has been stealing bases, doing everything he possibly can for the Rays at Triple A, and now he's getting another opportunity. He was optioned to Durham in late May after he was posting a two to eighty five batting average, no homers, of course, but nineteen steals, seventeen runs and thirty five games. And now it's an opportunity for him to rebound again, come back here and you know, hopefully continue to give us more stolen bases because Welsh when you look at where he's at currently, he is still available in fifty percent of CBS leagues. A lot of teams had no choice but to drop him. But if you're looking for help and steal. It's time to be aggressive for Chandler Simpson.
Speaker 2: If he's out there, I think, like points leagues, you're going to see the devaluation because sure, you know, stolen bases don't mean as much. He has no power potential. He doesn't register on RBIs. The positive is he doesn't strike out, he even in that time. And that was the weirdest thing about the sendown is there was real world baseball, you know, like defensive metrics war versus what we got in fantasy. And his fantasy owners were like, why are we sending down this guy that's hitting like almost two eighty and stealing all the bases and getting hits. Like why It's like, well, because he's not doing a whole lot else, but for fantasy, he is covering some of those markers and if he hits at the top of the lineup, I love it. The low k percentage is phenomenal tons of hits. He's a ground ball hitter that's just going to get on base and steal a ton. So you know, maybe there's like caveats to it, but in my eyes, like he's just a must pick up, Like he is a deficit in the home run department. But I think he's a no doubt player that you want to get on your roster. I would not let him be fifty one percent in any format. And I'm picking him up across the board because guess what, we are still valuing stolen bases in a world where you know, Corbyn Carroll when he was on, he wasn't stealing bases. Really, Ronald Acuna is not stealing him. We're just not getting that same level of some of the guys we expect. So I think a lot of us would probably still have that need so go pick up Chandler Simpson.
Speaker 1: Head to head road the leagues, especially in a short week. This guy can have four by himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he can win. It's kind of like Ellie. He's like Ellie from last year, Like he can win the week for you alone. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Casey Schmidt the next guy on their list we're gonna talk about today, just thirteen percent roster. We're really digging deeper on these next couple of ones here. He's a guy that, depending on your league rules, good Wuialfai almost everywhere in the infield. So he's filling in for Matt Chapman now and with Tyler Fitzgerald getting sent down. It's like Schmidt is actually clearing a path for himself. He's you know, it was up last year, had some mixed reviews, but so far this year in thirty three games for the Giants, four home runs, fifteen RBI, hitting two eighty four. To me at this point, well, it's just a matter of is he an interesting depth piece, especially if you're in any format with daily train actions where Schmid qualifies so many different spots potentially, To me, that's a very useful piece if you're willing to manage it out. So I think Schmid is worth of speculation. What do you think?
Speaker 2: I love this one. My only hesitation has been like, how do they make it work when you know in Chapman backets Chapman adamis you've got potentially Devors at first, you got Wilmer Flores in there. But you know what, like because Casey Schmidt I believe, has registered the entire infield this year, they can just pop them into a spot. I don't know if to be full.
Speaker 1: Time off that Devor's just DH even you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, I mean if Devors wants to DH and you want to put Wilmer at first, then you can have Casey Schmidt play second, like you can do with this stuff. And the reason I love this so much in that it looks like the hope is a lot greater that he can stay on the field. And his profile is just phenomenal right now. His ten percent barrel, almost fifty percent hard hit rate, he's walking almost ten percent of the time, he's getting the ball in the air. And if you look on he's not qualified, but you go into baseball savant from a slider person, he's tops of the league and like expected whoa expected batting average, expected slug he's got that nice launch angle, sweet spot. So he's hitting it perfectly. Like there's a lot of things that are in favor. It kind of reminds me of an NL Addison Barger how people are treating Addison Barger. Schmidt kind of has that, but he has less of a path for people. So maybe get the next Addison Barger in Casey Schmidt.
Speaker 1: I like that a lot. That's actually a really good camp there. Next gut on our list is another one under twenty percent roster, Tyler Freeman, who came over to the Rockies in a trade with the Guardians. Earlier in the season and over his last couple of games here starting to get really hot, hitting two ninety two over that span, with two stolen bases in the last week. That's what you're looking for. He's got nine steals on the year, hitting three twenty seven. He qualifies a shortstop and outfield depending on your league eligibility rules. And look, you know at this point you're looking for bats, and I think the Rockies are also ready to make some hard decisions. You imagine they're going to be trading off some pieces too, so more opportunities going to open up where things are going to get a little less crowded in Colorado come the end of July. Ian McMahon's gone, maybe even somebody else. So I could see looking at this next player, Tyler Freeman is another guy that might be worth a deeper league speculative ad. But what do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's like CVS Jacob Wilson, you know what I mean, Like that's where he looks right now. Really low strikeouts is really long yeah sea, yeah, yeah, Well in Colorado boosts him a little bit, so like imagine Jacob Wilson there. So it just kind of has some feels of that. The hitting profile isn't super sexy, but he is walking more than he's striking out right now. He is stealing some bases, and you know, I think another guy you could look at. He wasn't on our list, but like Mickey Moniac, they've got a couple guys that you know whether they're going to move off pieces. Assuming Ryan McMahon gets traded, like Tyler Freeman, should have the season just completely in front of him to run with it. And it's just a good contact profile, so you gotta be careful about it. He'll probably rank even higher. But again, you're hitting over three hundred, you got a little bit of homer equity. By the way, his homer came on the road, not even at home, so you might have a little bit more potential home run. And he steals a little bit more than a Jacob Wilson, So if he keeps up this profile, he might kind of be sneaky. And he's got even twelve team format potential on the middle endfield and he just needs to continue playing time. So yeah, I'm kind of into this one if you're chasing batting average and maybe runs.
Speaker 1: I didn't put Moniac on the list because I still just don't believe in the player. That's that's my you know, just shake on it. But I agree, if you're in a deeper league and needed outfield help, he might be one of those guys you could look at. We went through a list of those names. By the way, I'm leading off the other day. If you want to check that out, go watch leading off with Cortman Carroll's injury when that happened there and him going on the ALE Official League. We listed a bunch of you know, mid level names that you know might be out there in shallow leagues and even deeper names. But any port in a storm right now. And one more reminder. Last week a dragover Christian Moore, second base from Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim just twenty eight percent roster. His roster percentage actually went down for some reason over the weekend. I don't know why. Maybe people picked him up and they said, ah, he's not doing anything, and then yesterday he goes and he hits two home runs. Again, the Patien's level just not there. So this is more of a public service announcement. I don't know if there's anything else you want to add to Christian Moore. But again second pase is not exactly you know, the best out there in terms of offensive productivity. If you can stash a guy who might figure it out as the season goes on, then Christian Moore is one of those guys you want to have on your roster.
Speaker 2: I think that's the big thing, is like if you believe he can figure it out. The negative is he's got multi strikeout games and three of his last five and a strikeout rates really high. But the positive is he does have hits in five of his last seven games, and you can see the home run potential. He's barreling the ball. He's just not hitting it quite hard enough, but he's getting it in the air. I think this is a guy that is going to figure it out during the season, and like, I'd rather have him over Tyler Freeman. And that's me chasing a little bit more. I think there's three categories that he can really push me for where I think Tyler Freeman is kind of a two category guy. But yeah, I'm betting on talent and I think we've seen a pretty good track record a lot of these prospects getting a little bit of time figuring it out post All Star Break. Christian Moore is going to be a guy to pick up, but he's under under two hundred and I think that's why the average or the numbers, the percentages and stuff still look low on some of the sites.
Speaker 1: All right, before we turn our attention to the arms to add this week, the waiver Assistant is out there to help you with all the additions to your fantasy Fantasy baseball team. Excuse me. Just sink your league for free and receive personalized messages and waiver wire suggestions tailor to your roster and your league settings. You can quickly see who the available players are in all of your leagues just into one app. So sink all your leagues for free, manage them with my playbook. Go to Fantasypros dot com slash MLB my Playbook or just download the Fantasy Baseball My Playbook app today to get advantage on the waiver wire and on all of your league mates all season long. Let's start with Eric Lauer of the Toronto Blue Jays. Qualifies at RP and s P, which is also one of those tricky things. In those deeper leagues, we have mandatory RP spots nineteen percent rostered. He's been really good recently. Sure SER's back, but I think we have every reason to believe that if Lauer continues to pitch well, that he is going to stick in this rotation. Welsh. It's another strong outing for him, just to get some context. Year in June. He has a one to seven zero ERA, a one whip, twenty one strikeouts, just seven walks, and twenty one innings. And it's not like he didn't have mild success at times with the Milwaukee Brewers too. So Laower looks like a guy that I think in deeper leagues, if you're looking for pitching and everybody is, you might want to throw onto your waiver wire or start to throw some fabat.
Speaker 2: I remember he did this a couple of years ago when I think it was with the Brewers and he had this like hot He was one of the highest forcing fastball k percentages in baseball and he was just like getting it done. And he's kind of doing that again. The fastball looks phenomenal. Batting average against is under two hundred, and by the way he throws it like ninety two miles an hour, it has a thirty what is it a thirty three percent K percentage, which is also not sustainable, But it looks just really good, and it's setting up some of these other pitches where curveball is an expected one for two batting average against, the slider is an expected essentially two hundred. The only thing they're getting to is a cutter right now. So you've got three of four pitches that are get out. His K percentage is the highest of his career, his walk percentage is one of the lowest. Even the expected ray is in the three and a half. Like, there's a lot of great stuff here he should stick in. He's been a really great streamer, and I think he's moving out of that streaming range to like, yeah, maybe you do want to hold there might be some regression coming, but that fastball has been so good and I think he's floating in that like lower just hold on in deeper leagues to get some of those starts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you on that one. Another guy too to talk about, Frankie Montass. I don't know what's in the water in Queens Man. This guy was dreadful in his rehab starts. I had zero hope and somehow he had the Braves held down for five score listenings. I can't tell you why the velocities up. Everything looks better. Maybe he's just working out the kinks and just working on stuff, I don't know, just throwing fast balls. I didn't watch the rehab starts. I just saw the twelve ray and that was enough to scare the crap out of me. But the Mets need pitching. They spent on Frankie Montas. He's not going anywhere in that rotation. To me, with all those reasons, are enough to invest in him and just wait and see. I don't know if I want to start him necessarily right away again, maybe I want to see one more good start, But I think it's worth speculating now because if he has one more good start, the price is going to go up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a probably a good way to put it. I mean, the Mets have just really done a good job and as far as their major league and lower level minor league pitching development, that that probably has something to do with this Vilo increase that we're seeing. That's the weirdest thing that you mentioned, and I completely agree. It's like he was throwing ninety five last year. He's up to ninety six or at least in this start. Yeah, and his sinker a full mile per hour higher as well, so I think there's something there. I think he got away with some stuff in this start. You know, forty percent poll rate on him, so we're going to have to, you know, continue to monitor. Walk rate was still really high. But you know, let's see. I think Frankie Montos on this team context as a player that is worth picking up, even out of the streamer range as well, to see if it works. I think at the end of the day this is probably and be like a high three, low four era guy, but he just might walk into some runs. And he looked good against a great team to start, so don't let him sit too long and potentially speculate now.
Speaker 1: Diddy or Fuentez has another start today against the Mets. Again, as of recording this, we don't know how he's doing. The first start. He saw some glimpses out of him. Twenty years old, still very young. Still more of a spot start right now for the Braves, but another guy that you might want to speculate on because Sale is going to be out for a while and you know, if the Braves get stretched in that rotation. Fwentes could be a guy who can make a few more starts for Atlanta, but I want to focus our attentions to Jansen Junk of the Miami Marlins. Now. You can laugh about the name all you want, but Junk right now is going to get an opportunity to stick in that Marlins rotation. Because Max Meyer is done for the year, probably al Contra and or Cabrera is going to get moved from that rotation and Junk right now, I think if you, you know, just kind of look around trying to find some depth of arms, and you have so many injuries, I think it's worth me be just throwing a couple bucks on him. He struck out nine over his last ten and two thirds innings. Again, doesn't have a lot of success at the big league level, but opportunity is striking right now for him. He also has on the year in twenty seven innings, Welsh twenty five strikeouts and just two walks. If you're only your strike out, you guys got twenty five guys and walk just two guys. I don't care who you are. It piques my interest and I want to have him on my roster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the context too is six starts, he's only walked two. So even outside of the innings that six starts he's walked to another kind of interesting one. He had one bad outing he gave up five earned runs, but all his other starts, his other five starts, he's given up less than that. So one outing had more earned runs given up than he had given up the entire season. The low walk rate is kind of what really gets me excited. This is another testament to the off season video we did with Lance Prasdowski talking about just the system of how they're redeveloping, and you see a Velo increase on the four scene fastball. You see he's actually added the sweeper in as a really high usage pitch which is getting some outs. And I think the main thing you said is like they're gonna trade out some guys. There's gonna be some potential rotation spots out there, and Jason Jensen Junk has actually been pretty decent, so I'm open to streaming him for sure.
Speaker 1: All Right, outside of Chandler Simpson, these guys are not rostered in a lot of leagues. Lower nineteen percent, Montoss twelve percent to your Fuentes ten and Jansen junk four percent of CBS leagues. So I don't want to hear the YouTube comments talking about, Oh, these guys are all gone in my league. No they're not. I can tell you they're not. They're all available. But we do love your comments anyway, drop them below and you might win yourself a cecil field or autographed jersey. We're giving that away this month from Pristine Auction dot com. How do you win it? Like this video? Subscribe to the Fantasy Bros MLB channel, drop your comments and ring the bell that it goes ding for more fantasy baseball goodness. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids, Happy hunting on the waiver.
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB