Speaker 1: So we're ready now, Yes, yes, hi hi hi, hi, hi hi, this is Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: You it sounds like vinegar in here. I'm sorry, did you have vinegar today?
Speaker 3: Are implying that I smelled like an old man?
Speaker 2: No, something smells like white vinegar.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't do vinegar.
Speaker 2: I hate me too, so I don't know where that smell could be coming from.
Speaker 3: I will never eat those chips me either.
Speaker 2: This. Let me tell you something why. I don't want that terrifying.
Speaker 3: It's a weird feeling on your tongue.
Speaker 2: It is nasty.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Serial Killers. It's the podcast where we eat cereal and we rate it and we tell y'all about it.
Speaker 2: Y'all, y'all, wow, you ready for today? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: So you know you came in. I was looking for I wanted to bring back the cereal graveyard. I was looking for maybe like a Halloween old cereal, maybe that we haven't talked about yet. But I can't really find anything. There haven't been all that many, like mainstream Halloween cereals except for the monster cereals. A couple of randoms here and there, like the Captain Bunch and the Pebbles and whatever. But we've seen all those.
Speaker 2: Now, we've seen them all. We've seen them all.
Speaker 3: Water phones do that. By the way, you don't touch record, but it just starts recording. I hate that.
Speaker 2: It just does the things. And you know what I don't like is that they have a microphone that does voice to text, but then sometimes it has a little other microphone on the side where it does voice. Note Like why why are they both microphones.
Speaker 3: Let's save it for bull chat because we're gonna do that next. Oh, anyway, this is serial killers. We are going to eat. Now. Here's the thing that's been happening lately. Andrew. You know that once we try these cereals, I like to put them all out by the kitchen so other people can enjoy them and they don't get stale and go to waste.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The problem is so now because I do that, we don't have open cereals in here anymore. So people like to come in and say, hey, what you got, and I'm like, don't touch them, but then they wind up getting opened. So today is a cereal that was opened yesterday by Diamond. She opened it port a cup and like, can't eat this, I can't have almonds. And then just throw it out. And what is it called cereal?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: It's Quaker. It's a new Quaker granola that came out. It's a protein granola. This is maple and brown sugar. And even though there are almonds blatantly on the front of the box, she didn't realize it until she read the ingredients.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe she should look at the picture closer.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So anyway, this box was opened yesterday, just so it's fresh. Okay, I get it, and I rolled the bag down properly. So this is another one of the Quaker protein granolas. We did another one a few weeks ago. I think it was an apple something or other. There's your dad on the box. It smells it smells very very mapley.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for this one.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I am, because you know, I'm not a huge fan of maple.
Speaker 2: I love Quaker cereals or Quaker granola or not granola. Sorry, oh my god, my brain is not oatmeal. Oh me, which one's your favorite? The brown sugar and it's my favorite other than original.
Speaker 3: That's like the plainest of the plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: Nothing? I used to like the dinosaur egg ones.
Speaker 2: Oh, my god, that's my other favorite. I actually buy that frequently.
Speaker 3: All right, So I'm gonna go back to the fridge we have back here. There's a little bit of controversy with the milk this week. Let me just get what I have left over first.
Speaker 2: Okay, Wow, controversial. I wonder why it's controversial.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's controversial because I had you order milk for me from the little deli down the street this morning, and I specifically ordered two percent milk, and they sent fat free, as if that's an acceptable replacement. No, Oh, it smells in there. You smell that somebody's food is in there.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe take it out. I had to clean out Elvis's fridge. It reeked so bad, and then I saw I was like, is this new or old? But then I was staring at something that I thought was like rice. It turns out it was just avocado that was black.
Speaker 3: Anyway. This is the milk that I stole from my daughter. Yeah, took it from the house yesterday morning. This is sat skim. It's coffee. It's splattered on there. This is skin. It feels like it's not this. It's the refrigerator, so it's lactose. Free, fat free, but a little creamier because it's skim plus.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So this granola has some big old chunks, just like a busted up granola bar. There's a few almonds there and some other granola type things. So get it all on a spoon, andy, Okay, hmm, Well you definitely got a lot of maple in there, there's no doubt. Oh, the other variety that we tried, let's see oats honey raisins and almonds and oats honey and almonds without the raisins. We did one of both of those. I don't know. Check cereal COSPC dot com and you can see all the cereals we did. This one has a leaf on the back, so it's very fallish, folish and maple leaf. That's a maple leaf Canada. That it's nice if you like maple.
Speaker 2: I do like maple. I will say, this isn't scratching the itch that I thought it would. It's not good.
Speaker 1: This is great.
Speaker 2: It's not great. That did thank you?
Speaker 3: Oh they're great. Yeah, you got tigers on your titties. I do tiger titties.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm eating crunchy oatmeal. Yeah, and I don't love that. So I'm gonna give this three bowls in a spoon because the taste is good. I just think I was expecting something a little different.
Speaker 3: There needs to be more to it, Like there needs to be something else in here, maybe like a walnut or something. Yeah, they don't really do cereal with walnuts, do they. We had that one crazy, remember that, like fi Remember that like Fireman cereal a while back that had everything. It was like everything, every nut on the planet. Yeah, I mean it's pretty good. I give it three balls. It's okay.
Speaker 2: I think peacans would help it.
Speaker 3: No, I don't do those. I just don't like them. I do remember. I remember driving back from Florida. My dad would always stopp in like Georgia or something. When he had the the Volkswagen Rabbit diesel tied with all kinds of stuff. We'd bring bushels of fruit on the back tied to the back with the moped. I don't know why there was a moped on the back, but it's all on my head now. And then we would stop in Georgia and buy a bushel of peacan. Okay, I remember they were like tan shells and ovally.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't like pecans. Okay, just saying great. I don't know why that memory just came back to me. Well, great, I found a bunch of pictures yesterday. You'll laugh at some of them.
Speaker 2: Oh. Oh, I can't wait to see him.
Speaker 3: That picture was in there. That's why it reminded me.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to see these photos.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, we're gonna move on to the next cereal. Thank you, Quaker. Yeah, well, don't thank them. I paid for it. But we can thank our friend Matt because always this is another top supermarket cereal.
Speaker 2: Are friends of the show, Matt other Scott truly help us, like keep the show running. So shout out to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the and the Wegman girls. And we have all kinds of friends. Yeah, I love them.
Speaker 2: Oh, corn flakes corn for from tops.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Oh my mom bought a cereal.
Speaker 3: Oh I can't wait to hear what this one is. Oh did you get did you guys see this one? Yeah? We did it four years ago.
Speaker 2: Why are you being me to my mother? Sorry, don't be mean to Donna. Hey Donna, Well you got to do me like that?
Speaker 3: What you get us?
Speaker 2: She got to stop and chop something or other. It's very thoughtful because we haven't had anything stop and chop. Yes we have, what if we had a lot, show me I'm about to you should here you go, you all. You also can go to serial killerspc dot com and that way you can see all the cereals that we've done that Donna should have done. But that's okay, Donna, I really appreciate it. Does sound like it.
Speaker 3: No, I do. I think she thought of us. That's very She always thinks of you, but this time she thought of me a little bit. We definitely did stop and shop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, we definitely know we have somewhere is it? Uh? Giants?
Speaker 3: There we go, we've done.
Speaker 2: She got us one that we didn't have. She got us the Krispy Squares. Oh cool, Yeah, there it's there for us, tod it's their Cinnimental's crunch.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, love that. Yeah, I think I might have it here?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I have a different one. We're good. She's good. She's good.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and brought us one back from their trip to Ireland. Ooh yeah, cinnamon crisps. Oh wait a second, hold on, Oh my god, you have them right there? I see them?
Speaker 3: No, oh, Donna Donna, Donna, Donna, Donna, Dona, Donna.
Speaker 2: She bought these back on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's so sweet. She should donate them now she will be Thanksgiving is coming up and they need cereal.
Speaker 2: Oh trust me. She goes ham on those mmmham and she gets the free ham from shop right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it. Look at that. I don't remember somebody sent us that out.
Speaker 2: Can we just do it this episode?
Speaker 3: I might have bought it. You want to do it, We'll do it the other one away? Okay, sorry, Uncle Crumbles, you'll be next week by Uncle Crumble. Here you go. Here's your corn flakes, Andrew.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be very generic, very plain, but this should also be inframe. Let's be thinking about the on camera aesthetic.
Speaker 3: I like that. There's actually a little touch of sweetness, just a touch. Yes, I like it. I would eat this actually.
Speaker 2: M no, what no? There's something what off?
Speaker 3: It doesn't taste exactly like your now Kellogg's cornflakes with you know Cornelius rooster on the front. Whot cornelias the rooster? I like the milk has turned yellow, though, I don't think I love it really.
Speaker 2: Now, something's off. I'm gonna give it three bowls.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give it four balls.
Speaker 2: I think if this was my only option for a corn flake, yes, manageable, but knowing what a corn flake, like a good Cornelius cornflake, tastes like, this does not match.
Speaker 3: I feel like I could also, like maybe confuse it for frosted flakes, A little bit like a very.
Speaker 2: Dull old box of frosted flakes.
Speaker 3: There's like the ingredient is great.
Speaker 2: There's nothing in here fat free and cholesterol yellow cor.
Speaker 3: I gotta watch the cholesterol. I'm having problems anyway.
Speaker 2: No cup, the vapors, yellow co sugar, salt, and barley malt extract.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's literally all it's in here. He's pretty good. Tops good job. Maybe you should have water. I had seltzer before.
Speaker 2: That doesn't count as water.
Speaker 3: It's water based, okay, cool.
Speaker 2: Everything is water based. We do this at least once a month.
Speaker 3: But at least it wasn't a diuretic like your iced tea. What you told me, iced tyas dies diuretic.
Speaker 2: So you're peeing, but then you're also filling it up with stuff that's not water. Just drink water.
Speaker 3: I'm getting dizzy. Milk also has water. Comes from cows. It's liquid. Liquid is liquid. Liquid goes through you. That's all it is. You drink liquid to go through you and keep you hydrated.
Speaker 2: Right, everybody who's listened to this has gotten dumber because of what you just said. We have to go to a commercial.
Speaker 3: Oh see, I forgot. I think I might need to go to the hospital.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yeah, you have to go to the hospital.
Speaker 3: I might have to got it? Uh And as Wilford says, it's the right thing to do, Well, we're back.
Speaker 2: No welcome, I said, welcome. Okay, you know our friend Nick?
Speaker 3: I do Oh, our friend Nick, the guy that used to work here, Yes, right with the goats.
Speaker 2: Yes, his blood pressure actually went super high. Why would he like, no idea. He just can't stop passing out. And his blood pressure went up to two sixty.
Speaker 3: Like the goats that pass out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they get scared. Yeah, what that's why when you're like, let's go to the hospital my blood pressure, I'm forgetful. Just no, people might be actually passing out and have bad blood pressure.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not kidding. I'm not in a good way right now.
Speaker 2: You're not in a good way right now.
Speaker 3: I made a cardiologist appointment. He couldn't see me till tuesday, So we're gonna have a problem. I think.
Speaker 2: Does your insurance good? Like? Does it cover everything for.
Speaker 3: The most part, not dental?
Speaker 2: Oh thank you Jesus, dude.
Speaker 3: I need a crown really bad and I'm not paying for it.
Speaker 2: How much are crowns with insurance? It's eight hundred and sixty dollars. Geez.
Speaker 3: So I guess I'll just have a hurt tooth. Yeah, all right, So you tell me what these are, Indy, because Donna bought them.
Speaker 2: My mom bought these, but this is not the box she bought. Sorry, Mom. It's cinnamon crisps. I guess it's stopping, which is giant maybe if you live in a different part of the country.
Speaker 3: Very good, very good.
Speaker 2: This is their version of cinnamon Toa's crunch.
Speaker 3: It is, but they already don't look the same.
Speaker 2: The patterns on there are weird. They're trying to go for the same cinnamon the cinnamon guy. Actually, no, cinnamon is applejacks. Did you know that? You didn't? Okay, you know nothing about cereal.
Speaker 3: I love the little milk carton.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's cute, he is.
Speaker 3: Do you like my weedy shirt?
Speaker 2: It's so cool. Did you pull that out from your closet?
Speaker 3: Well, that's usually where I keep my shirts, That's.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying your but your storage closet or your attic, I should say, was this one of the ones that was in rotation actual closet.
Speaker 3: There's not enough cinnamon on this or sugar. It's very, very underwhelming. This is one cereal where I would not buy. The generic cinnamon Toa's crunch is way better. There's actually like granual sugar cinnamon on cinnamon TOAs crunch. I don't know, what do you say? What do you do? Are you good? Yeah?
Speaker 2: This is like so much cinnamon? No, like there's a lot of cinnamon.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, just add a little cinnadust. I literally can't eat this.
Speaker 2: You poured half the bottle in here.
Speaker 3: I just sprinkled some cinnamonta sprinkle.
Speaker 2: You poured, but.
Speaker 3: I accidentally opened the spoon section.
Speaker 2: Eat this, it's congealed.
Speaker 3: I opened the spoon section instead of the sprinkle section.
Speaker 2: I literally can't even use this, like it's all floating. It's like a mess.
Speaker 3: Like you should try it.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying this. I don't want to die. That would be the Cinnamon Challenge much better.
Speaker 3: It's club club big Okay. It doesn't have enough cinnamon sugar, and there's no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Look at what you did.
Speaker 3: Please eat it. Come on, dude, for the show. You eat it, no spoon.
Speaker 2: It's like disgusting mud. Now I didn't mind it. I'm gonna give it four bowls. Wow, it tastes cinnamony. It didn't need this cynadust. Although cinna mintoast crunch is delicious, it doesn't need this.
Speaker 3: It's getting two balls in a spoon for me because it's just you're expecting cinnamon toast crunch and this is not it.
Speaker 2: When I tell you the amount that you poured in, I'm so sorry to go back to it. It went from like a liquid to a solid, like I can't move. It's like oatmeal.
Speaker 3: Now, cinnadust, what's in this cinnamon and sugar?
Speaker 2: That's terrifying.
Speaker 3: It's literally it.
Speaker 2: Well, why is it making? Like? Why it's become.
Speaker 3: Solid because I put a lot in there that I didn't know there was a thing. It congeals it.
Speaker 2: Physics, yes, or chemistry one of those. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Biology, we both failed. Oh my god. I never took any of those times.
Speaker 2: I wasn't allowed to take physics.
Speaker 3: Wasn't allowed. Yeah, it would hurt yourself with a pendulum. No, what isn't that physics?
Speaker 2: Beca isn't Harry Potter. It's hurt walking with pendulums to glass. I just didn't have my broomstick. I couldn't go to math class.
Speaker 3: It's the compass, right, the compass, or is that the protractor which is the one with the point that they don't do any more? Protractor right? And that's geometry the pencil and the point that kids would stab each other with. Now they're like they're not sharp anymore. When I was a kid that were metal, it was. It was a stabbing device. You wouldn't go through the airport with it. That's how that's how sharp those things were.
Speaker 2: Were you trying to travel with your pro trip?
Speaker 3: I did. I did once I had to go on a math trip. Yeah, what I was so sorry?
Speaker 2: Explain your math trip? What?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just remember how I remember having a protractor in my bag at the airport one time and it didn't matter.
Speaker 2: Then you could take it though there wasn't tsa no.
Speaker 3: No, you want to bring a knife. Go ahead. Yeah, you could even bring a small gun if you'd like.
Speaker 2: Well, my mom on nine to nine, two thousand and one, we were in Texas coming back. She didn't bring her ID for some reason, and she showed her Costco card and that's how.
Speaker 3: She got through security. Shut the hell up. Yep, Wow, how times her changed different time? For sure. I was standing behind somebody when we were flying back from Florida and they didn't have a real ID, so they they flag them. They let them travel, but they had to move over to the other side for further inspection. So if you have the new do you have TSA pre I don't do that.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna do this. But with the new TSA PREX, I don't know. They made TSA like ridiculous. Down with the forty two different lines. Oh you have clear, Oh you have clear plus, you have TSA pre Oh you have TSA pre faceless, the faceless one. You don't even need an idea anymore. They literally scan your face and they let you go.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. Yeah, that's how it should be.
Speaker 2: So now with I don't even have a real ID and I don't know.
Speaker 3: Hey, we gotta go. Thank you for listening. Is the refrigerator that's Nate's food, it says Nathan on it. Well, how old is nat you put it in there today? Why does it smell like shrimp salad or something?
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's salmon. Oh my sorry, it's like fart.
Speaker 3: It's like old people fart.
Speaker 2: Oh old people home smelling, my lord.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to serial Killers. Please follow us on Instagram at serial Killers pce. See. Hey, there's a bunch of new cereals coming that I saw a post and I'm very excited for Did you know that there is a new fruit Loop cereal? But it's cocoa loops, so it's just smart. Yeah, so there's no fruit, it's just it's just too can and cocoa coss brown brother doing cocoa what coco cereal?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah cool?
Speaker 2: Are you good?
Speaker 3: I think there's some new honey bunches of oats, like like sprinkle cookie or something coming that's exciting. Yeah, all right, we gotta go. Thanks for listening until we see you next Monday. Say crinch are runch? Okay? If this was live, people would throw stuff at us. Yeah, for sure, for sure. Tomato tomato tomatoes