Speaker 1: Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds?
Speaker 2: Went Dean Aungler, Kaylen lakey Man, Jared Han, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to an allD episode of Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds, which Jean and Kaylen are about to enter her journey on Together. I'm Jared Han from Rhode Island, Kaylin from Vegas. Dean somewhere in Colorado. I would imagine hiking, cooking sausages on toilets, just living the dream. I tell you it's right, just like the Good Lord intended. The Good Lord intended you to cook sausages on top of a toilet. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wasn't sure if that was something I should advertise or not.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: They were delicious and I don't regret it one one little bit.
Speaker 1: Was this a public bathroom? No, it was a hotel bathroom.
Speaker 2: To imagine.
Speaker 3: There was an hotel. I asked him at the hotel, I was like, can I cook in the room? Is there a stove or anything? And they're like no, no, And I was like, oh crap, my sausage is gonna go bad.
Speaker 1: I got to cook it.
Speaker 3: So we just went into the bathroom and cooked it in the bathroom, and the bathroom had a window. I had a fan, so it made sense that was the room to cook it in. I think it made the most sense to me. Anyways. Yeah, I'm in Asmen right now. I am at a golf course. So if you hear any cursing behind me, just know that that's what it is. And how are you, guys.
Speaker 2: I'm good. I'm just here in Vegas with little Al. Dean and I are heading to Maryland this weekend. So just getting prepared to go to Maryland and then we leave for the wedding the week after, and like we leave in a week, a week from tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Week from tomorrow.
Speaker 1: No, oh yeah, week from tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, week from tomorrow. Yahoo, look at us. We're coming zooming right up on the wedding.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. And we've got a full week. Dean has been planning. We're going to go to Denver and go to the Broncos game. He also wants to go to the CSU ce U game and then he wants to go see Atmosphere. Yeah, and I'm going to be exhausted for the wedding. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what I gotta, I do have a question. Now, obviously we'll know much more about the wedding after you guys you know, say I do and everything gets posted and people can know where the wedding is and what the theme is and all that. Let me say this, it's just, you know, from an outsider's perspective, this seems like a very Dean Central wedding Dean because like we were looking at obviously the location and like you know, the quarters and everything like that, and both Ashle and I were like, this seems so Dean. So Caitlin, is it you as well? Where you when you both like with this wedding coming up, because it's even like you're talking, you're like, oh, we're going to the Broncos game. We're going to this game. And then we're like, what are what are some of the things that you feel without giving spoilers about the wedding that you really like? This is something that I really wanted.
Speaker 2: Well, when we found a venue, I fell in love with it and I was like, we have to get this venue because it is so unique and one of my favorite things from when I was a kid is like the theme of the wedding without saying it like that. Yeah, growing up, that was like what I looked forward to and that was like my favorite thing ever, So that it's it's a little bit more me. But then you know, you have to ask. It's like a perfect bund of the both of us. It's like my nostalgia factor and then Dean's current state of living.
Speaker 1: I guess it's interesting because I'm sorry on TV, I just want to say one thing. It's interesting because Caitlyne, you do come off as someone who's far more well like like Ashley, who's like I want big ballroom, like very what's the word I'm looking for?
Speaker 3: Bougie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not like that at all.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: No, No, she.
Speaker 2: Is, I am not. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right. I think the wedding is a perfect blend of the both of us, the theme and everything, and even like Friday, the thing that we're doing on Friday is something that I've always loved to do. And again, it's like the nostalgia factor of being a kid. So I think it's a really good blend of the both of us, and it still will have It's like, you know, I think people think it's a casual wedding and it's not. We've had a couple of Dean's friends ask if they can wear jeans, and I was like, it's still like it's not necessarily black tire are super formal, but still like cocktail a tire, like it still is going to be it's got Dean's grunge, but also like my fancy elements.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting, interesting. I always fou on everyone they could wear jeans, but I guess I'll tell them that, shut up, shut down.
Speaker 1: Well, we got an email from Emily saying what we should be wearing, and not the wedding itself, but the night before a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Oh, she was supposed to send for both, but that is because Dean's friends were here. Okay, Okay, Dean's friends were here and there like I can wear jeans, right, And I've had multiple people ask if they can wear jeans and I was like, what, it's a wedding. It's I know that you might think it's casual. Yeah, but even the first night or the rehearsal dinner night, but people were asking for jeans then too, which no genes, There's going to.
Speaker 1: Be people wearing jeans, I guarantee it.
Speaker 3: But I do want to be on the record and say, like Kaitlin said that it was her choice to have the wedding at this venue. So while it does seem like it suits me a lot more, it was her choice.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: And we were walking through the venue touring it, and I was like, oh, if Jane says no, I'm going to be crushed. And so we sat in the car and I was like please please. So it was definitely more me.
Speaker 1: She was not like, you had a bag.
