Speaker 1: Second date of day, Brooke, have you ever been straight up rejected for a kiss before?
Speaker 2: Oh? I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, besides what just happened in the breakroom two minutes ago when we reached for the same I'm talking about in a like a date or a shady dive bar scenario. Have you ever been shot down?
Speaker 2: I can't remember being shut down. I feel like men are always like, whether they like you or not, they're up for a makeout session.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's true. We have very low standing. Yeah, and that's why one of our listeners, Brittany, is feeling very confused because, according to her email, her night out ended with her lipstick completely unsmeared by kissing. So let's talk to her. Brittany, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hi, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think it's a bad thing. I mean, my husband was pretty prude when we first met.
Speaker 1: And now he's i mean total free.
Speaker 4: Yeah we didn't we kiss right away, but we didn't do anything else for a long Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good for him. It's the way around for you. You do the good stuff right away and then you kiss a little bit down the road. Typically we'll get to the kiss eventually, but let's start at the very beginning. Who's the guy that you met?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: His name is Ryan.
Speaker 4: Ryan, okay, and I'm just guessing you met him on a nap Is that true?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: The show?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What'd you like about him?
Speaker 3: Well, he wasn't holding a fish. That was a big green flag.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also I noticed he volunteers with kids. That was one of his pictures and I do too, and so.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's great and you too, So you guys can bond over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. What did you guys do for your date?
Speaker 3: So we ended up went to a bar? And so when we're at the bar, you know, we're trying to make conversations. And the cool thing about this bar is they've got a whole wall of board games that you can play.
Speaker 1: Because kids get to go to that bar, I think.
Speaker 2: It's because adults like to play board games as well.
Speaker 1: Oh really it was at bar last night.
Speaker 2: I connect four.
Speaker 1: These are adult places. So that's okay, that's interesting. So you played some board games with him?
Speaker 3: We did, and and my favorite is scrabble. That's probably controversial.
Speaker 4: People think it's I like it, you don't.
Speaker 1: I think it's a very romantic game to play with each other. Really, I mean, yeah, I guess it does depend on what you're spelling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 6: It's kind of funny you say that, because my idea was to kind of mix it up, and I came up with dirty scrabble.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I'm interested.
Speaker 2: What is dirty scrab What are the rules here or are there none?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: That's you're only allowed to say or spell kind of naughty words like nothing crazy but okay, like lick or slap. I think he played slap at once.
Speaker 1: Likees.
Speaker 3: Probably just daddy, Yeah, a lot of points.
Speaker 2: That sounds so fun.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it was so fun, like it totally set the mood. We were drinking, and we had great talks like it broke the ice. We talked about family life like it was I mean, laughed the whole time, Like it was honestly so fun.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, I get while you were confused you didn't get a kiss because like you're you're.
Speaker 2: Spelling naughty words, you are drinking.
Speaker 1: Can you tell us, like, can you bring us to that moment when you thought the kiss was gonna happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it.
Speaker 3: Was the end of our date, you know, when I was feeling very comfortable because we had obviously talked about all sorts of things and I'm a pretty confident person. And before I left, they said something along the lines of like, oh, are you really going to leave here without kissing me?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Is that nice?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think it's really nice.
Speaker 1: Just opens the window. They do it, but the tone of it is like, oh, really, dummy, you're really going to leave here with not without making a move on me.
Speaker 2: Everything is an insult like you thing. So personally, she's just being flirty.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I mean it is just it is a little bit forward and some guys can be taken back by that. How did he react?
Speaker 3: Uh, he got kind of weird. He said, I'm not sure if that's a good idea.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's not a good response.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, if you weren't going.
Speaker 4: To do it now, you would say like, well maybe later, you know, like you tease back or something, right, you'd be playful back. But that's not a good idea, doesn't like what was going through your head?
Speaker 3: I mean I I kind of brushed it off, like I tried to maintain my confidence and I wasn't going to press him that's not good.
Speaker 1: Is everybody else in the room thinking what I'm thinking? That he had some kind of disease or like some cold sore going on. They be covered up with makeup, didn't sorry, I'm that was my head immediately. Well, why else would he turn her down if they had such a great time.
Speaker 2: Because it wasn't attracted to her? I mean, is that the.
Speaker 4: Exactly you can be super beautiful and not be attractive to someone.
Speaker 2: How did you take it? How did you take it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the most important.
Speaker 3: I'm usually pretty positive. So I thought, okay, maybe he's we thought I was too tipsy and he wanted to respectful, you know, and he gave me a hug.
Speaker 2: Remember, I like that angle better. That's much kinder than mine. I apologize.
Speaker 1: But then now he's not calling you back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I'm here because I'm like, I don't I'm just confused.
Speaker 1: Now. That's what real gentlemen do.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, go for years and ye so much respect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just waiting for you to sober up.
Speaker 3: Yeah I'm sober now.
Speaker 1: Took a while to respond there, So that's good.
Speaker 2: She thought about it, you did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a clear mind and that's what we need when we come back and we call Ryan for you and try and get you your second date. Update.
Speaker 3: All right, okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: We just learned a new twist on the board games Scrabble thanks to our listener Brittany and her game Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm playing later at home.
Speaker 1: Because because it's called dirty scrabble, where you only put down suggestive and flirtatious words to really set the mood moist, Mama's mancakes.
Speaker 2: Oh kay is a good letter to play.
Speaker 6: Score.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but if you can get a zaddy in there, that z is going to get you.
Speaker 1: Triple word score. Yeah. That one, one thousand and forty two points for Jeffy.
Speaker 2: I don't think you ever scored scrabble in your life.
Speaker 1: Don't play with me, bro, got too many naughty words up in this melon Melons. There's another one another forty points.
Speaker 2: But you've used all yours.
Speaker 1: Even though dirty Scrabble went great that night, the first kiss did not know, In fact, it didn't even happen because her date Ryan said, I don't know if this is a good idea.
Speaker 2: He said, it's not a good idea. There's no question about.
Speaker 1: It, which is weird. Because I think every single one of us in this room would have kissed you in that moment.
Speaker 3: That's right all the time.
Speaker 2: I think she also just turned us down. So yeah, which is fine.
Speaker 1: Fine, you don't think that's a very good idea.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm kind of lonely, so all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well I'm not going to put that information out. When we call Ryan, I'm just going to ask him why he's not calling you back.
Speaker 3: All right, that's probably a good idea, and then.
Speaker 1: I'll offered a group kiss at the end. He says, yes, but let's do it. Here we go. Hell, hey, I'm looking for Ryan. Yeah, and sorry, not just me, an entire room of people is looking for you. Jeffrey Morning Showy, did I win something or home?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: You made kind of yeah. I mean you're it's your lucky day. Somebody likes you. Anybody back, jeff.
Speaker 1: We're doing a segment on the show Ryan called second Date Update. You ever heard of that before?
Speaker 5: I think so? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, to jog your memory. It's where we reach out to people who've gone on dates recently to try and figure out why there hasn't been a second date yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the person that is interested in them reached out.
Speaker 1: To us, right, and the person who reached out to us is Brittany.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it sounds like you guys had such a fun night from.
Speaker 2: What she said.
Speaker 5: M yeah, I mean it was it was it was, yeah, she was the date.
Speaker 2: It was a day day.
Speaker 1: We heard you played board games. Some people love them, some people don't, see Ryan, That's how it works. She calls and tells us about the date that you went on, so that we get a little bit of the background information, and then we go to you to see if you can fill in some of the blanks for us.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, Well what did she say about the date?
Speaker 1: She mentioned going to a bar playing scrabble with a little little bit of twist on it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, forgot, I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: Was that fun?
Speaker 5: Yeah? That was that was great? What else did she say?
Speaker 2: That was kind of just you guys laughed a lot.
Speaker 1: She said that a lot of laughing, a lot of joking around and sharing happy memories. I think a lot of flirting, but not sharing lips. That was the big question mark for her was that at the end of the night there was no kiss. I'n that.
Speaker 5: Uh huh? Well did she say anything like about me, like about what i'd like look like or whatever, like what you look like?
Speaker 2: She said. She actually didn't mention anything at all.
Speaker 4: We just kind of assumed that she was attracted to since she wanted to kiss you.
Speaker 1: Yeah you handsome.
Speaker 5: No, no, dude, I'm.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to call her back. What's going on, man, We're trying to help Brittany out to get some answers here.
Speaker 5: Well there were dude, that's weird.
Speaker 1: We like weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well this is different.
Speaker 1: Okay, try us.
Speaker 5: When we were like we're playing that game the yeah, yeah, you know, it takes a while like come up with words or whatever, so you have to. You know, We're just like talking and stuff, and she keeps like looking at me and like smiling, you know on dates and people do that, they like stop and they just like smiling and they like let you see them smile or whatever.
Speaker 2: It sounds kind of sweet.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, except then I like I was, I swam back and she was like, it's crazy, you just looked so much like my brother.
Speaker 7: Oh that's not what I thought was gonna have.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, did.
Speaker 2: She like my bro like friend?
Speaker 1: Even that's not good.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I try to give her the benefit of the doubt, like she was making a joke, you know.
Speaker 4: Oh I could see that, Yeah, like trying to be funny.
Speaker 5: Sure, so I laughed and kind of went back to the game, and she was just like, no, like you you have his eyes, Like you just look so much like my brother.
Speaker 1: Oh no, she didn't take the hand.
Speaker 2: I mean, at least it was eyes, right, they don't tell me.
Speaker 1: That's when she was like, kiss me, you fool.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no. She had about the kiss at the end of the day. But I just could not get that out of my head. Like I was literally like, what do you want to kisch your brother right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like, oh man, maybe you're just like a generic looking dude. You know, I'm just trying to give her any benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 2: And I'm not tried.
Speaker 1: I she just guys at the store, and now you everyone looks like it. Look Ryan, We we hadn't heard that part of the story obviously, Yeah, of course, And uh yeah we should be asking though, Brittany about it. He is on the other line right now, and she wants to talk to you, Brittany, talk to your brother look alike.
Speaker 3: No, oh, my gosh, she's on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how the segment works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, okay, I totally forgot that that happened, Like that wasn't even on my radar, Like that was just some random comment, like I remember it now.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So you're saying, you admit he does look like your brother.
Speaker 2: Oh, or you were trying to be funny.
Speaker 3: No, he no, and it is funny. It's just a compliment because my brother's very good looking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, you're saying your brother is good looking, brother's hot, and I do look like him.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's a good thing because he's a good looking person. You're both good looking people. It's not like you said, oh, you remind me of my dad, or oh, you have the same hot body as my brother.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's what she means. You're not attracted to your brother.
Speaker 5: She just said he has a hot body, and he's hot.
Speaker 2: You don't think it's.
Speaker 1: I misunderstand it, literally any other man in the world.
Speaker 3: I just need to clear things up, okay, please, Yeah, my brother is very good looking. He has a very hot body. That's what I'm not is that so do you? And so it's a compliment. You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I know you're saying I look like him, but you're saying your brother has a hot body. Is your brother's hotter than me? His body's hotterer than me.
Speaker 2: Competition? Wow, this is rough.
Speaker 3: I've only seen my brother in a swimsuit. I haven't seen you in one, so I can't say I don't know.
Speaker 1: Next day the flex off competition between you and Brittany's brother, and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. She sounded too disappointed about only seeing him in a swim suit.
Speaker 2: No, she got to.
Speaker 1: Meet in the middle.
Speaker 7: Guys, I think you're too focused on the brother and she is like, clue, is how weird it sounds?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Me, I break you guys came out, you know what I mean? Yeah, never said I'm attracted to my brother, not once. I'm just saying he has good physical attributes, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, they've done all sorts of scientific research that say you end up like liking people that look kind of like you, and her and her brothers share the same genetics.
Speaker 1: And I bet her brother doesn't play dirty scrabble as good as you played.
Speaker 3: Oh god, that's gross. You guys, I've never played dirty grapple with my brother.
Speaker 1: There's something that you have that her brother doesn't. All right, I just told us before you guys got on the phone. She's playing with her family. But if you really want to stick it to Brittany's brother, then you should go out on a date with her.
Speaker 7: It sounds like she wants to stick it to her, and that way you can make Brittany's brother jealous.
Speaker 1: It's already been sold. What do you think, Ryan, We're gonna pay for that date if you go out with her.
Speaker 3: Okay, before you make up your mind, listen, I'm not attracted to my brother. Let's just be super clear about that. I thought that we had a great time together. I'm sorry there was a misunderstanding. And if you can just look past my hot body brother comments, she's.
Speaker 2: Been such a good sport about all of this too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, I'll do it, but under one condition. We have to just pretend that this never happens. No jokes about it, no whatever, We're just moving past it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm so glad he said that. I thought he was going to say three soomes, Ryan, You're my hero. Not a successful second date? Yeahs rookie Jeffrey in the morning. You know, I'm happy that guy didn't take it too seriously.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of us. I believe we got her another chair.
Speaker 1: We did We actually did it.
Speaker 2: I mean, even outside all of our jokes.
Speaker 1: Right, And I mean, if I'm putting myself in his shoes, I'd probably be freaked out by what she said to at least at the start. So it's good that we do these calls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, help people understand each other a little bit better.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And because it was like one comment turned into the entire reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I don't think she realized what she was doing and how she was saying it.
Speaker 4: But I think I took her about four minutes on the phone to realize.
Speaker 1: But once it finally clicked, she realized it was funny. It kind of helped us open the door to get another date. And yes, I know this was off the air, but Alexis, I do promise I will try and get you the number of that hot body brother open.
Speaker 2: Yeah you too, Yeah, dude, I'll take anything.
Speaker 1: Anyway. Remember you can catch all of our second date updates up on our podcast at Brook and Jeffrey wherever you.
Speaker 2: Get Yours, Get
Speaker 6: Yours, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning,