Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is Nick Shots, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys As now here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: Well, two out of four ain't bad, but we are here for Mick shots and ever since present, Mickey's present and coming out of the bullpen Nate in Frisco come.
Speaker 2: I am so happy that y'all. But you know, y'all think of me, man. I mean, if every Major League baseball team would think when they're drafting, maybe they would maybe they want to be struggling mid wait for the season. You know, it's like, oh what do we do now? Yeah? Wow, go overpay for a bullpen guy. Even though the money ain't gonna change here. It ain't changing now.
Speaker 5: The amount, the amount of appearances doesn't doesn't stop you from coming.
Speaker 4: Well, if I knew Nate was gonna be with us, I would have wore my sweatshirt to what gut on site.
Speaker 2: I'm dressed. See when you're a fat man and the weather's acting up, I don't know whether it's gonna be Cola hot after Jesse.
Speaker 4: Got with his with his games, game socks, his tube socks. So either pull him up or shove him down. Right. Oh boy, we're off to a great starter. Mick shots at the s W A b C Studio. Bill Jones got called away on assignment and Savannah needed to take the day off. She had something to do that was playing a long time ago. So it was gonna you ever send an eye. But now Nate gonna brighten up our day.
Speaker 2: I wish I could man when I look at myself in the camera like.
Speaker 4: He got no light on you.
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus the black brother. Hey, Chris, that's a new meaning to say stand by, stand by, black out.
Speaker 5: Hey forget all right, Bill Jones, Now he's not showing up, but he did send us all of his got his You.
Speaker 4: Got his picks and I got Savannah's picks.
Speaker 2: Did you hit him?
Speaker 4: I ask him about the first touchdown. We just found out what the pod pick is, so we will carry on and get you ready for Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Well he still has Jake Ferguson. Oh yeah, yeah, he said touchdown in three straight games, so yeah.
Speaker 4: Well that was by mistake because he was just qualifying what his pick was. He knew nothing about the podcast.
Speaker 2: So it might be a good a good choice.
Speaker 4: Well, if he's listening to us now. Savannah said she would listen to us while she was driving, So we'll get going here. The Cowboys are out doing their Friday walk through. It looked like a little bit more extensive than a just regular walkthrough. They they've been out there for a while.
Speaker 5: Now they're breaking they're breaking the sweat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, criticizing off data a couple of days to try to make up something we are I was all coach MacCarthy doing this, it made me kind of feel kind of bad.
Speaker 4: No, we didn't criticize them. We just said they didn't do as much at the time. They normally do it on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: But uh, they're.
Speaker 4: Going through the I guess it's like kind of like play practice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're ramping up. Yeah, tomorrow will be a bigger and better deal.
Speaker 5: No helmets, no helmets on today, but they are running around.
Speaker 2: They better be careful.
Speaker 4: And they did put helmets on Wednesday to way, so getting ready for these giants that are too and seven And I'm going to ask both of you guys to start this so I'm sure everybody's worried about the Cowboys taking the Giants lightly overlooking them. Did you ever feel that way playing you noticed it?
Speaker 2: I never did.
Speaker 5: I'm one of the slowest guys on the field, So every come on, man, I mean, I can't sit there.
Speaker 2: And just chill.
Speaker 5: You're gonna be catch guys running four to four running by me all the time. I know they can run at any time. A wide receiver can run by me if I'm not concentrating. That's just that's my game. That's the way I had to play my game. I wasn't like really fast where you know I could just let another fast guy just come up on me and you know I'm running with him. It's okay, No, that's not me. I'm every I am trying to struggle to keep up. And I've had some people catch passes on me that have no idea what their name is.
Speaker 2: So I have to struggle and all the way down. Brandon hook Brandon hook.
Speaker 5: Man, man, no way, there's no way a little bit of guy like that, I'm going to hold his ass.
Speaker 2: I'm holding his ass. You can just.
Speaker 5: I'm going for one a game. The refere give me won a game. I'll take that.
Speaker 2: I'll take that p I, I'll take that piece.
Speaker 4: And you trust that if he did it two or three times, he'll only call it once.
Speaker 2: Hopefully. Well, I guess better time. What's the most you ever got in the game too? And who what game was that? Saints?
Speaker 5: Okay, you remember what you pay nobody I stip telling you I gotta be careful, man. I just I didn't have that ability, you know, to just go out there. You know I can play smart. But if a guy wanted to just try and run by me, yeah, he's gonna meet He's gonna meet that on board.
Speaker 2: I remember one time you told Manny in the game it was young and young in his career, and coach and Andrew said the same.
Speaker 5: Thing, man Hendrix, Utah University of best basketball player.
Speaker 2: That's right, it was. It was a preseason game. Dude double moved and then Manny kind of rammed the ball, hit that and he he battered away the last minute. Ever to say, bro, in the game, you ain't recovered a real game game game, Kelly said the son, you better be careful.
Speaker 5: Two weeks later, looking like Wall that might have been when Tom, No, no, it was Tom. Then I wasn't on the bench. Jimmy put me on the beds. But right, no, no, Tom was yeah. Tom had my back on that.
Speaker 2: You better be canful.
Speaker 4: I so you ever remember taking one for granted?
Speaker 2: I was like Everson, see something about free agency. I think that's what it is, and they always look at the replace. That's right. I can't afford to do that. I had Kevin. It was a Kevin Gogan myself, gee sick. It was Kevin Gogan, myself and someone else. And you you you were literally going to injury a couple of bad games and you will find yourself in that swing guard position. I never wanted to be in the swing guard position. So what everybody I played against was more athletic than me.
Speaker 4: How about not from playing standpoint, but preparing? Do you ever relax in your preparation?
Speaker 2: Well, I ain't have to work until step left Stepnosky. When he left, I had Tom Rafferty telling me what to do before that, and then I had Stepnosky. When they left, I had to stop preparing. So hey, I'm being.
Speaker 4: Hon carry yourself. Yeah, because because I don't know you. You you're coming off a loss. I can't imagine that they're just being casual off.
Speaker 5: Well, this is a loss, but everyone is, you know, blowing that smoke. Yeah, everyone's telling them cruding myself, I'm sure everyone. Man, you guys almost won that game. You gotta deserve to win that game.
Speaker 2: And so we're not. We don't have the same feeling that we had coming out of San Francisco and.
Speaker 4: A team that beat you beat forty nothing right exactly.
Speaker 2: Remember I was texting y'all the other day, cheasing y'all about we talk about New York and then we got on my show that followed and we didn't talk either about New York.
Speaker 4: Well, so we are we made a turn around yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were taking them light. Okay, so we're not going to do that anymore. We want we don't want to leave that that atmosphere.
Speaker 4: Sometimes the media thinks because they're taking it light and oh the teams.
Speaker 5: So they don't think that because these guys here, they to me, I think they hit the stride, and when you hear the stride, you want to keep running right, you know, you don't want to hit that stride and say, okay, I'm going to slow down. I'm hoping they understand that because what they did show was, Okay, we are not that San Francisco. We're not that team that was in San Francisco. Because everyone was judging.
Speaker 2: Us on that loss.
Speaker 5: Now, but here's another road loss against another great team. It's a different feel.
Speaker 2: I want that. I want that.
Speaker 5: I don't want that feel to placate us, you know. I wanted to inspire us.
Speaker 4: You know what I And I think everybody's trying to use the loss to Arizona as they took them lightly, and I think that's giving them a soft pillow to lay their heads on, because first of all, you got to remember they were missing three starters on the offensive line.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And the other thing is my impression of the game was not that they took it so casually.
Speaker 2: They just got beat.
Speaker 4: They got beat. And I don't know if the plan was good or you know, whatever they were doing defensively that Arizona figured out, oh we should do this.
Speaker 2: Because I think we still should have beaten.
Speaker 4: Them regardless, regardless, because that's their.
Speaker 5: Only winds so far, right, And see that's one of those that's this is the moment. How big a crowd we got always keeps coming.
Speaker 2: I always go like thirty sixty ninety's thirty dollars. Person. That's the way I look at it.
Speaker 5: Though I wanted this, I wanted to definitely inspire us instead of you know, saying, okay, we can just you know, hang out and live on our laws as they always say so right, Yeah, that I don't want.
Speaker 4: Well, and they can't afford that, and in my books, right now and they don't need to do this, right, they got to play the giants and not worry about what's coming up. As a matter of fact, Dak said yesterday during his interview, he said it, you know, if not for about an hour ago, I didn't know who we were playing next. Somebody mentioned it to you know.
Speaker 5: It really shouldn't matter, right, I mean, of course you want to game plan certain things, but it shouldn't matter. You should just man, I'm ready to play anybody, especially after the way we played in the last game. Now, what I saw was to me, the difference is and that hey, he's got to take it on himself, Dak, to me was the difference these last three games. He knows the offensive line is having problems. He is not going to sit back there and expect them to protect them to protect him.
Speaker 2: In the best case scenario, he's always looking.
Speaker 5: I think before the balls even snapped, I may have to escape here and do some things.
Speaker 2: If he were to played the way he's played the last three.
Speaker 5: Games against that same way against the Cardinals, we were won the game.
Speaker 2: I just truly believe No. I didn't think he played well at all.
Speaker 4: I think he was trying to be too perfect and he needed to use his feet.
Speaker 2: And be a football player like you. Yeah, and you hey, man, everything you'll understand is so key and so spot on. You know how I've been to the last four years. I've been upset with Dak to the point where I'm like, I'm turning on Dan Now. I got my old da big games man happy the game. That's all we gotta do is just find a way through short passes, screens, whatever draws to get some type of running game so he won't have to put everything on this. I'm ready, man, I just believe that we need a five game winning streak. I think we just got to just run through people. Man, just go out there. When when coach landr had y'all rolling, it didn't matter who y'all played, y'all, they just y'all just ran through people. I was we used to watch that on TV when Jimmy finally got us right, we just run through, man. So don't don't don't worry about who it is. You know, they ain't ready for this, Like Mike Every's telling us, you know, a fella, come on, fellow, stop messing around during the game, Like, hey, man, stop messing around. He ain't saying as nice as I'm saying, but come on, dog, let's let's just run through these guys. We do do what we do. Yeah, And Jimmy said that now, he said that.
Speaker 5: He said, if Dak would have played like this, you know, in some of the other games, we would have won.
Speaker 2: He said, we would. We will be in a much better position now.
Speaker 5: If Dak would have played the last three games, uh will played the entire season where he played these last three games.
Speaker 2: All you have to do is be smart. None of the the only None of the physical stuff in this game bothered me. All the mental stuff, Yes, that's what bothered me. Not knowing where your toy at when you're turning up, not checking in with the official, that bothered me. Not picking the round, not the pick side, that bothered me. The pregame, Uh, the pre snap that all that physical stuff that's gonna happen. Even with that kid, I'm not believing with that kid not making it into the end zone, you know, Uh.
Speaker 5: Done better? It should have been done better. Yeah, yeah, it was the.
Speaker 2: Mental part bothered me. The physical part don't.
Speaker 4: So is it.
Speaker 2: We have to be every team that you has been successful on Coach Landry didn't even draft guys they were smart. I'm honest, that's true. You need on this level, you need guys that can play above the shoulders. And that is what that is why we lost games that we lose. We don't lose because we're not physically talented. We don't think when adversity hit, do you go hysterical or do you are you the one that's heysweet? Dot? Calm down. We got this. We're gonna be all right. That's why. That's what we got insurance. So you the car, that's what we got insurance already taken. Okay, Mentally you are wreck, you know what I'm saying, And that's what us. Mentally we are wreck.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, that's funny you point out about being smart. My first interaction on a consistent basis my first year out of college. I was getting to go down and over the Atlanta Falcons. Steve Bartkowski was the first pick in the draft. He was the quarterback and they had some veterans on the guy. And my first uh, just interaction with those guys. I came out of the locker room and I said, these guys are all real smart. You know, it's not you were used to college, right guys, you know, language and whatever. But these guys were all smart and sharp. And I said, maybe that's why they're here, you know, or that's why they're here this long, because they're they're they're pretty smart about how to play the game. And I agree with you and that and that was that was a long time ago, by the way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I mean, you know, your players are more well rounded now. You can still have a little bit of dog in you, right and still be smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know it. You can blend it very well. Matter of fact, those are the guys that you want. Now we want them to be too smart. Now I'm gonna have a little bit of dog. Yeah, oh you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I don't want a bunch of a quoiremens, No, we don't want that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was Ron Springs. Yeah, was smart.
Speaker 5: That's why he plays full back, full back the smartest heart man.
Speaker 2: I like, oh, this is the same dude that they're gonna leave me right into trouble when.
Speaker 5: We get off, Take me over the NA seafood, eat up pounds, wait tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I just that that is why we are not. The reason we are five and three is because we were not yet. He's smart.
Speaker 5: When you saw the games that we lost, uh Cardinals game, I was secondary, not smart, not smart. I was telling you about that when you have a quarterback running for forty and fifty yards, if you have a secondary that's in tune to the play, your safety is gonna stop that at fifteen. There's no way it's going to go forty fifty five. That just doesn't happen. What are you do you not see the play? Do you not see the quarterback as a safety that's just inhim? When it comes to playing the position itself.
Speaker 2: Our safeties where tailor fans? Where is we play single high lot? Do we play double back safeties? Or are we fall across? How do how do I basically secondary?
Speaker 5: Mostly I see single I see single high.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 4: Malik either either, Malik or Donovan just.
Speaker 2: See this the majority of the time. Yeah, that's right. So one thing I've been thinking of, and I've been listening to the other shows because I like to learn, I like to understand, is but I find out that ALL twenty two all it does. And I'm begging people, and we do it on our show. I'm begging you stop looking at the all two. Wanted to to prove your point, right right, start looking at it all twenty two to learn to little interested pronounce that for me interesting sees interesting? Yes, yes, see how I just asks for help that they're all twenty two help you and not injury you.
Speaker 4: So and we got to take a break. But I'm gonna give you a great example, because everybody keeps pointing out on the pass that wasn't a touchdown to Scooter Maker that Cooks was open. Well, if you watch it the way you're supposed to watch it, he read where he was supposed to go with the ball before the snap, of course, and when he came up, he turned and he was throwing and as he was throwing, Cook's breaks.
Speaker 5: So you don't have that is this is so ridiculous. When we do this, you don't have time. This is a this is a bang bang play. I can't go. Oh, let me take a look.
Speaker 2: Over here, and then I'm going to go.
Speaker 5: There's a bang bang play, right, you're already locked in.
Speaker 2: Go to this break. Stop with it. Between the twenties. Play in the red zone. Between the twenties, you may get two point five seconds. In the red zone, you get one point. To what I'm saying, stop with this foolishness.
Speaker 5: Man, Yeah, he's open, Yeah, he's open. Because everybody sees me looking over here.
Speaker 4: I went to watch it and I said, yeah, he's open. He was already thrown the pass.
Speaker 2: And somebody was leaking in on you. Yeah, and he sort of pointed that out. Yeah. I don't want to call out the player. I don't know that. Yeah somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, well we better leak on to a break here on Mick shots and we'll be back in a moment.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And they snapped the press. Guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped left. He'll look for a first style.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Rushcot's gonna run thish in shelf, run it up the middle any stores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 7: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 5: That's what I like.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swacker, Brisky and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Cook, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three. Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas, Demic.
Speaker 5: Shuts Kpost Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: There you go, and.
Speaker 5: Chris, you gotta say go Everson, you can't say my name, man.
Speaker 2: I didn't know who was going to read Okay, my bad, my bad.
Speaker 4: Well, we knew it wasn't Savannah, right. I wasn't gonna say Coast Savannah.
Speaker 5: I was looking forward to that, Chris, you hadn't never said Jill Everson done.
Speaker 4: So you got to have backup, to have good backup. As we continue here on mix shots, the Cowboys getting ready for these New York Football Giants, who are seeing I'm causing more problems if they're listening to us. The Giants scored thirty one points in one game, and they're still only averaging eleven points a game.
Speaker 5: At one point they were having a tough time just getting a touchdown.
Speaker 4: Correct, So after thirty one they scored twelve three, sixteen, nine, fourteen in a win, ten and six.
Speaker 5: Before that, what about before the thirty one, Oh that's us. It was zero, Yeah, that was us. That's what eleven? You take that way about sixteen?
Speaker 4: So the thirty one in the zero kind of yeah. Watch he watched out right, twelve three, sixteen, nine, fourteen, ten and six. And now some of the players are complaining.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys saw that.
Speaker 4: Xavier McKinney, he called out, actually called out the coaching staff, and they're offensive coordinator Winton Martindell, he's in the offensive.
Speaker 2: Guys, defensive guy, defense defensive guy. Dave Ball is the guy. And then he's got a guy up on him. But coach Dave Ball is basically their their mastermind.
Speaker 4: And we basically told him to shut the up, and we don't need that, I.
Speaker 2: Tell you what, And I'm glad he did. Uh in this league where players have a voice, a true voice, and that is great, but moan about something that you can control, because if you're trying to talk about an overall offense, you don't know what's going on. If the only problem that New York Giants really have, and it's been since day one, is a lack of offensive line playing to the point where they're trying to get rid of the defensive players to replace these Sorry for the guys that's on the offensive line. I'm telling you now that the only problem the New York Giants. If the New York Giants had the Detroit Lions offensive line, Saquon Barkle had like eight hundred or nine hundred yards right now, he will be up for the MVP right now. That's the only problem they have. So if a wide received talking being quiet, man Daniel Jones will be doing well is also.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, he'd be still playing. He'd be still playing, you know, And we talked about it yesterday, who you obviously have to worry about in one more game than the Cowboys have played, only has twenty five more yards of rushing than Tony Pollock. So you know everybody says, well, they're just going to run it and run it. Well the one game, what did I tell you yesterday? Ran it fifty two times and they still.
Speaker 2: And he ran for like thirty somethings. Yeah. Yeah, so offensive coordinating is Mike kifa k a f k a is that pronounced right, kafka? Former? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh, he's the former university in Miami even to.
Speaker 2: Be form again.
Speaker 5: Playing you know, you know it's like somebody going to.
Speaker 2: Take this fall on that fellas. I'm telling somebody finna take a fall this year.
Speaker 4: So yesterday I give Terrence Steele credit. Uh. He stood in front of his.
Speaker 2: Locks student from the Firelighter, took every shot out of the man. Come on, yeah, what they do to him?
Speaker 4: I was just asked the question, asking questions and he answered him. So when you watch.
Speaker 2: Him, what do you think?
Speaker 4: I know, the injury, I know coming back, but from a fundamental stand.
Speaker 2: His technique, his technique as the game going just get worse and worse he he instead of bending at the knees, he started bending at the waist. He started reaching out. He lose you know, he a lunch. He's a physical guy. He's a handsy guy. Yeah, he's and he wants to get hands he because if he get his hands on you, he a beast. But now they won't even let him put his hands on so he launging. He bending over at the waste, you know, double a double move or bending over at the waist, and you're not been in your you know, knees. He's just you think it's the injury. Yes, I thought he just had like the inside of blown out made the outside blown mix said was his whole knee was the triple crown. How in the world, please miss Brett, Brett Brett, please don't get mad at me. I know he's cleared, but that ain't showing up. I understand his knee is one hundred percent, but that is not showing up. This dude has lost a litt bit of his go go juice man up here. And when I don't care how physically gifted you are, when you start losing confidence, everything just go to haywid I'm telling you, coach, so laarais saiy. Hey man, your technique. Don't abandon your technique. That is the only thing that's going to save you down the road. He got to get his technique back, and they got to run the ball.
Speaker 4: I saw a couple of things, two of them. When the guy got around him. He let the guy get into him, and then he just slipped around.
Speaker 2: One thing about it instead of him trying to punch the guy and stay back. He let the guy get too close and then he tried to punch the guy grabbed his arm and pulled himself around. Yeah, and so.
Speaker 5: Now yeah, yeah, because it's getting outflanked, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Just I'm telling when you when you start losing your confidence, you go to trying to try things, you forget about your basic technique. You know, you forget about uh like you know, cover to y'all fan and people to the outside. Well, if you done got beat a couple of times you're trying to get head up, you don't forgot about covering too. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You might even follow him all the way across the field of his own right.
Speaker 2: So you'll forget technique. I'm telling me, when you started losing confidence, ain't nothing worse in the world for officierve linemen or cornerbacks to lose confidence, because it's gonna be obvious because everybody the quarterback gonna pay. Are your safety is gonna pay. They're gonna be like, hey, man, is you ever gonna run down the field when this guy? No, man, I thought it was in cover to you a single high come on, man, And you can be overly aggressive sometimes.
Speaker 5: I noticed that Gilmore sometimes can be a little bit over overly aggressive.
Speaker 2: Trying to hide his Is that what it is?
Speaker 5: Because you know when you have that, you can tell that they have a couple of three thing going at times, or maybe a couple four with however they want to play it. And he's still he's he's so locked in on the wide receiver. You can't be locked in on the wide receiver because you have an area you don't have the man once he when he vacated, you've got guys all inside for that. But then he'll come someone on the outside into his area and he's nowhere to be found. We don't know to this day. To help us said that was Gilmore's play. Don't play him talking about it was? It was the guy was all alone. Those kind of things that you don't want a veteran to make, and it may be because that veteran may not have felt good about himself that game, or trying to get a little payback. You know, he's locked in on this guy because this guy's been toasting me a little bit. So you know, we got to stay away from that and be smarter as a secondary period.
Speaker 2: That's sort of young back there, man. That word smart has a secondary, especially once again that we have to be a smarter football team. If we're a smarter football team, were in better position.
Speaker 5: There were times when you guys made on the field adjustments, right, Yes, there are times in our games, the ones that we lost, especially, they running the same running play with the same action up front. I remember Harvey and Randy and those guys. They made an adjustment on the field. Okay, guys, they keep running the same play I think with some type of fold block or something up the middle.
Speaker 2: And you know Brandy.
Speaker 5: Would say, hey, this time, I'm not playing like this. He tell Bob Brunnett, I'm not going to play it like this this time. Okay, this is the move that we were waiting on. They got us last time. We're not going to let that happen again because it happened two times in a row something like that. They made the adjustment on the field. I don't know if these young guys can do that.
Speaker 4: So we got onto this part of this discussion talking about, you know, kind of must wins. You gotta string some games together. Do you remember in ninety one and you were sitting there at six and five and Jimmy basically said for us to get in the playoffs, we got to run the table, right, Yeah, And your impression on that was, were you able to take it one game at a time?
Speaker 2: You are? You are? And uh, And I know coach McCarthy is good at this because we always seem to lose and then win, so he got to be good at single games, so come back. Yeah, so he Fellas I'm telling you, y'all, I'm not basing our whole season off of this, but if we don't run all fine straight games, we're gonna when we get to the playoffs, it's gonna be ugly. That's all I'm gonna say. You got to be able to win, you know, win the games you're supposed to win. And I'm and I'm saying this about all other shows. I am so sick of hearing about the Washington Commanders. They do not play well and they do not play together. They are NFC East team, but they do not play well. They can have a defense if they wanted to. They could hold anybody in the league to twelve points a game. That's how great their defense was. Where are they not they trading players? Don't tell me how good hey that that Washington game. They gonna play us tough? The cards is the play us up again? What we beat them? Don't tell me about guys playing tough. They ain't gonna hanging together. All you gotta do is be smart and you will beat them.
Speaker 4: Don't let them hang around, because then all of a sudden they start thinking, oh maybe.
Speaker 2: We can somebody in the game gonna matter. I'm gonna tell you. Out of the Tobama boys, they either gonna start fighting. You know, Chris Young is gone. They're traded.
Speaker 5: Another guy sweat.
Speaker 2: They don't play together.
Speaker 5: That's the only reason you break up that that forsome Yes, that's front four.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a good thing we're together here.
Speaker 2: They don't play together.
Speaker 4: Man, will give you some pick sid picks to Cliffbear on Dallascowboys Dot.
Speaker 2: How much Yes did I get?
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite would a pairing can cracks, a kickoff Tailgate's going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed.
Speaker 6: By Monday Morning Swag Brisky and the Smoker.
Speaker 9: Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest spool. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like midder time.
Speaker 2: Celebrate Responsibly.
Speaker 9: Twenty twenty three Miliberal and Company for Orth Texas.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 5: Snapped the fresh guy who looks white. It's not there. He escaped flapped. He'll look full a fresh down.
Speaker 2: Just like football.
Speaker 6: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 7: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping school pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 5: That's what I like.
Speaker 2: Devict shots.
Speaker 5: Experience the most electrifying event of the holiday season, Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza powered by Reliant. Every Friday and Saturday night from November seventeenth through December sixteenth, Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza ignites the Star in Frisco with an unforgetable holiday performance showcasing sixty five performers, including the world renowned Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, Santa Claus and appearances from your favorite Dallas Cowboys football heroes. Visit the Star District dot com for more info.
Speaker 4: Oh not bad at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been practicing.
Speaker 4: Can't make fun of the league.
Speaker 2: I hate the league. I hate the NFL league. I mean, do what out boys, you're going The Cowboys go touchdowns and we used to get penalized all of this. Then they let Green Bay jump up in the stands now all the I mean all the stuff that we got hurt.
Speaker 5: We're jumping about the boat. We jumping up the Salvation Loomit Bowl.
Speaker 2: But but people could jump, you know, and see go out every year and give and donate to the Salvation in the league. One come on, man, I hate the league. Man, I'm sorry, I just looked at a dude jump up in the stands and be party with the fans. Let one cowboy fan jump up in the stands and party like that. That's that's an unfair fanta. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Do you think they still find guys for putting them throwing the ball in the in the I don't know they do. I'm sure they do, because now they just go hand it to somebody.
Speaker 2: Well now they throw. If they throw it, then place I want to get so that somebody can get hurt, they say. I'm like, you know, man, people don't knock each other's teeth out trying to catch.
Speaker 5: That heads, no helmets anything anything.
Speaker 2: That's why I look at this show man, I look at ever since, and I'm saying to myself, they are putting dudes in there with fifteen interceptions over a five year career in the Hall of Fame. Don start. They got dudes midgets in the Hall of Fame. Man, They ain't never tackled nobody for a loss. I'm like, wow, how did this Tom Landry made us tackle? He made us tackle.
Speaker 5: We couldn't get away, no businesses, No, we could.
Speaker 2: Not get business. If you won't you will be business. Yeah, you be in the locker room on the toilet with some bad business boy and I come up them.
Speaker 5: I think that's the way we try to look at this team. You know, Tom Landry used to and almost any coach Belichick, they would go over in detail any time you made a mistake, Okay, this is what has to happen next time.
Speaker 2: They weren't afraid to embarrass you.
Speaker 5: They weren't afraid for you to get pissed off and and mumble something from the back or yeah, something from the back. They were going to continue to coach regards and correct yes. And so you know, when you see, like I said, the secondary doing these kind of things, you know, has anyone showed them the era of their way so that they don't continue.
Speaker 4: To do that same mistake?
Speaker 5: And I don't these guys now, Like I said, we have a lot of power as players, and we fought for that, you know, but the players have to also be humble enough to know when I'm screwing up and I need to come to grips with what I'm doing.
Speaker 4: So before we get to our picks real quick, you're playing against a rookie quarterback, undrafted, making his first NFL start.
Speaker 2: What do you gotta do. You just bring everything.
Speaker 5: You bring everything, No mercy, don't sit back and say, Okay, let's see what they do. You know, let's just see what like going through practice.
Speaker 2: I wish I was at them in Philadelphia. I'm serious. I see him sitting at a window. I just take a break. We're coming all day. That's it.
Speaker 5: That's it. At you one, I have him looking to be like, I'm bringing no less than five on play one. I'm bringing no less than five almost the entire game. You gotta show me that you can do this or do that. We're not gonna let you run the ball, putting the putting it in the quarterback hands. I'm not gonna lets say Kwon Barkley do anything that he wants to do. Shut him down first, scare the hell out the quarterback on to the next game.
Speaker 2: That's the way I see it. Put it away. Put it away, man, put it away, put it away.
Speaker 4: Save yourself for another.
Speaker 5: I'm speaking defensively. I'm speaking different man.
Speaker 2: And I would score on in the first drive. I'm on offense. I don't care if it's three. I'm scoring because I know they're gonna panic as soon as I score this game is over, So as quick as I can score, I want the ball offense. They flipped the car. Hey flipped the car. Hey, fellas, y'all can have them.
Speaker 5: I was, I was even to I would even risk a fourth down. Yeah, I would even risk first drive if.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to score. Show me you can stop me. Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Man, having said that you usually lead us off with the picks.
Speaker 5: All right, I got it what you got. I'm getting fired up over here.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Cowboys gonna beat the Boys one hundreds and nothing. Come on, man, Nate down a hundred to nothing. Man, come on, dog, we gotta play. We gotta play the Cowboys. You gotta playing for the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Now, you gotta you gotta who's going to be the star player?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the start player? Yeah? Uh Dak that gonna throw a four hundred yards and seven touchdown. Come on, man, I'm trying to get you a hundred nhe I'm serious, bro, All.
Speaker 5: Right, ever sing you're up, all right, I'm gonna go a little bit more reasonably.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm gonna go. Cowboys have to.
Speaker 5: Go at least thirty points against this defense, So I'm going thirty, uh thirty thirty to fourteen thirty to fourteen Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for fourteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, let's go fourteen. When we're gonna bring in the second team, we're gonna bring the second team.
Speaker 2: To fourth quarter. Okay, so I judge your judgment. Yeah, we're not gonna play everybody.
Speaker 4: Who's play who's your who's your player?
Speaker 5: My player is gonna be I'm going with defense. Okay, they're gonna I think my secondary is gonna get off today. We're gonna talk. We're gonna go with Bland. I'm going with Bland. He's gonna get have at least one on the sacond.
Speaker 2: You just took.
Speaker 4: Okay, and Savannah with the right end.
Speaker 2: Oh, go ahead, Savannah.
Speaker 4: She picked the Cowboys to win thirty five ten and Donovan Wilson would be the player.
Speaker 2: We need you to show. Yeah, it's been weeks, but I need to see you. Yeah, I haven't seen them.
Speaker 4: And then I would go next, and she she picked my score. I had thirty five ten written down before I checked her.
Speaker 5: Dudes, come on, that the third team, man, it's the professional players. That's the professional I told you.
Speaker 4: I told you they.
Speaker 2: You want to shut them out?
Speaker 5: Dan, think we're gonna hold them to no points both games.
Speaker 2: Yes, the team got worse. Did the team get physically better? I did the team get physically worse? Physically worse. So you're saying Stanny de Vito, Tom of DeVito is smarter than Daniel Jones and running his office. I don't think so. Barkley gonna go Barkley leaving out this game. Bark like, after about I'm done. That's about the twentieth carry in the first quarter. He was like, you know what, this ain't happening.
Speaker 4: You know what I wrote down, Duran Bland, I'm gonna change it to I'm gonna be stubborn, go with DeMarcus Marcus Lawns once.
Speaker 2: Again, changing mind to I'm going with Dak Ferguson Pollard.
Speaker 4: Okay, and then Bill Jones is, Oh, you're gonna love this. He's picking the Cowboys to win nineteen to three. He said he was basing it on the late game in December from two thousand and three.
Speaker 2: Bill can come up with it, man, but he apologized, Yeah, he can come up with.
Speaker 4: And his player is Jake Ferguson with a touchdown and that's my boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The thing he was wrong with Bill is that Bedlam thing got him that last that Oklomba game got it. He never spoke of that. He never spoke up. Yeah, man, he like they want to ignore that game, like it was never playing. Oh man, the last Bedlam game for a while.
Speaker 4: And the pod pick is who's going to get the first sack of the game? Either team?
Speaker 2: I gotta say Parsons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't have any any limit on Parsons.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was last year. Yeah, yeah we didn't. We hadn't done that this year. We haven't limited that.
Speaker 4: I guess first sack of the game either get either team.
Speaker 2: Man, I just ride with Evers and put Parsons because I need him to start fast. I need five defense to be dominant real quick. We want now, So I'm going with number ninety five. Hankins.
Speaker 4: Hankins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's funny, bull right up the middle of my man. It gets you sack.
Speaker 4: I was gonna go the same thought and give it to oh Diggi Zua, so.
Speaker 2: I'm not kid name after three years. That's ogg. It's good Diggie Zoo. There you go. Yeah, wait, let me see it on TV.
Speaker 4: All right, So we got a clean sweep here. I was looking at.
Speaker 2: The New York Daily News.
Speaker 4: And it was a clean sleep from the Cowboys too.
Speaker 5: By the way, it should be like they said, I mean, I'm tired of these games where we we sho too much respect. Let's just come out there and just just treat them like practice.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm gonna circle this one hundred to nothing.
Speaker 2: Tell me you, man, tell you best. If Miami seventy, we ought to be able.
Speaker 4: To yeah, or at least hold him to zero. Thank you all right, Nate, Thanks.
Speaker 2: Thank you all. Mister Van I don't know where yet. Bill, we don't know where you at, man, but come on to work, y'all. Just take off. I'm glad. It's ain't a normal job where you got so many days you can be off because y'all are gonna reach out and then that guy, I'm the guy, I got it.
Speaker 4: I don't think Bill was off. He did have baseball, he did have parades.
Speaker 2: And parade come on, man, that's all. I'm guessing.
Speaker 4: He had an interview that he had to today. All right, that's it for mixed Shots. Appreciate you guys joining us, and we'll be back on Monday.
Speaker 2: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboy