Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George Norrey with you, Vicki Joy, Anderson with us. Our website is linked up by the way at Coast tocoastam dot com. We're going to take calls with Vickyjoy next hour. Share your stories with us. If you've suffered from sleep paralysis or you have night terrors as well, jump aboard. Is there a distinct difference, Vicki Joy, between sleep paralysis, which seems medical, and night terrors, which seems like evil entities?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is a difference between the two. I do think evil entities come into play in both scenarios. Night tiers, for the most part, seemed to target young children. It seems to be something that happens in adolescence. A lot of times sleep paralysis begins at puberty or hits at puberty. This is of course generalization. They can hit it anytime, but many people with sleep paralysis also report shadowmen, hat men, alien grays, gargoyles, blacker than black shadows, fighters, makes demons, gargoyles, and you name it. So we definitely see the presence of entities in sleep paralysis scenarios as well.
Speaker 2: Are some of them seeing entities, you know, like shadows on the wall that the a light may be casting. It's almost like that scenario with clouds where you look at a cloud and you see a face and there's really no face, but it looks like it. Is that possible.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, there have to be several things at play for it to be a legitimate sleep paralysis encounter. There are levels of dread and fear that accompany it. That's not just I think someone's broken into the home. There are disembodied voices, typically in one's head of pretty much everyone collectively reports a feeling that their soul is in jeopardy and that they're going to be dragged to Hell or into the abyss, and so there's a sense that one cannot move, they're paralyzed. There's a lot more going on. So if it's just the saddle by the door, and the chances are you've got a cat or a street light.
Speaker 2: Issue, how did these vampires get into this picture?
Speaker 3: Well, actually, I think that initially back in the day, that's what they were. You know, we've sort of demoted this cast of characters down to one dimensional beings. They're nebulous, they're vague, the shadow man, the hat man, the graves, and so they just seem like shadowy figures. But in ancient lore and Mesopotamian law, in particular the lamashe To, they actually had names George, and they had dentities and personality traits, and they were worshiped even though they were feared, and so La Mosque was dubbed the demon Lord, the Goddess of monsters, the mother of beasts, the mistress of insanity, and other cultures had their own version of Lamastue. There was a Lamia and the Lolo Lombilou, and of course Lilis as most of us have heard of. And these were nights stalking demonesses who would come out at night and would take the life force of women and children and defenseless people as they slept. So in the original backstory lore, before they became these one dimensional hat man shadow man, these were real gods and goddesses in various pantheons and were worshiped as entities that were real and were considered to be gods and titans.
Speaker 2: Now are most of these entities evil and bad? Are there any good ones? Here?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, there can be good and bad entities that we interact with in the spiritual realm. I mean even you know in the Bible we have angels that come down, and we have examples where characters would go into the third Heaven and see the throem of God. And so I think a better question then, are they are they good or evil? Is are they safe or are they dangerous? And why that's a better question is because whether good or evil, not, any of these entities are what I would classify as safe in the sense that they're not our thesies. So they aren't They're not necessarily going to think, act, behavior, emote the way that we instinct instinctively believe that they will or they should. So I think that we have to be careful letting our feelings and our emotions lead us, because there's a lot of people that encounter evil entities that experience you fouric feelings of love and light. And then there are people that experience good or angelic beings like those in the Bible, that were terrified when they came into contact with these beings. So we need a better litmus test than how good we felt or how faith we felt when we were in the presence.
Speaker 2: Of one of these things, think you joy, what do they want? What's their endgame?
Speaker 3: Well, I think there's a short term easy answer, and there's a more long term complex answer. In the short term if you go with sort of the theological dictionary definition of a lot of these entities. For the ones that are disembodied spirits, whether they're the dead or they're the nepheline, depending on your worldview, they have lost their bodies. They're looking for vessels because they vicariously want to enjoy being human. They want to re engage with the five senses. They want to be able to touch and taste and feel again and experience emotions. So they're feeling in their disembodied state, they are unable to get a full sense of being alive, so to speak. But the longer, more complex answer to that, George, would be that they do want allegiance. There's a reason why these were considered gods and goddesses to the ancients, because they did elicit worship and devoce and from those that saw them.
Speaker 2: Can they be stopped.
Speaker 3: Absolutely easier than most people think. This goes back into the idea that these are vampiric entities. And just like in Hollywood and in the romantic tales of vampires, there's this rule, this unwritten rule that a vampire cannot bother you unless it's given invitation and it steps over the threshold. And likewise, if it is not given invitation, or it has denied that invitation, or it is told to get out, this is really their kryptonite. And this is where our power life. They really cannot harass us if we don't want to be harassed, and if we've opened a door somehow, we only need to figure out how to close that door.
Speaker 2: I noticed that you dedicate your book to one of our guests, Rusts Dar, who passed away a couple of years ago. Good He was a good guy.
Speaker 1: Good guy.
Speaker 3: He was a great guy and a good friend. I miss him.
Speaker 2: When you were taking Bible studies at the university, did you ever expect that you'd be dealing with these kinds of entities?
Speaker 3: Not at all? In fact, Swords, It's funny. I remember one Bible class in particular where they were kind of starting to go into the you know, the fringes of you know, probably spiritual warfare or something. I don't know. And because of my experiences with sleep paralysis, I raised my hand and I said, well, what about the incubus and the succubist? And my professor gave me this very blank look, and it became very clear that no one in the room, including the professor, had any idea what I was talking about. And I had to kind of tucktail and back slowly out of the room. After that one, people thought I was pretty much a nutcase.
Speaker 2: Give me an example, Vicky Joey. Let's deal with sleep paralysis first, and then we'll deal with night terror second. Of an individual who had sleep paralysis as they were going to bed. Then, how have they told you their story?
Speaker 3: Oh? I heard a million of them, George. I love it when people say you never heard anything like this, and it's usually the twentieth time I've heard it. That's not to diminish the experience, because for anyone who's had it as terrifying, but most people it's really interesting, George. A lot of people will even have a premonition before they go to bed that it's going to happen. A lot of people talk about this, and of course the scientific explanation of that is, well, you become a self fulfilling prophecy, because if you're dwelling on it and fearing it, it's going to happen. But it's a very strange thing that unless it's happened to you, you won't understand it. But for those people who are unfortunately experienced in this area, the torment actually starts before you even fall asleep, and then when you go to sleep, it can start in the dream realm, so you're having a nice, normal, sweep dream and then all of a sudden, these entities enter into the dream world and most of us will say, oh no, not again, And so the torment can actually last well beyond the actual five or ten minutes that you're in the room struggling to wake up.
Speaker 2: That's interesting take. Now, would you say night terrors are worse than sleep paralysis episodes?
Speaker 3: Well, that's a great question. I've never had nighttares, but I've talked to people who do, and I guess the advantage to night tares is by the time you wake up, you have no memory of it. You usually are being told by a family member who you woke up that it happened. But even that can be perplexing because that's confusing when you're being told all of these things are happening to you that you have no memory of. And I suppose that is kind of one thing that they have in common with the uf with the UFO experiencers, because they've got some missing time and they understand that something's happened, but they don't necessarily remember. So the traumatic thing about the sleep paralysis is you kind of remember every second of it, and it can affect then your lack of desire to go to sleep the next night, et cetera. So I guess there's give and take. I mean, if someone asked me which one would you prefer, it be kind of an ironic wager because no one would prefer either one. But I think the danger in both of them is whether the experiences are remembered or they're not, whether they're traumatic or they're not. I think that there's other things going on during these experiences that attach or piggyback from the ass for realm into the physical realm, and that I think is what's dangerous about it is the part of the experience that we remember isn't necessarily the whole of the experience, and so if someone is trying to deal with getting rid of it, or they're trying to close doors, or they're trying to make their peace with God, or whatever they are doing to rid themselves of this harassment. They probably don't even have the whole story of as to what's gone on with them, and that's where it gets mysterious, and that's where it gets difficult to really get to the bottom of it, because I think that there's aspects of this experience ants that is, like in the UFO encounters, is wiped from.
Speaker 2: Our memory of the two episodes, sleep paralysis and night terrors. Are they just both bad or is there one worse than the other?
Speaker 3: I think that they are both traumatic experiences for the people that experience them. I think with a lot of people who have nighttares, it's many times it's accompanied by sleepwalking. So even if they don't necessarily remember the dream or they don't remember screaming, a lot of times they'll wake up having slept walk and they'll be disoriented, and it's especially terrifying when they've made their way out of the house. I had a close family member who had nighttares and would sleepwalk and was found out in the street quite often. Many people who have talked to me, have said that mom and dad would find them in the front yard or down the street. So that's kind of what makes nighttaars a little risky and dangerous. But I think that the things that make it most dangerous, it's not that you're going to die in your sleep or or something like that. You know, the horror movies like to make it out to be like, you know, Dracula is going to come and suck all your blood, or you're going to die or something. The side effects of these experiences that are the most kind of depleting are the fact that there are attachments that come into the physical realm with you. And that's what most people who call me are complaining about, is the exhaustion and the mental and the physical ailments, and the confusion and the torment that is following them into the physical realm when.
Speaker 2: You're having a nightmare. Is it possible you're having night terrors.
Speaker 3: It's definitely possible. But again, most people with night tears do not have a memory of it, So if they're having a nightmare, they're probably not remembering the dream either, or they would say, you know, hey, I don't remember screaming or sleepwalking but I do remember having a bad dream, and most of them don't even report remembering having a bad dream.
Speaker 2: If these night terrors are the real deal, and these entities are visiting people, how do you get rid of them?
Speaker 3: That is that's the sixty four thousand dollars question, isn't it. And there's not a cookie cutter scenario because so many people are experiencing these things for different reasons. Some people are willingly and consciously opening the doors and some are not. Some are really perplexed as to why this is happening to them. And so basically, for those that are are willfully seeking this out, I would say, you know, if you don't want twenty raccoons on your back porch every night, stop giving them my dogs, right, you know, It's like, stop doing the things that draw them. But it's not always that easy, because there are a lot of people that have no idea why this is happening. And so what I try to do when I counsel people on the phone is let's find the source of these episodes, and let's get to the source and see what door got opened and what we can do to close the door. And this can be a multitude of things, George, and not all of them are the obvious ones. You know, if you go and you talk to a priest or a past or, they're going to say you open the door because of sin, or you played with the Ouiji border. The common answers that you get. But it doesn't even have to be anything that complicated, George. It can be trauma, it can be mental illness, psychotropic medication. It can be bloodlines, it can be ancestral things I'm done in the past. It can have to do with the home that you've moved into and the activity that's been there. So I try to work with everybody on an individual basis when they contact me, because no two stories are alike.
Speaker 1: Listen to more at Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern, and go to Coast to cooastam dot com for more