Speaker 1: Well, well, well, the finals are tied.
Speaker 2: What is it the finals?
Speaker 3: Well, well, I thought it was gonna be something a little bit different, but it's tied one one and as the teams had the South beat for tonight's pivotal Game three, we're gonna get into the series plus some of when Beyama's latest highlights. Oh My with Bleacher Reports Molly Morrison on today's episode.
Speaker 4: I'm Miles Gray and I'm Jack O'Brien, and this is Miles Jack Matt Boosties.
Speaker 2: Oh I like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was kind of a Kermit vive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one was fun.
Speaker 4: You'll never know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Davis indeed driving spinning.
Speaker 4: Curry a three punter Steph Curry from the.
Speaker 2: Hotel again, Yes with THEE no shot time? Do you go?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Anyway, Molly Morrison a Bleacher Report, Welcome to Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 6: Yes, thank you guys for having me. I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 4: Do you have not one but two cats?
Speaker 6: I do have two cats?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I thought you had either one very fast cat that was able to go from one side of the.
Speaker 6: Screen to the too, and they like to appear in all the podcasts I'm in, So you'll be seeing them.
Speaker 4: Okay, fantastic, fantastic, We love that around here.
Speaker 2: How are you enjoying the Finals? Thus far? We are one game behind the listeners. But games one and two, I feel like I can start telling my not like super big basketball fan friends to watch right, which I feel like they're not.
Speaker 6: Yeah they weren't, so might as well tell now. I feel great. I thought it was going to be a fun matchup, and it is a fun matchup, you know. I feel like a lot of people were quick to sort of push Miami out of the equation after Game one, which people do. People are very reactionary, you know, oh, it's going to be a sweep. Oh, nuggets and five and still could be Nuggets and five. But I thought, you know, this was going to be a good series, and it's it's looking like it's shaving out to be one.
Speaker 2: I just Denver had figured them out in game one. That's my favorite. We keep hearing over and over they figured them out. But the Heat have now figured yokitch out, so it's over the Heat.
Speaker 6: And yeah, yeah, I loved coach Boe so quick to dismiss that question the other day about about defending, and I'm like, are you just doing that because she you know what strategy.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: He was a little he was a little too eager to shut that down. But I thought it was a fair question, and you know, I think there are ways to figure out Denver, and I still think Denver is gonna win the series. But I think that my theory is whoever wins Game three wins the series.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we'll get into that clip too. We're gonna play it and talk about it, because yeah, we're trying to decide if it's really some galaxy brain like he's just like, oh, that's what you pour mortals. He's coaching so well, he's like making brilliant decisions. So it could be that, or it could be this is this is how I would have reacted if I had one idea and like somebody was just like, so you just did this right, No, because there's a point where he like puts his eyes in his hand, which is what I would do too, when I'm like, oh, oh, don't let you for a second.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I need to get ahead of y'all there. But yeah, I actually didn't read any of the discourse about that, so I was that like sort of what people were thinking that it was one of those two.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's like anything, right, Like I mean the broad point of like you can you're going to turn Yoki into a score, you're gonna turn into a passer. Many people have talked about that over the year. Steve Kurr been talking about that too, But I think I think more for us, we were just we were really interested in the reaction.
Speaker 6: Yah.
Speaker 1: It's either like, were you you seem pressed by like being asked that question in a way that felt a little less like zen that I'm used to from sposure, or you'd have been like I feel like you could have just let that rolled off and like that could be something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe a combination of those rather be like yeah, ah, here's the deal, folks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's actually my favorite thing is like how would I have responded in this press conference moment, because like we just can't know. It's such a weird thing, like, hey, you just did forty eight minutes of insane adrenaline that we can't imagine like ghosted on the podium and answer questions from reporters. Right, It's an interesting one.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if I thought she was going to ask that question and it really was like, my only strategy, I would have like shadowed what this press conference is over halfway through the question, like before she could get it out. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, like knocked the table over.
Speaker 1: But like to your point, like game one, I was like, okay, this, this looks like what I thought a Game one would look like, uh, Yolk is doing his thing.
Speaker 4: And then Game two was quite different.
Speaker 1: I mean, like the Heat had I think their most efficient fourth quarter of the season, which makes sense because they absolutely just ran away with it then. But at the same time, we were looking at things like Kevin Love starting and being like, oh okay, we're seeing.
Speaker 2: And then like quarter two and three and even the beginning of like the fourth quarter, I feel like Denver just looked. It was like, oh, this series is going to be this, It's going to be the thing we thought it was going to be after Game one. But I keep underestimating Miami. I think everybody does. Anyone who's like, nah, dude, I had this one at the beginning is probably lying or just an insane Miami stan But uh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, interesting you mentioned the efficiency because like they yes, but then they the Nuggets closed out the fourth quarter on like an insane run. Yeah, and I thought what was so underrated and that was Bam making those two free throws, because that was impressive, Like as a big man in that moment, I don't know that was I didn't think he would sing both of those. So show up at him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, He's incredible. Just the Miami like having that unshakeable confidence like that really does seem to be the thing that it's just they game after game when everybody else is like they're out of this, Like they are the one. They are the only people in the arena who are like, now we still have this, We're still like they expect to win at every point of every game.
Speaker 4: I feel like, yeah, So.
Speaker 2: I mean in the context of the game two adjustment, like what was the difference between game one and game two?
Speaker 4: We talked about.
Speaker 2: So the the clip we're talking about, Ramona Shellburn like basically is says the thing that I think a lot of people like, their first impression when you look at the box score is that Jokic only had four assists. Usually he's like up in the double digits of assist. This is like and the the heat like made more threes than them, and so they were like oh, they let Jokic score in the paint and then you know, just out shot them from three, which is like that is that a new strategy? Like, do we have any confirmation from an NBA coach I feel, or like in the offseason, I want some journalists asking NBA coaches this because it's really seemed like it was the strategy in like Game one of the six Ers, Like I'm a Sixers fan, unfortunately, and like Sixers Celtics, Like Game one, it looked like I was watching like a different sport because they're just like giving them layups. It was like I was like, this is the worst defense around the back that I've ever seen a team play, and yet the Sixers still ended up winning by just like making more threes than them. Do we think that like there is a strategy where they're just like, yeah, just we'll we'll give them two's and outshoot them from threes because it's really like our only chance.
Speaker 6: It can't be that easy, you know, it's clearly not that easy. They had the best record in the NBA and like we're the number one seed for a reason, they've not struggled thus far in the playoffs. Really, this is like the first time people have actually been like, oh, I don't know, den here could they? Like they haven't faced much competition really when you think about it, And I think, like that is certainly an interesting point and an interesting strategy, But at the end of the day, like so many dominoes, also have to like fall correctly for that to just like be the strategy that we're Also it's kind of underestimating Yokic and like his ability to you know, create those things and make those things happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that was supposed point too. Yeah, exact, he's so good. What are you talking about? You can't just be can't just figure something out that quickly, right?
Speaker 1: And I think that's like what kind of Steve Kerr was saying that, you know, the big thing was, well, just neutralize Jamal Murray then like except that Jokic is gonna yo Kicic and then do everything you can to try and take his other toys away. And yeah, and I think it also has to then you also need, like Michael Porter Junior to not be shooting.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: It takes a like to your point, Molly, it takes a couple other things to all come together for that to make like seamless sense, because yeah, otherwise I feel it might be too tidy of an explanation, although I would just be funny if philosophically they're like, no, man, he's better than two's.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's right. It's like the numbers do say that, so that I do think like to that point, you know, we'll analyze the spoke clip or whatever. But I do think it's a fair question. But I also understand being like that's too you know, that's too simple, Like, no, that's not it at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do we want to watch the spokelpy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's sear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're treating this like a lot of build up to this. The film of NBA post game in it.
Speaker 1: Even like like Molly was saying, you're coming off of an like you're eking out a win in Denver like the way they did and then having to face the press, he looked like he was like like, yeah, I've been I'm in a kind of a high intense and high intensity environment.
Speaker 4: But yes, let's sit down at this microphone.
Speaker 3: Probably oversimplifying things, but sometimes when when teams play against you, gets you turn them into a score, you turn them into a passer.
Speaker 2: And he controls the game. You only have four systems.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's ridiculous. You know, it's just that's the untrained eye that that says something like that. This guy is an incredible player. You know, twice in two seasons, he's been the best player on this planet. You can't just say, oh, make him a score. That's not how they play. They have so many different actions that just get you compromised.
Speaker 2: Uh, we have.
Speaker 5: To focus on what we do. You know. We try to do things the hard way, and he requires you to do many things the hard way. Man, he has our full respect. Okay, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: Okay, I gotta go.
Speaker 7: I gotta He's like, guys, guys, he's like making noises on the table, like trying to, like, I don't know, distract I just realized that I actually wouldn't have answered it that way.
Speaker 2: I would have just even if it wasn't my strategy, I would have claimed it was and taken full credit for the win and just been like, yeah, I'm kind of a genius. That was pretty smart of me.
Speaker 6: You know what that looks like to me though, watching that, that looks like me when the sixth person today has asked my thoughts about the Jamaran situation. So like, I like, but this is probably a question that he has been hearing and that he is just like sick of or she I just I don't no, it's possiating. I mean, I feel like we could and have spun the whole podcast episode really just diving into the body language, the wording.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're just getting started, Molly. This is we're gonna take this. This is frame by frame.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a three episode arc with Molly.
Speaker 2: To your point about adrenaline, my dad was an NBA coach and one time I had a friend come with me to a game and he came back to the locker room after it was a win, and Tony Batti was on my dad's team and he went by Batman and my friend was wearing a Batman shirt and he was like, oh, hi, Ryan, to see you my dad. And my friend was like, look, I wore the Batman shirt, like you know, Tony Batti, Batman. What do you think? My dad said, I hate it. I think it stinks. And it was like he'd never really like met this guy before. It was just and like he I don't think he meant it, Like I don't know what he meant, I guess it's dismissing that I like still talk about, but it's like, I just don't think you are in your right mind after a game, Like the fact that I think about that'll often like what the fact that like players have to go out there like just answer questions that are then analyzed like the the Pruder film.
Speaker 6: Exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's tough. It's tough.
Speaker 1: I mean, like the last thing I'll say is like if the most cynical reading of it is like it was spot on, it was that simple, and suppose answer is like you got caught serving like a store bock cake at a dinner, like as if you baked it.
Speaker 4: Is this a store box? Oh my gosh, you think this is a store bock cake.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's something who doesn't know anything about baking would say, yeah, because no, this is like.
Speaker 6: That's obviously the funniest possibility there, but sadly the most likely it's probably just like he was agitated and he went a little I mean he went a little too little little. Yeah, you know how things you know, you those press conference take clips out like not that like in my job, you know, I purposely make sure I'm not taking things out of context, but like you can't just get embarrassed in press conferences anymore, and like no one hears about it, you know, it's.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, I don't know, you know, kind.
Speaker 6: Of embarrassing someone like that and then making those rounds online when like you know that it's the best. It's not the best. But I mean it's nothing to like, it's not a judgment on his character. I mean, like we've said, it's a weird, a weird situation.
Speaker 2: Especially as she opened up saying this is probably oversimplifying it. Oh oh gosh, maybe maybe that made him feel comfortable to just be like, yeah, it is oversimplifying it. And we we did talk about a clip earlier in the playoffs where somebody asks Spoe, like, so, how do you plan on like covering Randall? And he had kind of a similar response, but like with you know, probably thirty degrees less stress and anxiety and adrenaline, where he was just like, first of all, like he is an INCREDIB player and like you can't just figure him out. Second of all, if I had a solution, I definitely wouldn't tell him. I love that answer, so I mean, taken in that context, like I don't know, maybe maybe he should have said that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you know that's why, like your point about your dad and the story and everything, like, that's why I personally have never been someone who like is mad when a player skips press availability. That being said, if they're doing it every single game, like at that point, it's you know, a problem or even frequently, but like after like a high intense to or high stress like situation, it is okay in my opinion to be like, I I can't do this right now. I don't want to do this right now, like take the fine. I mean, who, like what does that really affect me? I wouldn't want to sit up there and answer questions after being embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially when the questions are sometimes so that bad thing that happened where you like did your job bad? Like yeah, what was going through your mind? And like just you know, this is how you feed your family. A lot of people saw that. Man, your thoughts? Does that make you panic? Does that make you panic?
Speaker 6: Think it?
Speaker 4: Don't be messing it up? No, Okay, all right, let's reach if you take a break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's take a break. We'll come back finish up talking about just strategy in this series and then talk about WEMA. We're enjoying the French, the French commentators for sure, and we're back. So one thing, another take from Game two was that it was all about like the Nuggets did a bad job defending the three. I saw that take because the Heat shot over fifty from three and you know a lot of them were open looks. And then like it just made me wonder because the Heat are either playing great, like defending the three really well or you know, getting a good streak of variability or luck when it comes to like opponent three point shooting percentage, and like that that does seem to like be what this series could kind of be decided by. Is like is three point shooting defense a thing? Like I think it was. Doris Burke was like, well, the reason the Denver lost is because their three point shooting defense was atrocious, And like I do remember having that thought during the game, like they the Heat are getting some really good looks. But then you know when you go back and look like a lot of thes like Yogic might have had ten assists if like some of the you know, shots by his teammates were going down like they were missing some open looks. I feel like the analytics people generally say it's pretty like kind of random the distribution with three point shooting, like they don't NBA teams don't actually take that many contested threes. And then when you look at it across like a big sample size being a good three point shooting defense team changes like one to two points per game. Yeah, basically, which is a lot over the course of a season, but maybe not over the course of like a single seven game series, which I guess helps with all the variability we're seeing and why we might be seeing a team like the Heat making this serious of a run this deep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel like in game one they were getting a lot of good looks as well though, and they were getting a lot of those open looks, but they were just missing them. So yeah, for me, like when you know, Heat fans would be like, oh, like I'm sad, I was like, you know, y'all got good looks, you just gotta gotta hit them. Yeah. Yeah, I think that it's so easy, like in after a game to be like, oh, look at that, they got all those looks, but no one was really saying that. After the Nuggets one game one.
Speaker 2: So right, Yeah, it's not as interesting if like the entire day on ESPN the next day, all anyone's saying is like, yeah, I mean, if the heat had made their shots, I feel like they would have won.
Speaker 4: What's the secret there? Winning they make those threes? They got a chance.
Speaker 6: This Tigers coach Josh Passner Memphis Tigers, used to always say after losses, he'd be like, gotta make shots.
Speaker 4: So that's what I think of your category. Should we move to France?
Speaker 2: I would love I mean, I do just want to say, I know, move. I also just the Jimmy Jimmy Butler hasn't had it like going in the way he had it going in the first couple series or even the like Milwaukee was really the one where it was just like he seemed to be willing the ball to the basket every time he wanted, and like, but he's still like finding ways to like he's suddenly making better use of that pass where you like drive it into like underneath the basket and then you just have like every angle open to you to like pass it out like Nash used to do that. And I feel like we haven't seen someone do it as well as Jimmy, Butler's been doing it since Steve Nash, Like all of a sudden, he's he's just finding ways to contribute.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's distant, you know, And it's it's so interesting because like it's never been the fact that he's the best player on the floor that allows him to win. It's the fact that he, you know, is just like that locked in and that able to figure it out. And I think that like we're seeing that here that he's able to still lead without maybe being as able offensively as he was before, which is like pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what about Tyler? What do you think?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: I are you touching that Tyler Hero?
Speaker 6: So I was saying, I would have I think he's ready, Like he's ready, He's what's the difference now versus you're talking about Tyler Hero? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just Miles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like he is ready. I would have not played him game two, and then if they had lost, which I kind of felt like they would lose, then you you bring him in for game three, bring one game two. Don't don't mess with it. It's it's ringing at this point. Yeah, it's just it's too risky, especially when it's a player who's like not necessarily the know to be the most consistent.
Speaker 1: Right, so and like when they by the just the luck of the Heat always is having somebody step up, Like you know, I.
Speaker 6: Feel like, yeah, if you lose game three is my thoughts honestly, because if you lose, I told I'm telling y'all, I think the winner of game three really really has a huge advantage. Like just the way I've played at the series in both ways head in.
Speaker 4: Your mind, what happens?
