Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of.
Speaker 2: My favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast.
Speaker 1: Can I share something with you that I truly believe? I mean, I believe this with all my heart. I believe we all have gifts. We are all given gifts. Some of us only have one or two, some of us have a multitude of gifts we've been given. What is your gift? Once you figure that out and you develop that gift, then you get to give it away. You get to give it away to make the world a better place.
Speaker 2: Hello, good evening.
Speaker 3: Who's this Hello? This is Ellen.
Speaker 4: Ellen.
Speaker 1: What can I do for you?
Speaker 3: What I would like to tell you about is a friend of mine, This woman I had hired. She works for me, and I hired her originally for cleaning and so forth. I have some disabilities. I have epilepsy and so forth, and I'm not able to drive, and so as I got to know her through the cleaning and so forth, I hired her for transportation. Once a week she comes and takes me to the grocery store and doctor's appointments, all sorts of things. And she has become the biggest help in my life. She's just absolutely wonderful and I just want to thank her so much all the time. She goes above and dian what she does just as a friend. You just have no idea. My husband is wonderful, my family's wonderful, and they've helped me NonStop since the accident where I've acquired things, but she's started to enable me to operate again. She's another woman, so she's enabled me to see things as I should and so forth.
Speaker 2: To help you start living life to the fullest exactly. And what's your friend's name? Ellen Nappy? Hi, Marla, Welcome to the Delilah Show. Who are you thinking of tonight?
Speaker 5: I am thinking of my mother and my two boys. My two boys are both adopted from India, and I have a mother who if it were not for her, I don't think i'd have them, either one of them. And I just, you know, had just was just feeling like I just needed to do something to kind of honor her more than anything.
Speaker 1: So how old are your boys?
Speaker 5: My boys are seven and four.
Speaker 2: And how old were they when you got custody?
Speaker 5: My oldest one was seven months and my youngest one was fourteen months. And they are my mother has My mother never met my youngest son, Micah, but she was with me every step of the way through Mason's adoptions, my older son.
Speaker 2: So, your mom saw you through this, gave you.
Speaker 5: The courage to do it, oh so much?
Speaker 2: Are you a single parent or did you think parents? So mom was really thereby our song.
Speaker 5: Was the She was the one that was supportive from the very beginning. She was she was a very she was a tremendous lady. And you know, I just really, like I said, I'm just profoundly grateful because I know that was ever, I would never have had the courage to have gone through with a second adoption. You know, she was said, she was so supportive of this. My brother and I are both adopted, So I think she understood at a deeper level and I need to do this. You know, I truly am blissed.
Speaker 2: Hi, good evening. Welcome to the Delilah Show. Is this Sandy, Yes it is well Sandy, welcome. Tell me your story. I hear you've got quite the generous heart.
Speaker 6: Yes, my name is Sandy. I'm a visually impaired person. I volunteered my time at the American Red Cross to throw that people with visual and physical challenges can do just about anything if they just set their mind to it and stopped thinking that the glass is half empty and realize that they can be a contributing factor to America. And that's what I stand for, and that's what I believe in, and that's what I chose to do, because even though I couldn't do other things, I felt that volunteering is a part of me.
Speaker 2: Oh good for you, Sandy, thank you for calling, but mostly thank you for caring and for volunteering.
Speaker 6: Oh You're welcome. And I also have a visionally mPire daughter who also volunteers for her community. Then I taught her that spirit, and between the two of us, we believe that blind people can do anything they set their mind to do, and to stop whining because they can do it as long as they have the correct help and the equipment to a system.
Speaker 2: In this you don't sound like the kind of person who would sit around and whine about anything.
Speaker 6: No, because I've learned in the School for the Blind when I was a child, that you've got to get up and you gotta wipe yourself off at any cost and just do it. Just put it to the limit.
Speaker 2: Well, God bless you. You have a great night hunting, Brenda.
Speaker 1: What can I do for you?
Speaker 4: Well, I just want to tell you that you inspired me so much my husband and I to going to Africa that we just got back from a missionary trip to Costa Rica and we did a lot for the children and they just seemed to bless us more than we bless them.
Speaker 2: Isn't it amazing? When I went over to Ghana and went to work with the refugees, I had this silly notion that somehow I would do something good for them, And when I got back, I was like, Lord, there's nothing I can give them that even begins to compare to what you have given me through their love and through their friendship.
Speaker 4: I know, Delilah, I know, and listening to you, my husband and I listened to you all the time. We had been separated for a while, and listening to you got us back together and got us on the right path. And we had this opportunity. We got to go into hospitals and to orphanages where the mothers are very young and the children are young, and mothers and children are in the orphanages because they're so young, and we handed out different things that coloring books and things and little dolls and toys that we took down, and they just hugged us and hugged us and hugged us. And I just want to say what a terrific person you are and how much you inspire others. And I am just thrilled I got through to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Now, well, I'm thrilled you got through to talk, but I'm even more thrilled that you got to go on a life changing trip.
Speaker 4: It was it was, Delilah, It was absolutely life changing for both of us.
Speaker 2: What's your hobby's name, Richard? And are things better between the two of you now?
Speaker 4: Yes? Oh yes, Delilah.
Speaker 2: God bless you, Oh.
Speaker 4: God bless you, Delilah.
Speaker 1: I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you. I'll share more with you each weekday on Hey, It's Delilah.