Speaker 1: I Am all in.
Speaker 2: All I Kiss you, Stars Hollow Style with Easton Allen.
Speaker 3: An iHeart radio podcast.
Speaker 4: That's right, it is an iHeartRadio podcast. My name is Easton Allen. This is I Am all In stars Hollow Style. Thank you so much for hanging out with us, for clicking download, for spending your precious megabytes on your phone with us to do this. And here is what we're doing. Okay, this is a Gilmore Girls podcast. You probably subscribe looking for Scott Patterson.
Speaker 1: You love Luke. We love Luke. Everybody loves Luke. He's not here right now. It's me.
Speaker 4: I've been blessed by Luke to do this. We are talking about the fashion of Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: We're talking about the clothes, the outfits, the accessories, everything that they're wearing. We're going through episode by episode and highlighting it all. We're going to talk about our favorites, our least favorites, the good, the bad, the weird, it's all there.
Speaker 1: We're having a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: We're turning the Stars Hollow Gazebo into a runway and making this a fashion party. We're continuing our run through season one of Gilmore Girls. This is Season one, episode twelve, Double Date, And this is a double date on the podcast because it is the fashion.
Speaker 1: Of Gilmore Girls teaming up with you and me.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're going on a double date with clothes here and it's a lot of fun. Let's dive right in. Okay, if you're joining us for the first time, if you haven't experienced stars Hollow style, thank you so much for taking the time. But the way we do things is I'm going to go through the episode and just point out the outfits that I liked, that I thought were interesting, that I thought were compelling, and we're going to talk about them a little bit as we do that, and at the very end, we're going to talk about our favorites, our least favorites, and kind of give it up, you know, a final report card, as it were.
Speaker 1: I implore you to do the same.
Speaker 4: This is again, season one, episode twelve, the Double Date episode where Suki and Jackson go on their first date, a major episode for them, and things happen in these episodes narrative things that are interesting and compelling and worthy of being spoken about.
Speaker 1: But we're not gonna talk about those.
Speaker 4: We're going to talk about the clothes only okay, So let's let's go ahead and get started to hear Rory and Lane. We open up with there's a cold open with Rory and Loralai. That's very cute, but I was not very drawn to the outfits in that cold open.
Speaker 1: But after we see the theme song, we see.
Speaker 4: Rory and Lane there in Rory's room, and I think they're involved in a sweater off. In this moment, they're both wearing very similar sweaters, a very fall gimmorry vibe. Rory's wearing a royal blue sweater and Lane is wearing a dark green one. It's very fun. They're listening to Claudinine Longe cover of God Only Knows by the Beach Boys. It's a very nice cover, and Lorelei storms into the room to complain that their music is too loud. She is trying to study and she can't focus. This study outfit that Larela is wearing I really liked. It's like a She's wearing a bubblegum pink baseball tea like a quarter sleeve kind of a thing, and a pair of light brown corduroys. We've seen her wear these before, you know, much like the rest of the country. I've got wicked brain. I'm very wicked pilled right now. So I saw the pink and the brown, and for some reason, I started thinking about wicked colors.
Speaker 1: I was like, Oh, there she goes.
Speaker 4: There's Glinda and Alphabet right there on her and I know Alphabe is green and the pants are brown. It just it reminded me of it. I just thought that the pink and in a darker hue. I thought, we're interesting. You know, when Laura's hanging out at home, she can wear some pretty wacky stuff. This was more subdued. I liked it, but it did The colors did clash. I mean, it's not great, but she could go in a much crazier route and she didn't. It's it's just something you'd wear hanging out around your house. It's an interesting fit. Now we're at the inn and we have talked about what Laura I wears to work a lot on this show. I am generally unimpressed with Lorelei's workoutfits. And that's fine. They don't have to be show stoppers. Okay, she's at work, she's working at a at a bed and breakfast. Okay, she doesn't have to do anything too crazy. However, in this episode, I love what she's wearing to work, I really really do. I spent a lot of time thinking about this first. This first outfit. She's wearing a like a green silk shirt with leaves all over it, like a leaf pattern, and a white pencil skirt and healed Mary Jane's shoes. I love this outfit. I love it. The the the green and the white looks so good together. At one point, she goes into the kitchen and she's talking to Suki. I uh, you know, because they're they're she's about to go on a date. It's a big part of this episode, and what they're wearing compliment each other so nicely. Kauzsuki's wearing a green Paisley bandana headband and her red like chef outfit, and it looks so great next to what Lorala is wearing. It's it's just they're close friends that are totally in sync. And I really like when you look at those colors together, I think you're immediately reminded these are friends that are meant to be together, and they are. They're very much in tune with one another. I thought that was very fun. I really really love Laura louralized outfit here. I spent a lot of time trying to find the shirt was so interesting to me. I thought it was such a cool pattern because it's like, is it leaves? Are they feathers?
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 4: It's very busy, but in a fun way. I think it really draws your eye. I try to find the shirt, and I found the brand that made it. Okay, it's a brand called Tibby T I B I. They're still around. Tibby is still a brand making clothes. It's much less interesting than you would see on this shirt, but they are still making clothes. I found a skirt in this pattern, not the shirt. We're swapping the h for a k. I found the skirt from this pattern on eBay, but it's not for sale anymore, so it's sold for ninety nine dollars. But I was able to find out that it is one hundred percent silk. Looking at this shirt, I was like, that is not silk. That is polyester. That looks like the most flammable substance.
Speaker 1: Known to man. What Lorelei's wearing?
Speaker 4: O contraire, it is silk according to if it matches the skirt anyway, and this brand is really interesting against Tibby t Ibi. They were founded in nineteen ninety seven. And so when this episode originally aired, which was I have this rate in front of me because I'm so prepared, everybody. This episode originally aired in two thousand, two thousand and one January two thousand and one, so when this was on the air, the brand Tibby was still kind of new, you know, and probably a cool, like hip indie clothing line, which is kind of fun. So if you like this shirt too, just keep looking on eBay for a Tibby green leaf print shirt and if you find it, jump on it. It's very rare, apparently, like the fact that the skirt popped up is remarkable. But it's sold pretty quickly, as I can imagine. So, and you know, we love that skirt, We love that whole outfit. I wish we got to see it more, but unfortunately she changes out of it pretty quickly. Now let's move on to Rory and Dean. They are necking on a bench. They're kissing each other, okay, they're locking lips. They're young and in love, and we haven't really talked about Dean's fashion much on this show. He's not quite the fashionista that the Gilmore girls are, but I kind of like what he's wearing here. I think it's really interesting. He's wearing fleece on fleece. Baby, He's wearing fleece on fleece. He's got a This is a very a nineties holdover, if you ask me.
Speaker 1: He's wearing like a.
Speaker 4: Nineties looking red fleece pullover with like a navy color blocking that's layered underneath a gray fleece vest that has navy trim. It's a really interesting assortment of colors. Again, very nineties. I know where when they film these episodes, and they're filming this in Burbank, California, it's even if you do this in the dead of winter, the coldest it's going to get is like forty degrees.
Speaker 1: He is that man is sweating.
Speaker 4: That's got to be uncomfortable to wear that much folicce in the Burbank's sun. So I am really feeling for mister Jared Padilaki there. But it's fun to talk about Dean's fashion because we don't get to do that very often. Next we get we have another really interesting look from Lorelei when she and Soki are getting ready for their double date and we are going to talk about that, but first I have a little musical performance for you.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: This is a song that I call goods and Services advertised by people that we trust and admire, and it starts off with a drum solo. One, two, three, four, Oh we're back. Hey, it's Easton Allen. This is Stars Hello style On. I am all in In case you don't know where you are in podcast land, Thank you for being here. If you can hear my voice, Everything's okay, Everything's going to be fine. We're having a good time over here. We're talking about season one, episode twelve double date. This is Gilmore Girls, by the way, the TV show Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the fashion.
Speaker 4: I was just I was just kind of rambling on about this other outfit and I'm going to continue to ramble here, So get comfortable. Suki and Lorelei are getting ready for their double date with Jackson and his delightful cousin Run. Suki at this point is wearing a raspberry pink sweater and Laura's wearing this like button up. It also looks silk, a button up pink like spotted shirt. It's like a multi color spots but mostly pink. It's very cool. It's a cool shirt. Once again, compliments Sooki so well. It's it's just I love how in sync their wardrobe is in this episode. It really it makes me feel like I'm one of the one of their friends, you know. I just love seeing that, and I love their friendship so much. I really think it's something special. And Loreli is trying really hard to make this love connection happen for her dear friend. This is this date. Unfortunately for Loreli does not go as well. We do not like Ruin. And on the other side of town, Rory and Deaner are out to a movie watching Attack of the Fifty Foot Woman. You know, Rune was so fixated on Lorelei's heights, so it's kind of a funny movie choice that they're they're watching over there. But Rory and and Dean they're having a fine time.
Speaker 1: But Lane.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, Lane on a bad date. He's out with this lame dude named he wants to major in Jim. He sucks. We don't like Todd. Layne is desperately trying to talk to this young man. She's trying to make a connection. She's trying to talk about music. She loves music. She's bringing up all kinds of stuff, and she eventually asks him about the band on his shirt. He is wearing a T shirt of the band Fugazi. She asks him if he likes Fugazi. He says he didn't realize he was wearing a Fugazi shirt. He got the shirt from his sister.
Speaker 1: Wow. How cool.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna point this out because I think this is a very interesting detail. This Fugazi shirt is custom. They made this for the episode because Fugazi never made merchandise. They were very anti T shirts. Specifically, they did not want any merchandise to be made, so there are no Fugazi shirts. You can't actually get one from the band. That's if you see a Fugazi shirt out there, it's a fake or in this case, you know, a custom job for this because they wanted this character to talk about Fugazi. I gein the only like the closest thing Fugazi had to a shirt is this. One company started making T shirts. If you're in the if you're in the punk scene like I am, if you're part of the punk underground, you've seen this, but there's a shirt that says this is not a Fugazi T shirt in like giant lettering. It's kind of a famous shirt. You'd see it all the time a punk shows. That's the closest we got to an official Fugazi shirt. Because Ian McKay, the singer of Fugazi and from a minor threat, he hated this merchandise thing. But he saw this T shirt floating around this this is not a Fugazi shirt, and he thought that was very funny. He thought that it was hysterical. I agree, and so the band allowed this company out of Boston to make these T shirts, but under the condition that any profit they made had to be donated to a charity. So they did that until the company went out of business. But I thought that was kind of interesting. So that's the closest you can get. Two Fogazzi T shirt. That is not what Todd is wearing. He's wearing a cheap imitation that they made for the show. Anyway, I thought that was kind of interesting. A little bit of fashion punk rock T shirt history for you on Stars Hollow Style. Now we're back at Luke's Diner. They have on the other bad date with Lourai and Souki. They have ditched the French restaurant. There at Luke's Now Luke looking so good. Guy, He's looking good in this first season.
Speaker 1: I really.
Speaker 4: He's wearing his backwards blue hat that Laura gave him a couple episodes ago. He's wearing his Wrangler pearl snap shirt. We have talked about this before. This is a staple of his wardrobe at this point. He looks so dreamy, looks so good. I at first it bothered me that he puts his little notepad for right now in order.
Speaker 1: He puts it in the front of his pants, that kind of weirded be out. But now I like it. I like it a lot. Just what a dream boat.
Speaker 4: I can't wait for him to pull that up, that pad out and start writing down orders. It just looks so good. So yeah, a great Luke, look here in this Steiner. The next the next day, you know, missus Kim finds out that Lane went on a date with a boy and she lied about it.
Speaker 1: She's really mad.
Speaker 4: Laura goes to talk to her, and oh man, Laura, I should be grounded for this outfit.
Speaker 1: She should not be allowed to go on a date.
Speaker 4: She oh, man, Okay, here's what Laura is wearing in case you need a visual here if you need to jog your memory. She's wearing a cherry red leather jacket with an orange scarf. It looks like a velvet to me. It's a weird texture on top of a green and red Paisley shirt. So many different colors, so much chaos. I think this outfit was supposed to make you feel uneasy and like something's wrong because everyone's getting in trouble here. It makes you feel like you're experiencing the wrath of an overbearing mother. It's just a I strongly disliked this outfit. It's so unfortunate to look at. She wears it for the rest of the episode. She goes to Luke's after this encounter with missus Kim and takes her She takes the red leather jacket and the scarf off, and we're just left with this gross Paisley shirt. Man, I can't stand it. Okay, So, and then the episode ends. So that's all the fashion for this episode. Season one, episode twelve, Double Date. Let's go through our favorites and least favorite. I'm just gonna get the least favorite out of the way. Okay, I don't like being too negative here, but the last outfit we see from Laura Lai, the red leather jacket, the scar the weird orange velvet scarf.
Speaker 1: I didn't like this outfit at all.
Speaker 4: Okay, Laura, I had some good looks in this episode, that is not one of them. My favorite, though, has got to be what she wore to the inn, what she wore to work at the beginning, the green silk tibby shirt which you can try to find with the leaf pattern on it. I really like that, and the white pencil skirt. I love that outfit. It looks so good on her, and I thought it was such an interesting and pleasant assortment of colors.
Speaker 1: I loved it. Bravo, Laurli. That was my favorite outfit. What's yours?
Speaker 4: Go on our instagram at I Am all In Podcast. We've got a post up with some screenshots from this and you can let me know what you like about this episode. This is a conversation. Okay, I know I'm just screaming to the void, but I want to talk to you about this. So that's what fashion is all about, Okay, It's wearing cool clothes and generating conversation and making connections. Next week we're going to do this again. It's a season one, episode thirteen concert interrupt us. We're going to talk about the close of that episode two. It's going to be so much fun. I can barely contain myself. I can't wait until then. Thank you so much for joining us once again. And if you want to hear more of me, just to more episodes of this, or you can listen to Scrubbing In with Becatilly and Tanya rad or you can listen to the Misspelling podcast the Tory Spelling I talk about dancing with the stars on there, or you can listen to Are You a Charlotte where we recap sex and the City. I'm on there sometimes too. That this has been a lot of fun and until next time, you look great?
Speaker 1: Okay, don't you forget that?
Speaker 3: Bye? Everybody adult forget.
Speaker 2: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.