Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Hits another eat your vegetables and You'll get dessert segment on the Armstrong and Getty Show, the vegetables being the stupid election story of the day, which is important but dumb, and then the dessert will be Hanson, our executive producer, claims, we've got the song that will change the election, that it's very entertaining coming on.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, it sounded like you said the song that will change the election exactly what I said.
Speaker 1: Now you can maintain if you like you cynical man, I am. The big political story of the day is what do you call it? Silly, stupid, dumb, whatever. But this is the flip side of, you know, in a time of lies, telling the truth is a revolutionary act or being the smartest horse or something.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure exactly, but.
Speaker 1: If dumb rhetoric is ruling the media, it takes fire to fight fire, it takes dumb to fight dumb.
Speaker 2: That's what I say.
Speaker 3: It's a different approach is so I'm going with the whole Puerto Rico is garbage flap was stupid also and shouldn't have been covered at all.
Speaker 2: Right, and how do you fight that? And this one is stupid?
Speaker 3: You're going with the Well, if the coin of the realm is stupid stories.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, they bring it absure toity, We bring a stupidity.
Speaker 2: That's the Washington way. No kidding, that's really good.
Speaker 3: So we're on day four of the mainstream media writing about and talking about the comedian's joke about Puerto Rico, which is freaking unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Who was on the stage briefly hours and hours before Trump was even in the building.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, mainstream media not as interested in And that was a comedian again, like Joe just said, surrogate hours away from the current candidate himself. This is the actual president of the United States, Joe Biden last night talking about the Puerto Rico story.
Speaker 2: Here we go or Puerto Rico where I'm in my home state of Delaware.
Speaker 4: They're good, decent, honorable people.
Speaker 2: The only garbage I see floating down there is his supporters.
Speaker 3: The only garbage I see out there are his supporters. The White House blames a missing apostrophe from the interpretation of the comments the official transcript of what the President of the United States said, And you do have to be reminded that Joe Biden is the sitting president of the United States.
Speaker 2: The official transcript.
Speaker 3: It says, the only garbage I see floating out there is his supporters with an apostrophe. Yes, his demonization of Latinos is unconscient. That could be true. I'm not even sure it's not true. But as you know, if it were Trump saying this sort of thing, he would not be getting the benefit of the doubt from any.
Speaker 2: Of course not.
Speaker 1: And it would be a four day apparently maybe five days.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Well, if Trump said it clear up till election day and if he's elected president, they would quote this forever, like he promised to be a dictator on day one, he promised a blood bath. He called you said, there were good people on both sides, right, and it would live on forever. But because it's Biden, they're going with no, there was an apostrophe in there, and if you didn't hear it, well then you're just, you know, a Trump lunatic or something like that. Here's Trump responding to what Biden said please forgive him for he not knoweth what.
Speaker 2: He said, which I actually think is a pretty good reason.
Speaker 3: It's terrible, terrible, terrible to say a thing like that, But he really doesn't know.
Speaker 2: He really, honestly he doesn't.
Speaker 5: And I'm convinced that he likes me more than he likes Kamala Convil.
Speaker 2: But that's a terrible thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know where that came from, but I like the idea of just mocking the guy's brain, and I think it's probably a pretty good idea. As Britt Hume tweeted out a Brit Hume of Fox, It's one thing for media outlets to dismiss Biden's calling Trump supporters garbage as an idiotic remark by a senile old man long prone to gaffs, But to pretend he didn't say it, or to ignore it completely is another matter. Entirely an example of media corrupted by politics.
Speaker 2: I would agree with that.
Speaker 3: Josh Shapiro, the governor of Pennsylvania, was on CNN when this was blowing up yesterday. He said, I'm giving you my fresh reaction to it. I would never insult the good people of Pennsylvania or any Americans, even if they chose to support a candidate that I didn't support, which is a really good way to just like have it be over and you don't have to deal with it anymore, although he was.
Speaker 1: Not denying its existence or significance, which I thought was interesting. As Josh Shapiro continues to angle for the presidency and presumably continues to work on his Barack Obomba imitation.
Speaker 3: Kamala could have chosen him as a VP and would have been in much better shape. But Kamala was asked today about the garbage trash comments. This is what she said President Biden about garbage.
Speaker 4: Listen. I think that, first of all, he clarified his comments.
Speaker 2: But let me be claire.
Speaker 4: I strongly disagree with any criticism of people based on who they vote for. As you've heard in my speech last night and continuously throughout my career. I believe that the work that I do it's about representing all the people, whether they support me or not. And as President of the I sais I will be a president.
Speaker 2: For all Americans, whether you.
Speaker 4: Vote for me or not.
Speaker 2: You know, that was a crock crap, but it was it was well done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was fine, A typical sort of thing to do. And I heard part of her speech last night on the Ellipse drawing the parallels to January sixth sixty thousand people showed up.
Speaker 2: That's a hell of a crowd. I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is politics and this is common I couldn't quite square the whole. I'm the champion of all of you, no matter who you vote for. But he's an evil dictator and we all know it. Those don't quite fit together because the people who vote for him, in your mind know he's an evil dictator and are still voting for him, but you're claiming that you like them and whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That doesn't matter, and it's all.
Speaker 1: In the recent history of it is okay, you're running to be a bland, run of the mill, moderate Democrat, but then your old boss there, he'd ended up governing like Jay Guavera. So you just you have no credibility, especially given the only policy pronouncements you've made.
Speaker 2: Throughout your career have been wildly left.
Speaker 3: So I see Tim Walls is up on CBS and he's being asked about the Puerto Rico thing.
Speaker 2: My question is.
Speaker 3: If this actually is the most important election of our lifetimes.
Speaker 2: And it could be.
Speaker 3: How in the last five days before election time are we discussing for multiple news cycles a comedian's joke and this whole trash, senile.
Speaker 2: Old man thing. I mean, you would think if.
Speaker 3: It's the most important election of our lifetimes, we'd be heavy into border policy, economic policy, something sure the last days, but we're not. So is that just sprint flailing DF? Is that just the nature of media? Is that what that means?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think it's it's also the nature of turnout in a situation where there's nobody left to persuade, and so they're trying to go with all the levers of the most base human emotions anger, fear, greed.
Speaker 2: Haven't gone to lust yet. I hope they will.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so it's it's really it's the caveman emotions period of the race.
Speaker 3: So Biden cleaned it up fairly quickly, saying that's not what he meant. My personal stance is a guy who talks for a living, is I regularly say things that I wish I had worded differently or went too far, and would like the ability to say that's not what I meant.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't have said that.
Speaker 3: And that's the end of it, as opposed to once you say something, it's stamped in the National archives for all of history, and that's what you meant and we know it, and just seems like a silly way to run conversations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 1: Appreciate your taking the high road when the other side has the entire might of the media and academia and entertainment and they're taking the low road. At some point, you have to win elections, though, even if the methodology is stupid, but.
Speaker 3: Maybe part of it is. I actually believe they're making a mistake. I think making that comedian's Puerto Rico joke a four day story is not good for Kamala Harris to have that be your closing four days of the last week.
Speaker 1: What so my final comment on the Joe Biden the only garbage I see is his supporter's comment is he is an elderly man in the grips of dementia and what he sees says should not be taken seriously in the least. The obvious reply to which is he's the effinger President Joe.
Speaker 2: To which I, in turn reply, yeah, got a point, no kidding.
Speaker 1: It's amazing how scary is that I've been counting. I've done it on the air some I've been counting the weeks that he is still Potus praying with the p get through it without some sort of cataclysm.
Speaker 3: Right, some giant mead quick reaction, and like you know, Cuban missile crisis type decisions need to be made.
Speaker 2: Not a chance he could do that.
Speaker 3: You have a Cuban missile crisis type situation where JFK had to make some of the biggest decisions in our nation's history with no sleep over days.
