Speaker 1: I just wanted to know how you came up with the donkey of.
Speaker 2: The day, because.
Speaker 3: Today there's a bunch of donkeys out here the street.
Speaker 1: That is why, Charlemagne, we live a life where we fite our tongue based on Coolie may a thing.
Speaker 3: We never would say anything.
Speaker 2: On the breakfast club. In the words of charlemagnea god, he's a donkey.
Speaker 3: Ah man, Charlamagne, you've given donkey to day to who now well bust the rhymes.
Speaker 1: Donkey today for Wednesday, November nineteenth goes to those group of children and teens in Chicago who decided they wanted to jump a thirty three year old mother named Kashanda had her and her nine year old son. Kashanda, I am so sorry that happened to you and your son. I refused to watch the video because reading about the story was enough to disturb my spirit. Okay, hearing the news report was enough to disturb my spirit, and I hate to disturb your spirits.
Speaker 3: Well, let's go to Fox thirty two Pitter repol of Police.
Speaker 1: Well, there is outrage in South daring tonight a mother and child beaten on the way home from school.
Speaker 4: The attack was caught on cell phone video and has sparked demands for immediate action. Casey Kronas is live at Chicago Police headquarters with the latest Casey, that's.
Speaker 5: Right and community members, as you mentioned, they want answers now. Mayor Brandon Johnson and other elected officials tonight are condemning the attack as well, calling it deeply disturbing and we need to warn you it is heartbreaking to watch this video. It happened yesterday shortly after school dismissal, and we have blurred and frozen the video before things escalate. Chicago police are now investigating after a thirty three year old mother named Courshanda and her nine year old son were viciously attacked near one hundred and six Then Bensley. Her young daughter, was also there. The terrifying incident unfolded just a couple blocks away from Orville Bright Elementary School, where the boy is a student, and that says they were walking home when a group of kids began following them, then started punching and kicking the mother and son.
Speaker 1: I hate to hear people that helpless, Okay. I know we say things like hate is a strong word, and it is, and it's perfectly okay, to say, I hate that kind of behavior. I hate people who display that kind of behavior. I don't care if they are kids, Okay, their news reports that children and teens, Okay, children and teens, kids, whatever you want to call them. There's something you need to learn early that a lot of people learn late. And what you need to learn is there are consequences to every action. I look at this situation and I think to myself, Man, I don't care.
Speaker 3: What happens to those kids.
Speaker 1: But I know I'm lying to myself because I do care what happens to those kids, because I understand the environment that makes those kids become those little savages. Okay, I know the socioeconomic conditions that created that. Not excusing their behavior at all, because I want them to be punished to the full extent of the law. What I actually want to happen, or what wanted to happen, was for some other adults to come through an intervene okay while it was happening, and start beating they little ass because if you want to act grown, you should get treated grown.
Speaker 3: In situations like this one, I'm all for that. Okay.
Speaker 1: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. They needed their little heads busted. Okay, they needed their young asses kick. You know, I am a huge mental health advocate. Okay, I have a nonprofit called the Mental Health Alliance, and we advocate for social emotional learning in schools.
Speaker 3: These kids need it.
Speaker 1: We really need to address youth mental health with social and emotional learning in schools. But when I hear stories like this, it lets me know we also need priests to perform exorcisms on some of these kids.
Speaker 3: Okay. I don't know the ages.
Speaker 1: Of these kids, all right, but the ones that were teens need to face severe consequences. And the ones that weren't teens, I don't even know how you begin to punish them, because what are they afraid of? If you jumping a thirty three year old woman and her nine year old son in broad daylight, what are you afraid of?
Speaker 3: What are you afraid of? Losing? TikTok uh?
Speaker 1: These types of kids aren't even a ready to die because they clearly don't understand the value of life yet, because if they valued their own lives, then they would value the lives of others and they would never.
Speaker 3: Do anything like this.
Speaker 1: All right, Ice, you might be detaining and deporting the wrong people. All right, this is the epitome of we losing the recipes. There was a time when kids respected the elders, and Kashanda, I know you're thirty three, but you an elder to those kids.
Speaker 3: And there was the time you didn't cut up in front of the elders.
Speaker 1: In fact, whatever BSU was on, you stopped when an adult came around. You didn't fight in front of the grown ups. But now these kids is jumping the grown ups and what side is Kashanda said the situation stemmed from bullying at Chicago's Orville Bright Elementary School. So imagine comforting your nine year old, trying to protect them from bullying, and these little punks ended up jumping on YouTube. Let's listen to sister Kashana speak.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 6: They found my son, hit my son first all his faith. Then they dragged me in the grass and pulled my blood baby hair. I'm trying to f justice for my son. I'm thankful for everybody that came out here.
Speaker 1: Man, I love us, but I love me more. And you can't use youth as an excuse to not hurt one of these kids. And if Kashanda would have had a pistol on her and let a shot fly. Y'all be crucifying her right now for shooting a child when the reality is all she was trying to do is protect herself in her nine year olds. Okay, let me tell you why in something, and let me tell you why in his parents something. Y'all better get these kids h the recipes. Okay, you better monitor what they're watching on YouTube and what they're taking in on social media because Satan is not playing with the minds of our children. And I don't give a damn The first law nature is self preservation. If you love your child and you don't want to have to dress your child and a fresh quarter zip for their funeral, then you better teach them some damn respect. Please let me ma give these youngest who jump Kashanda Hatters and her nine year old son the biggest he hull.
Speaker 2: Hee ha he ha. You stupid motherfuck?
Speaker 3: Are you dumb?
Speaker 1: And that just disturbed spirit because the reality is, I don't even know what you do.
Speaker 3: To them kids.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 7: I'm surprised the parents there didn't say, you know what, let's stop it. I'm not gonna say beat up the little kids, because then they would get in trouble somehow, some way, but at least stop them from jumping that pregnant woman or.
Speaker 1: Little kids you can you can jump into that crowded stop.
Speaker 7: Or I wondered, like other other kids their age not trying to stop it, you know.
Speaker 8: Because as a kid would sit there and watch because the present one, because my kids wasn't I would see she wasn't pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my kids. I couldn't see my kids allowing that like they would jump and trying to.
Speaker 3: Stop the kids job.
Speaker 2: I'm not but still, it's just what you're taught at the crib.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's that's that's when the that's when the adults are supposed to intervene.
Speaker 3: Okay, takes a village. Child was the village, But.
Speaker 1: What if the village is you know, so the kids got to step in. I'm just saying that there should have been some uh some some adults to intervene in that situation. I don't even know how you watch that go down. Maybe they thought there was just a bunch of little kids fighting. Maybe they didn't realize that this woman was thirty three. I'm maybe you still.
Speaker 2: STI you see them kids fighting at that age.
Speaker 1: But but you know in Chicago you probably see that all the time.
Speaker 3: You're like, you know what, let me.
Speaker 1: Stay away from They might got pistols and all kinds.
Speaker 2: Of stuff, But then what punishment do you get him? Kid?
Speaker 3: That's all I'm trying to figure out. What what is the.
Speaker 2: Punishment your TikTok away?
Speaker 3: Like all I'm trying to figure out right now. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Don't want to sell for what they try to get it shot of him? Like what do you do to?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 1: And salute the little za o Sama too? Man, I saw that actor service you did. He's flying out from when.
Speaker 2: I was rapping from Chicago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's flying out. Kashanda had her in her nine year old to la to do some nice steps for them. Man. So I mean, that's that's the least you can do in somebody's experience that type of trauma.
Speaker 3: But I don't know, bro, I don't know. Man.
Speaker 1: My good friend Stacey Shell's Harvey, she hit me up. She is the CEO of Regeneration Schools. Dropping the clues bombs for Stacey Harvey okay, ceo of Regeneration Schools. She heard us discussing what should happen to these kids, because you know, we really don't know what should happen to these kids. And she had some suggestions, right, she is like, I said that the CEO of Regeneration Schools, co founder of the organization, operates a network of kindergarten to eighth grade public charter schools in Chicago and Cincinnati. And she said that child Protective Services should get involved.
Speaker 2: Child Protective Service.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, she said, child Protective Services should get involved. They need to identify every child involved from the video. All of those families should be in child protective Services where someone from the county is coming out to see what's going on in the household, holding the parents accountable, making sure these kids go to school. She said the school should issue suspensions because it was a dismissal. That's still their jurisdiction. But then child Protective Services should then be monitoring the children's behaviors at schools, getting reports from the schools and families, and they should know that if anything else happens with your kid is going to the next level. Because people don't like the idea of government getting involved, but when your child is behaving, your behaving like that, there has to be consequences, and there have to be consequences coming from somewhere. And she said it happens all over Chicago all the time. This is not a new thing where you know, kids are trying to fight adults or kids are trying to fight their teachers.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, I mean it's scary when when you bring in, you know, CPS, because you just don't want to body's child taken out for an unjust reason, right if they have a history, Yes, I get it, But sometimes kids are just stupid and kids do what their friends do, you know what I mean, which is stupid.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I'm not giving them a reason.
Speaker 7: I would hate for us to see a kid taken out of the thing about life family without them.
Speaker 1: You know, if you don't intervene, now that behavior continues, and guess what, you ain't gonna have to call nobody. They're gonna come get your ass once you become an adult. Right, but when you do stuff like.
Speaker 7: That, Yeah, no, no, no, those kids definitely should be held accountable. But I'm just I would hate to see PS to take them kids out of the house without having.
Speaker 2: The parents beat their ass first, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you what Stacey said.
Speaker 7: All right, stay all right when we come back, we got the positive.
Speaker 2: No inmore so, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good Morning Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull Lamb is soft.
Speaker 3: Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to bull dot com. That's Michael to bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Every day up, wake, click up the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Finish for y'all.
Speaker 1: Done