Speaker 1: So I was thinking this morning about where we kind of went wrong societally one second, and where we where we diverged from the kind of righteous path and got to this place we are in where it is this puritanical, sort of shame based culture. And there's I mean, it's handmaid Tale. It's essentially handmaid Tale. It's like I mean, if you extend it, you know, to its logical conclusion, and how do we fight back? And Michael, I'd like you to participate because I do think that I can.
Speaker 2: Actually it's important topic.
Speaker 3: Well, I can pinpoint them. Do you watch this?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't own a television. I don't watch television.
Speaker 3: But have you been to at a lot of times they have in restaurants?
Speaker 2: Now, I've read the Margaret Atwood novel.
Speaker 4: Ah, Yeah, have you seen that?
Speaker 3: Have you seen have you seen this? The novel cover?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have to book.
Speaker 4: I've seen every word, see every word.
Speaker 3: There's not a word in it. He hasn't seen I've seen some of the names. I haven't seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I loved it. I loved it. I haven't read it, but I loved it.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's so important and I and I and it's a warning.
Speaker 3: And as I look at our own and obviously the artists reflecting.
Speaker 1: Life, as I look at our own journey societally, what I'm realizing is we have an opportunity to push back. And I think that at midnight tonight, all of us and anybody else we can get in on this. We need to post I don't have an account on this thing anymore, but we need to.
Speaker 3: Post on x formerly.
Speaker 1: Twitter two words sex gifts in solidarity with the actor Dean Norris who put Hank straighter on Breaking Bad, who I suppose accidentally tweeted this one day. Maybe he meant to type it into a search bar and everyone shamed.
Speaker 4: That was the and they clowned on him and they laughed at him. That was the inflection point.
Speaker 3: That was the inflaction point, where from that point.
Speaker 1: Forward it's it's all, oh, well, how do we put that toothpaste back in the tube where you're not allowed to try to search for sex gifts and accidentally post it publicly and never take it down.
Speaker 4: Is that what we're saying. And instead of when someone's in the pit, instead of pointing and saying that guy's in the pit, isn't he from breaking bad. You and under the dome and you get under the dome with him, get under the dome, And that's Breen. That's what Breen says. Do you see that on this podcast?
Speaker 2: I thought this will be a fun uh industry podcast, will joke around. I didn't realize it was going to get this deep this quick.
Speaker 4: We didn't either. It worked like this. This is the world we live in, you know what I mean. We don't plan this, Mike. What we gotta do is we love to go back to laughing and chopping it up, but like this, like the world won't let us these days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so important that we you know, a lot of people, a lot of people's attention is focused on what's going on in like Washington, d C. Yeah, but not enough people I feel like are paying attention to what's going on in de Nors's service part that part and it's timeline and does it raise uncomfortable questions? Is that why people are maybe avoiding it? Yeah? Us, but but but if we don't confront those questions, we don't make progress, We don't move forward.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to look at it at first, Mike, because I see myself That's why I didn't want to look at it, because I seen.
Speaker 4: I was looking right back on the gifts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see myself in the gifts, Richie.
Speaker 4: Are you okay?
Speaker 3: So Richie, So, just so you know, because you're not in the room with us.
Speaker 4: So Richie just sustained. Uh, he was a grievous head injury.
Speaker 3: He was trying to crawl under the monitor that we're looking at you on and he he stood up too early and he really broadsided this thing with his with his shoulder blade and it looked really painful.
Speaker 1: And so and I think he's gonna adjust the camera a little bit. And now we're back in.
Speaker 4: You get on camera, Richie. So, So, Michael, can you want to say hi? Just so he knows that you're healthy and you're fine, Okay, Michael. Michael is an end path and so that actually really hurt him.
Speaker 2: Chie.
Speaker 3: So he's gonna put his headphones out, Richie, Michael, I'm back on.
Speaker 4: He said, Will you do me a favor?
Speaker 3: Respond the answers, yes, Richie, yes.
Speaker 2: My own peace of mind. Will you go through the NFL concussion protocols?
Speaker 1: I'd be a lot more comfortable, Richie. Ok So we got a blue tent over there. This isn't because we don't.
Speaker 4: Need to see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I would. I would get I would get one of the team doctors out here, too sweet, and get some gatorade. If we're doing the NFL protocols, let's get some gatorade again. I think the blue tent is a great idea. Did you get you did you consult?
Speaker 3: Did you consult on those protocols?
Speaker 4: Michael?
Speaker 1: I know it's a passionate years. You are a bit of an.
Speaker 2: As you know. I went to ring during my time in the NFL. And when here's the thing, here's the thing that people who aren't professional football players.
Speaker 4: What do they get wrong?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do they get wrong?
Speaker 1: When you suit up for an NFL coadators are gladiators.
Speaker 2: We they're they're gladiators in the back of our heads when we say we're going to leave it all out on the field. That's not that's not hyperbole.
Speaker 3: It's not a phrase that that might mean you're live.
Speaker 2: That's right, and definitely and talk when we talk. That's also another I.
Speaker 4: Don't think he did freeze. I think he's processing.
Speaker 1: That and I think what might be happening is he's choosing his words extremely carefully, which we always encourage.
Speaker 2: We do talk, and but when we go out there, we know that we might not come back. Once we leave the game, okay, once once guys are beat up and battered and retired where they get cut, then you start thinking about, oh geez, what was I doing to my body? And then as an X player, although you're never really out of the game, you know what I mean, Once you're in, you're in. Once you're an ex player, you retention starts focusing on the guys coming up, and they don't want to hear about the concussions. They don't want to hear about the injuries because they're still Ingladiator.
Speaker 4: They're invisible. Oh that's never going to be made.
Speaker 2: Right, they think. And you have to have that mind.
Speaker 1: You don't want to look at that part of it, Yes, because it because you can't play scared, not in this game.
Speaker 2: No, this is war, guys, this is war out there. And uh yeah, when I was throwing my body around, when I was winning those two rings, I wasn't worried about concussions. I wasn't worried about knees. I wasn't worried about my miniscus. I wasn't worried about any.
Speaker 4: Of it back then.
Speaker 2: The damn w diad my right and I was using candle left and camera right. O.
Speaker 4: That's and that's Richie's job too, which is what they call. It's kind of a new profession. They don't really have a name for it yet. They just call it Richie's job. They don't know what it is. But he sits over there and he is wearing eye black. He has Bruce two fourteen written on it, which is a passage from a book that he wants us to read. It's a good book.
Speaker 2: It might be a novella of Bruce all Mighty.
Speaker 4: I think it might be a novella of Bruce Almighty, which he thinks is the Bible. Is that possible.
Speaker 1: I know Bruce Balanche released a book not that long ago, and I was curious whether that was the Bruce in question.
Speaker 3: But we are thinking it's Bruce Almighty.
Speaker 4: I mean, just because of it's like related to being God. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Bruce Blanche is also related to God.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean Jesus, he's a god of the one liner. It's like.
Speaker 3: You you name me a power more Almighty it comes to know.
Speaker 4: The wickeding hen.
Speaker 2: Find it. You're not.
Speaker 1: You don't get to be center square without talking to the big man upstairs.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: M mmmmmmmmm.
Speaker 4: You ever done one of these before, Mike?
Speaker 2: One of which? One of what?
Speaker 4: One of these? One of these?
Speaker 3: One of these bad birds?
Speaker 4: Brother?
Speaker 2: A pod? Have I done a podcast with pop in.
Speaker 3: Your fucking cherry hair?
Speaker 4: Brother? Or what? Yeah? Have you done a podcast?
Speaker 3: You ever done one of these things?
Speaker 2: This is my first? Is that what you want to hear?
Speaker 4: This is my It's that I wish more. You wouldn't know. So many people coming in here and saying.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh yeah, I've had my own two or three podcasts.
Speaker 4: Oh uh a podcast? Right yeah, and you can like it's okay. They want to seem like there old hands at this whatever. It feels like it's my first time every time too. You don't got to put on a show for us. It's it's all.
Speaker 5: Uh, here's the thing, guys, tell me the thing. Please, This is obviously important for you.
Speaker 2: And when I walk through your door and I wipe my feet on your welcome Matt and I sit down in the studio and we have this interview. My job The way I see it is to support you. My job is to make you, guys look as awesome as you can look. So if that means I come in here and I have to play dumb, what's a podcast? No, I've never done a podcast. Be more than me, and that's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: The first damn guest who understood the assignment?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean? Here we do.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people who and we talk about this. They come on to do a show Michael, and they say, what can I get?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 3: What's there for me?
Speaker 4: I'm here, I have a TV show to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can I tell? Can I talk to people about my book or my project or my podcast?
Speaker 4: Ris Ahmed, do you.
