Speaker 1: What's up.
Speaker 2: You're off in Gods Country Again twenty twenty five With Reed and also known as the Brother Something, we take a weekly drive to the intersection of country music and the great outdoors, two things that go together like Texas and brisket our, Nashville, Drones and Bobby Bones. That boy talking about him a lot, and he's on the show next week. Brought to you by Meat Eater.
Speaker 1: Meat Eater.
Speaker 3: George Burge. He's a killer. We talk about drums. Maybe get into a little bit of that, maybe a lot of that. He sings a killer killer gavorite.
Speaker 2: Right into a homeless guy one time his kid. Pretty interesting story.
Speaker 3: That's right, some dad talk. Just a good dude Texan. You're really gonna George and George him Georgia. Yeah, George, this podcast.
Speaker 1: George played the Gorge too. He talks about that.
Speaker 3: George played the Gorge. Big fan of jazz music. But anyway, you'll love this podcast. Thanks for hanging out, Thanks for sticking around to God's Country with us. Continue to give us those five star reviews. It's how we need It's how we.
Speaker 2: Put biscuits on our table for our babies so.
Speaker 1: They won't go hungry. How's that for conviction? Yeah, that's right, five star reviews. If we don't.
Speaker 2: If we don't, Ranell has said he would come down here and blow turkey calls in our ears. They don't use turkey calls with a Northern accent. Follow us on all social media, thanks for thanks for doing that. We got Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, kind of YouTube.
Speaker 1: Watch.
Speaker 3: Be sure and hit that follow button, subscribe button, and keep up with what we're doing doing a lot of cool stuff.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty five is gonna be a big year. Hang out with us. Do you buy anything on Facebook lately? No? I haven't.
Speaker 2: It's a great time for a marketplace minute. Well, I'd like to see what you've been marketplace minute. What do you mean I've been searching the marketplace? Am I going to my marketplace? And then you're handing me your phone? Oh, and I'll try to pick something out. I think you would like you try to pick some.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see what the first thing.
Speaker 2: First thing on top is a peak gumball machine. Interesting, you've look pink gumball machine?
Speaker 1: Why is that on there?
Speaker 2: Hit the refreshed, pull it down. Lately we've got a oh that fashion oone is sick constant. There'll be watching on a guitar, snowjacket, getting prepared for the weather, specially this weekend. Dude, your phone is trash. It's not even pulling it up some foilers. Let's go to I'm look at your actual search and see what you've been looking for.
Speaker 1: This one just says top categories entertainment center. You're in the market for one of.
Speaker 2: Those, Jordan, Yeah, we're gonna redoing the basement. How do you how do you even look at what you've been looking for?
Speaker 1: Just hit search up there saved searches. Do you have any those? None? Oh? Yeah you do? Uh, camper shell.
Speaker 3: Deer stand, red neck blind, Gibson Acoustic, Millennium.
Speaker 2: Accent chairs, PS four. You're in the market for PS four. It's your safe searches. If you're wonder why it still pops up, you're not even looking for them, it's because your safe searches.
Speaker 1: I've never searched for PS four in my life. Indeed, you have rubber maid No, what what would I want? One filter applied? I see what it is. I don't think you're on the right thing. I'm definitely the right through.
Speaker 2: I can't even get you as a pull up. Yeah, well that shows how interesting we are. We have not bought anything or Marketplace in a while, so when we do, we'll be back with Marketplace minute. But until then, we'll just keep talking about the weird stuff. You keep looking up like rubber Maid. Ahn't wuld anybody need that?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have no clue about rubber Maid. Here you go, swap back, yep, campers shell. I hadn't even looked at camper shells. Mine's just a bunch of watches and dude, Yeah, so you just looked at rubber Bate, deer Feeder, Caererra Calbra side by side.
Speaker 1: I looked it up. Dude. Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 2: It's that's what says. I'm just talking about the weird one. Thanks for hanging out with us in God's Country Burn George George Beard.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty five. Here we are back on the road. Thank goodness. We've we've done a few of the podcasts, like from My Basement.
Speaker 1: Oh it's been and it's been a grind. It's been bad in the basement.
Speaker 4: It's been a little disappointed I didn't get to make the track down there.
Speaker 3: You're probably not you're probably not, especially at eight o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: It is a layer too.
Speaker 3: It's there's a lot more deer heads hanging up. The ceilings are a little shorter, Yeah, a lot, a lot of external distraction.
Speaker 4: I close my eyes. I think I could smell it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could dog. Yeah, there's dogs coming in.
Speaker 2: Last one we did, they kept pauling at the door, so I'd be like, yeah, the garage doors. Anyway, I'm on my knees praying to do it on the good part at the door.
Speaker 4: That's my house too, man, I got two of them in it. You can't go anywhere with that. And you close the door to go to the bathroom and you see like a tongue slurping under the door.
Speaker 1: Sniff. That's my son right now.
Speaker 4: My two and a half year old son will not get off mine, dude.
Speaker 1: It is it is. I love it. And he's so cute.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: If he was ugly, it'd be so much easier. But he's like super cute.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: He's blonde headed, like just a and he talks cute and everything's cute.
Speaker 4: Man. But it's like their little shadows.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'll be on my phone texting or maybe social media or whatever, and all of a sudden there will be a head in between me and.
Speaker 2: What you're doing that they want to see where you're seeing.
Speaker 1: It's the best. Oh, it's the best and the worst.
Speaker 2: Three o'clock this morning, he starts, And I'm to the point, now, man, we got a baby too, we got a million kids, so that when I now, I'm just like, I just wake up like half days, grab my pillot and just go in there and sleep in there. Yeah, just because I don't even feel like fighting the thing.
Speaker 4: Especially you just got to say uncle right to have any semblance of rest or a life exactly.
Speaker 2: Otherwise I'm like getting him back to bed for the next thirty forty five minutes and then I'm in a weird spot when I go to so I might as well just walk in there.
Speaker 3: And Griffin's going through a little sleep aggression like a three year old. She's not three yet, but she and my kids sleep awesome. Man, they sleep through the.
Speaker 1: Night like usually.
Speaker 3: But the past few the past few nights been about a week or so, it has been, Dude, she's just like it, like screams that you've never like, like you think something's wrong, like Okay, I gotta go in there and make sure the cabinets whing.
Speaker 1: As soon as you open the door, she's like, can I get in your bed? I'm like no.
Speaker 4: And people don't realize how resourceful dads are, Like when you need to get a you need to get a sleep in, you need to get a quick thirty Sure, I slept on a dog bed. You know, you walt up a sweatshirt, put it behind your head.
Speaker 2: Bushmailows, Now, that's that's our thing. We got squishmails for Christmas. I just like popping in my head.
Speaker 1: Lets how many kids? How many kids do you have? I got to yeah, two boys?
Speaker 4: You boys, and they're five and seven now, So I'm through it. So a lot of that I've I've managed to black out. Yeah you won't remember that. I keep hearing that, which is great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but blackout. Everything's trusting.
Speaker 4: It's gotten a little bit easier. It said this last week man, when we had the crowd running through the house and that was everybody the entire world.
Speaker 1: Did I even got I even kind of went down rabbit.
Speaker 2: Holeish a little bit on some of those tiktoks that are like, uh, your whole family sick but it's not COVID, but it's not the flu. You had it for a few weeks and you're still cough and you're sneezing, but you don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: The government, the doctor does.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, man, this guy's knows mydel And before I know it, I'm like, the drones are doing it.
Speaker 1: The drones are dropping down. You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got my tin full hat on and all right, before we go in to alien, before we go any further, we'll get back to this.
Speaker 1: Uh. If you don't know who who's velvety vocals? Those are over there.
Speaker 2: BMW pro am winning that you're excited about. Double dadding of a couple of boys was named Billboards Country Rookie of the Month. He's a Texan, a two time number one song singing mister g B. George Bird out in Guy's country this morning.
Speaker 1: Tall, tall, dark and handsome. Tall drink Yeah, hang out.
Speaker 4: With you guys more often. We'll pump you up over we'll gas up over here.
Speaker 1: Buddy. Hey, thanks for coming in. Sorry we were a little late.
Speaker 4: What a way to kick off a year, guys. The digs look awesome. Thanks thanks lighting making everybody look pretty. We got official neon sign here.
Speaker 2: This is legitimate here, man, it's legit. What I'm messing around? Where did you get hit traffic this morning?
Speaker 1: Do you do you?
Speaker 4: I always hit traffic. I live out just northeast of town, and uh, it just you know, you always got a budget forty five minutes when it should be twenty minutes. It's just it's you never know what it's going to be, but it's gonna be something.
Speaker 3: I think I had somebody in front of me this morning and traffic was awful, and that's why we were just, Oh, we can get into it. I mean it shouldn't because we always are mad at traffic all the time. If we did a traffic maybe we should do a God's Country traffic report every every episode and just bitch about traffic.
Speaker 4: What you mad?
Speaker 2: Just tell us what it is, what you're mad? Is it?
Speaker 4: You in lost?
Speaker 1: Kids might be a boss man. Your neighbors can't just tell us us what you mad. I love a little thing.
Speaker 4: That's a little thing what I needed. And I've actually I came prepared because I too am mad at traffic, but I'm mad at the traffic in the sky. I'm a I'm an airplane.
Speaker 1: Traffic tell us about it.
Speaker 4: I think, and I've actually put a lot of thought into this. I think that there should be some sort of like just like a gun safety class, like some sort of prerequisite course that you need to take before you're allowed to get on there. Okay, because those people went near in the last row and the airplane touch is down and before you get off, somebody standing they got their butt in your face, wheeling around, so you.
Speaker 1: Get you know, their part, you know the.
Speaker 4: Plane, or they're up and they're sprinting to the front because you know they don't got a connection or anything, but they would be there before you keep your shoes on in the airplane. Everybody wants to see your tone.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: If it is a fish, do not eat it on the airplane, agree, especially a reheated fish. And we're talking salmon, and you're like, salmon, it should be good.
Speaker 1: Don't eat it.
Speaker 4: If you have to crack a can to eat, you do not eat it matter what, don't really unless it's a protein bar, let's just keep it.
Speaker 1: If it's not a protein bar, a pack.
Speaker 4: Crack can drink, you know, Yeah, that's that's it.
Speaker 1: But not too much don't get drunk, don't get don't get happy drunk. Talk too much.
Speaker 2: Man, Like if I if I got my headphones on, I think a universal sign for don't talk to me is you got your headphones on, dude. Like, if somebody has headphones on, don't even do this thing.
Speaker 1: Do you know what's on the flight?
Speaker 4: If you make me take my headphones out, I'm fighting And that sounds that sounds conceded, but it's true. Like especially we're always taking the first flight out right, So I've woke up at three thirty. I'm not a happy person when I wake up at three thirty.
Speaker 1: Then get that.
Speaker 4: Go get on a six am flight. Like, let me put my hat down and put the noise canceling on. I will say, noise canceling headphones game changing.
Speaker 1: If you are not hearing that, I don't have that.
Speaker 4: If you do not have them, you are living in the past. It's like a billion dollars though it's the best billion dollars you've ever baby could be screaming yeah.
Speaker 2: And then when he goes there, you're like, oh, you are you ever in the missuming you're married?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, look, people have kids in the ring. People I didn't see the sorry sorry respect the ring you ever put them on in the car?
Speaker 4: The headphones, Yeah, because I feel like my wife would be like I feel like that's like maybe a little dicey, just like your kids screaming in the back and something's going on, you probably need to know.
Speaker 2: Well, not if your WI in the car, That's what I'm saying. If she's in the dread trips, no I got if I got back up. And sometimes this is this is just she's learning this right now. Sometimes I ain't even listening to nothing. I just got the noise canceling on.
Speaker 1: It's just that's what I'm saying. Like sometimes like.
Speaker 3: Usually I'm listening to a ball game or a podcast or something like, but.
Speaker 4: I wonder if I should get there's a little I'm mostly listening to country music, but there's a little station too called jazz in the background. If you want to class it up a little bit, you put that on jazz. Yeah, everybody else seems like, you know, lower than you listen to jazz.
Speaker 1: And it's put on some classy jazz.
Speaker 4: Davis, my my drummer, he has one of those woods like survival backpacks that's got like you know, all the little things. And one of the things is a rescue whistle that comes on the clips. He's got the rescue whistle and he always travels with his backpack and so he actually, uh, he'll blow violations on you in the airplane if you're standing up too early. If you love, that's the best, it's the best their attention.
Speaker 2: Did you put put just put a yellow flag in his pobabet just throw penalties on paper for Christmas?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to get him a ticket. Books could tickets for.
Speaker 1: It is annoying. And you know, how do you at this point?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Airplane etiquett one on one man?
Speaker 2: How do you know?
Speaker 1: But how do you not know? At this point?
Speaker 4: Some people have to be told and I don't really I don't want to be the one to tell them, but I will be.
Speaker 1: I think you're telling them, thinking the process.
Speaker 3: And let's just be real, man, we live in a world of a lot of idiots, dude, There's there's a lot of there's a lot of idiots out there, man, who are selfish and and and care about the world.
Speaker 2: Get dumber world, get no doubt, no doubt, want sure. It's right here, just me, that's right here. That's why it's getting dumber. You know what, I had a I had a an epiphany a Tiffany a couple of weeks back and and and it was just one of those things where it was like, hey, man, just just because it's all I have to it's a consistent thing that happens to me.
Speaker 1: It's just because you read it does not make it true. Man, it does not make it true.
Speaker 4: Bro, the Earth is not flat. I'm pretty sure, pretty.
Speaker 1: Sure it's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty sure it's not. Pretty sure, pretty sure. Don't know for a fact, but pretty sure, pretty sure we kind of a fact. But I feel like, to me, that is the smart guy. Now, the smart guy is the guy going. I mean, this is what I know, but I don't know you know what I mean? Like, for example, the drones. Dude, let's just touch on the drones for a second. All right, you got these drones flying over New Jersey. I saw Bobby Post. Did you see Bobby Post? Yeah?
Speaker 1: He sees tore up about it. He seems a.
Speaker 4: Little tore up.
Speaker 1: Does he think it's the Chinese? I don't know what he thinks. But what I because it's the Chinese?
Speaker 2: Just say yeah, but what I have done is my research, which consisted of one podcast and a couple of Instagram post that I read, which is now considered research, I guess. And the smartest guy that I heard talk on it was like, we don't know, we have an idea, and somebody knows, like the government knows.
Speaker 1: Otherwise they'd just be shooting them down.
Speaker 4: Government knows for sure, Government knows, So yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Could be the government could probably it probably is, yeah, but I mean, and it was the best theory I heard. He was going, look, man, if it's China, we essentially got a world war on her hands, because like that would be them kind of surveying, just seeing what they can get away with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like we're not down with that. We'd already shot them down.
Speaker 4: I do think that we're probably always spying on each other for sure.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's like super new maybe just a new wave spying on each other. Yeah, yeah, hopefully nobody's plenty of triggers. But yeah, I don't think so. I don't love being spied on, that's for sure. I love being Let's talk about what's the order of fact? Like, okay, okay, encyclopedia, we got we can you're talking about the fact when you said podcast that's pretty official, But like, are we like, have you heard it on a podcast? Can you say it for certain? No? We messed it up here all the time.
Speaker 1: Probably I've been here today. Yeah, I just yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: But what you have is the the repeating of misinformation that just gets This was a real cool You got title readers right too, Like like people don't do any research.
Speaker 1: They just see they.
Speaker 4: See aflammatory headline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like, hey, did you did you hear about did you hear about the drum? It's like, hey, did you hear about the drums flying over the East Coast? It's like, oh, no, tell me about it. They're like, oh, well that's all I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's bad.
Speaker 1: I just know there's drums. Say this this is and I've heard it was China.
Speaker 2: This is a podcast that specializes in easy what I could should just talk about I should shout out the podcast, Oh, I know, but specializes in what it's it's the blurry Uh, it's the blurry podcast. Blurry blurry faces are blurry creatures. They're talking about our podcast. No, what we don't talk about anything smart? Okay, just keep on going so anyway, true, it's uh, it's Aaron Rodgers brother. And remember Lukes told us about Oh yeah, I haven't listened to it, so I yeah, so I started.
Speaker 1: I'm back in the gym. I'm back. I'm back twenty twenty five, trying to stay alive, you know. So I was like, I got it. I hate working out. I hate it's the worst all of it. I hate. Do you like it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Does anybody like it?
Speaker 4: I like how I feel afterwards.
Speaker 1: I think if people say that. I think if people say they like it, they're lying. Okay, I do feel I feel like they'relying.
Speaker 2: I feel like you can like it for like a week, but if like you're going on six months of working out every day here or four days a week, you don't like that.
Speaker 4: Playlist matters a lot.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: But because and I would assume you would be the same way, because we're in music so much, are you not?
Speaker 1: Just kind of like, man, I'm god tired of music.
Speaker 4: I listen to super out of genre stuff right like the background.
Speaker 1: That's flying, yeah, jazz in the background, birds.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: All right, so who's your if you were to pop on and I'll get back to what I was talking about but your playlist, what's.
Speaker 1: Your go to to?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be like uh Mexican ot and big, Like I'm gonna intend to be somebody I'm not for a second. I like that all of a sudden, my boss with a chain like selling drugs. Yeah, come get something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've been listening to some future and the Yeah, I feel that, you know what. I with a chicken in the kitchen, for sure, I've been.
Speaker 3: My workout consist of I'm never Me and Dame were talking about this the other day. He was talking about how much he was bnching and stuff, and I was like, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: Actually, I was talking about how much I'm not benching. I'm pretty sure I will I'm weak as well.
Speaker 4: What's weak for you right now? You're a stout guy?
Speaker 2: Well, yes, and normally it would, but I mean, I'm I just started back. Okay, I'll say this.
Speaker 1: Let's see what is it?
Speaker 2: Uh? Eight months ago, I was I was doing three sets of ten with three or five. Now I'm doing three sets of eight maybe ten with one thirty five week dude.
Speaker 4: One step.
Speaker 1: I am below like, I mean, wait, is it one?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 1: When there's two forty fives on them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one thirty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I did.
Speaker 2: Yes, So I did that yesterday, and uh, I was like, I'll just knock just to get myself back. I'll just knock out a set of three sets ten with one thirty five.
Speaker 1: Dude. I got on that third set and I was like, and I was looking around, like, God, I hope nobody's looking at me like this is the weakest.
Speaker 4: Because you don't want to ask for a spot on ship. No.
Speaker 1: On one thirty.
Speaker 2: I just wrapped it out quit at nine and was like ten thousand. But dude, man, it's amazing what happens to you. When we had a baby and I've just been sitting I've just been sitting holding that baby for six months, bro, and like, and I've been on this weight loss thing where I've been trying to loose, like I've lost.
Speaker 1: You got to do this. We're holding the baby. Just hold the baby in one arm and just start doing this with it. I feel good, which I feel good, but I'm ready.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to feel better and I'm forty something man, So it's like just trying to live. You know what I'm saying. I don't care nothing about like looking good or none of that shit.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 4: I just want to stay a lot twenty five stall Like, dude, you know what the game changer is for me this year at least, especially being on the road. And it is a little bit of like sadness in a wrapper. But the RX bars, man, they taste like a eraser and cardboard, just like for yourself to eat one of those, you won't be hungry anymore. And it's like eggs and nuts and berries and stuff, and it's like, dude, life changer for U just mixing one RX bar a day.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, first, are those the blueberry and the black ones that we got?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like those they're little chewy, a little chewy. Begged my band to eat them with me and everybody's like, no, you're good, dude, those are yours. I'll buy it for bus stock, you know. Then I'll come back and there's still the same amount the costco.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just me, I do like, well, I have been doing eggs in the morning and then I call her Jumps.
Speaker 1: Her name is Jordan.
Speaker 6: She gets these flats of the fair life. Uh, all the approach shakes. Yeah, and I just keep those those are jam that's.
Speaker 4: Liquid gold at Costco, you find one of those, like you load up the palette, that's what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 2: Uh because I'm too cheap to buy a card because I know that she goes, so I'm just like, hey, fifty dollars a year, I can't do it.
Speaker 1: I'm not cheap.
Speaker 4: After like my fifth time of like feeling like mission impossible trying to break into Costco with my wife's card because first you try to just like scan it where you.
Speaker 1: Can't go getting they're getting yeah, they're getting go.
Speaker 4: Your face on there. Yeah, and it's my wife's face obviously. Oh she's in there. I'm just meeting her and they're like, no, she's not. How she get in already? Oh she got on her phone, all right. But after my fifth time, it's just getting sweated down, like like I can't.
Speaker 1: Afford so you got two memberships. I feel that.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's like the family thing, or maybe it was even that I just had to get like paid to get my card printed or something. But I'm always like path least resist. I don't want to have a Costco card for that, But yeah, I feel that, and now that I do have one, it's a powerful feeling.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the guy on the podcast says that drones are actually the size of like these drones are the size of SUVs and when you put a light on them, they go dark.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they're not.
Speaker 2: They don't have any evidence of them like zipping off like ufoi ish Right, it's just they just basically if you shout a spotlight on them, they will go dark, which is kind of creepy, but I gotta know this guy says, it's it's it's it's some sort of like governmental foreign intelligence outside kind of thing. Right.
Speaker 1: It's a really good podcast, by the way, if you want to check it out.
Speaker 4: Have an suv is crazy crazy, it's like a hovercraft at that point, crazy like yeah.
Speaker 2: He said that there are people that have personal drones at this point that can literally just hop in and they can fly them or round now that.
Speaker 1: They can't go into like ye air space.
Speaker 4: You see that, And that's the stuff we would dream about as kids, right, like a flying car basically.
Speaker 1: Like that that little pod is that that simbstance?
Speaker 4: That's just I know, you know it was it feels like George Jensen, that was it.
Speaker 2: George Okay, Okay, sorry anyway, Are you still talking about the drunk drone lately?
Speaker 1: Come on, man, you're an artist. The ain't taking you up in one.
Speaker 4: No. I bought a drone. I crashed it the first day I had. First day, Yeah, stuff, sorry to drive. You got four you got four things you're steering. I don't know what I do with the drone to Like, my dad got kicked out of his neighborhood because he's flying on people's backyards. So I look at their pool there, want to dad. People don't want your drunk.
Speaker 3: We have people, We've had people in here that like like shoot them down and stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean like like if they're if they're close enough, you know, they'll they'll pop in. If somebody drones in my house, I'm definitely shooting.
Speaker 1: It does feel like drones.
Speaker 2: Also, if you shoot one of those giants down, it's now a they can take you to jail straight up.
Speaker 1: So don't shoot. Don't shoot the big ones.
Speaker 4: Don you see the video of the guy in Florida, he's like an old, older, retired guy. Drone came in his front yard. I think it was like an Amazon delivery drone or something. Shot it down, popped a shotgun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with it.
Speaker 4: Sat out front, told baby, told baby, have dinner ready for him when I get back. He stuck his hands out, told the cops to They cuffed the cut the stuff due cuft him stuffed. H I think he was proud to serve a little jail time for it. Yeap, shot it. They took me one trigger.
Speaker 3: It does feel like like drones are a new like not new, but they're getting to be like a thing, right like even in even in the hunting industry. Now, like where it was you called a dog to trail a deer. It's like on a blood trailer or something. Now they've got drones that are thermal imaging and same thing. They're huge, but they will they'll go up and somebody's just sitting half a mile away and then fly over your property and find your deer that's that's been shot and has to cease. And now they're they're they're doing it where you can on the program, you can like lay out your property line and that drone will take the most efficient way across your property to read your deer herd and it'll tell you how many dos are in there, how many bucks are in there, how.
Speaker 1: Much of the I mean, they're they're thirty grand.
Speaker 4: I could I could see the value in that too, man too especially. I mean I got lost on a big old ranch in Texas when I was sixteen, shot my biggest buck ever.
Speaker 1: Can the story sounds all right, let's get into it. Yeah, mine as well.
Speaker 4: This was probably the wildest and I mean this is hunting one oh one for you.
Speaker 1: Know kids, what part of Texas way whut your buck bleed out?
Speaker 4: Right? Like if it's some time?
Speaker 1: Sure? Part Texas was.
Speaker 4: Gosh, this was Winters, Texas, so kind of southwest Texas. And uh, I was sixteen. We went out to my buddy's ranch and to this point I really hadn't killed like anything.
Speaker 2: Of note.
Speaker 4: My dad was super notoriously cheap growing up, and so like we'd get to go take it back on other people's ranches and day leases and stuff, and Dad wouldn't buy a feeder, wouldn't buy a blind. So like we had a ground blind which was like a live oak branch that he had pulled between two trees and two folding chairs. Is where I shot my first dough off or it was a spike actually off a folding chairs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Guy, Right, I'm pretty sure we skinned it with a with a Swiss army knife that still has done for But like that was my initiation to it. But in Texas there's a lot of big money guys with big ranches and stuff. And so one of my buddies that was real well to do invited me to his ranch to go hunting. And I'd killed a couple of deer, but I hadn't been through like you know, real training. Yeah, just you know, done what I considered hunting with my dad, which was like bare minimum right.
Speaker 1: And sounds like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was wondering where you air quoted, yeah, ground bind and now because it was literally good, Yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Some limbs and a lawn.
Speaker 4: Chair and so basically they drove me out to this blind and they were like, you're gonna see some big buck. Take whatever you want. It was a really cool deal. You know, you rarely ever get that kind of mutation, right, And.
Speaker 1: So this is it like Cindario hunting, like like lanes and coming out of the bush.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, So this big old eight point, which at the time was as big a buck as I had seen, comes out beautiful spread, nice and symmetrical, just gorgeous. Buck comes out and it's right before dusk, and I end up pulling the trigger on it, and uh, one shot goes down. Thirty seconds later, I'm out of the blind, going to get at sunsetting right thirty seconds Yeah, I mean just right, excited kid, I dropped it first shot. I thought I dropped it dead right, and I get twenty yards away from the buck. It pops back up and it's gone love that, of course, course it did, right course, And so I trail it for about a half a mile, see it, pull the trigger again, and then I hit it, but it goes again.
Speaker 1: Oh he's blasting, yeah, blasting.
Speaker 4: So now it's like twenty degrees outside. My cell phone, which was like a Nokia brick at the time, is run out of batteries. I've pulled the trigger twice. I have one bullet left in my two seventy and it is officially dark.
Speaker 1: And we played too much snake, Yeah, played too much snake in the bar.
Speaker 4: Exactly, And I've probably walked a mile at this point, and we're on ten thousand acres and I have no idea where I am directionally, and apparently my buddy's dad had come to pick me up with the blind was like hammering on the horn on the truck and I never heard it.
Speaker 1: You couldn't hear it, and no, and h.
Speaker 4: They had told me just before we went out there that there has been a cougar running around. One bullet in my gun. There's probably ten degrees outside at this point. Now, Cougar's all I can think of in my mind is sure cougar out here. And I have no idea where I am, and so I started to think that I was going to spend the night out there. I was starting to look at trees and like, what am I going to, you know, sit against something? And eventually I found a barbed wire fence and I just followed that fence for about three miles until I hit a highway and I ended up hitch hiking no midnight, because they knew the chad Burns ranch where we were at, took me back to camp. And my dad has never been more pissed in his entire life.
Speaker 1: So, wait, did you find the deer?
Speaker 4: The next day they went out and found the deer. There were some birds circling it, so it was pretty easy.
Speaker 2: But wow, man, yeah, yeah, you know, I saw, uh, I should shying this though the nart and I was looking and and I was talking about and we were talking about why, like how much technology is good, if it's good or if it's bad, or you know, whether you're into it or not. And same kind of scenario, except a three year old had gotten lost. Kid, they couldn't find him in the house. They back up to like a six thousand acre cornfield, right, so they call the fire department, Fire demartment. This is what I'm glad at. I'm glad of this. I'm glad that this happened. So they call the fire department. Fire department, comes.
Speaker 4: Parks on the side of the road and you can there's the video.
Speaker 2: Is the drone, right, the drone looking down on the cornfield and it's going was swiping this corn field, and all of a sudden it catches just a little white spot. Zooms, zooms, zooms, and you see what looks like my three I'm getting chill bumps right now. I think that you see what looks like my three year old, like walking going through this corn good and then dark is it dark?
Speaker 1: Dark?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, middle of the night. And then from the highway.
Speaker 1: You can he's zoomed.
Speaker 2: He comes back out and you can see so the kids here, multiple multiple hundreds of rows of corn, and then the road, the fire truck, a truck truck what we pulled up in, and then you just see this white spot just sprinting through that corn, just knocking corner. It was it was the kid's dad, the drone.
Speaker 4: He was seeing that.
Speaker 2: The drunk He was like, if I go straight, I'm gonna run it. And dude, you see the kid, Like, because you're seeing them both, right, kids sets up, he starts trying to he can hear him at this point you can't hear it, but he's going through and like you see him just the dad come crashing through that corn grab it. And I'm like, dude, at that point, I'm like, man, God, bless that drone. Dude, Oh dude, absolutely, you know what I mean, And like it's good for fire departments to have it. And I mean he's said he possibly save that kid. How else would you Is there a more efficient way to find that count?
Speaker 3: No, that's the most and that's the thing, right, Like that is the most effect even to find a deer. To find that's the most they may make them to drop bombs on the White House, but they're you know, if they're finding kids in corn fields, and I'm cool with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean like if a high school party gets busted and everybody scattered, Yeah, yeah, wins loss.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah right, all right, all right, we have droned it today. I shared a heartwarming story, yeah, a sad one.
Speaker 1: So we're good. So you're talking about Texas. What where did you grow up where?
Speaker 4: I grew up in Austin, proper so born and raised there, which is it seemed normal to me as a kid, But I didn't realize until you know, I moved out of Austin and Nashville and got to see the rest of the country. How cool it was to grow up in Austin while Austin was popping off. Yeah, you know, we were playing in bars by the time I was fourteen, with exits on our hand in Sixth Street. It was such a live music town. The food was awesome, the you know, the people were incredible. And then the Texas Hill country. People don't realize, like how beautiful it is out there. You got lakes, you got rolling hills, you have like there's green but there's also you know, desert, and it's just it was a really really cool place to grow up.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the bats fly out from the bridge?
Speaker 4: Yeah, under the South Congress Bridge over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you remember we went to do We went to do that and we went to Austin last year for the I Heart of the Country iHeart Festival.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's the first time I've ever been to Austin and so one of the things that said to do was go go watch it. And there were thousands of people there to watch these bats, but like they didn't come out.
Speaker 1: It was like one of the nights we saw a couple.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but I'm saying, like it's like three or four million, I think. And they had the boats floating on there that were like the bat boats and they're turned around that swimming. There's a guy swimming across that's crazy.
Speaker 1: They're real mad at him for swimming boats. So are you a you went to you went to UT right, I.
Speaker 4: Went to the University of Texas. Yeah, So, I mean growing up there, it was like sure you had to you had to want to go to ut That was like part of what I was ingrained with. So went to University of Texas walked onto the golf team there, which is really cool, joined the fraternity there. I met my wife there, so like, yeah, I Austin had a big part of my coming up.
Speaker 2: How do you feel How do you feel like they're gonna I don't know when is this? When is this a podcast?
Speaker 4: Aaron?
Speaker 1: Are we gonna?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: So yeah, we'll we'll know when the podcast comes out. Yeah, we'll know what what went down? What do you how are you feeling about this about this weekend?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: I feel like we might be in trouble. I feel like this is going to probably be the best team we've played this year. I think we're capable of beating them. We have a ridiculous amount of talent. It's just a matter of like the small ball stuff looked really sloppy against Arizona State Special teams wasn't great. There were a lot of drop passes, There was a lot of kind of bonehead plays. And if it's the Texas that can button that up, we can win this game, and if not, we're gonna get run over. So I wholeheartedly agree with everything I like to take.
Speaker 1: I like that to freaking Ohio stage just looks good. Dude, like just look like there's not a weak spot.
Speaker 2: I mean like that, Yeah, I mean when you get to this point of the year, right, like the teams that are left are all that, but they're all like.
Speaker 4: Looked like they ran into a bus. Everybody was talking about how they were going to come in and run the table and they just look like a deer out. Coach outsaw, I played, Yeah, I lost some.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love watching this.
Speaker 2: I love watching football, like college football, especially because like you watch throughout the year and you'll you'll see some good games and and like defenses are playing okay, but like it's like anything playoff, anything postseason, like getting if you're playing for a championship is the highest caliber level of athleticism and gaming that you're gonna see. And just to watch these kids play right now, man, is so much fun. And especially the way they've done the playoff system this year and everything.
Speaker 4: What it's been really fun for me too is to see my oldest to seven get into it. So like he's got a little Longhorn jersey now and me and him will barbecue on game day. Oh come on, you know, like he got a little smart watch for Christmas and so like he'll call me to talk about football on his smart watch, which is awesome. That's the best. So like having a little wing man like hy on game day with me that that has made it even more fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fun. Why are you whipping up? What are whipping up on the grill for game? But he's your grill.
Speaker 4: Masters, So yeah, that's like my favorite thing in the world to do. Obviously, texts barbecues pretty world renowned. And I started cooking when I was super young with my dad and my mom, and so you know, brisket is probably like my my thing. If I'm really going to show off. That's just a full day commitment, so I don't do it too often.
Speaker 1: How long do you smoke it? How long?
Speaker 4: I try to go just over an hour a pound. But there's also, like you, I try to let it rest for two hours after I'm done cooking it. You know, there's prep time and carving it and all that stuff. So I mean it's a every bit of fifteen hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a fellow smoker myself, but yeah, I've adopted the overnight.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm such a My wife calls me the park ranger. I'm always like, uh, fire man, I like smoking the bear, so it's hard for me to let it's hard for me to let roll. I'm sleeping. I like to watch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tragger, see that's even safer. Well, it is, and it's not.
Speaker 4: Especially with a big old brisket like that.
Speaker 2: If you see those videos, I've never had agree when they go up, they go up in flames. Absolutely, Okay, that's terrifying if you get to if you get some too greasy and you don't have like a catch pin or something like, and it's dripping down on was Yeah, And the Traggers come with like you can put one in there, but they also come with a runoff down to But if you get if you start getting greases down in that in that bottom compartment of that time.
Speaker 4: You know what was a life changer on the Tragger The other day though, was we did a venison backstrap. Come on, oh my gosh, you cooked out at two twenty five for just an hour's pretty sick, super quick. Didn't just black pepper rub on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Even my wife, who doesn't really like wild game as much, was like eating it like crazy, and it's super lean, tons of protein. The flavor was insane and I'm not usually like usually with venison, it's I'm probably gonna be like chicken fried or you know that that version of it, or do like a fifty to fifty ground beef where it's like burgers or chili or whatever. But like that backstrap, it was it was something else.
Speaker 1: Where did you get your strap? Where did you come from?
Speaker 4: I got it from a buddy of mine, Brandley Gilbert's manager. He had gone out great, Yeah, yeah, so he brought some by the house after he had gone Yeah, he actually brought me some red red stag backstrap also that well.
Speaker 2: But that was me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's good, dude, dear venison period. And it's kind of like anything else. Like if somebody doesn't like venison, then they probably haven't had.
Speaker 1: It prepared the right way.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: Cook.
Speaker 4: You can turn someone off of venison, just like anything.
Speaker 1: Else, right, like b for pork or anything chicken, like poultry.
Speaker 2: If you overcook something to the point of where it's not gonna taste good, or marinate it wrong, or don't let it sit long enough, then yeah, you can turn anybody off.
Speaker 4: Especially on that backstrap. I think people overcook it all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if you get one that's like leather.
Speaker 3: It's it doesn't taste good, or you let it if it stays in the fridge too long, throw it out like it's got that gamy. But if you cook it right, man, if you let it sit and you've got your meter in it, you cook it till one twenty five, little light red internal dude duck too.
Speaker 4: You keep duck nice and rare, man, it's so delicious. My dad's on a huge duck kick these days.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's uh, he's got me into it.
Speaker 1: So you'll do y'all do some duck hunting.
Speaker 4: I haven't done a ton of duck hunting Texas common We did. We did a bunch of bird hunting, right go, like pheasant and quail. Really do a bunch of you know, dove hunting stuff like that. But I didn't do a ton of duck hunting. It was mostly deer hunting and then pheasant quail.
Speaker 1: How do you cook your dove?
Speaker 4: Man? I like that bacon wrapped, Yeah, cold beer, wash that down and it say, it's about as good a night as you can have.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, what was it like for you? Growing?
Speaker 4: What was that?
Speaker 1: What was like your outdoor experience? Growing up. Was it was it hunting? Was it was it golfing? Yeah? Fishing? Like what?
Speaker 4: Man? I was just an outside guy. I love being in nature. So I was super lucky. My dad was redneck early Austin, and Lake Austin, which is now like where all the rich billionaires live, was like the country.
Speaker 1: So you got a place down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so my dad built a house on Lake Austin in nineteen ninety two when we hardly had neighbors in a mailbox, and I literally would go out on the lake every day after school. A canoe we go. I'd go out in the back by myself in the canoe, I'd go fishing. I had a dog, I had a little Golden Retriever mix, and she'd come out on the boat with me, and she.
Speaker 1: Was snaggy, of course.
Speaker 4: Every day we'd go fishing catch. I think I've caught every kind of fish you can catch in Lake Austin, you know, white bass, crappie, catfish, large mouth, small mouth. Everything.
Speaker 1: Where you're going by yourself? How old are you?
Speaker 4: My dad started letting me go by myself when I was about ten years old.
Speaker 1: Okay, now what you are you gonna? Would you let your chance. I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now the same way I think about all the times that I almost messed up by myself, for sure.
Speaker 1: But but but the lessons you learned from that valuable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it could have killed me, like uh, gotten mouth copperhead that I stepped over between my legs. I'm hearing you as a fellow, dad, I'm hearing you ran into a homeless dude in the woods by myself.
Speaker 1: Okay now that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, And luckily it was like that, hold on.
Speaker 1: To tell us that story.
Speaker 4: I mean, he was camping, had a fire, was by myself.
Speaker 1: But what were you doing in the woods.
Speaker 4: I was on the so the wood, so I had docked the john boat and I was walking through the woods just exploring, exploring, Yeah, life lesson, just just learning about you. Now he kind of scurried. It was like because he was clearly camping on somebody's property, far enough away that they couldn't see, and so he kind of scurried. But like thinking about that, definitely gone hear the fire out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's terrifying, and so.
Speaker 4: Thinking about that kind of stuff. Snakes, uh, are you know you only get one mess up with a couple of them? So that kind of stuff is uh and and they're mostly timid, but you know, copperheads a lot of testing.
Speaker 1: I want to TAP's weird.
Speaker 2: I want to tap it in this a little bit because I'm dealing with the same thing. Like my my wife we lived kind of out, well, we live way out, and my wife is like.
Speaker 1: Where's Bood.
Speaker 2: I'm like, he's fine, he's outside, yeah, and we're inside right, And he's like, She's like, well what if. And I'm like, dude, he's there's nowhere to go, right, And so like, even when I'm mowing him not be on his little four wheeler a little you know, twelve or four whether riding around the other day, he just cuts out through the field. And my first reaction was like, I gotta go get him. And then I'm like, well, wait a second, why do I gotta go get him? I can clearly see him gonna be there's nothing really for him to like get into, right.
Speaker 4: It's the best.
Speaker 2: And we would go you remember, we would take those three wheelers and go miles in the river bottoms. Yeah, all the way to the river, get to the river, swim in the river, flip flipping four wheelers down there, fish run out of gas in the river, and I think about, like, now, would I let my dudes do that? Or even Liza, like would I let them? It's a little different with a girl for me, just because we're built to be terrified of that anyway. But that's what I'm saying, like, do you feel like our kids are going to either a miss out, b be different? See be a bunch of whimps because we're not going.
Speaker 1: To allow that.
Speaker 4: It's a good question to go bump into homeless people in the woods trying to figure out the same thing, because it's I trust the kids, and I do think like getting a little dirt on it, getting hurt, like figuring out stuff you shouldn't do, is really good for you. I don't trust people, and I think people maybe have gotten a little scarier.
Speaker 1: They I'm with you, I'm with you. I'm playing Devil's Avoca. My thing is like, have they gotten scaried of? Yes? Probably. It's like but we know too, Like that's all there's too many there's too much information.
Speaker 4: On the r case scenario from all the time world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody's on that right like every day pursue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, that's that's a fair point. I mean because I was in the water every day, and.
Speaker 1: Like ten years old in the water is young.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's young. And I learned a ton from like figuring stuff out, like when you run out of gas so the motor breaks down, or like we lived at a bend in the lake where it got really shallow, so like by the time I was fourteen, there'd be boats all the time come and through where they bought them out and get stuck, and I'd be out there and take my little John boat out jump in the water. I'd be waite deep, knee deep in mud and helping these guys like getting their boats out of the mud and stuff like that. And that stuff is good for character building and turned it out man like, Man, I'll never forget the first time I got leeches on my legs. That would terrifying. Or man, we went and uh got chased by I did. For the first time I figured out swans were mean. We found this little island with a swan nest and came up on the island and went and looked at the nest and got just run out of there by a couple of swans. And that was like, Yeah, you wouldn't have that story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you wouldn't have those stories if your dad wasn't like his.
Speaker 4: Dad would have never let it. He ain't going up there to look at the swan yourself figured out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The first time I ran up on a hornet's nest man, that was, you know, just got ripped.
Speaker 1: Learning what's that? What's that saying?
Speaker 2: It's like, it's like, let your kids do dangerous I don't stop your kids from doing dangerous things careful, carefully.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: I adopted it just because it's like, you know, monkey bars for example, Well, dude, if my five year old swings on them jokers and drops, it's gonna hurt. But if she's doing it carefully and not reckless, and I can kind of be there to you know what I'm saying, like, let her do it without just walking her through, but if I can let her do And the other thing was the I don't know what they're called, but the metal things that that are like a dome that you can climb up on. Yeah, that terrifies me when they start climbing up on there. Yeah, the ping ponging down, you know what I mean. I'm like, but if they're doing it carefully, I think I think kids need to fall off that stuff. I think I'm not saying they need to fall and break their their arm or anything, but like like last night, we were playing Floors Live in my house and my little girl flipped off the couch and she hit her arm and like, she doesn't.
Speaker 3: She's tough as nails, man, She's two years old. But she hit and she was like, and she got up and she did she had like a strawberry like a carpet burn.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I was like, and she was like, and I was like, hey, are you okay? Like does it?
Speaker 3: She was like, And I think I think like even letting them do those things and not overreacting and are you okay? Baby, like like letting them get hurt and and and letting them see that they can fall and get back up.
Speaker 4: And you know, I just think us as kids acting different around mom versus dad when hurt. For sure, because I knew my mom was gonna, you know, give me a hug and put me on a couch and eyes and dad like if I got to cut or something, he was gonna go grab the rubbin alcohol and just pour it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally different. I find that, you know what I think about all the time. Was Lee Hill fellow listener to this podcast, shout out Leehill. When we were at Courtney's our sisters and his kids stepped on a piece of glass, right and.
Speaker 1: Look, bro, he was like, he was like, yeah, it was six or seven years old the time that hurts.
Speaker 4: I would still scream.
Speaker 2: So the six seven year old kids steps on this glass and he's doing the you know, and his dad's like, I mean it is literally like like sticking out of the toe or whatever. It wasn't a giant piece, but it was.
Speaker 1: It hurt, you know. And I remember thinking, man, he's being kind of cold. But he was like hey.
Speaker 2: At first, all he was like, let me tell, let me tell what's happened. You stepped on a piece of glass. Let me tell what has to happen. I have to get it out. Let me tell you after that happens, it's going to hurt a lot, but you're not going to die. Yeah, And he was like, oh I'm not. He was like, you're not going to die. And thirty minutes from now, you won't even remember that this happened. And he was like okay, dad, and he was sucking them tears back and he popped that piece of glass out and he wasn't crying, And I was like, that's a great to me, is a great example of our parents. I feel like Dad was not like that. I feel like he was like, oh that looks pretty bad. I hurt when I pull it out.
