Speaker 1: Earners. What's up.
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus.
Speaker 1: On what matters most Ready.
Speaker 2: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 3: Do celebrity brands have less credibility in the spirit world? Like are they looked at as like, oh, this is not credible because a celebrity owns it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: But I think that's become the cookie cutter approach, Like everybody now the who's your celebrity?
Speaker 6: You're like, damn you could you.
Speaker 1: Taste it first?
Speaker 6: Ebody?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And then a lot of them don't work.
Speaker 5: I think, you know, we all see the successes and think like it's a recipe in a formula, and sometimes it just isn't like that there's been a lot of celebrity failures out there as well.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you that it's a French name that has well previously. I don't think it has it on these bottles, but it has the locations of Frank Central Pe went automatically expect it was owned by somebody black. But you're doing interviews, so obviously you're you're in the forefront. Do you ever think did you ever think about not putting yourself out there, because a lot of times, unfortunately, it's like once we realize something is black, it's too No. Well, two things happen. The white people classified as black brand, and even some black people might look at it different way.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So but then on the other side, you could put you get supporting a black business, right like Carmelo, and he probably did that because you're from Baltimore, you're black. It's like, okay, he's black, he has a one, why not show him love? So it's it can go either way. But I can see how you know, being labeled as like a black business a black brand can be harmful.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So in the beginning, though I did not.
Speaker 5: In my PR team, the PR team is like adamant that I get out there and talk about myself being the owner and founder because I had no interest. I wanted the product to live on itself for that very reason, I didn't want it to be stigmatized as like a black on brand, and we deal with that to this day. So I tell everybody, yes, it's owned by a black person, but it's not only for black people.
Speaker 6: And I have to say that because everyone's like black Rose.
Speaker 5: I'm just like, come on, you know what I mean, Like, no, it's a luxury rose from the south of France, from Sanchol Pai that's owned by a black man.
Speaker 6: So you totally get that.
Speaker 5: I think the challenging part was to make sure that it did look and feel luxury right, because you could say your high end luxury wine and then the.
Speaker 6: Ship be bootlegscuse my lag, We're sorry about that.
Speaker 5: But so for us, it was it was important that all everything about it felt like the competitive set. So you can never say all but that's less than. There's nothing less than about this product. We can go toe to toe with the best of them. And I never set my goals on being the number one black owned rose brand in the world.
Speaker 6: Now I want to be the number one rose brand in the world period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean so the white one obviously, and you said you're going into red.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to think now, like.
Speaker 2: Your putting you have the PR team yep, right, we obviously know you're the owner who's coming up with the ideas for expansion. Who's a part of the team that that has helped this grow so fast in such a short time, right, because we're talking maybe three to four years. So who's the people that are around you that have helped you get here in a sense of did you, you know, create relationships as you've grown from brand obviously, from owed to a spade obviously, maybe with the people that the are you looking at people like as you're grown, Like I like this person when I start mine, I want to come back and find this part.
Speaker 1: How did you build a team? Who is the team?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: When I built so the team is still only four of us, which is crazy. We do a lot of and that's the internal sales.
Speaker 1: The whole team is almost in.
Speaker 6: Yeah for the most part.
Speaker 5: First, but again I take a very like outsourced mentality to a lot of things. Right, so there's certain projects will tap into the network. I know this person was good at X when I worked on this brand. This person was good at X when I worked on that brand. You tap into them for those specific areas. The last thing we wanted to do was to be so heavy on salaries that we didn't have cash flow to do what we needed to do to move So for the reason, we didn't hire a lot of people. But yeah, we definitely tap into those networks, Like there's group chats of everything that happens labeled design behind Instagram captions, Like it just flows around and then you have to bounce stuff off of other people to really get that real input. Not too many people because there's too many too much feedback is bad. But the trusted in the circle through over the years. Yeah, so let.
Speaker 3: Me ask you this as far as the Rose and the Blanco is concerned, Dude, you have an idea long term vision, like in your perfect world, would it be fifty to fifty split? Well, now you got the red wine too, Is it like a fifty to fifty or thirty three thirty three or is the Rose always going to be the flagship product and the other ones are kind of like ancillarious.
Speaker 5: That's a good question, you know, ideally, because we started with the Rose is going to it should always be out flagship. But based upon the share market that white wine and red wine has, you would think that they will overtake the Rose someday. But for me personally, it's gonna always be the Rose is a champion.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How much of your data is this consumed? Right?
Speaker 2: Because do you have other interests outside of doing one?
Speaker 1: Or is this wine is?
Speaker 2: Because I'm listening to you talk and I'm like, you know all the statistics for pretty well versed in this. Does this consume most of your day or do you have other interests and investment or something else?
Speaker 5: I mean, for now, this is this is day in, day out, and that's because we're at this inflection point where you gotta either you go now or the window and it's gonna be closed.
Speaker 6: Right, So we have to focus. I have to focus.
Speaker 5: It's important to know what my competitors doing, what's happening in the space. So I spend a good portion of my day. My girl will probably say, way too much of my day this on this business.
Speaker 2: So the people that you used to work for now you're the biggest competitors, Oh for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they all watching like you look at LinkedIn and your Instagram story's like, oh all of them.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, she's looking at my story.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Has there been any negative issues, feedback or anything, you.
Speaker 6: Mean from previous Yeah?
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 5: I mean, uh, you know, Jay's a big name. People use his name for clickbait. I don't say it, but people see aces spades and then it becomes like, oh you work for jay Z. I never say that, you know what I mean? So you deal with that. I haven't heard that personally, but I know that's probably a sore spot over there, right. And then for the previous company, you know, they never think they never thought that I could leave and do something like this. So and we're growing and we and we're nipping at their heels and we are the younger, cooler, great tasting rose.
Speaker 2: Like you want to say something, Yeah.
Speaker 4: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 6: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.