Speaker 3: It's not like I was in my head. I was yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But no, it'll be fun.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it's only what two and a half weeks away now, so we're getting close. Yeah, Broncos will be fun. Atmosphere will be fun.
Speaker 1: Who are they playing?
Speaker 3: They're playing the Commanders. Oh yeah, we have our Fantis Spoob tonight. Fantasy Football Draft tonight, Jared.
Speaker 1: I got to send a warm for that, the one that I'm about to become a dynasty. We've done this thing for three years. Guess who's won two out of the three years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your boy, Jared's Jared's what's your technique?
Speaker 2: Because this is my second year in fantasy and I'm just it's really hard. Yeah, look, okay, it's.
Speaker 1: So much like because we all know what we're doing. It's just all about getting the right draft picks and just getting lucky. Especially a lot of times my teams are not overly good. I'm never a top seed in the regular season, and then my team just gets hot in the playoffs. And that's what happened to me two years. Two years.
Speaker 2: Do you guys do ever do a bet like a hope we suck at being newlywed's bet?
Speaker 1: I think we do.
Speaker 3: We try to every year, and then we forget about it or something.
Speaker 2: Makes sense, or you forget okay because you're not losing, I mean because you're losing.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Yeah, I think one year is just like, oh, I have to wear a Broncos jersey on Instagram and then But to be fair, I think I won a bet both times, and he was supposed to wear like a Brady jersey and post a picture and it just obviously never happened.
Speaker 3: Well you never reminded me. But I'm down for a bet this year. I'm down for bet.
Speaker 1: Should we do a bet in terms of who makes it further? Yeah? Or should it be if we when we play I think that should be the bet for the season whoever makes it further.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so if I win the championship and you make it to the playoffs, but you have a better record, but I would still win because I won the championship.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should do multiple side bets, like one for a regular season whoever has the better record, and then a second a second bet for whoever goes further into the playoffs, assuming we both make the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm definitely making the playoffs. Yeah, I'm down making figure something out. Well, we don't have the answer right now, but I do like the jersey thing is a good option.
Speaker 1: We'll think of something. Maybe next week we'll come with an answer. Maybe we have to buy a jersey for one another, like Hayles. This is the four hundred dollars jersey I want.
Speaker 3: I definitely could use another Broncos jersey I don't have.
Speaker 1: And who would you want?
Speaker 3: Well, I've already got a Patser Changers, I like a lot of You got a Bradley Chobb rest in Peace jersey. He's on the Miami Dolphins. Now I would probably want like a Javonte Williams jersey. I think Okay, I don't even know. I don't even know who your team is anymore because you're a Bucks fan but you're a Patriots fan. No.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen for all the love I have for the Tampa people down in Tampa listening to this podcast, Obviously I could give a rats ass about the Buccaneers anymore. A great run, three years, wonderful. Everybody knows I was there for Brady, so obviously still rooting for the Pats. They're just so blah. But of course I'll be rooting for him. And then of course, like now, I have a little Raiders fan in me because Tom is part owner, so I will be kind of keeping my eye on the Raiders, you know, supporting the team, supporting the Black and Silver, a little bit for Tommy boy. Go Vegas, baby, Yeah, go Vegas. Yeah we should go to a game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we should definitely go to a game. Broncos play in Vegas. January sixth, Calen, I've got some questions for you, not regarding football, because I know you hate the football questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd really just zoned out there for quite some time.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Why we would love for you to contribute, if you could I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't really care about.
Speaker 3: Oh but you just you had a fantasy football draft the other day and it turned out to a good team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's all, And I can't talk about it any further.
Speaker 1: Do you try to watch or you just like Dean is going to be gone for the entire I try.
Speaker 2: With fantasy, but I'm just not super invested.
Speaker 1: You got Patrick Mahomes. He's the best.
Speaker 2: I know, he's the best, that's all.
Speaker 3: I mean, he is very very good.
Speaker 1: H So, yeah, because like there's obviously I feel like this is a lot of wives worst nightmares, like worst time of year because it's autumn, it's fall, you know. Now it's pumpkin spice latte, and we want to do all these things on Sundays and go have these fun events. And football starts and it's like, well, you know, I will be on the couch for about twelve or thirteen hours straight watching NFL Sunday and it's going to be amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It starts off good. It's like the season's changing, You've got all these things to look forward to, and football's on. It just like reminds you of the season's changing. And then it just like winter hits. It's still going on. It's a fun cycle.
Speaker 1: What are you looking forward to this fall?
Speaker 2: Then, Caitlin, Honestly, it's been so nice in Vegas because we've had a lot of weird weather and rain and like really bad floods, but that brought a lot of cool weather and so it's been like seventies eighties here when it should be like one ten. And it feels like fall, Like the air smells like fall. So I got not really a pumpkin spice girl, but I got a pumpkin spice latte to make myself feel like it was fall. Yeah, you and making a lot of soup. It's just yeah, I just am excited for the weather, you know, pumpkin spice latte girl. No, I'm not, but I had to be.
