Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Jim Stenebeck along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We're joined by Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent Nora Melinda Noura. There is a lot moving in the afternow.
Speaker 4: Oh, I had so many to choose from today, very nice and a lot of them actually being in the tech space. I'm looking at shares of Nokia. They ended up about twenty two percent. This is the ADRs ticker in Okay, the best place since twenty twenty one. Of course, we know the stock was earlier halted for volatility. This is after the announcement that in Vidia will be investing one billion dollars in the company. Of course, this is all in a push toward AI networking here and this would give Nvidia a two point nine percent stake here in the company. But you definitely are seeing these shares ending higher and in video up about four point nine percent to end the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you definitely saw, I mean Nokia, the ADRs during the day when the news hit, like stop trading because we were waiting for that news to come out and then just shut up like a rocket. Let's go to one of the homebuilders that also reported results.
Speaker 4: Yes, not a pretty look here. So we did see shares that ended down three point two percent for Dr Horton. That's tack your DHI. This is after incentives or really pressuring margin margins. As we know a lot of the incentives in the home building space tend to be whether it's a rate buy down, making sure that the customer has a rate that's about maybe one percent or a half percentage point below what the general market rate is, or throwing in just some random incentives like a dishwasher things to make it a bit more appealing here for customers. But it seems as though this is all pressuring margins here for the company. And we did see S one to five home, which is the index at tracks all home builders more broadly, also falling on the day down about one person.
Speaker 3: I mean, Nora just has a love for home buildings.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 4: I can't escape it.
Speaker 3: It's your DNA. That's what you covered before your Bloomberg Markets television correspondent bloom Television Markets. Correspondent, excuse me, okay, let's go to some more high tech.
Speaker 4: Yes, more high tech in focus. I'm keeping eyes on Corvo. That's Sticker Qvro and this is a thought that ended at its best day since April and its highest level in over a year. We did see shares up about five point seven percent. This is after Apple essentially is saying that they want to really invest in their own homegrown chips, and so you are seeing Corvo in a competitor, Skyworks Solutions, actually merging as they're trying to seek out certain opportunities for themselves to really benefit in this space. This would be a combination of about twenty two billion dollars here in value for these two companies here to be combined.
Speaker 1: The stock has been on a tear this year.
Speaker 4: Corvo absolutely about crazy. Yeah, yeah, I'm really seeing some strong gains here.
Speaker 3: Do we have time for any an a special guest, Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Looking at shares of PayPal, this is ticker pypl up on the day, up about three point nine percent, and this is after it raised its full year earnings guidance. But they did talk about the fact that they are seeing a pullback and particularly in terms of consumer spending here, so that's not been that they noted. But of course the headline here was the open ai deal. They're going to be embedding PayPal. It's into its wallet into Chat GPT, so PayPal's while to be embedded into Chat GPT, and you really are seeing the street really clearly taking a liking to this. It seems like open ai is striking a lot of deals as of late.
Speaker 1: All over the place, like kind of crazy crazy crazy, good stuck. Thank you as always, we appreciate it. Boberg TV Markets correspondent Nora Melinda joining us here with some of the stocks on the move.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.