Speaker 1: This is he said a yavi ho with Eric Winter and Rodalin Fantaz.
Speaker 2: Hey, mister, how are you welcome back? He said a yabho. Listeners another episode of me and Eric answering questions and talking about whatever we talked about about stuff. I say.
Speaker 1: We had a lot of people that showed up a couple of weeks ago to Miami that were big listeners of the podcast, and they showed up to support Palm Republic and US at the signings of Total Wines. And I just want to say thank you. That Miami trip was awesome. So many fans showed up and we again proved that Palm Republic is doing great things and it's moving through and Total Wines is very happy, and I just appreciate all of the fans support, and it's just becoming true, true Palm Republic support. It's not even just because of the rookie or US or anything else. So it was a great trip. Did the ron It's a Revolution, had a lot of fun. Yeah, it was great. It was great, And we have another trip now coming up. Because you know, Razin doesn't drink and a mocktail has been something on our minds for a while, so we're going to Minnesota to a distillery to do something samplings that were don't want to reveal too much.
Speaker 2: But guys, this is a true story. So for years, even before mocktails were a thing, because now I feel like it's becoming a thing.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of mocktail bars.
Speaker 2: Yes, celebrities that have mocktails. I've been talking about having a mocktail for many, many, many years, even way before Pan Republic. Par Republic just happened to come out first, and we're so blessed that he's doing fantastic. But now we finally found the distillery and the right partners, and we go to Minnesota to do the third tasting and it's going to be for flavors and it's all about fruits that are very common in Puerto Rico where I come from. I'm very excited. So I want to hear about you. Guys. Just talk talk to us about what do you feel when it comes to not drinking alcohol and having mocktails as an alternative. You know, if you want to go out and you want to feel sexy and cool and and feel like you're social but not have to drink.
Speaker 1: And in a fun way kind of like our relationship. We always talked about the fact that you can mix it, right, if you're a drinker, you can mix this and it could be a it could be a mocktail, but also it could be a mixer.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Palm Republic with a little a little splash of our mocktail is going to besh. So we just went we went to we went to a dinner in Miami with a Palm Republic group and Eric. Eric asked for a specific drink that was Palm Republic. But what was it? It was? It wasn't It wasn't all fashions.
Speaker 1: Press Martini. No, the oh the old Cuban, Cuban, old Cuban, which you swore was guava, which.
Speaker 2: I don't drink at all. And he says, just, oh my god, this is delicious. I want you to try it. And I tried that thing and it had like guava. And I told her the wag the waiter, this has guava and he's like, no, no, not at all. I'm going on, you don't understand. This has guava. And he's like, no, it was so delish.
Speaker 1: Got drunk.
Speaker 2: But because one of the mark says is going to have guava, I have. If nobody's Palm Republic drink alcohol, I know I'm gonna have. I'm gonna have to start drinking a drinking.
Speaker 1: For that old Cuban.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: That's a phenomenal drinking. I think it was brought out that little bit of a flavor and it.
Speaker 2: Tastes like well. But anyway, so we did that and then we're gonna go to Minnesota for that, and then I go to Puerto Rico to record a second music video with the leads of my movie because they're all phenomenal singers and it's going to be so much fun, guys, and what else is happening.
Speaker 1: Also for all of you that are going to be coming. I know, I know a lot of reached out about coming to meet me in France for the con when we do the signing and asking about Palm Republic. Listen, I'm gonna be I'm allowed now to bring merch, So we're gonna set this up with the con where you can go on potentially it hasn't fully been flushed out yet, but be able to pick out merch what you want and I can bring it there and you can buy it, and you guys can be set up.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: I was gonna go to France, but Eric took me out of the trip.
Speaker 1: It takes me out of the trip. You took yourself out of the trip. But it's a very quick picture. Look forward to meeting everybody I know. We have.
Speaker 2: We have a question here from actually from from France, from France. He lives in the south of France, Marion. When you're friends in real life with your co stars, does the friendship make your intimate scenes easier or more difficult to film?
Speaker 1: I think easier. I don't know. Don't you think easier.
Speaker 2: If you're friends with the person?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got all your love interests. You've been You've been friends with the most acquaintances.
Speaker 2: I have become really really good friends with some, and I have become friendly.
Speaker 1: I think it's worse if you're an enemy, if you don't get along.
Speaker 2: I don't think people say an enemy.
Speaker 1: I think if I know people first hand as actors who couldn't stand their co stars and had to be love interests, that that's probably tough and that would be pain.
Speaker 2: Like how do you do that? That would that'd be painful?
Speaker 1: I mean One thing that people don't understand is that love and hate are very powerful emotions, right, so you could literally despise your co star and fans will call it chemistry. It's notorious with the show Moonlighting that Bruce Willis and Sybil Shepherd did not get along. It happened with the best best chemistry on the planet.
Speaker 2: Same thing with Justin and and Blakely that is like the chemistry was off the charts, and apparently they don't like.
Speaker 1: To learn a lawsuit exactly. You saw that movie. I didn't see that movie.
Speaker 2: It I liked it a lot. People like talking a lot of about it.
Speaker 1: I liked it a lot. I don't know if those two truly hated each other.
Speaker 2: I think that she was very attracted to him, for sure.
Speaker 1: I think that started to develop.
Speaker 2: I think it was.
Speaker 1: But I think it's it's common knowledge that you can really care about somebody or really as a as a as a friend or not and developed and have chemistry portrayed on the screen. Because again, I think hate is a powerful emotion that people don't see the difference on screen. Yeah, like you can be give me, like I said, most of your love and I think you've been friends with. Yeah, I don't think you've ever come back to me and said you didn't like somebody.
Speaker 2: No, No, I mean I've been I've like some more than others.
Speaker 1: You've been in situations where it's been uncomfortable and it's been awkward. I think you've told me stories. You don't have to say the actor, but I feel like you've told me stories where you were uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: It's not always comfortable because I listen.
Speaker 1: Not that part of it. I'm talking about the person like they made you uncomfortable, but you had to go through with it.
Speaker 2: But you have to go through it. Listen. It's usually not comfortable, guys, even even with with somebody that you like that is a friend. It's a very intimate thing, you know, when you're like, it's not I don't know, unless you really like the person and you fancy the person sexually. You know, then I guess it's like, oh my god, it's like a free pass, you know. But for the most part, with actors, there's nothing exciting. When you have twenty.
Speaker 1: It's very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you have so many people looking at you.
Speaker 1: Technically, even a close set, right, it's close close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always love when they go, it's a close set. It's like it's not a yeah, it's oh, you know what I want to I wanted to bring something up. And I'm doing this very respectfully because I have a friend of mine texting me the other day saying, Bros, have you checked TikTok? They hate you, like like all the fans of the rookie. They think, I don't know what's happening with your storyline, that the breakup and going back together and the whole story about changed for getting back together or not. And it's like everybody is blaming you for them not being together because you gave your husband an ultimatum yes. And I was like, what I can, so I go and I'm gone, go, so let me just go.
Speaker 1: Do you think Ross is responsible for Ross and Rachel breaking up on friends? It happens like fans break up. I mean, couples break up all the time and guys.
Speaker 2: As I went in and I was like, let me see what they're saying, I was shocked and I was like, oh my god, like hate hate, and I'm like, should I say something? But I know that if I engage and I answer one.
Speaker 1: You can't. And I was like you can't engage.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I cant.
Speaker 1: Been on The Rookie. Roslin's like a full supporter of the show. She's good friends with Melissa. I mean, you could not be a bigger supporter of our show. Do fans I will say this, Do fans take it too far on social media and say things that are hurtful? One hundred percent. We've talked about it before on the podcast. People have a difficult time separating acting and reality. And the reality of all this is is these are two characters that are given scripts by writers that have to act out scenes. She does it all the time Devius Maids. Her character is probably the most sexual character on that show. She was always in a romance, sleeping around doing whatever. The girl was a go get her if you will. Awesome And you know it's still acting. This is not reality. These aren't real couples. So she I can speak firsthand rather than it's been nothing but supportive of the show. It's provided me a life to live in Los Angeles, be with the kids. Unfortunately, she travels a lot. She wanted to come back on The Rookie. She almost came back two different seasons. It just didn't work out with her schedule when she was doing Fantasy Island and also something else. So, I mean, guys, don't believe everything you see one.
Speaker 2: So I have never called any writer on the Rookie saying I have an issue with this. Never in my life. I will never never. It doesn't exist in my universe.
Speaker 1: TikTok also said I owned a ranch in New Zealand, which wasn't.
Speaker 2: It says all kinds of things. It's a I'm going no, but I'm reading no, guys. It really affected me and then I was like, let me just snap out of it because it is what it is. And you know, while my conscience is clear, I think, and I've said it many times, the testament of how incredible that storyline has been conducted and how it has resonated with the audience and people love it, love it. Everywhere we go, everybody loves it and that's huge, and I think that's amazing. So no, I'm assuming you guys are going to get back together. I hope I get back together. So I had to stop they stop blaming me.
Speaker 1: Yeah I can't. I mean, I can't speak to that regardless. But all I can say is that Roz had nothing to do with anything I need to.
Speaker 2: Do with the show anyway, So anyway, I would laugh at I wanted to clarify that because I'm going on this is the last thing. I mean.
Speaker 1: That is the first time I've ever heard of this. So I'm glad you did because you've never even told me that this whole incident took place.
Speaker 2: Because I had no idea. And then I looked, and I was like, should I look? And then I started looking and I was like, I'm going to pass out right now. But then, but guys, it's okay anyway.
Speaker 1: Next, I don't know if we answered your question fully, Miriam, but what was a question we did?
Speaker 2: We talked about it for a while.
Speaker 1: Next question from Andrea, who's also from France. I'm still struggling about a breakup that happened many years ago. This relationship was toxic. I was physically and verbally abused by him. I'm now thirty, still not confident about myself and it's hard to trust another man. I feel like I'm in a shell and can't feel any emotions. What would be your advice to get through this? Wow? First off, let me start by saying I'm so sorry that you could even have to go through something like this. I'm gonna let you raz speak to this. You have never experienced physical abuse, but I think you've been in a relationship where you felt verbally abused. Maybe you can speak to this this listener, and how to get through that when you.
Speaker 2: Is a verbal abuse, like somebody so well.
Speaker 1: Verbal verbally abused in a relationship that was toxic and now she's having trouble getting back out there and trusting men again.
Speaker 2: Listen, it's listen. I okay, let me let me let me organize my thoughts my relationship before, not boyfriend, my ex husband, because I want to make sure it was not never physical. It was never verbal to the point of like my dad, Okay, my dad is very verbally abusive. What comes out of his mouth is allowed, is just insult. It's pretty bad. What I experienced was somebody much much older, smarter than me, that it was more like emotional in terms of like maniating, manipulating, you know, and I didn't have the tools or the maturity to be able to deal with what was being done.
Speaker 1: He wasn't calling your names or screaming at you or or.
Speaker 2: Well, we will have screaming, but I'm also I'm also pretty loud and I have a bad temper, so it was a screaming badge was it was mutual because I grew up in a very volatile, bolatile up bringing, you know, where my mom my father will say something and my mom will top it and it was like a pissing context, you know. So to me having that kind of dynamic of somebody saying, what the f da da da, I'll be like, what have yeah? You know, So it was that kind of thing. So it's sad because it took a lot of people around me to tell me this is not healthy or normal. This is very toxic. And a lot of times I was like, what do you mean. It's like it's okay because it was normal to me.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It took a lot of reading and therapy books, god, you know to understand no, Russ, this is not normal. It's actually not even love. You need to break that cycle. And it's been it's been an ongoing demon battle for me throughout the years to break habits and to break cycles and to be like, I don't want to be in a relationship like my parents have, and listen, I feel bad because both of my parents are alive, and my mom listens to this podcast, doesn't understand a lot because her English is not great, And I don't want to hurt her because my mom did and it's still doing the best she could and she can given her circumstances, you know, and as a mom, she's incredible.
Speaker 1: So so the.
Speaker 2: Advice listen, you need to you need to snap out of it. And it's brutal to understand to go through physical, verbal, emotional abuse, but you owe it to yourself to break the cycle, and you owe it to yourself to love yourself enough to understand it wasn't your fault. This was an experience that life has given you because you need to learn something. When you're in it, it's so cloudy, so muddy, you don't get it. Even post being in it. It takes a long time to realize there's a learning that I need to that I need to pay attention here. Maybe it's about yourself to become stronger, become more assertive, to respect yourself enough to know I did not deserve that. It's not my fault. I'm gonna have to move on and listen, listen. I just went to this man that is a healer, and he said, people get so caught up with the past and the future, and the reality is that none of that is real. The pass is done. The future you have no control. It's always about the present. And if you're able to get out of it, because you know it takes women many, many years. But if you're strong enough and smart enough and courageous enough to be like, I am breaking out of this and I'm going to go solo, you have to find it in You have to change that channel and understand, this happened to me. It doesn't define me. It doesn't mean that it's going to happen again. And now I have the clarity and the awareness to recognize recognize the signs. So when the other dude comes into your life, because you went through it, the check marks are going to be so evident. You know. It's like, is what happened to me. I had to go through what I went through to understand I don't want to be in love with my dad. I married my dad, so I don't want and I never respected it, so I don't want that. So it took me going through it to know, Okay, oh I get it, this is not what I want for me, and then the next relationship was a little better, and then the other one was glorious. And he's the one that prepared me for Eric, because by the time I met Eric, I had already I broke the cycle, and I knew exactly you know what, I know what good love is. I know that there doesn't It doesn't have to be about disrespect or competition or jealousy or or anything. It has to be about seeing this man thrive with me and next to me. And it took again. Listen, therapy is important, reading, reading, reading, reading, I had I read so many books at Giane lavan zandt is A. It's an incredible writer that it was instrumental for me to be able to break the cycle. So that's my advice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well said I mean Andrew. I think she summed it all up. Put you owe to yourself to find your love that's real and important to you.
Speaker 2: So and pay attention to the signs because people manifest themselves day one. The problem is that we just don't want to We don't want to see it because you're physically attracted to the person, because you think is because you all habits come back and you're like, Oh, he's so jealous. Oh, my god, he loves me. Be very shrewd Is that a word? Very shrewd? About recognizing the signs they will reveal themselves in day one. I look at a mannerism, a conversation, a word. It's pretty evident, Pretty evident. You just have to just open those eyes. Just open those eyes.
Speaker 1: Well said. We're going to our last listener question from Kate. Hello, I'm fourteen. I have a question. My parents have always been strict on the no boy's rule, not even guy friends. There is this guy that has liked me for three years, and I've secretly liked him and just recently told him. I also told my parents. I also told him my parents wouldn't allow it, and he said he would wait until I was ready. But I've realized over the past few days how much I like him. Should I date in secret or risk making him wait to respect my parents' wishes. Oh, this is a tough and very real question. I'll give you my two cents rather as you could chime in. I believe in facing your parents with honesty and truth. I don't know your full dynamic with your parents. I think dating in secret can be very complicated and could come back to really be harmful in a situation, maybe for the two of you, maybe for your relationship with your parents, and I think you'll never get the full experience of that relationship. You don't like the guy, why no, any guy. She's not allowed to there's no boy rule.
Speaker 2: How old is she?
Speaker 1: Fourteen? OK? Have you been here for any of this conversation?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So, Katie, what I would say, or Kate, what I would say is if again I don't hear a dynamic, but if it's possible to talk to your parents. I know that probably sounds scary as heck, just sharing with them. You don't have to make it specific about this boy, but just in general about this concept of no boys and how it makes you feel. How you feel a little bit trapped, and you don't want to go against their wishes, and you don't want to do anything behind their back. You want to be honest, and you want to have an open relationship with your parents that you can share how you're feeling. Maybe start with that and just see if little by little you can get them to open up to the idea that you might have a.
Speaker 2: Guy friend and Listen. I think for any kid that is fourteen that has very mature parents that challenge that are so strict, I'm assuming that it is nerve wracking for you to say I'm just going to have an adult conversation with my parents. But I think it's super crucial that you actually go over and say, guys, I need to be very honest with you, and I hope you I want to do it with love and with respect, and I hope you understand me. So just hear me out and say, I know we have strict rules and you guys don't want me dating nobody anytime soon. But I think at my age, all my friends, it's very normal that we start liking boys. And I don't want to do anything behind your back. So it's your choice.
Speaker 1: But I also feel like there's a compromise here in a way. Listen, I will give a lot of kudos to this young man that you're talking with us at school, because he told you wait for you, and you guys are very young, so the fact that he's being that patient is incredible for him. So maybe there's even a compromise where you're sharing with your parents. Listen, I'm not asking to have quote, you know, full blown dates with this person.
Speaker 2: I don't want to have secrets.
Speaker 1: I don't want to have secrets. But if there's somebody that I like and I want to get to know more as a friend, it would be great if you two could establish that, whether it's over the phone, whether it's going to a movie with other friends or dinner with other friends, or whatever that case may be, even if it's just with your parents going and hanging out but there's obviously no they don't have to even hold hands, but just getting being allowed to get to know the person better since he already has the patience to wait. I feel like you could find the middle ground where you're not in a full blown relationship but you're allowed to get to know somebody better.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to talk to them, I think, and listen, they're going to be shocked, but I think behind closed doors, your parents are going to be incredibly impressed by you that you took the time to actually go over and say, guys, please, I don't want to have secrets from you. I don't want to keep secrets from you. I don't want to do anything against your will. I don't want to be grounded. You know what I mean. I don't want you, I don't want you guys to be mad at me. But there's this person that is very respectful that I want. I would like for you guys to even meet. And I'm not saying that I want to be boyfriend boyfriend girlfriend, but I don't want to feel restricted because this is what happens. And this is what parents have to understand. The more they tell you no, the more curious you're going to be. And I think it's very typical for a teenager when the parents say no, we don't like that guy. You're like, h but I think I like him. And the more they tell you no, the more you're gonna like him. It's almost like it's crazy. It's like human nature exactly if they say no. Like I was, I was fifteen. I think it was Miki signerro Rade. It's the point I was. I think it was maybe sixteen and a half and I like this kid in Puerto Rico and my mom was it's a no, it's a no. The guy was not allowed to even be near our street for whatever reason. My mom was like, he's a bad seed. No, no, no. It was brutal and I liked him, but it's not like I was like, I like him. But the second she said that, I was like, now I really like him. And it was a year and a half of hell. And you know what I did. I did it secretly.
Speaker 1: Which, by the way, I'm sure did make it not work out. And it's complicated, but it was.
Speaker 2: It was massy, it was it was ridiculous and and and I and I often think about it because I just go, wow, this is crazy that that my mom put me through that, And when it would happen as easy as like, yeah, let me let me meet him, but for whatever reason, she was like, my mom was really good. She did it a lot. You know, my mom has a third eye, so my mom was very very specific about who she thought was going to enter her kingdom or not. But then what happened. She pushed me to do it behind her back and it was so unnecessary, so unnecessary. So just talk to your parents.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you do this, and I don't know if our advice is going to work or be you know, backfire, but share it with us. I'd love to know how it goes. And wish you the all right, anybody else you know, thank you for listening again, and remember, if you have something you want to talk to us about, send it to our DMS at he said Ado or email us at Ericinros at iHeartRadio dot com. This has been a lot of fun, yes, so much time. Thanks for listening. Don't forget to write us a review and tell us what you think.
Speaker 2: If you want to follow us on Instagram, check us out at, he said. Ajav Orson is that Email Eric and Ross at iHeartRadio dot com, he said. Ajabho is part of iHeartRadio's Mike Wuldutap podcast network.
Speaker 1: See you next time. Bye,