Speaker 2: You've run hundreds of simulations.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because think about it. If the Heat win Game three, which like not hard to do, they're coming up the momentum of a game to win. I don't like that it all for Denver. I just think it's too likely that they go and get the next one at home. So so honestly, I think that for a better series, I want Denver to win Game three.
Speaker 2: Weirdly, wow, Yeah, I found myself. I didn't know going into this series, like what direction I was gonna be leaning, And the second it started and I started watching it, I was like, I really want the Heat to win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I felt the same.
Speaker 1: I was like the Nuggets going into them, like they look like the better team. But after watch, like for me kind of having to put all my sort of assumptions aside and be like, oh no, no, we were. We've been like talking about how the Heat are able to like show up pretty good consistently in this postseason, Like it's not no, no, this is this is actually this is more fun this way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, totally. I still think my prediction was like Nuggets and six or Nuggets and seven, and I still think that. But I I don't like the Heat winning get I think that's like the scariest game for them to win in Miami if I'm like the Nuggets right.
Speaker 2: Also, like, in terms of bringing Hero back, Caleb Martin like hasn't really been present for either of the two games, so like he had three points game one and two, so he's doing for a good one. I'm just saying, like, just focus on what has been working to this point in the playoffs, because they have been better like as a team without him than they have at any point with him. So I would make it work. Be like, ah, man, he had a he had a dang setback. Unfortunately, there's you're pushing him over in the park. They need to save him.
Speaker 6: Is like their weapon. If there's an emergence, you know, if it's like, okay, we're gonna like it looks bad, So let's let's throw this in and see if this word so they can't.
Speaker 2: Like then you do the Willis Reid thing. You say you had a setback, but then all of a sudden, who's that coming out of the tunnel. Oh my god, he's snarling the whip like that one time. You guys have your passports, Yeah, I got mine ready.
Speaker 1: All right, well let nude it gotta hop on our flight because they're going to the Charles Dugal.
Speaker 4: Isn't that the main airport anyway, We're going to France.
Speaker 1: It's alright, the Metropolitans, the Mets as we as they call them in the.
Speaker 4: L NB officiel.
Speaker 1: These latest little bits of Wemby highlights, including like longer segments. Jabbari put us onto some like actual gameplay footage because I feel like I've only been watching Wemby in like fifteen second burst.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I'm realizing, like my intake of Wemby has been the same as my intake of like any and one player, Like I haven't I watched that one game in Vegas, but I haven't really watched enough of him, like in the flow, and he looks incredible, Like he just looks like he's going he's going to be amazing. Truly, I think he's gonna be good. That's our take.
Speaker 4: That's a hot take. It's a hot take. But we also got to give a shout.
Speaker 1: Out to the play calls, these commentators in the French League. This is just a fantastic little clip of Wemby will turnaround jump shot. But the the energy, the jois de vive that exists, and it is it's just something else you got any possible.
Speaker 4: Be like he gets you freezy for a boy, but he turned around.
Speaker 2: We takes like a fade away, like I don't know, I feel like a lot of the stuff I see him doing, I'm like, oh that is Oh my god, that that's an actual tool that he has.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I mean it's it's been wild to see just how everything goes. I'm like, okay, well let me see it over like a stretch of time. Okay, let me see how he does against X team. Let me see if he's got these parts of his game. Let me see enough gameplay footage.
Speaker 4: And it's only been.
Speaker 1: Like yes, yes, yes, yes every time. And I'm a little frightened that I've not seen anything. Not frightened, but it's just wild to be like, man, every single piece of evidence just points to like how next level this guy could be.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, that video where he's like scooting around on his little toesies is impressive.
Speaker 6: The one I've been juggling that Kim that's like making the rounds on the internet.
Speaker 1: I mean, like this one where he's like holding the one ball up and then like throwing it or I've like, do you even call that jug?
Speaker 6: I mean, like, you know, there's been all this weird discourse because people love weird, meaningless discourse now like oh was he this hyped up? Was Lebron those hyped up? I am twenty two years old, so I was not around when Lebron James was a you know prospect. I can't release speak to that, but I will say that, like, I just think that what we're watching with him is just so evidently like something that doesn't seem like we can make any sense of. I don't know, like when you're watching him, yeah, it's just like, oh, that doesn't look natural, to the point where like I've never seen something like that, Like that doesn't look like a human should be able to that. Looks like that should be able to move like that and do that right that he's doing. I'm not going to be able to like comprehend it fully until he's like in the league and I'm watching him like play against guys that I am familiar with and like that. I but I mean, it's really just it's a remarkable and like the cynic in me is like, no way, this is gonna just like work like but it's like, I mean, here he is, he's doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The wildest thing about the Lebron hype because it I think it was close to this level, maybe not at this level just because like the media wasn't as saturated with social media.
Speaker 6: Yeah, most people say Lebron's was crazier than this.
Speaker 2: It was we were watching his high school game like that. That was like full games of high school basketball, which is generally unwatchabul when you're used to like watching you know, NBA basketball, And the fact that he did follow through and like deliver on the promise is unbelievable. And then like the other person that they say, like had this much hype is Kareem, right, I think I think that's it. Right, It's Kareem and Lebron and now when Bingama and like all of those were correct, Like there has there been somebody who got an incredible amount of hype like this.
Speaker 6: Zion was pretty remarkable and.
Speaker 2: Was pretty big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true because he was another like physical something like you know what, like this guy's breaking his shoes. It's so big, like it does seem like and it gets to this level it's a if you know, you know, situation, and like Zion was, Like I think the thing with Zion was people were like, if he's able to stay healthy, he's going to be incredible. And when he's been able to stay healthy, he's been incredible. So you know, like people weren't completely off on that one, you know. I guess Odin is the closest to like everybody being like, oh this is this guy's going to be amazing and then it not really panning out. But I think everybody also had, you know, understandable concerns about his health and those ended up being founded.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've seen like so many interesting, like like in depth pieces about him now about like how he's like a nerd and he loves like reading Star Wars books, and he likes art and all these other things. And I'm curious, like if, like, because i think at the end of the day, this kind of attention is such a double edged sword, Like if your personality can handle it, it might motivate you, it might power you up, or it could create a lot of expectation that might be very difficult to contend with psychologically.
Speaker 4: And I'm wondering if.
Speaker 1: Like that, if that is going to be a factor at all, or he's just or what we're seeing just in general is like he's already so next level that it maybe we don't even have concerns about what the expectations are going to do to him.
Speaker 6: I just kind of feel like, when you're that good, it's just like, yeah, I mean, why wouldn't they be saying this about me? I don't know. It's like whatever, I'm doing these things that like no one around me is doing, and like, right, yeah, I don't know, though, I mean it's definitely right, Like is that going to be make him nervous to start his career all these expectations. Maybe, But at the same time, it's like, yeah, I mean the dude's different, and that's what people are saying, and I'm sure he knows that too.
Speaker 2: The Spurs should start making a bunch of noise about how they're not going to take him, just to.
Speaker 6: Like, well, there was that report today that the Hornets might take Brandon Miller to which interests me. But anyway, sorry not to get away from France for a second.
Speaker 2: To your point that like not reacting like this to him would be almost like gaslighting someone. Yeah, like, no, you're crazy, You're not the best play Like just his defense, like some of the blocks that you see, what like in the flow of the game, Like it seems like he casually does the thing that Yiannis did in that one block in the in the finals against the Suns where he was guarding the passer and then like blocked the alley oop on agent, right, Like it just feels like he does that a couple of times a game. Like, just defensively, He's going to be a huge, a huge problem right away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's just wild that he can get like across the paint and like a half of a step basically, Yeah, yeah, these blocks.
Speaker 4: Are something else.
Speaker 1: I honestly, I just hope that we don't lose like the flare of saying his name, because for how like extraterrestrial he seems with his skill, I feel like it's a shame to be like wehen Beam or Wemby, Like I want to hear like that guy who's like.
Speaker 6: That get it, You're gonna get it. I mean, the NBA is salivating at the fact that he is entering the league, like oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I just feel like if I have the French like option for like close captioning or like the you know, commentary track, I would opt to maybe hear that in the.
Speaker 6: Beginning us for every single game, they'll they'll deliver that for us, right right, all right?
Speaker 2: Should we take one last break and then one last come back with the fastest segment in podcasting. You know, we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back, and I think it's time before the storm. He has the calm before the storm. Molly Morrison, you have just ventured into the fourth quarter rapid fire round of questioning. This is the fastest question and answer segment in all of sports podcasting.
Speaker 4: Unequivocal. I'm gonna be unequivocal about that. It is.
Speaker 1: Now we're going to ask you a question you just respond, just react, give your first thought. Don't give a long winded answer, because we like to keep this thing moving. That's the whole point of this. And Molly, if we.
Speaker 4: Start dragging on and interjecting, that's on you.
Speaker 2: Okay, like our listeners can't see, but you probably want to take the fedora off because every time someone does the segment while we're low, it just starts spinning around on their head because the segment is going so fast. Yeah, so just you.
Speaker 1: It's one of those little hats that has a little propeller thing on the top.
Speaker 4: There you go, well out of.
Speaker 1: Your berets because it's time for the fourth quarter, rapid find a fire round of questions. I couldn't even get through it properly. The clock actually actually wow, great zoom fills.
Speaker 6: Wow this the other day I want.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I did the one where you can I turn your can turn your eyebrows like different colors.
Speaker 4: Wow, you want to go first? Here we go first.
Speaker 2: Sure, I'll go first, Miles. Thank you so much for asking.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're very welcome.
Speaker 2: Uh, Mollie, is there a single NBA player you would take right now over the chance of taking Mbiama with the first pick this summer. You are the Spurs and you've gotten the call from every single NBA team.
Speaker 4: Who do you want you can have?
Speaker 2: Who do you you can have? Anyone?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's the right answer.
Speaker 4: Right, No, it's just take it.
Speaker 6: You take it, you don't.
Speaker 2: You take it?
Speaker 6: That's what you think.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. I think that's the right answer. Okay, moving on, man Giannis played his way out of that question by the way that we first started asking everyone. Everyone, Everyone say Yiannis.
Speaker 1: Now it's like obviously it's so you know, we're talking about teams that we want to cover in the off season, you know, just to kind of give a little preview, who's making interesting moves, who has teams that are worth looking at? Spurs obviously, Uh, what are the teams that you are expecting big things from that Maybe.
Speaker 4: We should keep an eye on Rockets maybe, Okay, anyone else or just the Rockets. You don't have to give multiplaners.
Speaker 2: I'm just interesting about the Rockets.
Speaker 6: To you, that's the first chance. Mind. I just think they have like a lot of young pieces that are always somehow involved in like trade rumors and also the weird card and stuff. So it's like, do something create some identity? So I mean same with the Blazers. It's like, are you going to build all these guys? You're going to keep like twiddling them around the trademarket. We just don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, all right. Taylor Swift heard rumors you might be a fan. Was recently rumored to be noodling with Austin Reeves.
Speaker 6: No, that's fake, that's not true.
Speaker 1: I know his brother said, he debaded that. But for this sake, this is just the thing that was on the intert All right. So which NBA player do you think would be the best?
Speaker 6: Oh? That is such a good question, and you have to let me think about it for like at.
Speaker 2: Least ten go ahead twenty four hour four.
Speaker 4: He said he's a swifty Yeah, oh is he?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a swifty What.
Speaker 1: Kind of album would Taylor Swift make if she was dating Jimmy Butler?
Speaker 4: What do you think? What comes? Like?
Speaker 6: What country?
Speaker 4: What does the work look like? After that? That becomes country? Full country?
Speaker 6: She becomes she does like a country like if you know the song this is just for swiftyes, like I bet you think about me on red like pop with like a twine a nice tasteful country twine. I think I think she she'd go into that he's a Texas boy.
Speaker 1: We got to ask you again because it's staying on the Taylor Swift thing. On our other show that we have, the Dailies, guys, we talked about this thing where people were, you know, going to the Taylor's like the Arros tour and experiencing amnesia post concert Amniesia. They said they were so hyped up they couldn't even remember what happened.
Speaker 4: First of all, do you remember your experiences?
Speaker 6: Oh? I remember?
Speaker 4: Okay, reference, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: But also people have been wearing diapers because they don't want to miss a thing. Is there an NBA game, past present, any from history that you would have worn the diaper for because you wanted to see every single moment uninterrupted.
Speaker 6: Game six of the Grizzlies Clippers series and twenty For the reason I say it slowly is because I'm like a little bit unsure of the year. But I'm going to go twent fourteen if you probably are not able to remember what that was, But it was when Zach Randolph put his hands on Blake Griffin's neck, and it was the greatest live sporting event I've ever been to in my life.
Speaker 4: So you're strapping on the diaper for that one one more time?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 2: Also, Jimmy Butler had the thing where he said his teammates don't like when he plays Taylor Swift during warm ups. That happened in twenty fifteen. He's like old head, yeah Swift fan.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, he's a country he loves country. He loves country day right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right, Well, speaking of Zach Randolph, if you can take any former Memphis great put them in their prime with your current Memphis Grizzlies for next season, which player are you choosing to make a run in today's NBA?
Speaker 6: It depends how long is the suspension. No, I mean Zach Randolph because he's my full time favorite. So I'm not even going to think about like how that would make sense in the roster, like it would just be Zach Randolf.
Speaker 4: He's just want to see him out there.
Speaker 6: But I mean, if we're going to be without a point guard for a while, obviously give me Mike Conley. But Tias if we keep Tias, Tyas has got us.
Speaker 4: So okay, Yeah, last question, Molly Jack or Miles.
Speaker 6: Jack or Miles where are you guys from?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 6: We don't learn a little bit more to make that decision.
Speaker 1: It's fine, it's it's just go with whatever, superficial analysis observations.
Speaker 6: And just giving it honestly, Like you guys have been pretty even to me, I'll have to say, so anything would be a reach.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: Wow, so you're a Sixers fan. What are you? Who are you a fan of? That'll help me?
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, that's not true. He has the jersey. I will give him that.
Speaker 6: Miles Miles one, Oh wait?
Speaker 3: Was that a like.
Speaker 4: I'm from l A. Well then what can I do?
Speaker 6: Is my favorite because I kind of I just like Sixers fans. I think they're really funny because they just like are always suffering and and like there's it's just there's something hilarious about Sixers fans. I have many Sixers fans friends, So I'll pick because of that revelational Pictureack.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's all been worth it.
Speaker 4: Did a forensic analysis of my jerseys.
Speaker 6: Wow, you pulled out a jaw jersey and and I was ready to say you instantly, and then it was all.
Speaker 1: Right, I know, look, look I can be a bit of a puckster, a puckish one, I guess to evoke Shakespeare anyway. Thank you so much, Molly Morrison a Bleacher report for joining us uh and choosing correctly in the Jacker Miles, I mean, I thank you.
Speaker 4: It was a reach I shouldn't have I shouldn't have been.
Speaker 2: There's the right answer to that, and it is me.
Speaker 1: Well, it depends show, the show obviously, the context base. But Molly, where can people check out your work and find you and and read your stuff and support you and all that kind of thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, I mean I just graduated following my socials.
Speaker 4: I'm just there you go. Congrats.
Speaker 6: So I'm Molly Hanna on Twitter and TikTok and Molly underscore Morrison on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah great, follow one of the best. Yeah NBA meets Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And we got to give a shout out quickly to our Boosties listener of the week. You know, obviously we love when y'all rate and review the show. This latest one is from original Bes five star. Thank you so much, and not because we've told you to rate it five stars, because you believe it, it said finally, talking about the Nubs, love your show has been listening forever, but y'all never give yokitch's due, not that a lot of people did. Now that the Nuggets and joke Its and Murray are center stage, everyone is seeing it. Love your Takes and the Speed Round. Keep up the good work. You guys should live stream an episode during the finals.
Speaker 4: Maybe longer. Yeah, maybe we'll just do it. One episode will just be.
Speaker 1: Thirty straight minutes of the Speed Round that which could be actually a pretty hilarious thing.
Speaker 4: All right, well we did it.
Speaker 2: Another one in the books.
Speaker 4: Yeah. You can follow me at Miles of Gray on Twitter.
Speaker 2: You can follow me at Jack Underscore O'Briant on There you.
Speaker 1: Go, and check out hashtag mad boosties for show LinkedIn updates.
Speaker 4: We'll be back next week with even more NBA action. Thank you so much. We'll see you then.
Speaker 2: Bye.