Speaker 1: All right, welcome to over Promise our bonus Cat episode eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: We're Cavino and Rich Fox Sports Radio, Monday through Friday, five to seven on the East, two to four on the West. This is the stuff we can't fit into our show. They only have two hours of greatness. So when we have a guest, we have to bring him on over promis.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: And this is a guy I thought, I know this guy happens, this is my first time meeting I'm saying, see him every day in my life. Scrolling, scrolling, scrolling from barstool. Kevin Clancy, KFC, what's up my friends?
Speaker 4: It's funny how often I get that.
Speaker 5: I get a lot of people saying like, I feel like I know you, or I introduce I say that you're my friend and I've never met you before. So I appreciate that though it means everyone's watching and paying attention, So thank you, man.
Speaker 1: It's the truth. We get more content more how do you do? Is more feedback from you? Then we get our own friends. You know, I'm there on the bowls scrolling and there's Kevin Clancy and I'm like, man, and you're always on top of ship too. It's like, damn, he never stops. So thank you for being here.
Speaker 3: Hold on before you before you get to KFC. Here, you are more of a Jack Mac guy. I am, oh son of a bitch.
Speaker 2: I'm out, you know I do. And I've been telling Rich I'll make Jack Max the guy. Dude.
Speaker 1: I don't know him personally, but I love his content. I love your content too, But Jack Max my guy?
Speaker 2: Is he your guy? Or do you who's your guy at barstool?
Speaker 4: Man, I'm more of a rich guy.
Speaker 1: I mean, you guys got your mets bond and we'll talk about them in a minute.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, Jack's awesome, man, Jack.
Speaker 5: So I mean when we when I started Barstool, I started the New York branch of Barstool, and at that point it was just a blog.
Speaker 4: It was just writing.
Speaker 5: And I view what what I do now on Instagram and YouTube as just video blogs. Like I know the term vlog is out there, but I believe these are These are true vlogs in the sense it's the same topics and the same jokes and the same take.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying it now rather than writing it.
Speaker 5: And when I started it, seeing a pretty you know, pretty good deal of success. Uh and and I kind of told everybody at the company. I was like, you all should do this. This is just the new way to blog. And Jack Mac has really been the only one that took it and ran with it as well. I kind of, you know, I make my bones on the Instagram side, he brushes the TikTok side drives me crazy how many followers he has.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm more of an Instagram guy hence KFC guy and Comno's TikTok boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's like WWS WCW back in the day. You know which Monday night show where you watch it. But he, I mean, he is smoking it on TikTok. He's doing a great job.
Speaker 1: Now, before we talk baseball, we're all baseball fans.
Speaker 2: Baseball's popping, right.
Speaker 1: We've been doing this a long time and it's been cool to see you just explode through that time.
Speaker 2: But I don't know a lot of the backstory.
Speaker 1: So again, thanks for giving us that New York scoop Portanoy always talks about. He was a triple Crown winner in high school baseball. I know you're a big basketball guy, so this is your chance to brag a little bit. What's your impressive stat How good were you? Were you good athlete growing up? Or were you always just a fan?
Speaker 5: I mean I was, I played sports growing up. I would not you know, I don't have a claim to fame. I don't have faster hands than Delano Deshields like David's day. I claim to fame is I was the captain of my basketball team in high school. Okay, we were two and eighteen as I was captained, So that to give you a feel for what kind of team it was.
Speaker 4: So that was that's probably where I peaked. In like fifth and sixth grade little league, I was like getting bombs.
Speaker 5: And then in basketball I was like a little bit bigger. And then once everyone was athletic, big strong, breaking balls, you know, all like it all went to shit after that because if if you got a little taste of puberty before you went to the big baseball field, that's when you.
Speaker 2: Were hitting bombs. That's when you had the opportunity. That was me.
Speaker 1: I stopped growing after twelve, but I was hitting bombs, and literally that was it. And again, as far as backstory, people always ask Rich and I, how'd you meet man? You guys been working together so long, You and poor Nooy, all these guys go so far back. How did you meet? Tell us the story. I want to hear the story, like what was the encounter?
Speaker 4: It's a it's all you know, work and content related.
Speaker 2: So I was.
Speaker 5: I came out of school, I got my MBA, I was an accountant. I was doing the finance worlds. And once I got to work, and I was so miserable working like a cube job. Right, there was a guy there who gave me a list of websites like here's you know, kill time reading these blogs, and barstool was one of them. So I found barstool as a fan. I was reading that, really enjoyed it. Started my own website very in a very similar vein as Barstools, like pop culture sports. Mine also added like a mix of like nineties nostalgia and like movies and stuff like that. And so I was doing that just for fun. I just needed like a creative outlet. And and while I was doing that, he put up a post being like I'm looking to expand out of Boston, like I conquered Boston. We want writers from different cities, and the first one I'm looking for is New York. So at that point I had a good job. I hated it, but it was paid well, it was safe, all that shit, and some of my friends were like, you got to you gotta throw your name in the ring here, and I was like, let me see what happens. I sent it to him and he said something to the effect of like, I've already seen this. Someone's already sent me this and told me to keep an eye on this. So he was already reading it, and it kind of went from there.
Speaker 4: He narrowed it down. We kind of did like.
Speaker 5: An audition for to to get the New York job, and he narrowed it down to me and one other guy. He couldn't decide between us, and he said, how about you guys split the job, split the money, split the writing, and.
Speaker 4: You can keep your old job, which for me was perfect.
Speaker 5: I didn't have to make a jump, I didn't have to risk anything, and that's and then, you know, so I did both jobs for a couple of years, and then once Barstool really started to take off, I made the jump full time. But as far as like meeting Dave, it was really just through through the internet. I mean, I think Once I took the job, I made a trip up to Boston and we like went to dinner and and met. But you know a lot of it was just internet nerd stuff like you blog eye blog.
Speaker 1: Rights and you clicked, and that was what around nine, I guess, right, early two thousands.
Speaker 4: Was when I started New York.
Speaker 5: And it was funny because it was like he it was almost like we were reverse Like I'm the Irish guy in New York.
Speaker 4: He's the Jewish guy in Boston.
Speaker 5: Like wet you know, all his teams won, all my team's lost. So there was this like, you know, mirror image of each other that I think worked really well early on me versus him. And then obviously he's you know, gone onto a whole other level. But you know, yeah, we uh we were the first expansion city, and I think we did a good job of showing Dave that like this worked.
Speaker 4: You know, he would have just packed up and been like, let's just go back to Boston. But that led to Philly and then Baltimore and eventually Chicago, and you know, that was kind of when the Empire started to explode.
Speaker 3: Can't talking about the the ogs like you and Dave and Big Cat. I couldn't fucking believe the pull of the Jordan card.
Speaker 2: Do you see that? Like before everyone else did. That's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised that you're surprised, because you know, there's certain guys Dave, certainly, I've had a long running series called Dave Portnoy has sold his soul to the devil, because it's just like the amount of stuff. He's very talented, very funny, works hard, all that shit, but the amount of stuff that just fell into his lap, Like if Boston doesn't have this dynasty, the exact Dave.
Speaker 4: First of all, Dave goes to Michigan, same class as Tom Brady.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Tom Brady takes over Boston, The Red Sox break the curse, the Bruins win the Cup, the Big Three Celtics win a title, and all of barcels rise coincides perfectly with title down where it just made everything possible. And then Dan is, you know, right behind Dave as another one of these guys who's just you know, absolutely taken over. So yeah, I'm like, those guys should play the lottery every day because yeah, they're gonna they're they're they're they're gonna pull the Jordan rookie cards.
Speaker 2: Like that does unreal.
Speaker 1: It's a perfect storm of Austoin. But you know what, I like you, KFC.
Speaker 2: You're more I feel like you're more relatable. I really do.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: As a result, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: In this internet world.
Speaker 5: I feel like you either got to be like really funny, really talented, really relatable. You got one of those things going for you. And that's always kind of what I you know, the everyman sort of thing.
Speaker 1: And I always say a Mets fan, if you're a Mets fan, it means you have good character. It means you're a nice, loyal and humble guy. You know what it's like to lose. And that's why I teamed up with this dude, because he's a Mets guy and I know you're a big time Mets guy, can'fc.
Speaker 3: I want to know your take on our bet this year. Covino and I decided to do better regular season record one thousand dollars and then for each game differential one hundred bucks. So let's say the Mets have a four game better record than the Yanks. That's fourteen hundred bucks. Is to say, good bet for me or not?
Speaker 4: I think I mean the AL is just so bad.
Speaker 5: But once the you know, prior to injuries, I would have said that's not a great bet, But the way they have started, the way the Yankees have got injured, I think that's gonna be a solid bet. I don't know, I think it's I think it's gonna be a I don't think it's gonna be a huge differential for either whoever ends up winning. But I think the way the Mets are playing, They're only going to get stronger. Uh. The AL being bad is kind of an X factor there, But I think you're both.
Speaker 4: You know, that's gonna be a coin flip button comes down to it.
Speaker 1: I think you nail it. It's gonna be close. But the difference is how stacked the NL is, which is a shock when you think about. For me, I'm an AL kid growing up, I'm a Yankees fan, right the NL growing up, I always thought it was so boring, dude, And now the NL is so exciting with the Padres and the Dodgers and the Phillies and the Mets.
Speaker 3: Baseball, like you said, the way Disney went through their fucking renaissance in the nineties, baseball right now, and baseball Yeah, it's it's back right now. And I'm a big Lindor guy. Can't believe the way Pete Alonzo is playing the thought of us so willy nilly almost let him go this.
Speaker 4: I was never on that train.
Speaker 5: Maybe I know he never you know, recaptured what what he what he put up as a rookie. He was declining, you know, there was some issues, but like he's your all He's gonna be your all time leader at home runs. Yeah, he's gonna put up, you know, at least thirty bombs a year for a franchise that really has never had that. And if they do, it's a couple of guys here and there. People were turning their nose up at him like he was some scrub. I was like, are we are we talking about the same guy.
Speaker 2: I can't understand that.
Speaker 1: It's you know, like it was a negotiating tactic. I think to downplay his value because he's such a great met.
Speaker 3: Well, we're talking on Fox Sports Radio when we're filling in for Dan Patrick this morning about how Luca Nico Harrison said, Oh I didn't know the fans cared.
Speaker 4: I got How crazy was that? How crazy?
Speaker 3: I think Steve Cohen is really in touch with the fans, but I don't think they realized how much met fans like Pete Alonzo some you know.
Speaker 5: Well, but I also on there. I think a couple of things happened. One they came out of the Soto negotiation. Negotiation, I think they had Boris fatigue. I think that was, you know, they were sick of dealing with him, and for whatever reason, as I understand it from what I've heard on like insiders, like there was truly no market for him, which I just can't believe that, like you know, the Rockies or the Twins or somebody who can just throw out, you know, a contract to but when there's nobody bidding, Like, why are you gonna bid against yourself?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I didn't like how it drew out and it kind of like made him look like a chump.
Speaker 4: But I don't know. At the end of the day. Also, it's like he means thirty million dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not like, yeah, it's not like he ended up signing like a veteran minimum, you know. And I'm sure he's he's playing his way into a ton of money right now. And I can't decide whether I'm so happy for him. It's great for the team. I'm sure there's parts of him that's like, fuck yeah, like I'm showing you, guys. And then there's also parts that he must be like, why couldn't I just do this eight months ago?
Speaker 4: God damn it?
Speaker 3: Exactly, I got one less messing and we'll fucking get off the Mets.
Speaker 2: I love your Mets love, but I gotta ask you.
Speaker 3: You know, Gary Vee, Gary Vaynerchuck always talks about how you love losing.
Speaker 2: I love losing.
Speaker 3: Is a Jets guy's talking questions I losing.
Speaker 4: I just had him in the studio today.
Speaker 3: Gary is the central We've known Gary for years, and I've asked him about this. What if the Jets were to win? I think about that for guys like you and me, a KFC, if the Mets were to win, does it listen? I want it more than anything, But then what almost Let's find out.
Speaker 4: Let's let's figure it out together.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 2: You guys are little kids in diapers.
Speaker 4: Last time they won, I was I was one months old. You know. As far as I'm concerned, I don't know anything about that.
Speaker 5: I cannot even fathom whole world I don't know what it would be like.
Speaker 4: I think I'm the only person at barstool.
Speaker 5: Of note, like you know, the major bloggers and podcasters, that has never won a championship. So I've never like professionally, had like the moment to celebrate. I've never had the family moment with my mom. I've never had the friend's moment. You know, I look at like I always talking about fidal Berg, he my co host. Fidal Berg won as like a middle schooler, a high school or a college kid post college. Professionally, like every walk of life he's gotten to do. You know, I was drunk at the parade or like I'm with my old man and he's got every version of it.
Speaker 4: I've never even done one. I cannot.
Speaker 5: I don't even I don't even think about it. Like I watch every day, I watch every year.
Speaker 4: I hope for it, but.
Speaker 5: I don't ever. You know, there are there are people right now who are like, this is our year. I'm like, I can't, I cannot declare anything like that. I'm just I'm just trying to make it to the playoffs back to back seasons.
Speaker 1: Which sweeter tho when you finally win as a Mets fan, we got to go back to ninety nine, two thousand.
Speaker 3: We don't count that twenty sixteen one game back to back, that's bullshit.
Speaker 2: So back to back is a victory. Yo, We're gonna talk.
Speaker 4: To the division, you know, just being you know, any sort of consistent. I think that's what they're building now. So I'm happy about that.
Speaker 2: I uh, my daughter. I know you got kids.
Speaker 3: My daughter is seven and she's like, dad, when was the last time the Mets won the championship? And I'm like, buddy, it's fucking been a long time.
Speaker 2: And here's a.
Speaker 3: Question for you, being you know, you're a New Yorker. I'm out here in La. All my kids friends are Dodgers fans. My daughter went to Hello Kiddy Night the other night with her friends and came back with a Dodger's hat.
Speaker 2: Didn't show hey hit a bomb? That man, show hey hit a bomb?
Speaker 4: And my kids this is how it happens, all of a sudden, you got My.
Speaker 3: Kids are like Dad, we like the Mets, But is it okay if we like the Dodgers too. My son is five and he's like dad, I like Lindor and Otani.
Speaker 5: I'm like, you can't I mean I kind of had a rule. I really like went through a mental I was when I first had kids. I was like, I truly don't know if I'm gonna put this on them, because.
Speaker 4: It was like prior to Cohen and Jets are the Jets.
Speaker 5: And I was like, I don't I don't you know, I know, I know we all say it builds character and it's gonna be when it finally happens, but like it sucks, and it sucks for thirty five years of my life, and I was thinking, like, maybe I'm not going to put this on them. I just kind of had one rule in my mind. I was like, you just can't be a Yankees fan. You can't be a Patriots fan. Everyone else like, go ahead, right, But then once you start, you know, once they become of age to really know what's going on. But like the Dodgers wouldn't wouldn't bother me except for the fact that, like they're the team.
Speaker 4: We have to get over the hump right now, you know.
Speaker 5: But if like if they wanted to be a fan of like another team that's on the West Coast or in the al or.
Speaker 2: Like the Angels, like fine, love yes, right.
Speaker 5: Root for Mike Trout like that doesn't affect me in any way, but it is interesting to like, you know, I don't want to curse you with this life and.
Speaker 4: Hopefully it's different though hopefully for them.
Speaker 5: You know, it's like if Steve Cohen turns this thing aroud, they grow up like we've known nothing but winning.
Speaker 4: But you know, a long way to go before we can cross that room, which.
Speaker 2: Helps with the confidence a little bit.
Speaker 1: Seriously, before you get into coaching kids, I think you have a question, Rich. I did want to ask you the age old debate that we have all the time as a Yankees and Mets fan Keith Hernandez or Donnie Baseball, don Manningley and why were you a big Keith kid growing up?
Speaker 5: I mean, it's funny again, I was so young in the eighties that like I think of Keith, I'm a big Keith guys in the booth. Yeah, I've seen his highlights. I know what he meant. He was awesome. Everyone from that eighty sixteen in the eighties was like, you know, baseball lore. But I think of him as just like this unbelievable, hilarious, ridiculous broadcaster as far as baseball goes.
Speaker 4: I mean they're both. They're actually probably very comparable. I feel like Keith's glove was like out of this.
Speaker 2: World, Oh my god, so comparable. Yeah, he had eleven gold gloves, Manningly had nine. Right, Yeah, they go back and forth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and and like maddingly, I don't I hate every Yankee with like the fire of a thousand sons. Haus maddingly missed the dynasty, like just missed it, you know. They a and then he retires right before ninety six. I don't hate him as much, so I'm like, it's one guy I could maybe give some props to the rest of them I hate with every fiber of my being.
Speaker 3: So it's so crazy how close their stats are though. Yeah even yeah, yeah, Kevin, uh, we follow you. We love what you do. I want to talk about your your new alcohol in a second, because that's that's pretty fucking cool.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan of what you're doing there be.
Speaker 3: But I gotta ask you about the kids sports scene, because, like I said, I have a seven year old and a five year old.
Speaker 2: I see your beautiful daughter and your son. You're involved the.
Speaker 3: Time, it takes, the commitment, the traveling, everything involved and I.
Speaker 2: Saw you you had your kid. He played up a level and he finally got his first double.
Speaker 3: I saw that clip, like talk about the emotions of fucking not only parenting and coaching.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a it's a trip.
Speaker 4: Huh, dude, it's it's more. It means more to me than I think to them, they're.
Speaker 5: Just like fun, They're doing their activities and I'm like on the sidelines dying.
Speaker 4: Of you know, I'm so nervous.
Speaker 5: Then what I've learned, I've learned a few things. The baseball team he plays for is the west Chester Giants. They are unbelievable. Like they have this indoor facility that they can go to and these professional coaches and they win championships. They have three different alternate uniforms and like all this walk up music, the whole nine, right, And you would think, at least I thought those are going to be the teams that they take it too seriously and that the coaches are crazy and then it's not fun. And I've learned it's the total opposite. Those guys are awesome and they take it like appropriately serious, but they're also having a good.
Speaker 4: Time and they're teaching.
Speaker 5: It's like the wrec dads and the families of the other teams that I find to be way worse where there are people taking it too seriously.
Speaker 4: We were playing flag football against the guy the other day. He was making a kid play in a boot.
Speaker 5: I was like, you're gonna do like irreparable damage this guy and he's grab another kid by the back of his neck, and like I was like this. You know, I cannot stand the people who get too serious about it. But then there are moments where I'm like ready to argue with an umpire or like you know, I'm like, all, I gotta relax.
Speaker 2: The parents are always the problem.
Speaker 1: Do you ever get any flak from the opposing parents because they know who you are, they watch your videos? Do you get any people coming up to you about that?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you.
Speaker 5: So, my daughter plays on a basketball team. My daughter was like a gymnastics dance kind of girl, like she was doing the quote unquote girls sports if you will, and then she was like, I want to play hoops, and I was like, let's do it. She turns out to be like great at basketball, joins the coyo team. And there's this girl, her name is Isabella. I think she might legitimately be the best third grade basketball players.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 5: He plays for the Gauchos with the boys. She pays aau gaucho boys with the boy so she's like lights out. And I made a video about her. They won the championship. She had like twenty five points in the championships, like dribbled through the legs behind the back. It's like watching an N one tour. And I made a video about her. And we had a game the other day and as we walked in, an opposing mom like noticed me and said, uh, that's number twelve, And that was the girl was talking about. She goes number twelve, huh, And I was like, yeah, it's kind of weird, and she goes, we're coming for you, and I.
Speaker 4: Just went like yeah, and we blew their doors off. We won like two and four or whatever.
Speaker 2: It was nice.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 4: That's the only time I've really had anybody.
Speaker 5: But it's always a little dicey, like like my daughter is in a dance on a dance team and they got robbed.
Speaker 2: She got robbed. Recently. I saw that dad.
Speaker 4: Dude, that was the most I've ever been.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 5: The girl who won, all the girls who won their mom was running the talent show, and I was like, this is crazy, but the dance team does this. Uh you know, you got to go door to door and sell popcorn to raise money. And it was like a lot of you know, they were They asked her for like a thousand bucks.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like chump change.
Speaker 5: And I made a video being like I kind of hate this fundraising stuff, and that made its way back to the dance teacher and I get a text being like, you don't have to participate, you can just write a check. And I was like, all right, I'm sorry. I'm just being an idiot. I'm an asshole on the internet. That's what I do to make money.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are times I'm like, yeah, if I forget when we say parents could hear, that's what I know. Yeah, you know what one last thing about the kids coaching. You said the walk up music, the nice fields. I'm the I'm the coach. I'm the guy dragging the field, lining ahead of time. And someone's like, who did that when you were a kid. I'm like, I think we just played on shitty field. I don't remember it that, Yeah, I mean I don't. I mean I don't want to sound like an old guy, but I mean like there was I don't remember, like a dad raking the field, like we're at Chase Stadium or something.
Speaker 1: In the sam line was spare tire for second making.
Speaker 3: You remember someone lining the field? The chalk was like maybe a month ago when I played, Like.
Speaker 5: Do you remember like my teams used to have like a bag of bats that were just like a hunk of metal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there were bats from the seventies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, with just like a regular like rubber rubber. Yes, yes, And now these kids are they have like legitimately four hundred dollars back. So I'm like, you, guys, you don't even know what balls and strikes are yet you're swinging a five hundred dollars bat.
Speaker 4: It's insane.
Speaker 3: It's so funny you would say that because when they say each kid should bring their own bad I'm like, when I was a kid, I don't think I had my own bat. I just used like the team bat, like your own bad remember getting I actually bought it on eBay last month.
Speaker 4: I remember. I have a core memory of we were at like the Sporting good store. There was this.
Speaker 5: Beautiful graphite Eastern bat it was black and blue, and I wanted it, and my mom was like, no, it's too expensive, we're not going to get it. I went home all disappointed. The next day, I come home from school and she had bought it for me, and it's like seared into my mind. I found it on eBay and I bought it just to have it. But that was like when I got my own bat. It was like a thing because I was using the hunk of metal that.
Speaker 4: The team provides exactly now.
Speaker 5: It's like kids have their batting practice bat, their game bat, their tournament bat.
Speaker 2: Or you're so right, a torpedo bad.
Speaker 3: Not to sound like old guys, but even like my five year old son has a home and away jersey and a warm up jersey three.
Speaker 4: I know years, and that's just a racket that's he does that.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I get the value back because they really are good coaches and all that, so that I don't know mind.
Speaker 4: It's the other ship that drives me crazy.
Speaker 1: Speaking of bats, and by the way, I had the Eastern Big Barrel and the Black Magic and all those you peaked at twelve, though twelve sitting bombs with those Hey is portantly serious about the torpedo bats.
Speaker 2: Have you talked to him about this? Do you think they're illegal?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Why does he why.
Speaker 1: That's such a hard Like I love his stuff and everything he talks about. That's the one thing I'm like, is he serious about this?
Speaker 5: Well, there's two things, and I'm in the same boat with this. First one, the Yankees did it first, Okay, so that's if the Twins did it, I wouldn't give a ship. The Yankees do it first. I need you, and that's how it works. And the second thing is he does love his high school careers triple Crown, and so this was posed as like, you know, Jazz Chisholm needs this because he's getting sawed off because he you know, he doesn't have fast enough hands, and he's like, I wouldn't need that, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I'm a star. So that's it always goes back to ego with Dave. That's all. That's all that together.
Speaker 3: That's why Keith is better than Don Mattingly because he calls him Chez jiss.
Speaker 2: He always just he always missed.
Speaker 1: I know, Hey, we're here with Kevin Clancy KFC, the One minute Man. And one of my favorite things that you do is your conspiracy stuff, So yeah, get your tinfoil hat.
Speaker 4: I really do.
Speaker 1: I love it, man, I get so excited when it's something different. I'm like, all right, let's get into it because I love it and I want to get.
Speaker 2: Me on the Pyramids.
Speaker 3: Brode, you had everybody.
Speaker 1: And you you took it back and I was like, oh, man, I went and told everybody because of you, So I.
Speaker 2: Want to talk about that.
Speaker 4: I had told that one.
Speaker 5: I was like, yeah, there's a lot of people out there talking about what's beneath the pyramids because of me, and apparently it's all bullshit.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm like, you tru believe it. I still believe it now. I heard there's tobble roan under there. I don't know what's going on. So I want to know your thoughts about that when it's wrong or when you when you give false information and your favorite conspiracy man, like your favorite and like how much fun do you have doing that?
Speaker 2: Tell us about it.
Speaker 5: The thing about it is like, obviously a lot of them are tongue in cheek, but I always like kind of believe, you know, like some of these things are silly, but I'm like it could be, you know, I believe. And the thing about him is once they're they're crazy conspiracies until these things get proven true, and then you're like, oh yeah, so there have been you know Epstein and mk ulture. There's totally things that were totally far fetched that just became true.
Speaker 4: So you never really know.
Speaker 5: As far as the misinformation stuff, Like I don't ever purport myself to be a journalist, so when I'm wrong, I'm just like you idiots believes me.
Speaker 4: I'm literally wearing aoil hat.
Speaker 2: We've all been there. I can you know.
Speaker 3: We bust his ball still to this day. He came in one day and he's like, Bro, there's a guy that could run on water. It's called liquid engineering, liquid mountaineer. I forget, here's a thinking it was a guy running across a lake. And I'm like, are you out of your mondoes?
Speaker 4: I I can't believe that.
Speaker 2: I actually believe it.
Speaker 1: But you know, sometimes you're just in the moment you get got and dude, you had us with the Pyramids.
Speaker 2: I was so pumped.
Speaker 4: They had me.
Speaker 5: I'm like, kind of man, It's like, so you're just telling me that was totally made up?
Speaker 2: Like I'm still love it.
Speaker 5: I still think now that I have a conspiracy that the people disproving it are, they're the ones lions.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to circles over here.
Speaker 5: Now my U the most like this is not mine by any means. Many people have thought about this, but you know, the did we land on the moon or not? Is a big one, and I used to kind of beat that drum. And there's a couple other theories. The moon is a hollow sphere, that's a spaceship, all these crazy things, and I used to there was a time where I was really you know, sometimes believing and sometimes making fun of it, but I was talking about him a lot. And this is back when we had a serious channel and we got we got offered to interview the last astronaut who ever walked on the moon, and I was I love space and all this shit, so I was like, definitely gonna do the interview. But I also have been this anti moon landing guy, so I had I couldn't just pretend I wasn't, So I just asually was like, so, what would you say to someone who might think that that was fake? And he was like, I would say that you're the dumbest person alive. And I was like, yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, KFC, Kevin Clancy.
Speaker 2: We're big fans what you do. Hashtag Three Bean Gang.
Speaker 4: Here here it is.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, let's let's let's see what we got going on here. I'm a big fan of what you do, and I love how all your fans and supporters tag you every time they were having a cocktail with their wife or girlfriend.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, this this is the espresso martini.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 5: I've been drinking espresso martini since probably when I was starting barstool, like two thousand and nine, twenty ten. At that point, it was not a popular drink. It was kind of it still is to this day, but at that point it was a really girly drink. It was hard to find. Bartenders wouldn't know how to make it. They didn't know, they didn't have an espresso machine, all this stuff. And I loved it, and the few people out there who also loved it. It was kind of like our you know, a little badge of honor, our little club, the Three Bean Gang. You always put these three coffee beans in as a garnish means health, wealth, and happiness.
Speaker 4: It's a chost you do and.
Speaker 5: So for the last ten years it was really just you know, take pictures of your martini, send it to me, use the hashtag. I never really planned on doing anything, but then the drink became so popular. I got approached by Sazarak was like an alcohol distributor.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: These guys are like literally chemical engineers who came up with this all pre bottled, ready to drink, and you shake it up in a shaker and it like the thing about the martini is you need like the foam. It's got to have the froth and all that, and that's you could never make that at home that needed you know, at a bartend or a restaurant would do that for you. So now I'm a big homebody. I like to be on the couch. I like watching the ball game. I like to be here, and now I can have my favorite cocktail with this midnight bean. It has the right flavor, it has the right you know, consistency nineteen ninety nine a bottle. It's like, you know, the the cosso one martini.
Speaker 2: How do you beat that?
Speaker 5: When we first went down the road, I was like, this is just going to be a higher end alcohol, and it is what it is it's going to be like an eighty nine dollars bottle because you're thinking you're getting like four or five martinis that's like one hundred bucks. And I was like, I'm gonna get killed by it, but like, the people who like it are gonna like it. And then they were like, I was like, you know, we go through it all. It tastes great, looks great.
Speaker 4: I was like, what's the damage and they were like, nineteen ninety nine and I was like.
Speaker 5: American dollars, what, Like, that's fit. So it's it's rolling out now. It will be available coast to coast in pretty much all liquor stores, restaurants, bars that want it. So I'm at the phase right now of trying to garner up the hype for people to ask for it if they don't have it at your local spots, to ask them to stock it. And the way it works is, you know, state by state, it kind of gets approved and eventually it'll be a widespread nationwide release.
Speaker 4: So we're we're in.
Speaker 5: The process of really getting it out there. Midnight bean is I think, you know for espresso martini drinkers it is.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 5: I'm at the point of my career, I don't really endorse anything that I don't really mean, and so like it tastes right, it looks right, it's all good. So yeah, I'm pretty pumped about it. It's it's my first alcohol that I like put my name on, really and I think it's gonna.
Speaker 4: Be a hit.
Speaker 2: Well, dude, congrats. First of all, ask your liquor store about this. Yeah, I want we got that fight night coming up.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about a second May second, man, can you get a bottle by May?
Speaker 4: Second? Me the address I'll send you.
Speaker 5: Guys were sending out these influencer packs but then a shaker and a you know, a couple accessories.
Speaker 4: I'd love to hook you guys up.
Speaker 2: I love it, man, and congrats on that. That's gonna be a cool thing for you.
Speaker 3: Also, just because like you know, you've you've accomplished a hell of a lot Kevin. But to be like, yeah, I have it. I decided I drink this drink and now I bottled it and I teamed up. That's fucking cool.
Speaker 5: No, And we've done like a we we've endured, like we've we've had ad reads for other alcohols and whatever. And some of them, like a nice whiskey was a good fit. We also did like a kind of like a four local drink, pirate water.
Speaker 4: It was not a good fit. And now I'm like this one, this is the one, Like this is my cocktail.
Speaker 5: Uh. And I know it's kind of been a thing with like celebrity alcohol has gone like crazy over the last few years, but I.
Speaker 3: Was there was a market for spirits. Man, hopefully this is your portnoy uh high. Now, hey, dude, we're all behind it. I love me some espresso martini.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: I would love to get my hands on that. And real quick question growing up, what was what was your like go to cheap ass drink you used to drink growing up?
Speaker 4: Oh? We we and we were.
Speaker 5: I grew up in Westchester, which was like the underage drinking capital of the world, right right, So we used to get I would probably say like some some steel reserves, sane IDEs, like malt liquor thing. Yeah, those were I remember one time we got stopped.
Speaker 4: We were walking like walking through the streets.
Speaker 5: Uh, trying to We were probably going to a woods party in my town, and this cop sauce holding you know, six packs and whatever, and they stole the beat, like they pulled us over. They pulled over and you know, get rest of the ride. Act, stole the pier and we to go to the party, bit to walk past the police station afterwards.
Speaker 4: So they saw us.
Speaker 5: Come by again and they held up the steel reserve and they were like, stop drinking this ship. Yes, you were going to steal you know, let's go have a couple, you know, beers from the kids.
Speaker 4: And they were like, we're throwing this shit in the garbage, man.
Speaker 1: But how cool is that you went from sane I's in all this trash to your own martine.
Speaker 4: Dude, that's bottle here exactly.
Speaker 3: That's so cool man. Hey, pleasure man. Hey, we got to catch him against soon. Let's not let's not be strangers.
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: And you know, you guys were very gracious at the beginning talking about how we were OG's. But I've always thought of you guys the same I've been seeing. This is long overdue. I've been seeing Comino and Rich you know, for a long time now, especially here in the New York scene. So uh, you know, you guys have done a great job as well. I'd love to keep keep stay connected.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, absolutely, brother. Hey, thank you so much. See Kevin Clancy on over Promise and listen. You'll hear a bunch of this on Fox Sports Radio this week, and hey, we'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Until then, I'll read it there you baby, see you in the over Promised Land. Goodbye, Thanks Kevin EGA