Speaker 2: Come on a podcast or a television program? What have you to be interviewed? What about you? It's about the host, about the hosts.
Speaker 1: Well, the host is there every week, so people are tuning in for the host's.
Speaker 2: For some random jerk off actor who you know was the second supporting lead on some c W dramedy from nineteen ninety four. They're there to see you, and if and and and if if that actor or actually shows up and they contribute a little something they sprinkle little startust, so much the better. But that's not why people are tuning in. They're tuning in for you, guys. That's why. That's why I'm here.
Speaker 1: Say damn thing that happened to you when you were on the field in the NFL, which is I'm gonna do my fucking job. You could come with me, or you can be in my way. But if you're in my way, you're getting steamrolled.
Speaker 4: Well let's let's support you in supporting us, just so we're all on the same page about like what works.
Speaker 3: And what does Hey one hand washed the other.
Speaker 4: Everyone here, everyone here is like pretty nice. I can do it the heart with the hand.
Speaker 3: I was trying it. I almost had it, but my other fingers were in the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Oh, and you can do yes all the way you have to.
Speaker 2: You have to wrap all your fingers and then you get a perfect little Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: Oh that's so good. Let's meet everyone real quick. You met Richie. He might have forgotten because of uh the head injuries. Yeah, uh, this is.
Speaker 2: Do not let him go to sleep, don't let him shut his eyes, do not let him go to sleep.
Speaker 3: I'll try and see bloods drying up a little bit too. About who else we got to.
Speaker 4: That's and there.
Speaker 3: The way I knew Casey was in the booth, and again you're you're you're not here, which.
Speaker 4: Is fine, it's all the time.
Speaker 1: The way I knew it was Casey was when Richie went to get on camera. There are three cameras in here, and Casey tried the other two first, yep, And so I said, well, I know who's working the booth today, because when he leaned in front, and you probably felt this, we saw fully his back and ass, then we saw just a piece of his shoulder.
Speaker 3: And then we got his face. And Casey likes to build suspense. He likes to build tension, and it's something that can't be taught. You know that drama in the podcasting space.
Speaker 2: That's just classic story structure. And and we we have to applaud that.
Speaker 4: And can I tell you something that a reputation, So let's just put a pinion that so that Michael old Michael, let me rephrase that. Okay, I feel I must tell you something.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, no, he has no choice.
Speaker 4: Then, A something you've built in your career that I've noticed is that millennium Falcon. It's it's it's a little like that, Michael. Usually when someone comes on the Zoom, Casey and Kevin and the other producers like to make sure that they're wearing headphones, that they're using a recording app or something like that.
Speaker 1: It's endless the amount of fut saying they will do with these guests in order.
Speaker 3: To get some sort of like quality recording from them.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: They also they forbid us from talking for a lot of it.
Speaker 4: Your presence has created an environment of the first time ever where they have just shut the fuck up and let the show just happen.
Speaker 1: You have neutralized two of our greatest enemies, our producer and our engine.
Speaker 4: Have you been that You have to understi Brick.
Speaker 2: You have to understand something. I'm a classically trained actor, so when I speak to you, I'm using the entire instrument that part, right, So what does the microphone do. The microphone amplifies it, you know, it digitizes its sense. I don't need that because I'm classically trained. So when I breathe from the diaphragm back of the house, right, I'm projecting as a classical chained actor, and that projection goes through the internet and out on your side.
Speaker 4: You can speak in a high definition loss list vocal tone. Yes, the same way, Larry Olivia, by the way, to the back of the proscenium.
Speaker 3: We don't need quick time because your timing is impeakable.
Speaker 2: Please tell your production stat that I speak in flak. I use that, uh methodology. I don't know what you call it. I use I use that format, Michael, I don't use them because the sound quality is better. So when I speak, it's in flack.
Speaker 3: Michael, will you invite me into your mind palace for a moment? Who do you imagine in the back of the house as you're projecting?
Speaker 1: And I know these tricks because you are classically trained and you're not just talking to some nameless, faceless audience.
Speaker 3: Member back there.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 3: There's a memory you're accessing, and there's an individual that we speak to, a woman, and it's a woman, and.
Speaker 1: It has to be, of course who and it's getting It could be your grandma, it could be a sexual partner.
Speaker 4: You know, we can talk about that. We can talk about that here now.
Speaker 2: So now we're getting into process and craft and if we may, A lot of actors are reluctant to talk about the process, because especially now in one you see, they want you to see the finished performance.
Speaker 1: You know, not only not only that, not only that, not only that, Michael, but they want to pull the ladder back up behind them, don't they don't they pull the ladder.
Speaker 4: Back up, Michael.
Speaker 3: Where they say, where they say, where they stay, where they stay. Only for me only I get to have some Only I enjoy the toys.
Speaker 4: And what I've always respect.
Speaker 3: What I've always admired, and I know I'm interrupting you, is that you go. Everybody, get in here. There are plenty to go around.
Speaker 4: Take the ladder and throw a rope down as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's the ladder. And by the way, actually I built a whole fucking escalator.
Speaker 4: It's not working right now, but it's there so you can rest the ladder and they can grip the ladder as the ladder itself is carried up the escalator. And there's a rope just in case, and a rope with a bucket too.
Speaker 2: I guess we need to hoist something. We need a pulley system as well. So important, you guys, and so critical, but you I'm so glad. No It's an important point you made, and I'm glad. I'm glad you you raised it. Now, I do want to just put a quick caveat into what you said, because I agree with everything that you're saying. However, I want to make sure the audience, your audience understands that when we talk about constructing an escalator. Oh yeah, those guys, you're using union labor.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I just want everybody, I don't want to be very clear about.
Speaker 4: That because otherwise they will you're extremely violent.
Speaker 2: I don't, I don't, I don't want I don't want them picketing my mind palace.
Speaker 4: I'm not a bad actor.
Speaker 2: When I am projecting. Let's say I'm at the old VIC. Let's say I'm doing lear again. There's a couple of things going on. Obviously, I'm in my given circumstances. Ah, I'm lear, I'm addressing my daughter's Yeah, I'm going I'm slowly going mad. I'm aged, I'm impurio.
Speaker 4: Can we just can we just explain to the like the audience, you know, trying to remember the audience he's talking about Dennis Leary.
Speaker 1: As you yes, as you mentioned the audience. We also want to bring them in.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yes, and this is a famous uh rant that he went on that has now performed. It's a rant to his daughters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's he's he's talking about the sort of modern phenomenon.
Speaker 3: Of the starbucksification of society.
Speaker 1: And it's a beautiful monolog. It's a beautiful piece, but it is you.
Speaker 3: Know, it builds to this crescendo of it's a smoke, a frappa chok alup? Can I get a cup of coffee? You know what happened to a cup of mud? A cup of joe and just drip coffee please, And the and his daughters of course are silent.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Well, what people don't know if you've never seen Leary, it's it's it's performed all over the world, as you said, I think last count. It's in almost it's been translated into almost.
Speaker 3: Everything, every language. Yeah, not all the good ones.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they do not they do not work it.
Speaker 4: Just yeah, it's big.
Speaker 3: They haven't cracked it, not for lack of trying.
Speaker 2: And what people don't know is if you haven't seen it, the play is performed one performer, in this case me, I'm playing all the parts. So I'm playing Dennis Leary, I'm playing the daughters. I'm playing I'm playing the frappuccino at a certain point, and.
Speaker 3: The barista, the pretentious barista, yes.
Speaker 2: The anxious barista. There's twenty three different narratives. It's a three and a half hour show. It's it's taxing, it's exhausting, and so yes, I'm keeping my given circumstances in mind. But I'm also cognizant of the fact that we've asked these people, this audience to pay six hundred and fifty dollars per ticket to sit there for three and a half hours and steals. I want to make sure everybody can has a perfect eye line, I want to make sure everybody can hear me. And I want to make sure that woman who you referenced in the back row is just as invested as all of the celebrities in the front row, because obviously, when I do Larry, you know, you get you get you.
Speaker 3: Get at there's going, yeah, there's going to be.
Speaker 2: The Obamas are going to show up, right Vin's Fallen is there three times a week.
Speaker 4: I don't know why Sary himself is often there, but in my mind, who I'm speaking to isn't.
Speaker 2: Isn't my grandmother. It's not a sexual partner. It's twelve year old, uh, person of color. She's in seventh grade. She's starting to think for the first time out, what do I want to do with my life? What do I want to be?
Speaker 3: Is she sick or something? Is she wounded? Something bad happened?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, no, she's she's got a terminal illness. Oh no, it's true. And and but she does. The parents are like her parents are like, you know, Olivia, You're going to be fine. You know, we just we just need to get this way. She's not going to be fine. So she's thinking, what am I going to do with my She doesn't know she's going to be dead in six months. I want to make sure and hear every word, understand every word, and is able to forget about her terminal illness. She doesn't know he's criminal. She thinks is just going to be chronic for those three and a half hours. That's who I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: About, twelve year old minority Olivia Wilde. But if she were a person of color.
Speaker 2: And probably question her own sexuality, it's.
Speaker 4: A terminal illness that she thinks she has become by curious directing and acting chops. But that will never be realized unbeknownst to all except you, the performer, who is getting a read on every single person in.
Speaker 1: That And people say, lear is a tragedy, you know, And there's also a tragedy taking place.
Speaker 3: In the back of the in the back of the audience.
Speaker 4: For you.
Speaker 1: I want to touch on ticket prices because you mentioned six hundred and fifty dollars a ticket for the back.
Speaker 3: Of the balcony. There's been some criticism. You come under fire a little.
Speaker 1: Bit for the for the sort of inflated you know, cost, and people think maybe they we're talking about secondary markets, and it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not that it's not retale.
Speaker 4: This is face value.
Speaker 3: And I I have a question.
Speaker 4: I want to pose face value and you know what I'm talking and the Valueah, the value of the.
Speaker 2: Face is quite high.
Speaker 4: Uh, there's a there's a a question I want to pose to your critics.
Speaker 3: And you don't have to even fear for this part. If you want to go a glass of water or something. How much should a memory cost? How much should a memory call? Can you put a price on a memory? You probably eight hundred bucks, right, you can't well, I mean you can't, yeah, of course you do.
Speaker 2: Like we know what, we got a pizza the other night and it was thirty five bucks, so I remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, so it could be thirty five bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean with Chip it was thirty five.
Speaker 1: Depends on the memory too, I guess it depends on which one some of our free I.
Speaker 2: Would like to say something to those critics too, because obviously I hear the criticism.
Speaker 1: Did I turn the volume down on me? Because I know you could get a little a little bit like fire up, you know, because.
Speaker 3: It's by the way they're coming for you know, you're lively.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What they don't know. What those critics don't know is yes, the tickets are at six hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 4: Mm.
Speaker 3: Sorry, start with what they do know, it'd be a shorter episode, right.
Speaker 4: They don't know if the go ahead, if the whole episode were us saying, if the whole.
Speaker 3: Episode was felling at one of these two categories, if that were like we were restrict to talking about that.
Speaker 4: That was very short.
Speaker 3: We're obviously going to cover.
Speaker 4: We like to wander around a little bit and like we go on tangents.
Speaker 3: We'll cover other stuff, and we have. If we were under the under the very strict you know sort of constriction, uh strict constriction that can't be right, but at any.
Speaker 4: We wouldn't raise it.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't do that if we were only doing one of them. I'm just supporting you, but go ahead. What is it that they don't know.
Speaker 2: What they don't know is, yes, the tickets started six hundred and fifty dollars and they go up from there. What they don't know is that I insisted that we set aside a block of tickets every Egle performance for people who can't afford to pay those kinds of prices. So we set aside an entire block of two tickets for people who just pay what, pay what they.
Speaker 4: Can and have like industry connections of some kind like who oh, no.
Speaker 2: You need to know somebody, right, absolutely, no.
Speaker 4: Someone and know someone who like It would be advantageous for you as a performer in your career to potentially anybody walk to the door, right no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: When I said people who can't afford it, I was hoping it was implied people who can't afford it? Who can help me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they do.
Speaker 1: They they don't want to pay, but they know somebody who Yeah, director or something.
Speaker 4: Talk about not being able to put a price on a memory. Uh, I'm remembering when we were colleagues together at ear Wolf when you were doing Mike and tomm eat snacks and topics and there. Ask you if you've done one of these before. Obviously the game has changed. One of these is not the same as one of those.
Speaker 3: Have you done a podcast? Yeah, have you done one of these?
Speaker 4: Like it's a little different. Like if I could go back and say to ear Wolf me, like what this was going to become, I would blow my own braids.
Speaker 3: I would eat a bullet and I and I and I would say.
Speaker 1: I would say to younger me, and I'm sure you've had these moments.
Speaker 4: I would say, if.
Speaker 3: You can do literally anything else, if you don't have to do this, go do that.
Speaker 4: But you know what I is gonna be hard what Earwolf me would say to me now, I would say, don't you remember, old man, you can't You can't do anything else.
Speaker 3: This is to pretend that it's a choice. Is the thing that actually that's the great comedy.
Speaker 1: I think that occurs sometimes in this business there there is still comedy being made. It's everytime somebody asks you, like, when did you decide to become I.
Speaker 2: Didn't choose this. It chose me. Yes, yeah, it choose me.
Speaker 4: But it's different, The snacks are different.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. And you alluded to this before when you look like this, Yeah, what am I going to get a job at a bank?
Speaker 3: Face face car, great black card lying around the block?
Speaker 1: Nobody can get their money out, So yeah, that's oh, that's great.
Speaker 2: What am I going to work at an office? I'm gonna you know, I'm gonna work with my hands. No, I'm gonna work with what God gave you.
Speaker 4: You're there so much it's like you work there at the bank.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I don't have a choice. You know, when the money comes in, the money comes in.
Speaker 4: Laughing all the way there. We're not gonna send someone else to go get us. Laugh now he's laughing. I'll steal it.
Speaker 2: No. I most of my money these days is tied up in Ethereum, e.
Speaker 4: Thereum, Classic or y I went with Classic, Yeah, okay, yeah that's right.
Speaker 2: And then I've got and then you know, a NFT portfolio kind of took a nose dive. But I think I'm buying on the dip. I keep buying. I think those board apes are coming back.
Speaker 4: M m m m.
Speaker 3: You can't keep a board ape down.
Speaker 4: There's something about to me word apes are boring apes, and so that's not a quality I'm attracted to.
Speaker 2: It's an investment. It's an investment class. You're not you know you don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not where I like to invest my time. Boring apes get bored.
Speaker 1: I have an entire theater of my imagination going on at all times.
Speaker 4: Maybe there's a curious ape out there who was there all along that we could be investing our time in instead, and maybe we could buy his stories as well grow in value over time.
Speaker 3: I don't even think you need to change the artwork. I think it's branding. I think it's language. I think it's marketing.
Speaker 1: I think, Michael, you're buying up these boring apes, go ahead and start calling them something else.
Speaker 4: I'm interested as here.
Speaker 2: You You may not like this idea, but I feel like that. I feel like I got a feeling all I.
Speaker 4: Think.
Speaker 2: I hope you will. I'm just going to pitch this out. It just came to me now forty curious Sape. Yes, what about a collab between Curious.
Speaker 4: Ape, Curious Ape George, Curious George, get it.
Speaker 3: Take it, put them on some.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm not even gonna deal with it because.
Speaker 3: They can wait. They'll wait, it'll be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just drives up my value when I don't pick it.
Speaker 3: Yes, sometimes you have to tell them no mm.
Speaker 4: Hm in order to really yes, curious Ape George, Curious Ape George.
Speaker 2: And I mean I'm picturing I'm picturing uh, scholastic books. I'm picturing happy meals. And obviously I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I got mountain dew on the horn as well.
Speaker 4: I just want to make sure it's it's school tastic.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh, it's school test.
Speaker 4: It's not. You said it in like a weird way. It's school testing.
Speaker 3: When we're speaking extemporaneously and we're speaking so quickly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's easy to mess up the school tastic book fair the yeah all that, it's it's it's it's not whatever you says.
Speaker 3: It's like a schoolarly schooler venture.
Speaker 2: And so we were in a nice little we had a nice little thing going.
Speaker 4: I think it's nice. Let's just say for me, I like to treat people how I like to be treated. I like to learn a little bit of a golden rule. I like to improve my performance if I get something wrong, you respect me by telling me what I got wrong, understanding that I can do better.
Speaker 1: Your mind place has something in its teeth, essentially, and we don't want to go out into the day and a big piece of spinach hanging out that part.
Speaker 2: I definitely like appreciate this and hear you, and I think feedback is so important, which is why I'm going to give you some feedback. But it's this schoolastic book fair. It is scholastic look fair and schools I don't know where what would that mean? What would it mean?
Speaker 3: You know, the kids all got scolios or something. By the way, it's fine if they do.
Speaker 4: It's like I'm I'm saying, well, I know it's school tastic if it were real, which is the school is fantastic, and it also includes a lot of these great books. Well, so do we do like things that are correct?
Speaker 1: I don't want to derail the whole episode and get bogged down in this school tastic which you know, just correct and we get talk whatever the you know, chewing school taking a big old fat dipper skull.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know in school, it's like not hundred times yes, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I just feel like, go ahead in the scholastic school tastic. I want to circle back.
Speaker 4: Let's get into it.
Speaker 1: And maybe Mountain do involved that. I wouldn't mind having a you know, some some more established corporate backing for this. Uh, get Black to voice it, not you having the same ideas me, not that.
Speaker 4: Ideas. Not you have.
Speaker 1: Me Jazz Black and he's going and I don't do it Jack Black, but he's going, you know, like he's sort of riffing out.
Speaker 3: Is you doing a guitar sound with his mouth? As a curious George.
Speaker 4: Mountain dew is there? Am I no wonder he's got so much energy? Am I crazy for going straight to the yellow hat and thinking like, how can we twenty six that? How can we take the yellow hat which is.
Speaker 3: Just a two liter bottle of mountain?
Speaker 4: It's still yellow, right, make it a little more.
Speaker 2: I think we get Cynthia or Reva.
Speaker 4: Cynthia, Riva.
Speaker 3: If Cynthia, if Cynthia is available, it's a.
Speaker 4: Big many yellow hat. If she's wearing a two liter bottle of Mountain dew made to look more yellow than than it currently is, and you react like it was always that color.
Speaker 2: We're I think we're doing a signature flavor for the release of the film.
Speaker 4: I think we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I think it's banana.
Speaker 4: And man, I literally said it before you and I literally said that before you banana, you know. And now I'm part of this.
Speaker 1: I wasn't listening at the beginning of it, but we're talking about a banana and.
Speaker 4: And I love that is why it's being yellow good.
Speaker 2: I hate that it's so good.
Speaker 4: That's pussied me off. I know we're coming out of that.
Speaker 2: We just got into the ballpark. We're not gonna where were you?
Speaker 4: That's what I said. I got nowhere to go from here, you know. That's what I'm worried about, is like, uh oh, there's no way to improve it.
Speaker 6: So I'm really excited about the board. AP's curious George collaboration, Mountain do Cynthio, Revo, Jack Black and At a flavor and it's just a question of.
Speaker 1: I know there's gonna be a bidding war. Ye Do we have a favorite? Do we have somewhere we're aiming at?
Speaker 3: Because if we know that. I think we could strategize this go ahead, Oonie.
Speaker 4: I'm just like Oonie. I think it's going to be all over this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was my first thought.
Speaker 4: Sony pictures Soonie Ouonie and Sonny, I think are probably the two big players in the game. I'd like to immediately rule out Apple because I think they're going to want to change Baniana to Apple.
Speaker 2: M oh yeah, yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: And so and so. What I would say is, what I would say is and you can't have us, by the way, that might mainly I'm actually come over the top. M h m hm.
Speaker 2: The only I feel like the only thing left is to figure out something for Shalomy to do. Should be there, I think so.
Speaker 3: So the minions are there with Sallo May.
Speaker 1: It's interesting as we talk about Oonie, as we talk about the minions.
Speaker 3: I saw and I don't know if you were here for this.
Speaker 4: My gol.
Speaker 3: Frenchis Mustard did an installation the other day Monsters and Minions coming soon.
Speaker 4: Did you go to that installation?
Speaker 3: Were you at the installation?
Speaker 2: No, I have not secured my take gets to the installation.
Speaker 1: And I and I I knew you weren't there because I would have seen you because I basically set up shopping.
Speaker 4: And he made it there. He shut it down.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they had to drag me out of that thing. Goomy Dominion's new friend, Goomy, little green monster. They've accidentally created. Goomy turned the Mustard green. Hmm for our purposes.
Speaker 4: It's not ideal.
Speaker 3: We're working in the space of yellow. Mm hmm. Could the curious George board ape turned Goomy yellow as a sort of revenge epic? The whole journey, yes, is to turn Goomy yellow.
Speaker 4: I'm then he has.
Speaker 3: To apologize to the Mustard.
Speaker 4: I'm nervous about involving Goomy at all, honestly.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about IP real quick?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Please, Yes, let's introduce.
Speaker 2: Monsters.
Speaker 3: Is that Mountain dew or Yeah?
Speaker 4: Don't talk to her, Mike. I just want to let you know you're killing that's your wife. Yeah, my wife calls me a lot when I record it.
Speaker 3: Like I'm listening outside the door.
Speaker 4: I know this call. I know this call, and it's just like, don't change a damn thing.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm right outside the door. I'm listening to the episode. And this is why I married you. Yes, yeah, I can't believe I get this for free.
