Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, I'm Strong and KATTETI and he Armstrong and Geddy.
Speaker 2: Formhouse figure Nancy Pelosi is on the bend after undergoing hip replacement surgery at a US military base in Germany.
Speaker 1: The eighty four year.
Speaker 2: Old tripped and fell on Friday while attending the ceremony in Luxembourg commemorating the eightieth anniversary of the.
Speaker 3: Battle of the Bulge, which she fought in. Nancy Pelosi fell down. I didn't know that happened, Like you fall break your hip so bad they replace your hip right there at the emergency room.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, and I'm happy. I guess no videos.
Speaker 3: I assumed I would see her falling down the stairs with the broken hip put to music, because there had to be this video on everything in the modern world.
Speaker 1: But I haven't seen anybod eos. I don't want to see an old lady falled.
Speaker 4: Out, old ladies being injured as a well spring for mirth. Yeah, I disagree, Yeah, that would happen.
Speaker 1: I rejected.
Speaker 3: Nancy Pelosi from San Francisco, where there was a tornado warning over the weekend for the first time ever because there was a tornado south of San Francisco. Somebody texted, would be a poop Nato, taking from the theme of the fabulous movie series Shark Nato, where the tornadoes pick up the sharks out of the ocean and you got sharks flying through the air.
Speaker 1: That would happen with the streets. Let us go up poop Nato. Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, Well clean off the streets anyway. Combine that with some nice rain that would be very, very effective. But thankfully or regretfully, the tornado states south anyway.
Speaker 1: I hope everybody's okay.
Speaker 4: So perhaps you saw the headline over the weekend that ABC News and George Stephanopolis have settled and agreed to contribute fifteen million dollars to Donald Trump's presidential foundation or museum to settle a defamation lawsuit filed by Trump against the network and its star.
Speaker 1: He had.
Speaker 4: It's funny. I'm looking at a couple of different accounts. The Wall Street Journal soft pedaling it a little bit. Stephanoppolos said on Earl Take two on air earlier this year that the president elect had been found civilly liable for raping writer E. Gene Carroll, and a federal jury, while it determined Trump was liable for sexual abuse, specifically rejected the rape allegation.
Speaker 3: Not even sexual assault, sexual abuse is what they went with.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, it's it's a civil suit, so it goes by different names than criminal stuff. But yeah, and Stephanopolis, according to I think it was. Fox News said it ten times during an interview with Nancy mace Im that either way was beat down by a transgender activist the other day got no attention on the dying lie media.
Speaker 3: She's walking around in a sling because she was physically attacked by a transactivist.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if a sitting.
Speaker 3: Democrat in our federal government were attacked by some mega person.
Speaker 1: What a story that would be.
Speaker 4: The Capitol would be shut down it via some sort of national day of mourning. The President would have given a rambling, incoherent speech. Yeah, it's just unbelievable. Excuse me, sip of coffee. I'm a bit of an addict, you.
Speaker 1: See, I'm doing the captag in today. I'm so tired. Wow, kicking Syrian style.
Speaker 4: Huh that meth substitute that's captured the hearts of Middle Easterners.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 4: Along with the contribution, ABC will pay a million dollars in legal field fees for Trump's lawyer, and Disney owned ABC News posted a note on its website Saturday that said, quote ABC News and George Stephanopolis regret statements regarding President Donald J. Trump made during the interview aired March tenth on This week, was Stephanopolis misinformed?
Speaker 1: Or what I mean? Because he's a smart guy.
Speaker 3: He knows you can't go around and call people rapists who aren't convicted rapists?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, right. People are claiming some people are claiming that, look, you know, sexual abuse, including perhaps penetration, fits what a lot of people would consider rape. But evidently ABC News and their lawyers either thought, now, we're not gonna win this or it would be so enormously expensive, both literally and in terms of alienating even Trump sympathetic viewers. They thought, let's put this behind us. But you've got to feel really, really vulnerable to say, yeah, we'll pay sixteen million dollars. I would think so. Plus the embarrassment. Are they capable of embarrassment? In your opinion?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I gotta believe that that when they see themselves such a leading edge the resistance against the evil Trump. To have to cut him a big check and apologize has got to be really something they hated to do. For what it's worth, a CNN is in a different courtroom and they've been losing critical motions in a defamation case. Anchored Jake Tapper and CNN are being sued by Navy veteran Zachary Young after falsely suggesting that he and his organization were exploiting desperate Afghan refugees. They discovery uncovered malicious and unprofessional emails from producers promising to nail Young and make this segment his funeral. It'll be interesting to see where that goes. CNN with the opposite of deep pockets. By the way, as long as we're talking about this, this is stunning.
Speaker 4: Viewers have flocked to Fox News in the wake of Donald Trump's election last month, while ratings for MSNBC and CNN have tumbled. MSNBC averaged six hundred and three thousand primetime viewers WOW from the day after the election through December eighth, down by more than half.
Speaker 3: WOW, so even their full ritings were only two million nationwide. Cable news channels have outsized influence on the rest of the media. I don't think they have much influence on human beings.
Speaker 4: Well, CNN dropped a little less, down just forty six percent, but they started with less. They dropped down to four thousand and one I'm sorry, four hundred and one thousand viewers average prime time viewers.
Speaker 1: Now, there are ten podcasts you haven't heard of that are a bigger deal than any of those shows on CNN or MSNBC.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, listening to this would Fox News was up twelve percent, up, averaging two point seven million viewers. In other words, five and a half times well six twenty four carry the Streek six and a half times as much as CNN six and a half and about four and a half times word an MSNBC.
Speaker 3: Somebody tweeted out the most important thing you learned by going to public school. I want to share that with you when we come back, because I thought it was interesting. But before we take a break, what do you think of Trump's tweet over the weekend that he's going to do away with changing the clocks. Does he have the power to do that with an executive order or something like that? But I could see him finally breaking through that whatever that is that keeps us from doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, the second part I agree with. Yeah. I think he Congress would have to do it.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure that if Trump came out in favor of ending daylight saving time, that the anti Trump fanatics, the Trump derangement syndrome crowd, would suddenly profess their never ending love of Sunday evening way everything goes in this silly country.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I think we said this last week. Why don't we try it? And if we all.
Speaker 3: Decide, oh, this does suck, it's too dark in the morning or.
Speaker 1: Something, well, then we'll go back.
Speaker 3: The lack of willingness to try something once it's not gonna constanty harm.
Speaker 1: I just don't get.
Speaker 4: It's a weird like subcategory of decadence or you know, symptom of decadence in this country.
Speaker 1: We are so not.
Speaker 5: The the strapping young man of a country that's off on an adventure and is willing to take on risks and defend itself with its fists, just kind of that up and coming country.
Speaker 4: We're now such the fat, lazy conservative country that you know, somebody with her it's the tax code or this the idea of let's try it for two years and see how we like it.
Speaker 1: Well, we better not. I don't know. It might not go great.
Speaker 4: God, we become the opposite of what made us great. Maybe it's inevitable. I don't know the life cycle of empires. I've been reading about it lately. You can tweak it, but maybe there's just no changing it.
Speaker 3: So I got this thing about public school I came across on Twitter I thought was interesting. Also, this comment I found intriguing. Katie will have to weigh in on whether it's just misogynistic or rings true or not only a female point of view.
Speaker 1: Among other things. On the way stay with us, experts.
Speaker 3: Are saying that parents of teenagers should teach them porn literacy, particularly stepmothers. Any idea what porn literacy is, I could guess, better do so.
Speaker 4: Understand putting it in prospective understanding it's not real.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I've done that, so I would guess that makes sense. So a quick thing on only fans speaking of porn, and I've got a bigger thing on only fans later in the culture. Worst thing that I can't wait to talk about. I've become so much more culturally conservative as I got older. As I get older, which is common thing people do. But anyway, this tweet, see if this makes sense to you, Katie, since you know somebody who's successful and only fans OnlyFans era has This is from a dude. OnlyFans Era has absolutely obliterated the hot waitress restaurant and Gimmick just went to a Twin Peaks that's a like sports bar sort of restaurant, and I swear to god, it was like they pulled the chicks straight from behind the desks of the DMV and shoved them into skippy outfits.
Speaker 1: Horrifying. Now, obviously that.
Speaker 3: Is a certain kind of guy, but is there so used to be if you're a hot young woman, you could go work in a supports bar, you know, certain kind of places and probably make really good tips.
Speaker 1: Has only fans done away with that?
Speaker 3: It's like, why would I ever work at a restaurant for this wage and hope for tips when I can go on only Fanny any guests on that?
Speaker 6: Uh I I can see where he's going with that, but I think that's quite the stretch.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I would put it like this.
Speaker 4: You have a young woman who is physically attractive, aware of it, and thinks, hmm, I can use this to better myself economically. And it used to be the Hooters, the Twin Peaks or whatever, the sports bar was the most effective way to do that short of becoming a.
Speaker 3: Stripper, which is in into a different area of Yeah, you're a different person, you go that work.
Speaker 4: Right, It's it's I understand that being an only fans model, particularly if you bear all, is very much like being a stripper, except you're in a very very safe environment controlled by yourself. So yeah, it's it's a better alternative to exploit that economic opportunity.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know that.
Speaker 6: I think only fans holds that label though. I mean, no matter what you're doing on it, whether it's full full nudity or not, you're still on only fans And that holds kind of like a I guess there's a stigma with it, I would think.
Speaker 4: Or someone else probably an appropriate time to mention, yeah, we're aware of that. The British only fans woman who had sex with one hundred guys in a day. Yeah, that's going to fit into the culture war thing. We well look forward to chatting about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, just wondered if anybody had any thoughts on that. So, since we're gonna go big on that sort of thing later, let me skip to this, which I came across I thought was really interesting. Just another random tweet from somebody. Maybe the most important thing you learn by attending public school is that we are all at the mercy of the bottom quin tile. The rules you follow in life will be based on the behavior of the bottom quintile. The taxes you pay are to support the bottom quin tile. The greatest risks to your life and property will come from the bottom quintile. The death of comfortable public spaces is because you have to allow the bottom quintile to be there. Our zoning laws are developed for fear of the bottom quintile. Probably the best best to learn this and accept it early in life.
Speaker 4: Wow, that is a bitter and perceptive thing to point out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have either kid in public school at this point, but I understand what they what they're driving at there the rules. There's particularly this line I liked, the rules in life. The rules you have to follow in life will be based on the behavior of the bottom quintile.
Speaker 1: That has always driven.
Speaker 4: Me crazy, right, right, Wow, I'll talk to any cop and the percentages that are different, and it's not twenty percent, but they'll tell you I spend ninety percent of my time on two percent of the population.
Speaker 3: Right, and so kind of fitting in with that, and schools all across the country. The New York Times had this horrifying article that I couldn't quite figure out if it's one.
Speaker 1: Of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Grab a half a dozen things that happened across this giant nation and pretend there's a trend occurring or this is a trend, or somewhere in between.
Speaker 1: They're talking about all.
Speaker 3: The videos of brawls at schools, particularly cafeterias, but it can happen in any school anywhere, all across the United States, and how this has become a thing. Let me read a couple of paragraphs from the New York Times article. Across the United States, technology centered on cell phones in the form of text messages, videos, and social media has increasingly fueled and sometimes intensified campus brawls, disrupting schools and derailing learning. The school fight videos then often sparked news cycles of student cyberbuwling, verbal aggression and violence. A New York Times review of more than four hundred fight videos from schools in California, Georgia, Texas, and a dozen other states, as well as interviews with three dozen leaders, teachers, police officers, pupils, parents and researchers, found a pattern of middle and high school students exploiting phones and social media to arrange, provoke, capture, and spread footage of brutal beatings among their peers, and several cases students later died from the injuries.
Speaker 1: Holy cow, I know.
Speaker 3: I saw that headline and I didn't even read the article because I didn't want it to be true, and I wanted it to be a Okay, it's happening sometimes maybe more than it used to or I'm not even sure of that. And they turned this into a story. I'm hoping that's the case, because I don't want it to be a growing trend.
Speaker 4: I will keep some details vague to protect the innocent, but a longtime friend of the family, career teacher, including substitute teaching on and off a lot, landed a long term substituting gig in a nice part of the world, well fairly nice part of a great state that may or may not border the Pacific Ocean, and a week or two in said, Nope, I'm out students were uncontrollable in a way she'd never seen before.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I have a friend whose wife teaches high school and has been afraid for her safety many, many times.
Speaker 1: It just comes with the job.
Speaker 3: When were teachers ever afraid for their safety when I was a kid. I don't know if that ever happened.
Speaker 4: Once working class suburb of Chicago where I went to school, it was utterly unthinkable. The idea of violence against a teacher sure unthinkable.
Speaker 3: Or intimidating them right through threat of violence, no way, you can put up without it for obvious reasons.
Speaker 4: No, no happened on our watch, not the kids. No that it can't be said enough, can't be said enough. The adults make the rules and come up with the punishments.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I realize it sounds like a religent right winger, but I happen to be correct on this. It is the policies of the left that have brought us this this madness. I've got a bunch of stories from schools around the country where they well, the kids are way behind. The recovery from COVID and the COVID shutdowns in the US much worse than other countries.
Speaker 1: And part of the reason.
Speaker 4: Is it's because they're teaching them all sorts of crap and not the basics.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We're talking about this when we got drones hovering above us doing god knows what.
Speaker 1: We'll check in on a drone story. It was covered quite a bit in the media over the weekend. We'll see who was saying, what about what?
Speaker 4: If you haven't been probed yet, you will be get ready.
Speaker 1: Just prepare yourself, armstrong, and getty.
Speaker 7: My feeling is, and it's a hunch more than knowledge. Because we have yet to receive the briefing that I've demanded. The federal government knows a lot less than it should.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a high profile Democratic Senator, Richard Bloomenthal in a you know, when you got a White House, a Democrat in the White House who's not getting briefings and doesn't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: So mean that had the theory earlier about what it might be.
Speaker 3: Maybe talk about that again later, But how would that leave out a guy like Richard Blumenthal?
Speaker 1: Just that I don't know if that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Anyway, a fair amount of conversation over the weekend, will play a couple of clips, then discuss, uh, this is waste of skin. Alejandro majorcis, who is the DHS secretary on ABC this week, and right after him, Chris Christy was on, it is our.
Speaker 8: Job to be vigilant in the federal government on behalf of the American public, and we can assure their safety by reason of that vigilance. If we identify any foreign involvement or criminal activity, we will communicate with the American public accordingly.
Speaker 1: That is this a mass hystary of some sort.
Speaker 9: Well, here's why, George, because of answers, like the secretary just cave they're not answering the questions.
Speaker 1: Well, he said that they're monitoring it.
Speaker 8: They haven't seen any unusual activity, and they need more authority.
Speaker 9: Let me say something. I agree that they need more authority, but to say this is not unusual activity, it's just wrong.
Speaker 3: What he said, we're monitoring it, got I government people were keeping an eye on that.
Speaker 1: What is it? Chris Christy goes on.
Speaker 9: I'd want our state police to be able to have the authority to bring those drones down, yes, and find out why they're doing what they're doing now we're talking, and of course we'd have to coordinate with the FAA, but we do that kind of coordination.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 9: But the states do not have enough authority now to do what they need to do.
Speaker 1: And what we're gonna find.
Speaker 9: Is you're gonna have individuals acting as drone vigilantes and they're gonna start taking them down. That's not what we want because they're now an important part of commerce, and law enforcement uses them frequently for surveillance and other things. We need to be able to operate in a safe way, and we're not doing that.
Speaker 3: So that is that is I'm surprised that hasn't happened already that somebody who operates, you know, decent sized drones hasn't brought one of these down somehow.
Speaker 4: First of all, interesting and ironic that you have waste of skin. Mayork is followed by excess user of skin Chris Christy debating the issues of the day.
Speaker 1: But back to the facts.
Speaker 3: Before we get to the facts, did you say the tweet from Doc Trump over the weekend with his explanation of the drones in New Jersey they were all delivering Chris Christy McDonald's it's got an Ai picture of an extra fat Chris Christie sitting there eating French fries and Big Max as drones lowered them down to right.
Speaker 4: That's the incoming president of the United States with that sophomorec Ai gag, oh my gosh, slash fat joke at the expense of arrival, my god. Well to summarize it, and then we've got some more good audio. But the Wall Street Journal Editorial board said, drones and the cost of lost trust conspiracy theories fly in public. Anger builds when Americans don't believe their government, and they cite this joint statement by the FBI and Department of Homeland Security. Ah, they got together to craft an important statement because people are really stirred up. I quote, we have no evidence at this time that they reported drone sightings post a national security or public safety threat or have a foreign nexus.
Speaker 3: So Mayarcus did point out that the FAA changed its policy last year to allow drones to fly at night as long as they have lights. So part of the I've never seen this before, and Chris Christy said, I've lived in this house for thirty years. I'm seeing drones over my yard. All right, this is new, this is different, and what is it, which is a good question. Mayarchus is saying, well, you couldn't fly drones until late last year at night because they needed lights, and the FA cleared that, so there are new rules allowing it. Okay, that is one explanation. And as we mentioned earlier, everybody is making lots of people are reporting planes. Okay, fine, lots of people are reporting planes. But that doesn't have any That doesn't answer the question to the original drone story, because nobody's denying that there are drones flying around out there. And you had congress people like police chiefs and sending up drones trying to look at him, or a congress person who hired a private I and all kinds of different stuff. I mean, Americus doesn't sound like he's in on the joke. If it's some sort of government pentagon test of some sort of course, he's such a government drone. If he were to announce we just executed one hundred workers at the department for failing to file their forms on time, he would it would be the same total voices he says everything.
Speaker 4: You know, I am astounded personally, this is the first time I've heard about the FAA rule change about drones.
Speaker 3: I had no idea. Yeah, I'm learning this now as we speak. That was the only thing he said yesterday. I thought, oh, okay, that actually kind of makes some sense.
Speaker 1: At the same time, you've got a Chinese national.
Speaker 4: He's in jail right now because he was surveiling is it Vanderberg's space base in California with a drone? He'd been googling drone rules Vandenburg Air Force Bace base, but clearly surveilling our military establishments on behalf of the Chinese government, as the Chinese spy balloon was. So there's something going on. It's not all of the Now every other geek is reporting every airplane that flies over their house. I mean, that's happening too, But that's not all of it. And that's why, you know, I open the show with calling it drone mania. Now it's gone so far beyond the facts of the case. If there was one evil clown lurking at the edge of the woods that we should know about, now everybody's fixated on it and it's just gotten wild.
Speaker 1: In Williams, all.
Speaker 3: Right, but government officials coming on saying the vast majority of the reports turn out to be planes. That is not an explanation. That is you obscuring on purpose this conversation. Here's more for Richard Bluenthal. I think it's important because he's a Democrat, he's a high ranking senator. He's on lots of the mine is that you'd think would know about this. He goes on, it.
Speaker 7: Isn't a matter of classified information. If there is classified data here, it ought to be released to reassure the public. But my fear is that the federal government knows little or nothing about most of these sightings because there are no flight plans and it has not used the drone specific technology that is available. We are to deploy those resources so that the federal government and our state and local officials know a lot more.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is so confusing. Just a little more from him on this.
Speaker 7: There is alarm and there's danger. There's real jeopardy at airports, military installations. That has to be addressed with the authority that the Department of Homeland Security, the FAA, the FBI, the Department of Defense all have right now. And that's why I'm asking for action.
Speaker 10: How do you explain that, How do his words specifically, Well, the fact that he clearly thinks it's important and dangerous and scary.
Speaker 1: At the level that he's at, he clearly.
Speaker 3: Has no idea what's going on, right, So how do you explain it if it's if it's some sort of government operation.
Speaker 4: Well, I think number one twenty twenty four is going to be looked back on as the ear of the drone, not only because of this stuff, but the incredible leap forward in unmanned warrior vehicles on the battlefields of Ukraine and how that technology is being picked up and enlarged upon and innovated all over the world. I was just reading about unmanned submarine vehicles. I happen to have a close relative who may or may not have been a career naval officer who is involved in unmanned arcotic vehicles. This is the direction it's all going in, and this is the opening moment in they're freaking everywhere doing everything land, air, and sea. Having said that, here's what's going on the military, and this is you know, like top secret, compartmented. Dick Blumenthal does not hear about this stuff. He doesn't have that clearance. It's something the military is doing, or the or the intelligence services are doing, or they're observing or doing countermeasures against China or something like that. At the most secret echelonsa government, they know what's going on, and they're just figuring, we're gonna keep our mouths shut because in two to five days, Travis Kelcey is gonna propose to Taylor Swift, or Joe Biden is going to keel over dead, or Trump is going to to pardon Hitler or something, when somewhere exactly right in America is gonna go ape dung over that and forget about this completely. In fact, if I was in charge, that would be my policy. No, we're not saying it's saying they'll forget about it next week.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 3: Well, what about when you're getting to the point that you have sitting government officials and former governors saying we need to bring these down or about to be President Trump said it the.
Speaker 1: Other day, we need to shoot one of these down.
Speaker 4: So we'll just make sure it's the seven o five flight from New York to Miami.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But do you continue to keep it a secret knowing what it is when you got people starting to uh, marshal their resources to bring these down.
Speaker 4: At this point, were I in charge the my Taylor Swift strategies, We've taken a calling it around the bureau. UH is starting to look like maybe it's taking too long. Yeah, I'm at this point. I'm probably gonna say, Look, we've got to give a heads up to the president or something. Have somebody make a statement. It's a top secret program in the US military. We've got under control. Everybody's fits good news, not bad news, just just something like that. You'd think they could. Yeah, more to come on that topic and others. After a word from our friends at Prize Picks. You can now win up to a thousand times your money on Prize Picks. It's the best way to get sports action in more than thirty states, including California, Texas, Georgia, and Florida. And it's so easy to do. You just pick more or less on a bunch of player production projections at least two and go from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And they've also got a way to deal with player injuries and stuff like that that's not going to happen in your fantasy league, you know, because Patrick Mahomes might be hurt for next week. For instance, Prize Picks puts their members first, so all withdrawals are fast, safe and secure. When your picks are hit, you can get your money and as quick as fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Join now because this holiday season, Prize Picks is giving away two free picks in December, and they're giving away thirty plus million dollars in rewards during picksmuths. Sign up today today, get fifty dollars instantly when you play five. You don't even need to win to receive the fifty dollars bonus. It is guaranteed, it's easy, it's fun. Don't download the Prize Picks app today. Use the code Armstrong to get that fifty dollars instantly. After you play your first five dollars. Lineup again. Prize Picks use that code Armstrong. Prize Picks run your game.
Speaker 3: So I think you're right that at some point drones are going to be all over the place. Amazon ups, government spying on you, keeping taking a look at traffic, or for your own good, we're doing this, but they're flying over every aighborhood. I'm surprised that hasn't hapened yet.
Speaker 4: My final note on this I came across this fact to a jack, brace yourself.
Speaker 1: According to the.
Speaker 4: Twitter account that I'll hold back the important part, but it posted we are ft. The drones are Project blue Beam.
Speaker 1: Apparently.
Speaker 4: Project blue Beam Reforms refers to a play by governments in the military to stage celestial events as a pretext to impose authoritarian rule.
Speaker 1: All right, very q and ho ish.
Speaker 4: That Twitter account has one hundred and ninety two thousand followers.
Speaker 1: Whoa Project blue Beam Jack? That's not what happening or is it? No, it's not.
Speaker 4: You'll be part of Project red ass after you look at Project blue Beam. Huh okay, something something, Take to the straits, hold a demonstration.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Yeah, darn it. Things are getting worse, not better. Is anybody noticed that things are getting weird and they're getting weird fast? God? No kidding. That was last year's clip of the air, and it's still true this year. Son of a. Things are getting weird and they getting weird fast.
Speaker 4: And generally that doesn't mean things will be placid next year.
Speaker 3: One funny thing about Mayorcis before we take a break, is my thirteen year old doesn't have any.
Speaker 1: Idea who the.
Speaker 3: Secretary of Homeland Security is, but I was watching news as we drove around, listening to news, and he's kind of interested in the drone story, as any thirteen year old boy would be. But he's listening to Americans and said, who is is that guy? He doesn't say anything. I thought it's interesting that a thirteen year old, without going into it jaded, had that reaction to a droning bureaucrat.
Speaker 1: Who says nothing. Wisdom, young man, Wisdom to that obvious to everyone.
Speaker 3: We've got more on the ways, stay here.
Speaker 1: We got Luigi.
Speaker 4: I really feel sorry for the family.
Speaker 5: Everybody's fixated on how good looking this guy looks.
Speaker 1: If you look like Joana Hill, you no one would care. They'd already give him him a chair, already be dead.
Speaker 5: Okay, but he actually killed a man, a young man, a man with a family, you know, the healthcare ceo.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is a real person. Yeah, but you also got a you know, sometimes drug dealers get shot. Chris Rock on Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 3: Obviously that was controversial, although he went farther than a lot of people on that side of politics have gone in feeling bad about a actual human being, a father, husband, being gunned down by.
Speaker 1: A psychopath Luigi has gotten a high profile lawyer.
Speaker 3: I guess because you got all the gofundmes out there and rich people who want to support his defense.
Speaker 1: Give me ninety one, Michael.
Speaker 11: He was brilliant his whole life. He comes from this great family. I mean something changed, right, significantly, something changed, and they're going to, I think, potentially have a not guilty by reason of insanity potential defense.
Speaker 3: I think that is not only a good way to avoid the worst kind of prison. Probably it might actually be true. He might have gone crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is a gal who is on a panel on ABC and a high profile defense lawyer, and she got hired up by the family who apparently either liked the cut of her jib or sar on ABC or something like that.
Speaker 3: If I have my act together as the murderous scumbag, like my brain's working, what I'm telling my lawyer is I'm guilty and there's no way you're going to be able to do anything about that. But keep me out of one of those horrible prisons where I'm like getting beaten to death by some horrible gang.
Speaker 1: You know that My concern So.
Speaker 4: Two interesting theories about what went to south with this this young man in his brain. And number one, we had a listener who's got some experience with this point out that what appeared to be a really serious spine injury often goes with traumatic brain injury that is or is not always diagnosed properly, and mood changes and personality changes can go along with TBI who knows just a thought because he has a hell of a lot of screws in his spine for a young man of his age. Second thing, though, is Fox News was interviewing this Cornell law professor about how brutally anti corporate this young man appears to be with all of his Ivy League credentials, and he said, quote, it's fairly uniform in the Ivy League and other so called elite educational institutions that they skew extremely heavily to the left among the faculty. The Modern Democratic Party leads very heavily to the left, has a very strong anti American, anti capitalist wing to it. So not surprised me if somebody growing up and getting educated in that atmosphere became radicalized. Activism is now considered a vital part of the teaching for many professors. He said, they do not distinguish between their teaching and their activism. Most clearly manifests itself on the anti Israel front, but it's elsewhere too, on the anti capitalist front. If you're educating yourself in that atmosphere, I certainly could understand why someone would have hostile views towards a health insurance company. So he got radicalized, right, Yeah, so his whole spine injury, brain injury, or maybe win schizophrenic or whatever. That's all possible, of course, But there's also an awful lot of people that went to the same kind of colleges he went to, who think it was a good idea that he killed this guy. So you remember that assistant to English professor her statement the other day that it was the best thing or it made her joyful.
Speaker 1: Or whatever the hell she said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Penn has come out and said antithetical to the values, not condoned, inappropriate, inoffensive or offensive. So yeah, but it was the classic definition of a gaff. She said the quiet part out loud. She accidentally got caught telling the truth.
Speaker 3: So far, there's been no copycat that were aware of an attempt. I hope that continues. We've got a lot more on the way.
Speaker 1: If you miss it now. Get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty