Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Katty arm Strong.
Speaker 2: And Jetty and now he Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 3: I'm considering voting yes on DeSantis if he finally admits that he has lifts in his boots.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he does.
Speaker 3: I think three inches for inches at least.
Speaker 4: That's a US senator and colleague of Marco Rubio, John Fetterman of Pennsylvania saying he will vote for Marco Rubio as Secretary of State.
Speaker 1: Ron de Santis.
Speaker 4: N de Santis would vote for Ron DeSantis as Secretary of Defense if he's nominated.
Speaker 2: If he admits he has lifts.
Speaker 1: In his boots Senator on Senator violence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if DeSantis would think that was funny or not.
Speaker 1: Definitely like the new Fetterman post stroke better than the old one, yeah, which is no endorsement of that terrible medical melody. But he sure is a different dude.
Speaker 4: So we're not there yet that that Trump needs to name DeSantis as the nominee for Secretary of Defense, because you still have old Pete Hegseth in there. He hasn't gotten out yet here's a little on the reporting on that from Bill Malusion on Fox.
Speaker 5: Heg Seth also met yesterday with Senator Roger Wicker. He's the incoming chairman of the All Important Arms Services Committee. Wicker says Hegseth pledged to him he would stop drinking if he set death.
Speaker 3: Issu was made about him being intoxicated several times, and so the questions that everry member will be asking him led.
Speaker 6: To and hekill Stuftrina altogether if he becomes secretaries exactly, and then the rest of the allegations in the New York article on the like.
Speaker 3: How I will not I answered about that, and he stated categorically they were untrue.
Speaker 4: So I hadn't thought about that. If you're a big drinker, you can very easily. I just finished reading Bob Woodward's War Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense. You get phone calls at two thirty in the morning and have to make some serious decisions very quickly. You can't be drunk and or hungover. So it's not just do you drink during work hours, because your work hours are literally twenty four to seven when your secretary Defense, right, So.
Speaker 2: As Hegxsist said, he doesn't drink at all.
Speaker 4: He told Megan Kelly yesterday, doesn't he's not an alcoholic, and he said, yeah, he would.
Speaker 1: Be willing to give up alcohol entirely during his stay.
Speaker 2: As Pentagonchi, that's a good commitment.
Speaker 1: As Senator Wickers said, you know, so, I thought a couple of days ago his nomination was shakier than I think it is today. And Goodness knows, it could go either way. But he is absolutely manfully and intelligently saying this. This is a manufactured takedown. I am not going to back down in the face of this crap. Okay, I admire him for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to hear that Wall Street Journal stuff you have before you get to that. I think this will set it up. So a little piece from the New York Times. Trump has made clear to people close to him that he believes Hegseth should have been more forthcoming about the problems he would face getting confirmed, according to two people with knowledge of his thinking, So it's possible. You know, you never know if this stuff's true or not, but it's possible. Trump's like, God, God, dude, you gotta let us know so he can be ahead of this stuff. Possible Politico is reporting. Well, actually it's a quote from Hegzz's lawyer, whose name parlatory, defended Hegzev's communication with the Trump team around all this stuff and why he didn't tell him. Hegsat's lawyer said, it's not something you would necessarily be expected to disclose. Were you ever falsely accused of something that the police investigated and clear you of That's not a question that comes up in any background check. Uh yeah, I would, it kind of does. And that's absolutely the sort of thing you would disclose. How many of you have been investigated by the police and then cleared and then you think, once you're cleared, that's a non story. In my life, it's not worth you ever mentioning to anybody.
Speaker 1: Really, you don't follow politics much for one right, of course, this is his attorney who also said that he wasn't even the state for the alleged strip club incident where he was hammered and wanted to get up on stage with the dancers. Who knows what's true, but so one the dynamic I've been aware of is that his current colleagues and very recent past colleagues at Fox News has said he's the stand upist guy they've ever worked with. They never sensed any problem. He never maltreated anybody, And so I was surprised to see this headline Pete Hexast drinking worried? Is Fox News colleagues, sources tell NBC News. Right, So I went to this story that happened to be on MSNBC. Citing ten current and former Fox News employees, NBC News reported that on more than a dozen occasions they smelled alcohol on him before he went on air. They don't say what time of day or why he was on air or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Right, So those are unnamed Fox employees. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. But Brian Kilmeat on Fox and Friends said, we've all worked with Pete for fourteen years and none of us have been contacted by any reporters.
Speaker 1: That's what kill Meat said. I think it was yesterday on Fox and Friends. So two of those people said on more than a dozen occasions. But those same two people who are not willing to put their names forward, said that during his time there, he appeared on television after they'd heard him mentioned being hung over. All right, so he showed up to work slightly hungover and never missed a que, never missed a day of work, never missed anything, according to these same anonymous rumor mongers.
Speaker 4: Well that gets the question I've been asking along. Shouldn't we do you make a decision as a nation on what our standards are for people that have some of these jobs? Are you not allowed to go to strip clubs? Are you not allowed to have affairs? Are you're not allowed to ever be hungover? I mean that will have eliminated a lot of people that like have statues in parks for them in US history, Winston Churchill wouldn't have been Prime Minister for instance.
Speaker 1: Right, And, as one of our beloved listeners pointed it out quite eloquently via email, this is really good. So I want to mention his name. No, that's not it. Uh never mind pointed out this stuff only runs one way. Democrats always make like it's some big deal when a guy was hung over once.
Speaker 4: Oh, for god's sake, this bull shack And ask well, I guess we have a clip about the strip club. I want to hear this and I have a question.
Speaker 1: So how do you respond to those reports?
Speaker 6: All of those allegations are anonymous, All of them are unsubstantiated. No one's putting their name on it. No one can point to an actual incidence, an actual place, an actual piece of evidence, none of it. I was at my brother's house last night where I was talking about where did this allegation come of me being in a strip club?
Speaker 1: That's one of the things that is in Louisiana that not just in the strip club strict clus storming the state.
Speaker 6: On the stage at a strip club. Where did this come from? And they said, Pete, don't you know what happened there? I said, no, it was, there was an incident at a strip club. Something happened that was addressed. You were nowhere near there. You weren't even at the event. You weren't even in the state. You're being accused of something you weren't even at. So if they're making up an instance of something where I didn't even attend, how can you believe a single other thing that any of these people are saying in any instance?
Speaker 4: Well, I assume that's one hundred percent true, because there's no way you'd want to come out and say that and have that turn out to be wrong, because then you're doomed. So that must be true, And that's a pretty good point. If you're going to make those claims that I wasn't even in the state on the date you're claiming this happened, the rest of the stuff falls apart, and then what do you think about the whole Brian Kilmead, who's on Fox and Friends daily but also worked with him on the weekends, saying, we've all all the people on the couch, like the biggest stars of Fox, said, we've worked for Pete for fourteen years and nobody's asked us and we never saw any of this stuff.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Which is which is why I went to that headline from NBC News thinking, oh wow, that contradicts what I've heard. But no, it's two anonymous crackpots making ridiculous who cares allegations?
Speaker 2: So did that answer your question?
Speaker 1: Or I think yeah, the fact that everybody works with now says no, he's a great guy, there's no problem. But his piece in the Wall Street Journal Pete Hexas is there available today. I've faced fire before, I won't back down. I look forward to an anonymous I'm sorry, to an honest confirmation hearing, not a press show trial based on anonymous accusations, and he says on these pages, eighteen years ago, I penned an article titled more Troops Please. I was a young US Army lieutenant who just complete a combat tour in Iraq, and I believe we needed more troops and a new strategy to turn the war around. I had seen a lot, been through a lot, and believed in my troops in the mission. Ever since then, I've been fighting for our troops. And he goes into his background of founding and advocating for organizations that are all about the troops. A couple of different ones, including one that overspent and went into debt, and he stayed there at the Helm until they paid off all their debt. Very stand up guy, at least by his description, and he has volunteered over and over again to protect his guys. Than he re enlisted, he'd missed the sense of purpose of being in the military. Then he talks about when he came back he founded Concerned Veterans for America. Is his background as an organizer and worker and guy who cares is really very very impressive. Then he talks about his work at Fox News. He says, where I saw my work as a continuation of my mission to fight for America again, and the legacy Press has used anonymous sources to try to discredit even that. Please see my ex feed for all the on the record sources whom I actually did work with and know what kind of person I am and how I conduct myself. I've been through a lot combat tours, job changes, divorces and family challenges. Yes, I love my mom very much, and she loves me. I've always led with honesty, integrity, and passion. Tragically, many veterans never find the purpose for the next chapter and so come to the bottled depression or worst of all, suicide. I understood what they're facing because I've lived it. By the grace of God, I took another path. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ is renewed and restored my life. I am saved by his grace. The press is peddling anonymous story after anonymous story, all meant to smear me and tear me down. It's a textbook manufactured media takedown. They provide no evidence, no names, and they ignore the legions of people who speak on my behalf. They need to create a boogey man because they believe I threaten their institutional insanity. That is the only thing they're right about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I don't really have an opinion on pedd Exit being Secretary of Defense or not, other than some of my favorite pundits are really in favor of him getting the job, so it makes me think I'd be in favor of it. But I definitely have an opinion on these snowballing witch hunts that happen in Washington, d C. Particularly around Republicans, like having Kavanaugh, like happen with Kavanaugh, and that's not good. That's not the reason to get rid of people. And I like the way the goal pulse always move. So it started with he may have like raped a woman or something, but that one kind of fell apart or went away, and now we're down to.
Speaker 2: He was hungover at work.
Speaker 4: I mean, what are you would you disqualify anybody for anything before because they were hung over at work a couple of times.
Speaker 1: And you got all sorts of drunks and philanderers and stolen valor punks in the Senate on the Democratic side, for instance. Yeah, that's funny how these standards change case by case.
Speaker 2: More on that.
Speaker 1: Oh, my only concern about Pete is whether he would be effective in taming a gigantic bureaucracy because that's a specific that requires a specific skill set.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I feel like Ron DeSantis would have that skill set.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So a word from our friends of Prize Picks football season is heating up in Prize Picks is the best place to get real money sports action while watching football. Over ten million members, billions of dollars in award and innings winnings Rather, Prize Picks is easy and it's fun. It's simple to use.
Speaker 4: What's the more or less on how many inches the lifts are in Desantus's shoes? I guess that's not a sport, so you probably getting relevant, Yes, lifts on senators, it's not a sport. Download the Prize Picks game, Download the Prize Picks app today and use the code armstrong and get fifty dollars instantly when you play five dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so you just pick two or more players across any sports or multiple sports and pick more or less on their projection. You can win up to one hundred times your money. Again, it's easy. Download the Prize Picks app today, use the code armstrong again fifty dollars instantly when you play five. That's the code Armstrong on prize picks to get fifty dollars instantly when you play five. You don't need to win to get the fifty dollars bonus. It's guaranteed. Prize picks run your game. Are you running your game? I don't think you are prize picks running your game?
Speaker 2: And you don't appear to be What flavor of thing do we want coming up?
Speaker 1: How that first sip of coffee? Oh affects you physiologically?
Speaker 2: I love that? Now, that's something in my wheelhouse on the way Strong.
Speaker 4: Just see how bright Venus was last night over the moon and that was really cool?
Speaker 1: Did not notice?
Speaker 2: Check it out?
Speaker 4: It was at its peak last night. But it'll still be really bright tonight and it's right like in the crescent of the moon, like a some plan out of a painting or something, and super bright.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was actually engaged in one of my beloved hobbies, which I want to talk about later. Just that whole doing a hobby because it makes you happy and it's good for you, as opposed to having an end goal. I struggle with that, and I think a lot of people. Yep, everybody does. Anyway, more on that to come. So Coffee Drinkers of the World Unite came across this rather interesting piece about what actually happens when you have your coffee in the morning or all day long in some folks case. So let's say at eight o'clock you take here first sip of coffee. They mentioned that there's there are significant differences between the way people process between the ways people process caffeine, and it's kind of understood, but only partly gender differences.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: Of course there word as sex men and women, and genetics.
Speaker 2: Of course there is.
Speaker 4: I've never thought about it before, but a courser is and that explains me, my kids. People I know, and the way they re you know, the way they handle drinking coffee and the way I do.
Speaker 2: We react completely differently. Yeah, right, or alcohol or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one of the most liberating things in the world, folks, when you realize, oh, different people perceive the world differently than I do. They come to different opinions, and that's okay.
Speaker 4: Anyway, There's some things not get like the jag from coffee that like you and I get, do some people because it's like painkillers don't make me high and happy, so I have no desire to take them. But I know people they like the first time they ever had any painkillers, like this is the greatest feeling I've ever had. Do some people not get that from coffee?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, I suppose to, and I know you and I differ in that. I drink a fair amount of coffee too, but I don't get headaches if I don't get coffee. I just think, man, I'd like some coffee.
Speaker 2: I feel like a railroad spike has been driven through my eyeball. So the first.
Speaker 1: Mood alteration when you take that sip is likely placebo rather than any biological change, especially if you're in the routine of consuming caffeine every morning. To actually get any effects from caffeine, it's got to get into your bloodstream, which takes about twenty minutes or so.
Speaker 4: I've been aware of this from my drinking days. I would get that feeling you get after having a beer when I decided to have a beer before it even opened it up, so the brain was like, Okay, we know what's come and release the chemicals. And it does the same thing with coffee. That doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can attest to that phenomenon. You're not alone. About twenty minutes in the first thing he experienced is an increase in heart rate if you're in a low state of arousal, not that kind of arousal.
Speaker 2: Plain it up walking around and a cup of coffee.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he couldn't let folks.
Speaker 2: I begged him. I begged him.
Speaker 1: Let's see, which is why people rely on the cup of coffee in the morning. Within twenty minutes, your metal performance has already improved. You feel more alert, switched on, able to tackle cat tackle tasks. The flow of coffee into the bloodstream causes adrenaline to be released.
Speaker 2: Does it say less angry at any point, because that's what happened for me, less likely to stop it data.
Speaker 1: It can actually sharpen your vision too, which probably explains why morning paper, spreadsheets, whatever are easier to read after.
Speaker 2: A coffee or two. Wow, that's what you.
Speaker 1: Need, Yeah, my mansters start drinking coffee in your vision around twenty minutes. Come at the twenty minute mark comes the old rush of euphotia. It's when you're feeling good, you're feeling positive, you're greeting your colleagues, whatever it's the.
Speaker 2: R Everything's great, always has been, always will be.
Speaker 1: By eight thirty oh, nature calls literally because caffeine is a diuretic, and so you gotta pee. If I tell people all the time, we would get on get ready to go on family vacations, and of course I would be in charge of finishing packing the car and pushing the rope, hurting the cats trying to get him in the car, and the mood was always a little tense, and then we go off down the road. But I was never hard asked Dad about no, it's too soon to stop to go to the bathroom, because I was swinging out of coffee.
Speaker 2: I was the first guy who had to stop right anyway.
Speaker 1: By nine thirty am, an hour and a half later, much sooner for other people. All of a sudden, your your bowels say, well, good morning, haul, I'm feeling excellent about the day, and there's something I would like to accomplish. I don't have time to explain to you the metaphysics of it, but it's unmistaken.
Speaker 2: Why do your bowels have an English accent? More to come Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 8: Between twenty eighteen and twenty twenty three junk fees alone allowed airlines to pocket billions of dollars.
Speaker 1: This is all.
Speaker 8: Detailed in a multi year Senate study, and the chair of the committee says this report pulls back the curtain on tactics like dynamic pricing. Of course, the curtain is then quickly closed by the first class flight attendant.
Speaker 2: If you don't fly.
Speaker 8: Delta one, you don't get to see Delta one. Now go poop in a bucket, you beasts.
Speaker 1: Reminding me of how funny Colbert is when it's not just prick pardon me, sorry, folks.
Speaker 2: Sir, like a seller.
Speaker 4: I think about that for ever when I'm in coach where I mostly am poop, you beast.
Speaker 1: That is really funny.
Speaker 4: So Senator Josh Holly laid into the CEOs of the big airlines yesterday in a very populist way that maybe we'll play.
Speaker 2: Some of that coming eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so I thought this was so interesting. Getting back to the coffee discussion, then I want to move on to France. Roughly sixteen to ninety minutes after consumption. Your results may vary. All of us feel.
Speaker 4: Strange rumblings below, and they point out they used to make that joke on friends all the time about coffee making you poop, and it always struck me his word, because it doesn't me and not that you probably want to hear this much about it, but it just does.
Speaker 1: It never, it's never had, never been a correlation for me. Definitely mobilizes the troops in my case.
Speaker 2: But wow, what's more interesting discussion we've ever had?
Speaker 1: Only if you make it childish, well more than capable of carrying this on in an adult way.
Speaker 2: What makes you poop? Katie?
Speaker 1: Oh? So many? Oh lord, what I gotta work with? Kid? Don't as if you're going to dignify as stupidity, I don't have.
Speaker 2: Does coffee have it? Do you drink coffee?
Speaker 1: Katie?
Speaker 4: I don't even know if I paid attention, I do you do? And does it have the effect on your bowels that Joe's mentioning? No, now it doesn't perfect and women don't do that.
Speaker 2: Jack's right, women don't keep it that way.
Speaker 1: That is that's an excellent point, Katie, thank you. Uh So, Anyway, what's interesting is though coffee is a vasodilator, and I've heard that it dilates your veins eventually, and and everything just gets going more. Uh, there are also compounds in coffee, including decalf that cause those rumblings. But no, please, again, the adult in the room says, coffee drinking has been pretty strongly associated with a lower risk of colorectal cancer, and one view is because of those compounds effects on gut motility, as they say, getting things up. Going coffee also has been shown to lower the risks the type two diabetes, among other things. And then they talk about the crash and the headache, and then you want more and all. But we all know that. So anyway, let's see.
Speaker 4: Now, A long time ago, some radio doctor, I don't remember who it was, I remember them saying, the only downside of being a coffee addict is you're a coffee addict. Other than that, there's not really a problem. Still mostly true as far as I can tell. Yeah, as far as I've observed.
Speaker 1: One more somewhat interesting thing I came across was this doctor who's a neurobiology stea coined the term the ninety minute rule about coffee, suggesting the best time to drink your morning coffee for optimal productivity is ninety to one hundred and twenty minutes after waking up.
Speaker 2: Not a chance. Not This is set clip and chance.
Speaker 4: Who's going to wait an hour and a half for their first sip of coffee after they get up?
Speaker 2: Good lord?
Speaker 1: This is said to help you avoid the dreaded mid morning energy crash and cortisol spike which will affect your sleep. Mind his own, damn kidding. We're agreed on that. So complete change of topic here, Michael. We haven't played transition music in a long time. Do you have something good handy there at your fingertips? When we veer wildly from topic topics, sometimes it helps to put the palt cleanse the palate.
Speaker 2: There we go. That's us. I ain't got no cigarettes.
Speaker 1: That groove is just intoxicating. The great Roger Miller love it anyway. This is certainly the co finalist for the most important story any American could pay attention to. With the you know, small group of stories about how China is constantly attacking us. We're in a full on cold war as they're hacking into our phone systems and stealing our technology, and the America is lousy with Chinese spices. But the other one is the problem going on right now in France. Don't get hung up on the particulars of parliament and prime ministers and presidents. And wait a second, I thought Macrone was the president, but they have a parliamentary system.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Well they just had a no confidence vote, essentially throwing out their prime minister, even though he might stay in office because of some of the rules and REGs. But again, that's not the important part. The important part is this. They are in complete political gridlock because they have overspent their revenue so much and they are so saddled with debt.
Speaker 2: And expensive interest.
Speaker 1: Payments that they are going broke, and the measures it would take to fix the problem are so politically unpopular. The whole thing is crumbling and nobody knows what to do. Nobody can form a coalition, nobody can get elected. Telling the truth, France is nigh on screwed and we're about two strides, you know behind them.
Speaker 4: Well, how did you go broke? Gradually? Then suddenly one of the best things ever written about that, because that is what happens. It feels gradual till the point that it's just okay, now we're screwed. I'm screwed, the family screwed, whatever, the country's screwed.
Speaker 2: And then and then there's no fixing it.
Speaker 4: There's no coming back saying oh wait a second, I didn't know or something.
Speaker 2: It's no, you're done.
Speaker 1: Maybe you prefer the metaphor of the boiling frog, which is especially appropriate because we're talking about French people. There surely are their nickname on anybody. Yeah, anyway, So putting aside the particular parties and personalities, Marine la Penn, you've heard of her, the right winger and unruly alliances of leftist parties and Macron's so called moderates and all the worry about that, here's the deal. La Penn joined with leftist lawmakers backing the no confidence vote for the current prime minister dude after he said, look, here's sixty billion euros. It's about sixty three billion dollars. It's quaint by US monetary foolishness standards, but France is a much smaller country. He produced about seventy three billion dollars in spending cuts and tax increases. What he's trying to do is narrow France's deficit, which is going to reach more than six percent of their gross domestic product this year, which is double the European Union's limit because they have rules to keep everybody from going broken, then making everybody else bail them out like Grease did. But this Barnier is this guy's name. We just got voted out. He spoke to the Lower House as people were shouting at him. He had a solemn look on his face, and he said, look, we need to fix our finances. Spending more on servicing our debt than our entire defense budget. Quote, listen to me, this reality is here to stay and it won't disappear by the magic of emotion of censure. In other words, Okay, get rid of me. Get the next guy in. He's gonna have exactly the same problem and they're politically paralyzed.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: I started the show talking about Mitt Romney's speech yesterday, his leaving the Senate speech, when he talked about the thing that bothered him the most, he couldn't make any movement on bringing the parties together and doing something about our debt. And he mentioned, you realize that if we didn't have so much we are spending on just the interest payments on our debt, we could double our defense budget, or double our Social Security payments in Medicare payout, or double lots of things, he realized if we didn't have to pay, But we do, and nobody has any interest in doing anything about it, and it's only gonna get worse.
Speaker 1: Our spend thrift ways are a choice and they have re consequences, but there is zero political gain in putting that out. That is, so you're gonna eat your spinach, and we do not have an electric that is willing to eat spinach at this point. Just one more note on the French thing, and it's gonna be frustrating. And I know y'all are with us on this, but when the pooh hits the ventilation device, a huge percent of the population and a lot of the politicians are going to say.
Speaker 2: How did this happen? Right?
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna be slapping my forehead. But anyway, so Marine La Penn, who I agree with on a fair amount about immigration that sort of thing, said she was prepared to vote in favor of an extension. She was railing against Barnier's measures as an assault on working in middle class households that have borne the brunt of the cost of living crisis. This budget takes the French people hostage, she said.
Speaker 2: Good luck, well, good luck to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 4: And you know that's not good for the United States either, because France is one of our main allies. We end up in a full on war with China, France will be on our side and we'll need them.
Speaker 2: And if they're broke, they're less help.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I don't know. I just I think I'm resigned to the disaster. I just feel I think I am too. I think I am too.
Speaker 4: They're going to grow up in a different country than I did, a much weaker country with much higher taxes and lower services, which I don't care that much about. But it'll be a different it'll be a different country.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm looking for the energy that would be behind a reckoning with the problem and a summoning the will to fix it. And don't I don't find that energy anywhere.
Speaker 4: There are lots of people, slash families that do the same thing. You know, you got to get your act together. It could be your weight, it could be your credit card, it could be lots of different things. You know, you got to eat your act together. And when do you after the disaster hits, after the heart attack, after you actually get your car repossessed or lose your job after the disaster, and we are gonna have to have a.
Speaker 2: Disaster before we'll do anything about it.
Speaker 4: Well, not looking forward to super no kicking the gut. I'll just mention this briefly before we take a break. Did you see the pictures of Hunter Biden at Arby's.
Speaker 1: I missed that somehow.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've ever seen anybody look so happy. And when I saw the look on his face, I thought, you know, I get it, it makes sense.
Speaker 2: I hate it.
Speaker 4: But he was facing a miserable end to his life, he says, his early fifties. He's gonna spend five, ten, fifteen, twenty years in prison, right be broke forever. Well, and that's just the existing convictions, never mind all the crimes he may have, money laundering, Faarah violations, everything that his daddy preemptively pardoned him. His daddy declared that for an eleven year period, Hunter Biden was not subject to the laws of the United States, and if he broke a single one, all is forgiven preemptively, no matter what he did.
Speaker 1: Treason, murder, well that's a local church as well. But just it's o scene.
Speaker 4: So that guy who is facing prison and a whole bunch of other stuff getting uncovered and made his life even more miserable and ending up broke. As of Sunday Night is a fifty something, rich guy who's never going to jail. Every imagine the weight lifted off of his shoulders. Kind of funny that I ended up at the Arby's and Ventura.
Speaker 2: But the meats. They have the meats, So huh, where you're gonna go. You're gonna go where they have the meats. Got and so then the other story. If you haven't heard this, have you heard about who Joe Biden's talking about? Partning?
Speaker 4: I mean, this was reported yesterday by the great political reporter Jonathan Martin. We should tell you about that when we come back up on other things.
Speaker 7: I saw that as shopping mall in Los Angeles is charging one hundred and sixty five dollars for kids to meet Santa. Oh yeah, these kids are so rich Santa ask them for presents. Normally, if sitting on someone's lap costs one hundred and sixty five dollars, you're not.
Speaker 2: At the mall, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So this is a Los Angeles mall. If you know LA, it's a Westfield Mall in Century City, where I've been many times, not far from Beverly Hills. They have three pricey photo options for parents who want to have their kids take a photo and meet Santa. The get in price. The cheapest price called an Elf pass, is one hundred and nine dollars, which is just a regular ticket one hundred and nine bucks for the cheapo version. For parents that don't have time to wait as much as the peasants next to them, the Reindeer Express passes available for one hundred and twenty five. Then you got the VIP option one hundred and sixty five dollars, which comes with complimentary cookies and the elves will check you.
Speaker 2: In and you don't have to wait in line very long.
Speaker 4: You can't take any of your own photo, by the way, you can't stay there with your standard if your phone and click a picture of your kid on them saying his lap. You got to buy their official photos of course. Oh no, they'll tasy.
Speaker 1: If you try to do that, one of the elves will run at you with a taser and bring you to your knees.
Speaker 4: Take that, as Will Ferrell said, an Elf Santa sits on the throne of lies.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Christmas presents and that sort of thing, your favorite ANG fan would absolutely love some swag from the Ang superstore Armstrong and Giddy dot com. The premium Armstrong and Giddy Adidas hoodies are flying off the shelves. People of them, and it helps to keep everybody on the staff during these challenging times. So again, pick up some Ang swag.
Speaker 4: So Jonathan Martin's one of your top political reporters in America, and he put this out yesterday and it got a lot of attention. Top Biden aids are conducting a vigorous internal debate. So they're actually debating this over whether to issue preemptive pardons, which would be an extraordinary step to inoculate potential Trump targets from prosecution. At issue, whether to err on the side of protecting figures like Anthony Fauci.
Speaker 2: Freaking shift.
Speaker 4: Uh, the mister Russiagate Liz Cheney in case Trump pursues him.
Speaker 2: Hey, yours a people who engage in law fare. The Republicans don't do that, you scum bags, ye um.
Speaker 4: And the debate is over whether or not Biden should issue a pardon like he did with his son or avoid any suggestion of impropriety by handing out pardons. Such individuals are not even seeking over things they haven't nobody's even I mean, there haven't been pardons like this before. I was reading through a bunch of those the legal people jumping in as soon as this news broke yesterday. This would be a new territory for the pardon power of just there's a person that might somebody might come after them over something so their part and.
Speaker 2: I like them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll just put them above the law whatever might have seen. It is horrifying. If this gets through, I don't there will be a reckoning over the pardon power. One hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there has been a fair amount of talk among various legal people of whether or not we ought to rein that in or do away with it completely.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 4: Who's the guy who got shot in the duel Alexander Hamilton. He wrote the federal's paper arguing for the pardon power. But it perhaps relied on I'm stealing this from others smarter than me. It perhaps relied on certain kinds of people in the presidency that weren't going to abuse it. And then if you get a certain kind of person in the presency that's going to abuse it and it doesn't work anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honorable moral people don't need as many rules. Is not honorable people like an entire family that sells influence and there's money for instance. Oh boy, yeah, I can't imaginate it.
Speaker 4: I almost want Biden to do it kind of practically, like taking a page from the whole Marxist playbook of let's make things so awful they have to be rebuilt.
Speaker 2: Just you know, go.
Speaker 4: Go whole hog with this, do it, do just crazy pardons, and then let's have a real conversation of whether or not presidents ought to be able to do this or not, and in what way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if the media were not the lapdogs that they were, everybody would be talking about this all the time. It's an enormously important story. The idea of preemptively declaring people above the law for a decade or more of their lives. What the hell? The Founding fathers would be loading their muskets And this is not a call for any sort of violence. It's merely a phantasmagorical fantasy. They would be loading their muskets and saying time for another one round two? Here we go.
Speaker 4: What but they're vigor sleep debating it inside the White House right now. So who knows which direction they go or you know, they don't have to do all of them. Maybe they do Liz Cheney or just Adam Shift or whatever, but it will still be extraordinary.
Speaker 1: If they'll declare what they think they're guilty of, they need to be pardoned. I might be more patient with it.
Speaker 4: If you missed an hour of the show We do four. Get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty