Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of The Unforgive Trend Part three. The song that we all knew existed when guests Joey cliff I brought it up. Unforgive Trend Part three is what I thought would be a good movie. You know, the Clint Eastwood. I thought he was just going to keep you know, expanding the Unforgiven cinematic universe. But unfortunately, now I'm jack.
Speaker 2: That predates the song or no, it was like right.
Speaker 1: At the same time. He was ninety two, and like, wouldn't that have been right around the same time?
Speaker 2: Never cared for what they do.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was actually a commissioned Unforgiven Part two was commissioned for the movie like like this Adam's Family Womb.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyways, interesting it came out ninety one.
Speaker 2: Whatever, We're not here to do.
Speaker 1: It was in the zeitgeist. I'm Jackie Miles and something else in the zeitgeist.
Speaker 2: So we like to.
Speaker 1: Look at Halloween costumes and see what's trending, and we got a little got a little duped this year by some bad journalism happening out there from bad journalists who thought that Google had updated their fright Geist list of costumes earlier than they actually had, so they were looking at last year's results saying they were this year's results.
Speaker 2: We do it now, hear it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Barbie was not in the top ten.
Speaker 2: We do have.
Speaker 1: They have refreshed, the fright geist is updated. It is both there's some interesting stuff in there and also it is a complete mess of like they've fucked up the data in a lot of places.
Speaker 3: In like weird ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are multiple places on the list where like consecutive numbers are the same costume, just with the under different names. So number ten is bunny, number eleven is rabbit. Later on it's like number thirty one is Darth Vader. Number thirty two is Anakin Skywalker skin. So I think, like what they they had like a bunny slash rabbit and then like fucked up how the data populated.
Speaker 2: So yeah, like yeah, it'll be like.
Speaker 4: Uh, where's the other one?
Speaker 2: Let me because I want to get the I want to get the rankings.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, it's number ninety seven, care Bear, number ninety eight care Bears.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: You guys, guys, I think it can shit. I think you fucked up big time and ought to be ashamed of yourself. You're you are hurting the Zeitgei's name by populating with this shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're gonna fucking hear from our lawyers.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I feel like we have a good chance in court against Google because they say don't be evil. So I bet they're really nice and reasonable. But yeah, so Barbie predictably number one. That coincides with what we're hearing, what we're seeing as we just walk around our neighborhoods saying, what do you think.
Speaker 3: Is gonna be number one costume? Well, you can be for Halloween.
Speaker 1: But there's also an NPR story that just came out about like what the asking like one of one of the heads of.
Speaker 2: Spirit Halloween, the largest owners of Dead Banks.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. But quote from Marisa Uzzolino, manager of PR for Spirit Halloween, told at MPR's Morning Edition, when the parties start happening, we're gonna see a lot of Barbie, oh Western Barbie skating, Barbie skating Ken. The skating Barbie and Ken is a good costume. That's that'll be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the very like loud neon pink color.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way Google took the don't be evil out of their last mission statement, so we won't be taking them to court.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they are, I guess, so go off, go be It.
Speaker 1: Is foreboding, yeah, to be like, yeah, no more, mister nice guy.
Speaker 4: People can't sue us for not following our own charter as a company.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Most of the NPR article is like people are spending baby, it's like a local Uh, it's like a chamber of commerce propaganda where it's like right, right, right, adults, child in pet costumes will reach four point one billion dollars this year, billion dollars more than pre pandemic spending.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, and also look on the fucking fright geist thing. There's a thing called a costume Wizard where you can have it tell you how you should embarrass yourself in public with.
Speaker 2: A costume and tell you what.
Speaker 4: Biness level, uniques, uniqueness level. Let's say you just and modern or classic. So let's say I want to do a very spooky and and you know, middle of the road unique modern costume that would leave me with zombie cheerleader.
Speaker 3: Okay, I did one hundred.
Speaker 1: I took it one hundred on all the levels I took it one hundred unique, one hundred unique, hundred percent local. Wow, let me see where I am twenty percent and get me Google power of will uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one exactly.
Speaker 1: And it came up with and get get ready for the most unique costume you've ever heard. It came up with zombie. Yeah, Google, you stink. I'm sorry, You're bad. You're bad at your job. Google, you fucking suck.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go as Victor this year. I'm gonna wear I'm gonna walk on stilts and probably myself.
Speaker 1: This is probably something that we're just gonna be referencing, so we might as well explain it here. If you don't listen to our other NBA show, just.
Speaker 4: The stuff we say to it makes sense to most people, i'd wager, but you guys still follow along, so we appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Just and it does. It actually doesn't make sense. There's no explanation because the whole point is just the fact that I feel like wembing yama is a word that will be fun for Trump to say. Yeah, that's all you guys seen this, This folks, this guy with Victor wembing Yama.
Speaker 4: Jack, you should be Trump saying, wembin Yama as your Halloween collosen that's it. One hundred percent unique, hundred percent spooky.
Speaker 1: Anything jump out to you. The NPR article said, Bluie is climbing the charts.
Speaker 2: Kids want to be. I mean, I feel like.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a shitty costume, like anything is just a cartoon animal. It's like it's kind of hard to pull off.
Speaker 2: I never wanted to be.
Speaker 4: I always wanted to be like an occupation, Like I wanted to be like a scientist. Yeah, I wanted to be a fucking you know. Speed came out and I was like, I want to be a swat pop And my mom was like, yeah, word is black dress.
Speaker 2: Shirt and here's a hat and there you go. But I was so bummed out.
Speaker 4: I was like expecting her to buy me like military equipment or some shit for the cross. I'm like, this shit works, and she's like, just wear this damn black shirt and these jeans and these boots and you were You're in swat Okay, No.
Speaker 1: Forty six the number the forty six The most popular costume is Renaissance. I'm assuming that's Beyonce and not just like a painter with a soft flappy hat.
Speaker 2: You never know, you never know.
Speaker 1: I mean number fifty is ghost face.
Speaker 3: Uh Wallaby lobster kicks.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming not not not?
Speaker 3: Are we talking about Tony Tony? Yeah, it's got to be.
Speaker 1: I don't tell this only ghost face that I'm familiar with.
Speaker 3: Mouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Number penny is just a monster? Yeah what what?
Speaker 3: And what are you? Young man? Monster?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm mascot. Oh okay, cool.
Speaker 4: I wonder how far I would be interesting to see how far Cop has fallen. Oh, I like how they show you if it's trending up or down?
Speaker 2: Cop is falling?
Speaker 3: Oh no, yea damn Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guys, they're having a tough run.
Speaker 4: They're having a tough run, you know, being maybe not as necessary as we thought.
Speaker 3: But anyway, that's that's a whole other thing. Uh.
Speaker 1: Nineteen seventies, according to Spirit Halloween is having the best year in terms of the decades, not according to Google, which is a fucking disaster.
Speaker 2: Nineteen nineties is on the come up.
Speaker 1: Nineties on the come up.
Speaker 2: I'm so like, are you excited? Do you?
Speaker 4: Oh, you're not really like you don't have one of them horder families? Do you like where you're gonna have a bunch of weird nineties shit that your kids can be.
Speaker 3: Like, hey, do you have nineties shit? No, we kind of get it of our stuff. Marie Condo that shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm doing My mother fucking saves fucking everything. And like I remember as a kid, like I used to put together some wild ass costumes because, like you know, my dad would just be fucking buying the weirdest shit in the eighties and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, this is a fucking costume.
Speaker 4: I had a pink leather jacket like a like a swow that was made alive and it was Fusia that she used to be. My fucking people been like, where the fuck you got micro Just leave me alone?
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, that's impressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, those are That's our frank Geist, our annual Halloween costume rundown.
Speaker 2: We did it.
Speaker 3: We did it.
Speaker 1: We'll probably return to it and then we do, uh, hey, what do we see last night the day after Halloween when nobody cares anymore?
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying ship because I'm not going out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh you're not.
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, I mean now we are, like, you know, dude, the guys child is about eight months old now, so he will he will like the act, he'll like the visual stimulation for sure, Like they're going to do something like that. I'm totally forgot that. We definitely have plans to walk him around. We're trying to figure out if he's gonna be Grogul or wow, because I used to call him negro go wrong to me groku because he kind of looked like a little blazing Grogu when he was, you know how, like newborn's got them big ass eyes and shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's like he's gray Gul. The guy's trying in particular some of some of the biggest eyes. Yeah, yeah, yeah, But.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I don't know if he's giving groku anymore, you know. So we'll see, we'll decide.
Speaker 5: We're gonna take a break and we'll be right back, and we're back and uh So there is a.
Speaker 1: Gag order in one of Donald Trump's cases. People were saying that this might be the first instance of consequences from the charges he's facing as the most indicted man in America. He was ordered by the judge to basically like not publicly attack the people who are specifically like part of the legal He was like, don't like publicly attack these five people, and which seems like very limited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, because he can still attack.
Speaker 4: The judge, yeah, or the legals or the judge Department of Justice. It's like nobody, like but nobody beneath me and nobody who might be a witness and none of that, which makes sense, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like, I don't know. The thing that they're putting the gag order on is like one of those things that for anyone else to be like, yeah, I mean obviously right, like I obviously you can't do that, but talks during my trial. Yeah, it's one of those like the fact that I even need to say this moment that you sometimes have. Uh. And yet he immediately appealed, and in the specific context of who he is, this does feel like it will be impossible for him to do no, like for him to be told not to talk shit about five specific people, Like, he's not going to be able to not talk shit about those five.
Speaker 4: Apparently recently shared an article that was dosing the fucking New York Assistant Attorney General. Yeah, like he's not gonna fucking like I don't know, Like, I honestly, I'm not sure he's fucking capable of that, right Uh?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean will he ever be found in contemptive court?
Speaker 4: You think so? At some point some of this shit would add up. So he's I mean, he's stressing too. There's a poll that just came out this said RFK Juniors taking a bite out of his ass right now in the polling. Wow, like that in a head between Joe Byron and Trump, it's forty nine forty six to Byron, and with RFK entering, it opens up a seven point gap between Byron and Trump.
Speaker 1: It's truly wild because Biden is so unpopular.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially I mean like right now, I mean he's just you know, we were just talking yesterday, but like, what's he gonna do when he goes to Israel?
Speaker 2: What is he gonna say? How do you do?
Speaker 3: Miles?
Speaker 4: Well, he based did a thing that was like seventy percent bad with thirty percent okay stuff, But he's still basically being like, oh, yeah, we stand, like don't worry, like, you know, do what you gotta do. And also like remember that there are civilians you know, that might be dying innocently but also, hey man, America will always stand by your side, and.
Speaker 2: Maybe we can open like a humanitarian corridor. But I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean like I'm not sure what again, what is being said behind the scenes. But what's wild is like right after you know, Biden is trying to not use I mean, it's still I wouldn't say language that's really bringing things down, I guess only slightly. Like fucking net and Yahoo took the mic and was like, this is hold on, where is it? Let me just find this? Oh then net and Yahu takes a mic and basically is like, this is basically a fucking battle between the forces of civilization and the forces of barbarism. The civilized world must unite to defeat Hamas. And you're like, oh shit, bro, just right back in it. And you know, on top of that, there's like this this the hospital that was like bombed, that's becoming like so contentious now with.
Speaker 2: The yeah who did it, who done it? Who didn't do it?
Speaker 4: And I think we're losing sight by trying to fucking at this point. Everything's fucking tragic. But I think what remains is the fact is we need a ceasefire because that means less explosive things are flying through the air. Yes, and yeah, and now there's a fucking uh protest at the Capitol in DC and the right wingers are fucking going all in thinking this is January sixth, so like it's an insurrection at the camp, right, these peaceful protesters are sitting down in the rotunda, they're not ripping shit off the wall. And they're like, it's becoming again social media absolute like the you know, I've seen a few articles this week that are like, man, the digital town Square, Like the concept of that like is rapidly just deteriorating.
Speaker 1: Before that, it's disappearing. Yeah, basically it is dust around us at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like.
Speaker 2: It's our only like sandbox to plane for a lot of the time. So people are like, but what do I fuck?
Speaker 4: So yeah, and I'm saying too, this is this is with AI barely cook it right, what happens in the next one or in whatever, you know whatever in the next anything you know, large event where you have you know, vested interest in things going one way or the other. I mean, I've it's it's hard to imagine how it could get less clear than this, Like the what's happening in Gaza. The you know, people who are focusing on like saying this happened was done by this person, and like in the immediate aftermath of like innocent people tragically being killed, I feel like the point remains like if there was a ceasefire, less innocent people would be getting murdered, and that that's the thing that needs to remain the focus. And you know, someone getting some thing wrong because in the immediate aftermath of a story does not invalidate their feelings that innocent people should stop being killed. Yeah, but that it seems to be like the tenor that is happening of like people are just like up all night like fact checking who killed this group versus or like who bombed this building, And it's fucking the whole thing is just tragic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we're.
Speaker 4: And like, you know, listen to these people that are around the world being like just fucking stop, please, like work on a ceasefire. But I don't know, again, I don't think anything that Joe Biden said came close to that.
Speaker 1: He didn't say the thing about post nine to eleven like that we he said that.
Speaker 4: Was the closest right where he's like, hey man, we were hot after nine to eleven, and you know we wanted he.
Speaker 2: Said, this is what he said.
Speaker 4: I'll give his full on remarks, and he says, you can't look at what has happened here and not scream out for justice. But I caution this, while you feel that rage, don't be consumed by it. After nine to eleven, we were in rage in the United States. And while we saw justice and got justice, did you, we also made mistakes like my vote for the Iraq war name names, Yes, myself included. Myself included, myself included, myself included. So again, you know this is I don't know, like I'm you just you just see the escalations happening, like just even like on the border of Lebanon, and you're wondering what kind of leverage Joe Biden is actually willing to use, because now you're entering an election season, and you know, you may have RFK helping out a little bit, but there are a lot of people that have been completely demoralized and are like looking at like what this election means, and a lot of people pointing out they're like, there's actually no choice for someone who would end this violence, right no matter who, no matter who is nominated on the right, like your your choices are war and war.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly, all right.
Speaker 1: Uh and then just an update on the you know, the speakership. Jim Jordan finally oh wait, no he got he got out voted by Jakiem Jefferies.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's so funny.
Speaker 4: So he had he had another vote again. He said, okay, fine, fuck it. I took an l in the second and the first vote, had another vote today he had more. He lost more support in this second vote, like he's losing support with every subsequent vote. Hakim Jeffries still had the full support of House Democrats. So he got two hundred twelve votes to Jordan's one hundred and ninety nine. And like it's just so wild, how with how fucked up everything is happening in like how Congress you know, is kind of like this important legislative body. It's now devolving into like Democrats like hooting and hollering and like trolling the Republicans because they can't get their shit together to vote a speak vote for a speaker. I just want to play this clip of like when I don't know that the Republican or the Democrats were like, yeah, Bro Jeffries.
Speaker 6: Three and their tallies that the total number of votescasts is for thirty three, of which the Honorable Jim Jordan of the State of Ohio has received one and ninety nine the Honorable Hike Jeffries of the State of New York has received to twelve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're just they're just clapping it up. They're loving it. H And now how hard.
Speaker 1: Did he go with the gabble after he announced that?
Speaker 2: Oh you know what, I didn't get there.
Speaker 4: I didn't get a clip of him, you know, adjourneying the session.
Speaker 2: So we missed that one.
Speaker 4: There are people floating the idea that maybe it could be McHenry.
Speaker 3: It with the.
Speaker 4: As like you know, you know, a speaker pro time kind of thing, but I I don't know. There's there's so many like now, like the punditry classes like, oh, maybe the Democrats might do something, but that's just all of them saying something and not I don't think anything substantive of getting Democrats to help them out unless they're going to get major concessions from them, which I think is the only thing that would potentially make that happen. But I don't think at this point it sounds like they're fine with Again, the greatest thing for the Democrats to not do anything progressive is to just be able to point to the fucking garbage fire of the Republicans and be like, dude, we're not that right.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's not good news necessarily.
Speaker 1: Is there any momentum on the Trump becoming Speaker of the House.
Speaker 2: No thing, that's no, I mean as of right now.
Speaker 4: No, because again, you have to actually fucking be there, right, he has way too many Dude, he's like got that he's gonna have fucking being in like court every other day basically. Yeah, yeah, and he dude, did you you saw that speech he gave like a couple of days ago where he was just slurring through.
Speaker 3: It is what do we think is happening?
Speaker 1: But just old because we we know he doesn't drink, but he is also does seem to just like blow huge rails of adderall all the time. Yeah, So are we just thinking that like he's on a run of adderall that's and it's just like wearing down and he hasn't had his like week off to recharge.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, cause it's I don't know what the fuck is going on.
Speaker 4: It's probably being like really tired and like old.
Speaker 2: It just I don't know, man, It's it's something here like.
Speaker 4: This is this is like when he was talking about you said, like clip when he's talking about Christmas.
Speaker 3: And shit, no, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: This is when he was in speeches seem to be being generated by AI. At this point, it's just yeah, hell yah to producer Brian said, he's like Elvis, Like that really feels like he is Ladder day Elvis. Ladder day Elvis. Yeah, because like Elvis was also a no drinking, no drugs person while dying of a drug overdose because he didn't count prescription trucks.
Speaker 2: Right, this is him time about Chris. I don't know here.
Speaker 7: He couldn't have been too impressed with our capital. It looks like ship, no, have you seen what they've done for and we're doing a federal takeover.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's one part.
Speaker 7: Just like I said, talking about remember the department storees work, they refuse to use the word Chris Christmas.
Speaker 4: It basically baked like going on, I'm sorry you could care less about the team struggling, so I could.
Speaker 3: Care less about America struggling. I want to kiss you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So here we are thummus apparently at one point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he called it hummus like it was very and he's I don't know, man, this is this is these are these are the options. This is what's on the buffet for Americans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, killing it.
Speaker 1: Well, those are some of the things that are trending.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye bye.