Speaker 1: Second date, up date. How many times have we heard guys come on this show and say, oh, man, I have a full proof way of meeting hot available ladies and it works every time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they're always on the show with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Today, though, shoe is on the other foot, because there's a woman on the phone who apparently has her own sneaky way of how to meet cute single dudes, and I wonder if we're going to be shaking our heads at her too. Let's walk into the show, Lily, Lily, how you doing.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm good. Thanks, how are you doing good?
Speaker 2: Are you outside of a clinic as we speak?
Speaker 3: You found me out? Now I know why he won't call me back.
Speaker 1: We're curious about this strategy that you have, but first tell us about the guy.
Speaker 3: Well, the guy and the strategy kind of go hand in hand.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well, in that case, race what I just said and tell us about the strategy.
Speaker 3: Man. I guess it sounds silly, but it always cheers me up. So I was having a really bad day, and when I have bad days, I take a little a cue from out of the Breakfast at Tiffany's Handbook, where I'll dress up and make myself feel really pretty. And I'll go to like some random store and if there's a cute guy that's working there, I'll, i don't know, maybe put on a little bit of the stupid girl act and get him to sort of try to talk.
Speaker 2: To me, and what like are these shoes shopping? Ye can see air?
Speaker 3: But it just it makes me feel a little bit better about myself when I'm feeling down. So this particular day, I went to a pet store.
Speaker 2: And oh, okay, I was picturing you in a mall or something, all right.
Speaker 4: I was like, it's full of high school work.
Speaker 3: We're in a pet store, a pet store, and you know, there's always cute animals, which is delightful, and there's a really cute guy working there.
Speaker 1: A guy who likes animals.
Speaker 3: Right exactly. So I'm so wandering around like the cat section, like with the cat beds and stuff. And when he passed by, I said, I'm so sorry. These dogbeds just look so itty bitty, like do you have anything a little bigger? Then he's all like, oh, you're in the cat section, here's the dog beds. And we kind of hit it off and we started chatting and Okay.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you use it as a conversation starter basically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see how that would work for a guy, because dudes like to come in and be helpful and knowledgeable to a woman to make them feel good too.
Speaker 2: We would not pick up that you were acting yeah, more helpless.
Speaker 4: This is an opportunity to explain.
Speaker 2: I couldnot resist.
Speaker 1: And so did we learn this guy's name yet?
Speaker 3: Well, his name is Ethan and today he's really cute. He was really sweet. I actually really liked him, and we kind of hit it often. We ended up exchanging numbers.
Speaker 1: Okay, man, you are.
Speaker 2: Good at this.
Speaker 3: Well, gosh, there's the rest of the story. So I didn't hear anything from him, and so I tried texting him and just said, oh, you know, you were so helpful, and I just have like a couple other questions, like are you going to be in tonight? When we the working next? Could I like drop in? And he wasn't really responding and when he would he would never be working. When I was like, oh are you going to be in?
Speaker 4: I mean, do you think you made it too professional and not flirty enough on the text?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I was trying to make it flirty. Okay, there are a fewel things in there, like I just such a great time chatting with and you're so helpful, and yeah.
Speaker 1: Is there anything in your mind, like thinking back on your interaction where maybe something could have been off or weirded him out.
Speaker 3: The only thing I can think of is that he really thinks that I'm stupid.
Speaker 1: Well there's a fine line, right.
Speaker 2: That is the chance you play when you play the dumb game.
Speaker 3: Right, So here's my thing. I have a master's. I graduated from Oxford. Like, oh, I know that maybe sometimes I can be a little intimidating. So part of it is just like I don't know, I'm trying to counter that. I'm trying to like make myself more approachable and just you.
Speaker 1: Know, well maybe like trying out like the dog food and tasting it yourself on the line.
Speaker 4: But you guys never hung out, right, You never went on any sort of day outside of the pet store.
Speaker 3: No, And that's what I was trying to make happen, you know. And and it just he wasn't really writing me back, and when he would, it was always just like I'm not working.
Speaker 4: Oh oh that's also like, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's a good sign.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if it is something like I just blew it, like my icebreaker went horribly awry, I'd love your help to make me fix it a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna we're gonna call Ethan for you here in just a second. If I could figure out how to use this darn phone which button, I'm just gonna have somebody else do this for me. Anyway, we'll come back call Ethan. Get your second Date update right after this second Date update if you missed the first part of today's Second Date, our caller Lily Yeah, actually has a lot in common with someone else on this show. What's that talking about? Jose blangyos really? Because Lily admitted she kind of acted a little bit silly, played up her dumbness in order to meet someone of the opposite gender, and Jose does the exact same thing every single day on this show. It is true, believe it or I actually got decent grades in school. I'm not that he's playing it down. He actually has a doctorate from Harvard In they spell kinesiology for everyone. I don't even know what's see humble. Yeah, I love that about it.
Speaker 2: I just he's so smart.
Speaker 1: He really is but said that, you guys really don't think I'm smart like his love life. Maybe Lily played it up a little bit too much when she met at the pet store. She's worried. Maybe that's the reason he's not meeting up with her a second time.
Speaker 2: I mean it could be uncute to a certain point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was the one who was like, oh, this is brilliant because guys want to help. But I also agree there's a fine line. Was a total idiot. You don't want to date that either.
Speaker 2: Are you ready to be as smarty around him, Lily?
Speaker 3: Because in the middle, well, no, I mean I want to be with somebody who likes me for who I naturally am. But you know, I understand that it's not always great to start things out guns blazing with you Knowony Granger.
Speaker 4: You just have to get smarter, smart, right, n He didn't go to Oxford, She went to Hogwarts, very.
Speaker 1: Similar the same country. All Right, I feel like we're blowing everybody's iq who's listening, So let's just call it all right? Good luck to us. Hello, Hey, we're looking for Ethan speaking. Oh Hey, sorry, Bud, is this a bad time to call you?
Speaker 5: You sound like you're no, I just didn't recognize the number. I don't what's up? Who is this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're a radio show, so we're gonna need you to pick up your energy to help our ratings.
Speaker 2: If we don't need to.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm just used to the sales calls that I'm pretty worried.
Speaker 2: I'm one of those that answers them all too.
Speaker 1: We're not really trying to sell you anything. We're trying to actually hook you up with one of our listeners. We'd love to take you off our list.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, okay, what's the scoop? I'm listening.
Speaker 1: Okay. This is a woman that you've actually already met at the pet store where you work at. Her name's Lily.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you remember Lily?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I yes, I do.
Speaker 1: Okay, can we ask what you thought about her?
Speaker 5: Oh? Gosh, I don't say it's it's not so much what I think about her. She seems great. It's just you know, circumstances around you know, the pet store and everything, and like, hold on are circumstances?
Speaker 1: Hold on?
Speaker 2: Are you in a relationship? That's what it sounds like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, No, let me ask you a really easy question. Are you into Lily. Do you like her?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just don't think the way that you know, through the pet store and everything like, it just wouldn't be appropriate. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Like, it doesn't mean according to Lily, you gave her your phone number so you could understand how she should be a little bit confused that you're not wanting to hang out with her, because she says she's tried several times.
Speaker 5: So to listen, in my defense, she's tried to meet me at the pet store for advice.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I don't know.
Speaker 4: You keep saying it's not appropriate with the pet store. What's yeah, is there a pet store policy the store?
Speaker 5: So yeah, I don't want to hang out at the store.
Speaker 1: Okay, so hang out outside of the store. What's the problem.
Speaker 4: I think she's just using that as an opening to like talk to you. I don't think that that means like she would love if you asked her out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just I don't know. I'm not in a place right now where I was really even expecting something like this. I just I'm hesitant. There's you know, there's other things. It's it's sort of complicated. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Not really? And maybe maybe it's something where you don't want to talk to us because you don't know us. But it might be better if you just told Lily directly, because she's actually on the other line right now and has been listening to this entire conversation.
Speaker 5: Dude. Oh yeah, hey Ethan.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I was listening and a lot of it didn't really make sense to me either. I just I thought you were really cool and you know, whatever it is, I just I love to know and you know, sort this out.
Speaker 5: No, I'm sorry, I'll cut to it. I don't really work there.
Speaker 4: What Wait, what do you say you don't work in the past.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well not anymore.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing. It's not like I got I got fired or anything. It's just that it was It's complicated. Uh, it's so I was doing community service?
Speaker 1: What voluntary community service? No?
Speaker 5: But he really has that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, that's just called volunteering, Jack, You don't call it community service.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I have a question, did you?
Speaker 3: I mean, I would also like to know if this was in voluntary community service.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it was. It was court ordered.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 4: Listen, people do all sorts of dumb things at certain points in their life.
Speaker 2: You sound like you are doing the time for what you did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm definitely getting right again.
Speaker 3: I just asked if this was just for something stupid or like if you happen to murder someone him.
Speaker 5: Well, with murder, they don't really let you do community service yea, like.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know what, you took out three people? You know what, go to the pet stol Yeah.
Speaker 5: Nothing like that. I really don't want to get into it. Yeah, sure, but I will say this. It did get me on TV, and that part was kind of cool.
Speaker 1: You sound proud of it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Wait, so TV gets to know, but radio doesn't get to know. Come on, throw us a bone, send us a link to watch it.
Speaker 5: I'm not going into it. I don't want any more attention.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's let's move aside from the court stuff.
Speaker 2: But that was so fun.
Speaker 5: Job.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the point of why we're calling. It's trying to get you and Lily to go out. What do you think about seeing Lily away from the pet store or from schools?
Speaker 2: We don't know what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, situation.
Speaker 5: One hundred feet up and nothing like that. I can still go by schools.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, this is the kind of detective work we're doing for you, Lily.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I appreciate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the idea of hanging out with Lily sounds good.
Speaker 5: No, it does. It's just I'm I'm a mess right now. I'm kind of a working process.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, if if I can jump in really fast, if it's okay, Ethan, I'm I'm so sorry that you're feeling this way. And I honestly I don't care like I You seem really cool, you seem awesome. I'd love to get to know you better. I mean, we all we all do silly things, you know. When I when I met you at the pet store, I had been having like the worst day ever, and I, you know, got gussied up, and I was trying to cheer myself up and was probably acting a little silly and dumber than I really am. Just with a really cute guy who I liked, and I'd love for both of us to just sort of get to know each other for who we really are.
Speaker 5: Listen, I appreciate that. I just I feel right now that I am not composed enough to deserve somebody like you.
Speaker 3: Well, and I'm very sweet, but I'd love to be the judge of that.
Speaker 4: It sounds kind of like a project a little bit, Lily. I mean, he's saying he's not ready to date. He's got to work on himself.
Speaker 1: Girls love projects.
Speaker 2: Not a good idea.
Speaker 1: They've ever done a second date where it's been so hard to convince a convicted felon to go a felony whatever it was, is happy to look past all of your transgressions that you've done in your life and give you another chance. And we'll give you a chance and even pay for that date.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, we're all going out on the limb free if you yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. I appreciate you paying for the first one, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll pay for the next five days. You're going to bankrupt, bro.
Speaker 4: How about he just keeps Lily's number and when he's ready, can he text you?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, totally, But I mean I have to say, you know, it doesn't sound like you're really that into it, and I'm not. You know, I if you were interested, you'd be interested. So you're right, You're right.
Speaker 5: The way I'm looking at it is I got to get right for me to be right for somebody else.
Speaker 2: Maybe if you showed the clips, she'd stop asking.
Speaker 1: Translation, He'll call you when the ankle monitors allowed to come off.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. I guess I can't get someone smart or dumb.
Speaker 1: Don't be so hard on yourself, Lily. You can't even get someone with a criminal record either. Somebody there.
Speaker 2: Kidding brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: It's funny when people openly brag about being on TV. I know Brooke does it all the time. She hops on her Insta stories and goes, look at me, I'm on a local daytime TV show. I'm better than you.
Speaker 2: I don't say that it sounds like someone's jealous. It's just a right jealous. But that's cute. I have been searching for this guy on Google. I cannot find what his crime is. It is driving me nuts.
Speaker 1: The thing is bragging about being on daytime TV is different than being on the news, which is where he was. And I'm just trying to think positive about it. I'm going to think that he was in the background of like a weather shot on the seven o'clock news, and.
Speaker 4: That's why you get arrested and have to do a community service.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, he was like some meteorologists was trying to report on a storm, and he was in the back waving I want something juicy in the crowd during a sports report at the stadium.
Speaker 4: I want like naked shoplifting charge or something like that.
Speaker 2: You know, give us something dirty.
Speaker 1: You want dirty, it's more fun. I'm trying to stay pause. I don't believe he was the top story of the night, Okay, although let's be honest, he probably was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we couldn't help him today get a second day, but we could help you email the show. We'll call that person who wasn't calling you back.
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning