Speaker 1: The Old Man's Boston Richard Man check me out on a bootleg kV podcast.
Speaker 2: Before we start the episode, Man, I got to remind everybody that we are on the radio in eighty cities every single day across the country. Man Real ninety two to three every day Monday through Friday in Los Angeles, Wild ninety four to one in Tampa, Kkfur, and Phoenix. We're all over the place, Miami, Vegas, we can go on and on. We want to give a shout out to our latest affiliate. Shout out to Knoxville, Tennessee, Man Hot one oh four point five for being the latest city to join the Bootleg CAV show network. All right, now, I don't ever really talk about the radio show on the podcast, keep them separate. But if you want to listen to the radio show, you can click the link in the bio for a list of all the cities you can listen to at. Yeah, that makes sense. Let's get to the interview, Yo, Bootleg CAV podcast. We got a special guest in here, got one of the hottest records in the country right now, Man Real, Boston Richie in the building. It's big with them, Man's Richard. I'm chilling. I'm just uh, you know, it's election day. Did you vote?
Speaker 3: Are you? I can't vote. I can't vote.
Speaker 2: It's because you're a convicted felon. Damn. I thought in Florida they were trying to figure something out. You can't leave vote on the local elections. Oh thanks, Jesus, shout out to motherfucking Florida. All right, who would you have voted for?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't already be into.
Speaker 2: The right answer. I was just trying to bait you into like a clip Boston Common that's the right answer always people being triggered about politics.
Speaker 3: You no, for sure?
Speaker 2: Uh? Is this a new grill you have? No?
Speaker 3: I already I don't have the boy good about a year?
Speaker 2: How do you keep it clean? You pop them out?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 1: You like probably air six seven months you get the permanent opers.
Speaker 2: That's a serious commitment to the to the shine here you get your mic. Right, it's not covered yet.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: How much were those.
Speaker 3: Pay Probably seventy dollars Jesus.
Speaker 2: In the in the United States? That did you go overseas? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Does the dennist have to be a jeweler at the same time or is it two separate two separate.
Speaker 3: You got a jeweler and then you got they have their own personal Dennis m m.
Speaker 2: Yeah that shit, crazy man shout out to you.
Speaker 3: So you really got to pay both if you.
Speaker 2: Don't brush your GeSe for a while, does it does it like? Is it like super does smell like metal? Will smell like pennies? Nah?
Speaker 3: Ship, I don't. I don't see people at diamonds on birthday.
Speaker 2: T should be stanking for I'll be telling you what man ain't nothing like a motherfucker with a grill. That been that shit. Man, this helped me. Record is going nuts. Man, it's been dope to see you catch one like this. How does it feel to like really catch like a radio record? You're getting a fucking car and like the songs on and.
Speaker 1: Ship man feel good? Motivate me to do do belly?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, one hundred percent? Uh?
Speaker 3: For you?
Speaker 2: Is it like because you've been grinding for like I feel like it's a few years now. When did you originally sign with free bands? Like twenty two or twenty twenty one? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, about two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been it's been a journey for you. Man. What's what how are feeling right now with this new project coming out?
Speaker 1: When I feel good? Because I ain't. I really just been working this project. Really, I've really been working with working on for over a year for Richie rich Yeah, I've been open working runs for over a years. So like it don't got the everything in me in this project right here.
Speaker 2: How many songs did you choose from for the album? Where you were like, yo, these like is it like thirty or forty records?
Speaker 1: I really had like thirty thirty five, so you just had to narrow it down.
Speaker 3: And narrow it now.
Speaker 1: Probably was more than that though, Like that's what took so long to draw the album though, because we don't have so many songs like we were choosing from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how how old is the Glow record? Like did you how long have you had?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: Verse from her?
Speaker 1: That was actually like I was a pretty pretty new one. I mean I had made it and then she probably when I made it, I made it?
Speaker 3: What this year?
Speaker 2: That was?
Speaker 1: This year I made it this year? She probably got them it like two months after I made it, Yeah, about two months some of that mrgic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talking about the Memphis catch, the way they say music is just hilarious to me. Yeah. Yeah, anyway, Uh, so are you still in Tallahassee where you at? Are you moving around or do you move out?
Speaker 3: All right now I'm in taste. Yeah.
Speaker 2: What is the football? Is it Florida State?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You got Florida State? N fam you?
Speaker 2: So you're like, are you a NOS person? Are you a fam you person?
Speaker 1: I really, I really just hold up a win like I like I've been on whoever I know gona win.
Speaker 3: I ain't really too big on.
Speaker 2: I feel like, uh, because you guys are supposed to hate the Florida Gators, right, yeah, Like do you like have you been to like like what do they call it when they're they're in the parking lot grilling and ship like tailgate tailgate? Have you tilgated at a Florida Seminole game yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I was right in the city.
Speaker 1: That's like over the like where I be at, so I'll be all of it through the Yeah, yeah, I get crazy over there.
Speaker 2: Another famous person from Tallahassee T Pain. Have you linked with T Pain?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I met man T Paint from the same hood. Wow from road? Yeah yo, you.
Speaker 2: Remember that song by the nappy Heads Robbery?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Come on. That's a fucking class T Pain major. Everybody like this shooting and don't you oh man, that's a Florida lash. Who else from Talahassee is little Tyler from there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Lit Tyler for tallass up.
Speaker 2: Y'all got a little movie going right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's about the only me him.
Speaker 2: T Pain, I mean T Pain is one of the greats of all time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, most definitely that you gotta.
Speaker 2: Get him on a record, mand just for the real Yeah, he's got to be dope for sure. Was there anybody on this album that you were almost supposed to work with it just didn't quite happen because you got to turn it in.
Speaker 3: Or it was ship man? Really man, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't really work with a lot of people, but like this album was like kind of like most special to me because like I really like my songs that I got in that everybody was room for, end I was room for kind of outweigh an the feature you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, fire, I mean help me is all just you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's like this album I really worked on through a year and more, like you know what I'm saying, So like this is my months and months and months seeing like one taking those shows. One't doing nothing, like I'm making no money just in the studio every day, right, Like, So this is one of them type.
Speaker 2: Of projects something that you obviously some of your one of your biggest records is with Dirk and Dirk obviously just got caught up terrible situation. How's your relationship been with Dirk and like, what are your thoughtss on that situation. It's a crazy, crazy time in hip.
Speaker 1: Hop, r man, it's just people wearing wires and ship I don't know, it just be crazy situation when some people got good stuff going on and like stuff like that happening famous just be fucked up for.
Speaker 2: But then young Thug got out, so that's.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, it's a blessing.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure, before you you before Thug went in. Did you ever meet him, because.
Speaker 3: No, no, I ain't ever meet him before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I actually seen him on FaceTime though it was like I think what it was I remember I think was soon at Pushing p. Yes, yeah, yeah, I seen him on FaceTime. That's the only time I ever seen him.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Yeah, shout out to thug man. I can't wait to hear what the new music sounds like?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: How many many people confuse you not being from Boston? Everybody like, people, you're you're from Boston?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: When I go out of Florida, everybody like when I go out a different when I go when I ain't a Florida they you ain't even from Boston or you're from all They be like, you're from Boston. I be like nah, they be like, well all your name in Boston. Ship like that though a lot of people do it though outside of Florida.
Speaker 2: Have you done a show in Boston? Nah?
Speaker 1: We had one, but what happened? We got canceled or something like that. Oh yeah, yeah, we would shooting. We had to show. It was homecoming in our city, but I had to cancel it because I had shot the type with y TV fan in my city.
Speaker 3: Of that day, so they was cool with it.
Speaker 2: That's on your album, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's on my album too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got a little yachty on the project.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got yachty on not too.
Speaker 2: What was it like working with YACHTI Man.
Speaker 1: It's kind of amazing because like he brought me kind of into a world that I wasn't in, you know, what I'm saying. So I had to like switch my swag up a little bit to get on top of music with him real, So it was a good experience.
Speaker 2: Was that a record that like you brought to him or did he bring it to you? How did that happen?
Speaker 3: I kind of like shil just some were just both made in the studio.
Speaker 2: You guys are just hanging out in the studio.
Speaker 1: Listening to beats and we're like, oh, yeah, this is the one right here, let's do this one. We actually did probably like seven songs for you, and so we got about like seven songs.
Speaker 2: What was his writing process? Like, is he like ship punching in?
Speaker 3: I know when I was in the student I ain't see him right he punching in?
Speaker 2: Like is that how you do it? You do it too, though, Yeah, it's crazy, Like y'all's whole generational artists. I feel like anybody under thirty don't write shit. Y'all just be in there, like I don't think I never come in the line punching in and go to the next one. And then the engineer got to be super quick or.
Speaker 1: Y'all going to yell at him, no show, See how my engineer is it kind of forced me to work like that.
Speaker 2: That punching ship. I feel be feeling bad. The engineers be so stressed out. All right, take me back, take me back, Take me back. I'd be like, fuck, you never wrote no ship down, like when you were like, yo, I got this crazy verse. I gotta write, uh never do know something.
Speaker 1: But I mean I don't have like five five beats go down on this too, like in the car all day and I'll just be like vibing in to us.
Speaker 3: So when I going, I know it a vibe, I want to go in on it.
Speaker 1: But as far as like gett appening and pat and just writing something on the beat, I never did it before. And I'm kind of like punching in more because it's like it keeps my energy up. And sometimes I might say something that was hard and I'd be like, damn, my mind working fast, and them like.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. I feel like, when you write it down, you can remember that ship. Like let's say you're in the middle of like you're laying down and something comes to you.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like that and he recorded so noock and here I can go back and fix it and swag it up a little bit most so whatever I like me personally.
Speaker 2: Was harder to learn your lyrics that way then yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if you listen to the song a lot, you know, it just come to you naturally.
Speaker 2: I saw on your album you have a song called Base God.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you know about Little B?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I know about the Based God yeah from the Bay Area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so your hip to the Based God?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What do you know about Little B? Though?
Speaker 3: To be I just know I to like listen to his music.
Speaker 2: You remember he used to do the dance, the cooking, the swag. Yeah, yeah, you remember that song Ellen Degenerous did that hitting Florida some real fucking it was like that was like early Internet.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I probably hear that. Man, Who did you grow.
Speaker 2: Up getting like influenced by like being in townhassee?
Speaker 3: Who are you listening to this ship? Man?
Speaker 1: I ain't a lot, Like I know growing up my cousin had my influence on music, Like he's at me listening to you Reach homeie, like, but like if I was talking about my younger end of the days like which told me you got flies like people like that. You know that song that blies, That's what I was bumping do.
Speaker 3: When I was a child, I was.
Speaker 2: Telling because I lived in Florida for a few years, and yeah, especially I was in Tampa, which is obviously probably like what four hours from you five hours?
Speaker 3: Yeah, by four Uh.
Speaker 2: But you go to the club in Florida, and I'm talking about Miami, Miami, take Miami out.
Speaker 3: Yeah see see you like, but you.
Speaker 2: Go to like the County, you go to Tampa, you go to I mean the club. You'll hear ship in the club that you won't.
Speaker 3: Hear anywhere and nowhere, right.
Speaker 2: And like the fucking Nappyhead song Robbery, you play that ship in Tampa, but you know the whole the oh you just it's crazy and that songs like twenty five years.
Speaker 3: Old and they're gonna be joking too though.
Speaker 2: Applies like Plies got fucking classic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially in Florida though, Like you can't tell nobody know about Aplies.
Speaker 2: You saw he uh he had the perms and then he took him out and he's got the Yeah, he got ers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you think you'll get to the point where you're like, I'm tired of these fucking diamonds.
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah, in a couple of years. Right now, I just kind of like when to keep my my my like young Nigga, sweat type vibue, toothpaste nah na na, which brand do you use for It's like the Coldgate with the Colgate.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they you know, they got the charcoal ship they.
Speaker 1: Got No, I don't use that before. Really like it though.
Speaker 2: I just feel like everybody, all the ogs who had the perms, Yeah, Birdman got veneers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah they're not right now though. Yeah, I ain't funk with right now.
Speaker 2: One day? Man, what for you? Man? Like? Uh talk about just like one you've had, like this interesting journey your career because you've like the Internet is made up narratives about you and whether or not, like you know, uh, they've affected your trajectory and your career or not. But I feel like it's been dope to just see you kind of just keep working and like catch this record for you. Was there ever a point in time in the last couple of years where you just kind of felt like the industry was against you where you kind of felt like, man, fuck this ship?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, like shit, I'm just like natural feelings, like I don't I don't felt that before. Like, wow, I've been like, man, fuck all this ship. But it's like shit me quiting, me giving up on something that I love to do, and that that that don't better me is like it ain't doing nothing me, Like I don't get nowhere by quitting, you know what I'm saying. But I do get every I get everything I need by by going through something persevering, like and winning through the situation, you know what I'm saying. So that's why I win that we like never quitting and never showing nobody, those signs are slowing up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Is it hard like to like try to ignore the internet?
Speaker 1: I mean, after you learned, you learn at first it was but nah, I don't learn the game, like and it ain't really none to me, Like I can't let no but I don't know, like make me feel mad by something they don't know about, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: One hundred percent? Man Right, what's your favorite song on the album?
Speaker 3: Damn Man.
Speaker 1: Man, I got a cup of Flavors Man, I got kick Flavor base Guy Man cup Spiel, Like, I don't know, I ain't gona lie this. Probably I like all of them because like the I tell you, these like was hand picked. So these was different for do.
Speaker 2: You feel like Florida? Because I feel like there was, like especially if you think about just like what was going on with the Jacksonville see like a couple of years ago, right there was like this like dark cloud over kind of like how people were looking at like some of the new Florida shit. But I do feel like Florida has had like a pretty you know the last five or six years. I mean if you think of it all the way back to like xxx Tintasion obviously that South Florida. Do you feel like, like, how do you feel like Florida is right now on hip hop? Do you think it's like going in a good, good direction as a whole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, feel like it's going in going in a good direction. I just feel like, shit, you just gotta keep working. You know sometimes from the music do slow up just it's just life. But you just got to keep working and just keep like like stake a system.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure, right, Yo, help me understand. I'm not all the way hip to all the all the gossip of your personal life, right, but you were dating like eighteen year old chick, right, Yeah, you guys broke up Yeah, Okay, what was the big deal? You're a kid, You're like twenty three years old, right, Nah.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it wasn't they really want to beg this motherfuck.
Speaker 2: People were people are like making a big deal to your day in eighteen year old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it really want nothing, Like how are you?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, fuck Tiger a man, I'll tell you what Tiger was doing. That motherfucker Tiger was Tiger bro that motherucker Kylie Jenner when she was a goddamn child. Yeah, that ship, Like that's crazy, Like I feel like, motherfucker's just like having it's just got to be rough to live your life where people are like uncovering every rock about your product. Man. Right, yeah, but could you say any lesson you learn from dating someone that young? Like maybe they're just not like stay away. It didn't work out obviously.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I'll just be I can't. I don't really know.
Speaker 1: I just do me personally, like whatever I like doing, whatever I feel like doing, I do it, like you know what I'm saying, Like I don't already learned lessons from situations like well you should learn lessons from you know what I'm saying like it's not from dating a girl like you say, I don't went through my problem with a female, and I know what I need to know.
Speaker 2: When it's to date a Latin girl, they will fucking cause violence on you. Yeah, my wife man should throw some shit at me, for sure, that's nah.
Speaker 3: I think that's all females do.
Speaker 2: That's fair. White women. White women are stupid.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I never dated a white woman before.
Speaker 2: Good for you. Just know if you ever did, you get away with everything because they are fucking stupid. And I say that as a white man who has a white sister and a white mother, I think you go the opposite direction this go around. You find a fifty eight year old, Yeah, just pop out with a motherfucking grandma. You're like, bitch, I got all spectrums covered over here, and I heard, man, I heard them old ladies be throwing it for sure. You know what I mean, they got, they got the experience. I'm sure pop out dangers. Yeah, any music videos on the way.
Speaker 1: Ship, man, I probably won't shoot by light seven seven music music videos on my tape for I probably got like full five ready already.
Speaker 2: Though. The fire, I mean, you got to be excited man to get this album out.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah in a minute too.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. Are you going to be popping out on the road of all huh? Are gonna be popping out doing shows?
Speaker 3: Like oh yeah yeah, yeah for sure. I'm trying to work on.
Speaker 2: That right now, opening up or doing your own tour?
Speaker 3: I'm not doing my own thing.
Speaker 2: Do you gotta do your own thing? Man?
Speaker 3: Own?
Speaker 2: What's something? Because I know you would open for Future for a little bit on tour. What was something like in that short amount of time You're able to learn because that's like a huge stadium uh stadium presentation?
Speaker 3: Man? Oh man, really I just learned.
Speaker 1: I'll just be prepared for stuff like that. Yeah, you just gotta be ready. You can't be shy. I ain't gonna lie some time performing be kind of shy a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, especially when you go on early in those big arenas and you go out and you're like, damn, like only a quarter of these people showed up.
Speaker 3: Life.
Speaker 2: You're gonna rock this ship. No, for for sure. Man. Well, listen, the new album is officially gonna be out Friday. By the time, what's today? Today's Tuesday? The time is the time you watch this it'll be out, so go run it up, Richie rich Anything else you got coming up in ship Man?
Speaker 3: Really? Just an album and the tour for real.
Speaker 2: Album and tour?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh, what kind of I see? You got a bunch of change under the hood of any new chains?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I got someone away in a couple of days of new stuff.
Speaker 2: Are you doing anything smart with your money outside of buying amazing teeth and chains right now? Maybe like a little little stock market real estate.
Speaker 1: We got some ship on the way that'll be investing.
Speaker 2: In maybe a food truck now.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do I don't think me prest do no food trucks.
Speaker 2: You're smart, they never work out. You've never seen a rapper besides, hey, bun Bee, got got a with the.
Speaker 3: I've seen that I've seen, but everybody else's ship.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't got it in to do no food.
Speaker 2: If you if you were to open a restaurant, though, what kind of cuisine would it be?
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm me personally. I don't think I don't want to do like no restaurant vibe because I just feel like me personally.
Speaker 3: I don't see people do it. It's just too much come with it.
Speaker 1: A lot comes with a lot, come with and man, I don't think I got the patience for it.
Speaker 2: You're smart, Man, I just opened the pizza restaurant. A lot comes with it. Boston Ritchie, I appreciate you pulling up man, Go get this guy's album. Congrats on the record Going Crazy. Man. You deserve it. Man, I've been seeing you grind and work hard and and uh, you know, keep your head down and keep working. So it's been dope to see man. So congrats brother, Boston Ritchie. Appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Bropiated dog Boom