Speaker 1: Welcome to the Rogue Recap. Hot takes, cold facts, and zero respect for the official narrative. Sit back, roll your eyes and let's recap rogue style.
Speaker 2: What's up and welcome to the Roague Recap. I am Linda McLachlin. So excited to be with you. It's been a couple of days. I was traveling again, and I tell you, guys, when you get on the road for work, it is so hard to get to a microphone, even for twenty minutes. So back here. Today is Monday, March sixteenth, and my main issue today is going to be the Save Act and the immense amount of bullshit being thrown at you the American people from the right and the left. Now, I think the lead of everything I'm going to say is the following sentence. Senators for the most part, are lazy, lying, and not willing to do a talking filibuster because it means that they have to actually show up and work. They are not used to doing that. Okay, what they are used to doing is going home on a Friday, using a working day a Friday to travel, then being at home on the weekend, saying that they're in their home districts with their home people in their home state, and they're representing their constituents, right, Okay, Then they use a Monday to come back again traveling on a workday, and then they don't actually get to work until Tuesday. Now, I will tell you that this is an epidemic in Congress, both in the House and the Senate. There is this very odd understanding that on Fridays and Mondays people are traveling to and from their homes their home states to DC.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you, but when I travel for work, I do not get a work day for the travel. I have to be at the work location wherever that is, during work hours. So it means I'm taking a very very early morning flight. It means I'm taking a very very late evening flight. I'm leaving after my last meeting after work. It doesn't mean that I'm getting a ten am flight in the middle of a work day because that's what's convenient for me, because you know what, that's not convenient for your boss, last time I checked. And by the way, we're the boss. So that's the high level. So supposedly Thoon is bringing the Save Act. The House passed legislation from April of twenty twenty five that Chipwary proposed and was passed by the House, and I think they've already passed it twice if memory serves, and now it's finally coming to the Senate for a vote. Here's the problem. It's doa This is, as some are calling it online, kubuki theater. It's all for show. It's for Thune to say that he did what he was supposed to do and he got this bill to the floor for a vote. The problem is, we need a talking filibuster. We need the people that are going to say they're for it to explain why they're for it, and we need the people that are not being honest about why they're not for it to have to also defend that. And many people are saying that this just takes too much time. I have no idea how it's possible for these people to get away with this, but that is literally what they're saying. They're also saying other really strange things. And let me just preface what I'm about to get into with the Save Act going before the Senate is thirty two pages long. Into that, again, the Save Act going before the Senate ver vote is thirty two pages long. It is available for anyone to read. It is not a secret. You don't have to wonder about what's in it or argue about what's in it, because it is there for you in black and white. The idea that people like Dick Durbin and Chuck Schumer are stating things like you don't have you need a passport and it has to match your marriage certificate, or married women can't vote, or it costs too much money people can't afford it, or Chuck Schumer saying that this is because Republicans are doing so badly in the polls, and so that's why we're doing this, because we know we won't win. Have you ever in your life said to somebody, I believe in this so much that I don't want to talk about it. No, if you say you believe in it so much, you want to talk about it. Conversely, if you don't believe in it, you also want to talk about it, because most of the time, when you're on opposite sides of an issue, you want to debate it. People who feel very strongly about something one way or the other will debate with someone who feels in the contrarian view. Right, So Why wouldn't people want to get up and say why they're against the Save Act? Why wouldn't they if they're so against it, if they think it's that demoralizing and dehumanizing and all the other bullshit excuses that they have.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So, Senator Lee of Utah has been probably the loudest and most prolific voice on this subject matter because a he has he really does have an incredible grasp of the law. He was on the short list for this report, as was his brother, ironically, and he really understands the rules of the Senate body. You know, a lot of people do not understand the process and the process, you know, legislatively behind how bills are proposed and culture and how they move forward. Your average American has no idea how that works.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: But what we've gotten to at this point is we've got the bill coming to the Senate, it's past the House. We have a Republican controlled Senate. Why wouldn't we we be able to pass one of the premier Trump policies. It's one of those things that he ran on was election integrity and making sure only citizens vote in our elections. And yet we are unable to get Republicans to align on this issue. And when you ask people like Murkowski or Collins or tell Us, I mean, tell Us is a real piece of shit. He's been a piece of shit. After what he did to the poor people of his state during Hurricane Helene, I was like, Oh, this guy's bad dude. There's nothing he can say that would make me feel that he is worth one iota of my time. Not to mention the fact that a couple of weeks ago we had a dog parade in the middle of Congress. I'm like, sir, we have things going on with Venezuela, Cuba, Iran. Oh and by the way, the Save Act. Oh and did I mention that we're on the cusp of a shutdown, because that was before it had happened. That guy doesn't give a shit. He's a bad dude. But he's another rhino, right not running for reelection, getting out, thank god. But the issue is we still got to deal with him, you know, to the end of this year, and he has a say in this vote, and people are saying, well, you know, we can't, we can't vote for this because you know, it's it's racist, it's illegal. You know, people don't know how to to show ID. What the hell do you think is wrong with Americans in twenty twenty six? Are you seriously telling me that people do not have ID? Are you seriously telling me that people that are low income individuals do not have ID? How do they get their welfare checks? How do they get their EBT cards? How do they get their food stamps? How does any of this happen if they don't have ID? Because all of those things require ID. Additionally, you need ID to vote in Congress? Did you know that? Did you know they have to put their ID onto a scanner before they can click yes or no to a certain piece of legislation? Why do they need ID? Do we not know that they're a member of Congress? Of course we do, but it is a further measure to say this vote is mine. The irony is baffling, right, And so it really comes down to a very simple thing. What are you afraid of? What are you so scared of that you will not move forward with the Save Act? So I pulled together a couple of things for today. The first one and I apologize because I can't stand to listen to it either, But it's important that we do because we have to know who these assholes are, right, We need to know who they really are. When they tell you, hey, we think you're too stupid to get an ID, we think not only are you too stupid, but you're too confused on how to present your ID when you get to a polling place. This is what Chuck Schumer is saying about the Save Act just today. You have to hear it for yourself. I won't do a.
Speaker 5: Justice called bill, And if Republicans try to burn time on this legislation here on the floor, we will oppose them for as long as it takes. Donald Trump and Senate Republicans know their numbers. They're sinking badly. They know the American people are souring on their agenda. They know with each passing day the prospects for their prospects for November get worse. So what do they do? Do they change course? Did they try to work with Democrats to lower costs? Stop the Iran war? Help lower.
Speaker 2: Is this guy kidding me? Stop grocery costs? What were grocery crosts under Joe Biden? What plans were you offering people when Kamala Harris and Biden were letting in millions of illegal immigrants to take away jobs from everyday americans. Did you care about how much it was costing them to survive then, when you were kicking disabled veterans out of their assisted living facilities because you had to make more room for illegal immigrants. And let me tell you something, I don't need to look up that up where I work in Manhattan, in Midtown, there were two you disabled veteran assisted living facilities on the block where my office is. And one day I went walking past and there was a bunch of people out on the street, more than usual, and so I happened to be coming out of the subway and I stopped. I said, what's going on here? And this guy said, you know, I'm a disabled bet, but they just told me they got to make room for these illegal immigrants that they're bringing in today. So they're converting this veterans building into illegal immigrant housing. And I was like what. He's like, Yeah, they're shipping us off to a homeless shelter because we're disabled, we can't work, you know, we don't get enough money from the VA. It was heartbreaking. I didn't have to watch that on the news. I didn't have to read a report that happened in real life when I was walking down the street and I saw all these guys outside, and then I see a bunch of illegal immigrants coming in with their seven children, going upstairs to move into apartment that used to belong to a guy who put his life on the line for God and country. I mean, think about how messed up that is. Actually, it truly just is like those are the moments when you feel the ultimate betrayal from your own country, right, and then you have Chuck Schummer saying that we are going to fight them. We are not going to let them win. If you want to know how bad it's going, we'll tell.
Speaker 5: You well, Bill, and if Republicans try to burn time on this legislation.
Speaker 2: Here earn time.
Speaker 5: We will oppose them for as long as it takes. Donald Trump and Senate Republicans know their numbers are sinking badly. They know the American people are souring on their agenda.
Speaker 2: Think about that. Think about what he just said as I play that a second time. They know that the American people are souring on them. They know that their numbers are sinking badly. Chuck, do you know the percentage of Americans that support the Save America Act. I'm just wondering asking for a friend's eighty four percent of Americans, Democrats and Republicans. It's been reported by CNN and MSNBC and PBS and NPR and every other liberal woke ideo log out there, and they all say the same thing. Regardless of whether you're on the right or the left, you want your vote to be safe. The idea that asking for ID to cast a ballot in a federal election, how that somehow became a bad idea, How that became racist, How that became anti immigrant? I have no idea? Am I against illegal immigrants along with millions of other Americans voting in our federal election to which they pay no taxes that impact any of them. Yeah, I got a real problem with that. If you are getting non citizen driver's licenses at motor voter, if you are getting Social Security numbers assigned to you, you are a part of the problem. And the idea that our government is unable to give them some sort of ID number that differs from a standard Social Security number just shows you how complicit they are in all of this. Because if you ever ran a business, you have a tax ID number. It's a completely different format than a social Security number. It doesn't look the same. The dash is in a different place, and it comes from a different database. Why can't we do that for illegals? If we have illegals coming into this country and you're that hell bent on keeping them here, why are you giving them American citizen social security numbers? That to me seems fairly fraudulent because now on paper it looks like they might be legal. So I guess your nefarious actions speak for themselves. And now that we're saying, hey, the jig is up, we've had enough, and now you need to defend your position and explain and why having documentation to say that you were born here, you're a citizen. You have your naturalization papers, you have any kind of documentation that shows that you are a citizen, birth certificate, naturalization, green cards, whatever it is. But this is not a good thing for them. They don't want that. And then they're saying, oh, well, there's the passport's too expensive. And you know, if you get married, it's confusing for women, you know, because their name's different from their birth certificate to their marriage certificate. What the hell are you telling me that people that are old enough to pay a mortgage and get married and be a parent and all these things are unable to keep their documents and a folder and be able to go down and say, yeah, I'm a citizen. What a load of shit. It's all so insane. If I told you that you wont ten million dollars in the lottery, but I couldn't give it to you unlessen until you proved that you were an American citizen, be lived in the United States, and see had the winning lottery numbers. I guarantee you come up with those documents pretty dimn fist, and you wouldn't have a freaking problem with it either. That's the issue that we have at hand. And while Schumer is saying that our numbers are falling and the American people are upset with us, take a listen to Harryenton. He's the polling guy on CNN. He runs all the numbers for them all the time. It's actually pretty funny to watch, even though I don't agree with the network. Listen to what he had to say this weekend about how Americans feel about Democrats. How are voters feeling about Democrats right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean democrats in the minds of the American public, are lower than the dead sea. What are we talking about here, Well, let's take a look the net approval rating for Democrats in Congress. You said of Kate Balwin, the lowest ever. Look at us overall, they are fifty five points underwater. They're approval rating is south of twenty percent. It's even worse when you look at Independence. Look at this negative sixty one points. That means that they're approval rating is sixty one points lower than their disapproval rating. Quinnipiac has been pulling this question for the better part of the twenty first century. They have never found Democrats, at least those in Congress, in worse shape than they are right now.
Speaker 2: Oh, Chuck said, day for you. I almost feel bad for you, except I don't because you're a lying sack of shit and everybody knows it. You have been screwing over the American public and the Yorkers for that matter, for a very long time. It really is time for you to go. And that doesn't mean that I want AOC because she's dumber than a bag of rocks. That's not who I want either, But it's really so disingenuous to stand there and say that we as Republicans are concerned, we're worried, we're you know, whatever, whatever you want to say. It's it's just horseshit it. These are the moments that if you, as an American citizen, are watching c SPAN or if they're there's a channel that you watch, and they happen to be covering him on the Senate floor and you see him say that, do you think he's telling the truth? Oh man, what are we going to do? Republicans are doing terrible. They're lying. They want to raise grocery prices, and gas prices are the highest they've ever been, and blah blah blah. Bro Donald Trump is single handedly changing the global structure of how governments are run. He is creating peace in the Middle East through strength, not through weakness, not through Kamala Harris and Joe Biden. When being asked what their matter of diplomacy is on Iran, if they were to threaten them with a nuclear weapon, don't That's what they said, don't. That was their big warning. The Ayatola was like, oh my god, look at these two yo yos could take them anytime. We won now you have Donald Trump coming in who has allies in Qatar and in Saudi Arabia, and he he is the type of person that is using those relationships because those individuals running those nations are fully aware that the Muslim clerics using this cult ideology of Islam over everything, that you can marry a nine year old girl, impregnated an eleven year old girl, beat women, and treat them because they're less than animals, cows, dogs, whatever the other analogies are in the Quran. All of these things. You're seeing women literally having their faces bashan by the heel of a soldier's boot who has been told that it's okay for them to kill that woman because she took off her hijab and she showed her hair. You think the blue hair freaks over here, whatever, stand up for that woman. They want to cry about Renee Good and Alex Pretty and how they were oppressed and how our government is a regime that went after them. No, they were protesters who stood and got in the way of people that were actually doing their government job and protecting the United States of America and arresting some of the worst illegal immigrants in the nation, carrying out cartel crimes that went so far as raping children under the age of ten, And these two assholes stood in the street and tried to stop them from doing their jobs because they have this narrative that they've been sold by the sorrows paid off Antifa. I oppose everything fist in the air, pre made signs, U haul trucks of rocks and water and weapons and all the other things. They have no idea what they're out there for, and they have no idea what they're protesting for, and they have no idea that it's all a lie. And meanwhile, somewhere is a child screaming for help. Is a woman being kicked to death. Is a woman being stoned to death. Is a household of people who don't believe in Islam being told that they'll be murdered the next morning because they are kuffier or an infidel. These are the uncomfortable facts for the liberals and the left. But in this case of the Save Act, right here, it's thirty two pages. Thirty two pages, you can read it any time you want. But they don't. They have the left leaders out there speaking and saying that all these things about the bill that aren't true. I'll show you another exchange now, Senator Le. I love that guy. He's a great guy, and he very calmly and very systematically disarms the left, not by yelling, not by screaming, always calm, because he has the facts on his side, and facts are very uncomfortable things. They do not care about your feelings. And Senator Lee has done a very good job of explaining. While we have Leader Thune and Mitch McConnell and Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski and Tom Tillis and all these other assholes saying that they will not support a talking filibuster, and then you have people like Dicky Durbin, who you're about to hear them in this clip, who's making shit up about the bill again, utter lies. Just read the bill. I hope somebody during this talking filibuster reads the bill. It would be so nice to do that. It puts everything to bed.
Speaker 7: Take a listen, which took great pains to go out of our way to make sure that no American, no American, would be left in the dark. Well, this will not cost them a dime, and no one will be excluded if they can't find their documentation.
Speaker 3: All of us should be aware of the fact of what is required by this act. When it comes to registering to vote, you have to present identification, correct, but your driver's license, which most people use in the course of business every single day, is not acceptable. What is acceptable is a passport. American do not have a passport. Those who want to obtain it so they can vote will pay one hundred and eighty six dollars in a way three or four weeks for that to happen. Secondly, you can use a birth certificate, but any person who has changed their name as a result of a marriage or a hyphenated the relationship has to find not only their birth certificate, but some correction of it to prove that they're eligible registered to vote.
Speaker 7: I'm happy to report to my dear friend, colleague, Senator Durbin from Illinois, you're in luck. We've taken care of that. When you read the bill, what you'll discover is that we've made special accommodation for those who don't have documentation or those who can't find their birth certificate. Maybe their house burned down, maybe they're dog eated, whatever it is. When all else fails, if you don't have documentation establishing the information on your berth certificate or what would be in a passport or otherwise. The bill contains a provision requiring each state to allow an alternative mechanism by which someone can buy attest station issue a sworn statement establishing the critical facts underlying their citizenship. It then puts the onus on the state to follow up on that and to determine the authenticity of it. States have access to their own records, States have reciprocity with other states, and are able to achieve verification of that. So we've taken care of that problem. And so I'm sure you'll be elated to hear that. And we look forward to having your affirmative vote when we vote on the Save America Act, which took great pains to go out of our way to make sure that no American, no American, would be left in the dark. Well, this will not cost them a dime, and no one will be excluded if they can't find their documentation.
Speaker 2: I mean, that man just undressed, Dick Durbin, And I apologize for the visual, but you know what I mean, Dick Durbin. First of all, God, there's so many things. First of all, when you get married, right, you have to present your birth certificate. You have to fill out information about your parents, you have to fill out information about your birth certificate, and you need to provide your birth certificate. If you do not have your birth certificate, you contact the state. To Mike Lee's point, every state has the records of its citizens. So then you go and you get your birth certificate. If you live in a different state than the state you were born in, you contact the state you were born in and they will have your birth certificate and you pay I don't know, twenty bucks, fifty bucks, whatever it is, and you get your birth certificate. That's it. It's very simple. They mail it to you. Now, when you get married and you have your marriage certificate, it says on your marriage certificate you are now taking this new name. It actually says it on their certificate that your maiden name will now be changed to your married name. And if your marriage certificate is in on your person and you have your birth certificate, all of that will match. If you were divorced and you changed your name back or you changed it again, all of that documentation also states these things. And if you ever lose any of this information. Your state and local clerks will have a record of it because they keep records of it. All of this has a very easy answer. Dick Durbin and Chuck Schumer and all of these other people on the left saying that we are unable to get these documents is simply them saying two things. I'm scared to death of you getting these documents owned by the way, I think you're too stupid to get them. I am baffled at the fact that these are sitting senators like Dick Dermot, who's been there since the time of you know Christ. I mean literally, he's older than dirt, and he thinks that we don't know where our documents are. And if we don't know where they are, And don't get me wrong, I hate paperwork. I'm with I totally get it. But you can get your birth certificate. I've gotten mine twice because I've moved, I've misplaced. It wasn't a different folder, I didn't know where it was. I have my marriage certificate. Sometimes you need a copy of your marriage certificate. Sometimes you need an original. So I've had to go back to the office and say, oh, we're applying for this, Oh we need this for this, my child needs to submit this, so I need to get more copies of my marriage certificate. All of this has easy, simple answers. Anybody that is telling you that they can't do this is lying. And so in as far as for Senator Lee to say, they can go to the state and they can have even an alternate mechanism and give them different provisions, how much more can we do? But they just don't want it because it completely and totally eradicates an entire class of voters that they have given everything to to let them still stay in office. Because they know the American people, the black and white people of America, we are sick of their shit and we are united in that, and that unison is the one thing they never expected. So now that they know that Black America knows their full shit and White America knows their full shit, they've got to turn to illegal immigrants to put them back in office, or at least keep them there for a little while longer. It is disgusting. And speaking of being there a little while longer, there were two videos that came up recently on social medium of Susan Collins and one is of Mark Warners they're equally terrible, two different sides of the aisle. But both of them promised when they got in office to never be in office more than two terms. Right, And when you win the Senate, you're in office for six years. You have to hear it. It's worth listening to because it just shows that they lied before they ever won, and they've been lying ever since.
Speaker 8: I don't want to be a lifelong politician. My view of public service is something you do for part of your life, not all of your life. That's why I've said that if I'm elected of the United States Senate, I will serve no more than two terms, because I think the value of our system is that it's constantly renewed by new ideas, fresh ideas, and fresh people. So Senator, don't lecture me about what the role of the United States Senator is. I know that role.
Speaker 2: So that was nineteen ninety six. He's still in office, just saying you do the math. Here's Susan Collins yet elected.
Speaker 1: Would you vote for congressional term limits?
Speaker 2: And I'd like to have an answer from each of you. Let's start with Sue Collins.
Speaker 4: I do support term limits, and I have pledged that if I'm elected, I will only serve two terms. Regardless of whether term limits law at constitutional amendment passes or not. Twelve years is long enough to be in public service, make a contribution, and then come home and let someone else take your place.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, fake news, another liar. I'm telling you guys, this is what they do. They lie all day long. They get in there, they get their lobbying money, their big pharm of money. They do speeches, they get called senator. They feel very special. They're not. They're lying sacks as shit. Their time is up. Please support the Save Act. Call your senator two two two two four three one two one. That is the Capital switchboard, and ask for your senator's office and tell them to vote yes to the Save Act, yes to a talking filibuster, and get them on the record. The time is now. We cannot wait. This is Linda McLachlin. You have been listening to the Rogue Recap. Please check us out online at Rogue Recap at Linda mick rogue recap dot com. Be back here tomorrow and we're gonna be watching this all week. Everybody, be safe, Pray for our troops. We'll see you tomorrow.