Speaker 1: He is drinks chests, motherfucking podcast man. He's a legendary queens rapper.
Speaker 2: He ain't s agreed as your boy in O R eight's a Miami hip hop pioneer put up as DJ.
Speaker 1: E f N.
Speaker 2: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you know, me and the most.
Speaker 3: Professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source.
Speaker 1: For drunk drink very days New Year CST. It's time for drink champions. Drink up? Mother? Would it good?
Speaker 2: Be stupid? Is your boy in O R E?
Speaker 1: What up? Is DJ e f N And it's drink You have a mix.
Speaker 2: Now me and e f N. When we started this show, we said we wanted to give it to legends. We wanted to give it to people who have put it in their time, who have put it in their work.
Speaker 1: This brother right.
Speaker 2: Here, I can physically, I can mentally say that if I say that, nothing won't crack you, I feel like, you know, a picture of him pops up and nothing won't crack you. His brother has faced you know, diversity. His brother has been through it all, from being from poverty to doing twenty years in jail. And I've never seen I've plenty of people who've done twenty years in jail, no plenty of people who've done thirty years in jail, but no one had a positive output, a positive look on life like this brother here. I used to wake up in the morning, look at his Instagram and be like, why is he outside in the rain. He's going to catch pneumonia eventually. And I would call his cousin up and I'd be like, and he would tell me, Now, cousins, the real deal. You know, I met him a couple of times before that. He did his time, but you know, him coming home has been a pure inspiration to not only me, I know people in this room, so I know people.
Speaker 1: All over the world.
Speaker 2: This man is really the definition of you can't stop.
Speaker 1: Won't stop my man, motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Let's get it, baby, and I want to get I want to stay.
Speaker 1: To write to that fact real quick. Right. A lot of people that I.
Speaker 2: Know in the industry, right, they have an act right So, so, which is not saying bad because even even Batman had to act right here, Bruce Wayne was his actor, or maybe Batman was the actor, right. So the one thing about you is you are I've never seen you like changed to this other person like you are who you are on camera off camera, but a lot of people are not like that. So how did you develop that type of mentality?
Speaker 4: I was always me, you know what I mean, I knew I knew, you know, growing up around the way, I was always funny. I was already I was already always down to do some goofy shit, you know. And and I was cool with that. Ree you laugh at me rather you laugh with me. It didn't matter to me. It was just like you know, but I was always battling the way in the hood. You know, you be battling with who am I right? That's some ship like nobody wanted to you know, because you know, I think all of us think we the first do is that did some street shit? You not following nobody, So you be battling with it. But I always knew, I just was they knew. While around the way, he was always energy man. He was always hype jumping over a car, doing some dumb doing some crazy shit, making people laugh. And it just always been me, like everybody known me from back in the day. Like while he always been like that motherfucking and crazy, hyped up, ready to catch a case for nothing. Always in and out of jail. I just was always energized. But a lot of times my energy was towards some dumb shit, a street culture, and I was able to go through all the shit I had to go through in order to transfer to energy, and I just kept being me. Know, it's hard as shit to be somebody else, right, that's hard.
Speaker 2: Damn I understand what you're trying to say.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's no it's easier to be you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, it's hard, like like it's hard, like you got to think about that. It's hard as shipped to be tough, because what what happened When the moment a mother fucker catch you and you got your tough mask on, you're chilling and you're just chilling. What you really ain't tough?
Speaker 2: S me?
Speaker 4: It is like, damn, I I ain't trying to be tough, so you ain't gonna never catch me trying to be tickets. You know, but think about the dude, you just trying to be tough and you're like, damn dog, you really a pussy?
Speaker 2: No, I ain't gonna lie. This is There's two things that I've seen recently about you. One is your wave here when you go out to catch the waves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you look very suspect. You're on the bike.
Speaker 2: You you a super virate out to day.
Speaker 4: Listen, you have no you know what happened? You know, you know what happens.
Speaker 2: You figging that pir always come on, you were drinking that pair of.
Speaker 4: Caute don't drive on the juke, you got sh I'm gonna get to that ship, that ship about to bike ride.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: So so so you know what's crazy is this is what's crazy, right, And I realized something. I realized that we don't live. We live. We take extreme risks in the ghetto. We'll run down the block, shoot somebody do this crazy shit, but we never take risk on living and.
Speaker 1: Just living life living.
Speaker 4: So my whole thing is like I'm just living life the best way. I don't care if you like it or you don't. I'm just trying to share my experience to show people from our environment. Like you know, it's another side of life, right, you know, it's the world outside the ghetto, right, you know, people just live and just have fun, you know what I mean? And that's why you know, if you see me with my kid on you like he got some EMC hammer bike you know what I'm saying. It's m mc hammer biker pants.
Speaker 1: He got over.
Speaker 4: Let's do this stuff. Actually it is like because you know, I said, yo, cause you know you got bikers on it. I never thought about that. But you understand the pants that I got on is a cushion in them.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, so you when you sitting here your ship, it be soft.
Speaker 4: So you got to have me for the rhymes and all that. So it's like, but no, I just don't give a fuck man and I and that's that's when I became free. And when I stopped giving a fuck.
Speaker 2: You know, I've seen a quote or I don't know if it's just a quote or I see somebody say and I asked or someone asked him and was like, yo, you know, how do you live life? And he says, you know, I try to live life like the day before I got out of jail. Because when you the day before you get out of jail, you think about everything you do. Because like when I look at your Instagram, I say this, motherfuck when I say, you're on a surfboard and get me laughing at you and you're holding the surfboard, but you're dead serious and he did seriously.
Speaker 4: The list the ship I wanted to do.
Speaker 1: I could tell that that was the list.
Speaker 2: Now now now correct me if I'm wrong. Was that the list that you had when you was in jail. You say I'm gonna come home on a Surfa war.
Speaker 4: I had all the ship. So what's some of the lists? Out of a plane? So I called Gil one time. I said, Yo, man, this was my forty forty forty three. It was like my forty second or forty third birthday. I got up that morning. I went to the spot. I mean, I went to the joint in Jersey. I looked it up on it because I'm a vicious search found it. Bet I'm going here. I call you'all open to day. Yeah, we open. Come down. So I go into this joint, jump out of a plane. They take you to this room to say listen, if you die, you die. It's a possibility you might die. If you die.
Speaker 1: I signed a waiver, say you got.
Speaker 2: To sign the homeboy behind you to see behind you.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm gonna give you the game. When they so, I put the drawing on it. So I'm like, I called gam. I'm like, yo, cuz, come down where you at he said, saying, ready jump out a plane. He said, make it the fuck out. So I FaceTime, he said, using that ass nigga, what is you doing? I said, listen, I call you when I'm done. You got to try this ship. So we get on this plane. I got the hornets on the plane shaking like a leaf in the air.
Speaker 1: So we look.
Speaker 2: The two doors are open. Right door, small door.
Speaker 4: So this white guy he clamped me to the bay like he's in back of me. Clip clip he get in back of me. I don't know if I was supposed to say Paul, but I'm not going to say that because I was.
Speaker 1: So he like this.
Speaker 4: So so the whole time I don't like like he like. So we're standing near the door. I'm like, because I'm right near the door, so I'm like, I don't know if I go first. So it's this dude, where the carame on this joint? Because I paid for the joints. So you get the catch. He just jumped out of me like it was nothing to you. He just jumped out like it's just regular. I'm like, man, he crazy. So the one guy like, all right, buddy, you're ready, you start rocking. I'm like, oh, on man, we'll be rocking for what's going on? He rocking like you're ready. I'm like, oh ship. So he go to the door and he like a counter of three, he said one, two. The next thing you know, we in the air. So I'm like this shiit wow?
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: But it was great because this time and I wrote on my list, like think about this.
Speaker 1: Okay, you actually had a list.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a list. I jumped out of a plane. I went surfing. Uh did you still have a cyclist?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Some way to book life somewhere in I went surfing.
Speaker 4: Did that?
Speaker 1: What else I did? I did a lot of ship.
Speaker 4: I got shot, I got on the ball, I did the ball riding joint, the ball in the mechanical, the mechanical jont come on, I don't matter. I did that.
Speaker 2: I did that.
Speaker 4: I went to every city I said, I had a list every every city I wanted to go in America. I've been to every city I wanted to go to because a lot of people telling my traveling the country and I cutn't at the time because I was on parole. But then I called my my po one thing, She's like, yeah, you got your pass wort you go. So I started going out the country. But I went to every city in America. As I said, the average person don't even leave the hood. So I'm gonna just go to every city, Denver, Salt Lake, Portland, uh, everywhere.
Speaker 1: I went, anywhere, Seattle.
Speaker 4: So I was just like, so I did a lot of stuff that was on the list to people probably don't want to do. So I said, fuck it. I just wanted to. I just want to live life and be like I did anything I wanted to do. So whenever I expire, I'm like, damn, I'm cool.
Speaker 1: But let me ask you right because you're coming home.
Speaker 2: Was your intentions to be a motivated national speaker or I was?
Speaker 4: I was that in jail. I used to always motivate people in the corner. We used to do something. We was always motivating. Come on, man, I got the spot.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 4: I'm the boy. I'm the boy that comes through. I'll come right through, yo, Noyd, Listen, man, I got a sweet John. Come on y'all out next thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's that. It don't be like that.
Speaker 4: But you know, I got a mixed I I want to go by myself. So I was already motivating people to do dumb shit. But when I was in jail, I was in the I was a part of his group called Real Street Talk. It was o geez. So when people come to prison, all the people that's coming through, they're talking to him about prison life and while go back out did because a lot of these dudes wasn't going home, and shout out to them with Real Street Talk. Greatest full prison, it's the largest prison in Pennsylvania. Mostly lifers.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: So I was a part of that. So when they come, we'll be talking to him. And I was coming from a young perspective talking and so I already was talking and it was just it was his brother rected peace of him. It's named John Griffin. He used to do security for Malcolm X back in the day. He was from the top of the clock, Mass year number twelve, Philadelphia, Nation Islam, and he was a couple couple of cells down for me. And one time we came from Real Street Talk. He was like, come here and neft I go in to sell sit there talk talked to him. He said, listen, man, I don't know what it is, Nef, but I heard a lot of people speaking and you connect with me. And I'm an old head, you know what I mean? He are older dude. He probably was like in the sixty seven he was like any young boys. Man, you got something, man, go out there and do something with it. Now I'm listening to I'm talking to, dude, they should do security for my moucoming shit. I'm like, man, that's deep, but I ain't really so I just got home. When I got home, I just started on my instagram's going in for my grandma in middle room.
Speaker 1: I'm just ah, I'm just giving it time. How quickly did you start doing that?
Speaker 4: As soon as I got out. I'm talking about the same week. I just start I just start going in.
Speaker 2: I heard that you were blogging a little bit here in jail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had the phone with but I wasn't. I can't really do too many videos because that's before Graham really had videos. And I didn't want to do a video and drawer because it ain't like now where no credit. Straight up, That's what I'm saying. That's why I started my sto. I started my page wallow two sixty seven on Instagram, I mean in jail, and the two sixty seven came from my prison number. DG two sixty seven oh, because somebody had Wallow on Instagram already, so I had to go with the two sixty seven. Oh, because I'm thinking about where I come from. Ain't going back to when I get out. So that's where two six seven come from. A lot of people think, all this is sure the air Court.
Speaker 1: It wasn't air.
Speaker 4: It was two one five five exactly. It was always two one five. So so I come home. I'm just doing the videos. Man, I'm doing the videos, and I'm just going in there.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I remember one time somebody called artists called called Gil. I'm in the crib with him, be tripping. He's like, somebody called he was on speaker. He's like, what's that was your cousin? Man? That nigga crazy. Man's all right, damn man. They say Waller was on some meds and some ship upstate. I'm like, damn, cause I ain't even know I was on meds. He's like, damn, I listen new to me.
Speaker 2: But he just because oh, this is someone's calling.
Speaker 4: Calling Gil, calling Gil. He like damn. He's like, damn man, he tripping right. So I'm like this whatever. But at the end of the day, It's like in the hood, you get criticized for doing anything that's not dumb.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 4: If you decide to do anything that's not dumb shit in the hood, you corning. You a lame, You're a sucker. But I'm to figure out the corny lambs and sucker every time we come home from jail. They got their house, they got their pension, they went to travel the world, kids put kids to college. The corny guys, corn corny guys did all that. But all the real niggas come home.
Speaker 1: Holding the block. Damn, what's up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody here no more?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: Take that dumb shit it you know what I mean. So it's like, you know, uh, it's just deep though it's deep, you know.
Speaker 2: Now. I want to get this room out the way.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, get it out the way.
Speaker 2: You think Gilly really wrote a little.
Speaker 4: Way without a doubt for sure, because I wrote for Gil. No, I'm just telling you, I wrote some shit. I used to be on the phone and listen, I sit.
Speaker 1: In the.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't depend if you're playing in that gag.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, no, no, listen, listen, I wrote for him. I just send him the ship in the ship and the man will be like listen and get on the phone. So I give him the catence. I mean, just how you say it, Cuz but like alright, bet like so that's you know, I broke him. But but you know, I believe so. But I was in there.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But he told me.
Speaker 4: I said, yo, man, because I used to be telling Ship, you ain't right for Wayne nigga, you bump ass rapper because I think I'm I'm I'm gilt worst critic. Because you know, back in the day when I first started taking guilt to the studio, he signed the management deal. I was his manager and all that ship, and he burnt me. He was signed to me. He didn't want to wrap. I put that motherfucker and a vicious deal. Hedn't want to rap. But you know, whatever the case, I been niggas. You remember back in the day, dudes had some of the three sixty.
Speaker 1: Wait, that was me.
Speaker 4: He was signed to you, Yeah, signed to me.
Speaker 2: So when did major figures come involved?
Speaker 4: So what happened is that people in major figures. You got ad Libber, you got you got Beyond, you got Rolex, you got bump Jay, you had all him in there my man, but originally my man Rick Lo Elder Niro. So what happened is, I'm in I'm right wraps in the basement. Me and my homeboy Dice rolled from the roots. I know you'll probably remember Dice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just feel like this PCP in this story someone you No, I never smoke up.
Speaker 1: Now I'm talking about like this the group period.
Speaker 4: No, I ain't gonna talk about that. So what happened is.
Speaker 1: But listen.
Speaker 4: So what happened was We're in the basement and I write names now major coin, major figures, and Dice was like, yo, you should go with that major figures you So I tell Gil, I said, listen, this is what we're doing, Major figures. You're going up to my man Peanut studio shot out the Peanut Dice like they're gonna hook he up a free studio time, and were just going in there and sampling ship and rapping and ship okay. And that's how it started. You know what I'm saying. Spade was my man. Spade taught me how to rap. He taught me how to write raps. You know what I say, Spade, yea I used to.
Speaker 2: Be just came home. He's been home a while.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I used to be a hype up man in this group they can called lyrical tears. I was the hype man. I used to go in there. I mean, you know how the hype boars, you know, because everybody was a hype man. Pocket was a hype man. So I could throw that out there.
Speaker 1: You see.
Speaker 4: I agreed on him. But uh, at the end of the day, that's how it started, you know.
Speaker 2: So so is it true that Jay was actually looking at Major Figures?
Speaker 1: First, I was in jail. You were talking about it with Gil.
Speaker 4: I was in jail that I was in jail for that.
Speaker 1: So but they all went up there.
Speaker 4: I heard he's went up there. I heard, I don't know, Okay, they say beans and because Beans and Gil and the figures was all tight. So we went up there together.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, I didn't know that part.
Speaker 2: That's what I care.
Speaker 4: I was in the joint.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but they were were there were separate entities though, right, They weren't like going there.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: I know they was all messing. They had song was together and all us.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was in the slammer, but you were a part of Major figures. Okay, I said, but I went, I went to the cooker. I wasn't home for that. I was home all the way at the beginning the foundation of the ship. Okay, So do you believe because that's the room. I'm sure you heard it too, that Jay tried to get with y'all major figures even though you were locked away for some reason.
Speaker 1: He can make that happen.
Speaker 2: And then that's how he went and stay property too. And that's what comes to this rumors of Jay hayten On y'all.
Speaker 1: Is don't know who I was? Oh no, no, no, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know to the particulars because I wasn't there. I can't really speak to that, you know what I'm saying. I know they went up there, that's all I know. I know all of them went up there together. Yeah, that's all I heard, you know what I because somebody came to jail was like, yo, man, I went up there like you know, be somebody hanging around the vibes and just taking trips to New York. So I don't really know. You know what I'm saying, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is are you a fan of fuck?
Speaker 4: Yeah? He all the fans of whole You know what I'm saying. But me and me and Gil had different joints back in back in nineteen ninety six, a reasonable doubt came up. I was a hole boy in the car and Gil was a naves boy.
Speaker 2: I've seen how he acted when he see naves in the airport.
Speaker 4: But we used to talk shit, We used to go back and forth.
Speaker 1: He was the whole home.
Speaker 4: I was the whole boy.
Speaker 2: He was from He's from Queen.
Speaker 4: No fuck no, he's about to claim you. So what happened was so we was But but Ho Ho is great. He did great for our culture. We you know, he like you got. He's a blueprint of what we can be, what's possible the culture of now tomorrow. You know what I'm saying. So salute the O.
Speaker 2: But I'm just asking this woman. They were gonna move on. You don't believe You don't believe that Jay was was was like, uh, blackballing. I believe that's the word because.
Speaker 4: That was I'm gonna tell you some real ship.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: But I can't speak for.
Speaker 2: People that that's trying to get because you're talking about.
Speaker 4: I can't speak to Ja.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I can't speak. I don't know, but I'm gonna say this. I'm in the prison. I called Gil.
Speaker 1: I seen him.
Speaker 4: I was hype and ship man. I seen him on Sucker Free, but uh.
Speaker 1: What's the DJ TV?
Speaker 4: No, but what's the DJ?
Speaker 1: My man?
Speaker 4: I just seen him in London? Uh, Like, was it sypher Sounds?
Speaker 1: Who Sounds?
Speaker 6: Was?
Speaker 4: I believe Sounds want to be with David Chappelle. So so I'm like, oh, ship, she was looking crazy, he was looking good on it. I'm like, damn, cuz, but what the fuck why you ain't sign nigga? I just see I'm telling anybody that beyond this air, that's my artist, right, showing the song, right showing the song. He said, Man, Cuz, man, it's crazy. Man, I'm getting black ball. He ain't say about who, but this is the time he was going through the ship with Wayne.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So Pete, Okay, there's no bullshit since our journey. Since I've been home, I finally believed in because I thought he was bullshit all this time. Because we ran into certain people from different mtv BT, Universal Records, certain peoples like I ain't know when I got that call from such and such, such a and I'm like that ship was real.
Speaker 1: You wasn't lying, nigga. I thought you bum man.
Speaker 4: I thought you just was a bum rapper because I'll you know what I mean, y'all almost dead rapper.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I thought you was bullshit. I told you, nigga. So I don't know about I don't know personally, but I know shit could happen.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. She could have I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, So moving on, whose idea was it the start of podcast? Was it? It just both? For y'all?
Speaker 4: Everything is always mutual. I don't really see. I don't really see this one person. I called him though, and I was like, yo, nigga, because you got to stand noor, who's more adam it?
Speaker 2: Like, because like if you use to ask me a EFN, I would always say I'm with it. But he was more like pressure and I don't want to say pressure in me, but he was more like, you know, like like like less try.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: So in our situation, me and Gil got different departments that we play. I'm more of the administrative part. I'm due to research. I'm the bull gonna come listen because this is what it is with him, so I hit him up like four o'clock in the morning, like, Yo, cuz read this fucking order because me, I'm I'm a vicious reader. I'm an article reader, audiobook. I'm reading shit to get this. All the information is hitting in the books, in the data, all the information that you need, and that's why I'm able to get a lot of shit.
Speaker 1: So I'm up.
Speaker 4: I'm like, hold up, Spotify allo k four hundred million podcasts in the first first quarter of twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: I'm looking.
Speaker 2: That's before the Joe Rogandale.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if Joe was there, Joe, I don't he might have been on. So I'm like, what the I'm like, Yo, No, no, Joe Rogan deal came after that, okay, because I remember Joe Rogan. So listen, I say, Dann, Now everybody see you and they see they see Joe. Well, nobody know the science and nobody know that particular. Nobody understand it. Like with y'all, with y'all with the podcast y'all Combat jack Uh tax Stock, everybody, the whole y'all did like the SI roller them shout out to them. So y'all like, so we like, we don't know nothing about that. The only thing I know is that they just giving out. They're giving out all this fucking money. So I said, hold up. I called him four o'clock in the morning, like, Yo, get up. I kept calling him and got up, Yo, what the fuck? But damn, what's up? Because you're cool? Yeah, listen read that all the car just check read that fuck man. And I'm like, he gonna go back to sleep, so I'm gonna catch him later. And that mona fucker called me right back. He said, Yo, we gotta crack the mics out, man, What the fuck is going They're giving out his paper next thing?
Speaker 1: You know what was on?
Speaker 4: We we got the we found a place to do it and started doing it, and it was up from there. We believe because I said, because the first day we came out, he was under comedy because we didn't know how to set these categories.
Speaker 1: He came out and I.
Speaker 4: Never forgot I was in Salt Lake City because I'm the one that's paying attention to charts and all that. Dudes don't even know where the charts at. So and you know what's crazy about it, I forget the brother that tax put me with shout out to my man, MF love my man, my PM. B Rock managed the rest piece of P and b Rock. He connected me with Tax in jail. Tax had a blow in there, so me and Tax texting and I asked HM about the podcast ship one time and Tax like this, what you do?
Speaker 1: You do this? You do this?
Speaker 4: Tax?
Speaker 1: No, Tax was home, No he was not home. He was not home.
Speaker 4: Twenty nineteen, No he wasn't. Tax was in the cook taxing all tax with.
Speaker 2: Y'all started before.
Speaker 1: I remember showing that.
Speaker 7: Nineteen in the Cook Gilly on twice ye Shaggy shout out the tax.
Speaker 4: So Tax like, no, this was and I forget the brother. He said, get with him. I got with the brother. The brother gave me the whole game. And so I already knew that game. So when we went we uploaded. We uploaded them in Salt Lake City. In seven hours. We was number four in all categories and number two under Joe Rogan and comedy and some shit like a seven. I say, oh yeah, this this that that, Because what I realized is that it's cool to start a podcasting, but you really need an audience before the podcast, like everybody.
Speaker 1: To speak to your audience that's what makes it.
Speaker 3: Know.
Speaker 4: What we said was we're gonna do something different than Nory and Joe. Joe wasn't taking Joe wasn't doing no motherfucking guests. He wasn't doing no guests. You was only dealing with the O g's a legends. So we like, it ain't no space for the nephews. So I said, we're gonna be going smart. Because what happened is when people start podcasts, they even want to be a drink champ Dave want to be a million doills where they want to be a joke. They want to instead of saying, let me go somewhere where nobody's operating it. So we said, we're going to operate in a certain field that nobody there's no platform from them because they they ain't got no And that's what we did.
Speaker 1: We went straight.
Speaker 4: But first we said we got to get us off first. So when we started doing, we took the first six months and we did all our own joints. About six months, we get calls from Spotify and everywhere, and then I remember people just start hitting the shock like, man, I gotta come kick it with y'all. Kevin Durant like yo, man, your nigga's crazy. People just start coming, you know what I mean, They just start hitting us and we just start getting people on after that. But we said we wanted to get established and then we want to focus. As you see, we had all the youngest. We just want to bring the youngest through, get them a place to have a platform from them, because it wasn't one and that was the greatest thing we did.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, just make no noise. Yeah, thank you. Now you got two.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say not only famous, but it was like heartfelt, real moment. It's a third one as well, where like everybody from the streets, everybody whether they made it out, whether they're still in the streets, or whether they just dealing with it. When you had that conversation with Doug, and then you had a conversation with Dirt, and then you recently had one with Kodak. But I would like to break down each three of those and pouchisy okay.
Speaker 1: I just talked his dad ago because.
Speaker 2: We had one and I regret that. I regretted to have this conversation. But with Dolph, I told Dolf I was like I actually asked him. I said, Yo, you ever think about moving out your city. And he was like, nah, they love me in my city. And I was like, you know what, most rappers fail in their own city. And I kind of like alluded to like maybe, like, you know, look for another place, somewhere else, just you know, to have and his exact words were almost to the tea was it was that ship like that could never happen to me in my city. That I can't tell you how much, bro, I can't tell you how much when they because because because that moment that you had was the same moment I had, right, and I didn't want to be right. Yeah you know what I'm saying. I'm saying so like I can't tell you how how much I cried because I was like, damn, I actually warned the brother, but you know, like I respect him, and I know not to.
Speaker 1: Talk down on the young generation.
Speaker 2: I know to talk to them and not down and sometimes I even the boss just talked to them direct. So I was teking them direct, and I didn't want to be like, yo, you know what young brother like? But you did you like you like cut deep. I believe the first one started with Dirk. So let's start with Dirk.
Speaker 4: Lets want to poo shook King Vaughan.
Speaker 1: Okay, King Vamas.
Speaker 4: Day had King Vaughan. King Vaughn died a week after all podcast. We had King Vaughan. And in that same interview, Rest in Peace, King Vaughn and PM b Rock in that same interview, you've been to the base.
Speaker 1: You've been to that one, the oldest studio they all together.
Speaker 4: If you look at the picture rest in Peace, you got King Vaughan, and this whole clip is a clip. It's King varn It's gil Me p and b Rock and standing right next to him at the door with cheese still son, God, God blast. So so you gotta understand this. That was the first conversation with pool Sie. No I did pool Okay, you know what I mean. I look at it like this, Norri, you know, and I know anything can happened to you anywhere because Noorrid do not.
Speaker 1: Nori is from Miami, born and raised.
Speaker 4: This motherfucker live.
Speaker 1: In Miami, right.
Speaker 4: He canna walk in any restaurant this way, you know you made he can walk in any restaurant. They're gonna make him a play.
Speaker 1: He could just do whatever.
Speaker 4: He can go late stay at anybody house make it do whatever.
Speaker 1: He lived in Miami.
Speaker 4: He so for them to say that he was that and Dolphins RECTI piece of Doph. Dolph is one of the most smartest business minded musician, first people in the rap game I ever talked to. He knew the game, so I talked to him from a place of this, I'll be forty six June twenty First.
Speaker 1: I love being I love being own.
Speaker 4: I love that. I needed this because most of our homies ain't make it to see seventeen. They ain't making to see eighteen, you know what I mean. And in this room probably got like the older dudes, we got about about twenty five homies. It's not here no more.
Speaker 1: It's dead.
Speaker 4: It's gone, not counting other twenty five that is in the penitentiary that's never gonna make it back. So to be out here living life, I want them to see that. I want them to be able to get over the hump and be like, damn, I ain't got no hair no more. Like that's a different vibe. It's a little it's a little scary, like you're cheating too.
Speaker 1: I'm mad.
Speaker 3: To get that.
Speaker 2: We'll get.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: So what happened is I got to talk to them from a place of I know this is what I know. Everybody going to see them, and they're going, yes, man, they gotta be around even something. You know how many times I talk to some of these young boys and the old here to be in the crew, be like, I'm glad you told them.
Speaker 1: They need to hear that.
Speaker 4: The paycheck is that strong, you won't want to get sent home. So it's like, nobody else gonna tell him this ship because anybody, I don't need you nothing. I don't need your money, I don't need He's a young kid.
Speaker 1: What made you?
Speaker 2: What made you?
Speaker 4: I've seen pool energy. I had to give it to him, and I've seen what he had going on. Okay, so I stepped to him. I said, now what you're doing on it? I said, yo, man, don't disrespect your blessings. I mean, because you're looking at all this ship, you talking to it. You got understand this story. In this game, we coaches coaches last long for the player till Jackson had Mike and Koby. Baby, I'm list. I'm gonna see all youall players come through. I'm gonna still be coaching, nephew. So I'm just giving you a game because I have seen you before. I have seen you on the streets, and I have seen you in the industry. It's a time, it's a clock on that ship, and it's based off of your decisions, you know what I mean. So and you know when you the money come, you become untouchable, right, you know what I'm saying. So it's like I had to I had to tell Pool, and I'm gonna tell I had to talk to all of them. I had, you know, because it's like why not? And I know they respected it somewhere. They all respected it because anybody else want to be cool with it.
Speaker 1: I ain't got time for that.
Speaker 2: It was a moment in a Dirk interview where you also, anybody who lost somebody don't relate to this moment. You sit there and you like and you you riled up, and I remember me feeling you, and then I remember me being Dirk. Though, yeah I remember because Dirk looks and he doesn't look at you. He can't not like he couldn't make eye contact with you, but he purposely made eye contact with one of his friends and was like your cousins really crying over here.
Speaker 1: But in any other situation.
Speaker 2: Like his friend might have been like laughed at you know what I mean, But it was so much of a real situation, And that interview has now aged because now we don't understand what Dirk is going through. We understand what he's facing. You do you what he listened to you more?
Speaker 4: I don't see I don't know the particulars of the situation.
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: You remember that moment what I'm talking about, Yeah, where you start.
Speaker 1: I believe you said you forgave your brothers, I forgive my brothers. Kill him your.
Speaker 2: Brother's killer, and you describe it and then you start crying. And when you start crying, like he's just looking at one of his homies, just like you know, as a co sign like it wasn't being direspectful. We just like your cousins really crying. But the energy in the room wouldn't let that joke alive. But it was a very serious situation. You remember that moment.
Speaker 4: We see this what people don't understand. We could have did that interview anywhere y'all did it, and.
Speaker 1: You see what Dirk.
Speaker 4: Said, Okay, I'm doing this so we can get deep and personal, really be for the perfect time.
Speaker 1: He didn't want to do it nowhere.
Speaker 4: He told me the Wow, I want you to come here. They needed we gotta we gotta have some real rap. So when I come in here right and it's oh block, I don't know where's that. I just know it was a basement and it was a hundred niggas. And so when I come in there, he's seeing me like, damn, that's what you're doing. Man, He just see me. He just loved it because he like they need this. They need this, Like is like, yo, you got to come to the block. You got to talk to the block. You see what I'm saying, because you know I made it, but it's like I made it. I don't want to take anybody, but I can't. And this is my friends see this. We don't understand about the gether.
Speaker 1: Saying this to you, but this is what he told said.
Speaker 4: He told I need you to come to the block because cause it's like they need I need you to talk to him because they fuck with you.
Speaker 1: Won't be with you a gift.
Speaker 4: We fuck with y'all like y'all like really like they watch y'all.
Speaker 1: Ship all the time. We y' all like are uncles.
Speaker 4: But I know you can just just come to the block because I need it, but everybody else ain't gonna make it, and I just need you to show this it's a different way. And so you know, that was that's why I got so passion in the room because I know we got a room fill of young niggas and then the street ghetto, in the ghetto, revenge, just king, that's your pride, that's what you carry, that's your trophy. That's like this belt, like revenge. Y'all got them niggas back. So it was like at that moment, I had to share my story. Like listen, bro, when you see me now and you see me with my niece, my nephew, you see me with nanny, you see me with my mom, none of that is possible. I ain't forget my brother's killer. Just think about how the hood to be if we just if we see, if we was able to forgive. You know, one motherfucker died, ten people would die from that, them ten people, one hundred people would die from that. Like, you got to think about this shit. We out here shooting in the motherfucking mirror. We're shooting us. You're looking in the mirror, you're shooting yourself. So you got to say to yourself like, that was the greatest thing I ever did. And I share that story every time where people say they can understand.
Speaker 2: I had but it wasn't easy.
Speaker 4: It wasn't easy. But then at the end of the day, it was because we designed to die for a motherfucking not designed to live for a motherfucker. But I'm looking at them, little baby, I'm looking at my niece may mate when she come in that business room and say, she don't even know what's going on. Oh, you ain't coming back to jail as you you gotta take me here, you got She sit on my lap and I'm like and my neph like, yeah, I can't wait till you come home. And he just lost his dad, but he's sticking in and I'm like, there's so much shit going on, but I'm like, I gotta live for him. I gotta live for Nanny. I gotta live for Mommy. I gotta live for And that was a great I'm not here if I don't live for them. So I'm an example with living for your people. It's like you know what I'm saying, cause it's like and then you gotta battle with the you gotta stand it. It was a battle. It was a battle with the idea of like you deal with that ghetto pride. But as I'm evolving, I'm like, I'm not even thinking on that point. But then but then I'm sitting here and I'm looking at and I'm saying, my brother, he know I got to be here for these kids. I can't let him down, you know what I mean. So it's a the battle that goes on, and it's like when the ship that we're gonna stop?
Speaker 1: When? When?
Speaker 2: When?
Speaker 4: When when the annihilation of black people by black people gonna stop? It's up to us. It ain't no, we can't. We gotta figure the shit out. So I'm just trying to leave you by example, and let me tell you something. You know, how many people that came up to me over the years and say, my brother got killed. Man, I seen you. I seen that Ted talk. Man I seen it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I needed you low. So you know I did what was right.
Speaker 2: But let's clarify it a little bit. Right, just for people that's listening, you're saying that if you was to be right now, like the Alley Way with your brother's killer, and you could get away with it, you still, you still would walk the other way.
Speaker 4: I couldn't live with that. Let me tell you something, No way, I'm not built to kill nobody that looked like me.
Speaker 2: That's real, that's real, C C C.
Speaker 4: Because you know what, you know what, I'll be cheating.
Speaker 2: You ain't.
Speaker 4: You don't get no blessings when you're cheating.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 4: You know how you try to play both signs this flint. I'm a hustle, but I'm gonna tell my mom I'm doing good. I'm gonna try to spend my row.
Speaker 1: Officer.
Speaker 4: You can't cheat this shit. You can't cheat blessings. Bro, you can't play both sides of the fence. And I'm just not built like that. See, because now I got to think of his nanny, I got to think of his kids. I hope that a person will grow from that and become somebody better, but I can't. I'm just not good like that. Some people is some people's cold. I'm not cold like that. I'm warm, and I'm cool with that. If I'm a sucker for that, cool Nah, I don't think. I ain't saying you. But you know, some people don't, they don't understand, they ain't leveled up yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that was the thing, was in that room with Derek. And now I wasn't there obviously, but I felt I was there. And I know that little nigga energy, Like I don't mean to qut of little niggas, but you do not trying to say that that younger mentality, like you know what I mean, Like you know we don't cry for this shit, but you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 4: You know it's crazy about that room. And I keep telling people these young brothers in the ghettos of America is smart, but they don't have no exit plan. You can't go nowhere. I know that the dude's two blocks from from me is trying to kill me, but I ain't supposed to have had a strap on me. I can't protect myself. Everybody else can protect themselves, but I can't. I don't know how to go to get a gun license. I don't know that I can get a gun license.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: And it's like and then sometimes we be in Harry and you and Harry beef. They ain't got nothing to do You got beef based upon where you was born. At this she ain't got nothing to do with you, right, Oh, and you don't even dig that you got a beef because the one O G from that block. Fuck this dude, O G from that block, baby mim. And they've been worn ever since. You don't even know. You just know I gotta kill them. I gotta hate them because somebody told it was marketed to me that somebody told me I got to hate them. Think about this shit. It's deep.
Speaker 2: Now, what officially was you said this to.
Speaker 1: A total of a total?
Speaker 4: First, I got six and a half to twenty five and thirteen A had the twenty seven, nineteen six, and they had the twenty five.
Speaker 2: For people you had to do six and a half years minimum of twenty five years.
Speaker 4: Max max in Pennsylvania. You do a date for a day. It ain't no like, it ain't no like, what's that good timer? It ain't So if you got six years, you're doing six right, But your time to get out of.
Speaker 1: Jail is really the twenty five.
Speaker 4: You got to go to a parole board and beg for mercy, right basically like I got my life together, I'm a different person.
Speaker 1: You know. You got to go to the parole board.
Speaker 4: So I had a total of nineteen ay fifty two years for two armed robberies too, firearm violations.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so it was violence because armed robbery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fuck you gotta slammer. That's even though you ain't got to shoot. No, but people think a violent crime is you shooting or doing something nobody. Once you pull that thing out, it's over.
Speaker 2: Wow. So you wound up doing twenty Yeah, and this is twenty years straight.
Speaker 4: Or I did five out for a couple months, went back there.
Speaker 2: Fifteen Okay, so you violated when you came out for those couple of months. What did you do?
Speaker 4: I caught another case. That's how I got the other case.
Speaker 1: I got busy, I was you say, I slipped it up.
Speaker 4: I got busy.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing. Another thing about you is I'm.
Speaker 4: Accountable for my ship. Because if you're not accountable, how you're gonna grow from this ship? Because now you're lying to yourself. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I did that.
Speaker 4: I was on some goofy ship. So when I go back, I do that, I do the fifteen. I said, oh no, what maybe it's.
Speaker 1: No oh.
Speaker 4: I'm in there like oh no, oh no, it was different, right, I had to do that. Yeah, fifteen straight team straight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, and you were younger because I'll keep seeing your yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, I was keeping come on, man on that boat she got. I think that's a busy mustache too.
Speaker 1: But how how young was we? We started at fifteen?
Speaker 4: I forget I was because I did the five came back to fifteen. I was like early twenties, real early, like twenty one.
Speaker 2: So so the rap career, nothing could keep you away from this.
Speaker 4: No, man, I was better. I was the best I was. I was probably the hottest rapper in Philly history. I just think, you know, got in all the niggas man Gil Beans, Me, Black Tresh Prince. I was hot, Stu Uh all the mist. I was hot of the youngsters, Philly's most wanted school Peagle. I was hot like a lot of them boys.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: But you know, you know how the boys saying, yeah, I could have I could have been better than Michael Jordan. I just messed my knee up, that's me.
Speaker 2: I'm the boys like, oh my god, yo, man, listen, that's why you've been on our show before. Our show is about giving people they flowers.
Speaker 1: And man, I'm like, I'm so proud of you, man, you my brother.
Speaker 2: You know seeing the come up, seeing you, you know, come home from from from a very unfortunate situation, and making them not only the best of it, you making you know what I mean, you really went from the streets to the penninghouse.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate and I love the fact how you and Gilly be joking on each other. We're gonna get it straight into that. But before we do that, we won't get.
Speaker 1: It to.
Speaker 2: Oh I got the briefcase now, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I made so. So one of the another beautiful things about you, Jilien, is I feel like that's how yeah, I got a relationship, like me and my nephew. But we don't do it on video, you know what I mean, We were off camera, But you guys really cut deep. Like y'all remind me of Two Queens that Harlem people like likes a hallering people don't know how to joke, like they're like they're they're terrible jokers, right like they're like they're like.
Speaker 1: They really cut deep.
Speaker 2: But if you're from Queens, you understand that language like the two hallm like, like like even from Jim Jones and camera right now, you know, the only people not Panican the people from Harlem, okay, because everybody like that's the way they kind of like they're kind of like it's every other barrel that they're sitting around, like, but that reminds me of you and Gilly. It's like, yeah, really, like what what what did he say that your name was when used in jail?
Speaker 4: He said a bunch of names because I think I think I told Gil about a bunch of jail ship and he just loved jail stories, so so this is what he do. So he went into people that I was in jail with and he get their numbers and he just called him to talk about jail ship for no reason. I'm like, cuz, why the fuck y'all was talking to your selling man. You ain't tell me about the time we all was in the yard and the ball suck a punch of boy and he was ready to run and they handed to do with you.
Speaker 1: I said, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: Jay tell you all that ship?
Speaker 1: He just he just a loser.
Speaker 4: He want to talk about jail ship bad and just get all his data about meaningly ship. So you know, but who would you ask me?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I was. I just love the fact that like y'all call each other all types of names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go at each other.
Speaker 2: And there's no love lass like it's just like but I mean, you're really good.
Speaker 4: Everybody do that around the way, yes, like like bro, everybody do that. Just that y'all just seeing us because like if we just class because he always want to go against If I say great, he's gonna say red.
Speaker 2: You know, I read somewhere that they said friends who argue with each other like going at each other live a long relationship.
Speaker 4: Okay, well like yeah, you can live in friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we play a game on our show. It's called Our Quick Time.
Speaker 1: I was drinking.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not drinking.
Speaker 3: So Sonny come in here and start and be a ringer for the drinking people.
Speaker 4: You know, Sonny d ain't here to drink. He ain't like to It's both.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, you've got somebody from Philly. You want to You why you're whispering like there's no cameras on.
Speaker 4: They ain't trying to drink.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody trying to drink.
Speaker 2: That was the weirdest ship in the world, is thinking whispering like the camera right.
Speaker 1: There, My dude, this is my part in my head. Come on, But he looked like he don't drink. You don't drink, you drink, don't get you got that on?
Speaker 4: Yes, you don't want to don't don't get, don't get sauce? Then yeah, yeah, yeah, somebody they don't get.
Speaker 1: So you want to play? We play this game.
Speaker 2: Drink? Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 1: You don't. I don't think.
Speaker 3: When we came, we'll ask you two questions. You pick one, and we don't drink. But if you don't pick one, so you say neither or both, we allow. You're not drinking, but we drinking.
Speaker 4: He sees he's dangerous. Sunny ain't see a drink. He ain't like Sunny, ain't he is? Sonny, don't I mean, sonny, don't play.
Speaker 1: And you can go in on why you answer in a certain way. Okay, I'll wait for you.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Is scary? Oh? God?
Speaker 4: Tell him makes you a shower? You whatever? He mix it with a drink, you gotta be. But you're drinking whatever you want enough? You know you can fix that with a drink.
Speaker 1: You could do. You want to Vodko your own bottles.
Speaker 4: And he can hear you drink a bottle right now, Sonny.
Speaker 3: You're gonna do Sonny, pickball you want Bacardi nor I got wrong to here?
Speaker 1: Take the te I got that's what you gotta.
Speaker 2: Go.
Speaker 1: You got the t tho. Now were good, Jamie, were good?
Speaker 2: All up?
Speaker 1: Start ready? This Sonny is dangerous? All right?
Speaker 2: Okay you ready. That's the first one.
Speaker 4: You're the chaser that's finding that a periods and chasing.
Speaker 2: And okay, we're gonna get this to that too. Okay, rock him or care rest one. I can pick even one either.
Speaker 1: If you pick one, we're not drinking.
Speaker 3: But if you say both in them, got it, don't do it on purpose.
Speaker 1: I'm not the both. I agree with you. I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're doing smaller shot. Yeah yeah, yeah, get it, glad what you're doing.
Speaker 4: You don't get it drinking, don't get it.
Speaker 1: Drink drink. It's my shop for YEARSLF. That ship must be strong. I got to tupac a easy. Damn both of them? Was my guy? Both?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Oh, no, where you at what you're doing?
Speaker 1: Son he's drinking for him, he's about designated drinker. Okay, respecting you. You know what I love to drink. You know what I said.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm gonna join him.
Speaker 4: You asked some crazy you gotta stand. You got to stand easy easy rootless. Easy came with ruthless. Here you got easy came with change the game, Easy changed again pocket change. You can't you know what I mean? So I gotta get easy as props.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, rap Radar, Joe Bunden podcast, rap Radar or the Joe Bump Parker, both of them, IM messing with both, mess with anybody.
Speaker 4: What you can't leave You can't leave me down in the mountain, Joe, both of all of them.
Speaker 1: Is you're not great.
Speaker 4: I forgot to say rap Radar to hated on you. No, you know.
Speaker 1: I'll take your shots.
Speaker 4: Right off a crazy joints.
Speaker 1: Major figures to state projects.
Speaker 4: With both, Philly Baby, I should have just said video both y'all please ye.
Speaker 2: I fell him up from them up, he fell him up.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be the one that sucked up on this. Are you taking shots? I forgot? Okay, you got this one. Okay, my bad.
Speaker 2: I don't even grab classes now.
Speaker 1: Both gonna take both everything.
Speaker 4: I like both of them, though, I'm gonna say I ain't.
Speaker 1: I ain't.
Speaker 2: Everybody we're seeing you were watching you, he said, Okay, taking.
Speaker 1: Okay, jay z Or Big Daddy came, I don't know you look like you have three cuts.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, so listen, I'm gonna just tell his story. Big Daddy. Kane was mad at me one day. Big Daddy's a true story. Listen a legend. He coming through the airport. Right, it's early in the morning. We're in LA. So we read get on his donkey don this day, said Gil we raking some tea. Cain got a mask on. He walking down all time. I go on fan move came, what's up? Like I draw it on him? He was not trying to be noticed. He like Gil just told him. He like, I'm like, can what's upping?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 1: Gil, come in this.
Speaker 4: King, because you know, Gil said, I'm the biggest back in the Day groupie of all rappers.
Speaker 1: I'm just this.
Speaker 4: I love all back in the Day for no reason. That's the ship to me. So I'm like, damn King, what's up? So you all bodies will go ahead drink again. Kane came in, so you went with King. I'm going with both both. But he gave us a King story on a Cane story. Man Cane's pissed, uh Booce Lee Roy. Where'd you go with Boost Lee Nigga? Listen you listen? Killed no, no, no, no, fuck that, fuck that, fuck that.
Speaker 1: I just made this one up.
Speaker 4: I gotta I gotta pick one on this one. And I'm telling you why I'm picking one. Do you know Bruce Lee Roy told me that I'm Bruce Lee Roy Jones.
Speaker 1: I see it. I see that, Bruce leean brand, Bruce Lee Rod. He still looked at gud To. He's a bad boy. He's a bad boy again. This girl still popping. He's a bad boy.
Speaker 4: I had to. I'm sorry by I had to.
Speaker 1: Bruce Lee Worry would have picked Bruce Lee.
Speaker 4: I don't got nothing to do with that. He was part of mine.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a good for Petty Cracker, meek Mill, both of them.
Speaker 4: Philly Hey, drink up, drink Kelly here. I love Philly though he can't do that.
Speaker 1: Biggier, big L.
Speaker 2: Big L was big.
Speaker 1: It was the beast.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say this, Big L was better than a lot of niggas in New York.
Speaker 1: If you would have ended up signing with the Rock, Which'll y'all go ahead the story.
Speaker 4: Drink drink again?
Speaker 1: Both right? When I think you're gonna say one.
Speaker 4: He's like no, but he was a barbarian man. If he didn't go, it was over.
Speaker 2: Let me get my drinking.
Speaker 4: They just drunk a bottle messing with me, Damn Roy, I'm sorry, black thought or not.
Speaker 2: Black thought or nas I like this.
Speaker 1: That's a good one, and that's I'm going with both.
Speaker 4: Come on, I think you're gonna phill I will, but no, man, they're both barbarians.
Speaker 2: They are. You got the.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna be drinking. I just start going like that. Oh I forgot you. I said both. Now I think you truly believes in both black thoughts and mocking animal.
Speaker 4: And now it's his animal now saying even missy.
Speaker 2: Just let me just pour up already.
Speaker 1: They both legends, man, got.
Speaker 4: He's a legend.
Speaker 1: This he's a legend.
Speaker 4: You get me. Now, you can handle it, y'all. Y'all coming with joined this to like combat jacker text on rest in peace, rest in peace, Rest in peace, to listen, rest in peace on.
Speaker 2: Back jack, Yes and shout out to.
Speaker 4: My man tax Yeah both, y'all, y'all done. Y'all shouldn't have done this.
Speaker 1: These motherfuckers wrote that ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's chess burd, it's chess bird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ain't gonna lie that te those look hot?
Speaker 4: Alright, Okay, Sonny d Sonny, I got to man, I gotta be real.
Speaker 1: You always a little loosy or a little dirk. Both of them? Should I just should we just say how many we got? We just say both? Come on, y'all. The last one, he's going to pick shot.
Speaker 3: I got love and I love.
Speaker 2: I'll do it all right, ginos or pats cheese steak.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say something right, Okay, in the hood, we never ate them because they don't chop these stuff up like we even joints in the hood.
Speaker 1: So you want me to change twitch it up? Food nothing?
Speaker 4: Let me say this all right, let me say, let.
Speaker 1: Me say the names, shout out the ones that you eat.
Speaker 4: Let me say the names, and I guess which is Yeah, taste cheesecakes, cheese steaks, And you say what food chases?
Speaker 2: I was going to change it up, No, I got.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say taste cheesesteak.
Speaker 1: Food food.
Speaker 4: Uh, chases can be pretty girls cook country cooking. I'm missing somebody, juicepot be what's what's the name with the glasses the cooking, the DJ bou joint. Oh, she's gonna kill me.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: What you're talking about?
Speaker 4: Every Yeah, everybody feeling, all of them.
Speaker 1: So y'all gotta drink it all, he said both times.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna give you one more. So food chases or bees food truck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got drinking both.
Speaker 2: Take another one. Got that the one time I wished I was drinking.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, keep age, mamajuana.
Speaker 4: And kings and queens, Kings and queens, Kings and.
Speaker 2: Queens too, don't make the list.
Speaker 1: Scooboober. Yeah theyllyoo cheese staks.
Speaker 4: But they do these things too, but taste cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got my picture in the wall.
Speaker 4: That's why you're trying to throw it up.
Speaker 2: Thaks. I'm telling you know, I'm you. I don't do that meat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, as y'all sucked up with fat boys. Nothing what you got fat boys times? Nobody fat boys or beastie boys.
Speaker 1: Both. Come on, man, lay back. I love him, my opinion, many you got.
Speaker 2: I love him, everybody love everybody.
Speaker 1: You know we're not supposed to be broke. Go ahead, damn man, I't mean to do this. Man, Rocky three are Creed three.
Speaker 4: Creed Yeah, Michael, you know Michael be Joe and that's my guy on the show Rocky.
Speaker 1: He inspired us all.
Speaker 2: Jesus R.
Speaker 3: This is your speech for for both. Y'all gotta stay here and be drunk. Who chase Scarface or ice Cube? Both legends. I'm gonna say face legends, y'all.
Speaker 4: You give me nothing.
Speaker 3: I ain't give me any stars with these people though. Ice Cube, y'all interviewed ice Cream.
Speaker 4: You know what, let me tell you somebody, ice Cube Cubes a hater and I'm gonna tell you why. I cues all right, Cube hated on me. So the Big Three comes, So we go to play in the Big Three every year. Gil get the m v P. So we in the locker room and were getting ready. I'm like, yeah, we're gonna go there. We're gonna kill him. Cue we got him this time. He said, Wollow, this is what I need.
Speaker 1: You to do, he said, he doesn't.
Speaker 4: We just come here, man, listen, listen. He's trying to get out of it. He's trying to get out of it. Make sure somebody watch some you ready to throw up? So Cube, So we're in the locker room were all getting ready for the game to stand through. I said, listen, man, we're gonna do this. I'm starring this that. He said, Wallow, this is what you're gonna do. Gil, do you wanna do this? He telling anybody to do this Cube Anthony Edwards on the team me, I mean Anthony Anderson.
Speaker 1: Uh uh me Gil.
Speaker 4: It was a bunch of efflet but whatever he said, Wallow, he tell everybody to do some Wallow, this is what I need you to do. I need you to just sit on the bench and he's chill and hype the team up.
Speaker 1: He was hated because I ain't gonna lie wallow them.
Speaker 4: No I got I got four points in that game, four point.
Speaker 2: Riding the coature. I realized that you might be trash a little bit, like a little bit like.
Speaker 4: They said that you ain't see my joint. You ain't see that video slammed showed him.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of people that be hating on me.
Speaker 1: Kevin Durant.
Speaker 4: Kevin Durant hated on my game name Lillard stack all them, dud Is Matt Bourne, I cook the Mark Bourings one time. You ain't You ain't see what I did to donavan, Mitchell, you ain't see me working out of I cook, I barbed you give.
Speaker 3: Him, but go ahead next like oh man Nipsy or young Dolph rest in peace.
Speaker 4: Every okay, y'all just y'all nothing, bro, go ahead and you'll man have to work bad night man sucking with me.
Speaker 1: No, you're enjoying this too. That's clearly I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Man, you got sorry, You're lucky, y'all.
Speaker 3: Drink y'all lucky man, you didn't take your drink.
Speaker 1: Drink we did take took a drink.
Speaker 4: He should have since your son man.
Speaker 1: Kodaker pouch heisty both forget it. My nepts, Bro, I gotta I gotta get work that ship.
Speaker 4: Then my nepts though, Yes you did, Yes you did. Last time I see him, he beat me for a thousand dollars. Man, clean me out.
Speaker 3: I got your next one ready because it was back see you already know ug came back on out cast.
Speaker 4: I got a pocket full of stone.
Speaker 2: Both.
Speaker 4: It's beginning to look a lot like follow up every step take not yeah, both, you know I'm a hip hop and story. Why is y'all asking me this ship?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Because we were trying to get them drunk, They're gonna be fucked up.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Ron, Dave Chappelle or Chris Rock.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, wait, hold on hold, We're not that yes Sunday Wait a minute, no, no, wait no, no, that's the last one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all got to drink that ship today, joint.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Okay, okay, okay, my man, my bad's making sure I'm not alone in this.
Speaker 1: Y'all got a relationship with what you got a relationship with?
Speaker 4: Listen, listen, listen. I'm gonna say this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he left.
Speaker 4: Dave gave me a million dollars worth of game. One time, was he spoke with cigarettes. Of course, I'm in the dressing room with Dave, right, Me and Gil we in there. I'm talking we I'm talking about we tripping. We're talking about all the time. I told Gil, Gil like Dave, Like Gil, you got a hell of a game.
Speaker 7: Yea, that's he said, Okay, I said, I said, it's that nose ship.
Speaker 4: He said, all right, whatever, but whatever, Gil, the white ship, pot of man. But whatever they tell you, the case may be that, Dave said. Dave said, Dave said, listen, Dave did listen. Dave said, while I was trying to figure it out. I had all this money they kept paying me for for shows and all this I can't. I can't, I can't make it happen. And I kept looking for something, and that's how he came up with Dave Chappelle. He read a fortune cookie that said everything you need, you already got in your kitchen. The best mill, he said, something like the best mill you'll ever cookie, all ingredients is already in the kitchen. And he just starts shooting David the Chappelle Show because he was like, I already had the people I needed right there. I keep looking for all this other ship, my guys that I deal with, it's already. Actually, that's a piece of Charlie Murphy, the whole team. But U because I love Pooky already. I thought we drank that one already.
Speaker 1: Who he was fucker before that, man, y'all fucking up.
Speaker 4: Pooky was a legend.
Speaker 1: That was a great story though. I love it like that. Thank you, Thank you. O. D. B.
Speaker 3: Or BISMARKI rest in peace and two legends rest in peace both.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about one thing about O. D. B. When he came out man first of all legendary songs. Nobody beats the Biz and the Vapors was classic. Can you feel it? Nothing for the Savior and this is the season for catching the Vapors. Business knew he was that guy change the game. BIZ didn't and O d B didn't give a fuck. You know what I'm saying. When that, when that, when that Brooklyn Zoo came out Brooklyn, that tape, he got the he got the welfare idea on the it was just legendary.
Speaker 1: Both all right, well, we knew it was both. We just want you to explain some stuff.
Speaker 2: N w A or public.
Speaker 4: I mean that I would listen. I'm gonna tell you from I'm throwing. I'm gonna tell you from real ship. There's no bullshit. I'm at I'm at this, uh, this City of Angels. Everybody in there, all the CEOs, no, no, no, no, I think it's called City Angels. They're getting some of the LEO. Listen, look there the dopest hip hop ship ever happened to because like like y'all, bet I mentioned DJ Premier because I'm beefing Him'm gonna tell you about Ship Premier. I'm gonna tell you why nobody. I'm gonna tell you why he did some ship. So listen, premier back so so listen, hold on, hold up. So we in the joint, right, so they give a LEO and them everybody in there. So I'm sitting there, I'm like this, I got to shoot on chilling. I look over to go Chuck, d Chuck. She did one of these joints. I was done this this Chuck, this uncle Chuck. This is public Ganny number one.
Speaker 1: Did you have Ptsburgh hat? No?
Speaker 4: He I think he had some gens, you know, he keeping jeans with some Levis, but I don't know. I'm just like ship this dude know who I am. It was just legendary moment, but both now.
Speaker 1: I felt to say. He tweeted about dreams.
Speaker 2: I framed it.
Speaker 4: You're know how legendary that is. Like these the younger kids might like. Man, he tripping out.
Speaker 1: This dude.
Speaker 4: He spoke truth to power. He was a legend and n W. As I figured out what he's doing, he said, I'm gonna make sure Sonny never drinking again. This is this, This is gonna be Sunday read.
Speaker 1: I'm fucking up. Put it too much in there, SCHOOLI d or icy. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: How listen, Ice t said, listen, listen, listen, listen. You know school, he said, looking at my good Jesus. About that time, he said, but but but but nothing is like Saturday night. It was a Saturday night. I was feeling kind of sporty, went to the ball. But I said, this is what I said, just what I said. I said, I said this, and this was this was so crazy. Ice said, speed of life fast, It's like walking bedfoot over broken glass. It's like jumping rope on a raisin blade. All lightning quick decisions are maid lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Ice was so cold, right, I ain't.
Speaker 4: When I was young, I wanted to be Ice.
Speaker 1: I used to.
Speaker 4: I used to ripe Ice in the mirror, like, damn this boy Ice. And then when he killed a Nwjack hustler, Nu Jack new Jack, Nujack Hustler. And then when he said I got a bitch WITHO hair, a bitch with none, a bitch with a knife, a bitch with a gun. I got a bitch with a as big as a TV set. And it's a bitch over there. Hey, the one I want to get, but Joe, but maybe not. She might not like me. No, no sweat to a vet I get assistant though word she said, I got a bit. He said, he said, he said, he said, I got a he said, he said, I got a bitch with him make who rocks in fact gold link who like to fuck me with that ass up on the kitchen sink. I got a bitch wood hair, a bitch with none, a bitch with a knife, a bitch with a gun.
Speaker 1: He was cold, he was cool, and then school he was just cold. Both right, and you know there was both real stories too, No.
Speaker 2: No, coy okay, oh ship millions sparks, Oh she know both, Philly, bro Philly, that a loaded question tells of a hustler.
Speaker 1: He's miss hustle.
Speaker 2: So you managed going for them, that's right, Okay, goddamn it.
Speaker 1: Take a shot.
Speaker 4: Then sparks a young gun. They was killing that John moving out the strip of memories of.
Speaker 1: Them Cassidy or young Chris.
Speaker 4: Both, Philly, yea, listen this this, this makes this a clip by itself. Yes, we got the dress. This is Drake Champs at his highest.
Speaker 2: Ready now this no, this is this is the one you want watch to this? Oh yeah, Willim Smith or Kevin Hark, He's gonna say both regardless, Bothy, that's easy, man.
Speaker 8: That's the last one that can get back to the interview. Loyalty or respect. We got a drink, though not relaxed. Chill, everybody drink. Let's stay true to this game.
Speaker 4: That we're let me get you how to drinking games, Sonny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what you're trying to do. Cheers, bas he said, Sonny, bull stopped. They got one. I love this last one.
Speaker 2: Last one. Okay, you respect? Well, that's that's the right answer to Yeah, that's the right answer.
Speaker 1: That's the only time we say you should say both.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know why people don't say both all the time?
Speaker 2: Right for that for that question? Right, okay, So okay, y'all, brothers, I can go back.
Speaker 4: Thank your brother again, go in and go to bed, stand up and get drunk. Sonny, right here, Brady spinning.
Speaker 1: The shots. Let's spect to it was on called for that. You didn't drink in this episode. Now me and you got something else. We got something else in common that is not popular. The only difference something between me and.
Speaker 2: You that's not popular that we both kind of do is I don't do it with my home town team, but I have been known to be a bandwagon fan sports because we've we've looked at your previous instagrams and you haven't been walking the Philadelphia Eagles joints. Right, let me finish, But this is what I want to ask you. But we've seen that once the Eagles got hot, you jumped on board.
Speaker 4: That's my team.
Speaker 2: We've seen you with what's my man name, my homes, We've seen you with the Chiefs jersey on. I believe you want and so much checked you so much checked it as like you're an Eagles fan.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, but.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you now. Listen, the President has just issued the Eagles invitation to come see them at the White House. Said, so it's a two part question. One do you think the Eagles would go? And two off the Eagles do go? Are you bandwagon famine in the White House? Because you know, like you know you, I'm sure Gilly will go with the team to the White House.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say this. The first question is is the Eagles my team?
Speaker 1: Like why I'm a bandwagon or what.
Speaker 2: Are you a bandwagon?
Speaker 1: Is the first?
Speaker 2: We know?
Speaker 1: Your first question nod too.
Speaker 2: It's okay, it's not bad in my book, bad in my book. But do you think the englisher accept Trump's invitation?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I heard they did. No, I heard that, did they did? I think that's outside of my pay I don't care. With nobody there.
Speaker 2: But so Gilly is packing up to go with the Eagles to the White House.
Speaker 1: Do you hop in the car? What Gilly and tag along?
Speaker 4: Or did you say I'm gonna say this, I'm gonna say this. I don't even know nothing about that, so I wouldn't even we need somewhere recording the podcast.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You have a choice to go to the White House.
Speaker 4: No comments on it.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Because they're not letting the tea, they're not letting people. You're not just going with you know.
Speaker 1: No, I believe I believe I can't just go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, I believe there's certain people like the team gets like a guest, like like you bring your moms, you could bring. And I believe I believe Gilly was that much good to me as outside of a player. Yeah, like franchise, like like I even I even know to dance, I know, blowing the whistle. That's how good, you know, like, I mean, I think I me and you talked about the episode come out like how ill are he is?
Speaker 4: If I'm gonna say this okay, and I'm gonna just say this about another topic about me being a fan. So say Quan and tell me in the locker room right, he said, Oh, you're a fan now you with I'm like, I'm like, you're my favorite player.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I didn't have no chief jersey I had.
Speaker 2: He was, I'm in the locker room.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, damn, you're my favorite player. He's like, now you would us to the third so we get ready for the parade, say walk up on me? See laughing into that third, I said, guess what?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: So it was me and him and I think slave was that somebody was there. You know somebody was there. So he's like, Dann Waller, you just crazy. I said, no, we both crazy. I said, you don't think it's we got something in comedy, something of what We both traded teams this year?
Speaker 1: Are you going just.
Speaker 4: You traded too?
Speaker 1: How you gonna judge me?
Speaker 4: We traded you traded to I'm like, damn, baby, he said, laugh. I said, damn, don't leave me alone, man, I mean be both in the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Now and you're also a New York Times. That's so let's.
Speaker 1: Let me say this.
Speaker 4: Norry came through for me. Did the Miami book joint?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 4: And I told Noy and that's what I said. So y'all, I said, Noy, when did you put your book out?
Speaker 2: Man? I'm signed to simon this book you got in the next weekend? We are you talking about the God's Flight? Anything?
Speaker 4: Anything you need me on.
Speaker 1: Let me know this.
Speaker 4: Listen, when you do do it, you gotta do a book tour. Yeah, you gotta go to You gotta go to lip Boring in the Bronx. You got to go to Ogle Bobby's and Philly. You got to go to Baldwin and Co. In New Orleans. You got to go to Malik Books in l A. You got to go to Kendricks and uh in Houston. You got to go to all them. I can remember Mahogany in d C. Well, yeah, yeah, I'm just saying these bookstores is going text me them ship right support books, books and books in mya.
Speaker 2: Now, let me ask you. We were just listening to what was the name Jesse what Jesse ilsa right? Well, he's like the bigging there guy that he broke off goals in New York, Go New York, go for the for the Knicks. And he has like the biggest sauna company. But he said in a company like he'll go and Cold Plunge has the biggest ship. He's he's a billion next type of guys he used to work for never he used to be in depth.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 1: He said that if he.
Speaker 2: Had a chance to do it all over him writing his book, that he would invest more into the digital part. Why am I so loud? I did look at I don't know because I will give the emotion. But he said that he would invest more on the digital part of side like he said he would have would have got.
Speaker 1: A speech coast because the audio book. I said, what did I said that? You said audio?
Speaker 2: So he said that he's so so much more audio books because people.
Speaker 1: Are not killed them on audio book. You killed them on just audio my own audio three days.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you the question that he proposed, if you had a chance to do it or lover, would you invest more of your time in in the audio park?
Speaker 1: Did he said? No?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 4: I said in that mouth. Listen my man is desert, was like, all right, you gotta go down here. She's like I said, we got to penalty records, right, no, no, no, that is right there. That's my man. Cool you run anything. So I was like listening. Your dada was like I got the studio, like real live studio. Like I went in there. They got a nice sauce chair. You're just chilling it and you being there for hours in that booth reading your book, and it's glory. You got to do an audio, simple you take a couple of days. We went from ten to three, huh ten and four day in the morning, no, ten in the morning, four oct three days straight. Knocked it out. It was one of the best because.
Speaker 2: And you're reading your own hand, right, I mean you're reading what you're saying.
Speaker 4: People love audio books, bro, It's like they they love it. It's the same thing as podcasts, the same because it's like that in the car and you're just telling your story, and why wouldn't they want to hear the story from you? All right, I'm telling you, it's all that.
Speaker 2: All right, So you recommend you do you do your.
Speaker 1: Audio, but then you have to do it. You have to do both I believe it's mandatory.
Speaker 4: I believe that's in you know, you don't have to you don't have you, you don't have it.
Speaker 1: Is it is in a sense mandatory to some hooks.
Speaker 2: Hey, I could do my voice. No, you don't want I don't suggest that ship man. I ain't got it.
Speaker 4: He's he's Sunny Sonny drinking Sunny Toy Sonny rate fall under the table.
Speaker 1: So that's something that that experience is great for you.
Speaker 4: It was great and it's gonna be great for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, and the tour and everything to you came late.
Speaker 2: You came late.
Speaker 1: I was staying before you.
Speaker 4: Because traffic, Miami traffic. You came here, but we done.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you.
Speaker 4: I want to say so you.
Speaker 2: Know, just so you know the only reason why I lost. I So this is what we have when we come here. It's we bet on what you're drinking. So I already knew you wasn't drinking, so I figured I'm gonna be sobered up. Yeah, so I'm gonna share that so much moment moment with you. But here's what I lost. I still bet that you will be on time. Even though you came to the trap. They locked us in the tred even though you came to the book signing late.
Speaker 1: I said, I said, I still bet on you. And you did the lasership today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm doing okay, now it's time for the time. But that's what mean.
Speaker 1: My wife, I was like, I'm in I'll do it. I've seen it this morning. What that did you get?
Speaker 4: So what happened is you got So it's two types of people out here. You got people like Wallow and you got people like Norrid Nod say, I'm gonna get it. Two pains you to bring it up like the yn that's a piece. He got a piece on his head. And then they springing on the side. They sprayed on the side of this. You can you cannot tell me that's not a.
Speaker 7: Spray mustag if he dranks something in the little water drink like that's this drink like that ship and if you go outside.
Speaker 1: Like no listen.
Speaker 4: So what happened is it's called laser right, shout out to the pall of Miami. What happened is so when I was in the penitentiat, I was like twenty seven and I always shaved my head. So I was like young teenage, I'm shaving one day, I didn't shave it much, and I'm like, hold up some roof, a hard top, turn into some roof.
Speaker 1: I'm looking in the mirror like George Jefferson early. Oh it wasn't George yet. It was a pregame.
Speaker 4: It was a pre game. So I'm like, oh, this shit again, like and I was like, damn, I got to get rid of this joint. So now then when I got home, I got the whole George and getting nasty on the side, like the whole that chicken can get. Yeah, I mean, you get get So I'm like, damn. So I'm looking on the line. I'm like i gotta get this. So I tell Danz. I'm like, Dad, i gotta find me a joint. So she's like, all right, let me help me find it. So we found her, came down to Miami. She's like one of the best people to do it. And what they do is is laser remove. It just killed the follicles from growing. So now everything looked clear. And you know what I mean, Like right now in this joint, I had to put one session. No, you do a lot of sessions about like you do about like what is it eight for six hundred, like eight sessions for six hundred. It's worth it because it clean all your hear up. And but but it shocks. You got to put numbing cream on it. She ain't no joke. You put numbing cream on an hour before I'm telling you. I'm telling you be clean though it'd be clean. Yeah, it's permanent. You just keep going to touchdoun. She wants to do it on his back. Oh, she'll do it on your back. You're Miami your back. Wait wait, wait what on the back? She can take care whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the stundies back here, keep going.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about.
Speaker 4: Here all right, before we talk about pure. One thing, I'm very proud of y'all.
Speaker 2: Hold on talking for a second, man, because I know, I know we've been playing around and all this, but one thing for Suretruthy was certain. I've seen the vision with Gil. I told him you'll go out there and do the ship on your own. I felt like you know, he always said. But I'm so proud of y'all. You know what I'm saying, because it's one thing of telling somebody, yo, listen, you got it, and then there's a whole other thing when a person says, I'm gonna listen, and I'm apply it like you know what I'm saying, Like I big up to Matt Hopper too, Like Matt Hopper came to me and I told him, I said go, and Matt Hopper listened to me so much. I was like, oh Ship, Like if.
Speaker 1: He fuck up, I'll be from like it's my you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying because because like he actually shout up to math y'all, yeah, y'all actually listen and like you said you were saying earlier, explain it, yeah, y'all. Like I was selling purple tops, Joe weddens with selling orange tops. That thing just came to yell on tide. It was like no right had their own corner, like no one wan stepping on each other toe. But but but let me get back to my point I'm trying to make. Is I seen Gill the other day. The theme was your garage and he was showing your Porsche, showing your your other, your other car. Believe it was a Ferrari, a portion of the right worches, okay, and then he looks on the wall and he's shown all the logos.
Speaker 1: That's something that y'all been able to even back.
Speaker 2: I really wanted so before we get into Pier, I wanted to get into the business models.
Speaker 1: What y'all did to establish that?
Speaker 4: No, you know, you know what one thing about me and Gil we realized that everything don't last forever. So once you get some paper, got a flip paper, it's just like the street game. It's like you remember back in the day when you've seen the street hustler. He get that stuff. He get the corner store, he get the launch. You man, he got the barbershop, he got to hear someone. We didn't know nothing to go bigger business. We did understand that we could own the beverage. We didn't know that we start up an entertainment company. We didn't know that we can start our own boxing our boxing league. We didn't so we didn't We didn't know that we can start our own our own wellness brand. We didn't know that we could have Gilly Sports Network. We didn't know like we didn't We didn't know we could haved COVID line, airplanes or hotels. We didn't know none of that. So our whole thing is like, oh we did when you see that big hat. Now give by the big hat. Gil Gil own that he owned part of that company. So we don't you don't Gil got Billy gross.
Speaker 2: We you know, we just wearing a hat just to be a.
Speaker 4: Whole say I played for the team. O.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: So so at the end of the day, it's like you see people and we're just trying to show people that you got to go out there owning man, believe it, believe your own stuff. We gotta stop waiting for Corporate America to invest in us. We got to invest in us and then let them come on later and cash out. I say, all right, man, that's.
Speaker 2: Well, let's make some noise for that guy he said, I said, what about now, I've got to bring up the time he completely duck record. We had one hundred mile challenge.
Speaker 1: No I was on I was running around. I can't do nothing. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I was busy.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, man, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna get That's why I kept I kept feeling feeling me busy to say I gonna lie Q.
Speaker 1: QZ gave up with you. This is how I knew it was real.
Speaker 2: It was fully against New York.
Speaker 1: It was Q.
Speaker 2: I mean, excuse me, it's against New York and Q DZ caught me. It was like, let me see he posted when you travel and I said why. He said, because why don't keep using that? I said, it's an excuse, But I don't know if you know Wall, this is a little look.
Speaker 1: Q d Z is a competitive motherfucker.
Speaker 2: You understand. We have beef for ten years. So when you jumped into that beef, he really depended on you.
Speaker 1: And we were smoking y'all every day.
Speaker 2: I can't lie.
Speaker 1: Q Man posed a hell to down for us. He was battling four or five different people. You understand.
Speaker 4: He pulls a healthy down and Q be running all just to run. You're like, you guys, he is running and run.
Speaker 2: But so here I want to get up commitment on you. We have a show called Healthy High, Healthy High. I'll go out with celebrities and just ran with Brandon Marshall.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I was coming when we smoked, y'all. I'm sorry, you just got to be on the money side. I gave up for you. I didn't know. No no no no no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 2: Let me let me tell you. Let me say you the road, let me say you the roadell. That guy keeps his Nike Run app on the entire day.
Speaker 6: So he'll be teeing t be tres loose.
Speaker 4: So he keep his nakey app all day.
Speaker 2: So he.
Speaker 1: Spoke, keep running, yo, lo he be running?
Speaker 4: How you run thirty.
Speaker 2: Miles a day? Come on, dam by the way, I love being the money that joke, but there's nothing for thirty miles his life. Yeah, you fool. Hold on, Let's tell him the truth.
Speaker 1: Q DZ. You called me on the side and said you check it, will off.
Speaker 9: Checking them up.
Speaker 2: Go on, tell the truth. You cut him off the team. Come on, cut me off, yo, that you bike riding with weird outfits on? Yeah, man, the money is here. But look look, look why I got you on the phone. I want to commitment for both of y'all. We got a show called Healthy High. He was in the beginning of it. I want to come to Philly, Paul, Paul. I want to pull up in Philly, and my dream is to run three miles, but not the three miles, is to run them Rocky stairs. Let's Rocky Stairs. I gotta do the Rocky stair.
Speaker 1: Let's do it, yo, I gotta do the Rocky The old city out.
Speaker 10: There run and I want to just speaking for and all of this want of his. I'm gonna call you Q. This got crazy. Yes, I'm gonna call you brother. Yes now Joe, now you exposed?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, no no no, no, you got the app one that actually actually who who know who actually does that's mister Lee?
Speaker 3: That like.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, do I do do that? No, no, no, while I'm working out.
Speaker 2: But mister Lee's interesting all day. I don't know how to do that. I don't know how to do that.
Speaker 1: You d taught me how to do that. But but was that something that you was doing in the yard.
Speaker 4: Is that something that like you know, kept you running the yard? Just colstetics, you know, because because a lot of times you just gotta you got so much on your mind you're trying to run it off, so you just you know, it ain't nothing else to do. You're just in there during time, right, And that's like, you know, like the healthiest people is there, right, because it ain't like you're eating. You gotta stand you're eating on the schedule, you're eating, you're eating early. You gotta stay in child is like four o'clock, about five o'clock, so after night, after dinner.
Speaker 1: It's a rap.
Speaker 4: You might get have stuff in yourself, but like the way the body is programmed, so your body is different. That's why anybody be sleeping lean in the joint, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And no weight.
Speaker 4: Some jails got wait, some jails don't they take them out damn because they was turning in the weapons, so people thought they said they was using them as weapons.
Speaker 3: So you think you were ever institutionalized like legitimately.
Speaker 4: I think all of us are. When you go to the joint, especially when you've been in jail, in and out your life. Are you just you get normalized and you normalize the whereas though you don't even give a fuck about why you think you'd be having some homies and they don't care about They don't care if they get locked up.
Speaker 1: They just be wilding out. But that's what I'm saying you. It seems like you escape that they going in life. Yeah, I mean other than sometimes I see.
Speaker 2: You make males sometime and I'd be like, damn, the nigga is.
Speaker 4: I had some of the goodest males in the joint. Though I ain't gonna front.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think what he's trying to say is. I'm talking about the motality your mind. Your minds never seen like you seem like you were one of those. Like I remember reading the autobiography of Malcolm X, and Malcolm X saying that he would read certain books and he would be there, like you know, I would read Donald Goings and.
Speaker 1: Everywhere Donald Goins was a legend. Yeah, wherever Donald Gomans read the day about the book. Yeah, So like you had to project your mind out.
Speaker 4: To not be in jail.
Speaker 1: That's all you could do. Like, damn, you know.
Speaker 4: Book is Like, that's one thing about book and reading is important because the book can take you wherever they at. But the thing about it, all of our imaginations is different. So you might read a book and you might be in another city. He might read it be another city and they ain't even talking about this. He might be in New York City, but you picture in other things in your mind. Right, that's a good thing about.
Speaker 2: Reading, right now, this is this is this is a genius thing. Kanyeld told me. I don't remember if he told us this. Told me this on the forecast, We told me this in real life. He said that he visited the jail the other day, right, and he said, when he visited the jail, all he saw was the run like like Rizza, but the version that made a mistake. You know, I think he did say it on them, he said, I think so. He said he was meeting all he was meeting was the eraror the version of Will Smith that made a mistake. Yeah, he was meeting Rizza that made a mistake. He was meeting doctor Dre's And I was like, I was like, that shit is so like real, listener.
Speaker 1: Already know because like like just think about it.
Speaker 4: If you think about in New York City, when anybody getting them greens right, they mind elevate. When you get the calls the kites back in the day, you're like, damn, read this book, bro, you know what I mean, Like everybody mind elevate. You go from you go from nigger to God in the penitentiary, in the mindset and the.
Speaker 2: Apartment because you off Like one dude that I never said his name. One of the smartest people I ever met in my whole life. His name was Sean Lawrence. And I met him in DFY Facility hallm Valley Facility, And what I'm saying, that's one of the smartest people I've ever met in my whole life.
Speaker 1: I said, Mom, I went on to do all this shit. So okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: So because what happened is in the joint you got people that's just like super sharp man like and then you gonna go in there. You run in smo G's people got libraries in these you'll read this, son, read this. Nothing read But like you've seen, you've seen everybody you know that went up top. They be more on point. They get their health together, you know what I mean. They come back, they come back more mature. They come back the ones that really want to do something that and they take advantage of the opportunities when they come back. You see what I'm saying. So you know, jail is a place whereas those you got a bunch of time. That's the only place in the world where you got all the time. When you get tired, you could rest. You can't do that slows things down. No, no, it ain't just to slows things down. What happened is they got more time than anybody in the world. That's why jail be preserving. Dudes, you see, do them out because they ain't got to deal with regular LFE theyn't got to deal with responsibility stress. Yeah out here, when you're a man and you got to take care of your family. You can't go to sleep just to go to sleep.
Speaker 1: You gotta go get it.
Speaker 4: You can't just wrest when you want, you will get it. Like in a joint, go down. It's a clockworth, you're locking down at eight o'clock at night, right, Like it's a clockworth you're getting up for going to work? Is it clockwork? So it's just different because, like.
Speaker 2: I said, Kanye said that he saw these different version of superstars that he knew, but that it was a version of them that took the wrong turn.
Speaker 1: Right, But those versions of those people don't get.
Speaker 2: That second chance. What made you have that second chance? And say, you know what, because I'm sure when you came home, like I don't think Gilly was the litest person in the world at that time. I'm sure I didn't like take off for you, like immediately when you came home.
Speaker 1: What made you stick to it and what.
Speaker 2: Made you like because a lot of people would give up if it didn't work immediately.
Speaker 4: I wasn't going back to the joint. I was done right, I was done with that I wasn't going back to the I wasn't going back. I wasn't going I couldn't go back. I had too much I had. I had too much I had to I had too much. I had too much I had to deal with, so I couldn't go back. My whole thing was like, man, at the end of the day, Man, it's too much life out here, and I don't know how much time I got left on this planet, so I can't keep playing games, and you know, thinking that this ship is always going to be here for me. So I got to go out here this time because this might be my last shot. And a lot of times, the way I look at life, I look at life like you got you got. You don't know what quarter, You don't know where where you're at in life. At one hundred percent of your life, you don't know if you had to seventy five percent, You don't know if you had the last You don't even know a lot of times, so a lot of times you got to be on the tip, like you really got to take advantage, Like I gotta take advantage in the rest of this ship because I don't know when I'm be out of here.
Speaker 2: Now this is a famous clip of you being happy to speak to Pinky.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Pinky was a leg Yeah, she was on a podcast. Stye was our podcast early in the game. Pinky was everybody girlfriend in prison.
Speaker 2: Besides, who is somebody that that you that that that you got to meet since you came home and you was a starstruck?
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: I wanted to meet my favorite artist in the world. Sample. I met him, and then I wanted to meet Ice. I met as team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell us your beef of Premier, which I don't understand.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you know what my beef for Premiere was. I ain't gonna front it was. It was a petty but it was a real beef. First of all, Yeah, that ship was beef. It was smoke with me and Premiere. I'm gonna tell you why. I'm gonna tell you why I was beefing with Premier. I got over it because, first of all, Gill is not a hip hop boll. Gil was more basketball. I was more of a hip hop So I'm a hip hop story and I know all this ship back in the day, Gil don't give and I don't get about that ship, man, So I don't know what happened. I think I went to go DJ I was, I was a DM premier, some ship, some ship and some ship. Oh he DMN Gill and I looked at the pain. I said, I said, Premiere, how the fuck you following Gill and ain't following me?
Speaker 1: This nigga?
Speaker 4: Don't not about no. Yeah, that's a beat, this nigga. I'll be home gangstar. I'll be horns gangstar. Now what is we doing? Messing piece legend? But it's like, what the fun? I'm like, I was pissed about that ship, Like anytime I see somebody that, what the fuck is you found on him for? You don't know nothing about no fucking hip hop.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: So you know it was cool, but we got over it.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you. Have you never never drink? Never in my life? You had a bad experience? I never in my life?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you know what I was seeing some of the homies get high, smoking that button neecker it and all that type of ship you drinking. But I never hit no button necker. I never smoked that ship. Gil got nigga. One time I was somewhere and somebody I was in the grib right, I was in the crib and they call me, yo, man, come get your cousin. I said, damn, what's up? I go around the corner. This was the craziest in the world. Gil had he had tidy whities onto the regular draws the back of the day Joe. This before he was wherebox Ye had them. George on. He sitting Listen, He's sitting on the on the edge, you know, the corner and the edge just like the swit right there. He's sitting there with just a tidy whities on like this, looking straight and his clothes was folded right next to him, his clothes.
Speaker 1: And the sneakers on it. Yes, okay, I'm like yo.
Speaker 4: So they're like, yo, get this sort of lady came and through she threw like a blanket over from across the street.
Speaker 1: I'm like, guys, what's up. He's like, who you? Who you?
Speaker 4: I'm like, come on, gus, what don't touch me, don't tell And he's just got strongest ship out of nowhere. So so I'm right there and I'm trying to I'm trying to wrestling. He listened.
Speaker 1: This was a different strump.
Speaker 4: So just imagine the dude with some tighty whities. So we rattling the street. You don't if you're looking from down the street, you don't know what's going on. You think it's a love try.
Speaker 1: So I'm wrastling.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yo, he's thrown and it was like he got crazy. The people came, they caught They actually caught the ambulance in the SPC you see, because they had to hitting with some ship to calm me down, because you know that bombing fluid that's like some next let that the PCP is some next level ship. So they got him. Once they apprehended him, they got him under control, they threw him in like one of the they threw. They threw him in the ambulance. So they had to throw him in the back of the SPCA join that's the dog police doing because they had a cage in there. He was strong as ship.
Speaker 1: They threw him in the head and there.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yo, what the look like?
Speaker 1: What's the dude iron Man? One of the dudes they got to join that come up with.
Speaker 4: He was getting crazy. I'm like, damn, hold me at the mouth and I said, I'm never going to do drink or do any drug. Damn my life. Yeah, And I think he would have some hurricane up and here he was drinking a hurricane at that time. What's hurricane that's that's the forty hurricane, two eleven hurricane. All that ship like the same, oh yeah, y'all feeling and that silver thunder.
Speaker 1: Different we had. We had a hurricane, right, you have hurricane you know, hurricane in Miami. So he got the slimming ship right now.
Speaker 4: He had yeah back in the day at a song called hurricane, Yeah, ship had you going, okay?
Speaker 1: It was it was tore up.
Speaker 2: He was wow that Philly was like the scisserb capital at one point. Who made it first?
Speaker 4: The big nineteen ninety two they had the serve in Philly.
Speaker 1: And what are you saying?
Speaker 4: That's before Oh yeah, yeah, you're way before they start talking about that.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't want a debate about drugs, but I'm just saying, like, in nineteen ninety two, I knew, I knew they had it right, and it was and it was bad because all right, well you said ninety two, you're like ninety two. I lost a lot of my ogs to that because what happened is the price of the serve was so high. It was you know the pill because you had to you take the serve with the pill.
Speaker 1: It was high.
Speaker 4: So a lot of them start going across the tracks and they started messing with the dope because the dope was cheaper. They give you the same you got that in it and line of seeing a lot of my old heads get turned out. Man, they never came back man from that, they start messing with that bugogiye.
Speaker 2: What's that one block in Philly? Man, You and Gilly y'all post it, and it's just everybody is.
Speaker 4: Just, oh, that's said. That's down Kisses and that's where that's where Scrilla from where they are k and as doing.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: There was one dude, this dude right, yeah, he lived like a prusts you and like I thought he was dead, and it's like.
Speaker 1: It's fending off ship. Yeah, it's all that.
Speaker 4: A lot of times it's way worse. A lot of times you see it still. You still see a lot of the environment because that's where a young rapper costs name Scrilla from. He he's hot, he's checking out, he's from down there, and uh, he's just being in this environment, showing this environment and it's like Yeah, it's serious and it's sad because a lot of times you'll drive through there. It's it's a place that I don't like to drive through because I see, you'll see a homie or you'll see a homie mom or one of your homeboy's brother or somebody own a dad on that block and it be that ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know it be it be it be. It'd be sad.
Speaker 2: And it's not like you would talk to them or something like that. They totally different.
Speaker 4: Totally different zone. But you don't even want to see him like that. See me, I'm one of them people like this. I only want to see you and I'm always gonna remember you how you is. So if I do go down there and I see you, I'm jumping out and I gotta give it to you. I gotta because I gotta just put some love on you, let you know who you is, because sometimes we just need a reminder. A lot of times we fall victim and we fall short based to you know, the journey of life, and a lot of people try to categorize us for that part of our life, and sometimes we just need to remind of who we are that no, are you bigger than this, bro, You're gonna come up out of this situation.
Speaker 1: Remember you this.
Speaker 4: And and I was like when I grew up a lot of dope things. I would be around a lot of dope things because in my neighborhood on off of Germany, tailing all of Ghaney, it was a lot of that was OG's. But they was giving up the boast gain like they might be nine be like nef, don't do this and don't do it. But I used to be listening to them all the time because they had the ism. And I never I think I think a lot of times Revenue was getting smoking coke, rebe you gonna dope whatever. I never I never looked down to you. I always understand you just going through a moment like it's a moment. Everybody had a moment, say you know how some people do bits, some people wind up gett high and getting lost in the drug in the drug culture, and but you got I always try to remind people you this. And I always no matter if I see Ogi with that man you man, I always reconnect with yesterday man, I remember when you gaming, and to cheer them up even if they're going through that moment because it's just a moment and that that can't define you if you don't let it.
Speaker 2: And you know what I want to do right now. I want to I know I said this before, but I want to say I want to show love to the city of Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Philadelphia has always been my number one market, you know, being next to uh New York. It's probably only like an hour and a half drive Cosmic cav. You know, that's why Cosmic big up the Cosmic keV like a motherfucker, you know, big up to q DZ. It came a little later, but when the come up show to you know, I forget everybody. I don't want to like, you know, forget. But if it wasn't for Philly. Philly was the first market that I knew people liked me outside York because we kind of included Jersey likes, kind of included like Long Island, kind of included Upstate. But Philly wasn't Yo, yo, yo, This dude just gave you problems.
Speaker 4: And you know, I call you a fake ass.
Speaker 6: Dj KFF listens, fake ass DJA listen to me.
Speaker 4: To me, let me tell you something. I always grind Cab up because he's he's a he's a he's a with with with camp Kevin keV. You as an electronic DJ. You don't have vinyl, you don't cut you know, I never from final man he comes from I've never seen keV come. I never seen you cut Anne of that kef annoying that niggas a head annoy.
Speaker 2: Youn't care, don't care, hold on, yes, I know. Let me just tell you something. I was just this is what I was saying, man, I was telling Wallow. I was like, yo, Man, I wanted to take a time out to just give you know, love to the city of Philadelphia. That's always been my number one market and you've always been my number one supporter. I will break the records through you. I owe you a Philly a major like because to tell you the truth, like I was just telling him, and I'm gonna reiterate what I said, like if it wasn't for Philly, like I that was Philly was my first place that I got to recognize that holy ship, I can be liked outside of New York because New York was so big at that time, I didn't care, Like I didn't really even care if they likeded me outside of Soul. I wanted to give your flowers. We need to get you up here a cosmic keV. So you give your real flowers because yes you you when it and Philly Delpia. It wasn't for him, I wouldn't have been broken. Motherfucker Philadelphia. I love DJ.
Speaker 1: All right, you still I'm on your time? And then his what's crazy?
Speaker 2: Because his his's what we just reiterated with us doing this when we did the U uh Bob's cartels like you you you do Bob's cartel, right, and that's Jamaica. You hold down Jamaica. But you don't realize that covers the Bahamas. You don't realize that covers Barbados. And so what what I didn't realize was I got Philly. You know what came along with Philly.
Speaker 4: Delaware, Delaware, Yeah you got you got. Don't forget Camden, give up get Jery.
Speaker 2: I always can Camden, and I always affilidated that in a Jersey but.
Speaker 1: South Jersey cross.
Speaker 2: If it wasn't for the tread in Camden, Philly, the whole Philly uh and and I don't get to Pittsburgh, but but Philly mainly Philly was my main because like I said, New Jersey was always counted as New York. Philly was my main market. So I really and a lot of the great thoughts out there of God, damn, you said, what, oh God, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Philly girl is loose man. Let's make some nooyse. They got some of the loosest girls in the world.
Speaker 2: I just be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I have never not scored in Philly.
Speaker 2: I'm a married man now.
Speaker 11: Really got history, Philly's historical hip hop, Like, there's a lot of a lot of lot of a lot of things might have started first in Philly when it comes to hip hop, like, there's a lot of.
Speaker 4: That's what you gotta talk to KEVI about, you know, a bunch of ship like. Okay, but but let me ask you a question, not popular. Who the top five hottest rappers ever come out of New York City?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's to talk about. I'm scary. I can't say that New York City is too big for that. Let me see, I mean who you call?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I got a lot of people. I gotta try to kiss somebody from New York. Dude answer, because I'm an asked this dude. I don't know if he answered because because because you be playing man, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, who the top five?
Speaker 4: How the dudes ever come out of New York?
Speaker 2: I can't, I can't. I wouldn't be able to do that. Why because yes, it's it's too much New York. It's yeah, it's too much. Yeah, we both yes, and we love him.
Speaker 1: That's crazy man, all right, But I need to get this boy on the bless you, bless you.
Speaker 2: He's probably working, Okay, I'm curious to hear that.
Speaker 4: He gotta be working. I have too many New York boys and joint man.
Speaker 2: Alright, So let me ask you as an artist, what was your favorite city to perform at?
Speaker 4: Nigga, I ain't never make it over never, I ain't never make it all out of the Just Studio. I did a couple of joint listen, I ain't gonna front. My favorite city to perform in was Philly Black Parties, because what happened was I ain't never make it past there, right, Like I ain't about tas I Burnt Gill. I had him go to perform at this block party for free. I got a couple of hours for it.
Speaker 1: I ain't telling you no.
Speaker 4: This is the promo run. This will be first because he ain't really know nothing about rap, right, so he do the show. We all at the block party, you know, not the regular block parties, like the drawing when they blocked the street off, like it's like every year they had the joint. But I ain't never getting nowhere in my rap career, so you know, I ain't never make it. What was your favorite city?
Speaker 2: Philly?
Speaker 1: Philly, Philly?
Speaker 2: That turned out Philly and Connecticut. Yeah, I ain't gonna lie Philly. I never had a dead show on Philly. Like again, it felt like my home that was away from my home. It felt like a big Brooklyn, you know, like because it was like like Brooklyn was off limits at that time, and it was like the whole city of philip was just like off limit. It was just a rough, rough city and I had I can make it. I didn't even have to make fully clean versions, do you know what you know?
Speaker 4: I mean people I talk to and they always talking about They always mentioned a lot of people I talked to, they always mentioned like Philly was like.
Speaker 1: The second home. Yeah, especially a New York artist.
Speaker 4: Know who else said that?
Speaker 1: Cam? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean me and Cam probably had the same audience, like pretty man. He said.
Speaker 4: Philly was like that was his place, like Philly, Philly, Philly. It was like always I'm talking about I talked to the artists from all athletes.
Speaker 1: Always I love Philly.
Speaker 4: All type of ship they get trapped at Philly.
Speaker 2: And you know what's crazy about Philly like and this was early on, was it was a religious city but you could still get smoked. Like it was like like you could learn something like that. I can tell you like, yo, no no, I didn't say you don't go down that street. And you're like a minute, don't you like, don't go there? But listen, man, I just gotta say this. You gotta get that ship out of your head. Man, listen, you wanted to look a girl to know that ship is not real.
Speaker 4: That's the tooth.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: Do you know how they be getting the Jews put on here, They break it up, then they spray the size and ship and they line it up with the with the car. But you lined the ship with.
Speaker 1: This in Turkey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like this, come on, I'm dying the grades, but this is my real You can't twist come on you, I mean not you don't wanted you to touch, but if you actually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, girl, Yeah, this boy was crazy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you this is real talk.
Speaker 2: As my hair was growing, right, I said, you know what I seen the l A l A video, right, my man?
Speaker 4: So I said, this raised me three one three day.
Speaker 1: That's right, Detroit B.
Speaker 2: I said to myself, I said, yo, I'm gonna twist my ship up, but I'll be seeing you on the more comments.
Speaker 1: So I said, I said wild was a hater, yo, get me listen, like you know what I was mad about it. I was mad.
Speaker 4: I was like, hold on all this time, I'm like, hold that kiss, nigga, you ain't really balda. I said, let me find kiss my hand into it, and then me and then I was and then Prime prime time. I'm gonna come on this out, I said, Prime, you was bored. You had a ball here? What the fuck you do? Crime that I got somebody you can go see the Yeah, this dumb ship Prome.
Speaker 2: We listen, listen, listen here my witness. We at the doctor's office. The doctor This mean what doctor you went to?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 2: Because I had information on my knee. Yeah yeah yeah, no no no no no no, I had information on my knee.
Speaker 1: So I had to get my ship. Right, So it's not ahead, you know, it's look at me there, just so you know you can.
Speaker 2: Look it up. So, so h the doctor, this is how that's how I know my ship. It's fucking people up, the doctors like yo bo. So he gets me in the room by myself. He's like, y'all just want you to know this is what I'm taking. He's showing me like the pills or whatever. And I'm like, okay.
Speaker 1: So he's trying to have a heart the heart like a hair, trying to have a heart to heart.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, yo, doc, can I tell him about that new podcast coming out? Doc podcast?
Speaker 1: Okay? So I had like this, I had to take this ship off. He just no, my hat, my hat, so.
Speaker 2: My hat, the doctor, I only went through my ship, but he had his assistant come in and go through the ship.
Speaker 4: I'm just letting you know your now No, he said, Doc show, I ain't got none of that. When he said doctor, he said the field hard coach. So listen, Okay, here's a new podcast coming out called the Guttings Report, right, the Ginnings, the Gettings, Gettings, Doctor Gettings Right. Okay, he's from Philadelphia, right, he don't say no names. But this dude bringing dudes back to life.
Speaker 1: With the hair.
Speaker 2: No, what does this means? What?
Speaker 1: What do y'all? What the y'all listen, this dude is out there getting y'all y'all. I was I was shot.
Speaker 4: I was shot because me and Gil went through the interview.
Speaker 9: No, no, wed, Gil did Gil gilt ye call the doctor, come on, call it doctor.
Speaker 4: So so so we go to the doctor right because Gil gil wife comes to me. Gil wife comes to me. She like they had a little rough pass because hey, Gil, tell him about Listen, you remember when I took you.
Speaker 1: To the doctor for your birthday.
Speaker 4: You remember what you remember when I saved your life, saved your marriage?
Speaker 1: He said, I told you.
Speaker 4: You know you got this, and I saved his life. His wife told me like, Yo, this ain't gonna work. She was like, I was like, what happened? Don't get that the cut she's reading at divorce.
Speaker 1: I don't know what because I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready.
Speaker 4: For doctor Guinnes. So doctor Gineys. Listen, he he went to doctor. I'm leaving now. I ain't talking to me right now. He went to doctor Guinne's cause Doctor Ginnis. I can't let him get it sh off because for doctor Ginnings, right, he got a joint called the Doctor Ginnings Report, new podcast coming out, Doctor Guineas. He got like I'm talking about from team holders, famous people, Rammers, young kid, so he gil going there. He just come back out with like this whole this backpack, he got the pump, he got the whole hook ups. He like, he's like, he said, you're not man change his life even happy since the board, Doctor Ginnis.
Speaker 1: So you got doctors like that.
Speaker 2: Let me just ask because my friend mister Lee either in Sunny.
Speaker 4: D Boris drain go to doctor getting wait wait wait you're getting let me.
Speaker 2: Finish yet Boris drained?
Speaker 1: And Eddie Giggs.
Speaker 2: Listen, hold on, hold on, hold up. Oh you ain't know what I'm saying. And I'm gonna let our rock.
Speaker 12: He's still on the young nigga shit. All of them niggas ship is busting blanks. Oh so they niggas can't get nothing. They can't get nothing pregnant. If they tried, they can't get nothing.
Speaker 2: Pregnantny this nigga sixty five years old, still.
Speaker 4: Try the lickas Sonny this nigga sperm.
Speaker 1: He was Nigga sperm is powered at this point. Yeah, he's like good.
Speaker 2: It's like Lebron and Lebron stopped playing. It's like, hey, these old motherfuckers could doctor Giggins helped up held them.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the day, I want to get all y'all props for hold on.
Speaker 1: I want to get doctor Giggins health. These niggas pressing.
Speaker 4: Health anybody again his report it's coming out, so they could be he gonna get.
Speaker 1: All the games because your over is about to be over this you'l reready be done.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say this. I'm gonna say this. I want I want to I want to salute y'all right for creating an outlet and the platform for people to hear the stories that we never would have heard on Drink Champs.
Speaker 1: We heard some ship, some funny ship, some sad ship, some game that we.
Speaker 4: Never would have heard if y'all ain't come up with the idea you know what I mean of just creating a like think about this ship. We never had the opportunity growing up to know anything. Anyway, you will see noise if you came to the town to do a show or if you seen you on BT or something, but nobody never It wasn't no social media. Now, you know, everybody know anything about everybody life a little bit, but still the legends. You just didn't know how certain things happened, how certain beats came about, how studio sessions, how features came like you just you just didn't know. So it's like this platform is major for the culture, and I think I think we all did this sort.
Speaker 1: It's major, na and.
Speaker 2: We appreciate y'all. Following the bootprint, you're gonna get only fans for what? Because I heard Niggas is getting only fans now, I don't know nothing about that. I heard like barbaros and all that.
Speaker 4: But they cutting here and only fans. Why would I want to see him couting here?
Speaker 1: It's weird shit going on in this world.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm gonna say this, though, man teaches on they gotta do their thing. I guess people, it's like, you know, it's a lot of frustration going on in our community because one thing, we got to understand a lot of people they understand this ship. The Internet ain't for everybody. Everybody can't hustle on the Internet, and a lot of times we don't know that. So we get on there and when we play ourselves right, and then you see a lot of frustration because they might see you, they might see him, they might see psy, they might see whoever working their mojo on the net and it getting off. They be mad because they think they could do what you do, because they think it's easy, like a person to look at drink champs and say, oh, I could just sit there, have some have some liquor and talk about shit. They looking at They looking at the glory, ain't looking at the story to build up to this ship different the different places you always at, how the rooms got bigger. How you know they not looking at that. They ain't looking at where you started from. They ain't looking at They don't look at when an artist bes trying to figure this ship out. And you and I think social media destroyed. Destroyed is because nobody know how to just say, you know what, I'm gonna go after. I'm gonna go after my guy given talent. And you might be a hell of a mechanican. We could run a bag of all for that, but you abandoned your true talent in order to chase this Internet ship, and it's Internet ship ain't for everybody. It's a delicate it's a different type of hustle. But everybody think they can just go go in there like, Oh, I'm gonna go in here, it's gonna pop, I'm gonna do one moment, I'm gonna go virue. When it's gonna happen that ship, everybody go virball. They don't stay here because they ain't got nothing to laying on. It ain't nobody at work there. But when you working, it's different. So you know, for y'all to do what y'all do for everybody and still be here.
Speaker 2: And we controlling the coach of yes us we control. I mean we made it to the fact that God bless mecause I might sound like a dinosaur. But back in the days, they to have something called a rollout and that rollout will consist of the fourteen hottest markets for that artist to do it. And we've changed it. Along with the pioneers that we named earlier, we've changed it. So now the record labels they have to come see us, don't we don't charge, I don't charge no come on here that you have to earn this. But the fact, and we don't pay it, and we don't pay it, but it is like, you know, I got my my young internests used to be interest back then. Now they're the big homies and I come hang out with them and eat zz's and they be like, you look, look, listen, this is the marketing meeting. They don't know that you're my homeboy. But their first thing wants to be drinking chaffs. They first, their second thing wants to be me, and I was worth a game. They something like, you know what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that we're part of that marketing. Yeah, the podcast wasn't even on that list. Listen, let's all pat ourselves on the back. We made it. You know. Let me big up to my brother NAS because he did something. Okay then I didn't realize until it was years later. NAS did one interview when he dropped his ship and it was with us, that's all you need now, And let me tell you what NAS proved with that. Every other outlet picked us up. I don't know why I keep doing this. You gotta be hype. You got like you right now, So like every.
Speaker 1: Every other hour, I picked it up. So and let you know that.
Speaker 2: Look, this is what Nas did for us and for the game. He was like, you know what, I'm gonna do the interview for just drinking chance. But his what his, He was his with the genius part of that was every other outlet from see BS to NBC to the World Star, to wrap Radar to whatever whatever either solar clip or bor clip or picked it up. So with that being said, he still did every media out it.
Speaker 1: He did it through us. He empowered us literally us and hip. I didn't realize that. I didn't realize that Jay had did that for rap Radarf. You know what I'm saying. I didn't realize that.
Speaker 4: It's crazy because some people do it without knowing, because like even with us, we didn't have the one Dirk do us, Thug do us, King Boy, and certain people just do us and that and that's great that we held that spot. And I think I'm thankful for them because they got to do that beautiful because because when you could do a great interview, you don't even need to go to one spot and I don't care which way you go. Like I always telling Young was go with you feel as though it was compatible to your audiences. What's going to happen for you, But it's in a different time where you don't have to do this big rule. I went around, you go to one joint. Heybody going clipping anyway? Clip We're still gonna clip they part, uh says anybody gonna clip it and go, you know, go their way because there's so many different outlets now. But you know, it's a blessing when you got people that could do ship like that for you.
Speaker 2: But before I say what people don't do big of somebody real quick vibes, Cartel vibes probably promoted.
Speaker 1: The best ever this show of a guest.
Speaker 2: And what I'm trying to this, here's my question, like obs like we didn't even I don't know, I don't know if the team what's sending him on his own He was doing it on his own zone.
Speaker 1: Listen to me.
Speaker 2: So so his interview Scott Rocket and they went through the roof. But then you got artists they won't post their won't motherfucking.
Speaker 1: No, you know you know you know what.
Speaker 4: And I don't blame him because you got no no, no, I blame him.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you. Let me let me let me let me, let me let me because you know why. I'm from both sides.
Speaker 2: All right, go ahead, I'm from both sides artists and.
Speaker 1: As an artist, because you know why. And I'm gonna be cocky for you. Some of these artists you.
Speaker 2: Don't even need, and then you come on to my motherfucking platform and then you don't overvote it.
Speaker 1: That shit hurts me.
Speaker 2: And but his what's crazy about me? And I'm gonna be honest. I went to Elliott Wilson. This is before Drink Champs was Drink Champs. Elliott Wilson was annoying. He hit me every hour on the hour and said, keep posting, We're gonna be number one.
Speaker 1: Keep posting, we gonna be number one.
Speaker 2: So when I started Drink Champs, I thought of me being Elliott Wilson, Yeah, and asking people to do that. Elliot, I'm not trying to diss you. I'm just being this is this is real talk. So I've never asked the artist to post, not once to me. It's a mutual respect. You come on my platform, he posted to you. Supposed have you ever had experiences with that?
Speaker 4: I realized in my field, sometimes we deal with people that's more younger and they take the Instagram pages, and they treat them like they don't understand. Instagram is strictly for marketing. When they paid some people with they pages to be pretty, I only put this. I'm listen, listen. Let me explain something to you. If you look at my page, if you look at if you look at my page, I get it. The purpose of an Instagram or social media page is a journal to show your story to your glory.
Speaker 1: On my page, the ship that I.
Speaker 4: Was posing, the stuff that I was posting in that prison style was still on there. I never took nothing down because I need you to see my journey. I need you to see me in nanny crib. I need you to see me running around. I need you to see it so you can say, oh, this shit ain't happen overnight. A lot of people just say, let me take all that shit down, Just let me get this perfect life. I'm gonna have five pictures up here with just the highest views on it and just live off that. No, bro, people need to see the real story. But I realized that a lot of people, a lot of people, they take their page is so personal they don't want to post and repost. But then you got people that will. I have a lot of people that do repost it because and you know, and I know, we didn't help a lot of people get number one because that week when they come in and we going because one thing about me and Gil were different than anybody were running that shit all day. We're gonna go hard when your ship, we just keep going. Yeah, we got so many pages. We're gonna keep going pumping it for you because we want you to win. Yeah, because we're showing the power with the platform. But I agree with I understand you got you gotta right to fill that way.
Speaker 1: But some people just I mean to tell you the truth.
Speaker 2: Like the beautiful part about I'm about to say us, but I'm saying all of us of us is we have our own audience. So sometimes it is about the artist that's the president, but sometimes it's about we just interacting.
Speaker 4: We're just having a combos.
Speaker 2: So I just feel like I have never asked, Like I said, I've never asked the artist to do it. But but I feel like it's a mutual respect, you know what I mean. Like I'm not gonna go to Ansie Martinez show and then just listening to her on the radio. I'm gonna be like, Yo, you know what, checked me out. I'm gonna be on the Voice of New York at three o'clock. But then there's certain people who just like, we don't do the promo runs. Yeah, I can't promo.
Speaker 1: We we just keeping your ass at the radio.
Speaker 4: No, no, we just say I'm smoking, man, I'm drinking hibikie.
Speaker 1: This ain't no motherfucking brand here.
Speaker 2: We've done it, and it never works out for us, especially, I mean, see the problem with me, And I mean it's got to be the problem with y'all too, because y'ad y'all something for having these relationships. So a lot of times they ever trying to hit me direct, and I'll be like, you know what, and you know, try not to do it because I know that it's going to get it's going to get lost and and and all these other interviews and certain people, well listen, and then certain people will be like, nah, you know, I'm me and it's like nah, dog like like like it's not really no one, specially when you think.
Speaker 1: About were all southern dog food in costcos.
Speaker 2: So it's about who fucking and is flying, you know, it's thinking about how much different dog brands is.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I thought, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, but in fucking costcos unless that guy greeting you in the front says, look, kibbles and bitches over here.
Speaker 1: Everyone else is just normal dog food.
Speaker 4: But we killed that.
Speaker 1: That was the nazis good.
Speaker 2: It's a great, so good about that, Basel.
Speaker 4: But no, you know it is what it is. Yeah, he has something that's gonna come and something.
Speaker 1: Right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And you can hate him if rewind time?
Speaker 4: No, rewind listen, rewind time?
Speaker 1: Do you want me to rewind your time?
Speaker 2: Do you want you? Dude? No, my ship going Okay, it's gone. But I will say this though, well I look like I belong on a soap opera.
Speaker 1: Come on official box that sunny?
Speaker 2: Is this official?
Speaker 1: But now it's not? You know this is you look great and it's not officials. This is the photoshop John.
Speaker 4: I will say, this is like if it starts ringing equally that she's gonna start that she's gonna get me your eye, your eye.
Speaker 1: You ain't see me in the pool and all that you want is the pool.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Pain.
Speaker 1: But I told you this. This is my real hair.
Speaker 2: This is my trying to come on fast forward time, fast fullard time. You're gonna now we're gonna ended with this man. Let me just tell you something. I was watching y'all. You know, yeah, yeah, I made it to that level, started getting money, getting them, getting that bread. Your watch selection is very good, thank you, because you.
Speaker 1: Could have fucked up.
Speaker 2: You you is you.
Speaker 1: You could have fucked up. You could have went and got a bus down. Now I'm seeing you with f GMT.
Speaker 2: You believe is that the gym?
Speaker 1: Yes believe? Okay, okay, that's a new one too. Yes, okay, okay, okay, I don't know. You couldn't you could have.
Speaker 2: Listen, okay, okay, so listen asks how did you get into watches?
Speaker 4: Just you know, being in jail looking at the magazines and one, you know, the next level, and I just understood the value of it. I said, okay, you know, you got to have a certain taste. And I said, I only wanted the good stuff. And I see your watch selection. It's serious.
Speaker 2: Okay, but let's talk about yours right right now, right now, right now, I've seen you went. We got the president, You got the president date they date right, Yeah, that's easy. You know you got Is that a gm T What does that called? That's a GMT correct?
Speaker 1: Yes, right? And then what else you got?
Speaker 2: What else you got?
Speaker 1: John Mayor?
Speaker 2: You got the John Man, that's right with the green face John May Daytona, Daytona, Yeah, ice blue.
Speaker 4: Ice ice blue, platinum, ice.
Speaker 1: Boo platinum with the Arabic dog, Daytona.
Speaker 4: With the flooded Rolex diamonds and inside Daytona will color the platinum Daytona. Uh I got the lefty.
Speaker 1: He made it.
Speaker 2: He made it, He made the left he made it.
Speaker 1: All right? Who I got to watch show?
Speaker 2: You just made it? I got? I got.
Speaker 1: I forget you're forgetting. Yes, I'll just be forgetting. And ye that's another story, you know what I mean? So your car collector as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, uh I love the Porsches, the different love Porsches a different.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I used to like the land, but the lamb got too. It was dab's too all over the place. All right, you're not going you know the g T three that's like the yeah it's different over here type.
Speaker 2: Joont see, I'm a nigga of that, Like American cars. I was gonna get you get a Corvet and everybody told they almost.
Speaker 1: Know you be having that ship. Yeah no, no, no, what I'm saying like, I can't get it.
Speaker 4: I'm asking you get what one of my favorite cars, one of my favorite cards in my pickup truck. Really GMC now the pickup truck so I can get the dukes of haz You get what you want. Gil only got American.
Speaker 1: That's all haz Coop. You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Listen, that's all you've got. The con he got all American minds. He got all old schools, all American cars.
Speaker 2: So you know the way I can get the duces and Hazard John Gill do I want to do Hazard?
Speaker 1: And I wanted the court Vette at seventy seven.
Speaker 4: Gill know all that Gill got Gil ship is stupid, right, he got all that stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm right man. Well Yo, wil o. Man, I can't thank you enough.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I want you to continue to do your thing.
Speaker 2: Man, I want you to continue to be a positive, you know, role model to the to the to the young folks out there, to everyone out and all of you. You know, I mean, we appreciate that, we appreciate your struggle, We appreciate what you've been through. We appreciate you not being bitter. There's so many people that could have took that route, so many people it took you know, you know, not the way that you took. You're a very positive person. Everybody I know that. You know we're here and we do this for a living. But when we said that you was coming, everybody wanted to come and get you. So many to have a picture with you. I want to tell you how dope it is and continued success, your book, yr, your your your energy, drink Yeah, because I drink.
Speaker 1: This is what I drink, but I drink I'll drink that afterwards.
Speaker 2: But as you're going around, yo, man, man, we appreciate you can.
Speaker 3: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d J e f N. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple, Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcast. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours Truly, DJ.
Speaker 2: E f N and n O r E.
Speaker 3: Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at Drink Champs across all platforms at the Real noriagon I g at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com