Speaker 1: Okay, we always got to do it before we get a new update. Update one, Welcome to the podcast. Yes it is the Brook and Jeffrey Official Second Date Podcast.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: Alexis did not make a typo in the title of this did not today for one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it is an update update because.
Speaker 1: We are going to play you the original time that one of our couples was on and they went out again, and then they're going to check in with us on part three and let us know what's happened since they were on the show.
Speaker 3: So stick around for that. But first comments.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Daniella clesien Stroup said, hello, guys, I've always wondered why is Jeff never a part of the comment reading anyways, love y'all all the way from Denmark and Electric Shin replied to her and said, you have to be in a different tax bracket if you expect Jeff.
Speaker 3: To notice you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just his upbringing.
Speaker 3: He can't help it, you know. Yeah, so I guess that's a good explanation. We didn't need to answer or anything. We're not rich enough for Jeff. Nope, that's right. Yes, your new second date starts right now.
Speaker 5: When it comes to Giant dating, flags. We've heard you need to be aware of guys who are mama's boys or girls with daddy issues. But what about a red flag involving a totally different member of the immediate family.
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 6: And it's even weirder than the other two. Oh, that was definitely the case.
Speaker 5: For one couple we had on the show. Would they be able to overcome it? We're about to find out, because they're going to be back on for a special second date update update right after this broken Jeffrey.
Speaker 7: In the morning Second date updates.
Speaker 5: Ah, sports they're not just a good excuse for excessive drinking and yelling at referees.
Speaker 6: Sometimes they're a great way to accidentally meet somebody cute. Hey, and if you're playing them, get some exercise in while you're at it.
Speaker 5: Jeff apparently how one of our listeners met the girl he wants to call.
Speaker 6: Today through the magic of sports. Awesome.
Speaker 3: I love adult sports.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And were you watching sports or were you playing them?
Speaker 8: I was playing nice, Okay, I'm in a rec league as a soccer league.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, so you're athletics.
Speaker 1: I was in one of those for a while and the games were like at eleven o'clock at night.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yeah, games, Yes, the whole point is to roll it into like a social activity afterwards, Like you don't want to do it in the morning, that's weird.
Speaker 3: They drink after Maybe I was too old for it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: So that's cool. You're in a rec soccer league. And who did you meet?
Speaker 8: There was this new player, Hannah oh on your team. They put her on our team. She just signed up and they put her on our team. Cool, and I thought, wow, she's really cute.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, I got.
Speaker 6: To play good today, bring my a game.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 8: I ended up scoring the winning goal.
Speaker 1: Nice, you did it, very exciting.
Speaker 8: Actually, he congratulate me, and everybody was all happy and everything.
Speaker 5: And did Hannah jump into your arms and give you a big kiss right on the mouth.
Speaker 8: No, but I got a high five at that point.
Speaker 6: I got just as good.
Speaker 3: Second best thing. Yeah, wait, is this the dat? Or did you finally ask her out?
Speaker 8: Well, afterwards, we often go out drinking the team, and so she went out with us and we started talking and I found some things about her, like she likes the cattle barn and she had the cad. She's funny.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but you sound smitten.
Speaker 5: The fact that you remember two details about her. We are absolutely over the movie.
Speaker 3: It's like the way he's saying it, like through a smile, like, Okay.
Speaker 7: She's so cute.
Speaker 9: I mean, I can't even.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's been a couple of years I've been single. So she checked all the boxes.
Speaker 3: Ah, okay, so did you find out if she's single?
Speaker 8: I mean, so we're talking and you know, and she left before I did. I went outside the bar and I was like, maybe it's okay if I could ask you.
Speaker 6: Out all right. What was her response, Well, she kind a.
Speaker 8: Hand and out, Yeah, I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 8: I was like, but I didn't give up.
Speaker 7: I was like, come on, if it doesn't work, we'll just go back.
Speaker 8: To being you know, soccer teammate.
Speaker 3: Right, there's nothing to lose. It's not like you guys were friends previously.
Speaker 7: Exactly.
Speaker 8: I was like, come on, just give it a shot. And I got her to say, you know, let me think about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, you gotta let me think about it.
Speaker 5: Women absolutely love a man drunkenly begging them to give them a chance and go out, like come.
Speaker 6: On immediately, if you keep asking.
Speaker 5: I don't know, she could say, oh, he's persistent, or she could be like he's a little thirsty enough.
Speaker 6: Just so that you wouldn't have to keep on.
Speaker 3: Saying yeah, did she think about it?
Speaker 8: Well, we exchanged numbers and she texted me later saying Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 3: So she really did think about it. That's better because she meant it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So where'd you guys go?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 8: Nowhere? Next day she changed her mind.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 8: I got effect from her and she was it's like maybe it's not a good idea.
Speaker 6: Oh no, again, she's like.
Speaker 3: Right in the middle.
Speaker 6: She's like part of her was like not really, and then part was like actually.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well the drunk part of her is like maybe, and then the sober parts like this is a mistake.
Speaker 3: She needs to stop thinking so much.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know, I agree. I mean, you know, I was like, you know, you want to That's what I.
Speaker 6: Was thinking, you know.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So after that, did she show up to the next game or the next.
Speaker 8: The next game she didn't even show up, And I was thinking, oh man, I made her uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: You know, and it doesn't I mean, everything you did is pretty innocent. I don't know that it should be something that would make her so uncomfortable to not show up unless you're not telling us everything.
Speaker 5: Are you being one hundred percent truthful with all the details.
Speaker 8: And there's nothing I can think of that I'm leaving out that I did anything dopey or anything.
Speaker 3: And no unsolicited photos also got sent to.
Speaker 8: Her phone.
Speaker 5: When you were begging her for a date. Did you have your pants on at the time?
Speaker 7: I did?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 5: Sure, I mean, I know seems like ridiculous questions, but I swear you have no idea how many times we've been blindsided In the second part of these calls.
Speaker 6: With the details that come out, you'd be like, yeah, you lit himself on fire. Oh, I forgot to mention that. I don't think that was important.
Speaker 5: Okay, So, and how long has it been since you last spoke with Hannah.
Speaker 8: It's been over almost two weeks a week and a half of those text day.
Speaker 6: See if she even remembers you still.
Speaker 1: Oh, she'll remember if she didn't show up at the game, there's a reason.
Speaker 5: Well, we'll come back and we'll try to find out why your brand new teammate on your innermural soccer team doesn't want to go out on a date or even show up to.
Speaker 6: The games anymore. Now, Yeah, rude, we'll confront her right after.
Speaker 7: This Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Second Date Updates.
Speaker 1: You're in the middle of a second Date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you.
Speaker 3: Here part two.
Speaker 6: If you're just joining us for this second date update.
Speaker 5: Our listener, Brian played a little game of intramural soccer and scored more than just the winning goal. He scored a love connection with his new female teammate, Hannah. Okay, Hannah a true soccer battie or Saddie as we're to call her soccer baddie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, coming up.
Speaker 3: With a but I thought it was Saddy because she wasn't calling a back.
Speaker 5: It will so many different levels. I'm coming up with all sorts of fool slang for the gen z ers to use. Fine, it's gonna be for Jen Alpha. They'll pick it up and they'll actually appreciate it. The whole team, though, went and grabbed drinks together after their game, and Hannah told Brian she'd be open to going out with him.
Speaker 3: After he asked her nine times.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, persistent in fact, she texted him that later on in the night and then suddenly changed her mind the very next day. Classic saddie behavior. Yeah, but now we're stepping in. We're going to try and fix it, Brooke.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Your take, oh, my take? Hey, he's going to ask you take it away.
Speaker 1: My take is after she got home, she had a couple more glasses of wine and was binging her favorite show, and it's like, ah.
Speaker 3: Fine, I'll go out with him.
Speaker 1: And then the next morning she's like, what is I thinking? Yeah, but I don't think that means that we can't convince her.
Speaker 5: Stilf Brian, what do you think of Brooks theory that she's addicted to alcohol?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 8: I hope not. I hope she feels the same way when she's not drinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think you need to come up with a prose list.
Speaker 8: Okada, No, no.
Speaker 1: Just pros, just like reasons she should say yes, like you kept asking her, but you didn't give.
Speaker 4: Her why you know you love making pros and cons list of guys yus.
Speaker 6: Just see what happens. Hello, Hey is this Hannah?
Speaker 7: Yes? This is Hannah?
Speaker 10: Who is this?
Speaker 5: This is a radio show calling you called brook and Jeffrey in the morning, but I like that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 5: You're probably not used to having a radio show call. But this is a segment that we're doing called a second date update. It's when someone goes out on a date with another person, or they met somebody really cool and they're not getting a call back for a second meetup. We can reach out on their behalf to try and help them figure out why. And Okay, in this scenario, you met a guy recently named Brian.
Speaker 10: Right, but I don't understand I didn't ever go on a first date with him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, okay, we know that he did tell us.
Speaker 5: But according to him, you said yes to going out on a date with him and then changed your mind the next day and didn't even show up to the soccer game.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, fine. He just wants to know, maybe why why you changed your mind?
Speaker 7: How much do you know? What do you want to ask me?
Speaker 5: I mean, the snapshot of what we know is you played soccer together, you went and grabbed drinks afterwards, you said yesterday, but then changed your mind.
Speaker 6: The next day.
Speaker 10: Right, So I am single. And one of the reasons that I wanted to play soccer on this in this league is because I wanted to meet other people.
Speaker 7: In the city, and.
Speaker 10: If I'm being honest, I looked up all the guys on the roster just to see their status.
Speaker 6: I want to in case somebody else.
Speaker 7: Well, not necessarily, so I was actually.
Speaker 10: Disappointed because every single man on the team is married.
Speaker 6: Oh wait.
Speaker 10: It was confusing. I'm not sure what he is because he is kissing a woman in his pictures.
Speaker 7: From like, you know, they're not that old.
Speaker 10: And I just I was like, okay, I don't want to get involved with any drama.
Speaker 1: And so so you think he's Brian's in a relationship.
Speaker 7: Yes, at the very.
Speaker 5: Least, you might be totally right. He could be absolutely married and lying to us. But it would be strange to have him reach out to our show and have him listening to this call the entire time, because I need to let you know, Hannah, he is there listening to this.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Brian, So wait, you snooped on all our media pages.
Speaker 6: That's weird.
Speaker 7: That's not weird. People do it all the time. And it's not like I was digging through it.
Speaker 10: I just wanted to see what everyone's relationship status was before I embarrass myself.
Speaker 5: That's and the fact that you're not immediately coming out saying I'm not married is a big red flag here.
Speaker 8: Brian's well, I'm not married. It's an easy explanation. Okay, I know exactly what picture.
Speaker 3: Okay, have you kissing another woman.
Speaker 8: That's my sister?
Speaker 6: Oh that makes so much sense.
Speaker 7: No, that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 10: You are kissing her on the mouth and you're holding her waist.
Speaker 8: What the heck?
Speaker 3: And if it is, that's even more worrisome than.
Speaker 5: On biological sister or sister, because clueless opened the door to a.
Speaker 3: Little bit, right, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Listen, we're a close family, okay, and it's not weird to us.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you would be comfortable introducing Hannah to the woman that was in that photo my sister?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I mean, do you not, like, you know, I don't know if you have a brother or do you not kiss your brother or you're now I do not?
Speaker 6: Okay, well we do.
Speaker 3: I don't think kissing on the limps with family is weird. I know you're gonna be like, oh, Brooke doesn't think that's weird.
Speaker 5: Of course you don't think cousins is weird, but like posting a photo of it, and also holding their waist at the same time.
Speaker 1: Is yeah, there's something sensual about that? Yeah, where it doesn't feel.
Speaker 8: There's nothing sensual about it from my point of view.
Speaker 9: Okay, maybe you are right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have the question I think is going to finally clear everything up here. Brian, have you gone to second base with her?
Speaker 6: Is that a family thing?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: All right, he has a limit.
Speaker 7: Anna.
Speaker 8: I wish you would have texted me and just asked me like, hey, who are you kissing this picture? I mean, I wouldn't have gone on to the radio to find this.
