Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the big game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in episode one eight four What's right with Nick Wright? Get right into it today. We had an awesome Week five in the nfls back to back weeks with a London game, so back to back weeks of like fourteen straight hours of football that we need to get to. We will start, of course, as we always do, with what missed. Justin Jefferson, the best wide receiver in the league, headed to ir which could cause a sell off in Minnesota. You wonder if Danelle Hunter, You wonder if Marcus Davenport, You wonder if Kirk Cousins all could be available. Miami does not kneel down, blows the game just indefensible by the Miami Hurricanes. My pal Mike Ryan and the Levatard Show still reeling about that. And then there is this theory from Demanse, who's now on screen, Demanse's lava shark theory, which was this to Demonse, I didn't put this in the show. I'm just letting you know. They put it in there. Underwater volcano erupted and is releasing mutated sharks that adapted to a very hot, acidic water. And then Matt Ford tried to kind of, you know, cut the mood in the room with a gambling question. Then Demanse said, the lava sharks shark tend to agree. We also have a NASA tweet about this very thing. You've heard of, sharknado. Now get ready for shark cano. The Kavachi volcano in the Solomon Island is home to two species of sharks. It's also the most active submarine volcanoes in the Pacific. Scene here erupting underwater. So Demon's i'ven't really followed up on this story. Can you explain this to me if you don't mind?
Speaker 3: Uh, yeah, I mean, there's just a volcano in the Solomon Islands that erupt it. It erupts apparently like all the time. And they've got a couple species of starks over there. It's like Hammerhead and I don't know what the other one is. But apparently the latest eruption has caused them to be freed, and I think they're about to start branching out, taking their talents to other spots.
Speaker 2: What do you mean freed? They were trapped? Where were they trapped?
Speaker 3: That's what it seemed like. They were like kind of the volcano apparently opened something up and they're coming up out of it. This is like the exact plot to a movie that I've seen, but it's actually happening.
Speaker 2: Like I'm not okay, listens, folks. I think folks might be right now chuckling a bit, you know at Demanse. Let me tell you something. I don't know anyone that knows more about animals, like random facts about animals than Demanse. We were at, uh, this thing in New York City. I forget what it's called. It's like, it's not the Westminster Dog Show, but I think it's in conjunction with that. The American Kennel Club meet the breeds where at the Javid Center there were like a thousand different dog breeds, one or two of each breed that you could come through and meet. And Demanse went with me and his baby sister Deanna, and there was this person who had some type of Doberman.
Speaker 3: It was it was it was it was an American Doberman, is what she said. I thought it was a European Doberman.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, no, exactly right. And then and the lady was like, no, no, there's no such thing as European Doberman's or American Doberman's. They've been lying to you, Babba, And Demanse is so hard to.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: And Demansee just straight googled it and checked her, like, actually, you're wrong, that's not true. Now he didn't say that to her, he said it to me after, but he knew she was wrong. So I say all that to say this. If Demanse's saying that, you know, a few generations from now, we're gonna have some evolved sharks that can deal with super hot oceans that we're about to have to deal with because of climate change, I'd listen to them. I would adjust your scuba diving plans accordingly, all right, that's enough nonsense to start today's show. What are we starting with Demanse?
Speaker 3: We are starting with my guy Brock Perdy in the forty nine ers, they obviously steamroll Dallas, steam roll Dallas on Sunday. Of course, you're waiting for him to win the Super Bowl to give him his props. So what is it gonna take for you to start believing in party? I actually think that you said something about if he won this game in Dallas, we were gonna come back and like Bookmark or something, Bookmark something something like that took along those lines.
Speaker 2: So two separate things. Will I give brock Purty credit for what he did Sunday? Absolutely, unequivocally, yes, I will. I wanted to see him against a very good defense. And I'm not gonna do the sports media thing where I now act like, well, Dallas's defense isn't that good. That's unfair. I thought going now, going into the year, I thought Dallas had the best defense in the NFL, the number one defense. I don't think that anymore, partially because of the digs injury, but that is they obviously have a good to very good to at times great defense, and he carved them up. The other thing I said I wanted to see was him make more tight window, high level throws, and he made four of those, at least four of them. Sunday night. I asked everybody to go to you know, to keep the running log wows and yikes. I counted five wows and one yikes. So I am going to be fair in evaluating his performance on Sunday. I thought he was excellent. Okay, Now the next question you asked, or the other question you asked, is what will it take for me to believe he's the real deal? What will it take for me to believe that he is not the obvious weakest link of the team. More So, I will give him credit for Sunday. But am I now going to say I'm a full fledged rock purty Believe I'm not? That would be lying. So listen, you guys can get people can get upset with me, but they can't say I'm being dishonest. I am giving him credit for Sunday while also saying I still have my skepticism. I still have my skepticism that the other shoe is not gonna drop.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, de manse, Who's got the best defense outside of the Niners.
Speaker 2: You think, well, I think I think Cleveland has a case they might have the best defense in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, they go if they obviously just played Dallas, which is a high level defense, and now they're gonna play Cleveland next. So so it's another chance to sponse.
Speaker 2: It's San Francisco at Cleveland. Have you looked at the lines for this week?
Speaker 3: No, but it's probably what.
Speaker 2: Do you think the line is?
Speaker 3: Uh, San Francisco at Cleveland, san Francisco minus four and a half? Maybe?
Speaker 2: All right, you nailed that. That is a great job by you. That is so before before Sunday Night football, it was San Francis before that game kicked off. So at eight pm Sunday, it was San Francisco minus two and a half and you looked at that and you were like, huh, they're only laying two and a half points. Now. They were so dominant on Sunday Night Football that by yesterday morning it was San Francisco minus four and I believe at this point it's minus four and a half, and in fact it's now moved to minus five. But it was two and a half Sunday night and now it's minus five. Here is so two notes on that. One is the NFL this year. I said this going into Bill's Jags is four for four on the hot team getting humbled week one. Or you could even argue five for five if we want to declude the Chiefs losing in week one, but that's but take that out. The team of the week Week one was the Lions for beating the Chiefs. They then go home and lose to Seattle. The team of the week for week two was the Cowboys for two thoroughly dominating victories forty to nothing in thirty to ten. They then lose to Arizona. The team of the Week Week three was Miami for scoring seventy points in a football game. They then get blown out by Buffalo. The team of the Week Week four was Buffalo for beating Miami. They then go to London and get thoroughly dominated a game that was not as close as the score indicated by Jacksonville. Who's the team of the week right now, Demanse, that'd be the Niners. Careful now, careful America. So that's a kind of a bigger point, that's not really a rock party point. But the Brown coming off a bye that the Niners, coming off the emotional high of we beat Dallas, we asserted ourselves. Now all of a suddenly they gotta go and they really wanted to beat Dallas. Now they have to go cross country one o'clock game, not nationally televised, out of conference, one of their quote less important games of the year, against a rested, excellent defense. And to Shaun Watson, who gave himself two by weeks because he wasn't feeling quite up to it last week, that could be a trap spot. And so listen the pretty stuff. People keep asking me a version of this question, would my feeling of on brock Purty be different if he were a first round pick? And the answer to that question is obviously yes, But it is not just because Okay, so you're saying he could be the exact same player and if he was the first round pick kind of, but not really, because if he were a first round pick, it would also mean he was a better collegiate player. He has a longer track record of high level success. And this player he's turned into, this guy who never makes mistakes, is simply not who he was at Iowa State. He had at Iowa state a couple of the most cartoonish mistakes you've ever seen. Did you you saw that clip going around the internet this week Demanse where he did the Deshaun Watson throw it backwards against I think TCU and the one where his paskets batted down and then he bats it forward. I mean, it's the same guy. And let me say one other thing about Rock Party that I don't think is unfair. Every time I watch last night included Jimmy Garoppolo Go be Terrible. I am more skeptical of Rock Party because while we didn't see Jimmy, hold on, you're shaking your head. But let me let me ask. Let's set this situation. Okay, let's say Demanse that I'm trying to find. All right, I'm gonna use a totally unfair analogy. I'm saying this on the front end. Okay, Let's say this podcast were one of the five most popular in the world, and there were people arguing that, you know, Demanse's the key to this, Demanse's Demanse is the reason for it. And there were other people than arguing that, No, I think it's I think it's nick. I think it's Nick, and that was a big debate, and then you left and you got replaced by literally a random person. You got replaced by Daniel the Nuggets fan, who produces the show, and the show actually started to do a little bit better. And you started your own podcast and it failed miserably, and then all of a sudden, people were like, you know what, I think Daniel's the greatest podcast for ever. And someone's like, hold on a second. The common denominator's been Nick and demons, we can see him. He's failing terribly. And then people were like, nope, Daniel the Nuggets Fan is the greatest pod is you know what game? He might be the next Joe Rogan. And it's like and there I think they were. Now conversely, let's say that exact same thing happened, but when you went on to do your pod it also was a massive success. People then I think would start to question, like, oh, maybe they did find another diamond in the rough and Daniel. And so people can say it's unfair that my opinion of Brock Purdy is impacted by how Jimmy Garoppolo does. But when I had this same argument about Jimmy Garoppolo for years He then leaves the cocoon of Kyle Shanahan and immediately leads the NFL on interceptions and looks terrible immediately with Davante Adams and his former offensive coordinator as his head coach, it makes me a little more skeptical. Now, is that fair to purty? I don't know. It's just honest. And I'm gonna say one other thing on this.
Speaker 3: I think you started be fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I wanted to be fair. I'm trying to be fair and honest, and at times they seem to be in common. Yes, yeah, exactly. I want to say one other thing. I am going to lose my mind if people actually start to make the argument brock Parties the MVP of the league, I'm gonna go crazy. That's that should be a bridge too far. Like I have come a decent amount of ways I have come from. I don't think the guy's any good. Two. I'm open to the possibility you could be good. I need some of the other folks to not all of a sudden make the argument that a guy who if the Niners. This is how I know he's not the m v P of the league. Here's how I know it. If the Niners demands a disbanded. If they were like the Niners, you get the team death penalty.
Speaker 3: All your players, nobody's going.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not saying nobody's gonna pick him up, but I'm saying seven of his No, what I'm saying is seven of his teammates get drafted first. I'm simply asking that can we can we not have a guy named the most valuable player in the NFL if no one thinks he's the best or second or third or fourth best player on his own team. That's all I'm asking.
Speaker 3: And that's you there. Are you a little afraid that this take will go into your comically wrong category instead? Because it's been a few weeks and it's not right yet, and it's definitely eventually.
Speaker 2: I guess we got it's on the board. It is on the board that we go back and play this when brock Perty's career record is thirty seven and three and he's won a Super Bowl, like now the ultimate karmik. If people are rooting against me, the way this story is supposed to end is with Brock Purty outdueling Patrick Mahomes in the Super Bowl. That's That's the way it sounds like a heartache. This story is supposed to.
Speaker 3: Talk about never a doubt. That'd be hilarious, dude.
Speaker 2: If the Niners are the team that goes undefeated. If the Niners of the team that goes undefeated and then they beat the Chiefs. But so I am, I'm trying not to be a hater. I'm also trying to be honest. All right, next, all right, by the way, hold im sorry, Tomanse, Sorry, I meant to I tell the audience please don't forget. You can put your questions in the YouTube comments and we'll get to them in the sea block. I've been forgetting to tell people that, and so the So if you guys want to ask questions to me or Demanse, who looks great today, By the way, you can put those questions in the sea block, or you can put those questions in the chat. Now we'll get to them in the sea block.
Speaker 3: All right, go ahead, all right, So I'm gonna add, do you still think that the Cowboys can win the Super Bowl? Or like, are you abandoning that or how do we because I mean it's in the rundown and I just don't know if that's still your your thought process. O, yes, if it's not.
Speaker 2: So, I never picked them to win the Super Bowl. I picked them to get to the Super Bowl. And this is where I remind everyone that it's very early. It is very early and week five. Massive things change over the course of the year, and I think crossing the Cowboys out would be foolish. With that said, I am less confident about them right now than at any point. And I didn't even really care about the Arizona loss. And I think people thought, oh, Nick, is you know, just trying to make excuses. No, I've just watched the NFL for too long, too closely to overreact to a team that I thought was great, overlooking a crummy opponent and just getting got Last year, everybody tried to convince me that the Chiefs loss to the Colts was some something major. When I knew it wasn't, I was like, no, I've seen I saw the Bucks lose in Week four, the year they won the Super Bowl to the Chicago Bears. The Chiefs lose to the Colts. I see, you know, the the good team overlooking bad team. Bad team gets off to a good start, ball starts rolling downhill. We see that all the time. In this league, So I didn't care so much about that loss. And had they played a good game against the Niners but lost, even though they would be behind the eight ball from a seating perspective and a record perspective, I could be like, all right, you know what I mean, you can not that big of a deal the Niners that I've watched, obviously every Cowboys game this year, the gap that we saw demonse between the Cowboys and the Jets in that Week two game looked like the gap that we saw between the Niners and the Cowboys. That's horrifying. And it wasn't like, oh, they muffed a punt like I'll go back to that Chiefs Colts game, that Chiefs Colts game from Week three last year. The Chiefs muff upon they then have another fumble, They end the game on a sack and there's a roughing the passer call. The Colts hit up not a quite hail Mary, but kind of a hail Mary. They go for the winning said. It was a lot of like weird stuff that happened. The Niners just bullied the damn Cowboys, and Dak looked totally out of sorts. McCarthy did so many vintage bad McCarthy things that you're worried he's going to do come the postseason, and Tony Pollard could get nothing going. There was no phase of the game where the Cowboys looked like they were in the Niners league. Now, I go back to long season and things can evolve as the year goes on. And I will also be fair in this regard. Had the Cowboys won, everyone would be saying, well, good for them, but prove you can do it in the playoffs, because they've lost the Niners in the playoffs back to back years. But it is concerning that the Niners, that Dak has not played well against this version of the Niners. Ever, that the Niners mollywopped them the way they did, pardon me, all of that is greatly concerning. I also will say this, I don't think the NFC is a two team race. I think it's a five team race. I think the Niners and Eagles have earned the benefit of the doubt to be considered the cream of the crop. They were both excellent last year, they're both undefeated this year. But I think Detroit and Seattle are also viable contenders. And then there's Dallas, right now this moment that five team race, Dallas is in last place, not just by record, but by eye test. Dallas doesn't. So all the other teams like Philly doesn't necessarily have a marquee win, but they're undefeated. The Niners have a marquee win over Dallas. Seattle's got a marque win over Detroit. Detroit's got a marque win over Kansas City. Dallas's three wins have come against the three worst offenses in football, Daniel Jones, Zach Wilson, and Mac Jones. And so there are real concerns for the Dallas Cowboys right now. I'm not writing them off, but through five weeks, it's wildly disappointing.
Speaker 4: Next.
Speaker 3: All right, so last week you said that the Bengals were cooked. That was one of your takes that you planted your flag on. Actually, the offenses showing signs of life. I warned you about this. Actually, well, the rest of the AFC North and shambles. Are you ready to be back in on Sin Seattle? I don't know if everything's in shambles over there, but the Chancer, Well.
Speaker 2: The tough game for your Ravens, let's be honest, tough game. Yeah, tough game, but no business losing that game. And of course when I abandon the Steelers as after picking them each week, they win as five point dogs.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: No, I think the Bengals are still cooked, and here's why the Ravens are going to bounce back and go beat Tennessee. I believe Cincinnati is going to lose at home this week to Seattle. A Seattle team that had been dealing with injuries is getting guys back now, has is coming off a bye, has two awesome corners in Weatherspoon and Wrek Woolen. Higgins is dinged up with the Ribs, so they'll be I think that if any team is set up to be able to handle Jamar Chase, it's a team with two number one corners. You can put one on him and still double him. And so all of a sudden, I think after Sunday Cincinnati is gonna be two and four, with their next two games being the Niners in the Bills. So no, I think the and I where I will give Cincinnati credit is Joe did look better this week and the numbers were far better, but he's still it's he can't because of that calf. He's not throwing the ball well down the field. He had the one bomb to chase, but aside front he was one for four of balls traveling more than fifteen yards through the air. He doesn't quite look right, So no, I don't. Cincinnati has so they're one in I'm sorry, two and three, so they have twelve games remaining. Here are some of those games. Home for Seattle at the Niners, home for the Bills at the Ravens, two against Pittsburgh home one road at the Chiefs, and in the final week of the year home for the Browns. And the Browns always beat them. Their only quote easy unquote games left are the Texans, who are frisky, the Colts, and the Vikings. So let's say they win all three of those easy games, and that's five wins. You gotta find another five wins, probably, I think that's tough, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, all right, the Patriots have been blown out seventy two to three in the last couple of games. Mac Jones has gotten benched in back to back games as well. Do you think the Patriots are the New Jets of the NFL?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know the New Jets, but I do think they have the least talented roster. These talented offense in the league by far, they're so boring, They're poorly coached. There's it has been an institutional failure by Belichick on talent acquisition and evaluation. And mac Jones is terrible. And I was the I It is not the same as the Purty thing, I promise you. But I had to listen mac Jones's rookie year to people telling me, Nick, you won't give him credit? What more do you want him to do? Look at his numbers versus Trevor Lawrence's why won't you acknowledge you were wrong about him? And I said, no, I will not. Now, obviously Purty is better than Mac. I'm not denying that, But what I will say is this, Honestly, if mac Jones were the quarterback of the Niners, I think they're five and zero. I don't think their records different, do you? I don't think you do. I don't think that. I And also remember Kyle Shannan reportedly wanted to draft mac Jones when they ended up drafting Trey Lance. So I'm not I do think the Patriots would be better with Brock Perdy than mac Jones, obviously, but I don't think the Niners record would be worse with mac Jones. Now, how the how they look all the least one loss? What game could they have lost? They they've they've been blowing people out. I mean, it's gonna be hard to find the law they won forty two to ten.
Speaker 3: They lost that Ram game. They could have lost that Rams game.
Speaker 2: Maybe the RAM but did I mean, it's hard to find in that Rams game. By the way, though, Purdy was seventeen of twenty five for two hundred yards, no touchdown, Like that was maybe his worst game of the year. So I don't know. The Patriots stink is the long and short of it. And Belichick's not gonna get Shula's record in New England. That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, a little conspiracy theory here. Do you think Belichick is keeping mac Jones in on purpose to tank so he can get Caleb Williams and like strategically taking him out as if he's a little pissed off, you know, to make it seem a little bit more believable.
Speaker 2: Here is the thing that is interesting about that. I don't think that's the case, because if they were to get the number one pick. I don't think Kraft would let Belichick stay on as coach so he'd be getting Caleb Williams for the next team or for the next coach. Pardon me, but I am now to the point with some of these teams that thought they were playoff contenders this year in the AFC that I am now rooting for them to win games because I don't want them to be able to get Caleb. Like last night, I was watching Raiders Packers, and traditionally, if you're a Chiefs fan and you have a team in your division playing a team in the NFC, you're rooting for the NFC team, you know what I mean, to make your path to a divisional title easier. I was rooting like crazy for the Raiders last night because I need them to stack a few wins. I am now legit worried that the Broncos are getting up with Caleb Williams. For real, They're so bad and so like the Chiefs play the Broncos twice in the next sixteen or in the next twenty days, I am I am or less than that. What in the next three weeks? I am upset that the Chiefs don't have a late late season game against Denver when the Chiefs have everything locked up that they can just throw it to make sure Denver doesn't get Caleb Williams. Because I'm looking at Denver's schedule the rest of the way and I'm trying to so like, I really need the Packers to keep helping out the AFC West by losing to these AFC West teams. Because Denver goes at KC home for the Packers, home for KC, Like, I need Denver to win that Packers game. They have a game against the Vikings. I need them to win because they don't have a lot of wins left on the schedule. New England. They have the Jets again. Belichick always beats the Jets. They're at the Raiders this week, the Raiders on a short week. Maybe they can win that. They have the Commanders and Colts at home or no, the Colts games in Germany or something. Every every game. They're so pathetic, man, And if they end up with Caleb Williams, I'm gonna be so upset. I am just dead set on the Panthers continuing to be awful because that pick goes to Chicago and then Caleb's in the NFC. A sneaky team that's still viable for the number one pick is the Cardinals. Like they've been pardon me, in a lot of these games, but their only win is against Dallas and they are the Cardinals. Next four is at the Rams, at the Seahawks home for the Ravens at the Browns. So the Cardinals all of a sudden could be one to eight and right there in the Caleb Williams pole position, as was the plan. But I do not need and the NFL doesn't need Caleb in the AFC because if we're by the way, this quarterback class, Bryce looks like the worst of them. Who could have seen that coming? Guys, your sister's height and crowd looks awesome, and is shroud looks awesome and he's in the afcree and he looks great.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: All right, Remember you guys can put in your questions in the chat, take quick break, come back, what's right?
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblast, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast, including Duel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back in What's Right with the Right Episode one eighty four. Don't forget to put your questions in the chat. We'll get to them shortly. Demon's what are we doing now before we play?
Speaker 3: Right in? On Thursday's pod? You were last Thursday's pod. You channeled your intern Nixtra Damis and called the Jags upset over the Bills. What was the bigger win for you? The Bills blowing it in front of the whole world or Trevor locking up the title for best international player in NFL history?
Speaker 2: Well, the Prince that was promised? What is the best international player in history? That's not even debatable. But by the way, did you see what? Before I even answer this question, did you see what Ben Solak, who I like a lot, great podcaster, great writer for The Ringer, what he wrote about Brock Purty, No, I'm gonna read it to you. Good things, Okay.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: Well, so here's the thing, because he was talking about the fact that the Niners are now the fifth team in the last twenty years to score thirty plus in every in each of their first five games of the year, and the other four teams quarterbacked by Pate and Manning and Tom Brady, and all four of those teams, by the way, made the Super Bowl. They all lost in the Super Bowl. By the way, this is what he wrote. The very fact that Peyton, Manning and Tom Brady before him failed, meaning lost Super Bowl, makes me feel all the more certain that Purdy is the chosen one, the boy who lived, Chris SATs Hot Rock, the Prince that was promised. Oh that about Brock Perdy, Ben Solak, you're unnoticed. Somebody send this to Ben him. If you go, if you type in Trevor Lawrence Football Reference and you click there. When you go there, you know what it says, right next to his glowing, beautiful blonde locks and the name William Trevor Lawrence. It then says, in parentheses, the Prince who was promised on his official Pro Football reference page to call brock Purty that Benjamin is an outrage and it will not stand. Now to your question, we saw that Jags wind coming, see that coming from a mile away, and everybody thinks I'm some massive hater on the Buffalo bills, when all I am is a truth teller that you can set your watch to it. That as when things are going great, they are going to all of a sudden spit the bit and people have the audacity to blame it on the jet lag. Now I said, I did think Jacksonville was gonna have an edge in that category, waiting to say, what.
Speaker 3: Do you mean, what do you mean? They gave that they they blamed it on the trap. Isn't the travel the main thing You're always saying it's like a big factory.
Speaker 2: It is a big factor, of course, and grown up teams, teams that have a level of consistency and emotional maturity, they either understand how to deal with it or they don't fly to London on Friday. Why did you do that? Why did you fly there on Friday for a Sunday morning game. Now here's the other thing that the conversation no one wants to have last sixteen games demonse playoffs and included if you're a quarterback wins person. Trevor's record the last sixteen eleven and five. Leave demonse on the screen, please Josh's record eleven and five. And by the way, Trevor in the last sixteen has had to play Kansas City three times, zero to three against the Chiefs, eleven and two against everyone else. That's true. Last sixteen games. Trevor completing sixty eight percent of his passes, Josh sixty five percent last sixteen games, so since November first to right now Trevor two hundred and fifty yards per game passing, Josh two hundred and fifty five yards per game passing check mark Josh barely last sixteen games. Trevor twenty five touchdowns to nine interceptions, a nearly three to one touchdown interception ratio. Josh thirty touchdowns to sixteen interceptions are worse than two to one touchdown interception ratio. Last sixteen games. Trevor a ninety six passer rating, Josh a ninety three passer rating. We ready to have the conversation yet or no? Everybody let me know when we can listen. Perties has got everybody beat over the last twelve games. Whatever, his career is eleven games. If we tell me when we're ready to have the conversation about who is actually because his anyone gonna argue, Oh, Trevor's got more weapons. No, Trevor's Calvin Ridley now for the last five games, didn't before Josh had Stefan Diggs's whole time. Stefan Diggs, by the way, who gave Trevor quite the hug at the end of the game, might have whispered in a zer get me out of here, bro, come on, bring me down to that warm weather. I don't know. All I'm saying is now, what do I think this week? I think Josh will look phenomenal this week and everyone will once again. Here's the thing about the Bills, the September champs. They're a half game up on the Jets.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: A half game up on the Jets. The Jets are two and three, having beaten the Bills. The Bills are three and two. The Bills, the team everyone said, oh Nick you're afraid of right now, are in seventh place in the AFC. Seventh Now when they're rolling, they look unbelievable, But but they are not a consistent team because they do not have a consistent quarterback. He's great when he's great, and in this London game, twice Diggs was wide open deep down the field. The first time Josh underthrew him and they connected, but they ended up getting zero points on what would have been a touchdown. The zero points on that drive, and the second time it got picked off. Both times he was open and he missed him. And while Josh's numbers for the game look good, the Bills had seven points with four and a half minutes left in this football game. Those are just the facts, ladies and gentlemen. We can and I are the you know, we can move on now. But I expect the Bills to be awesome this week. I do. But one other thing for the Bills, in all seriousness, the Milano injuries brutal. They've now lost Trey White and Matt Malone for the season. They also lost a critical d tackle, maybe not for the season, but for at least a month or so. The injuries are piling up for Buffalo, which sucks, but it's has not been a great opening quarter of the season for them. All right, next, all right, ladies and gentlemen, it's time for writ ends. We're gonna we haven't done this in a while. Uh you right in the answer, I'm gonna read the question. We're gonna put the put the answer on the paper if you guys don't know what except I'm not actually writing because I didn't bring the whiteboard today. So that's my best. I'm just gonna say it.
Speaker 3: Monday. That football. So Packers fans were not too thrilled with Jordan Love after his three interception game, including the game seiler. The Packers ceiling with Jordan Love is blank right now.
Speaker 2: I mean not as high as I thought. I thought they could win the division. He's been brutal on any passes going down the field more than five yards, so I mean probably nine wins. I do though. We don't have to write in for this one, and you can demonse. You can go ahead and say what your answer is. You can show it. What did you write for your answer?
Speaker 3: I think it's like a it looks like MEO. But that looks like MEO.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine, don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it's super high. I don't think it's super low. I think it's like a mid rise of ceiling.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I think that's right.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: The most outrageous part of that game was the field goal Josh McDaniels kicked. And I cannot abide this anymore with these coaches. I listen, some of these things that we see from NFL coaches that people just accept would be, honestly, as if a third of the starting quarterbacks in the league just occasionally took the snap and ran backwards fifteen yards and then took a knee, and they were like, oh, well, what are you gonna do? I mean, he just forgot what his job was. Randomly, Okay, with two minutes left in this football game and the Raiders up four, Josh McDaniel had a fourth and one from the thirty five yard line. He then that is a choice. That is not a choice. Here is why that was so galling. Demonse. If the odds of picking up the fourth and one are about the same as Carlson making a fifty two yard field goal, according to the numbers people, they're both about sixty percent. I argue that's understating the Raiders' chances of picking up the fourth and one, But regardless, so kick a field goal, go for it on fourth down, your success, according to the numbers, is equal. But the result is one wins you the ficking game, and the other you're just up seven with two minutes left. So okay, Demonse, you get it. I couldn't believe it. You have two choices, your odds of succeeding are identical. One wins you the game. The other might win you the game, might not. And he went with that one. It's so indefensible, it's so bad. It's just and I don't understand how some of these coaches are so bad at this stuff. You just you can't. If you maybe you could make the argument if they were up six, that there was a reason to do it, because then the field goal or the first down win you the game. Same thing, right, but up for making the field goal wins you nothing. It just means the Packers get the ball back down seven with two minutes left. Why the first down you're taking knees unless you're Mario Crystal next.
Speaker 3: All right, So Kelsey went down with a non contact injury early in the game, looked like he could be done for a really long time, but he came back and scored a touchdown. Your honest reaction to the Kelsey injury.
Speaker 2: Honestly, and I can prove it to you. I Nope. My honest reaction was I bet the Chief's huge minus two and a half. Because here's why I thought. I thought Romo and Nance more Romo than Nance. And everyone watching on Twitter was just dead wrong on it. Everybody seemed to be implying or talking around that it was an achilles, but it, to me so clearly was not. First of all, he walked off the field, he walked himself to the locker room. Second of all, you saw him turn his ankle. And here is the thing people don't understand about the two different ankle sprains, high ankle sprain, which is devastating, and a regular ankle sprain. The regular ankle sprain is the one you suffer playing basketball all the time. That's when you're the outside of your foot goes under. I wish I could, can I show it. That's this this movement, like you know what I mean, when you're playing basketball and you turn your ankle, that's the Did I say that's the high ankle sprain? If I did, I saw about that's the low correct a right good, that's the regular ankle sprain. That's the one that every athlete has suffered hundreds of times. You tape it up and you move on. The devastating one, the one that Mahomes suffered, the one that can knock you out for a month, is the opposite. That's when the inside of your foot goes. I can't I'm not flexible enough. But that's where the inside of your foot goes towards the ground. And that is actual, like a lower leg injury. So you saw the type of ankle sprain. It was from Kelsey because everybody, the the sports medicine guys, the doctors that watched the games, like David Chow all those guys said inversion ankle sprain, tape it up and play. Everyone else was like, oh my god, Achilles, oh the turf, all these things. He reached for his ankle, all this nonsense. And so because of that, the Chiefs at halftime were only minus two and a half. So I wasn't worried. Maybe I should have been. Now, was I one hundred percent company Who's gonna come back in the game? No, But I I I liked the Chiefs in that spot even without Kelsey, and I thought he was gonna be fine. Because the guy suffered a hyper extended knee in the preseason. They're acting like he has him in one of the most durable tight ends in NFL history. So I wasn't that concerned. And go ahead.
Speaker 3: It looked like there's a little bug coming on a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, he's turned his ankle. He missed one drive. He was fine, He's fine, Chiefs are fine. Next. I bet he did check the tape. I bet he did turn his ankle last year. Go ahead, nat.
Speaker 3: Heck he got the last laugh as the Jets beat the Broncos and Sean Payton. But the Jets treated a game against a one wins team as their Super Bowl and made fun of Peyton on Twitter. The more embarrassing team is, dude.
Speaker 2: Oh the Broncos. Yeah, of course, this isn't even the question. The Bronco demanse. The Broncos have given up in the last four weeks eight hundred and seventy seven yards rushing in four games. They're giving up one hundred. They're giving up two hundred and twenty yards per game on the ground. They allowed the Jets to run for one fifty in the second half. I I the the Broncos are gotta be a total teardown, total teardown.
Speaker 3: It's dude, Sean Payton, man, that's uh, that's crazy like that Hackett got fired. If I'm not mistaken, he got fired what two games before the season ended last year? Yeah, Sean Payton was on He's on record obviously saying that it was the worst coaching job ever. Well, he's on pace to do a little bit less than way worse.
Speaker 2: He's on worse. The Broncos last year started two and three and of the three losses, one was by nine points, one was by one point, one was in overtime. The Broncos this year are one and four and have gotten enrolled in a couple of these games. They're allowing thirty six point thirty two points per game. It's pathetic.
Speaker 3: All right, next, all right, you called for the touch supposed to be banned before everybody else. It's only gotten worse since other teams have suffered injuries trying it, and even Aaron Donald isn't able to stop it. Without the touch push, the equals record would be.