Speaker 2: We do not have a president that could do that. Other people would have to do.
Speaker 1: It for him, which is frightened, right, And I wonder I was noodling this through before the show. I wonder has there been some sort of triple classified communications sent to some of the evil doers on the planet from Giggles herself. I don't know, Joe Biden, Blink and Sullivan, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. I don't know, some cabal of the highest echelons of American power saying, you know, the president's failing badly and we know it too, But guess what, we're all unified that if you all get nuts. We're gonna go full on, screaming eagle on you, so just do not exploit that.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't surprise me that they've made it clear, probably blinking Secretary of State. No people are there are people in charge. Me and sect deaf Austin everybody, we're still in charge. Don't think that there's gonna be any hesitation to react.
Speaker 1: I wonder whether they got like the Speaker of the House and the minority leader of the Senate to sign on and say hey, we're with them.
Speaker 3: Could be very well. Could be, Man, I'll be interesting history to read. Okay, so we got through the vegetables. We promised you dessert. I don't even know what this is. Hanson said, this is a game changer for the election. This music, let's hear it, Trump, I vote.
Speaker 2: You know what this is. This is a whole bunch of happy Puerto.
Speaker 3: Ricans showing that they're not upset they're voting for Donald Drums.
Speaker 2: I'm digging this, Yes, Hanson, what do you know about this?
Speaker 3: I was watching the video earlier, and good job whoever put this together to push back on the whole Puerto Ricans trash thing immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why the speed with which this stuff comes down now. I mean it's oh, I love I love the Caribbean feel and the rhythms and the steel drums and everything since I was a little kid.
Speaker 2: Us you want to drink. Even Commo is down with this tune. Everybody loves it.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll be back soon with more of the news of the day.
Speaker 6: Stay with us, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Trump.
Speaker 2: So you got to see the video.
Speaker 3: It starts in an office full of Puerto Ricans and then goes down the street with all these different vehicles and flags and everything like that to try to make thinks they.
Speaker 2: May be Cubans, aren't they. I don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 3: It seems pretty clear to me that they're trying to make it seem like, you know, people of island nature who are brown are all into Donald Trump. Days after the whole Puerto Rican thing, the idea that.
Speaker 1: Hispanic people are some sort of electoral monolith has been fictious.
Speaker 2: It's like first that uttered by Absolutely the video is great.
Speaker 3: If you haven't seen it, we'll post that at Armstrong and Getty dot com. So the whole thing is stupid, right, The joke was stupid, And then Biden responded to it, and now he's on the hook for it. And so they haven't had Biden out there campaigning for him, which in political circles has been a story not so much to me for obvious reasons. He's unpopular and he's got his brain don't work, right. Why would you have an unpopular president who's brain doesn't work come out and campaign for you.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Tim Wall, and where is that on the list of most important issues for Americans?
Speaker 2: As well? You know, again the belt weigh's bizarre self obsession.
Speaker 7: But anyway, the old coach, Tim Wall's just a good old small town Nebraska, Minnesota communist coach who believes funded that organization that taught you how to put drugs up your butt, has discussed yesterday.
Speaker 2: On the show Mind your Own Dawn Business.
Speaker 3: I'm just a regular Midwest farmer who believes in late term abortion, in communism, just like everybody else, who wears.
Speaker 2: Flannel, and I'm a knucklehead at times. But he was asked out up with Biden, and this is what he said just a little bit ago.
Speaker 8: You know, there has been some reporting that President Biden has been sidelined during this campaign. One is there any truth to that, and if not, is this an example of maybe why he should be sidelined.
Speaker 5: Well, look, President Biden's the president of the United States, he's running it. Vice President Harris is our candidate and will be the next president. And I think there's two different positions there. The Vice president is out speaking about the things that we need to be done for the country. She's talking about all of those issues that matter to folks. And the president's doing what he needs to do, and that's making sure our country is reducing inflation, making sure that we're taking our leadership role in the world where American values are front and center.
Speaker 2: So no, it doesn't. These are just two different positions, all right.
Speaker 3: So the president's out doing what he needs to do, stepping on rakes that make everybody's life more difficult.
Speaker 2: So keep in mind out of his face is what Tim Mals was thinking. Oh man, please let it be over soon.
Speaker 6: No, I know.
Speaker 3: Well, And to be fair, here's a stupid story the New York Post had the other day. Did you either one about Tim Wall's ex girlfriend from back.
Speaker 2: In the day, Oh the Chinese coal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was so distraught when he broke up with her that she contemplated suicide. Okay, how's that on Tim Walls? I mean, are you familiar with you as the daughter of a prominent communist official, Jack? Are you familiar with the whole love and loss and all that sort of stuff add seff and very painful.
Speaker 1: One person decides I'm out, and the other person is like, I didn't want to be out.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's painful, it's awful.
Speaker 3: I don't understand why that was even in the New York Post. I don't go to the New York Post for that kind of story. I want to see stories like they said my boobs were too big to be a fifth grade teacher, and I think they're wrong.
Speaker 1: That and Hunter's laptop sooe things the Post does. Yeah, I just and it goes against my nature. But I am reminded over and over again by undecided voters saying, over and over again, yeah, all that stuff y'all are talking about. I still haven't heard anything of so distins from Kamlaw. So let's get together Wednesday and talk about the election next week.
Speaker 2: All right, that's enough trash and garbage. We'll move on. Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Jadie Vance is doing Joe Rogan's podcast today. Trump's podcast with Joe Rogan has been seen sixty million times. You could go on Face the Nation and be seen by a million people maybe, or he could go on Joe Rogan and be seen sixty million times. Or a better example would be since he refused to go on sixty minutes, which is a tradition, he could have gone on sixty minutes and been seen by thirteen million maybe, but they sixty million with Joe Rogan.
Speaker 2: Uh jad Van's doing today.
Speaker 3: Kamala Harris refused to do the Joe Rogan podcast, saying he wanted her to go to Austin.
Speaker 2: She won't. Okay, that's getting out of it.
Speaker 3: So we could have two presidents elected in a row, Biden Harris, who went out of their way to not expose themselves because they were terrible twice in a row.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I'm reminded of our theme of you know, a month ago or whatever, and yet they're tied.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just much of situation because you're running against Trump and half of America can't stand him. Right.
Speaker 1: Supreme Court cleared the way today for Virginia officials to remove about sixteen hundred voters from the state's registration roles less than one week before the presidential election.
Speaker 2: The way some of this is worded in the WAPO had a bunch of candaders on the rolls. I'm not sure that's a fair assessment.
Speaker 1: Governor Young can ask the justices to interview after intervene after two lower courts blocked his efforts to cancel the registrations of voters who seem to.
Speaker 2: Be non citizens.
Speaker 1: And as always, since it's left the media, they've got to point out non citizen voting is extremely rare. One of my finest tweets of all time. I wish I had it in front of me, because I worked on the wording a bit. Was it had something the effect of non citizens don't vote, Well, we would like to make sure of that they don't vote. How do you know you won't let us check you're a racist? Well, there's no mechanism for uncovering voter fraud and non voter voting, and they won't permit a mechanism to function. And they simultaneously claim the reason there's no need for checking into non citizen voting is because there isn't any.
Speaker 3: And if even if there were only a dozen nationwide, if you could easily stop it.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't you. We don't need a Geiger counter. There's no radiation here.
Speaker 3: Well, wait, is there any argument? What was the argument for leaving those names on the voter roll?
Speaker 1: They might actually be citizens, the information's outdated or something, and you're disenfranchising them.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, that's the argument. I want to get back to the Supreme Court and.
Speaker 1: The fact that they are an issue in the election, But first to the topic of the security of the ballot in people's perception of it, which is incredibly important. Jonathan Turley was on Fox and Friends and said the following We'll start with sixty.
Speaker 9: Michael, but we've seen this pattern. You have a sort of a cottage industry of registering people. There's a lot of money from the parties, from the government to register, and they are registered by obviously the number of people that they can effectively harvest or get registrations from, and that produces a rather negative incentive. You know, some of these people begin to cut corners or according to some of these accusations, just knowingly create in valid registrations. So it's good that they're picking it up. We just don't know the scope of this. We're seeing this in multiple districts. And that's what we don't quite know at this point.
Speaker 3: Oh man, this could be the ugly and not in the least bit entertaining part of the post election day stuff is all the legal wrangling and just waiting days or weeks or hopefully not months for various rulings and uh.
Speaker 1: And you've got the Democrat dominated states like California, for instance, that you're automatically registered to vote when you register your car or get a driver's license. I think it is, and you've got to affirmatively state wholl no, stop, don't do this, I'm a non citizen. Otherwise you're assumed, of course, to be a citizen in eligible to vote. And whether it's an oversight or malfeasance or as Turtley was suggesting, there's a lot of money in these registration drives and you get paid per you know, scalp as it were, there are all sorts of perverse incentives to do the wrong thing.
Speaker 3: In California, you're automatically registered to vote when you get your abortion of your second change.
Speaker 2: Oh that was good. I guess adamants are feeling very red meaty today. Good good, Ah, do you want to hear more from Turley. Ah, sure, part of the figures.
Speaker 9: There are a lot of states have tried to make it easier to register. There's a lot of money going to registration drives, but that can be a perfect storm when when those are in the hands of the wrong people. And so we're seeing a lot of these these forms that are highly suspicious and potentially criminal, but many of these are simply invalid, and so these officials are trying to do a catch up game because you know, we don't have a lot of runway here. When these registration forms come in, they've got to spot them, pull them, investigate them.
Speaker 2: And we've got an election barreling down this track.
Speaker 3: Well that's totally from yesterday, and this is breaking now. The Trump people are suing Bucks County, Pennsylvania, saying they're turning away Trump voters, are not allowing Trump voters to be registered or something. They're going to be endless lawsuits around this if it's super super close.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Allegedly, there was a huge flood of conservative voters trying to register and the computers went down midday and so on the last day to register, half the day.
Speaker 2: Was cut off.
Speaker 1: Sorry, folks, I mean computer systems screw up all the time. It could be one hundred percent innocent, or it could be malfeasance of the highest order. But in an atmosphere of mistrust and playing fast and loose with ballot securities, people are on the alert.
Speaker 2: We it's so week from today will be the day after the election? Will we be talking about this crap? Or will we know who the president is? Your guests, they'll still be counting.
Speaker 1: I guess that we will know. I think we'll have a fairly decisive result. Although my level of confidence is fifty two percent. I agree, But yeah, well, within my personal margin of error. You have, no you have a personal margin of error within your body. So I don't particularly care who you all vote for or what you do. I'm a I'm a small libertarian. I believe in free will and free thought and that sort of thing. But I would tell you this, for all of Trump's flaws, you got some of the absolutely odious policies being pushed by Kamalin company. Like you know, the editorial board in the Wall Street Journal was right in the other day about how Kamala was asked at a CNN town hall last week, and of course This got next to no attention because the Left owns the media.
Speaker 2: Whether she supports packing the Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: By adding three justices, and as they point out, that was a great chance to present herself as a a pair of hands to hold the union. Miss Harris wants to win so badly among disaffected Republicans. She's taken a bragging about a Dick Cheney endorsement. Right, So they asked her about court packing, Harris says, and I quote, American people increasingly are losing confidence in the Supreme Court in large part because of the behavior of certain members of that court and because of certain rulings, including the Dobbs decision and taking away a president that's been in place for fifty years protecting a woman's right to make a decisions about her own body. So I do believe that there should be some kind of reform of the court, and we can study what that actually looks like.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: So, whether it's packing the court or imposing quote unquote with ethics rules which are essentially congressional control over which justice gets to hear which case, she is for utterly trashing the Supreme Court and the courts as an independent branch of government.
Speaker 2: That is enormous.
Speaker 1: Trump is an a hole, okay, and he's rude and he's a loose cannon. But somebody openly proposing to pack the Supreme Court.
Speaker 2: I mean, even my liberal.
Speaker 1: History professor said, yeah, FDR went way too far. Even his own party said, hey, that's being a dictator. That's obscene, and they stopped him in his tracks.
Speaker 3: Well that's the argument Neil Ferguson, the historian who we really like, was making in the Telegraph. I guess the other day that who's who's the fascist here talking about Biden Harris and wanting to expand the Supreme Court and pack it full of people from their sides so it will dominate for years to come. End the filibuster, you know, the workaround Supreme Court, I mean student loan stuff, you know, and.
Speaker 1: So come on, none of the fact they want to end this filibuster for the purpose of packing the Supreme Court.
Speaker 3: Right, different topic. Do you remember those tennis rackets you gave me? Oh goodness, yeah, your family, your kids were grown. You must have decided you were no longer going to play tennis. I guess, having not played it in many moons. Yes, you gave me tennis records, which luckily we have because Henry and I went and played tennis yesterday using them. Oh crazy, and that was really fun playing that for a while. I hadn't done that in a while. I can see why pickle ball. I have not played pickleball yet, but watching it, I can see why it's popular because it looks like it's easier to do than tennis. If you're not, you know, a good tennis player, or young enough or in shape enough to do all of that running well, you have to do so much running around when you if you play tennis with the full court, we didn't. I got it down to the smaller squares because I mean, you play on a full tennis court, you were running like crazy. I was getting so winded. And you do a lot of chasing the tennis balls. Unless you got a hundred balls in your pocket, you do a lot of okay, that's both of them.
Speaker 2: Let's you go get that one. Ok get that one?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, A lot of doing that playing tennis I hadn't played in many, many years. I have a feeling there's a decent chance the rackets go back into the closet for another decade or so.
Speaker 2: Before I give them to someone else. But we had a good time yesterday, fair enough. It's the circle of life or something.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I hadn't been on a tennis court in years.
Speaker 3: I played a lot in high school, played a lot of tennis, but I hadn't been on a tennis court in many, many years.
Speaker 2: I was on there thinking about the guys, you know, at.
Speaker 3: The top levels now who serve one hundred and forty miles an hour, and trying to picture that coming at you from that distance. Holy cow, how do you even see it, let alone get a racket on it with the desire to hit it to a certain spot.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, there are a couple of sports.
Speaker 1: Golf is the other one that leaves to mind that the equipment has changed the game so completely it's out of control. Yeah, I've you know, I've I've said many times when discussing the world of golf, where you got guys sometimes driving.
Speaker 2: It four hundred yards now, oh really.
Speaker 1: Three four hundred It happens occasionally, like downhill or I did not know that, And like the and like average PGA tour pro can carry the ball three hundred and ten yards in the air, and so like Arnold Palmer, even with his giant wang, how far would he have hit it back in the sixties. Choosing not to address that, he says he'd probably hit a two sixty five total in flitting rollout.
Speaker 2: Wow like that? Wow wow, Well that's that's a completely different thing then. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, And as I often say to people, if you went to a baseball game and guy started hitting eight hundred foot home runs, wouldn't that be absurd?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course it would be.
Speaker 3: So do you think his enormous genitalia that Trump told us about help help torticle?
Speaker 2: You see what happened there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I saw it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I took the high road and he decided to exploit it, the low road being left to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you think that helped his gamersays for humor in your world? Or I can't believe that was a story for a day or two. Oh in the last two weeks of the election, we.
Speaker 1: Are supposed to not vote for Trump because he made Arnold Palmer had unusually right.
Speaker 2: I'm not even going to go there. It's just so stupid.
Speaker 3: The most important election of our lifetime, and the closing discussions are about Arl Schwarzeneger's driver and Puerto Rico being trash or not.
Speaker 1: And Gerold Palmer Schwarzenegger whatever. I had known nothing about the big German's genitals. The Austrian do you well, given his steroid abuse, I can hazard.
Speaker 2: To guess yes, yeah, that's true. Anyway, where was I? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And if you are, for instance, a person who grew up reading the biographies of the founding fathers and studying the Constitution, the Federalists papers exactly, and the ideas that brought this country from the monarchies and wars of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, the fact that it's come down to this is profoundly discouraged.
Speaker 3: We got more in the way, stay with us, pretty decent economic news grew at two point eight percent. I don't know if that's going to have any effect on the election or.
Speaker 2: Not, but it's good for America.
Speaker 1: Probably decreases the chance of the FED slowing rates because it's still pretty robust.
Speaker 2: Right, So good news is bad news, right, the worst news is good news. So coming up next hour.
Speaker 1: The audio at least is this is a radio show slash podcast audio only of a commercial suggesting that the wives and girlfriends of Trump voters are so terrified of their men that they are afraid of voting their conscience, but that they should be brave and in the secrecy of the booth vote for common lift they want. So that coming up incredibly condescending and insulting, like a lot of lefty politics are. I thought this was a good, a really great encouraging son if indeed Trump were to win the election.
Speaker 2: This is a rarity. Excuse me, but.
Speaker 1: The name of billionaire investor John Paulson has been floated publicly as a Treasury secretary, and normally those names are kept under wraps until the election. For some reason, people are talking about him fairly openly, and this Paulson character said he would enthusiastically work with Elon Musk to enact massive federal spending cuts if he becomes Treasury secretary. He said in an interview that this priority would be extending the twenty seventeen tax cuts, followed by wers.
Speaker 2: Oh that is such.
Speaker 8: You know what.
Speaker 1: Arnold Schwarzenegger, for the love of all that is holy, just came out and endorsed Kamala Harris, and he repeated the blatant lie that the twenty seventeen tax cuts were for billionaires. Wow, and didn't help. And he actually said, and didn't help anyone else. That is one hundred per scent a lie.
Speaker 2: Stop whining. That's not even spin, that's just plain not true. Wow. Yeah, yeah, way to go, Arnold, you jackass.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Paulson said his priorities would be extending those task cuts, followed by quote working with Musk to reduce federal spending, particularly by getting rid of the subsidies for green energy and the Inflation Reduction Act, which he referred to as the Green New Deal, which would have been a much more accurate name. Quote all of these tax subsidies for solar, for wind, inefficient on economic energy resources, eliminate that. That brings down spending. Now that would be a drop in the solar bucket, honestly. But I like the spirit of it. Anybody talking about reducing the size of government.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: And I don't know how Elon Musk takes on so many different tasks trying to get us to Mars and running Tesla in Twitter and robots and all the different things, but he says he's going to be part of that big Commissioner or whatever to try to reduce waste and be more efficient in government. I think as a businessman he is going to if Trump wins, be highly disappointed. And how difficult that is when you run into a bureaucracy that its goal is to stop you. And I'm not sure how much Trump cares either.
Speaker 7: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Trump cares about getting credit for it. Yeah, and you have the problem.
Speaker 1: I've mentioned many times that one of the most powerful lobbyists of the federal government is the government itself.
Speaker 2: It is such a colossus now it's difficult to.
Speaker 1: Fight just never ending growth between the unions and the self interested people. But I just I like the fact that somebody is talking about it again. Sure, I mean, I've got a story here about and it's a bit in the weeds, but it has to do with bond prices. But the point is that we have borrowed so much money, and we are playing to borrow so much more money next year, in the year after, in the year after that. The pros are starting to say, yeah, us debt, We're going to pass on this.
Speaker 2: That's not a topic for an election.
Speaker 3: The topic for an election is who called whose supporters garbage or trash.
Speaker 2: That's what you talk about. Huh. That's a good slender. Puerto Rico. We do four hours. If you missed an hour, get it in the podcast Armstrong and Getty