Speaker 7: Oultum.
Speaker 4: You should have tag your sister so she could have stalked your whole family on social media too, figured it out.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 8: I did have her tag, but recently she said could you take the tag off because she thought it was weird?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: So maybe it was just a photo that was taken at the.
Speaker 1: Wrong time, and it's a totally innocent thing, Hannah, It's just a tongue.
Speaker 10: It wasn't just one picture.
Speaker 7: He had like half a dozen on here.
Speaker 5: Half It doesn't wait half a dozen sisters or half a dozen pictures.
Speaker 7: Of kissing his sister.
Speaker 3: I didn't have that many photos of my brother's normal.
Speaker 6: Family.
Speaker 9: Come on, guys, I don't know, not weird to us, Guys. It's my sister, you know, I mean, I don't. I don't know what else to say.
Speaker 6: You guys is like, why why is this so weird?
Speaker 3: Okay, we're all ganging up on Brian right now.
Speaker 1: And Hannah, what if he really is just a good family guy.
Speaker 3: That's a positive.
Speaker 7: Thing, I know it is. I mean, listen the fact that he got on the radio and wanted to go out with me so badly. I appreciate that gesture.
Speaker 3: And he's taken this pretty well, like you're going hard.
Speaker 5: And I'm sir Brian would be willing to have his sister call you directly and be like nothing has ever happened between and.
Speaker 3: Rate him on how good he is at kissing.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's nice.
Speaker 8: Kissing with my sister, Okay, kissing my and kissing someone I'm interested is totally different.
Speaker 1: Okay, know that, Okay, And maybe part of the reason that you were so upset by the picture is you were a little bit jealous, Hannah.
Speaker 7: So yeah, I do, I do. I'm interested. Okay, that's weird that it's his sister, and it might take me a while to get over that.
Speaker 6: Well maybe okay, take a day, but in the midtime.
Speaker 8: No, no, don't let her take a day. That's times she changed her mind.
Speaker 6: Oh right, okay, you have five seconds to decide. Would you like another date with Brian?
Speaker 7: Okay, yes, I will give him another chance?
Speaker 8: Kiss h.
Speaker 3: Related So yeah, come on.
Speaker 7: Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Well, looky here, Brian and Hannah both back on today to give us a quick update on their life. And I'm just gonna start with Hannah real quick, because when we last spoke to you, Hannah, you obviously had a lot of hesitation about dating a proud sister kiss her.
Speaker 6: How has for you?
Speaker 7: So it did take me a while to get over that part. And I actually met his family and he wasn't wrong. They are extremely loving with each other.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, in a positive way.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, I mean it surprised me because his sister even kissed me on.
Speaker 10: The mouth when she first met me.
Speaker 3: The first meeting. Do they drink a lot in that family.
Speaker 6: Kids, Well, the dad got in on the action.
Speaker 7: Yeah, dad got in on the action. But not on the mouth.
Speaker 3: Though, okay yet.
Speaker 7: No, no, but it is true his family does really kiss a lot like his whole family does it.
Speaker 6: It's nice.
Speaker 10: And I actually got to witness Brian and his sister kissing yesterday for a very long time.
Speaker 3: What do you mean by that very long time?
Speaker 8: For like over a week.
Speaker 1: You didn't see your sister for over a week, so you gave her a long smack on the lips have a secret kiss, like, yeah, tell many seconds are they kissing for?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 10: I don't know, and I'm really just still definitely getting used to it.
Speaker 7: But okay, we are together and things are going really well.
Speaker 3: That's good. Have you tried the kissing with your own family?
Speaker 7: No, my family's opposite.
Speaker 6: Okay, well that's good.
Speaker 5: You could just save it all up for when you're over with Brian and his family and get it all.
Speaker 7: Out of your system exactly.
Speaker 3: Both of you.
Speaker 1: I mean, we didn't hear much from you, Brian except yelling about your dad kissing.
Speaker 8: Going great and my whole family loves.
Speaker 6: That's really nice. We don't want any more details.
Speaker 5: Thank you for going on the show. Guys, continue to keep us updated. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.