Speaker 2: Well, they'd have a loss or two. I mean, listen, it is the the fact that no one else can do it makes it actually less likely that the NFL bans it. Uh and what do you think their record would beat them? ONSEA, you can put it up. Sorry, I forgot was supposed to right? Oh no, it wouldn't be the fact that they're just unstoppable on when it's third or fourth, third and one or fourth and one. It also opens up the play calling entirely. I don't want to I find the play to be.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you're jumping back on it a little bit, though, like you sound a little defeated, and you sound like it's like it's a thing.
Speaker 2: I'd hear that. But I do think again, I always just try to be fair. I do think the fact that other teams don't execute it well and they're not they're not successful with it is a mark in the Eagles favor that it's not this unstoppable play. We have just made it unstoppable. My argument against against well, no, it doesn't screw my argument, but I think it. I think it makes the Eagles argument stronger. My argument against it is it's just terrible, it's just ugly. It's just I Also, my other argument against it is I think they're gonna get somebody Hurt. If I were jailing Hurts, I'd be like, all right, guys, can we like just save this? Can we run normal offense? We know we have this thing. Can we maybe not do it in the first quarter of a against the Rams. Can we like try to save it for like late in the year or the playoffs? Because and I understand people are like, oh, you can squat six hundred pounds. I get it. But the their center is a Hall of Famer Jason Kelsey. He was considered he's old, he was considering retirement, and it just feels like you're you're kind of flirting with a lot of danger here. Now, I will say one other thing about this play. Their left guard is false starting every time every time he's firing off before, and that if they are gonna have this play that's so unstoppable, the reps need to make sure that they're not getting an even further edge on it. But I just if I were jailing Hurts, I would be I don't know which is not embarrassed, but embarrassed is not I joked about. But that's the that's well, that's the thing. It it does. There's a level of Now they did just pay him so it's not like the you know, he has that part of risk, but it would be preserve me a little bit. We know we're not gonna all of a sudden get bad at this.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Wild's had a great take on this, a great take which was that in a game the Eagles are blowing someone out, they should do it a couple of times and intentionally fail. So the NFL doesn't ban it, that they should make it appear like that. They should make it appear like it can be stopped.
Speaker 3: All right, next, uh So, Mike Miami's Miami has statistically been the best offense to start the season ever, to start a season ever, as we know. When asked about it, Mike McDaniel said, our whole goal of this entire offseason was statistically statistical output through five games. You would describe Mike McDaniel as, I think he's funny.
Speaker 2: I think he's quirky. I like him. I think he's cool. I saw him on with my buddy Ryan Clark on the pivot. Have you seen the watch he wears on the sideline. It's a brightling that probably cost not trying to pocket watch him, but I think it probably costs at least twenty five and maybe fifty grand. I think it's a solid gold. It's a statement piece. And Ryan Clark asked him about it, and he was like, oh, there's actually a great story here. He said, when I got the Dolphins job, in the first meeting, I told the guys, I'm going to go out today and do something incredibly reckless. And he went out and bought the most expensive watch he could find, and then he came back and he showed the team. He's like, all right, guys, there's a chance in a year, I look like a total idiot for this because I fail and I'm fired and I'm not making this type of money ever again. And I look and I and it's a day in you know what I mean, I bought something that is irresponsible. He's like, or we succeed and this doesn't you know what I mean? Is doesn't matter. And I just thought, I think there's a lot of really cool kind of I think it is tough for a guy. I want to make sure I'm right on this. I'm gonna check real quick. I don't think he played football at any type of high level. Okay, well, you know what. To his credit, he did play college football I didn't realize it, evidently, and this is so perfect. He was a wide receiver and guess where he's five to nine. The reason I anythinglayed football high levels because he's five to nine. But guess what demanse if you were to if I were to tell you, Okay, a guy played college football but he's actually a total nerd, where would you think he went to college where he played college football?
Speaker 3: What is the school? Maybe?
Speaker 2: Go ahead?
Speaker 3: What is it? It's definitely is it one of those army schools of the Armies?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not an army school, but in high league Yale. He played wide receiver at Yale and which is actually funnier than Harvard. But so I think he has a really cool way of finding ways to relate to his players. I think some of his sideline interaction stuff is like when I forget who it was. He was playing, oh, justin Fields last year and Fields kept running and he ended up on the sideline front of Mike McDaniel, and Mike McDaniel just says to him, stop it, man, Honestly, you got to stop it. You gotta stop it. When he said to Tua last year. I would was watching some of your high school tape last night you were you sucked, like, what was wrong with you? You were no good? I like him, I and I think he's super sharp. I think he's super sharp and fun. I like him a lot.
Speaker 3: The players I feel like really liking respect him as well.
Speaker 2: And that and I think that is tough. I think I think there is. I think when you're super young and you didn't play at a high level, I think earning the respect of your players is tough. And I think he's done that, all right. I don't I don't even really care about the George kittle T shirt. We can move on. Take quick break. Answer your questions in the chat next What's right? All right? Welcome back. In episode one eighty four, what's right with Nick? Wright t Bone says Sweet Kansity Monarch's jacket, Nick, thank you. This is a gift for my buddy slim Fest from the Church of l Aaslo in Kansas City. He sent me this a long time ago. I love this jacket, all right. Uh. Connor mcqueeney has a question for you to Monsey. He says, tell me an interesting fact about an animal. They's putting you on the spot. A random interesting animal factors just.
Speaker 3: Put me on the spot. Well, otters eat their babies and like they'll uh, they'll like they don't eat their own babies, but like some otters will kidnap other otters and like hold them for ransom, uh and like hide them from their moms. Yeah, dude, otters get down really dirty. Uh. They they eat there, they eat other people's young and they're like little families.
Speaker 2: Really like they eat baby seals. Do they eat baby they eat baby seals or like baby otters.
Speaker 3: They eat other baby otters like they'll no, I just.
Speaker 2: Googled it right when you said it, and they seems like they do some really bad things to seals too. Yeah right, Yeah that got dark pretty quick, all right, buddy, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Should have give it out. Ball pythons they the scales you can rub them both ways instead of.
Speaker 2: I actually knew that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's what I knew that. Like smooth all around.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, next, Cold Draper.
Speaker 3: My favorite Nick. My favorite Nick is coach consultant is Nick? My favorite Nick is coach consultant. Nick. Can we start an outreach program to help these guys that struggle with simple decision making?
Speaker 2: I listen and I'm not lying here. I've talked with Manginie about doing like one of those you know how a Keeme like charges fifty grand for people to come for a week and work on footwork worth them with kim Olajuan Yoda, You're about to be I can tell the look on your face. You're so disgusted with what I'm about to say here. But I've talked to coach Manginie about doing like an annual weekend seminar for NFL coaches where I'm like, guys, there are a few things that are just black and white that you just have to get right. I'll put them on a sheet of paper, we'll drill you on them. And I I am not that. Bill Simmons used to say this, and he's one hundred percent correct. If I owned an NFL team, one of my first steps of any head coach interview would be, all right, man, we're gonna play blackjack together for an hour for real money, and I need to see you play. I need to see if you can, in real time quickly understand the most basic dues and don'ts, because if you can, we can translate that to the some of these decisions If you can't, you can't be my head coach.
Speaker 3: All right, next, all right, Marc Is Bryant. Question, why is Nikopos to Chicago trading the number one pick? If Justin keeps ball, if Justin keeps bawling, generational type of haul?
Speaker 2: What would you trade Patrick Mahomes for nothing? And Caleb's Well, no, you wouldn't, Caleb. I'm not saying Caleb's Patrick. But what i I'm saying is that if you have the opportunity to draft here's the thing. If you have the opportunity to draft Caleb, and let's just say it's from the Panthers pick. Okay that let's say the Bears don't have a high enough pick. So let's just follow those decision trees. If Justin is mediocre, then it's an easy decision, he says. If Justin keeps bawling, if Justin keeps balling, then you should be able to get an awesome haul for Justin. Someone will give you a lot for Justin and you have your own pick, and then you draft Caleb with the Panthers pick. And even if Justin is so excellent that you're like, oh my god, he might be as good as Caleb, you start the rookie contract clock over. Like the thing with Justin is you've squandered these first three years, and so even if he ends up being awesome, you gotta pay him this offseason. And so there, if you have the number one pick, you must have Caleb Williams. You cannot trade it unless someone unless the Chiefs were off for you. Mahomes for it, and they're not going to, so you just can't.
Speaker 3: All right, next, Nico Dragonish, as you said on TV, the Chiefs are practicing while winning games. Do you think it's possible that Philly is doing the same, not showing their full force while making sure they still win.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do offensively. Defensively, I think they have some real problems on the back end. I don't think that's about practice. I think that's about personnel. But holy Jalen Carter's been unbelievable. Jalen Carter has been unbelievable. He's not been the best D tackle rookie. I mean he has been, but he's also just been one of the best D tackles and then being able to get them going to the Super Bowl and then getting Jalen Carter's just unbelievable. It's really unbelievable. All right.
Speaker 3: Next, Joe asked, did either of you catch the Wimby Chet battle. I saw the head but I did.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's the listen. I Wimby looked pretty good. Chet looked pretty good. I give him both credit. Here's what I find interesting about the head butt. So everybody put up the highlight of Wimby taking Chet to the whole. Chet retweeted it and wrote, He's got an unstoppable head butt for show. That's what he wrote. He then edited it to add to laughing emojis and a handshake emoji on the end of it. He had the first tweet, then he softened it with the laughing emojis and the handshake emoji. I liked the first tweet more. I didn't you know what, Chet, you didn't have to do this.
Speaker 3: More neutral, trying to be more neutral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like this is, you're gonna you gotta go up against this guy, right, you're kind too sweet these things.
Speaker 3: Take those emojis?
Speaker 2: Okay? All right?
Speaker 3: Last one, UH producer asked thoughts on NB playing for USA in the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Love it, We're in a role. Everyone listen nobody underestimate the power of Lebron. Y'all the Lebron says wait, go ahead, no.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, because she's like the Steph Curry interview where he he started to say, I've been talking to some and then I've been talking to people like they were saying that. He didn't want people to know that Lebron was really orchestrating at all. He didn't like that. I thought that was I don't know, because he started he definitely started to say, Bron, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just know that Lebron said I want to play. You know, Lebron's going to be going into forty years old, coming off his twenty first season in the league, and he's like, yeah, I want to play more basketball. I want to play in the Olympics and to have Durant and and embiid. I love it. I think it's so cool for a team USA. I think the whole thing's awesome. All right, this is a great show. Great job demands, great job all the producers. We will see you guys on Thursday. I'm gonna be on with Colin in about ninety minutes and then the TV show today at three mahomes Mountain at four o'clock. See you guys there.
Speaker 3: What's right,