Speaker 1: Dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys. This is Nick shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And here it is Thanksgiving. Yes, time for a stampede line. I don't did they play this before the nineteen sixty six Thanksgiving Day game sixty don't know that was the first one.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think they probably did.
Speaker 3: It was your halftime entertainment. It has gone from stampede to dolly.
Speaker 1: I bet it was a marching high school marching bank tried or grambling one of them.
Speaker 4: No grambling jams. That was not a jam.
Speaker 3: And here we are getting you ready for your Thanksgiving Day. Many things to be thankful for, and one of those is the fact we can watch the Cowboys every Thanksgiving Day. True, So fifty sixth year that the Cowboys have played on Thanksgiving Day, have only missed a couple since nineteen sixty six. That was nineteen seventy five and nineteen seventy seven, back when Everson Walls was a Burkner Ram.
Speaker 4: That's right, baby seventy five. I wasn't even playing sports.
Speaker 3: You weren't You were a late bloomer.
Speaker 4: Weren't you? No, I was a.
Speaker 3: We're thankful for your honesty.
Speaker 4: I was not a late bloomer. Well some weather of a late bloomer. Yeah, yeah, we have to talk.
Speaker 1: Did you watch the games though?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 3: Of course, of course, yes, of course. In fact, one of the great memories would have been the triumph of the uncluttered mind. Yes. In nineteen seventy five, Clint Longley comes off the bench to Drew Pearson against this Washington team.
Speaker 1: Which, by the way, I was just referencing it in my mix shots for the website. That one year. We were in Georgetown before a Washington game and we started chatting up this guy and he was a big Redskins fan or Redskins fan, they were the Redskins back then. And we started talking. He goes, I'll just tell you this, I'm still sick to my stomach about that Clint Longley that upset my Thanksgiving Day meal. And this would have been somewhere in the nineties, right, so twenty some years later or thirty years later, this guy was still sick about it.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, it's amazing true, was just that guy. I mean, there was always a the moment. He was always big in the moment. You know, how does he get deep on people as slow as he how faster than Drew? And when he always seemed to get he would admit that for a touchdown. I mean, he just he had that knack. He had the ability to use everything that he had, and he didn't have much. He didn't have much at all.
Speaker 1: You know, and that's why, you know it was so hard for him to get into the Pro Football Hall of Fame because they start looking at stats and they should have started counting moments right right right then that's worth being preserved. So, Savannah, did you watch Cowboys on Thanksgiving? Growing up? I did a chance, I did, Yes.
Speaker 5: Like I can recall a few games that we watched on things. I mean, we always had football on in the house, so it's just one of those thingsgiving traditions. I can't recall any specific games, but I will say my parents are big Vikings fans. So they're from Minnesota, so they used to.
Speaker 3: Write, so they remember nineteen eighty seven when the Minnesota Vikings game the Texas Stadium. It was a classic game.
Speaker 5: So yes, I'm sure that game was.
Speaker 3: Forty four thirty eight Vikings won.
Speaker 4: That was a crazy game. It was Oh my god. I was looking at that the other day so much.
Speaker 3: Renfro's game, which Mike Renfro, yes, yep, yes, he had a huge game for the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: That's my I call it my favorite white boy time. I see it, dude, man, I love I just remember watching them practice, and you know, he used to be a speech to you know, back in the day. Then he messed his knee up, and just watching him run on that knee, he would kind of use it to his advantage because you know, you think he's running slowly, but he's really not. And then he puts these moves down with that that leg, and it didn't look like it was natural. So he was really, you know, odd, an odd route runner. But he was very good. I remember against the Patriots, we were in Boston and it was fourth and something, and I remember, for some reason, the pet the corner back he bites on an out route. It's like fourth and twenty. He bites on an out route, and I look up and I'm on the sideline. We're about to lose the game. I'm on the sideline and the ball. Danny threw a ball that was one of the prettiest passes I've ever seen in my life. It looked like it was coming right at me, and I was like, wow, it's such a pretty pass. And I looked down the sidelines and there is Renfro running all by himself, and that was the prettiest sight I've ever seen, was him bringing that ball in. And I remember they teased me about it afterwards because I was so excited. I was, you know, I gonna do that there. I was doing the town and I don't know why. I was so geeked up about that moment. So they said they clowned me in the offensive room when I did that. When you did it, yeah, like the episode was really excited about this game.
Speaker 1: You know, I was.
Speaker 3: I was a twenty three seventeen win over the Patriots. Over time, it does, since.
Speaker 4: I think that's when Herschel went off off tackle.
Speaker 3: On the left November fifteenth, nineteen eighty seven. That was two weeks prior to that Thanksgiving Day game.
Speaker 1: I was at that game.
Speaker 4: I think that was over time. Yeah, because my boy Chandler through the block.
Speaker 1: Didn't you go like forty something else sixty yards or something for the winning touchdown.
Speaker 3: I remember that it was overtime. What a great memory. And it was Herschel's sixty yards for the touchdown.
Speaker 1: If I remember, it was like really cold, Yes it was.
Speaker 4: I think that's the real around the winners because it was at the old It was at the old one of course Lett Stadium. Yes, one way in, one way out.
Speaker 1: So growing up, I was thankful for the Cowboys because they were on television around three or three thirty and we have big family Thanksgiving dinner in the basement of my aunt Pat's house. And when we finished dinner, I was like, well, I got to go watch football, and my aunts would go, yeah, Mickey's got to watch football. So I was excused to go upstairs because there's only one TV in the house.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Then the next thing I know, my uncles are coming up. They go, well, we got to keep Mickey company and they come up and fall asleep.
Speaker 4: Downstairs.
Speaker 1: Yeah they didn't either.
Speaker 3: You would have your turkey dinner but prior to the game, right, that's.
Speaker 5: Going to say before or after eating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what the lines after the Lions game is for the dinner. It's the background for background, always background, and then about two thirty three o'clock everyone collapses on the couch or on the floor in front of the TV. You get your nap in before the game starts at three third. That's why they pushed the kick off back to three thirty. Get their nap end and.
Speaker 4: It's all playing around it.
Speaker 1: Now after all these years, it's Thanksgivings just Thursday.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Well that's the thing like for football people, people that are involved with football, there's not a holiday really, yeah, you know if you're on a team. And that that goes for college for most colleges that are playing this weekend. Some some seasons are over before Thanksgiving. But I mean even for even for teams that are not playing on Thursday, Thursday is a heavy practice day around there.
Speaker 1: And you play Friday and then you play Saturday.
Speaker 3: And as far as college.
Speaker 5: Goes, except if you're Ole Miss Mississippi State. You got the egg Bowl on And I'm.
Speaker 3: Glad you brought that up because this is actually the ten year anniversary of Dak Prescott. One of the great Egg Bowl games ever played was Dak. It was ten years ago. Three weeks earlier, early November's mom had passed away and that and a few days after that he played against Texas A and m got hurt and it was that one of those like a rock party injury where he actually couldn't feel anything in his arm whatever, And so he rehabbed it for a couple of weeks whatever, And so he was not cleared to play in the Egg Bowl against mississ against Mississippi, and so he's on the bench throughout the game and Mississippi State falls behind and fourth quarter here comes Dak off the bench and he not only can throw the football, he you know, we not only can run the football, but he can throw it to and he scored the winning touchdown to beat Ole Miss And that egg Bowl that was ten years ago. That was the first time really that Dak got on the national map, so to speak. But really cool moment in his career.
Speaker 1: So forty years ago was when I covered my last egg Bowl, covered three of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was there.
Speaker 1: Miss Mississippi stated was a thing. That was a big.
Speaker 6: Oh aug Mississippi ri The stadiums at that time weren't big enough for that big of a game, so they played it at Mississippi Memorial Stadium in Jackson.
Speaker 1: We did We did. We had a special section for the newspaper just on the egg Bowl, and we would write a story about each quarter. There would be a story on each quarter in the paper.
Speaker 4: The next day. Uh.
Speaker 1: And I remember one it was a windy day and I think Mississippi State was trying to kick the winning field goal and it was a short chip shot, but it was into the wind. The wind was blowing so hard that the ball got to the goal the crossbar and it blew it backs. Did you win the game?
Speaker 3: Did you cover the Archie Manning egg Bowl when he played?
Speaker 1: No, Sorry, that would have been just a tad before my mind.
Speaker 3: Not far, but a little before. Oh yeah, John four k, John four k, Yeah, absolutely, all right, our Mississippi State talk. We're to continue in a moment. That was all miss Yeah. Ever since, do you have any fond memories of Thanksgiving Day games yourself?
Speaker 4: No, not really. I mean, I just it was always just hectic, that's all.
Speaker 3: You like me to remind you of some games you played.
Speaker 4: I surge, I was doing. Yeah, I was jotting down.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 4: I was. I was.
Speaker 3: He asked me what I was doing. I studying Everson Walls, So I'm studying Thanksgiving Days with Everson starting in nineteen eighty one. Did you know, Everson that you won the first five Thanksgiving Day games you played in.
Speaker 4: I knew we had a street going. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Eighty one through eighty five you were winner, you walked off the field winners. Eighty six through eighty nine, you walked off the field losers. You were so you were five. And you know what, if you go back through history, you'll find that usually when the Cowboys have a good team, they win on Thanksgiving Day, and when they're not so good, they lose on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: That's what my research taught me. When everybody said, well, the Cowboys have an unfair advantage on Thanksgiving, and it's like, yeah, and when they were bad, it wasn't unfair, right, exactly what Bill said.
Speaker 3: You had two picks, by the way, in your second Thanksgiving Day game against Cleveland in nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Now, Ricky, feature when you finished with seven right picks that year? Seven rookie year.
Speaker 3: It was eighty two.
Speaker 1: It's a short and nine games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, they would have had.
Speaker 1: Has anybody had seven other than digs?
Speaker 4: Since you mean in the NFL, no for the the Cowboys. No, no, dig is the only one that got that close.
Speaker 1: So eleven and seven, yeah, and that's nobody with more. And right now Bland has, by the way.
Speaker 3: The NFC Defensive Player of the Week. Deron, Yeah, we love that.
Speaker 1: Six six this year? Is that right?
Speaker 3: Four?
Speaker 5: He does have six this year?
Speaker 1: Yes, six, right?
Speaker 3: And four return for return.
Speaker 1: Man, he's after you run, He's after.
Speaker 4: He could make a run. What's in here talking? He could make a run. That would be kind of cool. He got two guys coming after me.
Speaker 1: So all the all the top games he's had. He had to tie the NFL single season record for interception returns for a touchdown to be named Defensive Player of the Week. Otherwise it was like, oh, well.
Speaker 4: I think they go by reputation. You think yeah, I mean, well.
Speaker 3: It's working out real well for him if they go by reputation on All Pro teams and so forth. He's now established himself that everyone I can't remember who Greg Olson, I guess was doing the game. I mean he put him on the All Pro team as soon as he made it to the end zone.
Speaker 1: I mean, if he picks one on Thanksgiving when everybody's watching.
Speaker 4: It'd be like Diggs all over again. Yeah, right now, this this would be great because you know, Bland is one of those guys that we needed to step up right our secondary. You know, when we're kind of delicate in the NFL these days, you missed one particular player, then it's like a domino effect. You know, it just seems to affect everyone. If we would have had problems in the secondary and Bland would have been part of those problems, then we would have been looking at it in totally totally different season. Right now, right you go, and now you've got you know, Bland to save in the day. You know, he's a guy that regardless of our inconsistencies for you know, since Diggs got hurt, Bland is one of those guys that has been consistent. It's kind of hard to believe that when we're looking at jay Ron was being the guy first and Donovan was really playing well I'm talking about last year, but Bland is the one to me this year that's showing what real pro is all about.
Speaker 1: And think about it. He was starting in the slot to start the season and then when that happened, it's like okay, you got to go outside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well see That's interesting because you know, that's kind of way I thought. You know, it doesn't matter what side, it just really does in and out. You know, he's a player, and that's what I like about him. You don't really get most veterans don't really get that kind of ability early on in their career. I know I had to play the slot some, but mostly I was outside. I didn't start really playing the slot on third down when I was in New York. Yeah. It take me nine years, and I wasn't that comfortable there because it's a reposition. But you know, my experience paid off. He really doesn't have that much experience, and yet here he is. He can play any side. That's a luxury to play any particular position in that second day, whether it's the slot, left or right.
Speaker 5: So they did recognize him in the team meeting this week after last Sunday's game, and then coach McCarthy said in the press conference on Monday, I don't know why we keep talking about him as a surprise. He's just when he gets on the field. I think he switches that flip and and he's just a different person on the field. When we talked to him in the locker room. He's a little more shy and timid, but I think when he gets out there, he's just he's ready to go.
Speaker 4: He played wide receiver exactly.
Speaker 1: See there's the key, that wide receiver personality.
Speaker 4: Man, I mean that's all I did in high school.
Speaker 3: I don't That's what I was about to ask you. Yeah, at Bergner, you played wide.
Speaker 4: Receiver, wide receiver. I've called the touchdown. I wasn't starting. I called touchdown first first.
Speaker 3: Uh got troubled past.
Speaker 4: No, that was not my brother, mister Haas you know, he was a returning senior. He's slower than men the time.
Speaker 3: Those coaches that will play and the.
Speaker 4: Moms that bring the cupcakes. My mom just didn't bring cupcakes to the meetings. That's all that was.
Speaker 8: So we ended up, Uh you know, those boots come on. You know how that goes, man, how that goes? My mom was working too hard, so you got time to make no cupcakes. So you know we sat there and uh what you saw was uh, the the slower.
Speaker 4: They liked him because his name was Hots. They liked him because he was, uh just one of those veterans that you could depend on. But every time I came in the game. They knew I was going to be the guy to get the ball. You see. So I come in the game, there's number eighty right here washing the reverse. He's gonna go for that. They already knew what I was running, So every time I came in the game, they knew we were trying to score.
Speaker 3: So when did you convert the cornerback?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: At Gramblin. I had to. I had to.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't let me play. I couldn't find the spot anywhere else. I came as a safety, and after playing so much one on one, I mean that's just you know, that's a DB's thing, you know, one on one practice, that's when you show what kind of man you are. And eventually I got pretty good at it. So I was really I came as a safety, but you know, I'm.
Speaker 3: Did they get take forty times? And the and the fast guys play wide receiver and the slower guys played dB?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, that's not how it went. No no. But we would have big time races before practice. You know, our I was conditioning was before so we raced each other before practice, and I actually got a little faster, a little faster, but not as fast as he did.
Speaker 3: Your Eddie Robinson did the conditioning before practice.
Speaker 4: We stretched, we stretched, we do calistenics, then we run, then we do the bag work, and then we do one on one. We are exhausted by half of practice. Exhausted. So he always said, like he got it from Vince LOMBARDA fatigue makes corwards of us. All he got there from Vince. And he used to say it all the time.
Speaker 1: They'd let you race backpedaling. They didn't, but if they could, you could want that.
Speaker 4: Even in elementary school, I can run back.
Speaker 10: Why, I just like he was second nature.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go forward, like damn the way up there.
Speaker 3: All right, we're just getting started on a Thanksgiving edition of Mixed Shots, and we continue in a moment. Let's go.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: They snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped flaft. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 4: Just like football.
Speaker 7: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 1: You know that's sound anywhere.
Speaker 9: It's the crisp crunch, the first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 10: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 9: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool PETSI finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite wood a pairing can cracks, a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swacker Brisket and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Clue America's team playing America's greatest sports. Miller Lite the only peer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three. Miller Brown Company, fort Worth, Texas, de vict Shots.
Speaker 5: K Post Roofine and Waterproofine, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Kay apparently ever since, and Mickey have an appearance to make after the show. We do tell us about this.
Speaker 1: Our sports Tours do is they do a reception the day before the game. It's usually a Saturday, and they do it from about twelve thirty to two three o'clock. And Everson I are on stage at one fifteen today doing a Q and a.
Speaker 3: Can anybody show up?
Speaker 1: No, No, unless you're unless you're a friend, of ours, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, Savannah, you say, yeah, well that rules us out.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I might be Savannah. She would ask nice questions.
Speaker 3: Uh, Savannah, So that text line is not doing so hot on this holiday eve. It is not. Okay, I've got something from Twitter for you. James Johnson says, get in there, sister. Hugh Mohler helped them out. Give them real insight.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that. That was James, James.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 5: We're stepping in here real soon.
Speaker 4: I was so happy when she came back. I had Twitter was That's.
Speaker 3: What everyways, Twitter is thankful for Savannah. That's right. I'm not going anywhere, guys, that's right, all right, you got any news for us? Mickey, got anything you wanted to get us? Posted on Shack Leonard a cowboy.
Speaker 1: Yet I got to ask that question. I don't even know the guy had been released. Does he have to go through waves?
Speaker 3: He does after the trade deadline. Everybody's got to go through waivers after that.
Speaker 1: I can't do any brother law, like release something for somebody else. You know you could, but you have to go through waivers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if that's the way you would work a trade Okay. If somebody really wanted a player, okay, and and you don't work out a trade, but you but that team. Let's say the Colts wanted to get rid of the salary. That's whatever that's left his yea, his salary for this season. That's the way a team could then claim him and then they on the hook for the contract whatever. If there was a demand. But there's not demand for shack lender because of his he's going to clear waiver, yes, I think so. In fact, he may have.
Speaker 1: Already, And if you signed him, you'd sign him to the practice squad.
Speaker 4: Now what team did they get cut from Colts?
Speaker 3: Four time All Pro, first four years in the league. He only played three games last year. He's had a couple of back surgeries and he has he is healthy this year, but has played in nine games. As I hear, Franklin has actually moved ahead of him, and Franklin missed a game and another player got snaps in placement. He was apparently told on Monday that he was going to be inactive. I think that's right, and then he was released on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: So Bill, like a good lawyer, knew the answer to his question before.
Speaker 4: He asked, right said no, no, no, he's not a cowboy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying you asked if you want him, and I was like, there's a clear waiver, and no, I mean he might clear, but you would put him on the practice squad, right, You're not picking up that contract.
Speaker 3: No, no, And so the Colts are on the hook for what's left now he once he clears waivers, he becomes a free agent.
Speaker 1: And then somebody might sign him to a practice squad. And you get three elevations you're getting near the end of the season.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. You're talking about the hell of a linebacker when went healthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just goes to show because he was twenty eighteen, second round draft pick, twenty eighteen.
Speaker 4: Defense, uh huh and.
Speaker 1: So vander ushers year twenty eighteen yep, right.
Speaker 12: So, and he came out of the way HBCU right yep, South Carolina State. And I mean, just an amazing start to his guy. I mean, he was on a Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Pace the first four years of his career and then has the backs that meant that linebacker position and the running backers. But you're the that's what's so amazing about a guy like Bobby Wagner that he's played for so long and been healthy for so long in this because that position you get hurt.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you know, it kind of reminds me of Ken Norton junior. You know, he second round pick. He struggled, and then all of a sudden, by ninety one he flourished, right. And then in ninety three he tore his bicep and the thing kind of it tore from the elbow and kind of rolled up. I remember that, remember that, And they rolled it back down and would tape it up so he could play that year and ends up I believe he got in the Pro Bowl that year and end up next year as free agency and he gets a big contract from San Francisco with a signing bonus of all things, because they didn't think they should have signing bonus.
Speaker 4: He was such a surprise, you know, we didn't think we had much from him.
Speaker 1: Right, And he did his first couple of years, and he got injured.
Speaker 4: And they had a nickname for him. I can't remember what it was, but.
Speaker 1: I mean he was only known for his father being a heavyweight champion of the world champion. Yeah uh, and then they yeah, and then they then.
Speaker 4: He flourished how many Super Bowl rings for.
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: And one was just one one with San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Right, that's not a bad career for somebody who we thought was a bus right, Yeah, early on, early on, that's right.
Speaker 1: So I was gonna give you a quick injury update. Rigo Dodo has been d n ped the last two days and McCarthy said, uh, today he'll get as he's he's a get his needed mode with the ankle. I think they're just trying to push him to Thursday and hope that he can play, so they probably make that decision. Michael Gallup had a personal family deal on Monday and Tuesday, but he got back, so he's good to go. Jay Ron Curse really is the only guy. Mike said, Uh, if he's not available today, that speaks for itself tomorrow problem. And it happened in the game because I think.
Speaker 3: Towards at the end one he didn't have as many snaps.
Speaker 1: Janie Thomas came in and played that spot, and it sounds like cd uh will be limited today. It said he practiced fully yesterday. They didn't put the pads on, but that Jerry gave him a thumbs up the doctor. Jerry gave a thumb the other day, so I think they feel confident he'll be able to go. And then Tyron's got a rest day yesterday and today mostly they were doing seven on seven, so so from a health standpoint, they should be in pretty good shape.
Speaker 3: One other note on Shaq Leonard. There will be a team that will pick him up right, and it sounds like it sounds like he would be one of someone like the Eagles or the forty nine ers Eagle. You know, the Eagles putting the Kobe Dean on injured reserve, and of course they obviously the Cowboys with Layton's injury, but they love what they've seen so far out of throughout well, he didn't play much the last game, but they love what what's you know Mark east Bell has been doing, you know with the mown Clark and so it would be only for depth purposes.
Speaker 1: Only had seven defensive snaps.
Speaker 3: So it may be it may be worth Shaq Leonard's self interest to wait a little bit and see, you know where the needs come.
Speaker 1: Right when you ask that question, you got to say, okay, now who am I cutting right? And they had a hard enough and then I'm getting Evans.
Speaker 3: Right, and then and then even just for a guy who and this is what the cults are running into. Okay, maybe he's not performing all pro status, they're paying him a whole lot of money. I think it was a ninety eight million dollar contract and he's now three years into that and they're probably looking at cutting him next year. And they've got other linebackers. And so with a player like that who's accustomed to playing snaps, how happy is he going to be? And what does that do with the chemistry of the locker room if he's not getting snaps, you.
Speaker 4: Know, if you bring him there, you got to give him snaps. Right, he's that guy. He's a high volume player, right, you know, very very high energy.
Speaker 3: Right, That's why you got to have a spot for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a leader, he's a leader. He was the leader of that defense too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I guess if they were winning this year, it would be a total difference. Well that's the other thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, the Colts another five hundred team or whatever they are right now, So there's everybody, everybody get five hundred still in the mix. But you got to look at your team realistically, and.
Speaker 1: So yeah, suddenly the Cowboys at seven to three. There's only two teams basically with a better record.
Speaker 3: Right, you can do the math on this stuff. And if the Cowboys win tomorrow and they win against Seattle, they could be in a clinch playoff spot situation even before Philadelphia comes to town on December ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah for the.
Speaker 3: Wild when you got seven teams that make the playoffs, Yeah, I mean there's a there's a widening gap between the top four teams basically and everybody else. Now, Seattle's in there too, but Seattle hadn't been playing as well.
Speaker 4: Later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my way, and they got to play San Francisco tomorrow night. So they're looking at sex and five and then coming here next Thursday.
Speaker 1: That's my required four game winning strike heading into the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Okay, And so what concerns you about this Washington team coming in? They have played well against the Eagles three weeks ago in a thirty eight thirty one game.
Speaker 1: Do you want to do that now or after the break.
Speaker 3: Let's do it after the break, and then we got our picks to click, We got our picks to win, and whatever else anyone wants to share about Thanksgiving in years past and what they're going to do on Thanksgiving Day this year, when mix Shots continues at a moment.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can Crack's a kickoff? Tailgate's going way past as postgame Sunday night overtimes followed.
Speaker 3: By Monday mornings.
Speaker 11: Swagger Brisky in the smoker, Miller Light and the Cup the America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time. Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miliberal and Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys and they.
Speaker 3: Schnappered the frushdout who looks white, that's not there.
Speaker 1: He escaped flapp He'll.
Speaker 4: For a punch down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this ship show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 9: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to It's our cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school Pepsi finish nachos better with PEPSI that's what I like.
Speaker 5: Shots experience the most electrifying event of the holiday season, Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza, powered by Reliant, Every Friday and Saturday night now through December sixteenth. Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza ignites the Star and Frisco with an unforgettable holiday performance showcasing sixty five performers, including the world renowned Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, Santa Claus, and appearances from your favorite Dallas Cowboys football heroes. Visit the stardistrict dot com for more info.
Speaker 3: A lot of people out there tomorrow, I mean Friday night and Saturday.
Speaker 5: Night for that, they pack it out, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: So we got a bunch to get to. But I think we'd be remiss if we didn't remember the sixtieth marking of the assassination of John Kennedy in downtown Dallas today. As a matter of.
Speaker 4: Fact, some people came in town. They wanted to go down there. I'm like, I've never been there, No way, I've never been there.
Speaker 3: I've never been there.
Speaker 10: Like a memorial type of that.
Speaker 1: I can take a tour. You can take the sixth the School Depository and then there's a marking on the street where initially he got shot and uh. And then there's people there selling stuff all the time, right old newspapers that they they're not old newspapers, but they make the tourists think they are.
Speaker 4: Have you and you said no? And we've been here all our lives.
Speaker 3: I always think about it when I drive by there. I'm driven by there in a long.
Speaker 1: Time, but I used to well, I mean when I work downtown at the paper, so I kind of go by there quite a bit. And I've gone like two or three times.
Speaker 4: It's like the Statue of Liberty. A lot of New Yorker's never really been there.
Speaker 1: I've been there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I lived there, and I didn't go there.
Speaker 3: You know what, when we lived in San Antonio, we never went down the river Walk. The only time we went down the river walk, which there was somebody visited. They want to go down the riverwalk.
Speaker 4: They just came to town. I went against I want to go. I'm kidding, what.
Speaker 1: There nothing against the river. I haven't missed it that The museum is really good. And I always tell people if if you have readers or whatever, you better bring your glasses because there's a lot to read. But it's really good, It really is.
Speaker 3: And uh, okay, So Mickey, do you remember that day?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I was in fifth grade.
Speaker 3: We were too young.
Speaker 1: You guys were just babies, right, I was important. I wasn't even going to go there.
Speaker 4: Nobody else.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, because we were in fifth grade and we were the oldest in the elementary school. We got to go in the audio visual room and watch it on television when the news came to.
Speaker 4: The audio visual audio as roll the TV the TV.
Speaker 3: It was one of those.
Speaker 13: It was on one of those rolling rolling the different.
Speaker 3: Classes they have TV though.
Speaker 1: Yes, black and white and black and white, you know, that was that might have been. That might have been the first day I saw adults cry. The teachers were because I don't think, well they weren't. My grandparents were still. So really yeah, it was the first time. I mean, that's why I.
Speaker 4: Knew this was serious, serious stufah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And we were there when Walter krott Kite came on and announced that he had passed away. That's crazy, And it was a stigma that Dallas had to live with until until the Cowboys got good. If you think about it.
Speaker 4: No, they still hold it against us.
Speaker 1: I remember the research on that they had to go to Cleveland to play the next game, and I remember the guys telling me that when they got to there and got off the bus at the hotel, usually the bell hops would help with the luggage. They got ignored. Yeah, they know, we're not taking your stuff up. And they were told if you go to dinner outside the hotel, make you sure you.
Speaker 4: Go in a group.
Speaker 1: And one of the memories the guys had was when they got to the stadium, there were they were like sniper well policemen up on the top of the stadium with rifles just in case somebody was trying to pull something off.
Speaker 4: They thought the Russians would.
Speaker 1: Come probably yeah they did. Yeah, I remember us looking up in the sky and watching planes if they were coming by. The other thing that happened is when they did the player introductions, when they used to run out there, no one wanted to be the first want to run out uh, And it was like no you go, no, you go.
Speaker 3: Well there shouldn't have been games played that weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, yeah, we are different people now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I just thought that was worth mentioned sixty years ago. That's a easy.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I can't remember how I set up this segment.
Speaker 1: You went to Everson and said, who's your pick to click? What's the score? That I don't know. If we have a podkick pick, we do it.
Speaker 3: What's the score?
Speaker 1: What's the score?
Speaker 4: Always have the.
Speaker 3: Pod pick is gonna be what picked your score?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, I got mine. Okay, Cowboys gonna win. I'm gonna go straight to the punchline. Cowboy's gonna win. I think thirty five to twenty only because I think Howell is one of those guys. He's just gonna keep chunking and chunking and chunking and chunking until until something breaks. And you know, they've got decent wide receivers there, so our offense should be able to control everything. Uh, if their dbs can't cover our wide receivers, then it's over from the beginning. Also, my pick to click would be mister Pollard. I'm looking at him getting over one hundred yards from scrimmage.
Speaker 3: Okay, not rushing, not rushing, rushing and.
Speaker 4: Receiving rushing and the receiver no no returns, none of that, simply on standard downs first or.
Speaker 1: Third over one hundred over one hundred.
Speaker 5: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. Okay, sus Nick.
Speaker 5: All right, we're going with the Cowboys winning forty to fourteen.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 5: I think let's go big or go home this week.
Speaker 3: Forty a game at home anyway, so.
Speaker 5: You're right on target for this will be thirteen consecutive wins at home if we win tomorrow. So I like that. I think they will score many points. And I think my click to pick is going to be Cavante.
Speaker 1: Turpin good one.
Speaker 5: I have a prediction of him running one in for the touchdown, So let's go with that, all right.
Speaker 3: Running one in for the touchdowns that like a punt return an we want to punt return touchdow.
Speaker 4: Okay, that doesn't get Specy teams special teams touchdown?
Speaker 1: Then okay, gotch I she had just left it as running one in for a touchdown could be a pass, it could be an end of out.
Speaker 5: But now now that's written down, so we'll see if I get back.
Speaker 4: Stick with it, like you said last time, I'm sticking with.
Speaker 1: It, all right. Heay, Mickey, I've got the Cowboys winning thirty to seventeen.
Speaker 3: Thirteen point win.
Speaker 1: Thirteen point win because these Thanksgiving games are hard. They're just hard, and I pick to click since I can't take Micah. Nope, I am going to take DeMarcus Lawrence with multiple sacks because this quarterback has been sacked more times than anybody in the NFL so far. Sam Howell has been set and he's also thrown. Get this, He's attempted more passes than anybody, completed more passes than anybody, and has more passing yards than anybody. But he's been sacked fifty one times.
Speaker 4: Is that more than anyone? Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, and it's thirteen more than the second guy. So I will take DeMarcus Lawrence with multiple sack performance.
Speaker 4: Okay, I like it. I like it all right.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys have you talk about it's tough to win on Thanksgiving Day. The Cowboys have put up fifty one points once before on Thanksgiving Day. That was in nineteen eighty, a fifty one to seven win over the Seattle Seahawks. None of us remember that nineteen eighty is not that far back, the year before Everson became a Cowboy, all right, So I am going to go This will be the seventh time this season the Cowboys have won a game by twenty or more points. And since the record so far as fifty one, I'm going with fifty two to twenty Cowboys over the Commanders, Thank you ever soon. I think that Sam Howe is going to throw it around a lot, but fifty one to twenty is where I'm going. And Wow, where do I go with the I mean I was thinking Cavante Turpin, that was my original I was thinking Tony Pollard, I'm going to go with Marquise Bell.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, you're going, yeah, second choice.
Speaker 3: Mark East Bell is going to be my pick to click.
Speaker 1: What about Sam? Sam Williams, Sam Williams, Sam and Sam?
Speaker 3: Right, Oh, there you go.
Speaker 4: So what do you think Bell's going to do? I mean what I think I think.
Speaker 3: I think he will wind up at the end zone.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure touchdown.
Speaker 3: A defensive touchdown Marquise Bell. And I'm not sure if it's going to be an interception return or a fumble return. But I think that this Washington team is prone to the coughing up the football.
Speaker 4: If I recall, yeah, the more chances well he could get it.
Speaker 3: Last week, it didn't matter whether they're running with the ball or throwing them with the ball. They were coughing it up.
Speaker 1: So six times, right, yep?
Speaker 3: Six six giveaways. Okay, what a great football weekend.
Speaker 1: This is what after that?
Speaker 3: I mean you got well, no.
Speaker 4: Let's okay.
Speaker 3: Third, you got the Packers and the Lions, and then while we eat turkey dinner, and then we got the Cowboys and the Commanders, and then tomorrow night, Tomorrow night, San Francisco and Seattle, and then you got the egg Boat. You can flip over and watch a little bit of the egg Bowl too, and then the college football on Friday, Mickey, any games you care about?
Speaker 1: I think Missouri is at Arkansas.
Speaker 3: That's a CBS game. In the afternoon, the slate starts though with TCU in Oklahoma at eleven okay, and then you got Texas Tech in Texas. It's six thirty long. Horns need a win to clinch a spot in the Big twelve Championship game Austin. It's in Austin. Oregon State and Oregon play that night. Also Saturday at eleven am, Ohio State and Michigan, right number two against number three they.
Speaker 1: Always do this weekend.
Speaker 3: That's at eleven A. That's college football for you.
Speaker 1: Probably was back in college football because the college game of the season right now.
Speaker 4: No, no, but they're having coffee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's why Texas and Oklahoma are getting out of this conference go to the SEC because they're having to play at eleven am every week. But college football games last so long. You know, the NFL keeps it to a three hour window, so you can start your game at noon. You got another game at three and then what the college football They go three and a half four hours, so you got to start at eleven am to get all the games in.
Speaker 1: So halftime is always not all not only that the Stars play Vegas tonight tonight, you have duty there.
Speaker 5: Yes, I will be there.
Speaker 4: I was looking for that last night. I was looking for that last night's tonight. Yes, tonight.
Speaker 1: And it's National TV, by the way, so everybody could watch it.
Speaker 3: And by the way, there's also high school football playoffs, third round of the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Starting Friday, Friday, Saturday Sports Weekend.
Speaker 4: You missed one.
Speaker 1: The Mavericks at the Lakers tonight. The Stars have Calgary on Friday, so we're talking a lot to watch and pay attention on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Also, I can't believe Bill miss you got the freaking buyou Classic Bill.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: Let me get to Saturday. It was only to the eleven AM game.
Speaker 4: It's not down there. It's not down there. It's the fiftieth anniversary of the Bayo Class.
Speaker 3: Really down there. You're going down there, all.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm gonna be the m C of the banquets. Really, come on, man, we're gonna have fun.
Speaker 13: Where do they have that at It's at the the stadium, you know the Hyatt right, that's next to the super Stadium. Yeah, is that Friday night that's launching for a Friday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Okay, and it wins the game.
Speaker 12: The game is Sunday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, three o'clock, three o'clock on what channel, NBC. NBC's got the game.
Speaker 4: NBC got the got it back, Baby, we got it back. You know, the pandemic brought black people back.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 3: And then, uh, but on Saturday Night at the Star and Frisco, Jason Whitten returns to the start in first school. His Liberty Christian Warriors play in the TAPS Division two State semi Fund against Fort Worth All Saints Episcopal. It's at the Star in Frisco and by the way, I've got a feature on the Witten family that airs on CBS just prior to the game tomorrow. We've got an hour long special and it'll are about two forty five or so. Uh So check that out.
Speaker 1: When's the pregame show? Start?
Speaker 3: Pregame show? It starts at two, the NFL to Day's at three, and then the game at three thirty. Okay, So there you go, and.
Speaker 1: You got to work all weekend.
Speaker 3: I am not. Oh, I'm off about that.
Speaker 10: We're talking about to watch all the sports.
Speaker 4: You man, you shouldn't have to worry about it that.
Speaker 3: I'm actually I'll be at the game. We're taping the Mike McCarthy Show after the.
Speaker 1: Game, I understand. So anyway, few days and I need to get right.
Speaker 3: That's right, Okay. We will chat at you on Monday after this football feast.
Speaker 4: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas CA Boys Football Club.