Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong is show Katty Armstrong and Jette and he armsdrong live from the studio.
Speaker 3: C see ten you are.
Speaker 2: I just took my pregnant zone as prescribed from my Whooping Golf along with Kathy. So I am super amped for the Friday edition of The Armstrong and Getty Show coming film from forty I've had this head straight in my head at one point, coming to you straight from the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications compound. And today we're under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 3: Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump, salesman in chief.
Speaker 3: There you go, selling them out to the.
Speaker 2: Avirab world, even as they sell themselves to us. They all sell each other stuff and get so intertwined. Nobody kills anybody anymore. So I just ran over to the donut shop because I've had to completely blow up my eating routine because I'm on this medicine that you have to take with food or you'll get very sick. So this is going to be the fattest disease I've ever had. I'm gonna come out of whooping cough, twenty five pounds fatter than I was when I went in, in addition to all the other problems. But driving back from the donut shop, I was listening to NPR and thinking, man, Trump gets more even with all the negative coverage, he gets more neutral to just regular presidential coverage now than he ever got first term. I was listening to their coverage of the Middle Eastern trip and it was just pretty neutral, like a regular president, which they never did first time around. Right, Yeah, I would agree. I mean, there's plenty of Trump derangements c to be had, and there's plenty of stuff he's doing that I think is semi insane and just bad ideas. But you know what, Trump derangement syndrome is a much disgusted phenomenon frequently banned about. Is Trump exhaustion syndrome? Too much, too fast? I'm fine with that if we don't mention him again the rest of the show. I wouldn't. I wouldn't uh, I wouldn't WinCE. Yeah, he will still be there on Monday for no kidding. No, I can't help, but I feel, as you know, Jack, I have a deep psychic connection with our beloved listeners and I hear their souls crying out. You needed food for your medicine, so you got donuts. There are more foods than just donuts. What's open at this time of day? A donut shop? Twenty four our grocery store. You could have gotten some kale.
Speaker 3: Excuse.
Speaker 2: I used it as an excuse to completely break my all my rules. If I'm going in, I'm going on. Plus, I'm sick. I've been sick for I've been sick for six weeks. I am so tired of being sick. It's amazing how depressing that is. It's just depressing. And those of you who are chronically ill, you understand. But it's sures hour. Michael, I need your wisdom on this. Should there be a dread disease exemption for a New Year's resolution? No, no, I got something healthy, Wow, fundamentalist Michael Angelo. I was going to grant it.
Speaker 4: No, Katie, I'm surprised now, Michael, I disagree. Whatever you want, Jack, Yeah.
Speaker 2: When I get these exemption, yes, yeah. When I get sick, it's ramen.
Speaker 4: It's if I want a big mac, I'm eating a big mac. I don't care what I ingest if it makes me feel good. For five minutes when I feel like garbage the rest.
Speaker 5: Of the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do it.
Speaker 2: It's a tough one because obviously your body needs nutrients to help fight off the disease and you're doing the opposite. But there is the I've been miserable all day long and maybe all day to day before, and I'd like to not be miserable for a couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: I actually feel the same as Katie. I just wanted to encourage you. That's now. When I had when I was doing the chemotherapy thing, I remember saying to the doctor is like, the only thing that sounds good is like a milkshake or a donut. And because I couldn't eat anything, and they said, now is not the time to be concerned about your diet, and I took that as a green.
Speaker 3: Light for the record.
Speaker 2: I like to feel of a three judge panel there, the three judge panel of the Armstrong and Giddy Appeals Court getting to the Supreme Court thing from yesterday and ken, so do we do we want? Would we want one judge like a Michelangelo to hold up the whole thing if everybody's secreed, Probably not, Look at Jack tying it all together.
Speaker 3: I agree it's a good point.
Speaker 2: We're gonna actually have our friend Tim sanderfer on the next hour to talk about that whole thing. I know where he stands on it, and I certainly get where he's coming from. You don't want everything to stand. You probably don't want everything to stand until and unless it makes it all the way to the Supreme Court three years later. If the Supreme Court sometimes decides, hey, that original ruling, none of us think that was a good idea. Too bad. You've been doing that for three years. You know that sort of thing, right, Yeah, Yeah, it's I'm curious to pick his brain about alternatives and solutions we might find middle grounds. What I want to ask him about is a cultural change. Has there been a cultural change among the judges where they feel like, you know what, I don't like Obama, I don't like Biden, I don't like Trump. Who whatever your situation is. I'm going to hold up what they want to do because I can one of the six hundred and eighty five judges in America. And another question that we both know the answer to before I even finish asking it, has there been a cultural change where precedents are much more willing to violate the law and or the constitution for jazzing up their base purposes, you know, and that I should have said that one before I said mine, because that's definitely true, and that's puts the judges in a rough position. Presidents now are almost certainly true. Yeah, Presidents now are absolutely challenging law to see if it will hold up, or or sometimes in the case of like certainly with Biden's the Supreme Court stuff, because Nancy Pelosi had said it one hundred times, knowingly defying the law and knowing it'll get shut down, but wanting the political credit.
Speaker 3: For having tried precisely. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's a problem. I don't know what you do with that cultural change. Oh yeah, the wobblers that you first described. You know, it might be constitutional, and we're not sure. That's that's fine, that's the way our system works, and that's fine. It's the deliberate flouting of the constitution knowing it'll be shot down that annoys the crap out of me. But violation of your actually, it absolutely is. Yeah, we will discuss that, and questioned Tim closely.
Speaker 3: Can't wait for it again. Next hour.
Speaker 2: So this got me riled up in the middle of the night. I was up in the middle of the night, coughing. I turned to my phone, which is the way to get to sleep staring at your phone. And Bruce Springsteen kicked off his world tour in Great Britain and annoyed the hell out of me. So that will be how we open the show. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this It is a Friday, May the sixteenth of the year twenty twenty five. Were Armstrong and Getty, and we approve of this program. I think Bruce annoyed all of America.
Speaker 3: Stay with us. Let's begin the show.
Speaker 2: Then, officially, according to FCC rules and regulations, here we go at Mark.
Speaker 5: The Mighty East Street Band is here tonight to call upon the righteous power of art, of music, of rock and roll in dangerous times in my home, the America I love, the America I've written.
Speaker 6: About that has been a beacon of hope and liberty for two hundred and fifty years, is currently in the hands of a corrupt, incompetent, and treason astric minister.
Speaker 2: So here's my question for you. If you lean right, you've been to many a concert, many a movie, many many of whatever where he had to listen to some crap and you put up with it. I actually don't think I could have stayed at the concert after that. I think i'd have thought, I am not gonna be part of your deal man, f you. I paid one hundred and eighty dollars for this ticket, but I'm leaving that is. And he goes on and on from there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that was just Oh he did.
Speaker 2: There's a lot more to it. Oh three, he does it through that's the opening. He does it throughout the concert multiple times. Good lord, but the usual, you know, crack at the Who's president? If it's a Republican I've dealt with We've all dealt with going to concerts our whole lives. But the flat out treason is destroying. Shut up, you freaking old man guitar players never had a job in his life, zillionaire. Yeah, I just I don't think I could. I don't think I could stay and enjoy it. I think I'd just go out and wait in the parking lot. Tell me when it's over, I'll drive you home. Yeah, yeah, here here, Yeah, that's too much, especially when he hammered it over and over. Years ago, I and several buddies went to see Roger Waters of Pink Floyd fame, and he is a this was Trump one term one and he's just a frothing mouthed, wild eyed, a nut job and be you know, one of those guys who unleashes the most fevered rhetoric you could possibly imagine about everything, including Trump. And maybe it was just our mood or something, because he hammered it a fair amount. But by the end my buddies and I were just guffawing because it was so over the top and so stupid.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bruce is just the hole tir ring at this point, the whole All the cool people agree with me, and I'm a cool per something. Screw you, Yeah, that the rhetoric is awful enough and one sided enough, you know, especially, I mean unmissibly, because working class America is turning toward you know who, he's their alleged champion, please is turning more and more toward not only the Republicans, but Trump in particular. Oh yeah, yeah right, So to willfully ignore that fact just as a business person is odd.
Speaker 3: And then and what was the second, it.
Speaker 2: Is surprising that Bruce hasn't thought. I must be missing something because the people that I've appealed to my entire career really like Trump the way John Stewart did. John Stewart hates Trump, but he said, obviously there's something there. I've got working class friends who voted for Trump. But Bruce is so isolated from anything working class for the past three decades.
Speaker 3: How would he know, right?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and then the truly annoying part is kind of what you said about all the cool people agree.
Speaker 3: We're all cool here. We all agree.
Speaker 2: It's just it's it's cultish and annoying, you know, calling on art and rock and roll and whatever, and obviously we all agree. No, I tell you what, how about you have enough respect for your audience to understand their hair because I like your music and they might actually think independently. Here's the good news. I think we learned last election, and hopefully this is going forward. It doesn't work anymore. It's a net negative. Yeah, Deyonce concert and all that sort of stuff did them Democrats more harm than good. So I think that era is over. Bruce doesn't know it, because he's ancient he's ancient and so full of self regard he can't think straight. Of one final note, at the risk of tearing my rotator cuff, patting us both on the back. We are entertainment here. What we do is entirely about politics and ideology. That is, and you know, culture and fun and humor and the rest of it. But I mean a large measure of it is what's happening in the world and what does everybody think about it? It not playing songs about going down to the levee with Mary and she broke my heart Now I'm born to run or whatever the hell. And we expect that a lot of you will disagree with us a lot of the time, and that's fine, and we respect it, and we listen and we read your emails and think, hey, maybe you got a point there. That smug everybody agrees, and if you don't agree, you're a fascist, bad person.
Speaker 3: F you.
Speaker 2: God, that is so full of I mean, our relationship with you is in a word, respect. Lecturing people as if there's no conceivable chance they would disagree is either just hubris, the sort of which is disgusting. Sam ut a screen door and marrying her dress in the River and a Cadillac or something like that.
Speaker 3: Just a complete lack of respect.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I thought that you so annoying? Oh lord? Any who? Oh Paul McCartney ought to grab him by his working man shirt he's never worn to work and say, listen, your stupid idiot. Your crowd now likes that guy, whether you agree with that or not. So why don't you just shut up and play your hits? Oh my god, that's annoying. Uh. We got Katie's headlines on the way. What else we got? Oh, it's Friday, so we got clips.
Speaker 3: Of the week.
Speaker 2: Lots of good stuff to talk about. Awesome O A p. Didy update. Quite a day yesterday. All on the way. Stay here. Two things we'll get to former FBI director James Comy. Is he going to be arrested for assassination, attempt or threat? And Hey, Starbucks baristas, where what the boss tells you to wear? Shut up later? Wow, strong opinions, brace yourselves. Hey, let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green. Katie hit it all.
Speaker 7: Right, Starting with ABC talks led by US delegation between Russia and Ukraine underway in Turkey.
Speaker 2: You might as well have talks between me and my dog. Good. That's what most analysts are saying, although it is the first actual talks they've had in the full three years of the war. Most analysts are mentioning my dog no, that these thoughts are gonna get nowhere. And I understand why she continues to wear the Trump Book the cone of shame rather.
Speaker 3: All yes, yes, back to you.
Speaker 2: Jack Trump just keeps letting Putin off the hook instead of putting pressure on him. I don't know what's going on there, but he said we're gonna meet soon. We gotta meet soon. It's gonna happen, So that'll be something.
Speaker 7: NBC Cassie faces skeptical cross examination from Diddy's defense team.
Speaker 3: I'm sure we'll get details coming up.
Speaker 2: On the BBC Supreme Court backs.
Speaker 7: Quote biological definition.
Speaker 3: Of a woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the only one. There is anything else that's just play acting.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard this.
Speaker 2: I want to hear that.
Speaker 7: From the Wall Street Journal Meta battles a quote epidemic of scams as criminals flood Instagram and Facebook.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna bring that up.
Speaker 2: If you're on the GRAM or the book Brace Yourselves flood of scams.
Speaker 7: From the Washington Post on a remote island in Australia, the birds are so full of plastic they crunch.
Speaker 2: Oh not good, anybody concerned about plastics. Asia churns out and throws in the ocean and just out into the environment. So many multiples of what the United States does. We could eliminate plastic here and still have a huge problem. I get a ticket if I don't put my plastic bottle in the right container. That's because you live in a communist and community.
Speaker 7: From study fines, could one animal have eight brains? Octopus set study says kind of.
Speaker 2: The amazing octopus. The more you learn, the more you admire them.
Speaker 7: And finally, from the Battle on Bee Home.
Speaker 3: Depot adds self deportation. Kiosks, honey, that is beautiful.
Speaker 2: So that story from the bebe about the Supreme Court rules biological definition of woman?
Speaker 3: Is that the British Supreme Court.
Speaker 2: Yes, Supreme Court.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I thought, so okay.
Speaker 2: I got all excited to fill in my Starbucks story really quick. Thousands of Starbucks baristas went on strike to protest the new dress code, where the company decided you need to wear like a black shirt or black pants underneath your green apron and a bunch of I'm not striking again. My advice is where what your boss tells you to wear, or go somewhere else. You're fired, feel free to reapply, but I don't love your chances.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Do like Reagan did gia air traffic controllers.
Speaker 3: It's quite important, just the whole God.
Speaker 2: I would tell my kids immediately, where what the boss tells you to wear? I want to bring my whole self to work. Don't armstrong and getty. The whole world got to witness that weird hair flippy thingy spinning your head thingy yesterday out of the Middle East. That Trump hardon me. You didn't see that, No one of the many celebrations when Trump's going around with these Middle Eastern countries. I had all these long haired women to music, swinging their hair around like a line that he walked through.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's entertainment.
Speaker 2: Camels, cyber trucks and hair flippy thingy women.
Speaker 3: Wow. Wow, good times, thump said. Trump said, what a culture. Trump said, a lot of interesting things. We will bring them to you.
Speaker 2: With so many, so many great topics to cover today. I vowed to stay until midnight tonight to best serve you good people.
Speaker 3: Jack, I hope you're with me.
Speaker 2: The incredibly tall, pompous and nut job James call mey former FBI director, is going to be answering questions the FBI today for a stupid post he put out yesterday. Stay tuned for that story. But first, it's the Friday tradition. Let's take a fond look back at the week that was. It's cow clips of the week.
Speaker 3: You're saying he's dead. That is a truth.
Speaker 2: Tap lights are blinking, the sirens are turning. Josh wis the week McDonald Squish Mellows Happy Mal twenty twenty five reviews. I noticed it right away. The tea is missing, just says are unp it says Rump.
Speaker 3: Is there anything in.
Speaker 1: There that makes it clear that it's a big kidney No, exactly like any one one.
Speaker 2: I don't see much sense and putting me on the ballot after I die, I say.
Speaker 3: Dig up his bones and reban them. Every thought.
Speaker 2: It the drastic de escalation in the trade war between the United States and China, so there is a chance to rebalance together.
Speaker 3: This is not a political conference. This is a business conference.
Speaker 2: I want to make a deal with Iran. I want to do something that is possible.
Speaker 3: There's two steps. Is a very very nice step, and there's a violent step.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do the second step. The equipment that we use, much of it, we can't buy parts for now.
Speaker 3: We have to go on eBay and buy parts.
Speaker 2: Any of the representatives that were there, you lay a finger on them, we are going to have a problem.
Speaker 3: You can't intimidate me.
Speaker 2: Come on, give me a break. You know I was wearing a green uniform barbitu rel agent for five years before she was even born. Eighty five year old Motown Legends Smokie Robinson has been accused of sexual assault by four of his former housekeepers. Robinson plans to beat the charges by being dead soon. The bottom line is the White House was lying not only to the press, not only to the public, but they were lying to members of their own cabinet. I think some of the criticism is fair.
Speaker 3: To be honest of me, again, it makes me mental.
Speaker 2: It was clear, far far away, there was galaxy and there were robuts. The robots were.
Speaker 1: Coming up close to the one trillion dollar amount is lost every year to fraud you saw it coming. Oh yeah, I mean it was like they threw money in the air and just let people run around and grab it.
Speaker 2: Nobody should be comfortable when our country is in a moment of crisis, and I think that there is far too much comfortability across the board. So I'm Dinny Combs. The so called freak offs happened weekly, many of the sessions photographed and filmed.
Speaker 7: She even testified about him, you know, threatening to blow up rapper Kid Cutty's part.
Speaker 3: I think he convicted.
Speaker 2: Trump's gonna important me?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Could I ask you a question what I'm in London and I just paid for this damn fat drug I take.
Speaker 3: I said, it's not working.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking that sixty minute story that we both found so explosive last Sunday night disappeared into the ether. A trillion dollars of COVID eight money got stolen. A kind of entertaining story for about twenty four hours for a few people.
Speaker 3: Doesn't make it dent the key aspect of it.
Speaker 2: As it was happening, the bureaucrats involved said, man, all this is going to get stolen and did nothing about it. But it just didn't land in the American consciousness. I hate to sound unpatriotic, but a country that behaves like that, an enterprise that behaves like that, should fail, should fall. Uh yeah, that's gravity that I mean, that's what you're asking for, right, Yeah, what it would take to sustain it in the face of such incredible incoonfidence, dishonesties too much, it should give way to something better. Speaking of patriots, so many questions. The very tall, the very proud of himself James Coley for me, FBI director who really kickstarted the whole damn Russian thing by taking the story to Trump and then calling reporters and saying the President has been briefed on this. I mean, it was just, oh my god. He's so full of himself. So he posts about forty eight hours ago he's walking on the beach somewhere and he arranges shells in such a way on the beach that they read eighty six forty seven, and then he says, look this interesting shell arrangement. I just came across any posts.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, wow wow for No.
Speaker 2: Eighty six depending I usually heard it bar related when people get eighty six from a bar, kicked out of a bar, some people interred it, interpreted it as a threat he should be killed, like President Trump should be killed Trump being the forty seventh president regard that's the code for murder in various jurisdictions. I don't know which one specifically, one eighty six as an island. I definitely think it's a stretch that he was advocating an assassination, attempt or threatening on himself or anything like that. The FBI is going to investigate it, as they would with any individual who did that sort of thing. But just how incredibly unwise is that, a guy who ran the FBI, after all the trouble you've been through and this and that and the way people feel about and everything like that, you're gonna post an eighty six forty seven And then he took it down quickly and realized and then apologized or something. It's just he's unhinged.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: At the same time, I almost think it's kind of useful. I'm gonna go all Thomas Paine on you here, and he's actually the source of our freedom loving quote of the day in a few minutes. But it just goes to show you that you remove the you know, the surroundings, the big building and all of the granite and the suit and the grava toss.
Speaker 3: But these guys are just.
Speaker 2: People, clearly, dudes and women, and they have the same failings and frailties as the rest of us. Stop worshiping them, any of them, well even less than a lot of average people. Most people I know would think, that's not gonna that's gonna be do me more harm than good. That's not gonna help my life in any way. But he thought it would be funny for a second to take a shot at the president that he hates so much. Yeah, the more I think about it, we're gonna eighty six the bee fribs tonight. We don't have enough of them, that's it just means canceled. Yeah, as opposed to murder. You don't murder an order or you know, the Margherita machines broken, So we got eighty six the Marguerite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just okay, all right, whooped? You do?
Speaker 2: Nothing will ever beat. When he was standing in the woods looking at the sky, so many questions, all.
Speaker 3: Right, good, you know, it's funny.
Speaker 2: I U back to trying to find somewhere to get my haircut. That doesn't annoy me. That's one of the greatest struggles of my life. What are the criteria? Just cut my hair and don't annoy me. That's it.
Speaker 3: So you're not worse than dead.
Speaker 2: It's got nothing to do with like the quality of the haircut that you're having a problem with. Oh yeah, well obviously, yeah, there's a band of quality that I must have. I mean, if it's some hack with dull scissors who doesn't know how to cut hair, of course that's unacceptable. But it doesn't sound like the standards are too high there. Oh no, I'm an average middle aged dude. I need an average middle aged dude haircut. It's not difficult. But anyway, it just occurred to me what annoyed me so much about the one guy who was.
Speaker 3: Going to it.
Speaker 2: He was really good and really fast, a man who cut hair. Yes there are them, though them who does that? Uh? He was like James Komy. And this was the best description of Komy I ever heard. He is the hero of every story he tells. Komy's self regard, it's just unbelievable. All right, that's enough of that. I hope I the haircutter guy, though, so he tells you some story in which he comes out the uh looking good or whatever. Uh yeah, yeah, yeah, interesting guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want to give too many facts, partly because he's an enormous human being and could break me in half. But yeah, just it's like, dude, it's stop. Do you like really big beefy men cutting your hair? I really do strip to the waist if possible. Yeah, shop with hair cutting. You can't because I don't have any hair, so I haven't had a haircut since I was like eleven, So you can't. I have like a thick, lustrous mane of chestnut locks for the ladies listening. Yes, Jack, you can't do like uber where you put on a preference if i'd like at sixty eight degrees and no talking, not that i'm aware of that. Awesome if you could, though, yeah everything, Yeah, I'm sorry, pressed the wrong for my off the that'd be awesome. I wonder if that's the future, since everything gets more computerized, like everything you do before you get to the cash register, you'll be able to press no interaction please, or just everything everywhere you go all the time. Of course, that's not going to help us as a society. No, that gives me the dystopian chills, but good idea. Anyway, mail bag coming up in a couple of minutes, and some really interesting stuff about an epidemic of scams that is flooding a couple of the most popular social media outlets. You thought the waters were full of sharks, Now I know it's your phone is well? Scammers? Oh? I thought you scammers? Literally no, So we'll be talking about that, among other things. Walmart has said, yeah, we're going to raise prices because of the tariffs, which opens the door for all of America to do the same. So the tariff thing might not quite be over yet. Is a topic controversy. Yeah, I got two of the Wall Street Journal's opinion on the Walmart thing, and then Axios which had a counter version oddly enough about the Walmart raising prices thing. So we'll hit you at that next hour see what you think is most likely, whether it's a big deal or not.
Speaker 3: All right, sounds good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and mail bag on the way next to here. Trump actually responded just moments ago to the James Comy Instagram post, and Trump said James Comy knew exactly what he was doing. That was an assassination threat. Here we go, Here we go ten years ago. Can you imagine a sitting president claiming the former FBI director had attempted had made an assassination threat. I mean, what a giant story that would be the world would have come to a stop, and everybody reacting to both sides of it with Komy what a jackass, and Trump's trolling again right and moving on with their day. Really, if you're normal, I think that's the way you ought to react. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day from Patrick Henry. Whoops, oh it's not Wait a minute, how did that go there?
Speaker 3: Thomas Pain?
Speaker 2: Thomas Pain, Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Speaker 3: And then you great tough women too.
Speaker 2: We needed a lot of expect to who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it. We needed a lot of Thomas Paine's energy during the revolution. But he was a full on advocate of the French Revolution style of just tearing everything completely the ground and starting over. He was a nut in my opinion. Wow wow, Jack computing the characters of our Founding Fathers and the greatest Americans? Is he part of the Russian plot to undermine our country together with the Chinese communists? Yes, is the answer to that. We'll take your calls. Next hour, stay with us, Mailbag He drops a note. Mail Bag and Armstrong and Getty dot Com have an opinion. Somebody ought to be talking about mail Bag and Armstrong and Getty dot com drew the Millennial rights guys on the topic of the Fourteenth Amendment. Get Timmy Sandy on to discuss it. Tim Sandifer, he wrote an entire book about it, sort of indirectly, but it's brilliant.
Speaker 3: Even if it's drier than.
Speaker 2: Assaulting Oh my, the conscience of the Constitution.
Speaker 3: It is an excellent book. Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of the first things he'll say is that the fourteenth Amendment was the codification of the Declaration of Independence. He brushed over the Fourteenth briefly, and he's probably already drafted a ninety page response to everything he left out. He's weird but awesome. Love the show. Thanks Drew the Millennial. We'll have the weird but awesome Tim Sandifer on next hour. Well, yeah, I'll have to decide if we want to emphasize that or the bigger question of whether these judges can jump in and stop a president all the time that keeps happening. We will emphasize neither the peanut butter nor the jelly. We will marry them in sweet sweet accord. Wow, well a boat in other words, On the topic of virtual reality, John speaking for a lot of us, says, listening to the One More Thing talk about virtual reality. Yes, the Armstrong You Getty One More Thing podcast. We record it after the radio show is done. It never airs frequently, it has swears. Anyway, he says, I have a hard enough time dealing with actual reality.
