Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Emily Graffeo.
Speaker 4: Tim Stenovic is here.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today.
Speaker 5: We're joined by Managing editor for Bloomberg Markets Live Blog, Christine Akino. Okay, Home Depot, this is one that I feel like Wall Street really pays attention to because it's considered an economic bell weather, a read on the consumer.
Speaker 2: How did it do well?
Speaker 1: It did pretty well, actually, Emily so Home Depot HD shares up more than three percent at the close. And you know, we did get their results for the second quarter comparable sales return to growth, So that is the main story there, right, it was falling before three point three percent a year earlier. Now for this particular quarter it rose one percent. The kicker though, is that it did fall short of analysts estimate. They were expecting a one point thirty nine percent growth rate. But still that was enough to push the stocks higher. And in terms of you know, it's function as about weather. What we did hear from CFO Richard McPhail was that Americas aren't necessarily taking on large projects at the moment. What they're doing and said are is taking on smaller projects and home depots still benefiting from that. So Bloombera Intelligence saying that it's investment in areas, including its online website and its supply chain make it well placed for a remap.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is This is interesting to say because as somebody who's not good at home improvement, I still have to buy stuff from home depot. Yeah. It's just a question of like I see people there and I'm like, how do you guys know how to use all this stuff?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: There's like do you use a plumber?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What do.
Speaker 2: I Like?
Speaker 6: I used to build cool stuff with my dad when I was little, But sometimes we don't. And you know, but back then, like we had, we lived in a place where people had garages and power tools. It's not like that in New York City.
Speaker 1: There is expensive real estate.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, but there's a there's a new.
Speaker 5: Home depot near our office in Midtown East.
Speaker 6: Well, it's moved. It used to be in our building. Did you know that? Yes, in our building there was our depot.
Speaker 3: It was in our building, but it moved and it's it's it's nice. I've been in there sixty first Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: I'm not getting lumber.
Speaker 3: I go in there and get like batteries, so lame, you know, Okay, Christine.
Speaker 2: Intel is another stock, you were.
Speaker 1: Intel, that's a green stock today it's a a I NTC shares about seven percent at the close. And you know, we've had a few big names investing into that company. We have. Of course, SoftBank are going to take a two billion dollar steak in a company following a report that the Trump administration is in discussion to take a stake of about ten percent, So a lot of interests. There are a lot of big names coming and buying into the company. Analysts generally seeing that as a positive, but then they're also so skeptical about a lot of the company's prospects. A lot of questions still remaining there. Webbush actually arguing that the government taking a direct stake could inhibit Intel's ability to maximize shareholder value.
Speaker 6: I look, I'm not going to argue one way or another, but I understand that argument.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're beholding to a big shareholders the US government is yeah, you could imagine it would have lost way.
Speaker 6: Or if you're a company that is not seen as one that is part of a traditional quote unquote free market where companies are allowed to fail or succeed based on their merit and what they're providing to customers, then you know, I think there's complications there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's going to be a wait and see because we did see the stock drop yesterday when Bloomberg News reported that the government was taking at ten percent stake, but then it was up today.
Speaker 3: So would you say the market is still undecided about yeah, this is good or bad?
Speaker 1: Exactly. I think there's kind of like questions and that's part of what annlets are saying. There's questions over how this is going to play out moving forward, and can Until maintain its sovereignty over its strategic direction.
Speaker 3: In Vidia is your final stock.
Speaker 6: Which is is linked to Intel. Yeah, you know when we're talking about Intel's woes we can talk about in videos.
Speaker 1: Yes, such exactly picture not today, yeah exactly. I mean that's primarily the reason why the whole market is down right in Vida is pretty much the market these days. So ticker MVDA down three and a half percent at the close again. It is one of the big casualties of a tech so off. Today we have the Bloomberg mag seven index down three days in a row. Now that's the longest streak since June. And reminder that in Video reports second quarter earnings next week, big expectations there. Analysts are seeing forty four percent earning growth, they want to see a fifty three percent search in revenue. And you know, for all of its declients today, it is still a favorite among big investors. The latest thirteen f findings, for instance, show that one hundred and seven hedge funds have more than five percent of their disclose equity investments in nvideo. So still a big favorite there despite the declines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, think about it.
Speaker 5: If you're investing in a hedge fund and your hedge fund manager is like, oh I don't.
Speaker 4: Like Nvidio, you'd be like, oh my god, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Follow a new hedge fund manager.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna find a new hedge fund manager.
Speaker 3: That's a hard one to bet against.
Speaker 2: The stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines, Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.