Speaker 1: It just felt all and this well listen, like, don't be one of those people that post on Instagram about it, but like what, there's a reason that these things are basic because they're so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was great. I also posted about my ugs, so I really am that girl, that jugy girl from the early two thousands. But it's okay. I'm embracing it.
Speaker 1: Those girl Like I used to think those are the hottest things ever. If it was like the ug boots with like the black uh the leggings one leggings, and they always had the north faced jacket on house Like that girl is my dream girl right there.
Speaker 3: I was never a fan of that style, but teach the throw and I guess, Caylen, I'm excited that you're rocking your inner your inner child.
Speaker 1: You got your ugs, you got your.
Speaker 3: Pumpkin spice latte, you got your nostalgic wedding setting.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited. I'm so excited for the wedding and all of the like unique uh factors that are coming into play with it. It's I don't know, it's very us. And that's what I've realized with each couple, Like each couple, their wedding just made sense for them, and I think ours is just going to make perfect sense for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well see, or it could be a complete disaster.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 2: You're insane for saying that.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it's not impossible.
Speaker 2: On the topic of weddings and some that have not gone well, Joe Jonas and Sophia Sophie Turner are filing for divorce. That's so sad and shocking, and wasn't Ashley just with the Jonas brothers.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we both were very briefly we walked into a room. It was for they were in Jersey for this Children's Place event. And this is one I think I told you guys where we had to We were going down to Virginia for one of her friend's wedding, and so we're supposed to fly Thursday night and then I was going to fly home Sunday because I had to be back for the coffee shop. And of course we got this invite which was incredible an opportunit We're never going to pass down for Thursday in Jersey to meet up with the Jones brothers at this Children's place, to have a moment with them and be a part of this fun event and Dawson is going to walk the red carpet. It was a really cool, you know, opportunity, So of course we took it. But the problem is then we changed all our flights, so then we had to drive to Jersey and then drive to Virginia and then that was the weekend. Anyway, point is, yes, we had a moment with them. So we walked in backstage and I have met Kevin a couple of times. He's always very nice. I think I know his wife watches Bachelor. I don't know if he does or not. But he's kind of friendly with Wells too. And then and then of course he has which the name iscassed me now, but he has his own show that was airing before Charity season. And then I met Joe once before, saw Joe again, and then met Nick for the very first time, very briefly. Claim to fame, Thank you Easton. I knew it rhymed. I was like, it's something fame and it rhymes claim to fame. But so anyway, yeah, it was. It was cool to meet them, to be in their presence, even just for a few minutes. Ashley gots to you know, fangirl for a moment.
Speaker 2: And this was last week or two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Might have been longer than that, three weeks ago. Now, was Sophie there? Sophie was not there, none of the none of the lines were there.
Speaker 2: Was Joe wearing his wedding ring?
Speaker 3: Oh if I.
Speaker 1: Remember, we watch the video, but wasn't there a whole thing that he just wore his wedding ring?
Speaker 2: So yeah, the news broke that they were going to file for divorce, that Joe was about to and then the next day he puts his wedding ring back on, and Sophie Turner was at the concert, and then the next day it's like, we're getting divorced.
Speaker 1: Huh, yeah, why would you do that?
Speaker 2: So weird? I don't know. Maybe to show like we're a united friend even though we're getting divorced, We're still going to like remain civil for our kids, is my take. Oh they have kids, Yeah, they have two kids. I think.
Speaker 1: Try to pull this Jonas Brothers video to see if we can see Joe's finger do some sleuthing. I can't tell. There's no way I'm gonna be able to tell this thing. I don't have to go back, but I'm sure he was. Where was there a thing where he wasn't wearing his wedding ring?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Apparently that's what I'm seeing on TikTok. But it doesn't matter because they're getting divorced and it's pretty sad, is it. I love them. They're such a unique couple. Yeah, well and just so random, like this game of Throne Star comes together with this boy band guy from the early two thousands, just like, so so strange.
Speaker 1: What about Prionka Chopra.
Speaker 2: Yeah, also strange, strange couple. You would never pay them together.
Speaker 1: Who's the married to?
Speaker 2: Kevin's married to Danielle?
Speaker 1: Danielle, and Danielle is very very sweet. Uh, that would be more heartbreaking to me, just because they've been together for a long time. Danielle is not in the industry from my understanding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did a TV show. I remember watching it on E News like probably like a decade ago, and they just seem like the most normal, down to earth couple.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love that story. That's a great story. But in terms of two A list celebrities meeting each other and coming together, I'm like, it's obviously sad. Of course, anytime a relationship dissolves, it's very very depressing.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: I'm just old, and I'm that guy who tells people to get off my lawn. Now, I'm just like, yeah, sad, they'll be fine, They'll be okay, they'll make it work with their Yeah, lots of lots of money. I know. It's so I wish I could.
Speaker 3: Be like, yeah, they are two beautiful people.
Speaker 1: Dude, because Ashley is like, obviously very stunned by the news and is very interested in it because she just is like, I can't believe they're getting divorced. It's so crazy to me, and I wish I could have like strong opinions about it. But like, especially even when it comes to a bachelor couple, anytime a bachelor couple breaks up, it's like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, I don't know what you want from me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so when Calen and I break up, you'll just have that reaction.
Speaker 2: Shut up. On the other end, Joe and Serena got married. Did you guys see the pictures.
Speaker 3: I saw some pictures on Instagram. Yeah, they looked really nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had a lot of bachelor people there.
Speaker 3: I really like Joe's joke. His opening joke was really funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was good.
Speaker 3: That was good. Jared, I'm surprised you and Ashley weren't there.
Speaker 1: Uh, we're friends with Joe and Serena, but we're not Like Joe wasn't at our wedding, you know. I would say we always say, looking back on it, like who would you invite or who would you not invite? And we always say, like we would invite. I mean, at the time, Joe and Kendall because we kind of we went on a couple double dates with them, probably like a month or two leading up to the wedding, and at that point pretty much everything was already finalized, and so we became closer with Joe and Kendall at the time, like too far into the process, and like we were like, we should invite Joe. But yeah, we're very friendly with them. But I'm not surprised that we were not invited to the wedding. I mean I wish, you know, yeah, of course I would have loved to have been there, but no, uh, I feel like it would have been weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a lot of batter people there there. There's like Wells was it the officiant?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And for a while, Wells wasn't sure that he'd be able to come to our wedding because of theirs. But luckily they're three weeks apart.
Speaker 3: Obviously, it's not even close. They're even close together. So that's good. Yeah that it looks fun, it looks beautiful. I don't know anything about where they've had the wedding. Was it like South Carolina or.
Speaker 2: Something, Charleston beautiful place.
Speaker 3: Oh, never been.
Speaker 1: It's a great place, do you guys? Let's be honest, are you, like, are you nervous leading into your wedding in terms of what people are going to think about it?
Speaker 3: Oh, we have to outdo everyone else obviously.
Speaker 2: No. No, I feel like people have been tagging me on stuff a lot and like almost comparing because there are so many Bachelor in Paradise weddings and you just like you can't compare because every like I said, it's going to be unique to us as a couple and it's going to be amazing and so much fun and I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can't compare. Do you compare, Jared? After your wedding now seeing other people's weddings, do you compare yours to theirs?
Speaker 1: I don't think we really compare. It's just like, like Helen said, everything is so different. I mean, listen, I don't know. It's so I guess we don't trust me you're gonna do the same thing. I mean when you guys go to weddings, when you're in the process of planning, did you not go to a wedding and be like, oh, we should do that, but I don't do that.
Speaker 2: Like everything as soon as we got engaged. We started critiquing weddings, which is not great, but like you know, and then we're like, oh, we loved this, so let's incorporate that. But we did not like that, so let's not stay away from that. But also speeches. We talked about speeches last week and we did decide to allow speeches.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I feel see I'm I'm nervous now because what if the speeches fail, what if the people giving speeches suck? It's literally all on me, all on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you're given one.
Speaker 3: Of those speeches, so have fun. You better up blow it.
Speaker 2: You're one of thirty speeches that are being given.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna be exactly like our wedding.
Speaker 2: Brad's brother texted me and he's like, can I please give a speech at your wedding? And I was like, oh, Brad's brother, Dean's brother, Brad.
Speaker 3: I knew who you met.
Speaker 2: So he's getting a speech and two of my best friends are going to share and do a speech together.
Speaker 1: Is Brad's brother going to give a speech?
Speaker 2: Will also give a speech.
Speaker 1: But Brad's other brother probably won't give a speech. The last two weddings I went to the groom said some words, so yeah, good shared, he should say some words. Yeah, thank you for coming. I'm the man of the hour. You know, I need to take control toxic maxillinity. I talk, you watch you watch I talk. She listens. So I pulled up here an article for Bachelor in Paradise couples that are still together. So we've had eight seasons, eight seasons of Bachelor in Paradise already filmed, and apparently there are thirteen couples that are still together together. Well, we're still together. And I put those in quotes because the first couple listed here is Michael and Danielle, which it feels like.
Speaker 2: We feel like they're broken up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dean, I don't know if you heard, but Danielle has deleted all of her pictures of Michael from her social pages. So it feels like that is kaput.
Speaker 3: That is compute. Interesting. Didn't she move to Ohio or something to be with him?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: I think so that's because he has his son. That's tough. That's tough with the kid, mix things.
Speaker 3: Harder, especially the breakups. Do you feel bad for that one or less bad than Sophie and Jonas? I feel the same. Yeah, that's fair, that's fair.
Speaker 1: They also have so number two. They're just going in chronological order from newest to oldest. Piper and Brendon.
Speaker 2: Are they still together to book up a while ago?
Speaker 1: Well, they broke up and then they got back together.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: Let me check the old Instagram here. Let me see if I can pull up yeap Brandon. I'll never say more rabs, more raris. Let's see the last time he posted on his feed of him and Piper was this Christmas of twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're broken up.
Speaker 1: That doesn't feel like it's let's see it's Instagram story nothing. Yeah, so I'm gonna go ahead and say that one is over.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. So now what are we at eleven?
Speaker 1: Well, so we'll count it, so now zero Chris and Alana. Do you guys remember I'll put the picture up.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was thinking of Chris other Chris.
Speaker 3: I remember who's the other Chris? Oh?
Speaker 1: Raandon?
Speaker 2: Mike Wazowski? Yeah, yeah, what's his?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry say that last name again? I can.
Speaker 2: It's like Mike Wazowski, like kowski Kowsky.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they're counting that one because they started dating actually and I started dating off camera tooon they kind of met.
Speaker 3: It's different, I guess because.
Speaker 1: Ashley and I were like trying to on the show. Anyway, Let's see if they counted. So Chris and Alana, I wonder if they're still together because they were they were the ones that like everybody hated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unfairly. I think they were getting a lot of heat for not doing anything that bad.
Speaker 1: I don't think so they are still together because she just posted two days ago first photo.
Speaker 3: Good for them. I do love that snaps for those guys.
Speaker 1: Number four obviously just got married, Joe and Serena. I wonder if Serena is going to change her last name from Pitt to I.
Speaker 2: Feel like we've asked her that and I can't remember what she said.
Speaker 3: Amabel Amble. What's his last name of Moble? I think I'll take Pitt over Mobley was asking. I wonder she's going to change her last name to Grochery. Yeah, you're in a grocery store.
Speaker 1: Kenny and Maury still together, getting married very soon, I believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, another bachelor wedding, Paradise wedding.
Speaker 1: I mean, you guys are killing the games. So hold on, that's two, right, so far three. You know, that's why I went on Paradise. My mass skills are not that good. So that's three. Number four, here we go Thomas and Becka, of course, expecting a kid.
Speaker 3: They're doing very well. Great, nice, good for that.
Speaker 1: Number five Noah and Abigail still together. And we talked about his hair last week on the podcast and he cut it.
Speaker 3: And he cut it. He listens, he must listen. No, thank you for listening and supporting. I actually texted him. I was like, hey, I'm sorry for talking crap about your long hair. So you cut it now you look really good. But I felt guilty.
Speaker 2: Did he say it was your fault?
Speaker 3: It took him with you days to respond and he said something along the lines of lol.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's definitely your fault. He's mad at you obviously. Yeah right, but he looks so much better. Number six A little couple cold. I thought we're Bean five and Kaylin that we were five. This is you, guys are six. Okay, look at you guys.
Speaker 3: Look at your cuteness right now, look at that little cute little couple flops.
Speaker 2: That's the day that Dean met Kim Kardashian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, save the bees, Save the bees.
Speaker 2: And we almost mister flight to go out in mollow that night.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe you dressed like this next to Kaylen.
Speaker 3: It was it was intentional. I wanted to make her stand out way more and and just really pop next to me. And yeah, so its a really selfless move I think I made obviously.
Speaker 1: Number seven Hannah and Dylan of course they just got married as well, and the petties and yes, and the million dollar wedding million to a million dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it has to be.
Speaker 1: How does that wedding get any cheaper? So that was number seven. Number eight, Look how young we look? Look how young?
Speaker 2: Is that really chronological? You guys are the next after our season?
Speaker 1: I think they're just going because we got engaged.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, because.
Speaker 1: We came back and got engaged right after.
Speaker 3: Was that when we got engaged?
Speaker 1: I don't remember you got engage season first season.
Speaker 2: Or no, no, you skipped that season.
Speaker 1: Season five engaged? Yeah, season five, we got engaged, but it was not the season that you guys met on. No, we went on six. Yeah, that was the Crystal and Chris weds. Yeah, so crazy, we'll never forget that like going up and then hearing this story about how Deen.
Speaker 2: Oh I was uh intoxicated at that wedding and quite heartbroken.
Speaker 3: No, you had your boy connorst there to look at and mat with, so you were doing fine.
Speaker 2: I was not fine anyone who saw me at that wedding, soa just me fighting back to you is the whole night.
Speaker 3: You were fine?
Speaker 1: So funny. Still, the best moment in the history of Paradise is when Connor sitting on that bed.
Speaker 2: With Christine a loser.
Speaker 1: Oh he calls him a loser, but also the fact that you know, obviously somebody asked him, like, how are you feeling Dean's talking to your girl right now over in the corner. He goes, I'm not worried, Like I feel like we have a strong connection. And then Christina looks at him, she goes, have you met Dean?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And he goes no, and she goes okay.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, that's the most realist moment I've ever seen on reality TV, because like, of course, like, don't make sure your head fits through the door, bro, But it was like, yeah, he's just.
Speaker 3: There's complimentary or not or if she was like kind of talking crap about me, but I'll.
Speaker 1: Take the I I took it as you're in. You're in deep, bro, because like this guy just came to get your girl and he's better than you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Caitlyn, and look you take a chance on me and now are getting married. Good for us.
Speaker 2: Crazy, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Of course. Next up, I think we're on eight now. Raven and Adam of course, very happy. Number two baby number two. It's so crazy they have two kids. Yeah, it's just weird to think about number nine. I believe we're Jade and Tanner of course. Oh geez man, yeah, we just obviously it's become public now that Jade has had her miscarriage second one. Insanity, poor thing, but really sad. It's so sad. It's crazy too, because they were going back and forth whether they wanted more kids, because which I totally understand, like we have one and I'm like, do we want another kids? It's a lot, they have three, she wanted a fourth or wasn't really down for it. And then they were like, well, let's try and if it doesn't happen soon, it won't like we'll just you know, not have a kid. And then of course, first try and then that happens, so crazy, so crazy.
Speaker 3: But what are they going to do to you know, are they going to try again or are they just gonna see what happens.
Speaker 1: I have no idea, uh, no idea. My gut would tell me, you know, probably not. That's Jade's second miscarriage. Oh you know, she had a miscarriage, which she's been public about. She had a miscarriage before Emmy, so who was there first. So she had a miscarriage and then they had three kids, and then she got pregnant for a fifth time and then had the miscarriage again. Jeez, well, three is a good number.
Speaker 3: Three still is a big, full, happy family. So hopefully hopefully they're, oh, yeah, we'll come back from.
Speaker 1: That and no, and they're you know, they have such a great family and the three kids are just the most adorable things ever. It's so funny that we took a picture of Dawson when we were in La We were all hanging out their house and we got a picture of all four kids. Dude, Dawson looks like he could be a part of that family. It's insane, like he's just the fourth kid because he's got blonde hair and blue eyes. All of their kids have blonde hair and blue eyes, and number ten, I think we're at something like that. Kevin and Astrid. Of course, Kevin and Astrod got together on season five of A Bachelor in Paradise and good form. They have two kids now or she's pregnant with their second.
Speaker 2: Crazy good success stories.
Speaker 1: So insane, way more than anything. Like, I feel like there's so many couples I just forgot about. And then, like you said, they didn't even count Bukowski and Anna, who met on the show and then started dating afterwards.
Speaker 2: But he was on our season, so I guess they met. They didn't meet on the show, right, I.
Speaker 1: Met through like bachelor circles.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, it's weird how it seems like a lot more of the success is stacked on the latter half of the seasons. Like the first four seasons there's like two or three couples, and then the last six there's seven or eight couples.
Speaker 1: You know that's interesting. Are you trying to say something, Yeah.
Speaker 3: We're way better. US later couples are better than your earlier.
Speaker 1: Couples, Or you could make the argument that US earlier couples are actually authentic and then the later couples are just doing it for Instagram their purposes. Reason I'm that's the only reason I'm doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Well I took the words right out of your mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you you just know me so well.
Speaker 2: But Gina, what also is so crazy that I was thinking about the other day, if the producers decided in any other direction, like so many kids wouldn't have been born, so many marriages wouldn't have happened, Like if Dean became the Bachelor, Jared, if you became the Bachelor, like everyone's lives, everyone's lives would be so different. It's crazy. If you were a bachelorette, that would have never happened.
Speaker 3: But yeah, they would have, weren't you didn't you sign your contract or something, and it's.
Speaker 2: Any contract, but it's it's just imagine like, let's say you were the Bachelor over Ari, then Lauren and Ari wouldn't have these kids.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't be married, right, true, maybe they still would. Who knows?
Speaker 2: Why were you not?
Speaker 1: I forget because I was a boy, obviously got it all the paradise. Yes, because I forget, I was like, yeah, why was because I know? I mean, I don't know for a fact, you obviously know Peter much better than myself, but I had heard that it was just getting increasingly difficult. It should have been him.
Speaker 3: I think it's so weird, even being as close as I or was to Peter. I mean, we're still friends, but we used to be a lot closer. Just proximity is hard when he's in Wisconsin, but he like, I don't know the I don't even know the true story of what happened. I feel like I hear conflicting things every time it gets brought up. But what I think, what I've filled together myself, is that he was about to be announced, like walking out on stage, about to be announced, and I can't remember exactly what happened, but like either he decided he didn't want to do it, or they pulled the plug on it. But I'm pretty sure he was at one of the reunions, at the Paradise Reunion, about to be announced, and then they like pulled the plug at the last second. Wow.
Speaker 1: I could be wrong, but I don't know. That's what I think is right.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I hope that that's an awesome story. I wish it was Pete.
Speaker 3: I wish Peter was Bachelor obviously, Like it sucked going from our season to then the next guy was some guy that I've never even met before. Like I wanted to be a libtle to like support Peter from the Wings, you know, and watch him go on his journey. But then every Bachelor thereafter I didn't even I've never even met. So it sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's so crazy. It's just the Paradise is the most successful. I'm taking a look at all the bachelorettes because I feel like Bachelor, it's just Matt, Jane's still Dane Rachel, but they're not engaged or anything, but they're still together. And then Sean and Catherine. There's no other Bachelor couple together.
Speaker 2: Right maybe like years and years ago, no Sean, it was.
Speaker 1: I know for a fact, Sean was the only one growing until like when I show he was like the Marquis Bachelor. And then Jason Mesnick, but uh, he chose his second one, so I guess they don't really count. But like Claire's not with her guy, Hannah's not with her guy. Uh, Meredith and Jen I don't know who they are. Andy's obviously not with Josh Murray. Rachel's Rachel and Brian. So there's one right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Becca and Garrett obviously no, and Jordan, Katie no, Ashley, Her and JP broke up. Wow, that sucks. I forgot about that. Rachel, no, Deanna no JoJo's yep, Michelle no Ali, no, Caitlin, No, poor Kaitlin.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: And then she announces the breakup of Jason, and then both Sean and Nick announced that they're they're having a baby. Tasha no, Jillian, no Desert Ray No. This is such a random I know, I don't know why it's in this order. I'm all over the place now. Uh Is Desirael still with Chris Well?
Speaker 2: The success sorate of Bachelor in Paradise is much much better.
Speaker 1: So she's still with christ We're kulling that. So that's three. Gabby, no charity. We're gonna say unforeseen right now. Dude, that's crazy. I forgot Jeff Holmes. That's insane. Do you ever meet Jeff? I did? And then Trista and Ryan. So four, so four bachelorettes, way more Paradise couples. I've met Jeff once. He was very nice. I had no idea I knew he was from the or somebody said he was from the franchise, and then I had heard his name because he's such a polarizing figure, but I had no idea that he was the winner.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. Yeah. I met him once at the beach, same same thing. It's very quick, can brief, but he seem nice. But I don't really know anything else about it.
Speaker 1: It seem nice. He just definitely didn't seem like a guy who's ready to be a husband.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I was like, Oh, sure, like you got engaged. Huh, that's crazy, you know, someone like I met JP once. You know, obviously they're not together no more, which is very sad. But I was like, this guy gives off like husband vibes, you know what I mean. Obviously trying to think of other guys that like, you know, cool, It's god, I don't know, I feel like a lot of them they're like, oh, this guy's ready for like Matt.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't think Jeff Holmes ready for marriage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe he is. Maybe none of us are ready for marriage until we actually get married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you just grind it out. Caitlin, are you ready for marriage?
Speaker 2: Give me about two weeks?
Speaker 1: How are your vows looking.
Speaker 2: Give me about two weeks.
Speaker 3: Okay, gotcha. So you haven't even started them.
Speaker 2: That's great, Yes I have. I've been. One of my friends was like start writing them, like just start taking notes once you get engaged, and then like keep adding to it. So that's what I've done. I just need to like actually sit down and figure out exactly what I want to say. Now.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: What about you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, same thing as you.
Speaker 3: I've got a lot of notes scattered in my mind. I just need to put pen to paper and start getting them all written out.
Speaker 2: You told me last night you found the perfect rhythm to it all.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 3: I found the structure that I want, but I still haven't written anything down. I was pretty drunk last night. I haven't drink in a while, and we were having our fantasy football draft, and so I had a couple two beers.
Speaker 1: Yeah that sounds pretty accurate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got it.
Speaker 1: He's got the rhythm of it down, ready to go. Seven minutes before the wedding.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of solo hiking time out here to reflect and think about what I'm going to say and all that stuff. So I've had some time to think about it. So hopefully it's as good as yours.
Speaker 1: How many mounains you got? I got seven mountains left.
Speaker 2: He's so close.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jared, am I supposed to get kill in a wedding gift?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh, I did not know this either, my friend, and thank god. Shout out to our wedding planner, Troy Williams, who said, listen, he told me about Probably he only told me maybe a few days before the wedding, but still plenty of time. He said, I don't know if you know this or not, but it's traditional for the wife, excuse me, for the bride and groom to exchange gifts before the wedding. I know for a fact your bride has gotten you something, so I would get her something.
Speaker 2: And I said, okay, what did you guys get each other?
Speaker 1: She got me Patriot cufflinks? Nice and so those are really cute yes to wear at the wedding and they're so obviously very thoughtful. And then I got her because mine was a little.
Speaker 3: Bit more or last minute, but you know, that's what dudes do.
Speaker 1: It was a framed portrait of Rosecliffe where we got married, and I had the date written on there before our wedding so it's like a nice little framed portrait of Rosecliff. And then I had our our date and engraved. Yeah, so that was a nice little gift.
Speaker 3: Kailin, did you get me a cupleinks? Because Easton also got cuplings.
Speaker 2: I saw that I have gotten Dean a couple gifts so far, and every time I get him something, I just give it to him. Okay, it's sitting run in front of me. I got him these, which are so cool. It's a Broncos folded T shirts and then a Nuggets one so he can frame them. Oh, that's cool, like vintage T shirts. And then I got him a little thing to frame of all of the fourteen years in Colorado that he's climbing. And then I got him one more thing that I'll give him on the wedding day.
Speaker 1: Cuflings.
Speaker 2: Ah, not cuplings, good because I already have cuplings.
Speaker 1: I know I don't need another pair. Dean, have you begun work on getting her something?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was going to order it yesterday, but I would get to the house before I would get there and Kiln would see it before or I would be have the chance to hide it.
Speaker 1: So I haven't ordered it yet.
Speaker 3: But but now after hearing all these gifts, it seems like they're supposed to be like small gifts, not like a big gift.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wouldn't get her like a jacuzzi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I returned to the jacuzzie.
Speaker 1: Okay, get your refund back from that again, something that you can hand over. I can't remember you said you guys were not.
Speaker 3: Well like.
Speaker 1: For example, because the way Ashley and I did it, we stayed in separate rooms.
Speaker 3: So we had.
Speaker 1: Troy, our wedding planner, who's very sweet.
Speaker 3: He came.
Speaker 1: To where we were getting ready in that room next to the chapel, and he handed me He's like, this is a gift from your bride before you walked down the aisle. And then he did the same thing to Ashley where he walked in she was He was like, this is a gift from your groom before your wedding. So it was really nice to have that moment and then of course ultimately see her walked down the aisle.
Speaker 3: Sweet, did you wear the cufflinks at the wedding? Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's actually a picture. It's very nice of Nick putting because I I'm not good at conflicts and of course Nick would be. So it's a very sweet photo of Nick helping me put on my cufflings before the wedding, which is nice. How can you be bad at cuflins? I've never worn cufflings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you just like put the thing through the hole and then turn it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I guess it was just more because it's awkward.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's like putting a bracelet on yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I had a nice shirt on, so it was it's like folded over. And then I was just having difficulty. As you can see, I'm hitting my mic just trying to mimic me putting cufflings on. You can only imagine the real thing. So Nick was helping. That's why not beautiful moment, just kind of dumb, beautiful moment. Beautiful moment. And then we made out and it was so nice.
Speaker 3: And that's the last kiss you ever had until you got married.
Speaker 1: That was my last first kiss, last kiss, right, All right?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's going to do it for this week's episode. We are getting closer and closer to the wedding, so this is going to air next week. Hold on, let's just get the date. I want to make sure that we we still have another episode after this.
Speaker 3: Before the day.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have two more, two more, so two more episodes before you guys are husband and wife. Is the honeymoon finalized?
Speaker 2: Still waiting for a hotel because we want to Yeah, still working on it, but it's not till December.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, but you guys got time and anyway? Perfect?
Speaker 3: Okay, cool?
Speaker 1: I was curious about that. But you're still South Africa. Yeah all right, cool, Well, and I'm taking us on a mini moon, a secret mini moon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's happening.
Speaker 3: Still still happening, okay, yeah, so get ready for that.
Speaker 1: I'll pay for this one. You pay for South Africa.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, we're leaving in the country, so it's it's still a big expensive spoiler spoiler alert.
Speaker 1: Oh very nice.
Speaker 3: But no, we're just gonna stay and Aspen for like a week after the wedding, I think, and relax and climbs mountains or something.
Speaker 1: Cool, not me. Yeah, she'll be relaxing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she'll be relaxing while we're climbing the mountains. Can't wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well that's gonna do it.
Speaker 3: For this week's episode of Help we Suck at Being Newlyweds. Thank you guys so much for joining us. I'm sorry if my mic was windy or if any golfers were cursing in the background, but thank you for listening. Jared, I love you, Kaylin I love you. I will talk to you guys later. Be sure to here next week or maybe we suck just a little bit less.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at help we Suck at being Newlyweds.
Speaker 2: And email us at Newlyweds at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. We'll see you next time.