Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Heckmaharrison, De Montrey Moore, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 3: Oh one more, Gain tele a friend.
Speaker 4: It's the Players Lounge, spustored by Aristocrack Gaming.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the taj Mahall of Football.
Speaker 2: I got my.
Speaker 3: Boys with me.
Speaker 4: Were gonna talk football, We're gonna talk to the draft. We gonna check in. Welcome to the Players Lounge once again at home of your Dallas Cowboys and man another day to talk about this draft, to talk about all the different movement around the NFL Dallas. Y'all know how I do. I got my guys at the desk, former Dallas Cowboy players. The truth is definitely in the boot. But when I do a show, I always check in on your mentals. That's the number one thing, you know, because Hey, number one is I would never want to leave here and know that I didn't address something that I had an opportunity to address in my time with you.
Speaker 2: So let me check in with you. Demo's start with you. How are you? Brother?
Speaker 5: Man, I'm making it man, making another day, another day, just in the life and in the dream.
Speaker 3: Man, it's your world.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is. It is that. But that was shallow. Give me something more than that. Dog, I'm a pinky toe in there, man.
Speaker 3: What he said? Hey, I can't complain, man, just out here just trying to just trying to live, man, just trying to enjoy the draft.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm here with my brothers and.
Speaker 3: We locked in. Man, I already talked about some football.
Speaker 2: I'm checking.
Speaker 6: Man, like like the mind said, I can't complain.
Speaker 7: You know, the weather's been a little shaky here and there, but it's supposed to be warmer today. Your boys heading over to the Barron Nelson to check out the pros.
Speaker 6: See how see how they do it when it comes to the sticks.
Speaker 3: But nobody got it. I got it? Ye what you said, p G.
Speaker 2: I said, you playing?
Speaker 6: You know, you know, you know.
Speaker 7: The fam doing great, kids doing great, the excelling in school sports and all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Wife doing her things. So I feel blessed.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: I can't really can't really complain about much.
Speaker 3: My boy.
Speaker 6: You got you You're getting your your not your man?
Speaker 2: What's your the bachelor? Come on, you already got it?
Speaker 3: No, I do not.
Speaker 5: May the graduates had to make sure I had.
Speaker 3: That's huge, man, that's huge.
Speaker 2: That's huge. Welcome to the twelve percent.
Speaker 4: Yes, indeed that's the brothers to have their degree yselves.
Speaker 3: You're in the company. How you do.
Speaker 2: You doing? Hey?
Speaker 8: Boy?
Speaker 3: They let me in a building one more.
Speaker 9: Times and from the mahall of football.
Speaker 4: Talk about living a dream. I he's got this type of energy. Yeah, got us don't know, but fellas it is, we have to break down. We did all that talk months in advance about the draft. We talked about with the Cowboys needed we talked about all the holes that needed to be filled. But now the players lounge finally gets an opportunity to address how you felt about the draft. B C. You're the man that always said, man, it's it's so many holes to feel.
Speaker 2: Where do we even get started with this?
Speaker 4: But what was your What did you come away with after that last pick for the draft of the draft for the Dallas Cowboys? What did you come away with? Grade wise? And you're feeling on how the front office did.
Speaker 7: Man, I'm not gonna sit here, it's sugarcoated or lie to you can't do that.
Speaker 3: Can't do that.
Speaker 2: But I loved it, Man, loved it.
Speaker 7: I loved what they were able to do in this draft, especially that first round pick, because we talked about it pretty much the week's leading up to the draft, the Trenches that was I feel like that was the consensus around here. Like, you know, knew he of course wanted to go with that wide receiver Arizona.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that week.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but the Trenches needed to dress offensively defensively. I was like, man, we gotta get some players in there that one could be. You know, they can go out there and maybe be Day one start, especially on the office side of the football. With that first round pick, I believe he's going to be a Day one starter. You're talking about a guy from Alabama who's known about that championship pedigree, who knows how to win games. He has that nasty dog mentality, all right, and I'm talking about the guard that draft and I'm Tyler Booker.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about Tyler Booker here.
Speaker 7: Nasty dog mentality and you gotta have that in the middle of that offensive line.
Speaker 3: That's what we needed.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 7: Last year, you saw the pressure that was coming after Dak Prescott.
Speaker 3: It was in the middle of his face. It was in the middle of his.
Speaker 7: Face, and that's the one place that quarterbacks hate to get pressure from. When you coming from the outside, you can step up in that pocket, you can manipulate the.
Speaker 3: Pocket, you can get the job done.
Speaker 7: But when you got guys you know, from all type of angles and in front of you coming towards you, it makes it hard. And I feel like with that pick, that helps solidify a gap that that offensive line had. We lost Zach Martin to retirement, Hall of Fame career right off into the sunset, much much, much deserved for him, and we needed somebody to fill that void, all right, So we got Tyler Booker. I feel like he's gonna be a day one starter in there. The center situation, you got Cooper or Cooper bb in there at the center situation, you got Tyler Smith. That left tackle spot, that's the one that's kind of bigger question. That's the bigger question. But hopefully, you know, our guy can make a a second year leap similar to what Terren Still did with his second year because he was up and down his first year starting out there. Then he made that leap the second year, and then you know, last year kind of went back down. But if he can make that leap, I think you solidified at the offensive line and we can get that run game go and get.
Speaker 3: The pressure off of Dak Prescott.
Speaker 6: But overall, I liked what they did in the draft.
Speaker 7: That second round pick from Boston College, the defensive end, his name is escaping me. I didn't want to butcher his name, didn't want to butcher his name out there, but I like what they did. I love what they did with those first two picks. You got an athletic guy coming off the edge. We were looking at some of the numbers before the show, and he has that good change of direction. I'll let you I let demnd Trace speak a little bit more on him because he you know, he hears from through the grape vine what this guy can bring to the table. But my first initial thought process on this draft is I felt like the Cowboys they filled much needed holes. There's still some holes that need to be filled, but the priority list, I feel like they knocked at least the first two three spots that they needed to out the park.
Speaker 4: Before I asked you this question because it's kind of layered my question to you because you know, surprisingly enough, I never got drafted, neither or not, I never got a mayor come back, shut up?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 4: What is the feeling on draft night for a player that is put in all the work, done, all the prep and then you get the call from one of the thirty two teams in the NFL, and you now you know what city you're going to, Like.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: What is that feeling?
Speaker 5: Like demontray Man, that feeling is like PTSD for me, y'all over here making the scene. I kind of had the what he said, the Sanders effect on my draft night. I was expected, you know, projected coming out number one, number two overall pick in this round, and then had a bad combine and slid all the way down to the third round, eighty first pick. So when I dropped down, it was kind of like I had everybody there the first like, you know, leaving out as a true junior. I'm like, yeah, I'm gonna be going to New York. Okay, I ain't gonna go to New York because I might be going in the bottom of the first round. And then, like you know, you got your people that are celebrating the first day, and it's like you gotta go there with pride and be like, well, y'all, sure tomorrow, don't worry the man tree y'alling, but you know we might be on TV again.
Speaker 3: And so going through.
Speaker 5: That whole process, it was kind of like I was mad. I was bitter about it, But when you finally get your name called, it's like, all right, it's time to go to work, Like it's time to get here, and like I had that chip on my shoulder and like now, looking back, I put a lot of pressure on myself, but I'm appreciative of it because, like you said, there's some guys that have never been drafted and stuff like that, and so a lot of old people tell you are OG's in the game or people that they tell you, enjoy the process, enjoy everything that comes with it, because when it's all said and done, it's like, man, just to hear your name.
Speaker 3: Get called on draft night, it's special. You're a one center. And then after that, like to be in.
Speaker 5: The first three round, like first three rounds, like you're pretty much guaranteed your job unless you do something just astronomical that mess up that you're you're going to be there for that year. So it's a great experience of looking back on it. But that day, I tell you, I was mad. Actually probably about the first three years. Every time I watched the draft, I was bittered. I had PTSD. But with that being said, you got over it. It was twelve years playing, so you know, hey, man, I did I did more than most. But yeah, like you said, it was a great experience. But anyways, let's get to these draft picks. The Cowboys. What how did you feel about the boy? You know, I came in here excited, like my boy said, I heard through the greape vines. Won't say who told me, but this second round draft pick, oh man, if he come in and do what he was doing in the senior boat, he said, arguably he was one of the best defensive ends, if not the second best one there that like improve their stock, that has that dog mentality I'm talking about. Like the person that I was talking to, they said that they've been around like great defensive linemans, and like his mentality was kind of like a Cliff April, the type of mentality like he can take control of that room and be a leader, but he doesn't care about people following him, like he has that leader amongst men mentality. And so to pair him up with Micah coming in change a direction, learning from under him.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited about that because the whole off.
Speaker 5: Season we was talking about who can we get on the edge, who can we pair up with him? So, like we know Michael is going to do his thing, but if he can at least have somebody take that pressure off of him, and then you paid up Osa in the middle.
Speaker 3: I'm liking the way the d line is going.
Speaker 4: I wanted this guy as the first round pick we got Tyler Booker.
Speaker 3: It was only two guards that I wanted in that first round and he has one of them.
Speaker 5: And it like to se him come out like you're gonna have that energy from him, like to see a big guy. He didn't come out mean or nothing like that, just strolling like that man was excited when he got his name called, ran out there, did a high jump and everything like that. I want to see that, like I want to if you're going to have that when your name is being called, wait until he gets in his element. He comes from that championship pedigree Alabama we're talking about knowing how to win, knowing that it's a certain standard that those guys are pro ready, so for him to come in and knowing the pressure that's going to be him, Like, I couldn't see nobody else that's ready to step in there. I think he's a Day one pluggin guy. And then you got some big guys towards the end of the draft. Yes, I won't speak on the East Carolina kid. I'm not sure, but he's in the third round. I'm assuming that you know something that I don't, but Carolina, Yeah, yeah, But like I said, these first two picks going from there, and then in the back end, we got some offensive lineman that I was looking at. I feel like we added a lot of good depth pieces. Now I just want to see who's going to be the guy. I'm letting it know him right now that I'm saying the second round pick is going to be the star of this draft class. But I don't know what every draft pick, there is always a guy that you don't expect that like that becomes that guy you have fifth or sixth round pick. So I want to see from these guys on this back end, who's really going to make their name and it starts tomorrow with this rookie Minnie camp.
Speaker 4: And yeah, that's setting up and it's going to be rooky Minni caamp starts tomorrow. As you just stated, veterans. Everybody's in the building talking to coaches right now as well. But I think it's interesting for me. I thought, for one, that this was one of those few draft, one of those drafts where I felt like Jerry did not listen to fans. He went right down the board with what he needed understanding like this was one of those solid drafts that you look back position one all the way through seven and said, y'all addressed me right away. Y'all, y'all address this team's needs in a way that automatically you make the offensive line based off of that Booker piece.
Speaker 2: You add some depth there.
Speaker 4: When beforehand we were talking about it, who are these guys are you gonna start this season with? And the same moment with as a as a rock who as well? I think you bring in pieces that can help you immediately what we say off the bus, Off the bus, if got the running back to don't let me James Blue, I forgot. I forgot to address him off the bus. He's another guy that's gonna be like, wow, yeah, like that running back.
Speaker 3: You gotta still like.
Speaker 2: No, you got you got something.
Speaker 4: You got something in this here gives it gives you an opportunity because I felt like there were some position groups that got better, rooms that got better through the draft, And I'm interested to know who you guys thought got better, what room got better through the draft?
Speaker 3: What you got Trey me, Yeah, I'm biased. I like the D line.
Speaker 5: And then once I heard, like from a credible source like that to say like, hey, this guy like put your put your put your dollar on him. I think the D line got better because now Mike is gonna be able to do what he do. Then you're gonna have another booking guy, and then you're gonna have USA that's gonna be there in the middle, and we all know defense wins championships. And then with Ebra Fluz coming in getting those boys to hunt straight ahead downhill and then.
Speaker 3: Y for skin.
Speaker 5: I really think that this D line just solidified theirselves to make a running case or at least be be mentioned in the top if they do what they supposed to do. You have Michael Parson being who he is outstanding. And then you have another guy that comes in there with that al Famel mentality that doesn't care about the media and that's gonna lead right away. And then just a working three technique like that, I think the overall got better.
Speaker 3: But then also that offensive line man, like what you answer, and.
Speaker 5: That that single handedly makes you better, bringing that dog in, that plug in player like Bama sec ready, like those are the two position groups that got They got the job done.
Speaker 7: For me, Yeah, for me, you know, I'm a piggyback off of which you said. I think the trenches as a whole got better. Here when you talk about the Dallas Cowboys, both offensively and defensively, you look at the offensive line out there, you feeling the knee by you know, replace it, basically getting Zach Martin's replacement right there. We saw the growth of this offensive line throughout the season. Yes, they had struggles, they were up and down, but towards the end of the season they started to you know, jel as a unit and started to play better. Now you're bringing a guy with championship pedigree and Booker in there, who I don't consider him a project, you know how you know the past couple of drafts, was like, Oh, this guy's a project. You're gonna have to work with him. I don't consider him a project. I feel like he's polished out there. So for me, I feel like that offsive line definitely got better, and for sure the defensive line.
Speaker 2: I mean, you just said it.
Speaker 7: You talk about Parsons coming off the edge. You know what he's going to bring to the team. But that's a double digit sack guy, a game disruptor, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 6: He's coming off of the edge. And then you also got Dante Fowler.
Speaker 2: You know, you know what he like. He he's a freaking nation.
Speaker 4: People talked about him a lot about Dante Fowler coming back to the Cowboys. And also you put that you put this rookie in there with him, the.
Speaker 6: Rotation is going to be unreal.
Speaker 7: And you play the defensive like you understand when you get those fresh guys rolling, I mean the quarterbacks back there, like, man, I don't know what Williams.
Speaker 3: Williams coming his injury. You got also who just got paid.
Speaker 6: He's gonna want to go ahead and prove himself out there. He was a you know, up and down player last year.
Speaker 7: But I feel like if he can get more consistent, that middle will be a lot better.
Speaker 6: The only you know, caveat are variable.
Speaker 7: And I'm hoping, you know, if if it was a fifth we all understand if Bazzi, you know, can just take that consistently. But we saw you know, plays here and there where you know, he wasn't getting tossed out the club like he was his rookie year.
Speaker 3: He was being more style at attack what it is.
Speaker 7: You know that was a rookie year. Last year he got he got more consistent. If he can build upon that, I mean, you're talking about a solid defensive line that can hunt the quarterback and make things easier for that secondary that.
Speaker 3: I'm sure we're going to talk about.
Speaker 5: It, but I don't want to put I don't want to give them too much gas. But they literally can have the potential to be like the Eagles defensive line. You have those guys like that, and you have like a Brandon Graham that's on the that's coming off his back end, that's on the bench. We have that in a younger version, Dante Flower. That's why I said this defensive line is going to be scary. And then on the back end. I don't want to mention those guys because we know you got to make those roster cup but there you added the defensive tackle. You added the offensive tackle at the back end, like somebody is going to be that dark horse and this is going to get it's only getting better.
Speaker 3: And once you start up there in the front, you can leave room for the.
Speaker 5: Jayden Blues to come in there, the freemans to run like I want to.
Speaker 4: You know, I think when when you mentioned the Eagles defensive line, I mean, I look, there's still a Jalen Carter over there that I think is seriously so careful about that. I just I'm just saying I think that the defensive line, I agree with you. The defensive ends, we got better with bringing in as Roku from Boston College and also with what you already have on the defensive end.
Speaker 2: In the defensive end, I was surprised.
Speaker 4: I was surprised, honestly because we talked about this cornerback room with Trayvon Diggs being hurt, you know, and having to come back from injury.
Speaker 3: But the Cowboys draft drafted.
Speaker 4: The player out of East Carolina is Shaevon Revel junior and six two hundred and ninety four pounds. You gotta check the tape on this guy. Yo, yo, No, but we're gonna talk that one out.
Speaker 2: I'm talking to you because.
Speaker 4: You know as far as the DV goes, and and you've played in this system where you understand if you're playing playing that zone coverage and you got a lengthy corner back there that can just sit back off of it and then break on it like this guy Revel Jr. And his speeding ability coming. And again, this is a franchise that if you were coming off of an injury, they gonna They're gonna do all of their due diligence to make sure. And I believe that the doctors from the Dallas Cowboys did actually did the surgery on this on this young man. But coming into the draft, that was one of the questions marks over this team. Question was the secondary. Now you didn't address it so much as far as you know, hey, first round talent, but you got a guy that had literally a first round grade on him prior to the ACL injury. And I just feel like if he can come back and be himself from that injury which happened in September, I believe so it's a long time to rehab from that injury, prepare for the draft and all of that. Man, you so you're you're really you really hit one with with this with this pick.
Speaker 5: So basically you're saying, he's gonna be your dark horse. This is the project of this draft.
Speaker 4: This is this is a guy that if it materializes the way that you projected, he could absolutely be one of those players that can help you immediately because this defense needs Even when when Diggs was healthy and Bland was out, you needed a ballhawk style, physical style of cornerback.
Speaker 2: You didn't have that.
Speaker 4: And I think Diggs couldn't give you that last year because he was hurt. Bland couldn't give you that because he was coming back off of an injury.
Speaker 6: So when I gave it or Louis and so, yeah, that went.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna go ahead. I always doing that ahead, Hey tell your man the stock.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, so I'm not familiar with this guy. I hear he has the measurables. What is he run in the forty? Like?
Speaker 3: Does he play fast? Like?
Speaker 5: I want to know, like do he feel these voice He's a questions I'm asking, y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like he does feel those boys.
Speaker 7: And when you talk about the zone that eber Flues likes to run, he is a lengthy corner that can get hands on guys, physical, taller, longer guy that will.
Speaker 3: Disrupt these routes.
Speaker 7: And with with with Eberflus's defense is all about, especially in the you know, the second level linebackers in the secondary, it's all about having eyes on a quarterback, vision on a quarterback, and breaking and when you have if.
Speaker 6: We if this defensive line to get you.
Speaker 7: To the point where they do what they're supposed to, it gonna be I mean, it's just gonna be ads on a quarterback, break on the ball, make plays out there. And I feel like this guy also, if he's able to become that player that we think he can be, it gives your secondary flexibility because we were missing that slot guy. Jordan Liwi's great slot guy, but he's gone now. If he's able to step in there and play that outside corner roll people forget Bland was that was that nickel He was that Bland was that guy you know his rookie saying he was that guy in the nickel position making plays. So he has the flexibility to when they go to nickel. You can bring my guy Revel Jr. Put him on the outside. You can put a guy like Bland on the inside. I love Diggs, Digs more about outside.
Speaker 3: Guy got Bland.
Speaker 6: He can play both and he's flexible.
Speaker 7: So having this guy come in here, I think it'll bring more flexibility to your secondary. But I think it's still all predicated on how that defensive line.
Speaker 3: Do you think he's taking job?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, this is just you know, it's not what we're going.
Speaker 3: First, your first, second, and third round pick.
Speaker 5: They have the capability of coming in and taking somebody's job. And so that's why I'm asking, is this a guy that's coming in and really challenging one of those corners for their spot, or is this just somebody that's a plug in playing nickel right now? I think that you play a ball into that like being like a Jordan Lewis. Jordan Lewis came in straight in day one, plugged him into the nickel position. You knew, like, hey, this guy is going to be the starter next year or shoot, by the end of the year.
Speaker 3: He should have been the starter in his rookie year. He earned that right.
Speaker 5: So That's why I'm asking this guy, do you see him having that potential? You're saying six' two corner playing rangey like, that he has nothing wrong with the. COMPETITION i, mean that's one of the things that you probably have to add.
Speaker 4: THAT i wanted to ask the professional stat. Checker and then you, know the guy that PLAYED.
Speaker 7: dB i don't think he'll, YEAH i don't think he'll take the, spot but he'll give this front office and give The Dallas cowboys an opportunity to, say, hey if he's playing well, enough do we have to make sure we put all our resources to paying two corners LIKE i think it'll get you know WHAT i mean if he comes in and plays. Well i'm not saying, that you you, know Let blant walk or anything like, that but it gives you a little bit of flexibility towards.
Speaker 4: That that's a good. Sneak digs by the, way the fact checker the what we're gonna, do because what, listen we're gonna take a. Break we'll be right back on the, players. Loundes we got more in store. Professionals, hey They're Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Nation Kyle yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought You buffalo BRINGING nfl casino games that Show america's team on and off the. Reels aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football. Fans this means you can pick your team and play your. Team check out The cowboys themed casino games developed By, aristocrat a prown sponsor of The Dallas. Cowboys gambling Problem please contact THE Us National Problem Gambling helpline at one eight Hundred gambler that one eight hundred gambl E r for twenty one.
Speaker 1: Over Dallas Cowboys Game day is brought to you By Captain, morgan the official spiced ram of THE. Nfl THE nfl season is full of legendary tales on and off the, field and when you follow The captain within you stories become stuff of. Legends so gather your crew and visit follow The captain dot com to begin your. Adventure please drink. Responsibly Captain Morgan Original Spiced drum thirty five percent alcohol by. Volume Captain Morgan Rum, Company New, York New.
Speaker 10: York it's the official men's skincare brand of The Dallas.
Speaker 6: Cowboys Jack black And right.
Speaker 10: Now cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a, Playmaker your order will include a free Five peace skincare set and free. Shipping The Jack Black playmaker is four Of jack's favorites in a full, sized intense therapy. Wipball make a play for The playmaker At Getjack black dot com Slash cowboys with the Code COWBOYS. Vip that's Get Jack black dot Com Slash cowboys with the Code COWBOYS.
Speaker 11: Vip Raising caines presents the other rules of. Football rule, one any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order cane's chicken fingers is. Prohibited rule, twelve no crinkle cut, Fries texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal. Formation And rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver Of canes when it comes to Winning game Day Canes. Rules Raising Canes Chicken fingers one.
Speaker 3: Love Go cowboys.
Speaker 1: To The Players.
Speaker 4: Lounge get excited for the most DAZZLING dcc experience. Yet Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders on tours coming to a theater near. You witness live, performances enjoy and on STAGE q and a, session and even be a part of a live. Audition if you're In, Dallas San, Antonio, Austin, mitland or L. Passo mark your calendar for dates and. Tickets Visit Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders dot com slash. Tours look, well, well, well well guess who's Been? Zach, look, yeah you had to make it. Happen what's going? On? New? Yeah we got, Anyway so we opened the. Show we opened the. Show we were talking about the. Draft the only person to be drafted at this table is my Man, montrey and he talked about the. Slide, well you have to been you have to been sleeping under a rock if you haven't heard about the biggest slide in THE nfl, history and that was one Should sanders falling to the fifth round to The Cleveland. Browns so there are a lot of contrast thoughts on what, happened how it, happened and who made it.
Speaker 3: Happen there are a lot of.
Speaker 4: Different theories going, on and so, newly since you made your way to the, Studio i'm gonna start with, you, brother how do you how do you.
Speaker 3: Feel about the slide Of?
Speaker 2: SANDERS i don't.
Speaker 12: Care, okay he's on a, Team go, Play no play you In, cleveland they, say go through quarterbacks left and.
Speaker 3: Right good, luck good.
Speaker 6: Luck BUT i don't.
Speaker 2: Care as far as the as far as the track got.
Speaker 12: Agent should have got an, agent, okay should have played it.
Speaker 3: Better he did. Not technically he did not know His fajah was his agent and his.
Speaker 6: Representation he was mistake on.
Speaker 2: Him, yeah he was in this.
Speaker 4: Situation but here, again philosophies have the pendulum has swung back and.
Speaker 5: Forth So, montrey what was your thoughts on draft day For? Shador for, ME i really don't care, either like if. Anything LIKE i, said it's like HAVING. Ptsd i've been, there projected first, round sliding to the third. ROUND i felt like the world ended for me and like FOR i walk with that chipped on my, shoulders still do to this. Day BUT i don't never want to see somebody fall like. That, now as far as the way that they handled it could have been played, better but also with it being said like, rightfully so like you, said there's a lot of different factors that came into.
Speaker 3: It so he's on the team, now it does not.
Speaker 5: Matter you're, there it doesn't matter first man and first man. Out if, anything he positioned himself to be in the best.
Speaker 3: Situation because he could be like my man across from.
Speaker 5: Me the thing about people don't realize, that, yes if you don't go in the first rounder two, like, yeah you don't make those millions on the Front well guess what in those back, end you're on a two year, deal a three year. Deal, really if you're, good they're gonna keep you. There and if you're good like, that you get to hit the. Bank so WHAT i say to him, is this is the best. Opportunity like he's already made his money in, College like he didn't need that on the front end going in as a fifth round. Pick we all know if you're not in the first two to, three they're not expecting you to make. It so he's already ahead of the. Game if he goes in there and just play, football do what he do, best, like he's going to be in position to go get it on the back end and make it all. Up so he's in the, BUILDING i, say go over, there maximize the. Opportunity Joe flocco is your insurance. Guy everybody else there is, unproven so he can potentially be a starter day one if he goes in and. Do if he's the player that everybody is claiming him to, be the guy that he he's talked hisself up to, be he can be The day one starter and guess, what it ain't been done since that last guy over.
Speaker 3: Here look At Dak.
Speaker 5: Prescott he's the last guy to be, that to be a day one starter opening day and be fourth round to later on.
Speaker 3: Pick but you're doing it in the fifth.
Speaker 5: Round, Pick go show, people go prove people, Wrong like this is that time right? Now so as far as being there in that, thing like it doesn't, matter like it's all.
Speaker 3: Done like the only people that matter to is guys like.
Speaker 5: Us are people sitting around at the picnic table talking about, oh, collusion, this that and the Third, like, nah let's get to these facts of why you got, there how you got, there if we're really going to break it. Down but it doesn't matter there because guess what now you're here when training camp start or rookie minning camp starts. Tomorrow that's WHEN i came in there AND i was, like, yo who Is i'm about to earn this? Job when you came in, there you were, like hey, man it's a chip on my Shoulder i'm, undrafted and the one THING i can say about him THAT i will speak on watching him being a competitor and like loving when people challenge. HIM i feel like this is going to put that big chip on his, shoulder AND i.
Speaker 3: Hope he goes out there and balls out like.
Speaker 7: That, YEAH i mean the slide was, real you, know rightfully so projected first slid all the way to the Fifth.
Speaker 3: Only one person had them. Projected, yeah there was that male.
Speaker 7: Guy but when you look at, it you, know if those couple of teams didn't draft, Him i'm talking about The, steelers The.
Speaker 3: Saints The, browns that you knew what was going to go.
Speaker 7: DOWN i, MEAN i mean everybody you know last year's draft class was an amazing croper. Quarterbacks so a lot of teams got their guys and then the other teams they already had their. Vets so if those teams didn't draft, them you knew the slide was. Inevitable but like De montree, said this is he's got the best opportunity as far as the quarterback room he's going. AGAINST i, mean you, got you, Know Deshaun watson coming off of the all your, stuff you Got Joe, flacco who's a he's a good, quarterback but he you, know he might be seventy five years. OLD i don't know how Old Joe flacco. Is you Got Dylan, gabriel the third round guy in, there and then you got you, know our, guy you, Know Schador. Sanders so he hasn't opportunity to go out there and get and get the starting. Job i'm not gonna say he's the day one, guy because when you look at, it fifth.
Speaker 3: Round you gotta focus on making a.
Speaker 7: Squad all you gotta focus, on you, know doing each and every, day making sure the coaches notice.
Speaker 2: You AND i believe he has a talent to be able to do.
Speaker 7: That can he go in, there put his head, down be, humble getting that that playbook and make the most most of the.
Speaker 6: Opportunity does you have to be? Seen but if he's able.
Speaker 7: To do, that keep, humble keep his head, down getting that, playbook and make sure, he LIKE i just, said he makes short of coaches notice him each and every. Day he'll have an opportunity to at, least you, know make this. Roster could be a backup they, one and as a season, progressive he may slide into that starting. Role but he's in the best opportunity as far as team wise to make the team with that quarterback.
Speaker 6: Room so the, slide, yeah hurt him as far as.
Speaker 7: Financially you, know he didn't get those guaranteed millions at the first. Round people get like he had it in. College he doesn't really need that big time.
Speaker 2: Bread so y'all checking his round fifth round, CHECK i ain't.
Speaker 3: Checked So i'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: THIS i just agree with all three of.
Speaker 4: You and the deal is is that if you go into the, draft if you go pre, draft, okay and you check the, numbers look say it like, this THE nfl goes back to one hundred years and you have nothing but data to support Why shardor should.
Speaker 2: Have gone at least first two rounds in the.
Speaker 4: Draft, Okay AND i just go back over the last ten, years round one through five of. Quarterbacks and my theme is never to big up another, brother to tear another brother. Down BUT i have to Throw Malik willis into, this who went in the third round to The Tennessee. Titans, Okay chardure And, malik if you just put him on the same page, together are not the same. Quarterback shaduur almost fifteen thousand yards in college and also one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: Yards that has got to mean.
Speaker 4: Something and when you talk about the bus that have come through THE nfl that have also been drafted in those first three, Rounds Sure dour wasn't that when you put him in the fifth? Round you, know the trick back that you put him in from a fifth round, perspective you just said that you gotta what you gotta make the. Same this is a, Player this is a player prior to the draft that was what top, three top four picks to.
Speaker 3: Slide all the way to.
Speaker 4: Five, Now i'm not gonna claim, collusion but when in everdom has been a coach's kid ever counted against? You when when is it counted to the point that you, say, oh this guy is a top five and we know that quarterbacks have, slid but from one to, Five.
Speaker 5: Yes i'm say, five and you want this, one you go. Ahead, Okay i'm gonna say. This this is coming from a man that has dropped. Rightfully SO i dropped, because, hey the things THAT i was saying in the interviews might have contradicted what my coaches were. SAYING i had a bad performance at a. Combine we're talking about somebody that. Dropped first of, all nobody had him projected number, one but mail the, media like who with some credibility came out there and, said oh, man this guy is for sure locked. In did they say he was, Talented, yes he was talented second third, ROUND i think. So but as far as doing the, job going to, interview you did not do. That you did not go interview for the job that you. Wanted you wasn't A heisman. Winner you did not earn that right to sit out for you are not you were you in the. Room, yeah you were in the room because of.
Speaker 4: Something hold, on you Were you were in the, room just like you were in the room because of my, Brother Travis.
Speaker 5: Hunter you were in the room With so that's the. Receiver, okay you earned the right to be in.
Speaker 4: There, no you hold off the rest of the wide receivers that were on this team that went, fifth sixth. Round so you mean to tell me this young man put these numbers up with fifty six round?
Speaker 2: Talent are you gonna tell?
Speaker 4: Me, also The Travis hunters was the end, all the be all when it came down to their office At.
Speaker 3: Colorado come, on he.
Speaker 4: Was a big portion of. It he was a big portion of. It the kid is, talented but he wasn't first round. Talented, man what are you talking? ABOUT i just hold?
Speaker 3: On?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Exactly so what has he? Won what is this? Record?
Speaker 2: So what is? That what does that?
Speaker 4: Mean what Was Jackson dart's? Rescue what do you mean he? Played what was? It don't hollo, hollo are going to compare? That, right go back to the rest of the guys that you're comparing them to, temporaries so they. Win So Jackson, dark how long did he play AGAINST sec? Talent what don't getting we call it the WHOLE cc if we gonna go, there it's you, know what are you talking? About he played against He's so you're telling hold, On so you're gonna tell me that the talent level IN hbcu is the same level equivalent TO sec. Talent, Man steve McNair with like a, Word steve McNair exactly in a Few well we walked these halls with like of words. Different that's a different with like a, word that's a different FROM hbc trying to do a compare to THAT sec AND.
Speaker 3: Nfl for you're, talking you're talking about.
Speaker 4: You're talking about hold, on those guys that played in THE hbcu in those. Days that's the reason why the SB fbc came what they are because they took those. Players those same players are not AT. Hbcu there aren't some good players over. There i'm not gonna discrazy read this, accident but you're not gonna see and, say and you're not Twelve player of The year from come, on what are we gonna?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 3: Well stop? It what do you?
Speaker 2: Stopping what do you mean? Stopping what did he do?
Speaker 3: There what did he? Do thirteen to? Twelve? Like But i'm saying, no but what? Not but but and this is our problem as.
Speaker 4: Folks we don't sit here and, say, hey hold us accountable that you should have went in there and. Interview you went in there and did something that even The mannings didn't. Do The mannings didn't Say they just, said we're gonna skip out of here and do.
Speaker 2: That they just.
Speaker 4: Do they didn't know they did every interview they performed at The. Combine they didn't go to the. Combine did they go to the? Combine did they have a superior pro? Day you're telling me that what you've seen from his pro, day a private pro. Day when you held that that that was oh my, gosh that was lights. Out it was, everything and it was star. Studying so did people leave talking about the?
Speaker 3: Guy you?
Speaker 8: Did?
Speaker 3: Not hear one?
Speaker 4: Insider and that's that's one in the. Few So i'm picking out one in the. Few so the one of the few That i'm picking out that they doesn't.
Speaker 2: Merit, come, okay it.
Speaker 4: Doesn't it doesn't merit that the guy from B yu that also that went to the.
Speaker 3: Test, yeah we're not gonna be white.
Speaker 4: Man go, ahead my. Man, Okay so he didn't have a bad. Inn i'm just saying. This, look we're not gonna hold him accountable for none of. That, Hey, newly do you know that there are some bad news stations out. Here i'm sure you've worked for a multitude of bad news. Stations and if just so happened one of your children want to be a reporter as, well would you tell them to steer away from the bad news station because of your? Experience, well that this IS i was talking from a player's. Respective he or his dad is a.
Speaker 3: Player his dad is a, player but he that, Player but he's not that.
Speaker 4: Player and that's WHY i am upset or disappointed about the whole situation that you have to take off the rose colored glasses and, say, son you are not. Me you did not run a four to. Three even his dad performed at the. Combine you're telling me his dad the goat of the. Combine he did something out. There and when he did, something and that's when he, said, Hey i'm running out of here And i'm not doing nothing. Else he went out, there he had the, credibility he won the, awards he had to accolade to, say, hey my cleats are. Off you did not have all of. That you have to, yourself de. Montre are you telling me that you had or just saying this as a fifth round? Pick AND i did not have him as a fifth round. PICK i did not say. That he did not. Ask, No i'm not saying, that BUT i promise YOU i did not have him in the first round.
Speaker 3: PICK i had him.
Speaker 5: IN i, said if he went out there and played and did what he was supposed to, DO i had him a second year round. Bet but your dad's name, helped you, know to play you into that first.
Speaker 2: Right, Hey i'm not.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get a New we're gonna take a, break, right it would be right. There bully, me bully.
Speaker 7: Me how do you tell the world about all the great gifts and The yeti store letter Rip.
Speaker 13: Troy all, right, folks doesn't get started With Yeti French press And joorkalver the this stays hot for hours And French press.
Speaker 3: Thirty four ouns FOR u six four for the cruise Of Yetty French.
Speaker 13: Press what mixed waterproof, bags bags of waterproofs and wersale waterproof, doubles waterproof bag, bags sports mostly water should get a Waterprooved yetti bagg glat smell something cooking Pot new cast iron skillets make to be passed down Like mama's. Recipes you take a, steak corn, bit commerce pot pine and potatoes next ovo with three sizes of The yetty cast iron.
Speaker 14: Skellets gear gifts and product experts visit The Yetti store on McKinney street and At South Lake Town.
Speaker 10: Square today life is.
Speaker 15: A, workout And Smoothie king is here to help you power, through whether you're maxing out overhead, presses pushing through chest, flies or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that Scary. Bridge Smoothie king has the fuel to help you go all, out build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of, protein zero grams of added sugar and delicious customizable ingredients and The Gladiator smoothing available in, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only At Smoothie.
Speaker 10: Kit it's the official men's skincare brand of The Dallas, Cowboys Jack, black and right, Now cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars, order plus because every deal needs a, playmaker your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free.
Speaker 3: Shipping The Jack Black playmaker is four.
Speaker 10: Of jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy. Wipball make a play for the playmaker At Getjack black dot com Slash cowboys with the Code COWBOYS. Vip that's Get Jack black dot com Slash.
Speaker 6: Cowboys with the Code COWBOYS. Vip Hey cowboy.
Speaker 14: Fans I'm Dak, prescott quarterback of The Dallas, cowboys but Lately i've been learning a new.
Speaker 3: Game crypto sound, Confusing don't.
Speaker 14: Worry even us pros were rookies And crypto. Wants that's WHY i trust blockchain Dot. Com they make crypto, easy no confusing, jargon just the tools to help you.
Speaker 6: Win Rush scott kits it slid for the first.
Speaker 14: Down investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain Dot com.
Speaker 11: Perfect Throw my, Goodness wow did he ever thread the?
Speaker 14: Needle visit blockchain dot Com Slash cowboys to get.
Speaker 3: Started back to the Players.
Speaker 8: Lounge we're back. On we're back on right.
Speaker 3: Now god y'all this boy that escalated.
Speaker 4: Quickly this, summer step up into the field With Dallas Cowboys Youth football And Dance camp presented By. Invisiligne athletes of all skill level ages six to sixteen are invited to learn from FORMER nfl players and The Dallas cowboys cheerleaders at The Ford center at The star In. Frisco campers have the chance to learn technical skills and lessons of. Teamwork registered Before may nineteenth to save twenty five, dollars Visit dallascowboys Dot com Slash camps to learn.
Speaker 2: More this is the Players. Lounge this is how we get, Down.
Speaker 3: This is how it. Goes, Brother.
Speaker 6: Nuiet we got a minute left in the.
Speaker 2: Show, yeah we got a minute left in the.
Speaker 3: Show i'm, SORRY i want to GET i will get him. Right get.
Speaker 2: One thing we know.
Speaker 12: About so you bring up the statistics into things That shade Or sanders did and after the, Season, yes you can stand on that, business but we do know. This AND i saw this happen With Achille smith Because Joby, brandon who.
Speaker 2: Was once your.
Speaker 12: AGENT i Watched joe when he was working With Lee seiberg Take achille from being basically a guy before the season was a quarterback he's okay to being Co pac Ten player of The. Year and they had him in the conversation With tim kashould be the number one. Pick he didn't go number. One couch went, One donovan McNabb with number, two And Achille smith with number. Three they as, agents they played the. Process they knew what to.
Speaker 2: Do it's.
Speaker 6: Agents they got it. Scored they did all that.
Speaker 12: Work that you needed to do behind the scenes and who to talk to and how to Get achille up.
Speaker 6: There they knew how to do.
Speaker 12: That that's a process where you can look at this right now and say The sanders family misplayed.
Speaker 6: That it's clear they misplayed it along the.
Speaker 12: Way and now we're starting to hear more things about who you talked, to didn't want to talk, to didn't go do, this didn't go do, that you didn't go do all the interviews as he was talking about to, say, hey, look come look at.
Speaker 6: Me and we know that.
Speaker 12: Every year there's gonna be some dudes that when they come, out we think they're, this and all of a sudden they go to a camp and they go and they start.
Speaker 6: Rising and when people, rise that means people.
Speaker 12: Fall trade just, said, hey, MAN i was the guy who was here in THE, nfl and that happened in this. Process we don't know all of it, yet but there's no doubt stuff happened in the.
Speaker 6: PROCESS i mean you saw shallow one out of the guy agent asked.
Speaker 8: Why thanks, DAD i get.
Speaker 12: Something so so while there was a, slide you do have to say, this they played a part in. It and that's the THING i want to make sure we say all day. Long, OKAY i, remember and it's a different. SITUATION i love Some Michael jackson back, then but he kept having on the court case like hey, brother what are you involved in? This you got sometime we got to ask, ourselves, hey how are you involved in what did you? Do you talk about new stations and going and doing. Interviews, man WHEN i came In channel, FIVE i TOLD i did something THAT i never did before in my.
Speaker 6: CAREER i told them WHAT i wouldn't.
Speaker 3: DO i don't do, this this and.
Speaker 12: THIS i still got the, job but at the same TIME i was working IN La so you can tell people what you will and will not. Do some people may, say, oh, okay thank, YOU i don't need. That his talent should not have dictated some of the things that they. Did should have done a lot more to show, people, who, hey this is this And bill, parcels we see he has a great. License perception is, reality and some of the folks took the perceptions different. Way Dennis, thurman who played here now standing defensive. Back when he was Here Thermostyase dennis was the defensive coordinator At jackson and he was on staff At. Colorado dean didn't make him his defensive coordinator Of, colorado.
Speaker 2: But he was on the.
Speaker 6: Staff he told me said she was a great.
Speaker 12: Kid he, Said man knew he would come and he would talk to us as defense because we didn't have any, issues and nobody there didn't did not dislike. Him somewhere along the way with these during this, process that perception.
Speaker 2: Changed didn't, translate didn't didn't come, through it.
Speaker 12: Changed SO i don't know what happened. There AND i had, said SAID, dt what's Happening he, Says. NEWIE i don't, know but he knew that. Guy and apparently that's WHAT i said about having an agent going through this. Process somewhere along the, Way, man you didn't do the things you needed to do to dispel some of the. Perceptions And trace talked about it before.
Speaker 2: That what was?
Speaker 12: It he said The saints to the team when they finally got when they finally got him to, building hey, man what we heard what we were told?
Speaker 2: You not that.
Speaker 6: Guy that's a part of the process and also part of the agent's.
Speaker 12: Process Hey, man how do we make sure we got the best you that's coming? Out because that clearly has not been displayed for the people who have been around Shoudor sanders and tell you that they like, him that somehow got mixed.
Speaker 2: Up here does the.
Speaker 12: Drop But i'll say, This i'm gonna saying, again dude probably went to the best place you can.
Speaker 6: Go because if there's one folk to go through quarter back carousel.
Speaker 12: Over Ups, cleveland the two plus places he could Let cleveland and the other one the guy who dropped big.
Speaker 6: Time quin yours with In, Miami, miami this other.
Speaker 12: One, HEY i mean right, now if you got a, quarterback start to get TO i mean right those.
Speaker 6: TWO i, mean you, know we don't know when two are gonna to a.
Speaker 2: Time we don't know.
Speaker 6: When it is?
Speaker 2: Time is? It you know?
Speaker 4: What let me say, this you don't. Know this was a great. Podcast, yeah this was the one Players, lounge stay. DOWN i want to thank all of you for for tuning Their Chris bean in the back always instigating my man number number Love, montreight love but Loveby, HEY i told, you.
Speaker 3: BROTHER i want my boy to do.
Speaker 5: GOOD i feel bad my sentiments like those are the last two Things i'm gonna say exactly what new he. Said he is a great, kid And i'm just mad that all THIS bs is.
Speaker 4: Done So i'm a, professional professional status. CHECKER i Will, hey we're gonna take. That we're gonna check. That we're gonna ride out on. That.
Speaker 3: Right we'll see y'all Next.
Speaker 1: Thursday this has been a production Of dallascowboys Dot com and The Dallas Cowboys Football.
Speaker 6: Club