Speaker 3: I don't need any more.
Speaker 2: Well, the most amazing thing I ever got out of the virtuality the Apple headset was the serenity of nature and being alone by a lake. So it was interesting that I was able to bring that feeling to my life quickly and easily. Wow, the irony swat team is now breaking down our doors to enforce the law. Yeah, that's amazing. Yes, lucky, this high tech gadget, I just got an incredible expense from a giant American corporation.
Speaker 3: It's allowed me to go to the woods.
Speaker 2: Let's see you moving along, Jess and Wiley Texas pretty disappointed? Michelangelow, How did I'm gonna rephrase this? But every time the P Diddy update comes along or that P Diddy bombshell, y'all laid out about the size of his manhood? How did you miss the delightful hip hop one hit wonder TUTSI role by the sixty nine Boys with a Z I.
Speaker 3: Don't know making your request?
Speaker 2: He plays the song every time Katie pops up with her ditty update. Does he take request? Tell him to start taking requests? I request? Did he take my request?
Speaker 3: Thanks? Jess. I've never heard of that song?
Speaker 2: Me neither.
Speaker 3: We don't know one hit hip hop wonders?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was some testimony from a different did he trial that might lead you to believe that he's unusually a small in his manhood and that might have something to do with his weird, I mean beyond weird attitude toward women and sex.
Speaker 3: Yeah, violence fueled control freak year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see, this is serious?
Speaker 3: Do we have time for this?
Speaker 2: Why not to frequent correspond to JT in Livermore, I'm I'm a Trump supporter generally, though I've repeatedly stated I'd not want to have him over for dinner, but I'm glad he's in the White House. I'd love to have him over for dinner. I wouldn't want him to date my mom. Okay, fair enough, let's send your list Armstrong mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. But even though I've sought really hard to find justification for Trump's seemingly inexplicable behavior visa v. Putin, unless this is some sort of eighteen dimensional chess moved to keep Putin in the war so as to decimate Russia militarily and economically, I'm almost out of excuses, right, I agree, And then he says, in fact, I'm so out of excuses that my imagination and is dredging up old Kevin Costner movies, in which Costner plays a Navy intel officer turns out he's.
Speaker 3: A deep Russian mole after all. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: It's one of my favorite all time movies. No way out. Yeah, uh uh, I don't think that. I don't think Trump is any sort of asset or any of that sort of stuff. I don't know what is fascination with Putins, but I worry that if they meet Trump is going to say some way too flattering things about Putin and way too negative things about Zelensky for anybody to.
Speaker 3: Be able to take. I know, yeah, I worry about that too.
Speaker 2: More on Putin's history of manipulating American presidents later on in the show. This is so interesting from Sean. We were talking about AI dominated warehouses with AI forklifts and the rest of it. Lights out warehouses are definitely the future. It was more than ten years ago. I stood in a huge warehouse and they essentially had a pilot program of one section of it was entirely automated, very close aisles, no lights. Through the silhouettes of the aisles, I could see machines rising and pulling pallets and bringing them to exit points.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you wouldn't need any lighting.
Speaker 2: Wow, and how much would that save you if you didn't have to light and heat or air conditioned to a certain extent. You don't want the machines to burn up, but they wouldn't have to be as comfortable as for humans. I never even thought about the same there and this we have time for this, No, we really don't. We got three more hours from beautiful Placterville California, pointing out that the California Bullspit Train, as now described by the folks building it, is now officially slower than taking a bus from San Francisco to La Yeah, because it'd probably take nine or ten hours. Yeah, you could take a bus faster and a heck of a lot cheaper. Oh my god, that's amazing. We've got so much more for you. If you missed a segment, get the podcast. Just look for Armstrong and Getty on demand. Armstrong and Getty