Speaker 2: Congratulatory call.
Speaker 3: I can't believe I get this ship for free. Every day people just have to pay eight.
Speaker 2: The IP because millions monsters, that's a dream Works property.
Speaker 4: It's elimination. Monsters are illumination, which is the property of Suny Pictures Illumination.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're gonna, okay, so I'm gonna have to do a Japan trip just to sort of hammer this out.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's fine, getting shoot and while we're there, me guess they love you there And it's not a guess. I'm sure of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, yeah, you know, don't don't make me do this.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's lost in transit translation. You're over there, you're making money. Everything about that movie is the same, except you are actually converting that relationship at the end and not a little. Yeah, it's not. There's no will they won't. They they will, and they do.
Speaker 3: We land the plane, you know they did, and it's a fucking jumbo jet. We land the plane on that one.
Speaker 4: And it's a jet.
Speaker 2: It's a jumbo jet. And that makes Yeah, it's just it's it's it's it's weird. I'll be honest, massive, massive, cavernous.
Speaker 1: YEP and we don't gotta we don't got to go any further than that. I think we've described though right about y Chalom for Goomy is exactly what I say. But Hayes said he didn't know if he wanted to get Goomy.
Speaker 4: I would love to say that solves it for me. Uh and it does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so then, and I so love it. So just to to very quickly recap, just to make sure, because it's for the audience and for Casey and for everyone else involved, and for Richie, who you're gonna be.
Speaker 2: Sick, Richie if he's if he's throwing up.
Speaker 4: That's good, right, But that's not good, right, that's not like, you know, just just.
Speaker 2: A little dizzy. Put him in an ice bath.
Speaker 4: Again, this is all like normal second second takes bath. Yeah, his eyes are crossed, but like vertically one is going up with what's going down.
Speaker 2: It's that's fine.
Speaker 3: It's ethereum. It's it's ethereum being invested into n f T. It's the board, Curious Ape George.
Speaker 4: Just curious Ape George. It's I think.
Speaker 3: It's curious Ape George. And forget the board, although we will be speaking to the board the border Mountain dew because they're going to get involved as a two liter bottle of mountain.
Speaker 4: Cynthia Rivo's head.
Speaker 3: Jack Black is the voice of the ape. He's rim, you know, speaking dumb, and he's doing this and there is Goomy involved. Timothy Shallome is Goomy as punishment for his crimes.
Speaker 4: He's being turned yellow.
Speaker 3: Cynthia Cynthy O Rivo is doing thed.
Speaker 4: With mount heads yellow favor.
Speaker 2: And what I like about it is that it's hitting all four quadrants, hitting everybody.
Speaker 3: We're going Nie, We're going Soony, We're going to Japan. The property, which is division of Sunni is illumination. Looking at the landscape of media right now, should we do ablomination and get Blum in here? Can you get Jason Blum on the horn for me? I mean, is horror hot right now? Are you looking at these box office numbers?
Speaker 2: Uh? I'm sweating looking at the box office numbers.
Speaker 4: That's scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's scary how hot horror is.
Speaker 1: It's scary how much money they're making. And so I think that we do want to and Goomy's a monster, by the way, so we can do this.
Speaker 3: We may want him to be tortured and killed or something like that, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mm hmmm. The show is called Have I Got News for u? Us? Uh, it's on right now. It's on their TV right now, they turn on, it's on.
Speaker 2: Well, we're on hiatus right now, it's on, it's on the it's on the cable news network, and we're on hiatus until the fall. So if you turn your TV on right now, I don't know. I don't know what's on your TV, but.
Speaker 3: I have all different I'll turn on and wait.
Speaker 4: That's the magic of it. Every person's individual TV has.
Speaker 1: A different Well, Mike, I don't even have a movie on it, don't even have one. But if they but if they crack open just to a random page of Margaret Atwood's handmade tale, perhaps they will be able to through osmosis and ingest some of what you are transmitting on this show. Yeah, the warnings, the truth, Yeah, all My commitment to.
Speaker 2: This craft has always been about the truth and only the truth. So sometimes, look, sometimes the truth is funny. Sometimes we get a little chuckle, and that's okay, better than it's nice. It's nice, right, it feels good.
Speaker 4: No, it's nice.
Speaker 2: Sometimes the truth can hurt, and that doesn't feel good, but in the end.
Speaker 4: Bye bye
Speaker 2: Okay.