Speaker 1: Shit, you know what I mean. There wasn't any like explain.
Speaker 4: I think there's also assuming like a kid that's going to be thinking rationally too, because like there's been more location of my five year old. If I've been like, hey, you're not going to.
Speaker 1: Die, yes, I am five seven eight. Yeah he was tough age Yeah yeah, good point.
Speaker 2: No, my but my five year old, dude, she stubs her toe it for the next two hours, you're you're going.
Speaker 1: To hear about it.
Speaker 2: So I'm not worried about making my girls tough, but I'm definitely worried about my boys, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And we're all I mean we all it's all like in the moment right like like there's no there's no this is how you do it. You're we're all learning how to parent as they're learning how to be tough.
Speaker 4: And we got a little creek behind our house, which was important to me. Too. I wanted the boys to like be able to do what I did as a kid and like just get up in it, you know what I mean, figure it out? Yeahlip, we go flip rocks over, catch crawfish together.
Speaker 2: You you should do is you should plant like me or read out there as a homeless guy and let you want and let us try to like, hey boy, make the right decisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you see a weird guy, bearded guy out there?
Speaker 4: You could say it happened to me too, And I'm fine, all right, just waiting.
Speaker 1: I'll come down with some camp with some ripped camo on. Hey boys, all right, let's talk about music. What uh when? What was your what did you what like?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: How was your introduction of music? What was like was your parents?
Speaker 4: Yeah, my parents grew up listening to country music. They was it Texas or Texas scene. They were on the like forefront of the George Straight stuff. So when he was playing like Broken Spoke and stuff like that down there in Texas before he had really made his break, they would go two step and so like I think they took a lot of ownership and like seeing that become like the biggest artists. Oh yeah, and so my mom was a huge George Straight fan. Joked that I was half named after my dad and half named after George Straight. And my dad loved like some of that Outlaws stuff more so he was kind of a wild man back in the day. So he loved you know, the Willie Whalen Merle all those guys.
Speaker 1: And he had.
Speaker 4: Never forget it was sixth grade. He picked me up in a in a new f one fifty that was like his new truck, and it was the kind of has the sixth CD player. Yeah, and so that's like if you're going to change the CD, like you have to get all the way under the seat and figure it out. And to this day, I actually was just home two weeks ago driving that truck and same CDs. We're still in the sea.
Speaker 1: What's in there? What's in there?
Speaker 4: So you had Leanne Ryme's Blue album. That was a soft spot for dad like that. He had ground jazz, background jazz. He had Whalan's greatest hits, he had Willy's greatest hits. He had Julio Iglesias because Julio was collaboratively a lot with Willie at the time. So you get a little Latin flair in there and then Santana saw yeah pretty strong, little mixed there, but yeah, that was a nostalgia shot for me. Man, it's this playlist essentially, Yeah, yeah, those sixty It shows you where the jazz in the background came from.
Speaker 1: When did you start you mentioned earlier playing playing bars. I start like, when did you start.
Speaker 2: Figuring out that you wanted to sing, that you wanted to be in a band and try to try to chase chase music a little bit?
Speaker 4: Chasing not for a long time doing it because I loved it, Like as early as I can remember, it was just I loved to Like I would sing in my dad's truck, Like I would just sing to the radio. I knew the words of every song on the radio, and that was like our thing together. We'd listen to the radio, I'd roll the windows down and we'd sing and just drive around and that was awesome. And then I started to like have ideas of writing songs, but I didn't know how to play any instruments. And so I actually found a buddy that had been taking guitar lessons is probably like seventh grade at this point. He taught me how to string a couple of chords together on guitar, and then I was kind of off and running, like writing songs. And by eighth grade, I was starting to like write my own songs and that was kind of when I started my first band. And Austin was cool because garage bands were almost like football teams in Austin, Like you had that like camaraderie support system, and like you'd play in each other's bands and we'd go. Everybody kind of lived around the same neighborhood and so you'd go like sit in each other's driveways and whatever band would set up in the garage and it almost just be like a tailgate hang.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that was super special because I've never really seen another city that did that. It's felt normal then. But we all had bands.
Speaker 1: I don't know there is one, maybe Seattle as far as that punk thing back.
Speaker 4: And the other cool thing was original music was super encouraged and people had patience to listen to original music even when it was not good, because I mean, we're eighth graders writing songs, right, Like the songs are horrible, but people would rather hear a song that you wrote what you had to say, like share that like creative moment than have cover bands. So we had almost no cover bands. So you might have a cover or two in your set, but everybody was writing original songs. And for me that was like almost like cultivated my superpower of songwriting. That was basically what got me my record. Dealing to Nashville was like learning how to tell stories and learning how to write songs at a super young age came really naturally to me. And you kind of playing those sets in the driveway, you see like, Okay, this song's connecting with people, or Okay, nobody's listening anymore. Like that nobody really cared for that song, and it was such a really cool, like genuine organic testing ground and a huge part of like my come up as an artist.
Speaker 2: Anybody else make it out that you were like kind of crossing paths with that's still playing music today.
Speaker 4: I would say, like right after college there was a bar called Rattle in So this is probably what like twenty years old for me and Shane Smith and the Saints. Yeah, and I were like we had dueling residencies, so like I would play one Friday and he'd play the next Friday, and like we were kind of rooting for each other and it was cool because our stuff kind of started taking off at the same time, so that was really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I always loved those guys and actually a lot of our players would like sub for each other if somebody couldn't make a gig because none of us were making any money. That think the Rattling paid both of us. We'd play like four hour sets for two hundred and fifty bucks for the whole band. Like yeah, grind crazy, Yeah, yeah the Grind.
Speaker 1: Brandley was on my grind and so was Zach Brown.
Speaker 2: Those were like the bands that were wow that came up and did it when we were on the same circuits.
Speaker 1: Pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: Brantley was a big part of getting my start to just because he was one of the first bigger artists to believe in me.
Speaker 1: Well, dude, what a.
Speaker 4: Good dude, the best that guy is the best you've been through Gilbert is I have Like I think I probably had like five thousand followers on social media at the time. I couldn't sell six tickets by myself. I'm just starting my solo career. I don't even have a record deal yet. I've barely signed a publishing deal and Brantley, Gilbert took me to Red Rocks to open for him direct support, back to back nights sold out. Wow, and that was I like, overdoubled my fan base in those two nights alone. I all of a sudden had all this social media buzz, like had people discovering who I was. And then Brantley proceeded to take me out on tour for about two months after that, just because he liked me as a person and music man and gave me a shot like way way before I deserved it. Man. And you want to talk about a guy that can write a song and knows how to connect with his fans like standing side stage and watching him perform and like tell stories.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that cat knows who he is. Man. Yeah, And.
Speaker 4: One of my one of my coolest and earliest memories was at Red Rocks with Brantley. I just finished my set. It was electric, like on borderline blur, how fast it went by and how amazing it was. And I'm gonna make y'all use a turkey call to to bleep this out, but I gotta, I gotta get to grant the quote. It's justice. I'm standing side stage and I'm watching him. He's played like eight songs and Brantley takes a little smoke break in the middle of his set, right, so he walks side stage and he lights up a cigarette and he goes puss it out, looks up at the solo out crowd looks at me, and he goes, pretty cool. Huh that's like, yeah, man, pretty.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been We've been to Red Rocks and and uh we went with Luke and it's a different it's a different feeling up there.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: That is that place is just it holds this ambience. It's it's it's a cool place.
Speaker 4: The seed didn't go straight up and that's what you The undescribable thing is that it holds ten thousand people. But that ten thousand person in the back right on top of it, he's still right on top of Yeah, it's true. And they just are electric out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a far pretty special.
Speaker 4: If you played the Gorge, I have played the Gorge.
Speaker 1: How's that? I said? Only one I hadn't been to.
Speaker 4: That is unbelievable. Also, we got to go as beautiful a countryside as you can see in backstage that you're hitting golf balls off a click. Yeah, it's it's unbelievable you.
Speaker 1: Uh, you made it.
Speaker 2: And it was just a post that said that you didn't have two nickels to rub together to two numbers to a number one song was in a year.
Speaker 1: Uh, what what's one of your best like broke as hell artist moments? Do you do? You have one that comes to mind?
Speaker 4: That was just a life in general for so long, man, trying to think of like a specific example here.
Speaker 3: Because for instance, for us, like we lived on a house boat and and and would I mean we didn't have enough money to go eat, you know, I mean like we were moving furniture and trying to figure it out, and I.
Speaker 1: Was on pire of softball games and writing songs. Yeah, man, And we were trying.
Speaker 2: We were catching crappie underneath the boat and dropping Christmas trees that we find on the side of the road, so we'd have crappie under our boat and that road.
Speaker 4: I remember a story that still kind of like makes my my skin cross think about it. But we I had just saved up enough to buy a sprinter so I didn't have to drive my truck on the road all the time. And by by a sprinter, this had for the Sprinter had four hundred and fifty thousand miles on ok, you could basically see through the floorboard every single piece of it rattled, but I've never figured. And when I bought the Sprinter, right, and Scotty McCreary had invited us out to open some shows for us, God bless Scotty.
Speaker 1: What a good dude, good dude.
Speaker 4: And I was like, all right, we're taking the Sprinter first run. We're playing small Town Kentucky that night in the theater. And it wasn't the second that we crossed the Kentucky line that all the lights in the Sprinter go right, and so the motor is still running. All the lights on the dash come on. Sprinter's Germans, so you don't know what anything means, and you're just kind of like, oh, man, here we go, first run, first run, big shocker like, and so drive it a couple more miles down the road and you can tell the engine's going now. And so now we're like in nowhere Kentucky, right, Which I don't know if y'all been out in the hallers before, but it's uh, it's from the Yeah, when you get out in the Hallers, it's you're out there, right, and this thing breaks down in the parking lot. Come to find out it's the alternator, and uh, there's uh I think it was like Jim Bob's auto mechanic was the only thing we could find. Right, limp in there and uh this guy comes out. He's got fourteeth and you know, his eyes are looking at different sides of the room, and he's like, yeah, I'll get you fixed up. And then he goes in there and in thirty seconds he's screaming with the boss and he comes back out and he's like, hey man, I'm sorry, I can't help you. I just got fired. And I was like, oh man. So we go in there and the boss is like, yeah, man, he's been he's been doing meth on the job or whatever. He'd he'd been doing drugs and couldn't.
Speaker 1: If the four four tell you that.
Speaker 4: Fortunately, he can't get you in. And then I go out of the parking lot and there's a guy under the sprinter that doesn't work for anybody, and he's like, hey man, I saw you broke down. He's like, I'd be happy to help you. And he's like, if you wouldn't mind getting YouTube out if you can show me where the alternator is, I can change the alternator. I was like, Man, if you can't find the alternative, you don't.
Speaker 1: Know where I tell you where it's at. You ain't they the job?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 4: And then we couldn't We couldn't afford to have it towed back to Nashville either, and so we just left it there and I rented a Nissan Kicks, I want to say. It was like a two seater, and we had all of our gear in the back and we did a one week run with Scotty McCreary in a Nissan Kicks.
Speaker 1: How did you.
Speaker 4: Ended up finding a fan of Scotti's not to that town in Kentucky and fixed the alternator for us what came back on the way back and drove it home. So God bless that dude. But yeah, when you got all your money in the car, you can't afford to get fixed up or toad. It's a it's a wild deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you got to make it work, right, You got to You got to go get the Canissan Kicks and go play.
Speaker 4: It was like thirty five dollars a day to rent. It was perfect, and we got through it.
Speaker 1: So Wow, that is the grind. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think I actually still have a video that I posted. And I was out in the parking lot and Scotty had his two buses there, and you know how a lot of us artists, we're all guilty of it, Like perception is reality. Yeah, And I saw I'm in between Scotty's two buses, and I'm like, we're right here on tour with Scotty McCreary, you know, And I just wanted to show y'all our beautiful ride. And I've got the two buses in the background, and then I'm panned behind me.
Speaker 1: The grind, man, Yeah, the grind. That's awesome. Uh but dog, here you are now coming off your second number one.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. I kissed the floor of the tour bus the first night I got on him. Heck you, it was because that's a dream for any artist, right to have a rolling house on wheels. Somebody else driving makes it a lot easier game changer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so yeah, the first night we watched The Big Lebowski, we made white Russians at the bar, kicked our feet up, had somebody else driving. I was like, man, this is it. Yeah, I've made it, and then I got the first bill for the tour bus and I almost crossed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, got a book a lot more shows next year. And it's still eighteen wheels.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's regardless of how you slice it, you're it's still still Wheels on the Highway.
Speaker 4: It's been awesome and in this year, touring wise was a huge step up for us. We had a lot of artists kind of give us a tab on the shoulder getting out to go with Luke Bryan for the first time. Boy, he's become a mentor and a friend and put us in front of some of the craziest crowds we've ever gotten to play. And so it still doesn't feel real being out there, you know, being part of that huge production. But it's been pretty special. We come a long way from the Sprinter.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on all the time, A long way. Good for you.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about your new song coming out or is it out now? It's coming out the seventeenth, Okay, so I don't know when that is sick, so it won't be long. Give us a talk us through that. We've heard it's so great man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's the most special song that I've ever been a part of writing. This year has obviously like turned my world upside down. I have my first ever two number ones, so it's like, for the first time, people know my name, know my songs. Every time I get to my truck, I can hear one of my songs on the radio. It's been a really surreal year. But people don't talk about like there's a lot of pressure that comes with like trying to back it up. I've chased so long, my whole life to be here. I want to stick around for a little bit, right of course, I love what we're getting to do, and there's a lot of pressure to kind of back that stuff up. And if I'm being honest, I was feeling a little bit stuck on what was next for me. I'd written one hundred and fifty songs, and I'd written a lot of songs. I was like, man, that's good, but I don't feel like undoubtedly, like this is my next single. And when I had written Mind on You, and when I had written Cowboy Songs, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that they were the next single. And I hadn't had that feeling yet. My wife was kind of like, hey, if you don't feel that way yet, you don't have that song yet. And I'll never forget that morning, the morning I wrote the song. I have a friend in country radio and she's been like a huge supporter of me from like the very beginning, and sometimes I'll bounce songs off her just to get a perspective from the industry, and I was like, hey, I called her that morning and I was like, Hey, do you mind if I send you just like a dropbox of ten songs and see if you have like an opinion on what's next. And she was like, yes, of course, I'd love to. And I went in as soon as I got off the phone with her to write a song and we wrote it won't be long, and I called her back after the rite and I was like, hey, you don't have to listen to those I wrote the single today, and that was pretty special. My dad had been in town visiting, and I think it was like watching the guy that raised me in the backyard raising my kids the same way, playing with them, and like having all those flashbacks of like how fast life moves and how special some of those memories were that I got to be a part of. And it was a cool opportunity for me to like write about real life because I hadn't really like drawn the curtain back all the way and so I feel like it's a big step for me as an artist. It's the most honest song that I've ever written, and I think a lot of people can just relate to like those little life vignettes of like stories of things that are that are real. And the other thing cool thing. I wrote it with some super close friends Tranny Anderson, Chase McGill and Joe Fox and Training have been friends forever and she had asked me to write probably like five or six times before, and I had wanted to write with Training because I've been such a huge fan of hers, but I my schedule was horrible and I'd just been missing it and missing it and missing it. And finally she was like, Hey, I've got this date coming up. I'd love for you to jump on. And I look at my calendar and again I'm booked. I can't do it, And I was like, you know what, I'm canceling. Something tells me I need to write with Training day and so I canceled the right that I was supposed to be on. I went in the room with training, and it turns out Chase had canceled the right he was supposed to be on, and Joe Fox had canceled the right that he was supposed to be on. All of us to be in that room that day. We wrote the song in like three hours, turned it into the record label, and by midnight that night it was declared a single and had an AD. And I've never in my life had that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that's awesome, that's crazy, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Well, it's that kind of song, right, I mean, like like it's that kind of special moment that like you're saying, like it like when you hear that thing, it's you're not you feel something and it makes you want to attack life.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 4: I think it's the first song that I've ever written that is like one hundred percent honest. I've had all of my songs thus far like inspired by real life and you take some creative liberties and you kind of like make it into a story that's like commercial enough for people to resonate with or whatever. But this is the first time where I've written a song where like every single story in it is something that I've lived. There's a line in the second verse. You know it won't belong to you. Take a starter house of the studs. When I graduated college, I bought this house that was like condemned holes in the ceiling, no floors, like just a disaster. Kara and I and my wife and I were dating at the time. I took her to see the house. She cried because it was so horrible. And I spent six months with my dad like fixing it up. Took it down to the studs, read did the drywall, readd the floors, put a new roof on it. And then I brought her to the house again when it was done, and proposed to her in the backyard. And she cried tears that time. So that's like a life memory that I'll never forget. And there was a pool table in the front room that had like cigarette stains because it was as is house you kept everything, yeah, and among other kinds of stains everywhere all over it. And she hated that pool table. But my buddies, would you know, stay up late, held the moon play on that thing. And uh that was when we had kids. We got rid of the pool table, and now there's a crib table was and won't belong to your seven Your last names at the plate were in seven again. The first time I saw my kids with birds across the back and I was always number seven and they're number seven again. I mean, I got choked up seeing it. And so it's like all these little life pictures. And I think we wrote the song so fast because of that. It wasn't like we had to think super hard. It was just like grabbing memories out of the air and plugging them into a song. And so the first few times I played it live, I couldn't get through it without choking up because it was like, it's pretty real. Yeah, And I've played it enough now where I feel confident getting through the song. But it's it's a special one. It means a lot to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all have to like we all have to write those other songs, right, like all those other songs, the you know, the tailgate stuff and the and the commercial thing. But it feels like that type of song, uh, and what you're talking about the experience and drawing from life experience, Like that's the kind of song you move to town to write, you know. And it's and it is always an awesome moment when you realize you're gonna you're about to get to write something like that.
Speaker 4: You know, it's fun as an artist when you can make music that you don't have to sell, music that you genuinely believe in and like you don't have to pretend to feel any way other than how you feel when you sing it. It's good because we're in show business, right, and you want people to have a good time and you want people to feel stuff, and sometimes it is theatrical and sometimes like you have to get yourself in the mood or the zone to like put on this performance to try to make somebody else feel a certain way. And that's the job we have, and it's an awesome job. But when you don't have to dial anything up, when you can get up there and just be honest, it's you and it's real and you mean it, and it connects with other people too. That's why we need to town for sure, tell stories that are real and make you feel something. That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree, that is it.
Speaker 2: And occasionally you get that feeling of like, oh man, we might be on one yeah as a rider and that feels that feels fun too.
Speaker 4: There is no more nerve wracking, slash exciting feeling when you get a hit chorus out and you're like, don't mess it up. Ye figured after down the hatches, nobody's going to lunch, nobody's leaving early, Like yeah, we're up.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: All we got to do is not mess this up? What uh, what's next for you? What is twenty twenty five hold for George Burge?
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty five is gonna be awesome. We're gonna go out and do some headlining stuff, which would be cool to see my name at the top of the bill for the first time. We're gonna be doing a bunch of big has a bunch of big festivals, so get to do Stagecoach for the first time.
Speaker 2: We're doing.
Speaker 4: We're going out and to do some days with my buddy Delan Scott, which would be a blast. Me and him got to be fast friends and so that should be a really good time. And then some major touring stuff that has have been announced yet that it might be so yeah, it's uh, it's gonna be really really good. A lot of new music in the works. We're getting in the studio to cut some stuff and then trying to be a good dad and a husband along the way.
Speaker 1: Man, that's great.
Speaker 2: Man, Well, congratulations on all your success. Thanks for coming out.
Speaker 1: That was important, that thing you had to say. But it's time of so.
Speaker 5: God.
Speaker 1: We got a little ditties, George, we got a little ditties.
Speaker 4: I love it, the transitions, the production value, and this is a tender little vocal on that.
Speaker 1: And it was that was important. What everything that you were saying? I was, I was, I was trying to interrupt you.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should write Maybe we should write new ones for the second this is the season two You're You're the first episode of season second episode of season two.
Speaker 1: For the God's Country Podcast. Who you Are? Maybe we should get back in the room and write some new ditties. Yeah, probably probably anywhere we do this, I think called the one that Got Away. It could be.
Speaker 3: A deer, a fish, a song, a golf tournament, a shot, a putt, anything that anything that got away from you.
Speaker 1: Does anything come to mind?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're talking about how I used to go fishing in the creek all the time with the kid, Yeah, with the homeless guy and stuff. And I had caught the biggest bass of my life on Lake Austin backyard eight pounder, and I wanted to let it go because I wanted it to, you know, continue to make other eight pounders. But I wanted to capture the moment.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 4: It was at the time of disposable cameras, and so I run upstairs and get my little sister. I put the bass on a stringer in the water. So I mean it's probably a half mile run to the house, get her, get the dig get the disposable camera, bring her back to the water. And this really hurt me, because I mean this is twenty years later. I still yeah, beautiful, this is what this is what we're looking for.
Speaker 1: It's hurting me.
Speaker 4: God, I feel like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Already, So here I am.
Speaker 4: You know a little what twelve year old me holding it eight pound bass, biggest.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, you did get to you did come. It was there when you got back. Oh I thought it was gonna be gone when you got back.
Speaker 4: I'm holding it up. Get my little sister to take a picture of it on the disposal camera. She wanted to be anywhere else besides taking a picture of me.
Speaker 1: Sure right, there's a homeless guy here. I gotta get out of here.
Speaker 4: It takes it. I was like, awesome, this is gonna be awesome. Week later we take it to get developed and the picture didn't turn out, and it was a it'll forever be my fishing story of the pretend eight pound bass I caught because.
Speaker 1: Nobody believes, you know, no proof, picture to prove no proof in the pudding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think I caught a bass half that big.
Speaker 2: Since yeah, eight pounds studs, that's a hog man' that's a six plus when you when you hit one of those, man.
Speaker 4: It's a lifetime. Yeah, we'll never know. The truth is it probably was a four pound back.
Speaker 1: I think that's right. It was nine, that's right. I think it was nine to five.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: I got to ask this before we do Gravorite.
Speaker 2: So being from Austin, Yeah, how do you feel before I say anything about the Blake Shelton song Austin.
Speaker 4: About somebody being named Austin.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because I don't know what the hell it is about.
Speaker 2: If you want to know the truth, I have a personal personal vendetta against this song, and I'm just wondering, do you love the song Austin?
Speaker 1: The melody is so good man, and that's pretty much. And that's kind of that's kind of all that matters, right, I can know that is not all that matter.
Speaker 4: No, because Tuesday night I'm bowling. Yeah, okay, But my point is, tell me what the song is about. I think in the time of answering machines, it's a guy that has hung up on a girl named Austin. And the thing this is Austin and still so does it have anything to do with the town. But this is Austin. Still, I think it's a girl named Austin. If this is Austin, I still love you.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: This is awesome, this is this is this is Austin. Look, what do you think? It's okay? What do you think? It's about a girl from Boston.
Speaker 4: I think it's.
Speaker 1: Her nickname Austin, he said, who's Austin?
Speaker 4: And ps? If this is Austin, I still love you. This is a guy in his fields. He's tore up. He don't want to talk to anybody about anything. He's getting through it, right, That's what I'm doing these days. He's going bowling, he's going fishing, going to the in the house by himself, in his house. But if that little ray of light Austin calls.
Speaker 1: I'll talk to you, but aren't they talking on the last call back in the.
Speaker 4: Day answering machine he's not going to answer. Oh, and then the big reveal at the end, Yeah, that's ain't the answering machine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is Austin and I still love you.
Speaker 2: So that sounds like he's Austin because he's leaving the he's the one on the answer machine to the girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, his name's shoot me in the face, dude, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Song not a great song. Yeah, you're mine. That's a minority. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Because we had mass confusion right then in this room from three different people on three different completely complete storylines. I'm not saying the song's not a hit. Songs obviously a hit. I'm just saying I don't know what the hell it's about. I can't figure it out. I'm a songwriter as long as I can remember, and when I look at the lyrics of that song, I get confused.
Speaker 4: Dash has got an Austin song for you.
Speaker 1: I'll check it out. It's probably it probably makes more sense.
Speaker 4: It is like the biggest song ever what we've done this before.
Speaker 1: But I'm ready. We literally had a segment on not believing what you read on it, and I'm not sure they can tell you, but I'll say. According to Wikipedia, the song tells of a woman him where he could be.
Speaker 4: It's not her name is at, but it's the town. She could be named Sarah, but she's named Austin.
Speaker 1: He called her Austin. That's your name? Perfect? All right, too long?
Speaker 4: Great song back in Austin. Huh, Amy's back in Austin.
Speaker 1: Indeed she is. Blake Shelton, We love you. Come on this podcast. Yeah, I would just he don't know either. It don't matter. Come to see his career, all right. Gravery for you, George Gravey.
Speaker 2: We we used to do greatest or favorite, and then we just put them together because it was, uh, those two like intimidated people.
Speaker 1: So gravorite tune for you.
Speaker 4: I think a song that gets me Jones in for a cold beer and a cigarette real bad would probably be party crowd David Lee Murphy. I think that's a good spot for it.
Speaker 1: How's it go?
Speaker 4: She couldn't keep from crying. She to me, good bad, No, it was again her.
Speaker 5: She was breaking man's for the siga, her feelings and the Sigma my proud.
Speaker 4: I told her Tom not to worry about me.
Speaker 5: Yeam sitting soaking over and knee all like miss Mareene looking for some company. And now I'm looking for a party. Crap slamming in the back and laughing out loud. We had a small salty the Blues Cane and where the Jude bags jumping and I get just don't care every dancing over here and fighting over there. I'm making rants, looking for a party, crying bus.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna start coming to Jazz and the Blackbird. Hey dude, thanks for coming to hang out with fun. Come back when you come back.
Speaker 4: I would do this any day.
Speaker 1: We love to see a show too. Sometimes I'd love to come see you.
Speaker 4: Come out on the road. Man. We got a couple of on the bus. Let's let's go.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that, but I will come changing it ain't anymore, y'all. Check it out. It won't be long.
Speaker 3: Check out where George is gonna be on the road. Go see and play. The guy's a killer.
Speaker 1: Thanks for thanks for hanging out in God's country with us today.
Speaker 4: So much fun.
Speaker 1: Guy, come back. Appreciate y'all. Peace, Appreciate you